Nifty Fifties Plus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Pauline
Pauline
Admin
https://nifty-fifties.forumotion.com

Hello Everyone - Page 21 Empty Re: Hello Everyone

Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:18 am
Hello Everyone - Page 21 Cdz2qc12

Good Morning Everyone.  The gif showing Tilly investigating her first Christmas tree  Very Happy .

Everything is now finished and gradually I am getting the rooms sorted.  Last curtains washed were those in the dining room and they dry very quickly and early this morning (about 4, as I went to sleep fairly early last night) I put them up and am now shifting indoor plants around to see where it is best to put them out of the way, but so they still get daylight to them.  Going back to the craft room in a minute and finishing that off and putting curtains back up there - got to decide what ones will look best.  I am so thankful it is all now over, but so glad I decided on having it all done.  I have got to fix up the holders for the nets differently now, but that is going to wait and I will need new nets for upstairs.   I am quite enjoying getting the house back to rights and in the craft room am having a big alteration around and sort out - taking quite a bit of time, but worth doing.  Maria phoned last evening after a shopping trip with friend Eileen and said the windows look really good from her view on the bus.

Jean, I see that David was up late watching the election results and that is what I have done before, but knowing I was getting up early for the last day of the installation, I found out early yesterday morning what the result was and to be honest, I did think it would be that way, because whether people wanted to stay or leave the EU, it had dragged on so long and I believed they were going to vote to get Brexit over and done with.  Also most people I have spoken to were totally opposed to a second referendum - if that had happened our democracy would have been thrown away.  So we will now see whether those election promises are kept  Rolling Eyes .  See you had a good shopping trip with Tescos, Bon Marche and Clairs in the morning and reckoned that David would be asleep most of the afternoon.  At one point yesterday, it did darken off, but stayed dry and that was the only day that the two men (Steve and Dave) had better weather to work in - it has been absolutely awful weather for them most of the week and they did so well to finish on time.

Friend Mary (who is the retired teacher, but at the moment working again), called in yesterday for a cuppa and a catch up natter in between visiting at home pupils and she loved the bi-fold doors and the sash windows and while she was here, I had a rest for an hour from the work..

Dian, I have to face sorting out the tv I took out of the bedroom and replaced with the one from the dining roiom - I have a feeling that the one that I took away from the bedroom might just possibly be on the way out,  or throwing a hissy fit about being moved, but going to test that one this morning downstairs and see if it works, otherwise it looks like a new tv might have to be purchased for the dining room - always something to replace  Rolling Eyes .  See you have dealt with the same sort of problems before with regard to aerial fittings - such temperamental things.  It is worrying for Maria waiting for the results, but myself and all of her friends are keeping her occupied with visits, trips out and phone calls, helping to keep her mind off of it during the wait.  See you had a lovely day out with your daughter yesterday and did window shopping and looked around for things that your daughter might want as she is thinking of decorating her house and also things that your granddaughter might need for her new house and got a new computer chair for yourself - yes trouble is getting rid of the old items.  See you also enjoyed a couple of breaks during the day for refreshments too.

I don't know if I mentioned it the other day, but Rachel phoned a couple of days ago to say they had sold their house - couple with no property to sell and just their finances to be sorted, so Rachel is hoping they will be on the move early in February and just hope the house they are after (just a couple of roads away from their present house) will still be on the market. Do hope it all goes through well for them.

Rita, I am hoping by tomorrow evening most things will be sorted and back in place (or in different ones) and I can relax for the last full week in my own home, before I am off to Rugby the following week.  See you got into town and visited Boots and you have a delivery of frozen foods arriving next week, so you will be stocked up for Christmas and can avoid the crowds.  That is is nice that Maria can call in on you and break her journey, knowing she will be picked up by her God daughter and is looking forward to it.

Well ladies, I have been typing on and off at this over the last hour and a half - with breaks to look at emails that are arriving and honestly the internet is so slow at the moment and has been like that for the past three days and I am having to wait for ages for pages to open.  Anyway have finished now and off to make a coffee and check out that other tv and then off to the craft room.  Enjoy your day all of you.

Last edited by Pauline on Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ritadonni
Ritadonni

Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:17 am
Oh dear I am worn out just reading that Pauline. The sun has come out so I will risk putting towels out to dry, other things wil dry indoors on the clothes horse. My drier broke and I didn't think I needed replacement.
More leaves to sweep up but not many left to fall now.
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:14 pm
lovely gif of Tilley. Do not think Coco would stay still enough to have hers taken up the tree. she is very curious about the tree.
well done getting things nearly put back. strange how we turn things around and decide why did I not do that before
It is very wet and windy here, which is just as well as I cannot walk very well or very far.far too wet still to do the leaves
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:37 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 21 Flower15Pauline tired just reading what you have achieved. Quite a long time since I worked like that but great you have got so much back in order and you are so pleased you got it done. Yes you will all be a great help for Maria.Good to know your windows looking good from outside. Hope you finally got your tv working Maybe just in the huff Laughing Hope so.Great Rachel has sold her house and fingers crossed she can get the house they want .
Jean see you are having the miserable weather we are having today .....depressing Have a lazy day.......my leaves are all done ......thank goodness maybe will still have a few to lift
Rita good you will be well stocked for Christmas so do not need to venture out
Well it is really a wild wet wet day with high winds but will need to venture out to local shop soon as need milk.It is only 5 minutes round the corner and it is very handy in a day like today.Made an appointment for hair to be permed next Tuesday as was too much bother as not holding a set grrr.Just got a weird crank call Embarassed Never had one before. Very Happy
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:29 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 21 0sfnge12Well it was a wet cold morning but has brightened up but for how long???? Off to bowling club dinner shortly. Not sure yet if walking or will get a lift.Just waiting on a friend to phone
Hope all are having a nice weekend. Nothing new from yesterday Trouble getting hair sorted so glad going for a perm on Tuesday.Have a good day ladies
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:48 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 21 Adoes10Good Morning All.

Yesterday I seemed to be going around in circles in a very limited space surrounded by house plants, deciding where it was best for them to go.  Finally decided on an area for the largest one and got the others in place and watered them - they were certainly suffering after no care and a few days of cold winds going through the house.  This morning they all look decidedly better.  I checked out the tv again that had been in my bedroom by taking it back upstairs to where the one from the dining room had settled in well.  Having got all the fittings in again, it definitely has lost its picture. Put the original dining room one back downstairs and checked out the aerial with that and it was fine, so took that back upstairs and that is all settled in again, so decided  that the former bedroom one has to go.  Set to and searched around the internet for the best offers and decided on one from Amazon and ordered that.  It is supposed to be here by Weds or Thurs and as I already had just over £43 in vouchers in Amazon, only had to pay out a further £80 and free delivery too.  Just hope it doesn't arrive on Weds when I have to be at the club.  

I bought a new door mat for the dining room entry the other week and that was hexagonal shapes in black, grey and white, well with the coming and going it is now one brown muddy colour (and got to admit that was me mainly causing that as the men put down the covers wherever they were working), so that is now in the washing machine and actually looking quite good as it spins around.  Finally yesterday early evening I took something into the craft room and on the way out, knocked over a box of pens and thought this is where I have had enough - bath and bed and watched some tv, but fell asleep quite early and had a good sleep.  

This morning have cleared the dining room table (again!!!) and made a space for me to finish the Christmas cards and work out what I have been spending and what has gone from the bank. Besides the tv I had to switch some money to Rachel for Stephen's birthday present and also because she has booked up for us for one of those 3 day breaks next year at Bream Sands, including Aimie, Sean and the children from 1st to 3rd April,  I definitely need to keep track of the finances at the moment and have to remember I still have £120 in there to switch to Parkinsons UK and after a month they have finally got in touch with me about that - talk about slow and not made things any easier as they attached a form to their email which they wanted me to fill in and return before giving me their bank details.  Well when it finally opened it wouldn't allow me to fill it in on the computer, so had to scan it and print it off, fill it in by hand and then photocopy that and send it back as an attachment that way, plus also give them all the info in the email that I had written on the form, in case they couldn't read my handwriting, so now waiting a reply from that - I tell you I won't be raising any further funds for them .  I also need to email the Fire Fighters' Charity about the money we collected for them (and I hope that turns out easier) and get that into the bank ready for transfer.  Tomorrow will get that money paid in and give the centre management their charity share, plus must get my prescription made up and will do that before I take off with Maria for the Monday club Christmas dinner.

At last got the lounge finally in order and the Christmas tree back in place and lit up again, so looks so much better while I am here at the computer. Definitely a bit more restful and serene - which I am not feeling at the moment  Rolling Eyes , but hope to be by about the middle of this coming week.  I am sure I will feel so much better this evening after washing my hair and getting that back in order and just hope the set holds this week, otherwise it might be a quick perm over next weekend  Shocked .

Had a couple of phone calls and my local robin and blackbirds were making it obvious I should be out there with the bird food, so have done that and had to stop posting for a while, but the birds are satisfied and the door mat has come out fine from the washing machine, so something else achieved.  Still very cold out there this morning, but the sun is out at the moment. Another plus this morning is that the internet seems to be working quicker, because if has been so slow over the last few days and taking me ages to load pages or change them and receive emails, so that has taken a lot more unnecessary time,  particularly with regard to Parkinsons above, which has been driving me mad when I have had so much else to do.  Anyway now back to posting.

Rita, with the sun out yesterday you made the most of trying to get washing dry outside - today at the moment it is the same, with a wind blowing and the sun out, but yesterday we had rain most of the day - much better today though. Yes I was worn out yesterday and caved in earlier than intended, but feeling better today and possibly can see the light at the end of the tunnel.  See you have more leaves to sweep up and the same here, but most of them are down now around my way.

Jean, yes that was a good photo that Rachel took of Tilly in the tree - you just cannot stop cats investigating Christmas trees and see that Coco is curious about your one, but at least hasn't tried to climb it.  Thinking back when we had 4 cats, it is a wonder our trees weren't totally demolished.  That is so true, that when you have had a big job done in the house, we all start altering things around and wonder why we didn't think of doing it that way in the first place.  See you had some rain yesterday and it was the same here and went on into late evening, so stopped you going out for a walk with Coco, but seeing as you cannot walk that far at the moment, or very well, that wasn't a bad thing.

Dian I really didn't want to work that hard, but it has been worth it and am slowly getting straight again.  I did decide that if that tv was in a huff about being moved, it had gone on long enough, so as you can see from above, that one is on the way out and had to pay out for a new one which is on its way.  Yes fingers crossed that the sale of the house for Stephen and Rachel will go through smoothly and hope the same for your granddaughter with her purchase and move. See it was depressing wet weather for you yesterday, but all your leaves have been swept up - I think that was what was wrong with me yesterday because of the weather, I just couldn't seem to get things done in the time I wanted or make my mind up about where things were going or in what order I should do them - blame it on the weather, but today feel so much better and working much faster because of the sunshine outside.  Hope your short trip out yesterday went okay and you didn't get blown away and see you have an appointment for a perm next Tuesday and you can see what I said about my hair - will know by next weekend if I will have to perm mine.  See you got a crank call yesterday and I let my answerphone take over first before I pick it up, so spam or crank calls get ignored and my mobile (with o2 service) usually lets me know it is a spam call coming in, so manage to avoid them.  Enjoy the bowling club dinner today and hope you get a lift there and the weather stays brightened up for you. as it started off badly.

Well must away now ladies and get on with the next lot of jobs (probably put another lot of curtains up in the spare bedroom and then get on with the finance sorting and card writing).  Have a good day all of you.

P.S nearly forgot that I took this today of the new bifold doors in the dining room with the curtains back up (but no nets yet) :-

Hello Everyone - Page 21 P1120920
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:26 pm
wow Pauline that looks lovely and love the curtains.
today went around posting Xmas cards through their doors and Coco had alittle walk at each house.
the family are coming up for dinner tonight.
Kaz has told me their house sale is going through
the sun has gone to bed again so nice to see it
Ritadonni
Ritadonni

Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:33 pm
Hi, its been a dry day not too cold. Met niece and friend for lunch st an Italian restaurent, pricey, but large portions perfectly cooked and presented. Got taxi there and back. So its been a good day. Then took a few cards round to neighbours before i took my coat off. So thats my shopping done and cards sent, i think. Tomorrow friend is taking me ti see old neighbour then later I will have delivery of frozen food from oakhouse foods. K
Jean that is good news that house sale us going through. Will they live nearer to you.
Pauline, ah, at last you are seeing your way around your house, those windows look very good snd worth all the upheaval.
Dian, did you enjoy your ckub dinner, i hope you got a lift there and back..
Inam getting so forgetful lately, i have an appointment in january to see someone about it.
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:53 am
Hello Everyone - Page 21 G387go11Good Morning Ladies.   I had hoped to get a couple of more hours sleep, but feeling wide awake so will make the most of it and get some more cards written.

The craft room is completely finished with everything sorted in corrrect places and the main curtains up. Have nearly finished my bedroom, just about 10 more minutes work to do in there and everything is out from there that doesn't belong. Still work to do in the second bedroom, but half of it sorted and at least the main curtains are up and got more ironing to do in there today, including the bedding I washed yesterday which has dried (as I had it hanging on the radiator hook over metal shelving) and I need to iron the bathroom curtains (still making use of a large towel draped over the window) and once they are done, it just leaves sorting out new nets when I have worked out how and where to fit the hooks which hold the rods for them. That job can wait for a while. First thing after this is to finish off the cards for the club today and write a lot that have to be posted and might even get some posted when I head for the centre this morning for some top up shopping,  get my prescription filled and pay in the charity money to the centre management and the remainder into the bank for the Fire Fighters charity (and I did manage to get the email off to them yesterday and do hope it is going to be easier to transfer the money to them and not the hassle I have with Parkinsons).

Spoke to Maria yesterday and she had a good day and gave her an update on Gennie. She too was well when I spoke to her, except for arthritis in her shoulder (and been bad weather for that with all of the damp the past week) and I have arranged to visit her this week (probably on Friday) and take with me my wood glue as there is a picture frame that needs attention that holds one of her favourtie pictures, plus she wants me to look at the curtain track upstairs which needs some attention (better take the tool box with me  Rolling Eyes )

Jean I have had those curtains for quite a while and got them off of the internet and they wash and dry so quickly.  One of the jobs I never got around to as I should have shortened them, so just hook them up with the tie backs when they are open.  The curtains looked okay in the photo, but you can see the clutter at the bottom on the dining room table, but I did get all of the finances in order last night and settled the water bill too and still just about solvent  Very Happy . Well done getting out for a walk with Coco when you posted cards around the local houses and hope you enjoyed the dinner yesterday when the family came to you.  Good news for Kaz about the house going through and that means they will be nearer to you, like Aimie and her family are now nearer to me.  It certainly was a better day yesterday with strong sunshine.

Rita the Italian restaurant might have been pricey (and I find that most of them usually are), but sounds like you enjoyed the meal with your friend and niece when you were out with them yesterday and see you got a taxi there and back, so an easy day for you, so made the most of it and took a few cards to your neighbours after arriving home.  Enjoy the trip out today with your friend when you go to see an old neighbour and hope the delivery of food arrives on time.  Yes, gradually getting my house back to rights and enjoyed it yesterday, far better than Saturday when I didn't know where to turn next.  Me too as far as forgetting things, that is why I write things down as soon as I come across a job or know there is something I need on the shopping list.  I honestly don't think you have much to worry about, because I am a firm believer in the fact that we have far more memories stored the older we get and it takes a time to search through all of the filing cabinets in our brain and as a lot of doctors and scientists have said, the fact that you are aware of the forgetfulness just shows that you haven't got any big problem. Anyway hope the appointment goes well in January.

Dian I expect you enjoyed the club dinner yesterday and hope you got a lift there and back.

Must away now ladies and tackle some more cards and hope you all have a good day.
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:41 pm
not such a bad day but opted to go and get some more frozen food to fill up the freezer. went to Kettering to farm foods, which really is not as good as I thought
it was. then went to TJMax and got myself a jumper I saw in there when I went to HMV. Decided as it was a bit pricey not to have it then but what the heck
you only live once. after that to Wellingborough to Iceland. had to push my way in, and then there was only one checkout open.
It is not taking four or more days for cards to get here now. Aunt in Norfolk was upset that I had not received hers.
foot playing up so could not walk far.
Pauline how long has Peacocks in Anglia Square been closed?
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:43 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 21 Fpxfv714 Pauline wow like your curtains and doors looking great. Brilliant you have got so much done and so much all back in order.You would think charities would make it easy to give them money Embarassed Hope your set lasts .
Jean quite right in buying the jumper you liked. Good you got more items for your freezer. Hope your feet improve soon
Rita good  you have had a nice weekend with your friend and niece.I,m sure you would have enjoyed out today too
Well I enjoyed my day at the club yesterday got a taxi there with a friend and we got a lift home of another friend. The dinner was very nice and a nice atmosphere.Danced a lot so felt it in my legs this morning so had a lazy morning then got a lot of Christmas shopping in.Hair done tomorrow so pleased that will be done.Posted more cards and got some more in today Pauline wish I had your energy. Granddaughter phoned me tonight still waiting on missive being signed but out buying some items...........Cold icy morning today but eased up as day went on
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:59 am
Hello Everyone - Page 21 From_p10That gif I have used this morning, was one that Pat made, so thought it would be a nice way of remembering her this time of the year.

Yesterday got to the centre and posted some cards, had to leave the prescription at Boots as queue was to the door, same with the bank so left that and just scooted into Poundland and got the 3 things I wanted in there and posted the cards (the few that I had done), then into the Centre Manager's office and gave them their charity money.  Having done that I then went home and picked up the trolley with the Christmas items and off to the club.  We actually sold some more things at the Monday club Christmas dinner and gave those funds to the club and the few items that are left are now decorating my stairs on the way up (will store them after Christmas).  After leaving the club I went to the centre with Maria, where she had a few things to do and I got served at the bank fairly quickly ( putting the Fire Fighters money in), picked up the prescription - Boots nearly empty and then got Ralph his voucher in the Game.  Yesterday also the Fire  Service had got back to me with the info I needed, so was able to switch the money directly to them using online bank account and card reader and that one is all sorted (still waiting for the useless lot of staff at Parkinsons to get back to me).  Sorted out the finances again and shifted some money between accounts and then set to and updated my Christmas card list - ticking off all of those received and those given and made a list of the ones I still had to do.  Finally got to bed about 4 in the morning and up again at 8.30.  Have done a few jobs and sorted the shopping list for today and now finishing off the remainder of the cards for posting.  Considering the lack of sleep I still feel okay - will see later when I get back from shopping Rolling Eyes

Jean I have never been to Farm Foods, although been tempted, but going by what you say I don't think I will bother.  I know when I visit Iceland I am always happy with their products.  Glad to read you treated yourself to the jumper in TKMax, might have been a bit expensive, but you liked it, so why not.  Hope you told your Aunt not to worry and that the card would get there and that is why I must post the last of mine today.   Not sure where you mean about Peacocks in Anglia Square - never heard of that.  I have only known the one we have in the Weston Favell Shopping Centre and the one in St. Peter's Way and according to the internet, that one is still open and definitely the one in our shopping centre is still trading.

Dian, yes I too am pleased with how the windows and curtains look, but still quite a bit more to do around the house to get things straight - just need the card posting and shopping out of the way and then I can crack on again after that.  I really am not sure about this set - hair getting too long and a bit floppy, so sure it will mean a perm being done on Saturday.  See you had a good day at the club and got a taxi there with your friend and a lift home.  See you had to rest your legs yesterday morning after all the dancing the day before, but got out and sorted some more Christmas shopping.  Hope the perm goes okay today and see your grandaughter is waiting for the missive to be signed.  You know I love the legal terms in Scottish law - they are more attractive than those here - here we had the contract to buy to start and then the final Conveyance - and typed enough of those in my time as a legal secretary.

Rita hope things are going well for you this week and now I must away ladies and tackle the last of those cards and then off for the shopping - raining again here.
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:11 pm
No doubt I have gotten the wrong Peacocks but this one near Argos. we went down there a while ago and it was empty quite a big shop and now no disabled parking so
have not returned. TJMx is down the bottom of the hill. Good that you are still with it not getting to bed until 4am.
yesterday we had a man come t check the safety of our meters?????????David saw him and stood there whilst he did it. Before that at 5.10am Coco was barking
she must have heard something.
Dian David said if he gave me £100 to go down town and shop I could not spend it....true. glad you had a nice time at the dinner
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:54 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 21 18060813 Pauline well done you not in bed till 4am.then up at 8.30 am. I would be absolutely shattered.See you got lots of your charities sorted. Great you still sold Xmas items at the  Mon.club So annoying about the Parkinson lot.Good you met up with Maria.Hope you were still fine later on.See you will probably have your perm this weekend.
Jean laughed about the £100......we sure knew how to economise.Hope you all had a good day
Rita hoping your day has gone well too
Got my hair permed yipee so pleased its done as was driving me mad trying to get it looking ok.Got a nice birthday card for my D_I_L as it is her birthday next week Such a nice girl......really fond of her also got a few bits and bobs.Just in from posting neighbours cards so something else out of the way. Son just off the phone will take the old computer chair away for me tomorrow....yipeee.Well surprised it was quite a pleasant dry day so do hope the same tomorrow as its our Wed clubs dinner......Hope all has had a pleasant day
Ritadonni
Ritadonni

Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:22 pm
Hello I have just come in from town. Met Muriel, she is all aches and pains, but I thnk we should be glad to be able to still get out and look after ourselves. Her neighbour has plans pased and is going to put another storey on his house (bungalow semi) and Muriel/ken are dreading the upheaval. They are looking at flats as Ken cannot do garden now, but she says that after buying a flat there are various expenses on top - so complicated.
Jean, i have a yearly safety check on my gas meter, i think it is recommemded that we have it . It is good having your dog to alert you, as you know, I am completely deaf, cannot hear any sound at all, so without my hearing aids I feel very vulnerable. I went to town today and forgiot to take a card which is to go abroad and needs weighing etc for airmail, grrr. Its a good walk to local post office. But I must go tomorrow.
Dian, your Dinner and Dance went off well, worth a bit if stiffness the day after eh! Yes, I guess your Grand daughter will be feeling impatient and wanting to go Ahead, but the legal system does go so slowly.
Pauline, its time you put your feet up and relaxed a little, dont wear yourself out. Did you get your new TV set up. Have taken si long tonwrite this that others have posted, i see you have had your hairbperm Dian, that's one thing I never have to bother about, just need hair cut. Its good that your son has taken the chair out of your way
Is Gennie at home for Xmas. I am looking forward to seeing Maria on Monday, if you can let me know what bus she hopes to get.
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:31 am
Got my haircut today so feel more human.apparently the little cyst I had on my head since 1992 is growing a bit so shall have to see about that being taken off.
Dian good you had a good dinner.
Pauline thanks for the card received yesterday.
I have some news about Barry(Jills husband) he is in hospital with pneumonia. he was in A & E for eight hours, they then sent him home. He had had constipation
so was not eating something(men do not think to take pills) and had to go back in the following day. His son phoned me last night. this does not sound good
he is in Kettering hospital, who keep moving him around different wards.
We had a reminder yesterday that we have to go up there for David on Xmas Eve a week in advance......
hope everyone is fine// If Barry is still there we hope to visit.
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:57 am
Hello Everyone - Page 21 Ph2zzh10Hi Everyone.  T v has arrived and all installed - easy one to do too, so got on and partly tackled the dining room and the amount of dust that got in there when the patio door space was open to the elements, was quite a lot, so partly got that to rights. I won't have time to go to the club today as yesterday I couldn't get the shopping done as got the email mid morning to say that t v was on its way, so shopping has got to be done today, but at least got all of my cards completed and posted at the local post box after t v arrived about 4 in the afternoon.  Maria got a phone call from her God daughter who had arranged to get the messages from the hospital, to say that consultation booked for 9.30 this morning and Maria did ask me if I could take her cards to the club, but told her I just wasn't sure if I could get there, so suggested would it be possible for her God daughter to take her there after the hospital and she said that would be okay.  I haven't been able to contact her yet on her mobile, so hope all went well for her this morning.  Glad I suggested her trip to the club, because there is no way I am going to get there today, but I had given all of my cards out to both clubs last Wednesday and Monday just gone.   Going to carry on with the dining room and kitchen for a while and then get myself ready to go shopping and hope I can get Maria on the phone soon.

Jean, yes that is Peacocks in St Peter's Way you are talking about and it does say it is still open on the internet, but as I haven't been that way for a while, I cannot say.  I was quite surprised that I was still with it after such a lack of sleep, but so glad I got all of the cards done and posted and it was a nice surprise the t v arriving yesterday, because it had been down for today or Thursday.  That was odd about the checking of the meters and did David ask for any ID?  You just have to be so careful these days about who you are opening the door to, but see David kept a good eye on him and see that Coco was disturbed early in the morning too.  Had to laugh about not spending a £100 if David gave it to you - same here, I do prefer to go around the charity shops first and find a bargain, or in the sales, but glad you treated yourself to that jumper you wanted.  Hope you are pleased with that.  Just seen your today's post and see you got a hair cut yesterday and yes, best to get that cyst checked out.  I posted that card of yours on Monday, so that certainly got there in good time and had at least got seven of them done, so hope the remainder I posted yesterday, also get there quickly.  I see that David has still got that appointment on Christmas Eve and hope the traffic isn't too bad getting there.  Bad news about Barry and like you think, hasn't been taking care of himself, so do hope all goes well for him.

Dian, did feel a bit shattered at first when I got up, but it wore off and so happy I got those cards done and posted.  With the t v arriving yesterday that helped a lot and got a lot of the dining room sorted.  With regard to the charities, at last Parkinsons got back to me with the details, so switched their money this morning through internet banking and using my card reader, so both charities out of the way and my bank current account is looking more normal now. Glad to read your perm turned out well yesterday and I am sure I will have to do mine this weekend - getting too soft and floppy and needs trimming first.  See you got your daughter-i-l a birthday card for next week and a few other bits and bobs and today when I go shopping I must get Stephen his birthday card for 7th January - no choice in the shops after Christmas before they stock up again.  See you got the neighbours' cards posted so another job out of the way and you will be glad when your son collects the old computer chair today and gets that out of your way.  Enjoy your Wednesday club dinner today and hope the weather is as good as yesterday.  Here it is sunny at the moment.

Rita nice that you managed to meet Muriel yesterday and think like her, because of so much damp weather, we are all aches and pains at the moment - I know my right arm is playing up again - using it too much and all of those cards written yesterday.  There is a lot to think about when you are buying a flat, particularly with the upkeep of communal parts and service charges, but see they are dreading the upheaval of their neighbour building another floor on his bungalow, so wish them luck in their search.  Hope the weather is good your way today, like here, as you have that walk to the post office to do.  Yes Gennie is at home for Christmas, because she cannot get anywhere now and Heather her daughter will be with her for 3 days and I will visit her probably on Friday, with my tool box, as she needs a few jobs done.  I tried to find my wood glue yesterday and did think it was near the front of the cupboard, but couldn't find it, so today will buy another one to fix her picture frame.  I did email you yesterday with the time of the bus Maria is catching on Monday - it is the 10.44 and gets to you at 11.41 and know you are looking forward to seeing her.

Must away now ladies and see if I can contact Maria, do a bit more around here and then get that shopping.  Hope all of you have a good day.

Last edited by Pauline on Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:43 pm
Popped back before I go shopping, because I have just spoken to Maria. Her and her God daughter are back from the hospital and they are going to the club so Maria can give her cards to everyone. The news from the hospital is that they are going to give her chemo, but that won't start until the end of the year, so at least she can relax and enjoy her Christmas. I just hope that the chemo will help to shrink that tumour and perhaps they might be able to operate after the treatment, so fingers crossed for her.
Ritadonni
Ritadonni

Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:18 pm
Well good that hospital will start treatment for Maria soon, but she must feel so frightened,, chemotherapy is so very hard to cope with. I am glad that her God daughter will support and be there for her, as I am sure will al her friends.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:14 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 21 63683116 Pauline good Maria knows what will happen and chemo can affect everybody so differently I had a friend who was never up nor down with it but know other folk are really poorly with it.As you say can have her Christmas and good her god daughter will be with her.Good Parkinson finally got back to you. Pleased you have got your new TV and its up and running also more all finished in house and also your cards done and dusted. Good Gennie will be home for Christmas.
Jean we always feel better when hair is tidy Wise to keep an eye on your cyst.Sorry to hear about Barry do hope he does improve soon.
Rita a big worry for Muriel not knowing how it will all turn out.So annoying you forgot your letter and have to post it another day Have done that myself....grrr
I had a nice afternoon at Wed club Lovely dinner then music and some raffles.Only trouble was waiting quite awhile for taxi home.A very cold frosty morning then we did get some rain
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:29 am
Hello Everyone - Page 21 Oie_fr11
Today made a Christmas gif of Pat and Joan, both ladies that we lost this year and we miss so very much.

Got that shopping done yesterday, visiting B & M first for bird food, then to the bank to draw some money, off to Wilko, Savers, Poundland, Card Factory and then finally faced Tescos.  None of it was too bad, but came home pretty loaded up and feeling so tired by then.  Put all of the shopping away and worked out what had been spent and where, put some washing in the machine, followed by a quick meal and then up for bath and catch up t v and after resting for a while, tackled half of the bathroom until I ran out of steam. This morning, except for the craft room that is totally done, I have to work my way through the entire house, because something needs doing in every room and think I will start downstairs at first.  Nice to have an entire day at home, but off to see Gennie tomorrow and do the jobs she needs done.

Rita, yes daunting thought facing chemo and so pleased that Maria has decided to spend Christmas with her God daughter and her family.  I will talk to her later and ask if she wants to go and see Gennie with me tomorrow, because Gennie is a very calm and reassuring lady to talk to and Maria can chat with her while I get on with the jobs. It is a case of keeping her occupied and seeing people to keep her mind off of what she has to face.  One good thing is that there is time to treat her with the chemo and just hope that will shrink that tumour, leaving it more treatable.  All we can do is hope for her. How did your day go yesterday - did you stay in the warm or go out visiting or to the shops?

Dian, yes some people can react so differently to chemo, so hoping that Maria won't feel so bad when they start that in the new year for her.  I really do want to hold off from booking those sales until her treatment is over and we know what she is facing then and during the treatment it means I will be able to spend more time with her.  I have got a perm left to use on Saturday, but did buy another one in Wilkos to keep in stock ready for next Spring (seeing as I know we will be going away at the start of April for three days).  I definitely do need to perm mine this week as it has certainly got too loose and floppy, so will get that out of the way on Saturday.  Shame you had to wait so long for a taxi yesterday to get home, but see you enjoyed the club dinner and all of the entertainment.

Hope things went well for you Jean yesterday and you receive some better news about Barry.

Going to finish my coffee and then on with the jobs that need tackling and wishing you all a good day.
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:25 am
it is very dark here today. rain has finally stopped but I still cannot do the leaves as they are all so wet.
have heard nothing more about Barry which is good.
yesterday went down town to meet some friends and that was not as packed as I thought it would be.
Dian glad you had a good dinner at the club.
Pauline does anyone know what happened to Jo JO?
I see you are getting back to normal now. Please tell Maria I got her card yesterday and hope that everything goes ok with her. It is the waiting
that is the worst. I had to wait 9 days after I had my thyroid lump removed to see whether it was cancer, which luckily it was not.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:32 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 21 A_zpsd17Pauline nice gif of our ladies who have  past on......greatly missed
Yes do hope all goes well for Maria.....must be so difficult for her. Gennie will be looking forward to your visit and pleased to be getting some chores done by you........hope Maria can make it too. See you are busy as ever with the house so you will be so glad to have it all finished.Yes having the perm does make a big difference.
Jean good no more news about Barry so do hope he is improving. Nice to meet up with friends Yes that would have been tough waiting on your results but such a relief when you got the good news
Rita do hope you have had a pleasant day
Well got a small washing done this morning then I had to pop into town which I could have done without as had plenty to do .I had got my bill from M&S saying I owed them money but knew I had paid it so was so annoyed as had to hunt the receipt and felt so happy when I did finally manage to track it down.The lady in M&S was so relaxed about it saying that happens at certain time of the month with accounts but cheerily said see you owe nothing.....grrrrr Embarassed I popped into Macdonalds for a happy meal and did enjoy that then did another bit of shopping in TJ Hughes When I got to the ground floor discovered I had a bag missing so galloped back up to top floor and so relieved bag still sitting on counter so was so pleased then just came home.Turned out quite a pleasant day  weather wise now really must get finger out and do some more housework.
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:54 am
Hello Everyone - Page 21 Iwoynt10Good Morning Ladies.

Yesterday finished all of the downstairs - a place for everything and everything in its place - and so glad that is over.  Curtains up in bathroom at last and can stop draping the towel over the window.  Still 10 minutes more work to do in my bedroom and the ironing board is still up in the spare bedroom and in on and off use, but when I get back from Gennie's today, will crack on up there.  Yesterday had a pause in the work because friend Anne called in to see me so had a cuppa and a catch up for an hour.  Before Anne retired she was a medical secretary at one of the health centres and has also had reason to go to the oncology department herself at the General and while she was here it was when Maria phoned and Anne asked who the consultant was and Maria told her it was David Hunter and Anne said that he is one of the best and so straightforward and will answer any questions truthfully which helped to reassure Maria.  She is coming with me to see Gennie this morning and meeting her at 10.  Tomorrow I definitely need to use the perm and got to write my list for Rugby and have already started getting things together for packing - clothes to be decided on. Rita made me laugh in one of her emails, she said that at least I wouldn't have any spring cleaning to do and I answered and said that was true, but now I had to seriously start that decorating in the dining room/kitchen. The dust got everywhere during that installation with big holes appearing where doors and windows had been and mirrors and pictures had to come down off of the walls and had to dust behind them.

Jean, still raining again and see we have flood warnings for the East Midlands and East Anglia and looking at the forecast for the next few days, I might just be able to get both of those cherry trees sprayed (with that special treatment oil) Monday morning before I leave - sunshine forecast for then - and I need to do them in December during a dry day and haven't had much chance of that.  Then need to do them again early Spring before the leaves open - any chance of a drier Spring do you reckon???  Still leaves to clear up here, but far too wet.  Hopefully not hearing anything further about Barry, means he might be improving.  See you managed to get out yesterday to meet friends in town.  I did put on here the information that Claire (Joan's daughter) put on Facebook about the day and time of the funeral and managed to get a card posted in time.   Will tell Maria that you got her card when I see her today and at least she knows now that the biopsy seemed to confirm that the tumour was still confined to the liver and her chemo would start in the new year.  As you say, waiting time is the worse and they were spot on when they said 2 weeks wait for the results and it was exactly two weeks.  Thankfully yours turned out well.

Dian, glad you liked the gif of Pat and Joan.  When Groupbox closed so quickly I had no time to get any other photos down from that site of Pat and just that one available.  Doing that perm tomorrow will make me feel so much better - we all feel better after our hair is in order.  See you got some washing done yesterday (and me too) and then had to go into town and sort out that mistake by M & S and what a good job you had the receipt, otherwise you would have ended up with a problem - it does make me so annoyed when these things happen with these companies and it just shouldn't.  Bet you did enjoy that Happy Meal when you could relax after that and what a good job you realised you had left a bag on the counter in TJHughes before you got out of the shop and it was still there.  Hope you got on well with the housework you planned to do.

Rita, hope your week is going well and now I must away and try and get my hair in decent shape, which is going to take some work as it is all soft and floppy - hair gel needed urgently.  Will try and get some photos on here of how the house looks now it is tidy once again, later on.  Have a good day everyone. 
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:04 pm
Dian so glad you got that bag back. I am sure we have all done that. once when going to London I left my camera in the toilet, luckily it was there when I went back.
I just wish we had TJ Hughes still.
No news about Barry so that is good.
David says he is under the weather today, and so I am very tired worrying about him. been to tescos in the monsoon again
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum