Nifty Fifties Plus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Pauline
Pauline
Admin
https://nifty-fifties.forumotion.com

Hello Everyone - Page 40 Empty Re: Hello Everyone

Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:12 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 40 Luxdxp10Hi Ladies, another day in the garden and more plants put into pots and placed out in the garden and just three baskets to go.

Luckily Rachel managed to arrange to see about the laptops today over at Southfields and they both called in to see me, bringing their lunch with them and also bought me some Muller rice with them.  We had a good chat in the sunshine in the garden for an hour and then they had to get over to Duston (another area of Northampton) to deliver another laptop to one of the clients who is on a course with  the company that Rachel works for.  After they had gone I decided it was too hot so went upstairs and had a rest for a while and watched one of the recorded Midsommer Murders and had a nap and then continued on with the garden about 5 and have just come in.  Dinner is cooking - chicken kiev in the oven and doing mix veg and mash with that in the microwave.  Looks as though it is going to be cloudy tomorrow with some rain in the evening, but should be able to get more done outside tomorrow.  Will almost be glad when we get a rainy day so I can get cracking with the housework (badly need to catch up with that).

Jean. there is a way around getting the Title Deeds, just apply to the Land Registry (I know it will cost), but they will send out a copy - the council know that and should have told your nephew.  See they aren't slow in wanting to get the house on the market for sale and that should be your aunt's job and if she isn't capable, then it would be her nephew's job, if he is her next of kin and would have been named in the Will to inherit the property at the time of her death. Anyway, why the council are rushing is a waste of time because property sales aren't going through at the moment.  Also when the assessment of the care home charges are done, they are supposed to leave off the first 12 weeks to give the person time to adjust and get things sorted.  That is why I had the family property trust sorted to avoid the sale of the property if I ever have to go into a home.  Hope your sister-in-law can get the problem sorted with the dogs.  See you got the washing out early as it was such a lovely day.

Rita, see you managed to get your walk in today - think you are right about keeping talking (or perhaps singing  Smile ) to keep our vocal chords exercised.  Yes, the plants do seem to be coming back into places like B & M, Lidls and Aldis and hopefully they might allow the garden centres to open again soon, so hopefully Peter can get you some more plants to take over from the Spring ones.

Dian, I like the begonias (and it is only the small ones I bought) and think they give a lovely show of colour.  Funnily enough Rachel doesn't like them, but then she is terrible with taking care of plants and I did say to her today, they do need watering  Rolling Eyes and as you can see, they managed to get down here today.  Yes, it isn't the same other people doing shopping for you and you must be missing being able to get out and do your own and it is good to have a chat with people (even if it is at a distance) and see your son called in and put the things out in the bin for you.  Hope you enjoy the Maid of Manhatten later.

I did stop in the middle of this post, because the meal was cooked and I enjoyed it and now I am off for a bath and bed and catch up with some more recorded tv (looking forward to the new series of Van der Valk).  Sleep well ladies xx.        
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:39 am
Pauline this property is not registered with the land registry which had created the problem. hopefully my nephew will come up with something today as he works
for the council. these greedy lot want to have their cake and eat it.
I have not looked at the new Van der  Valk as yet.
it is dullish here today. shall have to put on a coat for the dog walk.
Boris is back and we shall whether things improve.
I have ordered some DVS so shall watch them this week. David has his head in the paper as always and nothing gets done until he reads it.
Of course the coffee has arrived.
Grandson and I both has this tickle thing in the throat for one day, his in the day and mine at night. strange, we have not been near each other
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:22 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 40 Fairy_10Well that meal I had last night certainly didn't suit me as I woke up about 3 in the morning with such a bad attack of indigestion and it has left me feeling really washed out today.  All I have had so far is a couple cups of coffee, one banana and a few dry crackers and starting to feel better, but having been in the garden all day, I am now sneezing due to hayfever.  I really put the effort in today and finished putting in all of the new plants and completed the hanging baskets, because the rain is now forecast, so finished up everything that was urgent and the rest of it (like laying that last paver, mowing the grass again, trimming some of the shrubs and general tidying) can wait until the dryer weather arrives again.  Looking forward to actually blitzing the house and getting things straight indoors.  Gennie phoned today and she is okay and waiting to hear from Maria.

Jean, how unusual to find a property that isn't yet registered with the Land Registry.  Seeing as that department was founded in the 1860s it is most unusual to come across one not registered.  That only happens if the property has been in the same family for generations and never been sold, because if there has been a sale of it since then, then it is supposed to have been registered.  Anyway hope the Title deeds are found and it is soon sorted for the family.  I haven't seen Van der Valk yet, but got it recorded and will catch up on it later in the week.  Yes it has been dull today, but suited me so I could work quickly in the garden and finish the urgent jobs.  Think the tickly throats are just due to the amount of pollen about, but with rain due then the hayfever should subside.  Yes Boris is back, but being very firm about the lock down continuing, so enjoy those DVDs.

Hi to you Dian and Rita and hope all of you had a pleasant day.
Ritadonni
Ritadonni

Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:10 pm
Lost another one. Gone before  I coukd tick send.  Daughter in law  feeling well now but tested at care home where she works part time before she went back and tested positive. Gr dsughter back st work will get tested now  testing kits at hospital where she works.
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:31 am
Hello Everyone - Page 40 Qthmeh10Hi Ladies.  Well the rain arrived when it was needed and I finished everything urgent in the garden that needed doing.  No plants left to put in, just waiting for the seeds to sprout (which have started).  Any other maintenance jobs, tidying, cutting back and mowing can be done when it is dry again.  Decision made about today, I will do a bit of washing up, done one load of washing and will sort out the finances, but other than that I am going to have a thoroughly lazy day and catch up on the recorded t v.  I am halfway through Van der Valk and am enjoying that and will go back to finish that after posting on here.  Emails and surveys all up-to-date too.  Think I deserve a day off from work and will start on the housework tomorrow.

Rita, how annoying losing your first post.  Well it would be good if Peter could be tested too and even if your granddaughter tests clear, will they allow her back to work in the hospital?  Taking into account that her Mum is still positive and I suppose she has to stay home again.  Lets hope they are all clear of it soon.

Hi to you Dian and Jean and now I am away to get a late breakfast and feet up again and finish watching Van der Valk.  I did notice that there was a hint of the original music (Eye Level) in the theme music for this series.

Hope all of you have a good day despite the rain.

Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:19 am
Pauline glad you are feeling better now. and enjoying the rain. this is most needed, but that means being stuck in here.
when I use to work for the solicitor most of the properties were not registered with the Land Registry but this is going back to 1954/59 when I left.
have not heard from nephew.
had a call from the insurance company, had sent an email to the dr but no reply as yet, so now have to get out in the car and put a letter in there
as they want the claim form completed, although it is not relevant....
strange that James and I also had that cough for one day.
Rita hope your family gets tested so they know whether or not they have had it and contacts are followed up.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:14 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 40 6ujrhj11 Pauline you will be pleased garden all up to date so enjoy your day I enjoyed Van der Valk .We had some rain yesterday at tea time but has been dry here so far but chilly Think your due a day of rest
Jean do hope you get your insurance sorted. Hope you have had a good day
Rita will be good for your family to be tested then you will know what needs done
Well pleased cut my back grass yesterday just at tea time and pleased as rain fell just after i had got it finished. So far dry today but chilly.Now will go and tidy upstairsHave a good day all
Ritadonni
Ritadonni

Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:34 pm
Sorry I have nothing to say. Was up in the night, I sleep at wrong times. now have no sense of time at all.  Slept  again this  afternoon , just could not keep up.  Had typing chat with Leigh in Canada ,she is terribly worried about her lifelong friend In Cambridge  who has been totally paralysed with MS for years and now has other problems and is in Addenbrookes. In ordinary circumstances I would have gone to see her at Cambridge, her 3 sons are in London.  Such sad times.

I know I  am fortunate to be warm and comfortable and able to look out and see people passing, although few today as very wet and breezy.

Jean, I think we all have tickly dry throats with being housebound, not getting out in fresh air.

Dian, you are doing well getting grass cut, this present lot of rain will nourish it and make it grow faster.

Pauline, unusual for you to have a lazy day indoors, I hope you can settle and enjoy it.
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:03 am
so far have not heard from doctor the one who said we could not go on holiday. we do not know whether he is there or no. David put another letter in their box yesterday
and found out that they have two entrances now, one has a amber sign on it and the other red. their car park was full.
it is a dull day today still damp hoping to get the dog out early.
Rita it was some kind of bug we both had with the coughing, and do not know where that came from. do not usually have a cough.
Pauline hope you are catching up with your DVDs and also that Maria and Gennie are ok.
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:17 pm
  A lot of people in this area had been complaining about losing the internet, but until now I have only had to put up with slow connections, but first thing this morning it was down and then it came back and I got on and dealt with some urgent things in case I lost it again, like transferring some money from current into savings account, so I got the extra interest before the end of the month (although this has lowered) and then left it for a while.  Came back on here about an hour ago and had just done a long post to you all, including a lot of photos and was just completing answering all of your posts and away it went and since getting it back, I have lost the entire post.  Well as it is back again I have managed to do this quick post, but I need to go and get some lunch and plough on with that housework and just hopefully get back to you all later and repeat what I originally went to post.  Have a good day ladies.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:18 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 40 D3f2uy17 Pauline so annoying when you loose a post.Annoying too when comp plays up for whatever reason .Good you got important work finished before it crashed again.I,m sure you will have caught up in your housework too.Hope Maria doing well also Gennie
Jean hope you do finally get your insurance sorted soon Good your cough has gone.Hope you got Coco out before rain arrived
Rita yes it is very boring but good you got to talk to your daughter.Hope your having a good day
Dry just now but very cold and was raining earlier on. Nothing really new or interesting to report
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:43 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 40 L1fhxs11Well I know I am posting this evening, but that was the gif I got ready this morning, so still using it.  What I am going to do (because of the dodgy internet) I am going to answer you all first and do it on Word Pad and then copy and paste it onto here, just incase this flies away again.  

Dian, I enjoyed Van der Valk too and reckon it is going to be a good series.  Very pleased I got all of the urgent stuff done in the garden and the rain has done it good - all looking well.  I certainly did enjoy the rest day also.  See you got your back grass done last thing evening before last just before rain arrived, so well done with that.  See you were going to have a tidy upstairs yesterday and hope that went well.  Nowhere caught up on the housework today, but the lounge has been dusted and vacuumed and looking better once more.  All filing put away in there and what with getting things out of the understairs cupboard for the garden (ornaments in boxes, plant food etc., in bags) it was stood about the dining room and gradually got into the lounge - well it is all in the dining room now, so got that to tackle tomorrow.  See it is wet and colder you way and the heating is back on in my house.

Jean, yes it did mean being stuck in because of the rain, but plenty for me to do.  I was doing the most of my legal work in the late 50s and well into the 60s and it was in the London area and most properties we dealt with were already registered, except for a few clients who were wealthy and their houses had been with generations of their families and of course, the famous Stately Homes still aren't registered as most of them have never been sold.  See David put another letter through the surgery door yesterday and lets hope the doctor gets back in touch so you can get that insurance claim sorted.  Hope you are enjoying your DVDs.  Just spoken to Maria and she has managed at last to get the blood test at the Three Shires shifted to Friday then she is seeing the hospital doctor on Monday and hopefully chemo on Tuesday.  Gennie is okay too and now has a lighter smaller  wheelchair which means she can get into her kitchen and do some cooking and see to her own laundry and she is asking the council to build a ramp over the threshold between the lounge and the kitchen to make it easier getting in there.  

Rita that is such sad news about Leigh's friend and of course, no visitors to see her as her sons live in London and can understand Leigh being upset about it all.  I am not worrying about when I sleep or get up, just pack up what I am doing when I feel tired, so don't you worry about sleep patterns.  I certainly did settle into the lazy day and enjoyed it.

Okay now I have answered you all so I am going to copy this from Word Pad and paste it onto Nifties and then will do another post telling you what I got upto yesterday.  Enjoy your evening all of you.

Last edited by Pauline on Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:51 am; edited 2 times in total
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:33 pm
Well this one I am posting directly onto the site, as it includes photos and can't put them on Word Pad, so hope the internet doesn't disappear on me.

Yesterday I did do a few jobs in the middle of the lazy day, but not hard physical work. Finished seeing the rest of Van der Valk and also caught up on a couple of Midsommer Murders and saw the first two lots of Normal People. The few jobs I did were washing up, one lot of washing, sorted out the finances so today I could transfer some savings from Current to the Savings account, so I get some extra interest for doing this before the end of the month (not that the interest is that good at the moment, but worth earning something). When I did that shopping on Saturday I managed to get another lot of reduced beef mince in Lidls and a nice tray of 4 large chicken legs, so cooked all of that and had one of the chicken legs for a meal last evening with potatoes and veg and have had one cold for lunch today. Also had one lot of minced beef with mash and mixed veg this evening.

First thing I took some photos of the garden in the rain from upstairs, plus a few at ground level of the up-to-date work in the garden.

Hello Everyone - Page 40 P1130038 Hello Everyone - Page 40 P1130039 Hello Everyone - Page 40 P1130040 Hello Everyone - Page 40 P1130041 Hello Everyone - Page 40 P1130042 Hello Everyone - Page 40 P1130043 Hello Everyone - Page 40 P1130044 Hello Everyone - Page 40 P1130045 Hello Everyone - Page 40 P1130046 Hello Everyone - Page 40 P1130047 Hello Everyone - Page 40 P1130048 Hello Everyone - Page 40 P1130049

In the second row you can see how close to the road my garden is, so it was quite disconcerting when that fence was down and the photo next to it shows how the road goes down to meet the main road at the bottom (bus route) and that mini roundabout certainly doesn't do much to cut down on the collisions.  First one in the third row I took looking the other way and behind the massive tree is a row of 4 houses opposite me and then you can see a row of 3 houses after that and it is just at the end of those three houses the bus stop is situated, so not far for me to walk to that.  In the third row is the view of Henry and the cockerel opposite my side window and at the bottom of that photo is the rose I took the photo of - bit blurry because there were raindrops on the window.  Fourth row shows the squirrel in between two newly potted pots and I must get the ceramic planters out to put some of the pots in and add a bit more colour to the garden.  Next row is a photo of the peacock that Stephen and Rachel bought as one of the presents for my birthday.  Fifth row shows two views of the newly planted baskets - bit sparce at the moment, but they will soon fill out and get covered with the new plants.  The bottom row shows my lovely Mock Orange blossom in the front garden and I really do love that plant when it is out in flower and besides that, the leaves are always a lovely shade of green and next to that photo is some more foliage in the front, doing well.

Hopefully I can get this finished and posted without it disappearing on me.
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:01 am
thanks for all those photos Pauline I can see it in my minds eye having been there. Mock orange does have a lovely smell if I get it right.
Nothing from the drs of course.
Yesterday we were on another planet no phone calls, nobody on dog walk, and the day seemed long. did some bits and bobs and today am
going through the dresser shelves. David cannot do much and it is driving him mad. even getting up the steps to the garage gave him some exercise
Rita sorry to hear about your daughters friend.
Dian it looks like rain here, in fact it is forecast, but what do they know. have put the washing out with instructions for David to tell me if it rains
I am in the dining room and cannot see.(he could not get it in fast enough)
Did you see Capt. Tom this morning on BBC< that CHarlie said Sir Tom three times, but nothing was mentioned about it later.
lovely man
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:35 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 40 Nyu4ei10Jean I heard that too, him referred to as Sir and as far as this country is concerned, so he should be too.  I was thinking that probably he would be on Pride of Britain and now know that he has already received that award this morning.  What an incredible man and such determination.  I took another shot from the tv of the Spitfire and Hurricane and was hoping they would come back over this way to their base, but no such luck, so had to be content with the tv.  When I was in my teens and my Mum and I would drive out to Kent, we would often pass Biggin Hill and at that time there used to be a Spitfire and a Hurricane parked up either side of the main gates - could you imagine that now?  Probably some waste of space would have them away for scrap metal  Sad .  Anyway I got this shot of the two planes.

Hello Everyone - Page 40 P1130051 absolutely awesome.

Glad you liked the photos Jean and thought I would take them before the grass got too high again and of course, with all of this rain it is growing and needs cutting again.  Nothing from the doctors yet for you, which is such a nuisance and means you cannot get on with the claim yet.  I don't mind being trapped here, because I can certainly find a lot that needs doing, but see you are finding it hard to keep occupied and know how you love to get out most days and yesterday must have been boring for you both.  I hope David gave you warning in time, because it has certainly rained heavily here again, so hope you rescued the washing.  

The hat and bag have arrived at last and here is me (no make up and in my old working jumper) modelling them and am really pleased with them as they match the outfit so well:-

Hello Everyone - Page 40 P1130052.

I have also been spending again this morning as I was after a proper cover for the garden furniture and found what I was after on Amazon and that has cost £22.99, but had £40 in vouchers in there, earned from surveys, so that didn't take down the bank balance.  Well I must away and get on with the housework - have started on the dining room end and also stripped the bed and got that lot washed - must remember to make the bed next.

Expect you will post later Dian and Rita and hope you all have a good day despite being trapped in and us getting miserable weather.

Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:44 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 40 Flower23 Pauline loved all your photos.Garden looking a treat so its worth all the hard work you have done.......just noticed today my 2 apple trees have  both got blossom on them.You certainly get through a lot of work.Well done you
Jean hope the rain stayed away for your washing and do hope get word back from your Doctor soon
Rita yes must be hard for your daughter worrying about her friend......do hope she improves
Not a good day for me just a bit down but it will pass Crying or Very sad No reason just one of those days.Still sitting in night clothes so going to have a shower .It has been raining but has brightened up some.Loved your photo of the planes Pauline I did watch it this morning and surely they must knight him now Wishing you all a good day

-------

https://nifty-fifties.forumotion.com/viewtopic.php?t=17
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum