Nifty Fifties Plus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Hello Everyone - Page 24 Empty Re: Hello Everyone

Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:44 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We had rain this morning from early on and it stayed for most of the morning and then into the afternoon.  It's turned out fine now and we have some sunshine!  Smile

David did the essential shopping early this morning.  I haven't done my exercises today as my back has still been hurting, though not as badly as it has been. Hopefully I'll be doing the full range of exercises again tomorrow.  I'll try again anyway. David and I then watched some TV.  After lunch, we did the washing up together.  He's now watching the snooker on the TV and I came on here.  I've done some reading.  I've also done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.  I've  tackled the cryptic crossword in the daily newspaper but have still more to do on it and I shall attempt to do so later this afternoon.

PAULINE: Late coming in here yesterday, but it has been a full one.  Started off early and got to the centre and did the shopping you needed and cash from the bank then the bus to the pharmacy for the covid jab and collect prescription, then to the club.  Enjoyed it there and we had a talk from a lady who belonged to a group that studied post boxes and she had so many photos and items on display - so interesting.  We won the quiz and you won a tin of tuna in the raffle.  Home after that to get the shopping away and been working on the finances since then and they have worked out right.

Won't be long off of settling down, as early start tomorrow when Susi arrives followed by Aimie and a start to be made on the garden so you do hope the rain stays away, unlike today.

I hope we both can get back to doing our full range of exercises before too long.

Today, Susi and Aimie have just left and will be back on another day to continue and get the bags of rubbish to the local recycling centre.  All the ivy has been taken down and the honeysuckle saved and we need a new 6ft tall post (Susi is going to get that for you) to match the one holding the wooden trellis across the pathway (which is for one of the clematis) and then we can get the new trellis into place for some of the honeysuckle - looks so much better now with more light coming into the lounge. We did get rain on and off for a couple of hours during the time they worked, but they  still were able to get things done and you slotted in lunch during one wet hour.,

You really must away for a rest now and hope knees appreciate it and you hope we enjoy the rest of the afternoon and evening.

JEAN: The meal at sons was the usual one with all frozen stuff and slow cooked meat.  Not your idea of a meal but at least you saw him.

The sore on your leg is playing up where peanut jumped on you.  It was his claws.  May have to go to docs about that. I think you do need to do that, JEAN.

Not too bad on dog walk but still cold.

DIAN: So far it is a nice bright sunny morning so just going to hang out a washing and then maybe tackle another few shrubs.

I hope that RITA is having a good day.

Stay safe and well, everyone!

Lots of love from me to all!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:38 am
Have made doctors appointment about that claw sore it is still red and yuck. this afternoon
today it is still cold out there been for a quick walk
hope all are well
Pauline
Pauline
Admin
https://nifty-fifties.forumotion.com

Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:00 am
Hello Everyone - Page 24 Cbygf817
Good Morning Ladies.  Starting off with sunshine again this morning, but I think we all know not to rely on that for the entire day.  If I did, I would try and get in the garden and get the path edging tidy, but don't think my hands would be too happy.  Last evening I went upstairs to catch up with some of the recorded t v and unfortunately fell asleep.  Was in so much pain when I woke up I had a horrible time getting down the stairs to take a couple of the tablets and to sleep in the recliner for the night.  Thankfully much better this morning and I do reckon yesterday was also worsened by the covid jab, which normally I don't get affectd by, but certainly did yesterday.

Barbara, I see you are hoping to get back to your exercises today and I must try mine again today, because all of that progress I made originally has been wasted, so got to be determined about getting back to mine.  I see you and David have enjoyed watching the snooker together.

Jean I am sure we are all happy knowing you have made an appointment to get that sore area on your leg looked at by the doc ad hope all is well for you and that heals okay - sounds quite bad.

Dian, wishing you a happy morning at the club today.

I am off to finish the washing up and then upstairs to try and persevere with the exercises.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:34 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 24 D9ypv051
Pauline sorry you had such a miserable night as know how much pain affects you .I know how much you would like to  attend to the garden but think really too soon just yet[table][tr][td][/t
Hope the pain has calmed down  Hope you did keep the warm weather

Jean do hope you get your painful leg seen to soon.

Barbara David did the essential shopping but you could not do your usual exercises as your back is still too painful .After lunch you both did the washing up then David watched the snooker while you came in here .Do hope your back improves soon

Got to my wed club but no win at the Bingo but enjoyed the chat .It has been a beautiful day hear so far so I am going to cut back another shrub first then sit out if the sun stays out
Wishing you all a good day
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:09 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We had lovely sunshine from early this morning but then the clouds came over and the sun disappeared.  It's come out a few times but it's now been cloudy for quite some time.  Maybe we'll get the late sunshine later like we often do.

David did the essential shopping early this morning.  I haven't done my exercises today as my back has still been hurting, though not as badly as it has been. Hopefully I'll be doing the full range of exercises again tomorrow.  I'll try again anyway. I then watched some TV and David went to the terrain to play in the club session.  He won 2 out of the 3 games that he played and so well done to him..  After lunch, we did the washing up together.  I then watched some more TV and he's now watching the snooker on the TV.  He made us a nice hot drink each.  I've done some reading.  I've also done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.  I haven't yet  tackled the cryptic crossword in the daily newspaper but I shall attempt to do so later this afternoon.

JEAN: You have made doctors appointment about that claw sore.  It is still red and yuck, for this afternoon.  I hope you get on all right, Jean.

Today it is still cold out there.  Been for a quick walk.

Hope all are well.

PAULINE: Starting off with sunshine again this morning, but you think we all know not to rely on that for the entire day.  If you did, you would try and get in the garden and get the path edging tidy, but don't think your hands would be too happy. Last evening you went upstairs to catch up with some of the recorded t v and unfortunately fell asleep.  You were in so much pain when you woke up you had a horrible time getting down the stairs to take a couple of the tablets and to sleep in the recliner for the night.  Thankfully much better this morning and you do reckon yesterday was also worsened by the covid jab, which normally you don't get affected by, but certainly did yesterday.

You went off to finish the washing up and then upstairs to try and persevere with the exercises.

DIAN: Got to your Wed club but no win at the Bingo but enjoyed the chat.  It has been a beautiful day hear so far so you are going to cut back another shrub first then sit out if the sun stays out.

Wishing us all a good day.

I hope that Rita is having a good day.

Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:38 am
Hello Everyone - Page 24 Z11
Hello Ladies.  I managed to do all of my exercises yesterday which I am very happy about and aim to do them today.  The worse problem  have is still this horrible pain in the hands, so still keeping posting short if I can - got to the stage, that even with a rubber grip on my pens, I can hardly hold them to write anything and using the keyboard is still painful.

Started off a bit gloomy this morning, but sun has just arrived.

Jean hope by now you have had treatment for the sore part on your leg, because that sounded nasty.

Dian, I am so happy that I got through all of the exercises yesterday, although this morning I have a few more aches and pains, but to be expected and will try again to get through all of the physio needed.  No win for you yesterday, but you enjoyed the company at the club and the good weather meant you could tackle some more work in the garden.

Barbara, still not back to your exercises yet, because of the back giving you trouble, but as you can see, I did manage to get through all of mine, which is a first in quite a while.

Sorry such a short post Ladies, but really painful to use fingers for too long and I hope you all have a good day.

By the way, I did get the phone call from the pharmicist at the surgery yesterday and finally, having listened to what I was going through and that the surgeon was writing to my GP,  we got the prescriptions sorted.  
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:50 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 24 4cnhg199Pauline well done with the exercises done so do hope they help .Sorry you are still having painful hands but you did well in posting

Jean do hope you got something for your sore on your leg

Barbara well done David on his wins at  the terrain .You still cannot do your exercises just yet but will try again tomorrow .After lunch David and you did the washing up.and then you watched some tv David watched the snooker while you got on with your usual work .David made you both a nice hot drink

Son in  London popped up to see me so going out to dinner with him tonight........have a good day ladies
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:55 pm
Good afternoon everyone!

We had lovely sunshine early this morning but once again it didn't last.  It's been cloudy all day and a bit chilly too, although it's not as windy as it's been on previous days.

David did the essential shopping early this morning.  I haven't done my exercises today as my back has still been hurting, though not as badly as it has been. I shall try again tomorrow. We then watched some TV for a while.  After lunch, we did the washing up together.  I then watched some more TV and he's now watching the snooker on the TV.  He made us a nice hot drink each.  I've done some reading.  I've also done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.  I've tackled the cryptic crossword in the daily newspaper but still have a lot more to do and I shall attempt to do so later this afternoon.

Today I've had a reply to my email to the lady in the Orthopaedic department regarding what happens now that all of my appointments and procedures have been completed.  She said that she knows that I'll be getting a telephone review from the Pain Management Clinic and she will remind them of this.

PAULINE: You managed to do all of your exercises yesterday which you are very happy about and aim to do them today. The worse problem  you have is still this horrible pain in the hands, so still keeping posting short if you can - got to the stage, that even with a rubber grip on your pens, you can hardly hold them to write anything and using the keyboard is still painful.

Started off a bit gloomy this morning, but sun has just arrived.

Sorry such a short post Ladies, but really painful to use fingers for too long and you hope we all have a good day.

By the way, you did get the phone call from the pharmacist at the surgery yesterday and finally, having listened to what you wee going through and that the surgeon was writing to your GP,  you got the prescriptions sorted.  That's good news, PAULINE.

DIAN: Son in London popped up to see you so going out to dinner with him tonight........have a good day ladies.

I hope that JEAN is all right and that RITA is having a good day.

Stay safe and well, everyone1

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:55 am
went to docs about legs. nurse said   bit betterit would heal...  Barbara those exercises sound as if they are not helping you  is there any other treatment available...
the sun is shining today and my back is playing up
off to Norwich tomorrow
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:16 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 24 47irdf11   Hello Ladies. Started with sunshine, but clouds have just arrived, so don't know what to expect today. Yesterday managed to get a bath and also did the full set of exercises,  so keeping up the good work and will aim for the exercises again today. Still keeping posting short, because of the painful hands and don't suppose I will get back quickly to normal mobility until I get this new mattress.  A friend of Susi's has said she knows a place where they actually weigh you laying down, measure, etc., and it is worked out what mattress would be suitable for you and she is asking her for the details, where that is.  I have just checked that out on the internet and it appears to be Benson for Beds, whichwe do have in our area.

Jean that is good to know that the nurse thinks the leg is healing well, but keep an eye to it while you are away in Norwich this weekend and enjoy the trip.

Dian, yes I know the hands are still bad, but at least I am getting through all of the exercises and aiming for that again today.  That is nice, the visit from your son in London and expect you enjoyed the meal out with him last evening. Wondering if you are out on your usual Friday shopping trip this morning.

Barbara,  still no exercises for you as the back is still bad, but you and David did some tasks together and watched t v and you got a reply from the orthopaepdic dept., to your email and you were told you would  be receiving a phone review from pain management about all of your results - doesn't seem that wonderful after all of the appointments you have attended and still in so much pain.  Yes that was good news that finally my prescription has been sorted for me.

Wishing you all a happy Friday and here the sun has appeared again and I do have the door open, as temperatures appear to be up a little.  
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:41 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We've had lovely sunshine here again today but I'm afraid that the cloudy skies have won again overall.  It's a tad chilly still although the winds have now died down quite a bit.

David did the essential shopping early this morning.  I've done my exercises today as my back feels a lot better now.  We then watched some TV for a while.  After lunch, we did the washing up together.  I then watched some more TV and David went to the terrain to take part in the club session.  I've done some reading.  I've also done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.  I've tackled the cryptic crossword in the daily newspaper but still have a lot more to do and I shall attempt to do so later this afternoon.

JEAN: Went to docs about legs.  Nurse said a bit better.  It would heal...    

Barbara those exercises sound as if they are not helping you.  Is there any other treatment available?  I don't think it's the exercises that are making my back bad, Jean.  It's just that I don't think I ought to do them while it's bad.  I think it's just life that's causing the problem.

The sun is shining today and your back is playing up.

Off to Norwich tomorrow.

PAULINE: Today started with sunshine, but clouds has just arrived when you posted, so don't know what to expect today.  Yesterday managed to get a bath and also did the full set of exercises,  so keeping up the good work and will aim for the exercises again today.  Still keeping posting short, because of the painful hands and you don't suppose you will get back quickly to normal mobility until you get this new mattress.  A friend of Susi's has said she knows a place where they actually weigh you laying down, measure, etc., and it is worked out what mattress would be suitable for you and she is asking her for the details, where that is.  You have just checked that out on the internet and it appears to be Benson for Beds, which you do have in your area.

You're wishing us all a happy Friday and here the sun has appeared again and you do have the door open, as temperatures appear to be up a little.

I hope that DIAN is all right and that RITA is having a good day.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:33 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 24 Bxsrrr30
Just in as have been out all day  from this morning so feeling it now. Enjoyed my day but too tired so will catch up tomorrow at  some time as out early again tomorrow

Hope all have had a good day  with no problems
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:19 am
Hello Everyone - Page 24 8obvgf11    Hello Ladies.

Dian, sounds as though you had a busy and enjoyable day yesterday and look forward to reading about it.

Jean enjoy the trip to Norwich.

Barbara, Not very settled weather your way yesterday and seems the same this morning here.   I see you got back to your exercises yesterday and David got to the terrain.

Susi might be here to do a bit of garden work today and she has managed to get the new post I needed.  Spoke to Rachel and I will see her on Monday after the club, so we finally get along to give Kylian his birthday presents from us.  Better late than never.  Still no results for her and on Tuesday they are off to Heathrow and then flying out Wednesday morning to Barbados and will return on Thursday of the following week.

Hope you all get a good start to the weekend.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:11 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 24 81323133 I really had a busy day yesterday .Daughter and son from London picked me up back of ten. Then we visited a nice garden center where we had a nice bite to eat .Really enjoyed that then we all had a wander round and needless to say I bought 2 plants .Then we went back to daughters house as son was meeting his brother .I enjoyed a nice cup of tea then we went and picked my friend up and off we went to the hairdresser .I got my perm and friend had her hair cut and set. Then we went home tea time by then so was glad to have a lazy night I was out early today with my friend to go to   a boy scouts morning in aid of their funds .So more teas and cakes .Now must decide where plants are going .Not sure what is happening tomorrow as son will be  flying to London

Pauline hope you are  having a good weekend and do hope your pain has eased some .Good family are still helping you .Good Stephen and Rachel are having a nice break.The weather has been quite good here at the moment but still a bit chilly till the sun pops out.

Jean hope your leg has just about healed

Barbara also hope you are having good weather with David and good to hear you are back doing your exercises

I am hoping the sun comes out again to get out in the garden
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:30 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We had early rain this morning but then the skies clouded over and that's how it's been all day.  It's quite chilly but there's also a nice gentle breeze.

David did the essential shopping early this morning. He went out again a bit later and bought some items that the Co-Op didn't have, along with bringing back a coffee and a cake each for us.  I've done my exercises again today as my back feels a lot better now.  We then watched some TV for a while.  After lunch, we did the washing up together.  I then watched some more TV and David went to the terrain to take part in the club session.  He's back home now and he won 2 games out of 3 again.  He's made us a nice hot drink each.  I've done some reading.  I've also done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.  I haven't yet tackled the cryptic crossword in the daily newspaper but I shall attempt to do so later this afternoon.

DIAN: Just in as was out all day yesterday from the morning so feeling it now.  Enjoyed your day but too tired so will catch up the next day at some time as out early again then.

Hope all have had a good day  with no problems.

You really had a busy day yesterday.  Daughter and son from London picked you up back of ten. Then you visited a nice garden center where you had a nice bite to eat.  Really enjoyed that and then you all had a wander round and needless to say you bought 2 plants.  Then you went back to daughters house as son was meeting his brother.  You enjoyed a nice cup of tea and then you went and picked your friend up and off you went to the hairdresser.  You got your perm and friend had her hair cut and set. Then you went home.  It was tea time by then so you were glad to have a lazy night.  You were out early today with your friend to go to a boy scouts morning in aid of their funds.  So more teas and cakes. Now must decide where plants are going.  Not sure what is happening tomorrow as son will be flying to London.

You are hoping the sun comes out again to get out in the garden.

PAULINE: Susi might be here to do a bit of garden work today and she has managed to get the new post you needed. Spoke to Rachel and you will see her on Monday after the club, so we finally get along to give Kylian his birthday presents from us.  Better late than never.  Still no results for her and on Tuesday they are off to Heathrow and then flying out Wednesday morning to Barbados and will return on Thursday of the following week.

Hope you all get a good start to the weekend.

I hope that JEAN is having a nice time in Norwich and that RITA is having a good day.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:01 am
trip to Norwich was ruined by a light on the tyre ionly had the car checked out for MOT the day before  but lovely to see everyone
rain and more rain today dog not been out yet
hope all are ok
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:02 am
Hello Everyone - Page 24 Azkvsr11  Plenty of that stuff around this morning - water that is, after heavy rain in early hours until about 9 this morning.  At least yesterday Susi managed to get the new post in and the new trellis up and also altered the width of the new bath seat that I purchased.  I knew today wasn't going to be that good with regard to aches and pains, because yesterday was on my feet quite a bit, getting tools out and handing them to Susi when she needed them and later on, putting all away that we had used and just leaving out what we might need on another day.  We did find the preservative wood paint that we might need for the new door cill (and that was at the back of the understairs cupboard) so that was an achievement,  I later remade my bed upstairs (although not using it that much, at least the room looks good).

This morniing doing things like taking meter readings and putting them through and working out finances for end of month, but trying to have an easy day as aching a bit after the movement yesterday and hands painful.

Jean, well at least you did get to Norwich despite the fault showing up on the car and enjoyed seeing everyone.  Hope the leg is still healing.

Dian, lovely day for you on Friday with family members and you all enjoyed the trip to the garden centre and something to eat there, plus of course, you couldn't resist buying 2 more plants.  Hope you have the weather to get them in.  After that, back to your daughter's house, where your son from London was meeting his brother   You enjoyed a cup of tea then you were taken to the hairdressers (after picking your friend up) and you got your perm and she had her hair cut and set.  After that you were glad of a lazy night in.  Yesterday you were off to the Scouts morning in aid of their funds and more tea and cakes.  Hope your son has a good flight back to London today.

Barbara, the rain here yesterday was mid morning, but stayed fairly dry the rest of the day so Susi could get on with the garden work.  You got through your exercises and David had to go out again for shopping of items the Little Co-op didn't have.  Later he went to the terrain and won 2 out of 3 games.  You also watched t v together.  Not a very good start here this morning with heavy rain, so I hope it is better your way.

Enjoy your Sunday Ladies and I will be mainly dealing with paperwork and taking it easy (finishing off another book) after an active day yesterday
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:53 am
Hello Everyone - Page 24 63708431

Pauline that was good Susi managed to get the new post in and the trellis up also adjusted your new bath seat Great your room now looking good too .Do hope your pain has calmed down
I am sure Stephen and Rachel will be having a lovely time in Barbados.

Jean good you enjoyed seeing everyone in Norwich..........sorry about the car

Barbara you and David had your usual busy day and great still getting your exercises done too.

Well it is a nice morning here Daughter took me for my covid jag and she also got one .Then she took me for my shopping so pleased got that done. Later will go out and get some tiding up in back garden again.
hope all having a nice day
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:57 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We had heavy rain very early this morning and for most of the day.  I think it's stopped now.  It's been a tad chilly but with very little wind.

David couldn't do the shopping today, on account of the heavy rain, and so he also couldn't buy a newspaper with the general knowledge crossword in it.  I've done my exercises again today as my back is OK now.  We then watched some TV for a while.  After lunch, we did the washing up together.  David was meant to be playing in an all day competition today but I doubt it took place, as the terrain will have become saturated. We then watched snooker on the TV.  He's made us a nice hot drink each.  I've done some reading.  I've also done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.

JEAN: Trip to Norwich was ruined by a light on the tyre.  You only had the car checked out for MOT the day before  but lovely to see everyone.

Rain and more rain today.  Dog not been out yet.

Hope all are ok.

PAULINE: Plenty of that stuff around this morning - water that is, after heavy rain in early hours until about 9 this morning. At least yesterday Susi managed to get the new post in and the new trellis up and also altered the width of the new bath seat that you purchased.  You knew today wasn't going to be that good with regard to aches and pains, because yesterday you were on feet quite a bit, getting tools out and handing them to Susi when she needed them and later on, putting all away that we had used and just leaving out what we might need on another day.  We did find the preservative wood paint that we might need for the new door cill (and that was at the back of the understairs cupboard) so that was an achievement,  you later remade your bed upstairs (although not using it that much, at least the room looks good).

This morniing doing things like taking meter readings and putting them through and working out finances for end of month, but trying to have an easy day as aching a bit after the movement yesterday and hands painful.

Not a very good start here this morning with heavy rain, so I hope it is better Barbara's way.

Enjoy your Sunday Ladies and you will be mainly dealing with paperwork and taking it easy (finishing off another book) after an active day yesterday.

DIAN: Well it was a nice morning there.  Daughter took you for your covid jag and she also got one.  Then she took you for your shopping so pleased got that done.  Later will go out and get some tiding up in back garden again.

Hope all having a nice day.

I hope that RITA is having a good day.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:13 am
Hello Everyone - Page 24 Z14    Good Morning Ladies.  Usually we use the word monsoon on here in a joking manner, but mid afternoon yesterday it just fell so heavily in long straight lines and roads became rivers very quickly before it stopped after about 10 minutes. Again early hours it was back again, but sun is out at the moment with blue skies and don't know what to expect today.

I did take it easy yesterday and caught up with paperwork and finances and watched a DVD and some recorded t v and last night I slept in the bed all night.  Cannot say it was that restful, with several bathroom calls, but achieved it and no worse off with the aches and pains this morning.  Feel a bit weary today, so think I will give the club a miss, just go and do the shopping and collect the prescription, then home and put shopping away, rest for a while and later go with Rachel to see Kylian and the rest of the family, with Kylian's birthay presents.  

Don't like missing the club, but don't feel up to it today and yesterday Margaret phoned me and said she had a fall on the back stairs in the building where she lives.  She should have taken the lift, but gets a bit claustrophobic in them.  Anyway, she isn't too bad and Lesley will run the club today and expect she will orgnaise more active games that I won't be able to join in with.  I think next Monday is a bank holiday, so again no club, but I will try and get on with some more things here - might be able to attempt a few jobs in the garden (but not the strenuous ones) perhaps trim the edges and things like that.

Dian, well sleeping in the bed last night was an achievement and this morning no worse off with any extra aches and pains.  Yesterday was a nice morning and your daughter took you for your covid jab and got hers too and then you got your shopping done and you were hoping to do some more garden work in the good weather.  Looks like more political trouble your way, according to the latest news!!

Barbara, sounds as if that rain you had was the same type we got in the afternoon here and it stopped David from getting the shopping and saturated the terrain, so no games there yesterday.

Jean, hope the week starts off well for you and your leg is healing.

Keeping the posts as short as I can, to be kind on the hands and wishing you all a good start to your week.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:46 pm
I did a post earlier on but has now gone....gremlins again

Pauline think it wise to have given the club a miss today .It is a wild day here .Fed up with all the rain .Good you got to sleep in your bed all night .Hope you manage okay out today .sorry to hear Sorry to hear Margaret had a bad fall .Hope she recovers soon .Hope you manage out ok and do hope not too windy as it is a gale blowing here at the moment .Kylian will be pleased to see you

Jean do hope you are having a good day with no problems

Barbara wishing you and David a nice day .Hope you manage to do your back exercises

Nothing new here today except a wild wild day with rain and strong winds
Do hope this post goes through
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:48 pm
PS I did have a giff on but it has gone with the wind..........so it seems.....grrrr
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:58 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We've had lovely sunshine here all day, with hardly a cloud in the sky, and no rain, but the wind did get very strong for a while.

David did the essential shopping early this morning.  I've done my exercises again today as my back is OK now.  We then watched some TV for a while.  After lunch, we did the washing up together.  I watched some more TV and David went to the terrain to practise his shooting.  He's back now and is watching a Western on the TV.  He's made us a nice hot drink each.  I've done some reading.  I've also done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.  I haven't yet tackled the cryptic crossword in the daily newspaper but I shall do so when I've finished on here.

PAULINE: Usually YOU use the word monsoon on here in a joking manner, but mid afternoon yesterday it just fell so heavily in long straight lines and roads became rivers very quickly before it stopped after about 10 minutes. Again early hours it was back again, but sun is out at the moment with blue skies and don't know what to expect today.

You did take it easy yesterday and caught up with paperwork and finances and watched a DVD and some recorded t v and last night you slept in the bed all night.  Cannot say it was that restful, with several bathroom calls, but achieved it and no worse off with the aches and pains this morning.  Feel a bit weary today, so think you will give the club a miss, just go and do the shopping and collect the prescription, then home and put shopping away, rest for a while and later go with Rachel to see Kylian and the rest of the family, with Kylian's birthay presents.  

Don't like missing the club, but don't feel up to it today and yesterday Margaret phoned me and said she had a fall on the back stairs in the building where she lives.  She should have taken the lift, but gets a bit claustrophobic in them.  Anyway, she isn't too bad and Lesley will run the club today and expect she will orgnaise more active games that you won't be able to join in with.  You think next Monday is a bank holiday, so again no club, but you will try and get on with some more things here - might be able to attempt a few jobs in the garden (but not the strenuous ones) perhaps trim the edges and things like that.

Keeping the posts as short as you can, to be kind on the hands and wishing us all a good start to our week.

DIAN: You did a post earlier on but has now gone....gremlins again.

Nothing new here today except a wild wild day with rain and strong winds.

You did have a giff on but it has gone with the wind..........so it seems.....grrrr.

I hope that JEAN is all right and that RITA is having a good day.

Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:43 am
let seems to be healing now the weather is bright and sunny so have to get the dog out soon
yesterday my shoes fell to pieces at the club, felt a right wally
Pauline hope you are ok I am having jab onFriday tow people said they felt ill
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:38 am
Hello Everyone - Page 24 1o3wsa62
Pauline do hope you had a good night   without any problems .Kylian would be pleased to see you all Always nice to receive gifts .Do hope you have a good day with not too much pain.

Jean sorry about your shoe know how you would feel .Hope your leg is healing well  .Did you manage out with Peanut .Hope you did    

Barbara that is very good you are now back doing all your exercises again .........After lunch David and you did the washing up together then David went to the terrain to practice .When he came home he made you both a nice hot drink then David watched a western while you got on with your usual work

No rain at the moment but it is forecast .That  is all we seemed to be getting .Hope the sun is not far away..........have a good day all .
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum