Nifty Fifties Plus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Pauline
Pauline
Admin
https://nifty-fifties.forumotion.com

Hello Everyone - Page 25 Empty Re: Hello Everyone

Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:48 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 25 More_g11  Apologies Ladies. Mouse is playing up this morning and also hands and cannot get colour or size in your post Jean amd finding it difficult to even get my own post on here.  Hope you all have a good day and will have to leave it until tomorrow and hope everything is working properly in the morning.
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:51 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We're having another day of beautiful sunshine, blue sky and white fluffy clouds.  It's still a tad chilly but it does look lovely with everything bathed in sunshine.  There's been no rain at all and just a gentle breeze.

David did the essential shopping early this morning.  I've done the full range of my exercises again today.  We then watched some TV for a while.  After lunch, we did the washing up together and then we watched some more TV.  David is watching snooker on the TV and he's made us a nice hot drink each.  I've done some reading.  I've also done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.  I've tackled the cryptic crossword in the daily newspaper and have a lot more to do on it but I shall do so when I've finished on here.

Yesterday I phoned Moorfields in Croydon as I'd almost run out of one of the 3 sets of eye drops I have to take each day. I'd submitted a prescription request in the usual way but was told by a local pharmacist that he'd been trying to get a supply of these particular drops for the last 4 weeks but had been unsuccessful.  After a lot of phoning back and forth, I had a phone call this afternoon from a pharmacist at Moorfields in Croydon and he's arranging for a supply of the drops to be couriered over to me tomorrow morning.  What a relief!

JEAN: Your leg seems to be healing now the weather is bright and sunny so have to get the dog out soon.

Yesterday your shoes fell to pieces at the club, felt a right wally.

You are having jab on Friday.  Two people said they felt ill.

DIAN: No rain at the moment but it is forecast.  That  is all you seemed to be getting.  Hope the sun is not far away..........have a good day all.

PAULINE: Apologies Ladies. Mouse is playing up this morning and also hands and cannot get colour or size in your post Jean amd finding it difficult to even get your own post on here.  Hope you all have a good day and will have to leave it until tomorrow and hope everything is working properly in the morning.

I hope you have more success with everything tomorrow, PAULINE.

I hope that RITA is having a good day.

Stay safe and well, everyone!

Lots of love from me to all!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:56 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 25 6rswg811    On and off all day I have been trying to sort out this computer problem and earlier this evening I found that Mozilla Firefox, which is the browser I use mainly, had been deactivated (probably one of the Windows updates drawing attention to its own browsers)- growllll....  Anyway now reactivated this browser with new password, so hopefully I should find it easier to get on here, post and catch up tomorrow.

Wishing you Ladies a restful and peaceful evening and night.
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Wed May 01, 2024 2:02 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 25 Oie_fr31  Hello All.

Dian looking back to Monday I see you lost a post, so just wasn't me having trouble and it was a wild and wet day for you.  Yes, shame about Margaret and that fall, because she too has trouble with her knees and does a lot to keep the club running, but with bank holiday next week, it gives her a couple of weeks off.  Yes we enjoyed seeing Kylian and Hunter and spent a pleasant hour with them. One of the presents was a Sea Life ticket to visit the one in Birmingham, at a date of their choosing, plus his Superman bedding. On Tuesday more rain forecast for you.  Hope your club visit has gone well today.

Jean, new shoes to buy and I know there are only a few places you like to buy them because of the size and fit.  Hope you will be okay after your jab on Friday.  Unusually I did get affected when I had mine, but soon over it. Sorry I cannot alter fonts or colour for you at the moment - my hands won't work well doing that at the monent.

Barbara, but better weather your way yesterday with lovely sunshine.  Hope the prescription from Moorfields has arrived for you and good job you phoned them directly.

Still keeping posts shorter than usual because it is the lack of feeling in the fingers that keeps my posting really bad and hope you all enjoy the rest of the day  
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Wed May 01, 2024 3:06 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 25 Fgqfpy22
Pauline sorry your having trouble with your hands so do hope they settle down some .Good you managed to get your computer sorted .Know the feeling. Good Kylian enjoyed his birthday and his nice gifts Do hope your pain has eased some. Well done in getting your computer sorted

Jean do hope you are having a nice day

Barbara that was very good you now will be getting your eye drops
David did the essential shopping while you got on with your usual exercises .You both watched some TV After lunch you both did the washing up and watched some TV You also got on with your work.........lucky you in having such nice weather

Not long in from Wed club. I had a small win .it was 2 peoples birthday so we all enjoyed a nice bit of the cake which was very nice with our tea
Pleased it has turned out a nice sunny day.Just going to hang it out and hope it stays dry and just might get some more garden work done
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Wed May 01, 2024 3:43 pm
I hsd to take car to garage for a tyre senser today and it cost £140 this after paying out £250 on Friday for MOT do not know how much longer I will keep it
so sorry your have been ill Pauline and hjope the jab only gives me a sore arm
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Wed May 01, 2024 3:53 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We've had lovely sunshine again for most of today.  The sun had gone behind the clouds earlier this afternoon but it's back now, and lovely it is too, to see.

David did the essential shopping early this morning.  I've done the full range of my exercises again today.  We then watched some TV for a while.  After lunch, we did the washing up together and then we watched some more TV.  David is watching snooker on the TV and he's made us a nice hot drink each.  I've done some reading.  I've also done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.  I've tackled the cryptic crossword in the daily newspaper and have a lot more to do on it but I shall do so when I've finished on here.

My eye drops were delivered here this morning but with only one bottle.  My prescription entitles me to 4 bottles and so I'm going to have to try the local pharmacist again to find out if he's been able to source some more of them.

PAULINE: On and off all day yesterday you had been trying to sort out this computer problem and earlier last evening you found that Mozilla Firefox, which is the browser you use mainly, had been deactivated (probably one of the Windows updates drawing attention to its own browsers)- growllll....  Anyway now reactivated this browser with new password, so hopefully you should find it easier to get on here, post and catch up tomorrow.

Wishing you Ladies a restful and peaceful evening and night.

You enjoyed seeing Kylian and Hunter and spent a pleasant hour with them.  One of the presents was a Sea Life ticket to visit the one in Birmingham, at a date of their choosing, plus his Superman bedding.

Still keeping posts shorter than usual because it is the lack of feeling in the fingers that keeps your posting really bad and you hope we all enjoy the rest of the day.   I'm sorry to hear that you're still suffering, PAULINE, and I hope you soon feel a lot better.

DIAN: Not long in from Wed club.  You had a small win.  It was 2 peoples birthday so you all enjoyed a nice bit of the cake which was very nice with your tea.

Pleased it has turned out a nice sunny day.  Just going to hang it out and hope it stays dry and just might get some more garden work done.

JEAN: You had to take car to garage for a tyre senser today and it cost £140, this after paying out £250 on Friday for MOT. You do not know how much longer you will keep it.

So sorry your have been ill Pauline and hope the jab only gives you a sore arm.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Thu May 02, 2024 8:18 am
Hello Everyone - Page 25 Hksx2216
Hi Ladies.  Going to be quick again this morning while fingers behave and extra boxes not popping up all over screen, which I have to keep closing.

Dian small win for you at the club and also birthday celebrations while you were there, with cake. See you were off to hang out washing as the weather was good and you hoped to get some more garden work tackled.

Jean, the car is certainly getting costly for you, but glad to read that your leg is healing and hope the jab goes well on Friday.

Barbara, what a nuisance, only one bottle of the eye drops received, where you need 4, so back to the pharmacy for you to see if they have managed to receive any.

Off to get a light breakfast Ladies and wishing you a peaceful day.

Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Thu May 02, 2024 3:42 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 25 7fw3im68
Pauline good you got your post done with no problems.......hope your day goes along nice and smoothly

Jean that was really hefty bills for your car........hope that is the last for awhile

Barbara good you did get a bottle of your eye drops so do hope you manage to get the rest .You and David had your usual day .Nice to be having the nice weather

When I got home from the WED club I got a small washing out and dried also got my back garden grass cut .I must say the 2 apple trees are in full bloom with the apple blossom .One tree covered in pink which is the cooking apple and the eating apple is covered in white both looking so pretty but will not last too long .
Grand daughter took me out for tea then took me shopping as her mother is at the caravan so did enjoy her chat.Now off to sit in the sun while it is out .
Have a nice day all
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Thu May 02, 2024 4:35 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We've had a lot of sunshine here today, interspersed with cloudy skies.  We haven't had any rain apart from some during the night but we didn't get any thunderstorms, thank goodness!  Andrew had those during last night and they kept waking him up!  It's still a tad chilly but the wind isn't as strong as it has been recently.

David did the essential shopping early this morning.  I've done all my exercises again today.  We watched some TV for a while.  After lunch, we did the washing up together and then we watched some more TV.  David went to the terrain to practise his shooting.  David is now watching a Western on the TV and he's made us a nice hot drink each.  I've done some reading.  I've also done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.  I've tackled the cryptic crossword in the daily newspaper and have a lot more to do on it but I shall do so when I've finished on here.

David went to our local pharmacy this morning to collect a different set of eye drops for me.  While there, he asked about the eye drops that the pharmacy had been trying to get for the last 4 weeks, and which I'd been able to get one bottle of from Moorfields.  He mentioned it to the local pharmacist, who said that he hadn't had any problem with getting any of their medication.  This was the complete opposite of what he'd said to me, and so I rang him to find out if he did now have some more of the eye drops which he'd previously told me he was unable to get.  He reiterated what he'd said previously, that he was still trying to get some of said eye drops.  He was speaking so fast that I couldn't understand all of what he was saying and so I gave up.  He did say that there are alternative drops (to combat dry eyes) and said I should contact my GP surgery to see if they would prescribe them for me.  Alternatively he said I should contact Moorfields again to see if they'd give me any more of the original bottles.  This I did but the answer came back from their pharmacist that I couldn't have any more of those bottles, at least not for the time being.  I'm guessing they may be short of them too.  I'd had enough by that time but I shall try and ring my GP surgery tomorrow to see if they can help by prescribing an alternative medication.

Phew!  That was some saga and I hope you can all follow what I've said!

PAULINE: You're going to be quick again this morning while fingers behave and extra boxes not popping up all over screen, which you have to keep closing.

Yes it is a nuisance, only one bottle of the eye drops received, where I need 4, so back to the pharmacy and/or GP surgery for me to see if they have managed to receive any.

After posting, you went off to get a light breakfast and wishing us all a peaceful day.

DIAN: Yes, it's good that I did get a bottle of my eye drops and you do hope I manage to get the rest.

When you got home from the WED club you got a small washing out and dried also got your back garden grass cut.  You must say the 2 apple trees are in full bloom with the apple blossom.  One tree covered in pink which is the cooking apple and the eating apple is covered in white, both looking so pretty but will not last too long.  Just like my bluebells, DIAN!

Grand daughter took you out for tea then took you shopping as her mother is at the caravan so did enjoy her chat.  After posting, you went off to sit in the sun while it is out.  Have a nice day all.

I hope that JEAN is all right and that RITA is having a good day.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Fri May 03, 2024 8:41 am
the weather is horrible again been out with dog and it feels like rain now.l off for the dreaded jab later
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Fri May 03, 2024 1:45 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 25 Bxsrrr31

Pauline hope you are having a good day and not in too much pain .Wise to be taking things slowly .Great that your family have been such a good help

Jean sorry  your weather so miserable .Hope no bother with the jab .I got mine last Sunday and not much bother with it

Barbara hope you and David are having a nice day with no problems

Not much new here today Weather dry but hoping the sun just might pop out
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Fri May 03, 2024 2:08 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 25 Vjjcsg11
 Hi Ladles.  What a horrible day with the rain for most of us.  Appologies for not replying, but have read your posts, but suffering so badly with hand pain today.  Wishing you a restful afternoon and evening
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Fri May 03, 2024 3:49 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

Before I forget, Andrew will be coming here tomorrow and staying until very early morning next Tuesday.  We're so looking forward to seeing him again!

We had some rain overnight and into this morning.  By lunchtime, the rain had stopped and luckily for us, there were no thunderstorms.  The wind has been quite strong today, though.

David did the essential shopping early this morning.  I've done all my exercises.  We watched some TV for a while.  After lunch, we did the washing up together and then we watched some more TV.  David went to the terrain to take part in the club session.  He's now watching snooker on the TV and he's made us a nice hot drink each.  I've done some reading.  I've also done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.  I've tackled the cryptic crossword in the daily newspaper and have a lot more to do on it but I shall do so when I've finished on here.

JEAN: The weather is horrible again.  Been out with dog and it feels like rain now.  You are off for the dreaded jab later.

DIAN: Not much new here today.  Weather dry but hoping the sun just might pop out.

PAULINE: What a horrible day with the rain for most of us.  Appologies for not replying, but have read your posts, but suffering so badly with hand pain today.  Wishing you a restful afternoon and evening.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Sat May 04, 2024 10:20 am
Pauline hope your hands are better now. yesterday had covid jab and now have sore arm
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Sat May 04, 2024 11:07 am
Hello Everyone - Page 25 B8ebnt31
Pauline hope your having a better day and hands not so painful do hope they improve soon for you .I am sure your family will be popping in to check on you.

Jean do hope your arm will improve soon. Mine is still a bit painful but improving .Do hope you will have a good day with Peanut

Barbara you and David will be so happy that Andrew is visiting this weekend .Do hope the weather stays dry for you all. Also hope your back does not flare up .Enjoy your weekend

Well nothing new here at the moment. We got more rain here yesterday and not looking too great  today either .Have a good weekend all
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Sat May 04, 2024 12:14 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 25 37-day10   At last some sunshine and I have been really fed up with the amount of rain over the last week and this morning I have managed to get colour and fonts in that post of yours Jean (and there is a reason for that and will explain that later) and see you got the covid jab and now got a sore arm, but expect that wlll soon wear off for you.

The reaaon for having hands I can use this morninig, is that yesterday after such a bad day and not being able to do much at all because of the aches and pains, I got to 7.30 in the evening and was dreading the night to come, no longer having the confidence (because of the pain) to get a bath or even try the shower and still having to have wash downs, so did that and shampooed  my hair and rinsed it off with jugs of water and just towel dried it - no perm left in it and I cannot feel to get rollers in to set it, which doesn't last without a perm.  After going through all of that I just knew that drastic action was needed.

Instead of taking two Zappain, I took three and was careful to sit for a while until the unsteady feelings wore off and found that the relief from those 3 together, lasted until at least 9.30 this morning, from 8 the previous evening. Have taken another 3, waited for a while and now able to get on with things nearly pain free.  Normally would be taking 2 three times a day, but with this process, that is working, over the course of 24 hour am taking just under the 6 a day and doing it my way it is working.  I cannot describe to you the awful burning pins and needles in the fingers, yet strangely the lack of feeling also.  Anyway with this post am making the most of using my hands this morning.

Dian, I have had a talk with Susi and on Tuesday she will be here and she is going to use the home perm on me.  She has never done this before, but I said to her that the directions are so clear and with Aimie's advice (who does a lot of home colouring, etc., on her own hair and her Mum's) she will be okay and so willl  I be so relieved at getting that done.  I have used those perms on my hair for years and also did my Mum's and always been happy with  them and even if I have to leave a couple of sets into a towel dry jobs, I will at least be able to get it up in my flexi combs again. I know when you had your perm the other day it leaves you feeling so much better.  See you have blossom on both of your apple trees and your granddaughter took you shopping this week as your daughter is at the caravan. Weather not looking promising your way today and you still have a sore arm from the covid jab..

Barbara, certainly such a saga with regard to the eyedrops and different information from the pharmacy and Moorfields and I do hope you get help from your GP.  After shopping and going to the pharmacy, David got to the terrain and you have got your full exercises done and I am off to do mine next while thankfully free of pain.  Enjoy the time with Andrew over this Bank Holiday weekend.

Jean, I expect by now you have enjoyed the walk with Peanut in the lovely sunshine we have here.

Enjoy  your Saturday Ladies.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Sun May 05, 2024 12:45 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 25 7fw3im69
Pauline you will be so glad to have your perm done.........know the feeling well when it really needs doing .I am sure it will be fine when you get it permed so you can relax again.
Great that you have your pain under control again .Yes having rain non stop is depressing

Jean do hope you are having a good day with Peanut. Pleased to say my arm is fine now

Barbara I am sure you and David will be enjoying your time with Andrew so do hope you are having good weather too

Weather still not great here at the moment so hoping it might improve some Sun popping in and out between showers
Have a nice day all
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Sun May 05, 2024 3:59 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 25 16135211 Hi Ladies.  My posts must seem like a medical diary, but keeping to this new regime with the tablets and it seems to be working and the tablets taken at just after 10 last evening, were still working when I woke up again at 9 this morning.  At 4 this morning, after sleeping from midnight, I did wake up and did an hour's reading and a bit of paperwork and then back to sleep until just after 9 this morning and did some physio and stripped the bed again (as still free from pain).   Got up and washed, had breakfast and got the laundry in washing machine and didn't take any further tablets until 11.30 this morning.  

At midday Susi arrived and cleared all of the bagged rubbish into her car. I managed to help clear another load of rubbish, which was mainly the old rotting bamboo edging and Susi cut up some of the larger branches of ivy and cleared that all off of the bench where that had been left - that went into another couple of sacks and she took that off down to the recycling centre (or civic tip as we call it).  She will be back on Tuesday to continue with the cutting back in the garden and Aimie will be here to do the perm.

I have just vacuumed the already dusted lounge and after this will get back upstairs to remake the bed and search out the old towels needed when using the perming lotion on Monday.  If I am still going okay after that and free from pain, then more physio and then back downstairs to vacuum through the dining room and kitchen.

Dian, I am gradually getting sorted and as you have said, once the perm has been done then everything will feel a whole lot better.  Shame the  weather still isn't that good your way, but we have been lucky today with plenty of sunshine - hope it improves for you, so you can get back to your gardening.

Jean hope the arm is better now after the jab.

Barbara, expect you are making the most of the weekend as Andrew is with you.

Enjoy the rest of the afternoon Ladies and have a good evening.
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Mon May 06, 2024 11:00 am
glad you are better PAULINE and hope you are too Barbara  I am so tired after that jab the pain in the arm was not good
may not be able to play bowls today as feel so weak and worn out  ahould have B12 wed so should be better then I hope
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Mon May 06, 2024 1:35 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 25 D3f2uy49
Pauline good you now have your pain under control .You did well in changing the bedding .That was great Susi got more rubbish away for you .You will be looking forward to having your perm tomorrow .Really good you now know how to be taking your pain tablets which are a big help.

Jean hope you do manage to have a game of bowls .Still good to go even if you don,t  play

Barbara I am sure you and David had a really nice weekend with David and will miss him when he goes home

Well not sure what the weather will do today We have had rain but has stopped and quite a wind blowing as can see all the apple blossom falling off the trees
Wishing you all a nice day
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Mon May 06, 2024 7:30 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 25 6moe9d11  Hi Ladies.  

Probably did too much yesterday and when it came to taking tablets at gone midnight last night, well that didn't work out too good.  I think I fell asleep too quickly and was laying  awkwardly, so woke up a bit later with awful cramp and was awake for quite a while before that wore off and I got to sleep agaln.

Awake before 7 this morning and still didn't feel too good, so got a light breakfast and went back to bed to catch up on some recorded t v.  Haven't taken any further tablets until 2 and that was only 2 of them.  Rested for a while and have now sorted out all of the perming items and old towels for tomorrow. Yesterday my bed got remade and lounge finished, dusted and cleaned dining room and kitchen, plus did a lot of laundry, so probably did a bit too much, so being careful today. I still need to vacuum around the already dusted and cleaned dining room and kitchen and my bedroom and bathroom still need doing but need to make sure I don't overdo things.

Jean, I do hope the painful arm wore off and you were able to go to your bowls, which you enjoy  Not long to wait for your B12 injection and sounds as if you need it.

Expect the weekend is still going well for Barbara and David, with Andrew staying with them.

Dian, well the timing of my tablets didn't work out too well over night, but hopefully back on track with them now and so looking forward to the perm tomorrow.  Always the same, no sooner that the blossom is on the trees, then the wind has it away again and weather not improving your way.

Enjoy your evening Ladies and wishing you a peaceful nght.  
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Tue May 07, 2024 9:23 am
still worn out hopefully will go played bowls and went for dinner at granddaughter  then found a friend has died. so sad today
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Tue May 07, 2024 12:17 pm
[b]Hello Everyone - Page 25 1i6fjy98
Pauline yes you  probably did too much so hope maybe slow down some .Great you are getting your perm tomorrow so that will cheer you up .How is Rachel doing.........hope she is fine
Yes my back green is covered in blossom .

Jean it is always so sad when we loose a friend .Nice having your dinner with your granddaughter

Barbara I am sure you and David would have had a really nice time with Andrew over the weekend

Well it is dry so far so have hung out a small washing and hope the rain stays away...........have a nice day ladies[/b
]
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Tue May 07, 2024 4:34 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

David and I had a lovely weekend with Andrew, who went home today after the rush hour was over.

I wish everyone well.  I just typed a long message but must've done something wrong as the message has disappeared!  I shall endeavour to do better tomorrow!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum