Nifty Fifties Plus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Hello Everyone - Page 3 Empty Re: Hello Everyone

Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:13 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

What a change in the weather from yesterday!  We had an early frost but that soon melted once the sun worked its charm.  We've had lovely sunshine ever since then.  It has been very cold, though.

David did the essential shopping early this morning.  I've done the gentle exercises for my neck and have been walking around the downstairs of our house.  I've tackled the cryptic crossword, but have a lot more clues to solve, which I'll attempt to do later this afternoon.  I've watched some TV and have done some reading.  I've also done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.

I had a phone call this morning regarding having my covid jab at home and it's now arranged for next Wednesday, 22 November, between 10am and 4pm, and given by a nurse.  Hooray!

PAULINE: Still very gloomy when you got up at 7 this morning, but seems to be brightening up at the moment, but forecast is for rain to arrive later in the day.

Yesterday you looked at the clothes you had hanging around in your bedroom, that had been worn only once or twice and decided that as you weren't going to the club next week or anywhere special and would be needing just work clothes for the next few days, you got on and washed that lot and this morning most of them are dry and you have put them away (none of them needing ironing thank goodness).  Having done that you then got all of the items downstairs that needed craft work being done on them and the items you needed for all of the artwork, so you were looking forwad to getting creative today.

Also got the delivery from the Ace catalogue - all three items arrived from Evri (and despite what some people say, you never do have any problems with their deliveries and your front door is tucked away in a corner).  Boots were a great fit with nice height block heel, duvet set just as shown and happy with that.  One item you hadn't mentioned that you ordered, was one of the soft, but firm sports bras and far more comfortable to wear when doing housework and the crafting you want to do - also so handy when gardening - and you are wearing that now and it is so comfortable and also quite a good support for the back.

Pauline, regarding our central heating system, what the company's "guru" did does seem to have worked (so far!) and the house is getting warmer now.  We're giving it a few days and seeing how it goes.  If it gets bad again, we'll have to ask the guru to come back.

You are making another cup of coffee and then on with the crafting.

JEAN:  Well had the test and now have to wait for the results.  The man is doing the fence now and Peanut is going mad.

I hope that Jean is having a good day and that Rita is in fine fettle.

Stay safe and well, everyone!

Lots of love from me to all!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Fri Nov 17, 2023 5:28 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 3 Dwisnx16

Well it has been such a lovely mild day here blue skies and some sun.

Pauline busy as ever and doing so well .Comfy bra sounds good .Well done in getting on with your crafting Good you got your items from Evri with no problems I too also have had no problem with Evri .hope your day went well

Barbara great you now have a date for your jab .Do hope thats your heating fixed .David got his essential shopping while you got on with your usual exercises and crossword .You watched some tv also got some reading done .

Jean hope you have had a good day

I had a nice day with my daughter and my friend.The shops are now getting quite busy .Could not believe that it was such a nice day for this time of year Have a good weekend all
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Sat Nov 18, 2023 1:48 pm
this morning  Igot woke up by the sound of water on the bedroom ceiling could not see anything but called builder who did not answer  Paul came round and looked in
the loft could not find anything was not very  pleased and went off
it is raining hard today
virgin fized a new phone which left me unable to use the printer so have to sort that out now
Barbara have you tried to bleed your radiators in case there is air i n there
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Sat Nov 18, 2023 2:55 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

Well what horrible weather we've been having today!  It rained in the night and went on into the early morning and it was so heavy!  On looking out of the window, it seems as if it's stopped now, or maybe it's just having a break.

David did the essential shopping early this morning.  I've done the gentle exercises for my neck and have been walking around the downstairs of our house.  I've tackled the cryptic crossword, but have a lot more clues to solve, which I'll attempt to do later this afternoon.  I've watched some TV and have done some reading.  I've also done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.

We had a power cut just after lunchtime but it couldn't have stayed off for much more than a minute.  Thanks goodness for that!  The first we knew of it was when my stairlift started clicking; and then I understood why the TV had suddenly switched itself off.

DIAN: Well it had been such a lovely mild day there yesterday, with blue skies and some sun.  You had a nice day with your daughter and your friend. The shops are now getting quite busy.  Could not believe that it was such a nice day for this time of year.

JEAN: This morning you got woke up by the sound of water on the bedroom ceiling.  Could not see anything but called builder who did not answer.  Paul came round and looked in the loft could not find anything.  Was not very  pleased and went off.

It is raining hard today.

Virgin fized a new phone which left you unable to use the printer so have to sort that out now.

David had tried to bleed the radiators but when the heating company "guru" came, he said there was no air in there.  He seemed at a bit of a loss as to what to do to remedy the situation but what he did do seems to have worked to some extent, as the house is a bit warmer now.  However, I still think that the new boiler isn't as good as the old one was.

I hope that Pauline is having a good day and that Rita is all right.

Stay safe safe and well, everyone!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Sat Nov 18, 2023 3:28 pm
[url=https://servimg.com/view/20102617/1560]Hello Everyone - Page 3 Hwfqtq36[/u
l]Pauline  I am sure you will be busy as ever .Well done in getting so much up to date .Hope the weather is a bit better today

Jean hope no more bother with noises on your ceiling .Good to know Paul could not see anything

Barbara good that your radiators  are warmer for you in the house.
David did the essential shopping while you got on with your usual exercises walking around the house also got some tv work and reading also work on the computer .Also gotwork on the crossword but will do more later

Well it is a right miserable morning here and looks as though it will rain all day..........Have a good weekend all
Pauline
Pauline
Admin
https://nifty-fifties.forumotion.com

Sat Nov 18, 2023 3:55 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 3 Rehvra10

Hi Everyone.  Yesterday it took most of the day to paint three wooden boxes ready for decoupaging and better to do several at once, giving the paint time to dry, before they can be turned.  There were three bases and 12 sides inside, 3 bases and 12 sides outside, plus 12 edges. so by the time I had got through the third one, it was time to get back and turn the first one and they all need 2 coats.  Unfortunately this morning I found another one, that still needs painting, so will tackle that before I do any further decorating, but I have got one done with the new craft paper and coated with the pva glue and here it is:-

Hello Everyone - Page 3 20231111

This morning I received those two new jumpers from Debenhams and am really happy with them, and as I have an Air Ambulance label for collection on Monday, I forced myself to go through more items for them.  Got rid of some DVDs, and some jumpers that although in good condition, I don't like the colour of, or are difficult to get over my head without disturbing hair style, plus there were a few things that are now too large for me, that were in the sewing for alteration, but decided against that job and those items have gone, so there is a nice large bag for collecton by them.  Early on Monday I will phone them to make sure that is collected, because so often you get people nicking the bags before the charity can get around.

Have received the last sewing aid I ordered from an Ebay supplier, so that is all the deliveries in and don't think I will need to order anything else for the moment and now just waiting for that letter from the surgery with the form.  I did notice when I opened the door for my Ace delivery, that there was an elderly gentleman measuring that dangerous wall, so with any luck that might get some attention soon, before it falls down.

Jean, hope you don't have too long to wait for the results of your test and the fence has been completed satisfactorily and is a good sturdy job against the storms we seem to be getting more of.  This morning you seemed to get heavier rain that I did here and that must have been a shock thinking you were hearing rain on the bedroom ceiling , but Paul came round and checked it and in the loft, but couldn't see anything, so hope all is okay with the roof.  Another problem to sort out because the printer hasn't been working since Virgin supplied you with the new phone, so hope you can get that sorted.  Always one thing or another to deal with.

Barbara, good weather for you yesterday, but totally different today with plenty of rain.  Good to read you now have the covid appointment booked at home for you - that is one problem out of the way.   Jean suggested there could be air in the rads and I thought it could be a build up of sludge, but you seem to be satisfied with what the head of that company did while he was there and the rads all see to be working better and the house warming up.  Good to read that the power cut was only for a short time.

Dian, you and I seem happy with the deliveries from Evri, but I always see so many complaints about deliveries being dropped off at wrong houses on our local Nextdoor site, but never happened to me and the jumpers from Debenhams arrived with their courier this morning (so he has called here twice this week). Good to read the weather was so good for your shopping trip with your daughter and friend yesterday and you noted how busy the shops are getting. Right miserable day for you today, but here it has been gloomy, but at least dry (think I got the rain here for a while at 5 in the morning). Thanks for the latest emails - loved those ones with the animals.

Despite the horrible weather I hope all of you are enjoying your weekend and I am off to pack a few more things in the bag for the Air Ambulance.
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Sun Nov 19, 2023 9:27 am
managed to get the printer on and now have to find a plug for the life  he suggested I get a lighted keyboard, but that would be beyond me.
been out for the walk but it started to rain. Off to lunch today
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Sun Nov 19, 2023 10:26 am
Hello Everyone - Page 3 Kjoyij11  Good Morning Ladies.  Don't know what I achieved yesterday - it seemed to disappear doing a lot of fiddly things, changing things around and a bit of tidying, but hope to do a bit more today.  I did start off this morning with sorting out the sewing things and doing a couple of items and the bag for the Air Ambulance is full up for tomorrow and that was one thing I did do a lot of sorting for yesterday.

Jean glad to read you got your printer working and enjoy your lunch today.

Hope Dian and Barbara you are also enjoying your Sunday.

Must away now and get on with being creative.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:34 am
[url=https://servimg.com/view/20102617/1561]Hello Everyone - Page 3 G_m_l_24[/rl
]Pauline well done with all your clearing out and good going to a good cause. Liked your finished box......pretty Do hope that wall will be sorted before there is an accident with it Well certainly  a lot more sorting out with your crafting .

Jean good fence all sorted .Great you got the printer all sorted and  that was good getting out for a walk. Enjoy your lunch out

Barbara do hope you and David are having a nice day with no problems

Not a pleasant morning but rain has gone off but do not think it will be off for long .Must try and get more leaves lifted today even if it rains as brown bin emptied tomorrow and is now half full with leaves Have a nice Sunday all .
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Sun Nov 19, 2023 5:03 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We had a lovely sunny start to the day but later on in the morning, the sky clouded over and it got really cold.  Fortunately it didn't rain.  It stayed like that for the rest of the day and now it's got very dark.

David went out to buy a newspaper and buy a few more items early this morning.  I've done the gentle exercises for my neck and have been walking around the downstairs of our house.  I haven't yet tackled the general knowledge crossword, but will attempt to do so later this afternoon.  I've watched some TV and have done some reading.  I've also done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.

DIAN: Well it was a right miserable morning there yesterday and looked as though it would rain all day.

Not a pleasant morning but rain had gone off but do not think it would be off for long.  Must try and get more leaves lifted today even if it rains as brown bin emptied tomorrow and is now half full with leaves.

PAULINE: On Friday it took most of the day to paint three wooden boxes ready for decoupaging and better to do several at once, giving the paint time to dry, before they can be turned.  There were three bases and 12 sides inside, 3 bases and 12 sides outside, plus 12 edges. So by the time you had got through the third one, it was time to get back and turn the first one and they all need 2 coats.  Unfortunately yesterday morning you found another one, that still needs painting, so will tackle that before you do any further decorating, but you have got one done with the new craft paper and coated with the pva glue.  Thank you for posting a photo of it.

Yesterday morning you received those two new jumpers from Debenhams and are really happy with them, and as you have an Air Ambulance label for collection on Monday, you forced myself to go through more items for them.  Got rid of some DVDs, and some jumpers that although in good condition, you don't like the colour of, or are difficult to get over your head without disturbing hair style, plus there were a few things that are now too large for you, that were in the sewing for alteration, but decided against that job and those items have gone, so there is a nice large bag for collection by them.  Early on Monday youwill phone them to make sure that is collected, because so often you get people nicking the bags before the charity can get around.

Have received the last sewing aid you ordered from an Ebay supplier, so that is all the deliveries in and don't think you will need to order anything else for the moment and now just waiting for that letter from the surgery with the form.  You did notice when you opened the door for your Ace delivery, that there was an elderly gentleman measuring that dangerous wall, so with any luck that might get some attention soon, before it falls down.

Despite the horrible weather you hope all of us are enjoying our weekend and after posting, you went off to pack a few more things in the bag for the Air Ambulance.

Don't know what you achieved yesterday - it seemed to disappear doing a lot of fiddly things, changing things around and a bit of tidying, but hope to do a bit more today.  You did start off this morning with sorting out the sewing things and doing a couple of items and the bag for the Air Ambulance is full up for tomorrow and that was one thing you did do a lot of sorting for yesterday.

After posting you got on with being creative.

JEAN: You managed to get the printer on and now have to find a plug for the life.  He suggested you get a lighted keyboard, but that would be beyond you.

Been out for the walk but it started to rain. Off to lunch today.

I hope that Rita is having a good day.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:22 am
Hello Everyone - Page 3 Zvvhlz10   Hi Ladies.  A lovely sunny and dry start to the day and hope it continues, because I want to go to the shopping centre to get some top up shopping - get out after posting this and back home again to continue on with the crafting.  Yesterday I did more of the crafting and also some more sewing repairs in the evening.  Tidied around with the vacuum downstairs, after doing a lot more cutting out for the decoupage and organised things a bit better, because I have Susi and Rachel calling here on Wednesday, so there is at least one table free for us to sit around.

I might just go into the Christmas shop in the centre today to see if they have any further paper for crafting that is suitable.  There was one there when I chose the previous one, that had Christmas decorated houses on and that might be suitable, but will look to see if there is anything else available in their cheaper paper also. I want to get into Tesco again, because I have the second week's voucher - spend £40 and get £4 off, plus I have two £10 vouchers obtained this week, from the survey firms, so my shopping shouldn't cost much more than about £20 and I will pick up a few more items for Christmas. I have had a look at their confectionery online and seen a couple of offers that I usually buy. I also need to go into Poundland, because they are the only shop that now seems to stock the liquer chocs that I like.  Hope I can keep off of them until Christmas Rolling Eyes

Dian, I too hope that now there is going to be action taken on that dangerous wall, but won't hold my breath and will continue to avoid walking past it while it is in that terrible state.  Seeing as the rain had stopped, I do hope you managed to get those leaves lifted and put in the bin, as that is due to be collected today and hope you enjoyed the rest of your Sunday.

Jean, hope you enjoyed your lunch out yesterday.

Barbara, yesterday started off nicely with sunshine, but unfortunately the sky clouded over and it got colder.  I must admit that over the last couple of days I have had to turn up my heating just slightly from minimum, because agree with you that the temperatures have dropped.  Usual things for you and David and hope you both enjoyed your weekend.

I phoned the Air Ambulance this morning and left a message, telling them that the bag was out for collection, because in the past this has often been missed.  Off now to do that shopping and hope you all have a good start to the week.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:07 am
Hello Everyone - Page 3 1i6fjy87
Pauline busy as ever and well done with vouchers from Tesco which is a big saving. You certainly have done well with all your crafting and hope you find what you a re looking for in poundland .Yes very wise to avoid that dangerous wall .Hope you  manage to get the paper you were looking for .Nice to have your visit on Wednesday from Rachel and Susi

Jean hope you are having a good day and hope you get to your club.Hope Barry is doing fine.

Barbara David got on with his usual shopping while you got on with your usual exercises and crosswords also computer work on your phone and laptop..Also watched some tv and got some reading done.
Yes afraid that time of year when it is very cold .

Well it is quite a pleasant morning so have got a small washing out but not much drying in the air Yesterday I did manage to get a lot more leaves lifted so hoping not much more to fall .
Wishing you all a nice day
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:18 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We had some early rain here today but then the sunshine arrived and it's been with us ever since.  However, it's still a bit chilly.

David went out early this morning to do the essential shopping.  I've done the gentle exercises for my neck and have been walking around the downstairs of our house.  I've tackled the cryptic crossword, but have still more to do on it and will attempt to do so later this afternoon.  I've watched some TV and have done some reading.  I've also done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.

PAULINE: A lovely sunny and dry start to the day and hope it continues, because you want to go to the shopping centre to get some top up shopping - get out after posting this and back home again to continue on with the crafting.  Yesterday you did more of the crafting and also some more sewing repairs in the evening.  Tidied around with the vacuum downstairs, after doing a lot more cutting out for the decoupage and organised things a bit better, because you have Susi and Rachel calling here on Wednesday, so there is at least one table free for us to sit around.

You might just go into the Christmas shop in the centre today to see if they have any further paper for crafting that is suitable.  There was one there when you chose the previous one, that had Christmas decorated houses on and that might be suitable, but will look to see if there is anything else available in their cheaper paper also. You want to get into Tesco again, because you have the second week's voucher - spend £40 and get £4 off, plus you have two £10 vouchers obtained this week, from the survey firms, so your shopping shouldn't cost much more than about £20 and you will pick up a few more items for Christmas. You have had a look at their confectionery online and seen a couple of offers that you usually buy. You also need to go into Poundland, because they are the only shop that now seems to stock the liquer chocs that you like.  You hope you can keep off of them until Christmas.

You phoned the Air Ambulance this morning and left a message, telling them that the bag was out for collection, because in the past this has often been missed.  After posting, you went off to do that shopping.

DIAN:  Well it was quite a pleasant morning so have got a small washing out but not much drying in the air.  Yesterday you did manage to get a lot more leaves lifted so hoping not much more to fall.

I hope that Jean is all right and that Rita is having a good day.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:24 am
went up the centre yesterday and saw Barry  he is very frail. did not know where he had slept the night before. he was at his daughters

one of the ladies fell down and they got her up with a blow up mat as they are not allowed to touch her
it is dull and raining today
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:31 am
Hello Everyone - Page 3 Xvpvrn11
 Good Morning All.   I have just completed going through the surveys that have arrived and did a couple that were suitable for me.  Although they can be boring, I do earn out of them and that was £20 off of the bill yesterday at Tescos with two of those vouchers, plus the £4 from Tescos, so my bill of 40.41, only cost me £16.41 and that was a real bonus, seeing as I bought quite a few of the Christmas chocs and alcohol (on offer) I needed, along with the top up shopping.

I also called in Poundland and got the liquer chocs I like, plus a few other items and found some more paper for crafting in the Christmas shop, also got the usual cod liver oil tabs from Savers and some foam rollers I have been looking out for. When I got home I put it all away, got a quick meal (one of my home cooked frozen ones with mashed  potatoes) and then a hot bath early and got on with cutting out more of the paper for decoupage, while catching up with the  recorded t v.

I must admit that the shopping trips, do seem to take it out of me these days and I had a very restless and pain filled night, so up early this morning and have taken a couple more pain killers.  One bit of good news is that I found a text message on my phone from  the surgery, to say that I would soon be hearing from the Three Shires hospital, Hip Clinic, so that sounds hopeful.  That is a private hospital opposite Northampton General and they often help out with referrals from the General.  The chair of our Residents Association said that 4 years ago he had an NHS hip replacement op done there 4 years ago and all has been well since - so hope it goes the same way for me.

Apparently he had chased again about that dangerous wall, so I was able to let him know that measurements were being taken the other day.  He has also booked the community room, they are now using, for a couple of hours during the day, so that those of us that don't want to get there on dark nights might be able to get there for a quick meeting before the main one in the evening, but unfortunately that is out for me, because I usually have the club on Monday afternoons and I don't think, even if it was on a different day, I would be able to make those 3 steep slopes going up from the bus stop.

Air Ambulance got back to me as collection had been missed and they have arranged for a pick up on Thursday, so this morning I have gone through things again and this time forced myself to wrap up some ornaments for them, plus as I might be going into hospital, that made me look at the night clothes and there were some good sets of pyjamas that I don't wear now, so they got turned out and decided that I did have enough good sets of night wear for any hospital stay - so two jobs sorted at the same time.

Dian, as you can see from above I was really happy with the shopping trip at that lower cost and yes, did get the paper I wanted.  Having cut out more, I will be doing some more of the crafting today.  Looks as though we just might be getting some action on that wall and was happy to get that text message about the future appontment at the hospital.  Yes, looking forwad to seeing Rachel and Susi here tomorrow and that is a long time since they have met and talked, so fingers crossed that goes smoothly.  Good to read you did get more of the leaves lifted on Sunday and not that many more left to fall.  Same here and thankfully that includes the tree that overhangs my garden, but leaf blower is needed again and I might try and get that done today.  See you got some washing out yesterday, but not much drying getting done

Barbara, at least the rain cleared yesterday and you got the sunshine back.  We had that first thing, but although it stayed dry, it got gloomy again for a while. David got the essential shopping done early and you got on with your neck exercises and walking around downstairs.  You had tackled the crossword and going back to that later, plus did some reading and watch t v.

Jean, sad news about Barry, getting so forgetful, but see that his daughter takes good care of him, plus the attention from you.,  That sounds like a useful piece of equipment for lifting that lady that fell.

Enjoy the rest of your day Ladies and I am away to get on with the list of jobs.
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Tue Nov 21, 2023 4:01 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We did have some rain early this morning but it soon cleared away.  However, it's remained cloudy all day and very chilly, and I think the sun has gone on its holiday to Spain!

David did the essential shopping early this morning and I've done the gentle exercises for my neck and have been walking around the downstairs of our house.  I'll be tackling the cryptic crossword later on this afternoon.  I've watched some TV and have done some reading.  I've also done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.  David went into Addiscombe to see if he could buy some Simple deodorants but they seem to have been discontinued.  I think he'll have to try a different brand.  I phoned the hospital about my appointment at the Pain Clinic to have the injection into the base of my spine, as I was told the waiting list was 12 weeks, which will take me into December, which isn't long away now.  However, I had to leave a message and am now awaiting a phone call back.  I need to know the date and time of the appointment as it's no good them giving me an early morning one. I take longer to get ready in the mornings now; not only that, but I have to be ready to leave the house two hours before my appointment time, because the only way I can now get to the hospital is by hospital transport.  David has been upstairs playing with his model railway.  He has now made hot drinks for us and is watching a Western on the TV.

JEAN: You went up the centre yesterday and saw Barry.  He is very frail and did not know where he had slept the night before.  He was at his daughters.  One of the ladies fell down and they got her up with a blow up mat as they are not allowed to touch her.  Those 2 things are all very sad, Jean.

It is dull and raining today.

PAULINE: On posting, you had just completed going through the surveys that had arrived and did a couple that were suitable for you.  Although they can be boring, you do earn out of them and that was £20 off of the bill yesterday at Tescos with two of those vouchers, plus the £4 from Tescos, so your bill of 40.41, only cost you £16.41 and that was a real bonus, seeing as you bought quite a few of the Christmas chocs and alcohol (on offer) you needed, along with the top up shopping.

You also called in Poundland and got the liquer chocs you like, plus a few other items and found some more paper for crafting in the Christmas shop, also got the usual cod liver oil tabs from Savers and some foam rollers you have been looking out for. When you got home you put it all away, got a quick meal (one of your home cooked frozen ones with mashed  potatoes) and then a hot bath early and got on with cutting out more of the paper for decoupage, while catching up with the  recorded t v.

You must admit that the shopping trips, do seem to take it out of you these days and you had a very restless and pain filled night, so up early this morning and have taken a couple more pain killers.  One bit of good news is that you found a text message on your phone from the surgery, to say that you would soon be hearing from the Three Shires hospital, Hip Clinic, so that sounds hopeful.  That is a private hospital opposite Northampton General and they often help out with referrals from the General.  The chair of our Residents Association said that 4 years ago he had an NHS hip replacement op done there 4 years ago and all has been well since - so hope it goes the same way for you.

Apparently he had chased again about that dangerous wall, so you were able to let him know that measurements were being taken the other day.  He has also booked the community room, they are now using, for a couple of hours during the day, so that those of you that don't want to get there on dark nights might be able to get there for a quick meeting before the main one in the evening, but unfortunately that is out for you, because you usually have the club on Monday afternoons and you don't think, even if it was on a different day, you would be able to make those 3 steep slopes going up from the bus stop.

Air Ambulance got back to you as collection had been missed and they have arranged for a pick up on Thursday, so this morning you went through things again and this time forced yourself to wrap up some ornaments for them, plus as you might be going into hospital, that made you look at the night clothes and there were some good sets of pyjamas that you don't wear now, so they got turned out and decided that you did have enough good sets of night wear for any hospital stay - so two jobs sorted at the same time.

After posting, you went to get on with the list of jobs.

I hope that Dian is all right and that Rita is having a good day.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Tue Nov 21, 2023 5:59 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 3 8218a212
I got a nice surprise this morning as granddaughter phoned me and said she would pick me up and take me to her house where we had a nice cup of tea and I got a nice welcome from the greyhound. Then we went to a nice pub for a nice meal also a nice pink gin .then a nice drive through farmland to granddaughters house for a nice cup of tea then she took me home.It was near 6pm so just catching up with myself
Now off to feed the cat  and do hope all have had a nice day........Should catch up tomorrow
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:08 am
it is duol and dark here yet again  going to take dog out in a little while. went to club yest4erday and made a bracelet. not that I need it....
I do not know why I cannot type properly now so excuse mistakes  found a letter at 8am in the door.l do not know if that was the postman
still heard nothing from hospital so must be ok
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Wed Nov 22, 2023 2:20 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 3 63708426
Pauline that really was a good saving with your vouchers .Well do hope you manage to get your hip done soon  .Hope all went smoothly with Rachel and Susi .See you will need the leaf blower out again but great that it is a big help .Well certainly doing well with your crafting and clear outs .Hope your hip not giving you much trouble.

Jean good you are still getting out. Sad to hear about Barry but good he is getting looked after

Barbara hope you and David are having a nice day with no problems .Do hope you get your transport all sorted for your hospital visit

Hope all is good with Rita

Not long in from the WED club .Today I had a nice win on 3 different games on the same card.......£35 so was pleased with that .So far weather is dry. Now off for a nice cuppa .
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Wed Nov 22, 2023 4:03 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We've had a dry day here today and have seen some sunshine but it's dulled over now.  It gets dark very  early now.

David did the essential shopping early this morning and I've done the gentle exercises for my neck and have been walking around the downstairs of our house.  I'll be tackling the cryptic crossword later on this afternoon.  I've watched some TV and have done some reading.  I've also done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.  Two nurses came here today to give me the Covid jab.  I'm glad that's all sorted once again.  David has just gone upstairs to play with his model railway.  We  had a long wait for the nurses to come here but it was worth it to have the jab.

DIAN: You got a nice surprise yesterday morning as granddaughter phoned you and said she would pick you up and take you to her house where you had a nice cup of tea and you got a nice welcome from the greyhound. Then you went to a nice pub for a nice meal also a nice pink gin.  Then a nice drive through farmland to granddaughters house for a nice cup of tea.  Then she took you home.  It was near 6pm so just catching up with yourself.
After posting you went off to feed the cat and do hope all have had a nice day........You've caught up today.

Not long in from the WED club.  Today you had a nice win on 3 different games on the same card.......£35 so was pleased with that.  So far weather is dry. Now off for a nice cuppa.

JEAN: It is dull and dark here yet again.  Going to take dog out in a little while.  Went to club yest4erday and made a bracelet.  Not that you need it....

You do not know why you cannot type properly now so excuse mistakes.  Found a letter at 8am in the door.  You do not know if that was the postman.

Still heard nothing from hospital so must be ok.

I hope that Pauline is all right and that Rita is having a good day.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:15 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 3 H10o1x11  Hi Ladies, I have just got back to the computer after a long day.

Up early this morning and did a bit more crafting untl Susi arrived and had a good natter with her and then Rachel arrived and we all had lunch.  Susi and Rachel talking sensibly at last and sorted out a few things and then after they had both gone I got back to the decoupage again.  Air Ambulance phoned to confirm they were collecting tomorrow and gave me the time and I did tell the lady that there were now two bags and went around the house again and found a few more things, plus a couple more ornaments and books.  As I was waiting for some more pasting to dry,  I got out the things I needed to make the door wreaths and have already made two, so happy with the way things are going.  Having been off of the computer all day, when I did get round to it, there were 70 emails to check and get rid of and glad they are all cleared.

Yesterday, I did manage to get in the garden for a while and used the leaf blower, so the garden is looking tidy.  Loads more cutting back still needs doing, but with this hip trouble it just meant I couldn't get through what I normally would have done, but at least it looks just that bit better after getting rid of the leaves, but it surprised me that after managing to cut that grass last week, it still appears to be growing and amazing that one of my verbascum plants is flowering again for the third time this year.  Such crazy weather patterns affecting the plants.

Barbara, you writing about the Simple deodorants not being in the shops now - that seems to be the way with so many things - at least the other day I did manage to get the foam rollers that had been on my list for ages, plus the vitamins I needed that had been missing and I did notice that when the stock does come in, the shelves no longer seem to be filled - there are still gaps. Hope you hear soon with that appointment for the pain clinic at the time you need. Good to read you got the covid jab today, so worth all of the chasing.

Dian, that was a lovely surprise when your granddaughter phoned and said she would pick you up and take you to her house - see you got a good greeting from her greyhound too and then out for a pub meal, with a pink gin, then back with a drive through farmland to her house again for a cuppa and then home.  Expect Duke was happy to know you were home and ready to feed him.  I have got to say that with this continuous clear out, I am starting to find spaces in cupboards and drawers and gaps on shelves.  Dry weather for you today and that was great getting all of those wins amounting to £35 and on the same card - well done.

Jean, yes it did start off dull and gloomy again, but at least stayed dry.  Had to laugh about your bracelet making at the club.  At least the ones I have made recently, hopefully will sell on Monday to raise funds for the club and gets more of the jewellery out of my way..  Nothing yet from the hospital for you, so hopefully all is well and I hope I hear from the hospital soon.

Okay Ladies, hope you enjoy the rest of the evening and have a peaceful night and I am now going to pay attention to Shetland on the t v - I like that series and glad it is back.

Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Thu Nov 23, 2023 8:40 am
it is like the middle of the night here and the moment and it is 8am  am going up the docs for aB12 jab shortlyl
I just cannot remember the name of Marias friend who was in Duncan house. have never heard from here
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Thu Nov 23, 2023 12:34 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 3 Lroihz14 Well it is a lovely sunny day now and I have caught up with the emails and after this I am off to the pharmacy to collect the prescription and then back on the 1 bus to Aldi's to do some top up shopping there.  As that is a fairly good bus journey, I will start a new book while travelling, because I did manage to finish that other one that Rachel wanted to read, so she took that yesterday.

Went through some more Christmas items in the craft room this morning and found even more for the Air Ambulance and came across the baubles I needed for door wreath making (couldn't locate them yesterday). The trouble with the crafting is that at times you make things for selling, but like them so much that you don't want to part with them and I liked this door wreath I made last evening with not just a Christmas feel, but more like Autumn/Winter and that has been made out of a broken down and recycled Christmas tree, fabric leaves I have had hanging around and also broken beads, but I have enough and that must be sold:-

Hello Everyone - Page 3 20231112

Jean I expect the weather is now sunny your way too after the gloomy start. Hope you get the B12 jabs today. Maria's friend was Vi or Violet and I haven't heard anything about her for a long while. I am not even sure if Trevor was able to get hold of her and let her know that Maria had died.

Dian and Barbara, hope your day is going well too.

I am now off out and then back to do some more crafting..
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Thu Nov 23, 2023 2:01 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 3 Alsskz32
Pauline that was good all went well with Rachel and Susi. Great you got more gardening done too .I know some plants still hanging around which should not be here but still hanging around .Really liked your wreath I ,m sure that will be snapped up .Well done with more clearing out and actually having empty spaces .

Jean hope your having a nice day .Hope you get your jab with no trouble .

Barbara just know you will be busy as ever with all your exercises and paper work ect .Wonder if David was at the terrain and maybe won his games Hope so

Well it was a wild wet miserable morning but had cleared by dinner time and sun now shining bright but just noticed some shrubs now looking bare .Off now for a nice snack
[/size
]
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Thu Nov 23, 2023 3:52 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We're had sunshine for most of today apart from around mid morning when the sky went very dark and it looked like rain, but then the sky cleared again and the sun came out.

David did the essential shopping early this morning and I've done the gentle exercises for my neck and have been walking around the downstairs of our house.  I've tackled the cryptic crossword but have a lot more clues to solve and will attempt to do that later on this afternoon.  I've watched some TV and have done some reading.  I've also done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.  David went out after lunch to try and find a shop which was selling Cup A Soups, as the Co-Op aren't selling man varieties at the moment, and for quite a long time before that.  He managed to buy some from a couple of independent shops and so we're now well stocked up again with them.  David has just come back from his walk and is now watching a Western on the TV.

I phoned the Pain Management Clinic at the hospital and this time, someone answered the phone!  I explained that the doctor had told me over the phone back in September that there's a 12 week waiting list for spinal injections.  The lady I spoke to today said that the waiting list is a lot longer than that and that she would expect me to get an appointment either in late January or early February.  I further explained to her why I wouldn't be able to make an early morning appointment but she said that that clinic doesn't start until 11am, and so that will be fine by me.  She also said that if a cancellation comes up, she'll phone me and offer it to me.  That's what I call service!

PAULINE: When you posted yesterday, you had just got back to the computer after a long day.

Up early yesterday morning and did a bit more crafting untl Susi arrived and had a good natter with her and then Rachel arrived and you all had lunch.  Susi and Rachel talking sensibly at last and sorted out a few things and then after they had both gone you got back to the decoupage again.  Air Ambulance phoned to confirm they were collecting tomorrow and gave you the time and you did tell the lady that there were now two bags and went around the house again and found a few more things, plus a couple more ornaments and books.  As you were waiting for some more pasting to dry,  you got out the things you needed to make the door wreaths and have already made two, so happy with the way things are going.  Having been off of the computer all day, when you did get round to it, there were 70 emails to check and get rid of and glad they are all cleared.

On Tuesday, you did manage to get in the garden for a while and used the leaf blower, so the garden is looking tidy.  Loads more cutting back still needs doing, but with this hip trouble it just meant you couldn't get through what you normally would have done, but at least it looks just that bit better after getting rid of the leaves, but it surprised you that after managing to cut that grass last week, it still appeared to be growing and amazing that one of your verbascum plants is flowering again for the third time this year.  Such crazy weather patterns affecting the plants.

Regarding the disappearing deodorants from the shops, it could well be that they (and other items) could be being stolen, as that's what happens here.  The staff fill up the shelves and the thieves come along and steal them, with the staff standing by helplessly, as instructed by Boots' head office.  I forgot to mention yesterday that when David went to the Co-Op yesterday morning, a man tried to steal six boxes of washing powder but the staff there surrounded him.  He then threw all the boxes into the air and ran off.  What is going on in this country???

Well it was a lovely sunny day when you posted and you had caught up with the emails and after this you are off to the pharmacy to collect the prescription and then back on the 1 bus to Aldi's to do some top up shopping there.  As that is a fairly good bus journey, you will start a new book while travelling, because you did manage to finish that other one that Rachel wanted to read, so she took that yesterday.

Went through some more Christmas items in the craft room this morning and found even more for the Air Ambulance and came across the baubles you needed for door wreath making (couldn't locate them yesterday). The trouble with the crafting is that at times you make things for selling, but like them so much that you don't want to part with them and you liked this door wreath you made last evening with not just a Christmas feel, but more like Autumn/Winter and that has been made out of a broken down and recycled Christmas tree, fabric leaves you have had hanging around and also broken beads, but you have enough and that must be sold.  Thanks for posting a photo of the wreath.

JEAN: It was like the middle of the night there this morning at the moment and it was 8am.  You were going up the docs for aB12 jab shortlyl

You just cannot remember the name of Marias friend who was in Duncan house.  Have never heard from here.

DIAN: Thank you for thinking of David and wondering if he'd played petanque today but there's no club session on a Thursday.  I expect he'll play tomorrow if the weather is going to be kind.

Well it was a wild wet miserable morning but had cleared by dinner time and sun now shining bright but just noticed some shrubs now looking bare.  After posting, you went off for a nice snack.

I hope that Rita is having a good day.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum