Nifty Fifties Plus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down

Wednesday Greeting Empty Wednesday Greeting

Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:36 am
Good morning from what seems to be a wet start to the day. Yesterday morning turned out to be a sunny one until I arrived at the hospital at 1 pm. While I was being weighed and having my blood pressure taken the nurse pointed to the window and said “Goodness me, just look at that rain!” It was bouncing down and hammering at the window. Thank goodness it waited until I got in the hospital. I was the first patient on my Rheumatologist’s afternoon list at 1 pm, so got in to see him on time. Unfortunately when he checked my blood test that I had done yesterday he found the inflammatory levels were still high. It seems the Rituximab infusion I had done 3 months ago has failed to do it’s job. I was not surprised as I have had a lot of pain and felt over tired for months. I have been on these infusions fo 10 years and they have been great until now, but it seems my body has now got used to them. I am now going to have to go on another drug which I will have to inject myself with. I am not happy about it, but really have no choice. I have had Rheumatoid Arthritis for 30 years and my age doesn’t help to fight it now. After the appointment I decided to nip into the BMW showroom that is just down the road from the hospital. I saw an ad somewhere about a 7 seater suv that they started producing two years ago. At the moment I am driving a Jeep Renegade. I have had it 4 years now and I love it. However as my health deteriorates I am thinking I will be relying more on Carl and Claire to drive me about and as they have 3 children a 7 seater is what we will need. The two extra seats at the back fold down when not in use leaving a really big boot which would fit an electric scooter or wheelchair easily, which I am also thinking of purchasing. I am determined to stay as independent as I can for as long as possible. However, I need to get my driving license renewed first, lol! Well I had better get up and prepare for the great-grandchildren coming this morning. Claire informed me it will only be Declan and Joseph as Poppy has stayed at her cousins for a sleep over. Claire has to work until lunchtime today so I am babysitting. I think I will be ready for an afternoon nap by the time she picks them up again. Pity it is going to be another wet day as I will have to amuse them indoors. Have a good day and stay dry.

Joy
Pauline
Pauline
Admin
https://nifty-fifties.forumotion.com

Wednesday Greeting Empty Re: Wednesday Greeting

Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:23 pm
Wednesday Greeting Hh2v6i10Well from your post Joy I can see what you have had to put up with and what a very determined lady you are.  I hope the new medication suits you and your body adjusts to the use of that.  Good idea about the vehicle and the fact that you are thinking ahead to when you might have to use a mobility scooter, but see you are determined to stay as independent as you can for as long as possible  Hope it stayed dry while you were looking after the children today.  As you say it was some real heavy downpours yesterday, but here today we have had some patchy sun, though mainly a very grey day, but dry.

Went to the club today and enjoyed a lunch of quiche and salad - three types of quiche so I had a slim piece of each and they were all delicious.  Linda who does the cooking does turn out some great meals.  No wins on the raffle for me, but all of my indoor plants got won and members were pleased with them.  Now since I have been home I have been catching up on the computer and one lot of items arrived from the Ebay auctions and am happy with them.  Back to the ironing which seems never ending at the moment, as fast as I finish it, there are a few more things that I have washed and dried, but am determined to finish that this evening and no more washing or ironing until I get back next week.  Sort out the list of things I need for Rugby this evening and start getting them together.

Enjoy your evening everyone.

P.S well at least I managed to get a gif on, but the fonts wouldn't alter size or colour, so a bit on the small side to read.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum