Nifty Fifties Plus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down

Tuesday Greeting Empty Tuesday Greeting

Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:23 am
Good morning all. Today is not as sunny as it was yesterday but if it stays dry I will be happy as I have another hospital appointment today at 1pm with my gynecologist. I also have to ring DVLA as they want me to have an eye test before they renew my driving license. They want it done within 4 weeks but SpecSavers says they can’t do it for a month because of the cataract Op I have just had done. I hope I don’t end up not being able to drive as I live in a village with a very poor bus service and I can’t walk far.Crying or Very sad I hope everyone manages to join up here and find their way around. It is not the easiest one to navigate but if you check frequently asked questions you can usually find the answer to any difficulty you might be having. Have a nice day all x
Joy
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Tuesday Greeting Empty Re: Tuesday Greeting

Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:20 pm
Hi Joy
hope things work out for you. perhaps your opticians could write to the DVLA and explain. there are not many buses around here, they
have mostly been taken off. we have a bus stop behind our garage, but not buses.
my washing got caught in the rain. it will be out there fore ages now.
Jean
Pauline
Pauline
Admin
https://nifty-fifties.forumotion.com

Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:52 pm
Hi Joy, hope you get all that medical stuff sorted and in particular the DVLA.  Well we have had rain today, so don't think it would have been much different your way.  Yes I hope the rest of the members off of Facebook manage to join us here - as you say, bit difficult to navigate at first, but see you found a way of putting on a new heading - well done with that.

Jean I answered your email and you will see by now the trouble I had yesterday and it didn't get much better this morning, but will talk about that later.  Definitely not a day to get any washing dry and so annoying when it is hanging there soaked.  I reckon that is a good idea about asking the opticians to do a letter for the DVLA for Joy.

Well I was supposed to be potting up some indoor plants that had rooted, for club members tomorrow as a couple of them had asked for them - finally managed to dash out in one dry spell that didn't last for long and get them done and also managed to put some of my lily bulbs in a new planter for next year and now have to buy some more potting fibre to deal with the rest of them.  Today didn't get much better from yesterday - yesterday lost my key to the patio door and couldn't get in the house on return from the centre (never done before) and after checking everywhere I had been with no luck and asking the shops and centre security I finally ended up at the police station with Maria and her Spanish friend and they looked up some locksmiths for me.  First one was busy but second one said he would be there in 20 minutes, so left the police station and headed home and he arrived there just after us.  No drilling of the lock required and he managed to spray the lock and get it open and the police woman did say it might cost over £100, but he only charged £78 and that was well worth it for me to get back into my house.  Well today didn't get much better as one of the plastic milk bottles I bought yesterday was leaking, so emptied the contents into two containers and that of course took up more room in the door part where I usually stand any smoothies I make up, so they were standing in another part of the fridge and one of them fell out.  Broken glass and kiwi and banana smoothie over the floor, up the cupboard and up the inside of the fridge and also all over me - oh wonderful, such a big clear up job, so now hoping that no other disaster happens.

I was lucky with the ebay auctions yesterday and got another lot starting in about 20 minutes, so better stop typing and pay attention to them.  Sorry no time left to alter the size of the type or the colour.  Enjoy your evening all of you.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum