Nifty Fifties Plus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Pauline
Pauline
Admin
https://nifty-fifties.forumotion.com

Hello Everyone Empty Hello Everyone

Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:17 pm
Hello Everyone Mxcpkf10
Hi Ladies.

I started off fairly early this morning and first got the 1 bus to Blackthorn to get my prescription from the pharmacy and saw an old friend of Gennie's (Helen) and we had a catch up, then got the prescription.  

When I came out of the pharmacy I had a chat with Stella and Clive from the Brookside Residents and both of them helping out at Blackthorn Growing Together Team to do gardening in that area, because there never was any thanks from Ifty for the work they did around the Brookside Hall and the enclosd garden at the back, and with the trouble he is causing and refusal to let us use the hall ,  he can do his own gardening and before long it will look sadly neglected. We have new buses in the area for the 1 service and they have audio telling you what stop we are arriving at next and when approaching my area it announces "next stop Brookside Community Centre" and I have thought "what community centre", because with his terrible attitude, it just doesn't exist any longer.

After a chat with them I got the 1 bus again (and it was at the stop waiting) and off to Aldi and got what I needed there and then back on the 1 bus to the shopping centre to get shopping in Tesco and other stores.  This time the B12 tabs were in at Savers and now having trouble getting talcum powder.  I used to be able to get the Imperial Leather talc or Tesco's own, but now had to get Johsons, but at least that was at clubcard price, so got two as it was at the lower price.

There was a new shop opened up where Barclays Bank used to be and that was a Christmas shop and got 6 sheets of really good quality wrapping paper, with lovely designs, for £1 for the 6 and that will do very well for decoupaging some items.  I also got the relative Christmas cards that I need.

Home after that and I had to take a couple of pain killers before I could even put the shopping away.  That new pharmacy I use is brilliant.  When I was first prescribed the Zapain, the doctor put down that if they weren't avalable then I should be supplied with the equivalent Co-codamol.,  Now Boots have never done that if the Zapain isn't available and always made customers wait for the Zapain to come in (we all know why, because the Zapain is slightly lower in price).  Well today I was supplied with the Co-codamol ones because they didn't have the Zapain in - what a difference in service from Boots terrible service these days.

I managed to do all of the shopping and travelling with just drizzle here and there, but when I got home about an hour later, it poured and the wind got up a bit, but I see it has been terrible for people in other places like the Channel Islands, and south coast, but apparently it is working its way north, so might not miss all of it.  Feel so sorry for those people that have suffered so badly from storm damage and flooding recently.

Dian, thank you for the emails and that video of the jiving and good clips from great films, I really enjoyed - those were the days when I could jive  Rolling Eyes.  That house we had when we first moved here, was really nice and I did suggest buying it, but hubby said you only want to buy it because we have that good neighbour Gennie, but she could move away.  Well Gennie still lived on there all of those years until she died, but glad we didn't buy it, because the upkeep of a 3 storey would have been costly (particularly when it comes to roofs).  I am enjoying working on the jewellery, but with all of this bad weather, goodness knows when I will be able to do anything more in the garden and the grass keeps growing Rolling Eyes. Wild wet day for you yesterday and see that Duke certainly didn't stay out for too long.  No win at the club with the bingo, but expect you enjoyed the company. No better weather for you today and you won't be lifting any leaves as you have washed and set you hair ready for your trip out tomorrow with your daughter and know how you enjoy that.  Perm next week for you, but I will try and hold on a little bit longer before I perm mine, so I do it about 4 weeks before Christmas, but I am having to set it more often.

Barbara, bad weather your way and still no news as to when you will get the covid jab at home.  Glad you liked the photo of our first house here in Northampton. See you have had more rain today and high winds, so here I have been lucky. Hope David managed to get the shopping done without getting soaked and you stayed indoors and got on with your usual exercises and kept yourself occupied with your puzzles, computer and t v.  

Jean, we have been lucky missing the high winds and hope they stay away, but we have put up with the rain, although certainly not near as bad as some people have had to put up with and the flooding.  You mentioning hearing that fighter jet, I have been wondering about some of the air flights I have been hearing in the early hours - obviously military, because civilain air services are restricted after a certain time at night until earler in the morning and just recently I have been awake or waking up more in the early hours and on at least three occasions I have heard low flying heavy aircraft noise, so it does make you wonder what is going on.  See you are trying to get your NHS records, so hope you manage that.

Yesterday I did get an email from Rita, just saying hello and that she is still keeping on with the one finger exercise, which is tiring, although wrist has now healed.

Well this has been a long post, so I am off to get ready for bed and have a restful evening and hope you all have a peaceful night.
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Hello Everyone Empty Re: Hello Everyone

Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:10 am
the sun shone and I have had a short walk with Peanut the leaves are falling so had to be extra careful the council never sweep them up and they are their leaves
the trees have never been cut in the 20 years I have lived here. now twice the size and cutting out light in the summer
glad Rita is ok
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:54 am
Hello Everyone 4zdim210
 Hello All.  Just a quick look in this morning after that long catch up last evening.

Jean, absolutely right about the trees - Northants council have never maintained the trees correctly and yesterday there were far more leaves falling and completely covering the pavements and walkways in the usual slippery coating, which means we have to be so careful when walking and where we place our feet. See you have been out with Peanut already.  Yes good to know that Rita is okay and when I get this x-ray done (and find out what comes next), perhaps we might be able to arrange a get-together, but does depend on how we are all feeling or if we are able to get around with limited mobility. I am going to reply to her today.

Barbara and Dian, hope your day goes well too.

I am off to try out the leaf blower and see how well it works and wishing you all a pleasant day with sushine, which we do have here at the moment.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Fri Nov 03, 2023 2:23 pm
Hello Everyone Ndgfk523

Well it has turned out a lovely mild day and the sun popping out so do hope it keeps up over the weekend

Pauline that is good the new pharmacy that you have are so reliable and helpful .Yes it is sad so many stores have closed down. Guess you will be out soon with your leaf blower so have fun with it.........sounds really helpful for you .Good to hear Rita is doing ok and her hand is healing .That was a really good buy with the Xmas wrapping paper

Jean hope your having a good day .It is the same here nobody now lifts leaves any more and they are so treacherous under foot

Barbara  David did his essential shopping while you got  on with your usual exercises and computer work ,crosswords ect .Good to hear you are having nice weather

Not long in but enjoyed the outing also got a nice potted up little rose so will need to find a place for it .We were out early this morning so we did get home a little bit early.The sun is out and the sky is blue .Hope it keeps up over the weekend .
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:06 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We've had such a lovely day here with gorgeous sunny weather.  It's made a welcome change from all the rain and heavy winds we've been having.  The only thing is that it's rather chilly.

David did the essential shopping early this morning.  There was extra shopping to do as the weather has been so awful over the last 2 days.  I've done the gentle exercises for my neck and have been walking around the downstairs of our house.  I've tackled the cryptic crossword but have still more clues to solve and so will attempt to do so later this afternoon.  I've watched some TV and have done some reading.  I've also done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.

PAULINE: You started off fairly early yesterday morning and first got the 1 bus to Blackthorn to get your prescription from the pharmacy and saw an old friend of Gennie's (Helen) and you had a catch up, then got the prescription.  

When you came out of the pharmacy you had a chat with Stella and Clive from the Brookside Residents and both of them helping out at Blackthorn Growing Together Team to do gardening in that area, because there never was any thanks from Ifty for the work they did around the Brookside Hall and the enclosed garden at the back, and with the trouble he is causing and refusal to let you use the hall , he can do his own gardening and before long it will look sadly neglected. You have new buses in the area for the 1 service and they have audio telling you what stop you are arriving at next and when approaching your area it announces "next stop Brookside Community Centre" and you have thought "what community centre", because with his terrible attitude, it just doesn't exist any longer.

After a chat with them you got the 1 bus again (and it was at the stop waiting) and off to Aldi and got what you needed there and then back on the 1 bus to the shopping centre to get shopping in Tesco and other stores.  This time the B12 tabs were in at Savers and now having trouble getting talcum powder.  You used to be able to get the Imperial Leather talc or Tesco's own, but now had to get Johnsons, but at least that was at clubcard price, so got two as it was at the lower price.

There was a new shop opened up where Barclays Bank used to be and that was a Christmas shop and got 6 sheets of really good quality wrapping paper, with lovely designs, for £1 for the 6 and that will do very well for decoupaging some items.  You also got the relative Christmas cards that you need.

Home after that and you had to take a couple of pain killers before you could even put the shopping away.  That new pharmacy you use is brilliant.  When you were first prescribed the Zapain, the doctor put down that if they weren't avalable then you should be supplied with the equivalent Co-codamol.,  Now Boots have never done that if the Zapain isn't available and always made customers wait for the Zapain to come in (we all know why, because the Zapain is slightly lower in price).  Well yesterday you were supplied with the Co-codamol ones because they didn't have the Zapain in - what a difference in service from Boots terrible service these days.

You managed to do all of the shopping and travelling with just drizzle here and there, but when you got home about an hour later, it poured and the wind got up a bit, but you saw it has been terrible for people in other places like the Channel Islands, and south coast, but apparently it is working its way north, so might not miss all of it.  Feel so sorry for those people that have suffered so badly from storm damage and flooding recently.

On Wednesday you did get an email from Rita, just saying hello and that she is still keeping on with the one finger exercise, which is tiring, although wrist has now healed.

Well this had been a long post, so you are off to get ready for bed and have a restful evening and hope we all have a peaceful night.

Just a quick look in this morning after that long catch up last evening.

After posting, you were off to try out the leaf blower and see how well it works and wishing you all a pleasant day with sushine, which you do have there at the moment.

JEAN: The sun shone and you have had a short walk with Peanut.  The leaves are falling so had to be extra careful.  The council never sweep them up and they are their leaves.  The trees have never been cut in the 20 years you have lived there.  Now twice the size and cutting out light in the summer.

Glad Rita is ok.

DIAN: Well it has turned out a lovely mild day and the sun popping out so do hope it keeps up over the weekend.

Not long in but enjoyed the outing also got a nice potted up little rose so will need to find a place for it.  You were out early this morning so you did get home a little bit early.  The sun is out and the sky is blue.  Hope it keeps up over the weekend.

I hope that Rita is OK.

Stay safe and well, everyone!

Lots of love from me to all!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Sat Nov 04, 2023 9:58 am
gosh iit is monsoon out there today  bonfire weather.  we only had fireworks on the day  not heard that many this year
wemt to bowls yesterdsy and had  a speical stick to hold as I am still wobbly
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:54 am
Hello Everyone Ikd8ri10
Hi Ladies.  Back to the rain again this morning and yesterday I did take that chance to get out there while it was dry (although still damp everywhere) and try out the leat blower and it worked so well.  Bit heavy for me to hold with one arm, but supported at the base with the other hand, I got on with it very well.  Good thing about that, is that you can blow all of the leaves that are trapped in the top of plants in the garden and planters, so although there are more to fall, it is looking far tidier out there this morning.  Those leaves got blown straignt out of the back gate and onto the council bank - back home.  

After using that I got on with a couple more planters and placed them after planting up and putting the plant food in them, so a bit more out of the way and although my Asiatic lilies didn't do that well this year, the few that survived I planted in a small pot and also got up the gladioli corms (some of them still flowering), but couldn't leave them in the garden much longer.

Came in from that lot and cooked some haddock in breadcrumbs, (reduced bargain in Tesco) and had that with salad (still keeping to the diet).  I do have another piece of haddock left from the same pack, so will enjoy that again today, but might have that with mashed potatoes and veg this evening.

After enjoying that meal I went off for a bath, took the pain killers (that were well and truly needed after the garden stint) and relaxed for a while.  Caught up on the jewellery again and sorted the necklaces into sections, those that needed new catches, others that needed rethreading, some needing diamontes or other colour stones added here and there, so they are ready to tackle, when I have finished the bracelets.  Today I am going onto Ebay, to look at the supplies needed for all of that work, like the elastic bracelet thread and special thread for the necklaces, etc.

There is another job that I know I am going to have to do (and apologise Ladies for mentioning Christmas) but I did get halfway through sorting the Christmas card list and then it was one job that  got neglected, so now is urgent because those cards aren't going to write themselves this year Sad

Jean, so true about monsoon again this morning and typical bonfire night weather. Last evening around here, there were quite a few fireworks going off.  Glad you got to your bowls yesterday, but see you had to use a stick.

Dian, glad to read that you had lovely mild weather yesterday and hope it continues for you, because we have the rain back here today.  As you can see from above, that leaf blower was so good to use, much better than all of the sweeping and raking.  See you enjoyed the shopping outing yesterday and came home with a potted rose and wondering if you managed to find a place for that in the garden.

Barbara, like you said, the weather yesterday made a nice change and I made the most of that with getting more garden work done, but not today, as we are back to rain.  Usual things for you and David and I did manage to get the reply email off to Rita.

Must away now Ladies as it is now 11.50, so better stop typing and get on with the other jobs and hope you all have a good weekend.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Sat Nov 04, 2023 12:30 pm
Hello Everyone H_ladi28

Pauline that is great you liked the leaf blower and made it a lot easier. You are doing well with your diet .See busy with the jewellery again and it is so good that  you can do so many repairs .Good to hear Rita,s wrist is healing so would be good if you can meet up .Xmas trying to forget about it as cannot believe its that time again and like you must get round to making a list

Jean well done in getting to your bowling and great you did mange with a stick That will certainly help you get your strength back again.

Barbara David did the essential shopping and had extra items as the weather has been so wet .You got on with your usual exercises also computer work watched some TV also got some reading done. Do hope the nice weather is still with you

So far weather quite mild and dry so maybe get out for more leaves lifting and maybe a bit of work in garden .Off now for a snack. Have a good weekend all
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Sat Nov 04, 2023 3:56 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We had a lot of heavy rain last night and into this morning.  It did eventually stop some time after lunch but it's still a tad chilly.

David couldn't do the usual shopping early this morning, for obvious reasons, but once there was a lull in the rain, he did manage to get out to a local shop to buy a newspaper.  We'll be having a home delivery this evening and so he didn't need to think about buying something for dinner.

I've been doing the gentle exercises for my neck and have been walking around the downstairs of our house.  I've also watched some TV and have done some reading.  I've tacked the cryptic crossword but have a lot of clues still to solve and shall attempt that later on this afternoon.  I've done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.

David is now up in the loft, playing with his model railway, as he hasn't always been able to play petanque on account of the inclement weather.  If tomorrow's weather is fine, he'll go to the terrain for the morning session.

JEAN: Gosh it is monsoon out there today, bonfire weather.  We only had fireworks on the day.  Not heard that many this year.

Went to bowls yesterday and had  a speical stick to hold as you are still wobbly.

PAULINE: Back to the rain again this morning and yesterday you did take that chance to get out there while it was dry (although still damp everywhere) and try out the leat blower and it worked so well.  Bit heavy for you to hold with one arm, but supported at the base with the other hand, you got on with it very well.  Good thing about that, is that you can blow all of the leaves that are trapped in the top of plants in the garden and planters, so although there are more to fall, it was looking far tidier out there this morning.  Those leaves got blown straignt out of the back gate and onto the council bank - back home.  

After using that you got on with a couple more planters and placed them after planting up and putting the plant food in them, so a bit more out of the way and although your Asiatic lilies didn't do that well this year, the few that survived you planted in a small pot and also got up the gladioli corms (some of them still flowering), but couldn't leave them in the garden much longer.

Came in from that lot and cooked some haddock in breadcrumbs, (reduced bargain in Tesco) and had that with salad (still keeping to the diet).  You do have another piece of haddock left from the same pack, so will enjoy that again today, but might have that with mashed potatoes and veg this evening.

After enjoying that meal you went off for a bath, took the pain killers (that were well and truly needed after the garden stint) and relaxed for a while.  Caught up on the jewellery again and sorted the necklaces into sections, those that needed new catches, others that needed rethreading, some needing diamontes or other colour stones added here and there, so they are ready to tackle, when you have finished the bracelets.  Today you are going onto Ebay, to look at the supplies needed for all of that work, like the elastic bracelet thread and special thread for the necklaces, etc.

There is another job that you know you are going to have to do (and apologise Ladies for mentioning Christmas) but you did get halfway through sorting the Christmas card list and then it was one job that got neglected, so now is urgent because those cards aren't going to write themselves this year.

DIAN: So far weather quite mild and dry so maybe get out for more leaves lifting and maybe a bit of work in garden.  After posting, you went off for a snack.

I hope that Rita is having a good day.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Sun Nov 05, 2023 9:16 am
very windy there this morning just been for a short walk with peanut. the leaves are on the ground and it is quite slippery
should be going over to sons today that is when the football is over
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Sun Nov 05, 2023 11:09 am
Sorry Ladies, computer trouble this morning and it is really playing up and have just lost a post replying to you all, so not taking any further chances, but will say a quick hello and try and sort it out and hopefully get in here tomorrow.  Enjoy your Sunday.
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Sun Nov 05, 2023 2:27 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We've had lovely sunshine for most of the day but in the last two hours, the sun has gone behind the clouds.  It's stayed dry but it's still a tad chilly.

David bought a newspaper and some other bits early this morning.  I've done the gentle exercises for my neck and have been walking around the downstairs of our house.  I haven't tackled the general knowledge  crossword yet but will attempt to do so later this afternoon.  I've watched some TV and have done some reading.  I've also done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.  

I've had an email from an organisation called Versus Arthritis.  It has lots of information about the different forms of arthritis and it also dispels some of the myths which surround it.  There are also exercises that arthritis sufferers can do to improve the condition.  

David went to the terrain this morning to take part in the club session.  He won 1 game and lost the other.  He's now upstairs in our loft playing with his model railway.

JEAN: Very windy there this morning.  Just been for a short walk with peanut.  The leaves are on the ground and it is quite slippery.

Should be going over to sons today, that is when the football is over.

PAULINE: You had computer trouble this morning and it is really playing up and have just lost a post replying to us all, so not taking any further chances, but will say a quick hello and try and sort it out and hopefully get in here tomorrow.  Sorry to hear that, Pauline.

I hope that Dian is having a good day and that Rita is OK.

Lots of love from me to al!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:17 am
Hello Everyone Qn7dpd11Hi Ladies.  Computer all back in order and now catching up with you all.  It was just a case of too many things updating and slowing everything down and my original post (which I had got well into) disappearing into cyber space Rolling Eyes.

Over the last two days I had to do the jobs that the weather dictated and on Saturday worked indoors and created quite a few more bracelets and repaired several necklaces, but yesterday I was able to get into the garden and one set of shelving now has the winter fleece covering it and the begonias, geraniums and fuchsias under cover.  There is a second lot to do where some larger plants will get protected, but no time for that today or tomorrow, what with club today and x-ray tomorrow.  

Yesterday I also brought indoors all of the ceramic plant pot holders and cleaned them up ready for storage, plus continued on with the jewellery repairs and started cutting out that new paper ready for decoupaging another wooden box. Will take the cutting out with me today to the club and get some more done, because don't think I will be able to join in with any of the games because of the hip trouble, so gives me something to do (besides nattering  Wink)  Taking two of the bracelets for a raffle prize, with me today.

Apologies, will be back after the club to read all of your posts and answer you, because just got a phone call from Rachel and she is popping in for a cuppa in a minute.   Enjoy your day Ladies.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:56 am
Hello Everyone 4pohkl24
Pauline good computer all up to date again and so annoying when playing up .Good you got more work on the jewellery and handy for your raffles today  .Good more work in the garden for the winter and getting lots sheltered Enjoy your time with Rachel Enjoy your club today

Jean good you are getting out with Peanut.but do need to be  carefull  with the leaves as so slippery Enjoy your time with Paul .

Barbara David did the essential shopping and you got on with your usual exercises .Well done David with his wins That was good getting information about arthritis

Well another pleasant morning so do hope it keeps up. I did get lots of leaves yesterday for the brown bin as it gets collected today. I was sure i had a post yesterday but seems to have gone into cyber space. Pleased I got my rose potted up into a plant pot and hope it thrives .Off now to put in meter readings.Have a nice day ladies
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Mon Nov 06, 2023 3:29 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We've had lovely sunshine here today although it's been terribly chilly but there's been no rain again.

David did the essential shopping early this morning.  I've done the gentle exercises for my neck and have been walking around the downstairs of our house.  I've tackled the cryptic crossword but have a lot of clues to solve and so will attempt to do so later this afternoon.  I've watched some TV and have done some reading.  I've also done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.

This morning, David phoned the company that installed our new boiler, as one of our radiators, an ancient one, just isn't working now.  It's quite a large one and so our lounge just isn't heating up as it should.  The company are sending out the person that they call their "guru" but not until 15 November, as they're fully booked, despite David having told them that because I have arthritis, I need to keep warm.  It seems that there are people who just don't care any more!  After lunch, David went up into our loft to play with his model railway.  He's now come downstairs and is making hot drinks for us.

PAULINE: Your Computer is all back in order and now catching up with us all.  It was just a case of too many things updating and slowing everything down and your original post (which you had got well into) disappearing into cyber space.

Over the last two days you had to do the jobs that the weather dictated and on Saturday worked indoors and created quite a few more bracelets and repaired several necklaces, but yesterday you were able to get into the garden and one set of shelving now has the winter fleece covering it and the begonias, geraniums and fuchsias under cover.  There is a second lot to do where some larger plants will get protected, but no time for that today or tomorrow, what with club today and x-ray tomorrow.

Yesterday I also brought indoors all of the ceramic plant pot holders and cleaned them up ready for storage, plus continued on with the jewellery repairs and started cutting out that new paper ready for decoupaging another wooden box. Will take the cutting out with me today to the club and get some more done, because don't think I will be able to join in with any of the games because of the hip trouble, so gives me something to do (besides nattering  Wink)  Taking two of the bracelets for a raffle prize, with me today.

Apologies, will be back after the club to read all of our posts and answer us, because just got a phone call from Rachel and she is popping in for a cuppa in a minute.

DIAN: Well another pleasant morning so do hope it keeps up. You did get lots of leaves yesterday for the brown bin as it gets collected today. You were sure you had a post yesterday but seems to have gone into cyber space. Pleased you got your rose potted up into a plant pot and hope it thrives.  After posting, you went off to put in meter readings.

I meant to say yesterday that if anyone would like the information I got from Versus Arthritis, just let me know.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Mon Nov 06, 2023 3:30 pm
My apologies! I should have said that I hope that Jean is all right and that Rita is having a good day.
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Mon Nov 06, 2023 7:03 pm
Hello Everyone Xglyo710
Hi Ladies.  Enjoyed the catch up with Rachel this morning and at last back to catch up with your posts.  Club went well and I won a pack of Dove soaps.  Glad to be home now and noticed how quickly it got dark today.

Dian, thank you for that David Jason video - it doesn't matter how many times we see Only Fools and Horses and clips from that series, we never cease to laugh. At the moment I am recording and watching the re runs of The Darling Buds of May and enjoying that.  Yes, now we are at the stage where we have to start making the Christmas lists and what we have to do and buy.  I am in a real muddle this year, because I don't know where this x-ray on the hip will lead to, or what treatment I might have, or even if I will be mobile enough to get anywhere this year.  See it was mild for you on Saturday and you were hoping to get some more leaves cleared - Here it just rained most of the day.  See you lost your post on Sunday (off into cyber space, like mine), but you got those leaves lifted ready for the bin collection and also potted up that nice new rose and today you were going to put your meter readings through.  Hope they aren't too high.

Barbara, miserable weather for you, like my way, on Saturday.  Good job you were having a grocery delivery, so didn't have to worry about your evening meal, so not necessary for David to get out for any shopping.  Yesterday sunny weather for you, which I had too.  Interesting email for you from Versus Arthritis, with good information. Today you have noticed how much chillier it is and here, despite me having the heating on low, I did notice how much colder it was when I got up.  I do hope you aren't kept waiting for too long for the replacement or repair of that radiator in the lounge, because as David told them, with arthritis you cannot cope with low temperatures.

Jean, hope you enjoyed the visit to Paul's yesterday and yes, far more leaves on the ground, making it very slippery and dangerous to walk on.

Hope I have caught up with you all and I must away now and try and get a restful evening and catch up with some of the recorded t v and try and get a restful night ready for the hospital tomorrow.  Hope you all have a restful evening and a peaceful night.
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Tue Nov 07, 2023 8:36 am
Barry is in hospital with kidney and heart failure. hopefully he will improve  he is such a nice person.
went to the club yesterday and it was strange to be there without him
hope you hip goes ok Pauline I fell on mine when I fell out of bed but it is ok.
we had fireworks again last night
Barbara nobody cares these days still awaiting covid plan which will never happen07.11.2023
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:26 am
Hello Everyone Oie_g103
Good Morning Ladies.  Nice sunny dry start to the day and I hope it stays that way.

Jean, sorry to read that news about Barry and do hope he gets the correct treatment and is back home soon.  You really will miss him at the club (hopefully only for a short while).  Yes a few more fireworks around here last night too. That was a year ago that I fell on that right hip indoors, but I suppose the trouble can come from that. Hopefully will soon find out what is wrong and thanks for your good wishes for the x-ray today.

Hi also to you Dian and Barbara and hope the day goes well for all of you Ladies.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:34 am
Hello Everyone Ckplib61

Pauline hope all goes well for you today and hope you get a good result .Good you enjoyed the club and had a win .Nice to have catch up with Rachel Yes I have noticed how dark it is getting now quite early too..

Jean so sorry to hear about Barry and hope he improves .Yes you would miss him at the club. Have a good day with Peanut

Barbara David did the essential shopping while you got on with your usual exercises and work on computer phone and laptop also got some reading and watched tv. That is good having nice weather.
That is annoying about your large radiator so do hope it gets fixed soon.
After lunch David came downstairs and made you nice hot drinks

Well not a bad day as it is dry but chilly and more leaves need lifting........now off for a snack
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Tue Nov 07, 2023 3:57 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We've had sunshine for most of today, as was forecast, but did have a little rain some time after lunch today, and that came as a surprise.  It's still rather chilly.

David was unable to do the essential shopping early this morning, as he had an early (9am) dental appointment.  He wasn't very happy with the greeting he had on arrival there, as he was asked to wait in the corridor while there was a staff meeting in place.  It's a good job he didn't have to rush off anywhere!  Anyway, all was well and he was given a clean bill of health by his dentist.  I've done the gentle exercises for my neck and have been walking around the downstairs of our house.  I've tackled the cryptic crossword but have a lot of clues still to solve and so will attempt to do so later this afternoon.  I've watched some TV and have done some reading.  I've also done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.

PAULINE: You enjoyed the catch up with Rachel yesterday morning and at last back to catch up with our posts.  Club went well and you won a pack of Dove soaps.  Glad to be home and noticed how quickly it got dark yesterday.

You hope you had caught up with all of us and you had to away and try and get a restful evening and catch up with some of the recorded t v and try and get a restful night ready for the hospital tomorrow.  Pauline: I hope all goes well with your hip x-ray.

Nice sunny dry start to today and you hope it stays that way.

JEAN: Barry is in hospital with kidney and heart failure.  Hopefully he will improve.  He is such a nice person.  Went to the club yesterday and it was strange to be there without him

Hope your hip goes ok Pauline.  You fell on yours when you fell out of bed but it is ok.

You had fireworks again last night.

Barbara: Nobody cares these days.  Still awaiting covid plan which will never happen07.11.2023.  Jean, I'm still waiting to hear when my home visit for the Covid jab will happen.  No one seems to know, except to say that they're not the ones providing it!

DIAN: Well not a bad day as it is dry but chilly and more leaves need lifting.  After posting, you went off for a snack.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:18 am
Sally Barrys daughter found him sitting on the chair beside his bed, but he was wearing his pgamas under his clothes.
Edie another friend drank nail varnish remover instead of the water beside her bed and had to go to A & E  think she is ok as they did nothing
I got wobbly legs in Sainsburys yesterday and have been around the block in the rain with Peanut
hope all goes well today Pauline
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Wed Nov 08, 2023 2:41 pm
Hello Everyone Ijdypa10
Good Afternoon Ladies.  Not quite sure where my morning has gone, but I did spend a lot of time sorting through neklaces before coming downstairs this morning and then decided it was definitely time I made a coffee and got onto the computer and by then there were the emails building up and have just gone through them, dealt with those that needed attention and sent 52 off into the bin. Plenty of ads coming through from retailers that I have dealt with, trying to get me to spend money and yes, I had better get onto Ebay after this and order that new bracelet elastic, because I have been designing and getting a lot more of them made and this morning I was checking what items I had for pendants (how many good chains and neclace threads I had for them), but I do seem to be okay for them.  I probably will need some more fixing rings and the earring fixings I mentioned before.

Yesterday I said to Rachel that I would be much better going along to the bus stop with my shopping trolley and going directly to the hospital on the No 5, rather than getting into her car and she was going to pick me up after the x-ray, but in fact left earlier than I needed to and x-ray was all over and done with 5 minutes before the actual appointment time, so had 10 minutes to get to the bus stop (only 5 minutes away) before the bus arrived and I phoned her and told her I was fine and everything went well, just as the bus arrived, so was home in half an hour having a late lunch.  Was told that the x-ray results will take about 10 working days to get to my GP, so probably looking at week starting 20th.

Pouring with rain today and it has stopped a few times, but started quickly pouring again and plenty of leaves blowing about, so I am not going out there today and have plenty of things to get on with.  I have even got out the small wooden boxes and items that need painting (for decoupaging) that have been tucked away in the craft room and it is also time to start making a few more door wreaths.  All of those items, when finished, can be sold at the club to raise funds for them.

Dian, as you can see, all went well with the x-ray, just a bit of a long wait for the results.  See it was reasonable weather your way yesterday (same here, but not today) and you were going to lift more leaves.  Hope you enjoyed your club this morning.

Barbara, not a very pleasant start for David with the dental appointment, but after a wait at least he was given a clean bill of health.  You got on with the usual things, including gentle exercises and thank you for your good wishes for my x-ray appointment, which as you can see from above, went smoothly.

Jean, Thank you for the good wishes for my apointment yesterday, which went well.  Sounds as though Barry is really unwell and was really quite muddled, how his daughter found him - so upsetting and hope he gets the correct treatment and back on the road to recovery.  That was frightening news about your friend Edie - that could have been so dangerous for her, but seems okay now.  See you managed to get Peanut out for his walk even in this wet weather.

Must away now Ladies and get on with some of those jobs and hope you all enjoy the rest of the afternoon and have a restful evening and night.

P.S I have noticed that we are on page 41, so expect it to switch to a new section again soon, because this site always finishes on Page 40 in our group.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Wed Nov 08, 2023 2:52 pm
Hello Everyone H_ladi29 Surprised it was quite a pleasant morning with some sun and blue skies but now it is changing .Not long in from the Wed club and had a small win on the bingo but better than nothing. Weather not looking so nice now so think more rain is on its way

Pauline do hope all went fine for you yesterday and hope not any bad news.

Barbara that was good news for David all be it not to his liking for the wait  You got on with your usual exercises and work You have started the cryptic crossword but will tackle it later .Hope you both have had a good day

Jean that is so sad for Barry so lets hope he now gets good care and help That  was dangerous for your friend who accidently drank some nail polish remover. Do hope she recovers quickly. Good you did get out with Peanut

Now off for a snack and if rain stays away will lift more leaves  but it has clouded over now so might get the rain.
Hoping all have a good day
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Wed Nov 08, 2023 3:47 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We've had nonstop heavy rain today and it's still doing it now.  It's also very chilly.

David did the essential shopping early this morning.  I've done the gentle exercises for my neck and have been walking around the downstairs of our house.  I've yet to tackle the cryptic crossword and will do so later this afternoon.  I've watched some TV and have done some reading.  I've also done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.  Today's rain meant that Petanque play didn't even take place today and so David has been playing with his model railway instead.

I had a text today from Andrew, who's in Munich of work of the whole of this week.  I can't remember if I mentioned it or not.  He and some of his colleagues are at his firm's head office to put on an event for some of their German clients and the event finished today.

JEAN: Sally Barrys daughter found him sitting on the chair beside his bed, but he was wearing his pgamas under his clothes.

Edie another friend drank nail varnish remover instead of the water beside her bed and had to go to A & E.  Think she is ok as they did nothing.

You got wobbly legs in Sainsburys yesterday and have been around the block in the rain with Peanut.

Hope all goes well today Pauline.

PAULINE: Good Afternoon Ladies.  Not quite sure where your morning went, but you did spend a lot of time sorting through neklaces before coming downstairs this morning and then decided it was definitely time you made a coffee and got onto the computer and by then there were the emails building up and have just gone through them, dealt with those that needed attention and sent 52 off into the bin. Plenty of ads coming through from retailers that you have dealt with, trying to get you to spend money and yes, you had better get onto Ebay after this and order that new bracelet elastic, because you have been designing and getting a lot more of them made and this morning you were checking what items you had for pendants (how many good chains and neclace threads you had for them), but you do seem to be okay for them.  You probably will need some more fixing rings and the earring fixings you mentioned before.

Yesterday you said to Rachel that you would be much better going along to the bus stop with your shopping trolley and going directly to the hospital on the No 5, rather than getting into her car and she was going to pick you up after the x-ray, but in fact left earlier than you needed to and x-ray was all over and done with 5 minutes before the actual appointment time, so had 10 minutes to get to the bus stop (only 5 minutes away) before the bus arrived and you phoned her and told her you were fine and everything went well, just as the bus arrived, so was home in half an hour having a late lunch.  You were told that the x-ray results will take about 10 working days to get to your GP, so probably looking at week starting 20th.

Pouring with rain today and it has stopped a few times, but started quickly pouring again and plenty of leaves blowing about, so you are not going out there today and have plenty of things to get on with.  You have even got out the small wooden boxes and items that need painting (for decoupaging) that have been tucked away in the craft room and it is also time to start making a few more door wreaths.  All of those items, when finished, can be sold at the club to raise funds for them.

I'm so glad your x-ray appointment went smoothly but you now have a bit of a wait for the results.

After posting, you had to away and get on with some of those jobs and hope we all enjoy the rest of the afternoon and have a restful evening and night.

DIAN: Surprised it was quite a pleasant morning with some sun and blue skies but now it is changing.  Not long in from the Wed club and had a small win on the bingo but better than nothing.  Weather not looking so nice now so think more rain is on its way.

After posting, you went off for a snack and if rain stays away will lift more leaves but it has clouded over now so might get the rain.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum