Nifty Fifties Plus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Hello Everyone - Page 2 Empty Re: Hello Everyone

Thu Nov 09, 2023 1:41 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 2 Eyffgs92

Pauline that was good you did not have to wait for your x ray to be taken. Just to wait on the results now. See you are doing well with the jewellery repairs. Lady of many talents .Hope you get your elastic for the bracelets. Bracelets make nice little gifts . Hope your having a good day

Jean hope Barry is getting the attention which he needs. How is Peanut doing.Hope he has settled down being back home again

Barbara see you are having heavy rain also quite chilly so  no games at the terraine for David .You got on with your usual exercises computer work some tv also some reading and watched some TV. You will tackle the cryptic crossword in the afternoon. ...David played with his train set
That was interesting about David being in Munich .Will be interesting hearing all his news

Well quite a pleasant day here so far .I did get more leaves lifted yesterday so not many down today. This morning showered washed and set hair which was a waste of time but it was annoying me. Getting perm tomorrow afternoon .Will be out in the morning and will get some shopping done .I put out a small washing just to freshen it as no drying in the air and not even a breeze .Off now for a nice cuppa. Wishing you all a nice day
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Thu Nov 09, 2023 3:35 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We've had some rain today but mostly we've had a lot of sunshine, although it's still a tad chilly.

David did the essential shopping early this morning.  I've done the gentle exercises for my neck and have been walking around the downstairs of our house.  I've tackled the cryptic crossword but have still more to do on it and will attempt to do so later this afternoon.  I've watched some TV and have done some reading.  I've also done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.  David has been upstairs playing with his model railway but has come downstairs to make some drinks and watch a Western.

Andrew is coming back home tomorrow after taking an active part in his company's corporate event in Munich.

DIAN: Well quite a pleasant day there so far.  You did get more leaves lifted yesterday so not many down today.  This morning showered washed and set hair which was a waste of time but it was annoying you. Getting perm tomorrow afternoon.  Will be out in the morning and will get some shopping done.  You put out a small washing just to freshen it as no drying in the air and not even a breeze.  After posting, you went off for a nice cuppa.

I hope that Pauline and Jean are all right and that Rita is having a good day.

Stay safe and well, everyone!

Lots of love from me to all!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Pauline
Pauline
Admin
https://nifty-fifties.forumotion.com

Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:57 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 2 Aksgc410    Hi Ladies. Think I need a rocking chair like that one, but with a firm wooden back and a comfortable cushion to sit on, because I am really fed up with this back pain, which is probably my own fault, because yesterday I sat for too long getting involved in more jewellery work.  Not only sorting through more things and getting them in order of what repairs are needed, but made up a couple more necklaces, new hooks on 4 pairs of drop earrings and designed several hanging Christmas tree ornaments from broken chains and pendants and suddenly found that I had been working through to the early hours, so definitely my own fault for sitting in one place too long.  

Up later today because of not settling down until far too late and had intended to get that other set of shelving covered in the garden, but rain arrived, so have been catching up on emails, etc., instead.  After this going to find the paint for the items needing attention for future decoupage and that will lead to some standing jobs, which might be better for me, plus I will get down to ordering those supplies I need off of Ebay.

Dian, small win for you at the club and the weather was quite good on Wednesday morning and you were hoping to get some more leaves listed, but started to look as though rain was on the way.  Thanks for the emails and haven't seen that one about Grandma's apron for quite a while and it was good to read that again.  So sad those children having to work in that video.  Maria and I used to find that the bracelets on the threaded elastic sold so well for children, so was happy to thread up and design a lot more from the loose beads I had.  See your hair is annoying you, so you are looking forward to the perm tomorrow and the shopping trip before that is done.  See you must have dry weather at the moment as you put some washing out, but not much drying getting done.

Jean, hope you have heard some better news today about Barry and you are feeling okay.

Barbara, non stop rain for you yesterday (as it was here), so no petanque for David and he wa playing with the model railway, while you got on with your exercises and usual thiings. See you got the text from Andrew and expect he is enjoying working in Munich at the moment.  Like you, sunshine here this morning, but back to rain again and it was dark by 4.  Usual things for you and David was with the model railway again and then came downstairs to make drinks for you both and he then was watching a Western.  I see that Andrew is back from Munich tomorrow.  

So I am going to order those items for the jewellery next and then search out the paint and hope you all enjoy your evening.
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Fri Nov 10, 2023 2:30 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 2 Kiyfcc12
Hi Ladies.  I hope you are all having a good day.  Here we have sunshine and it is dry, which is welcome.

So far, all emails up-to-date. bed stripped and remade, two lots of washing done and drying indoors, all jewellery items ordered, more jewellery repaired and 5 handbag charms created.  I have just come in from the garden for a coffee and a bit of a break and I am seeing to that second lot of shelving.  That leaf blower is such a help because I didn't have to sweep the leaves off of and under from that shelving, just blew them further down the garden and if I do have the time I will blow some more out of the back gate.

Must get a move on and expect you will look in later.
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:35 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

Once again, we had early sunshine here but it didn't last.  For most of the rest of today, we've had rain, with just pauses for cloudy weather in between.  It seems even colder today too.

David did the essential shopping early this morning.  I've done the gentle exercises for my neck and have been walking around the downstairs of our house.  I've tackled the cryptic crossword and have actually completed it for once!  I've watched some TV and have done some reading.  I've also done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.  David has been upstairs playing with his model railway but, as yesterday, has come downstairs to make some drinks and watch a Western.

I've had a text from Andrew, who said that his flight from Munich to Heathrow was due to take off at 1455 UK time, and so he'll be well on his way by now!  He didn't have a chance to look around Munich as the German parent company kept him and his colleagues busy most of the time, but they did take them out to dinner each of the 4 evenings they were there.

PAULINE: You think you need a rocking chair like the one in the GIF, but with a firm wooden back and a comfortable cushion to sit on, because you are really fed up with this back pain, which is probably your own fault, because on Wednesday you sat for too long getting involved in more jewellery work.  Not only sorting through more things and getting them in order of what repairs are needed, but made up a couple more necklaces, new hooks on 4 pairs of drop earrings and designed several hanging Christmas tree ornaments from broken chains and pendants and suddenly found that you had been working through to the early hours, so definitely your own fault for sitting in one place too long.  

Up later yesterday because of not settling down until far too late and had intended to get that other set of shelving covered in the garden, but rain arrived, so have been catching up on emails, etc., instead.  After this going to find the paint for the items needing attention for future decoupage and that will lead to some standing jobs, which might be better for you, plus you will get down to ordering those supplies you need off of Ebay.

So you are going to order those items for the jewellery next and then search out the paint.

I hope you are all having a good day today.  Here you have sunshine and it is dry, which is welcome.

So far, all emails up-to-date. bed stripped and remade, two lots of washing done and drying indoors, all jewellery items ordered, more jewellery repaired and 5 handbag charms created.  You have just come in from the garden for a coffee and a bit of a break and you are seeing to that second lot of shelving.  That leaf blower is such a help because you didn't have to sweep the leaves off of and under from that shelving, just blew them further down the garden and if you do have the time you will blow some more out of the back gate.

Must get a move on and expect you will look in later.

I hope that Dian is having a good day and also Rita and that Jean is all right, as I know she hasn't been well.  I also hope that she has better news of Barry, who also hasn't been well.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Sat Nov 11, 2023 11:51 am
Hello Everyone - Page 2 Oc8r8y10 Another sunny and dry morning and yesterday I did manage to complete that second set of shelving and protect some larger plants, plus used the leaf blower again and shot more leaves out of the back gate.  Finished the outdoor work fairly early and had a nice bath and settled down early for a restful evening, but I did manage to complete another couple of bracelets.  This morning the needle threaders have arrived and now waiting for the earring hooks and the shearing elastic.  Am hoping it is dry enough out there to get that grass cut again and that really should be the last time this year.

Expect Dian is enjoying having the perm that was done yesterday and wondering what bargains she got on her shopping trip.

Jean, haven't heard from you for a couple of days but do hope there is better news about Barry.

Barbara, I was luckier than you and able to get on with the garden jobs without any rain that you had your way.  Usual things for you and David and you received a text from Andrew to say that there wasn't much of a chance to see around Munich, but him and his colleagues were taken out for a meal every evening (hopefully in different restaurants) and he will now be home.

Must get a move on Ladies and see what I can get done outside while this weather lasts and hope you all enjoy your Saturday.  Been watching the Lord Mayor's parade on t v while on the computer and there was also the 2 minutes' silence at 11 and tomorrow hope all is peaceful with the Cenotaph service and no clashes with other protesters.

Last edited by Pauline on Sat Nov 11, 2023 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Sat Nov 11, 2023 2:36 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 2 Pskfv112
Back again and having a cup of tea as nearly finished cutting that grass.  Edges all done and just a small section to use the mower on now and feeling so much better having done that and looking at it  Once that grass is in order (although not perfect) it makes things look so much better.

Hope your afternoon is going well.
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Sat Nov 11, 2023 3:20 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We've had lovely sunshine today, with no rain at all, but it's still very cold.

David did the essential shopping early this morning.  I've done the gentle exercises for my neck and have been walking around the downstairs of our house.  I haven't yet tackled the cryptic crossword but will do so later this afternoon.  I've watched some TV and have done some reading.  I've also done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.  David is upstairs playing with his model railway.  We watched the Lord Mayor's Show this morning and observed the 2 minute silence a 11am.  The Show was as interesting and as spectacular as ever, and the Lord Mayor was so obviously enjoying it.

I heard from Andrew again once he was back in the UK.  There'd been several cancellations on the railway lines he could take to go home but he was by that time on his way there and he estimated that he'd arrive home around 8pm.  I had another text from him at around that time and he was indeed back home by then, though very tired and glad to be back.

PAULINE: Another sunny and dry morning and yesterday you did manage to complete that second set of shelving and protect some larger plants, plus used the leaf blower again and shot more leaves out of the back gate.  Finished the outdoor work fairly early and had a nice bath and settled down early for a restful evening, but you did manage to complete another couple of bracelets.  This morning the needle threaders arrived and now waiting for the earring hooks and the shearing elastic.  You are hoping it is dry enough out there to get that grass cut again and that really should be the last time this year.

You had to get a move on and see what you could get done outside while this weather lasts and hope we all enjoy our Saturday.  Been watching the Lord Mayor's parade on t v while on the computer and there was also the 2 minutes' silence at 11 and tomorrow hope all is peaceful with the Cenotaph service and no clashes with other protesters.

Back again and having a cup of tea as nearly finished cutting that grass.  Edges all done and just a small section to use the mower on and feeling so much better having done that and looking at it.  Once that grass is in order (although not perfect) it makes things look so much better.

I hope that all is well with Dian and Jean and that Rita is having a good day.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:33 am
Hello Everyone - Page 2 1o3wsa51

Pauline busy as ever and you have done really well with the jewellery work .Also see garden work done too so hopefully no more grass cutting till the spring .See your using the leaf blower which will be so much easier and quicker to get all the leaves out the back gate.

Jean do hope all is fine with you and Peanut.

Barbara you got on with your usual exercises and David did the essential shopping .Also you got some reading done , watched some TV also the Lord Mayors show .David was playing with his model railway .That would be interesting hearing about Andrews trip.

Yesterday was dry but chilly so got bedding out also more leaves lifted. Must admit had a very lazy day yesterday so now feeling guilty.
Pleased fine but very cold here .so more leaves will be lifted.
Pauline I did get a bargain in Matalan a nice blouse for £3 only trouble is think everybody was buying them....lol
Dry but bitter cold here today but the sun is out.
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Sun Nov 12, 2023 12:16 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 2 Gw8m0y11    Hello Ladies.  Watching the service at the Cenotaph while using my computer.  Also this morning (before turning over to BBC) I was watching Love your Weekend and did for a couple of seconds, wonder who the white haired man was on there and then realised it was Martin Shaw.  It wasn't so much the white hair that threw me for a second, but have been watching repeats of Inspector George Gently just recently, but it is the fact that he has lost weight off of his face. Always been one of my favourite actors and first saw him in 1973 on t v in "Helen, A Woman of Today" long before "The Professionals". He is also the Patron of Hillside Animal Sanctuary, in Norfolk, that I support.

I am so happy that I got that grass cut and in order yesterday - at least the leaves blow easier across the top of it and don't get tangled in long grass, but I will be using the leaf blower again during next week  Certainly no garden work today as it is raining, so think the housework needs tackling along with the help of Henry.  I did make a few more bag charms last evening and another couple of bracelets while catching up on t v recorded programmes.

Barbara, yes the weather was good to work out in yesterday and I didn't mind it being cold as I was well wrapped up and could get on well, so long as I went slowly with every move and in particular using the mower.  See you and David also enjoyed watching the Lord Mayor's show yesterday and yes, the new Lord Mayor was obviously enjoying it.  Andrew finally got back after a tiring journey, due to several train cancellatons.

Dian I will take some of that jewellery to the club tomorrow, to see if any members will make offers to buy, to raise funds for the club and get more things out of my way.  So glad I got that grass cut and I do so hope it stops growing now.  You certainly shouldn't feel guilty about having a lazy day on Saturday, because you usually pack so much into every day and you did lift more leaves and got bedding out to dry. See you hope to get more leaves lifted today.  Glad you got that blouse bargain in Matalans and hope when you wear it, you don't come face to face with someone wearing the same, as so many people were buying them.  

Jean, hope you have had a good week.

Must away now Ladies as I have an email to answer from my daughter and then on with the housework.  Enjoy the rest of Sunday.  
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Sun Nov 12, 2023 3:48 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

The weather has been dire all day here.  It has rained almost nonstop and it seems chillier than ever.

David went out early this morning and bought a newspaper and some bits and pieces.  I've done the gentle exercises for my neck and have been walking around the downstairs of our house.  Ive tackled the general knowledge crossword but have still more to do on it, which I'll attempt to do later this afternoon.  I've watched some TV, including the coverage of the ceremony at the Cenotaph and have done some reading.  I've also done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.  David has been upstairs playing with his model railway but has come down to make hot drinks for us.  He's now watching "War Horse" on the TV, which I've also been watching.

DIAN: Yesterday was dry but chilly so you got bedding out also more leaves lifted. Must admit had a very lazy day yesterday so now feeling guilty.

Pleased fine but very cold there. So more leaves will be lifted.

You did get a bargain in Matalan, a nice blouse for £3.  Only trouble is think everybody was buying them....lol.

Dry but bitter cold there today but the sun is out.

PAULINE:  Watching the service at the Cenotaph while using my computer.  Also this morning (before turning over to BBC) you were watching Love your Weekend and did for a couple of seconds, wonder who the white haired man was on there and then realised it was Martin Shaw.  It wasn't so much the white hair that threw you for a second, but have been watching repeats of Inspector George Gently just recently, but it is the fact that he has lost weight off of his face. Always been one of your favourite actors and first saw him in 1973 on t v in "Helen, A Woman of Today" long before "The Professionals". He is also the Patron of Hillside Animal Sanctuary, in Norfolk, that you support.

You are so happy that you got that grass cut and in order yesterday - at least the leaves blow easier across the top of it and don't get tangled in long grass, but you will be using the leaf blower again during next week  Certainly no garden work today as it is raining, so think the housework needs tackling along with the help of Henry.  You did make a few more bag charms last evening and another couple of bracelets while catching up on t v recorded programmes.

You then had to away as you had an email to answer from your daughter and then on with the housework.

I hope that Jean is all right and that Rita is having a good day.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:00 am
Hello Everyone - Page 2 Oie_fr29
Here we go again - another storm supposed to be around.  Here we just have heavy rain at the moment, but trying to stay cheerful.  Got to go shopping this morning and then to the club, so waterproof coat on and umbrella up.

Yesterday I didn't get too far with the housework upstairs, because I looked at the paperwork downstairs building up again, so tackled that first and raided upstairs (among the boxes and baskets that I had cleared) and found a far more sutable basket style container to keep all of my pens and spare scrap paper in, on the lower shelf next to the computer desk, so that cleared two containers into one and one of the old containers was a cardboard box, so that goes into recycling and the other one is a cd storage box that can be folded down, so bit more room made and I also got my filing done.

Looked through the Ace catalogue (same company as Studio Cards)  that arrived in the Summer (what summer) before putting that in the recycling and got on the internet and looked at their present items and ordered a pair of boots, that I will need.  I have had boots from them before and always been pleased with them.  I also ordered a duvet set and got to confess I really didn't need this, but it matched my bedroom so well and it was in their sale and have had bedding off of them previously that was always good quality.

I see we are now on page 42 and still the site hasn't caught up with us, but am sure they will and we will soon find ourselves on a new section starting at what was page 41.

Just heard the announcement that the Home Secretary has been sacked and wondering what gullible idiot will be give that job  Rolling Eyes.

Barbara, I think you will be getting the same today with regard to the weather and yes, it wasn't that wonderful yesterday.  Indoor things for both of you and I watched War Horse too.  Such a good film.  When Stephen was young, Brian took him to a race meeting, where he met Brough Scott (racing journalist) whose grandfather, Jack, rode the real war horse named Warrior and they both went through the first war unharmed and in fact Jack led one of the last cavalry charges against the Germans.  Warrior died in 1941.

Hope all of you had a good weekend, despite the weather and the week starts off okay for you all.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:49 am
Hello Everyone - Page 2 7acpi421

Well it is a right wet windy day here and looks like will be on all day so will hope there is a break in the weather and will get more leaves lifted .The cooking apple tree is bare now so it is the eating apple tree that the leaves are now falling off and not too many left on it now .

Pauline well done with the all the  jewellery you have made .Great the garden now up to date and good you are finding the leaf blower a big help .Bet you get your jewellerry sold today at the Monday club .Good you  are well wrapped up for going out in the wet weather .Hope you have a win today at the club .

Jean do hope all is good with you .Wonder if you will get to your club today Hope better news for Barry

Barbara see you are also having a wet day .David did his essential shopping while you got on with your exercises you have tackled the the crossword but will do more later. You also watched the service at   the Cenotaph David was playing upstairs with his trains but came down and made you hot drinks

Off now for a snack.......have a good day ladies
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:41 pm
Good afternoon everyone!

I'm sorry but it's just a short post from me today.  I've been trying to find out who will be bringing me my covid injection at home and when that will be.  I've had no luck in finding anything out.  Even 119 let me down this time.  They gave me a phone number for an organisation that could give me the information I need but when I rang it, I got a recorded message saying that that service no longer exists.  I got back on to 119 and a different agent gave me an email address, which I tried, but the message on my computer was that the email address wasn't valid.  Coincidentally, I had a letter in today's post from the NHS, giving another email address for if I wished to have the jab at a home visit.  I tried that email address and got the same message as the first address!  There was no phone number on the NHS letter and so I found myself at a dead end.  Do the people organising the covid jabs really want people to have them?  If they do, then they need some training in getting organised!

Sorry for the moan!

I'll be back tomorrow with normal posting, I hope.

Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:26 am
Hello Everyone - Page 2 Hello_12

Pauline hope you had a nice day at the club yesterday with no problems and maybe had a nice win too

Jean do hope your day is going along nicely with  Peanut

Barbara know how you feel and seems to be the same everywhere which is so annoying that you have to chase them up. Do hope you manage to get the appointment made.

Sorry just a short post today but back giving me some trouble today .It is not a nice day here either .
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:23 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 2 14125110    Good Morning Ladies.

Yesterday I didn't take the jewellery with me to the club, as decided I would go through what I have stored of the good items, discuss this with Margaet at the club and take quite a large display up there, so all of the profits can go to the club.  I was going to do that next Monday, but found out that Jason, who does the exercises, was going to be there, so will definitely not go that day, because frankly I don't like him, think he charges too much and hasn't updated music or exercises for a long while.  Anyway that will give me two weeks to get a lot of things arranged, including doing more decoupage and making some Christmas door wreaths.

What I did, was go out and do the shopping early at Tesco, using quite a few vouchers that they are now sending to me, after me having a real nag at them. Don't have to do their work for them now, like printing off vouchers and got the 500 points promised, after them making previous mistakes, along with the points I had earned, so that lot amounted to £8, plus I had a further three weeks of money off and this week was spend £40 and get £4 off, plus another £2 for other things and I also searched down a lot of yellow reduction labels on things I use, so what would have amounted to £51.17 came down to £31.40. Also got a couple of cartons of instand noodles for the raffle prize.  I was a bit early when I finished, but decided I really didn't have the time to go home and put the shoppng away, so took it with me to the club and got that all sorted after returning from there.

Enjoyed the club and managed to do some curling, but after all of the walking, shopping and curling at the club, I really did end up aching quite a bit by the time I got home and then had to quickly get that shopping away.  I did win some hair conditioner from the raffle.

Having been told that the x-rays would take 10 working days to get to my GP, I received a mesage late yesterday asking me to phone the surgery, as the results were in.  Was too late to phone them when I found the message and did that this morning and my doctor is phoning me this evening (after 6.30) to discuss the results with me.  As they are back quicker than I was told to expect them, it is a bit worrying, but at least things are on the move.

Dian, the weather wasn't too good your way yesterday, although you did hope to get some more leaves cleared and see the cooking apple tree is now finished, with only a few leaves to go off of the eating apple tree.  The leaves here are disappearing fast now.  As you can see I changed my mind about taking the repaired items to the club, but in a couple of weeks I should be able to take a good display up there, including more Christmas items and hope that the members will buy quite a few things and add to the club funds. So sorry to learn from today's post, that you are having back trouble again and just hope that clears quickly for you.

Barbara, what a run around you are being given with all of those email addresses and phone numbers that don't exist and all to find out how and when you can get the covid jab at home.  You know my opinion, far too many useless, ill informed admin in the NHS, when their jobs should be got rid of and more money spent on the medical side.

Jean, hope all is well for you as we haven't heard from you for a few days.

Well today it is definitely ironing first and then upstairs housework and no longer putting that off.  Enjoy the rest of your day Ladies.
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:18 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

Storm Debi was very much in evidence from early this morning.  The Met Office weather warning was in place from 12 midnight until 12 noon today but later on, it was extended to expire at 3pm today, which was spot on!  At 3pm, the rain stopped and the sun came out.  It's fading now, as it usually gets dark around  4pm at the moment.

David the essential shopping early this morning.  I've done the gentle exercises for my neck and have been walking around the downstairs of our house.  I haven't yet tackled the cryptic crossword, which I'll attempt to do later this afternoon.  I've watched some TV and have done some reading.  I've also done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.  David has been upstairs playing with his model railway.  He's just made us a hot drink each and is watching a Western on the TV.

I tried once again this morning to find out who will be coming to the house to give me my Covid injection, and when that will be.  Having phoned 119, a lady gave me a phone number and an email address for what she thought were the appropriate ones and so I sent off an email straight away, only to find that she'd given me the address for North Central London GP surgery patients, whereas I come under the South West London address.  Quite a difference in location!  I then sent an email to the correct address and had an acknowledgement that they'd received it and that I'd be contacted by them although it didn't say when.  Now I have to wait for them to contact me.  At lease it's a bit of progress!

Thanks to you both, Dian and Pauline, for your words of understanding.

DIAN: Sorry just a short post today but back giving you some trouble today.  It is not a nice day here either.

PAULINE: Yesterday you didn't take the jewellery with you to the club, as decided you would go through what you have stored of the good items, discuss this with Margaret at the club and take quite a large display up there, so all of the profits can go to the club.  You were going to do that next Monday, but found out that Jason, who does the exercises, was going to be there, so will definitely not go that day, because frankly you don't like him, think he charges too much and hasn't updated music or exercises for a long while.  Anyway that will give you two weeks to get a lot of things arranged, including doing more decoupage and making some Christmas door wreaths.

What you did, was go out and do the shopping early at Tesco, using quite a few vouchers that they are now sending to you, after you having a real nag at them. Don't have to do their work for them now, like printing off vouchers and got the 500 points promised, after them making previous mistakes, along with the points you had earned, so that lot amounted to £8, plus you had a further three weeks of money off and this week was spend £40 and get £4 off, plus another £2 for other things and you also searched down a lot of yellow reduction labels on things you use, so what would have amounted to £51.17 came down to £31.40. Also got a couple of cartons of instant noodles for the raffle prize.  You were a bit early when you finished, but decided you really didn't have the time to go home and put the shoppng away, so took it with you to the club and got that all sorted after returning from there.

Enjoyed the club and managed to do some curling, but after all of the walking, shopping and curling at the club, you really did end up aching quite a bit by the time you got home and then had to quickly get that shopping away.  You did win some hair conditioner from the raffle.

Having been told that the x-rays would take 10 working days to get to your GP, you received a mesage late yesterday asking you to phone the surgery, as the results were in.  Was too late to phone them when you found the message and did that this morning and your doctor is phoning you this evening (after 6.30) to discuss the results with you.  As they are back quicker than you were told to expect them, it is a bit worrying, but at least things are on the move.

Well today it is definitely ironing first and then upstairs housework and no longer putting that off.

I hope that Jean is all right.  It must be several days since we heard from her.  I also hope that Rita is having a good day.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Wed Nov 15, 2023 1:54 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 2 Awpn9g10
Good Afternoon Ladies.

Well I waited for the phone call last evening and eventually it came through at 8.30.  Doctor told me that the x-ray showed that the right hip was being badly affected by arthritis.  The other hip was being affected, but not as badly as the right.  He asked whether I would consider a hip replacement and I said that I would, but did mention the long waiting lists for these ops.  He did say to me, that the pain I must be going through and the lack of mobility, because of the deterioraton of the hip, made the op quite urgent, so he was sending a form to the surgery (and I have to phone them to see if it has arrived) and I will have to go across there to complete the form, which will put me further up the list for this op, as my case was serious.

You could say, despite the pain, I am feeling a whole lot more settled about the outcome and happy to know that it is only arthritis and nothing worse, but the speed that the x-ray results were dealt with, did have me worried for a while. Anyway I know at least what I am facing and will have to see how long a wait I have to get the op done.

Anyway, I have been a bit naughty and didn't really need them, but have ordered two jumpers from Debenhams in their Black Friday sale (starting early) with free post and packing and also let the family know the results of the x-ray. as I promised to let them know as soon as I heard.

Barbara, I see you got the storm your way, but can say here, except for some rain, the weather wasn't too bad for us and while I was doing that housework upstairs, I did have the windows open as there was no strong wind and it was quite mild.  At last you seem to have managed to get through to the right place re the covid jabs (with a lot of effort on your part) in your own home and I do hope you don't have a long wait for that to get sorted for you.  I cannot complain about the action I have just received through my GP and Northampton General Hospital, but of course, don't know how long the wait will be until I get the op, even though I will be listed as urgent.  

Dian, hope you have enjoyed your club this morning.

Jean, wondering if you are okay because heard nothing from you for a few days.

I got most of the ironing finished and just need to complete a couple more things today and put it all away and all upstairs housework is finished.  I have got out the paint and other things I need to get the wooden items ready for decoupaging, so getting organised amd hope you all enjoy your day.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Wed Nov 15, 2023 3:28 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 2 Bells_40

Pauline that is good you now know what is wrong with your hip and glad that is all and nothing sinister .Do hope you will not have a long wait for the operation but if anything like here do not hold your breath as it is really shocking the wait here for urgent operations .My daughter is waiting for one and really needs it but no luck so far .
Good you got to your club and well done  with the vouchers at  Tesco. Good you got all your ironing up to date and upstairs finished too .

Jean hope all is fine with you and Peanut .

Barbara good you did not have much trouble with the storm
David did his essential shopping while you got on with your usual exercises computer work on phone and laptop ect. You will tackle cryptic crossword later .David was playing with his trains but when he cam downstairs made you both nice hot drinks Them he watched a western
Well done in finally getting information about your jags

Cold this morning but enjoyed the Wed club but had a wait for the bus to get home .Dry so far but very cold. Now off for a hot drink.Have a good day all .
No win yet at club Sad
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:39 am
yesterday I took Peanut to eh vets for his jabs cost a fortune.
today I should be going to Corby for a medical check for me
On Monday part of the fence blew down so have been having quotes for that should be tomorrow if it does not rain
hopefully you will get that hip sorted sooner Pauline
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:59 am
Hello Everyone - Page 2 2ebhyc10  Hi Ladies, it has brightened up a bit now, but it started off a very dark and gloomy morning

Spend quite a bit of time trying to get through to the surgery yesterday afternoon and this morning and just got through and was told that the form had arrived with them and they are sending it to me, for me to complete, so that saves me a walk over there - and even that is getting painful these days.

Jean, can understand not hearing from you for a while, because you have had that problem of the fence to deal with (and I expect that is going to be costly), Peanut's jabs to get done (costing enough too) and today you have the trip to Corby to get through for your medical check up.  Thanks for the good wishes about the hip replacement, but I expect that it is going to be quite a while to get done, despite the form filling.

Dian, I am certainly not going to hold my breath waiting for that op (even if I do get jumped up the list a bit), because I know how long other people have been waiting and also what you have said about your daughter and isn't she the one that is the nurse?  At least I do now know it isn't something more sinister, so that is a relief.  Cold yesterday your way, although you did enjoy the club (but no win), despite quite a wait for the bus to get home. That is like when we are waiting for the bus to get back from our club on a Monday - there is no shelter at that stop and you need to be wrapped up standing there.

Barbara, hope yesterday went okay for you and just hoping that you might find out more info about the covid jab at home and expect you will post later.

Yesterday I worked my way down the stairs with Henry, dusting as I went and now ready to get on with some of the craft work downstairs - no point in clearing up first, because I will be making more mess doing the crafting.  Hope you all enjoy your day.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:02 pm
[url=https://servimg.com/view/20102617/1558]Hello Everyone - Page 2 Alsskz31[/url] Pauline[/i]
.That is good the surgery will post out the form for you to fill in as saves you a journey .It is my younger  daughter waiting on operation .It is the 2 granddaughters who are at nursing .Alice is qualified now in Mental nursing and her sister is the vet nurse but now going into last year in General nursing and their mother is a practice nurse.
Do hope you get your operation soon as makes a big difference .See your busy as ever with your crafting .Good weather has brightened up for you.

Jean hope not too expensive for your fence but know vet fees are high .Hope all goes well for your at  your medical check

Barbara hope your having a nice day with David and do not have any problems .Just know you will be busy with your exercises, ,phone work and computer work also doing your crosswords
and hope maybe David will get to the terraine for a game Have a nice day

Well so far is quite a pleasant morning. I am just out the shower now so off to set hair for tomorrow Have a good day all
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:37 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We've had the most horrendous weather once again here, with heavy rain and strong winds.  It did clear up for a while but I think it's now spitting.  Horrible!

David did the essential shopping early this morning.  I've done the gentle exercises for my neck and have been walking around the downstairs of our house.  I haven't yet tackled the cryptic crossword, which I'll attempt to do later this afternoon.  I've watched some TV and have done some reading.  I've also done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.

Yesterday the "guru" for  the company that installed our new hot water and heating systems came to the house to inspect the latter as some of the radiators haven't been heating up as they should.  He suggested turning up the thermostat for a few hours to see if that would improve the situation.  Well, it did for a time but this morning, the long radiator in our lounge was just as bad as it wasn't heating up very much at all.  From what the surveyor was saying, it does sound as if it's the heating system itself that is causing the problem, and so replacing the long radiator probably wouldn't solve the problem.

David has been doing some DIY in our utility room today, touching up some of the paintwork.  I don't like the smell of the paint but it has to be done.  He's now watching the TV, having just watched a Western.

I've heard by email from the SW London branch of the organisation that's arranging the home visits for the covid jab to be given to patients who need it and they're going to get back to me when they've found out which district nurses will be giving it, and when.  I just hope this isn't going to take up too much time as there's a deadline next month for this.

I got on to BT this morning as my contract with them expires on the 23rd of this month.  I was very impressed with them as there was no delay in getting through on the phone and the employee who dealt with my contact renewal made it as straightforward as possible and took up as little time as possible.  I wish all organisations were like that.

JEAN: It's good to see you back in here!

Yesterday you took Peanut to eh vets for his jabs cost a fortune.

Today you should be going to Corby for a medical check for yourself.

On Monday part of the fence blew down so have been having quotes for that should be tomorrow if it does not rain.

PAULINE: It has brightened up a bit now, but it started off a very dark and gloomy morning.

Spend quite a bit of time trying to get through to the surgery yesterday afternoon and this morning and just got through and was told that the form had arrived with them and they are sending it to you, for you to complete, so that saves you a walk over there - and even that is getting painful these days.  I'm glad that you're now getting somewhere with having your hip treated, Pauline.

Yesterday you worked your way down the stairs with Henry, dusting as you went and now ready to get on with some of the craft work downstairs - no point in clearing up first, because you will be making more mess doing the crafting.

JEAN: Well you had quite a pleasant morning.  When posting, you were just out the shower so off to set hair for tomorrow.

I hope that Rita is having a good day.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:39 am
Hello Everyone - Page 2 Mcheuz10
Hi Ladies..  Still very gloomy when I got up at 7 this morning, but seems to be brightening up at the moment, but forecast is for rain to arrive later in the day.

Yesterday I looked at the clothes I had hanging around in my bedroom, that had been worn only once or twice and decided that as I wasn't going to the club next week or anywhere special and would be needing just work clothes for the next few days, I got on and washed that lot and this morning most of them are dry and I have put them away (none of them needing ironing thank goodness).  Having done that I then got all of the items downstairs that needed craft work being done on them and the items I needed for all of the artwork, so am looking forwad to getting creative today.

Also got the delivery from the Ace catalogue - all three items arrived from Evri (and despite what some people say, I never do have any problems with their deliveries and my front door is tucked away in a corner).  Boots were a great fit with nice height block heel, duvet set just as shown and happy with that.  One item I hadn't mentioned that I ordered, was one of the soft, but firm sports bras and far more comfortable to wear when doing housework and the crafting I want to do - also so handy when gardening - and I am wearing that this morning and it is so comfortable and also quite a good support for the back.

Dian, with all of the help from your family given to the NHS, you would think that your daughter might have been put up the list a bit, but no help for her.  See you had pleasant weather yesterday and was getting your hair set ready for today and expect you will enjoy your usual shopping trip out this morning with your daughter and friend.

Barbara, bad weather for you yesterday and definitely a day for staying in and getting on with your usual things.  I see that David was doing DIY in your utility room and although not liking the smell from the paint, it had to be done.  Doesn't seem that you are any further forward, after the head of the company calling re the heating system.  Before the work was started on, did they ever clean through the entire system?  Years ago it used to mean each rad being removed and drained, but these days it is so much easier with the equipment they have and no removal is necessary, but it does clear all of the sludge away, that builds up (and that is where you get the cold spots).  Hope you can get it sorted.  I am so thankful that my plumber, Greg, is great at his job, does a thorough job and never overcharges.

Jean, hope your medical check went well yesterday and you have managed to get a reasonable quote for your fence repair.  At the moment it looks like pleasant weather for a walk with Peanut (before the rain is supposed to arrive later).

I am making another cup of coffee and then on with the crafting and I hope all of you have a pleasant day.
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Fri Nov 17, 2023 9:05 am
well had the test and now have to wait for the results. the man is doing the fence now and Peanut is going mad
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum