Nifty Fifties Plus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Hello Everyone - Page 3 Empty Re: Hello Everyone

Tue May 12, 2020 11:39 am

Re: Hello Everyone
Today at 11:39
Rita hopefully your card will come with todays post, whenever that is. all hours
I was very lucky with all those flowers.
I do remember lots about the war, we in Norwich got good and bombed out, everytime your went anywhere there was a house missing.
We had over 1000 alerts and we had to get up for each one. The reason I know the number is that I have a book called Norwich at War
which is very interesting, with lots of photos.
my father was in the home guard, and he pointed out a doddle bug to me.
when we went to nanas we had to get into the "cage" in the front of my grandmothers house (Morrison shelter)
what I did not know at the time was the Norwich had made a decoy fire to divert aircraft from bombing Norwich three miles away
from us. so would have been safer in the city.
it was nice first thing, now cool and windy, heating turned off, maybe on again later
Dian thank you for my birthday wishes
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Tue May 12, 2020 1:26 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 3 6ujrhj12 Pauline hope your winning with your photos I find it takes me so long as you then think back to those times and sometimes find photos and do not have a clue who they were Shocked My mother always said it was bad luck to destroy photos so afraid that has stayed with me so I do have some photos(not many) not got a clue who they were..Hope all good with Maria and Gennie
Jean your flowers were all lovely and good you had a nice day.I am sure your dad would have lots of tales for you with his work ......some good and some not
Rita think we are all desperate to get shopping again.......even writing a list not the same as doing your own shopping........do hope it will not be too much longer till we escape
Another nice day and when sun out it is warm........doing long due some spring cleaning but taken me so long as need to keep sitting Got the bathroom stripped so it is getting gutted and i will feel better.Better get back to finishing it.Trusting you will all have a good day
Pauline
Pauline
Admin
https://nifty-fifties.forumotion.com

Tue May 12, 2020 3:33 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 3 7fw3im11
Hi Everyone.  It is clouding over now since the sunny morning and next I should really water the garden as I didn't do that yesterday.  This morning slight frost out there, but all plants seem okay.  This morning been sorting through the negatives that are with some of those photos and trying to get the photos in some sort of order - age, where they were taken, etc., and who of - quite a muddle I can tell you, but so far have emptied one large biscuit tin, a rafia box and one album, but loads more albums to go through.  Keeping me busy and out of mischief.

Rita, looks as though you have a weather forecaster for us in Leigh, because when she gets a change in the weather it seems to follow here.  See you had a restless night the one before last and last night I was catching up with t v until about 3 in the morning, so slept late this morning and with all this lockdown still going on, I am not worried about when I sleep or work, just doing what my body tells me it is feeling fit enough to do, so can understand your sleep patterns being all over the place.  Hope you got your shopping order sorted for the delivery and as you say, it will be a treat for you to look around a shop again.  With people supposed to be returning to work tomorrow, I am now wondering if the 5 bus that I catch for shopping at 8 in the morning will still be as fairly empty as it has been, so will have to watch out to see what  it looks like as it passes tomorrow.  I like to catch that one because it means I am at the shops as they open and also in time for the senior citizens shopping with some of them. Our recycling bins were collected today, but I only had half a bin full so didn't bother, but next week will get rid of the black bin of household rubbish as it should have a decent amount in it by then.  At least when you are doing a bit in the garden it gives you a chance to see a few people and perhaps have a chat with those passing, or neighbours that might come out the front.

Jean, got your email and will answer that in a minute about what you can do with the bellflower.  See what you have said about the bombing in Norfolk and yes the East coast got it bad too as that was one of the approach paths from Germany.  I know that Brian (Stephen and Susie's dad) was evacuated to Yorkshire with his Gran and they got machine guns aimed at them from a German plane as they were crossing a field near Shipley (and the idea was to get them away from the bombing - well that didn't work very well).  Yes I still have a vivid memory of one of the flying bombs with the flames coming out of its tail - silent horrible threat and when the flames stopped, that was it, down it came with a ton of explosives and the South East of England and London where bombarded with the awful things continually.  From those rockets we have the foundation of the Space age and wondering if we can really count that as a good thing. See you had a Morrison shelter (used indoors) and where we were in London, it was mainly Anderson shelters if you had a garden, or those without just used the underground to shelter in.  I can remember finally getting rid of ours when I was about 12. Yes, heating still on here, although at its lowest, but still wish it was warm enough to stop using it.

Dian I think I am going to have to ignore your mother's warning about not destroying photos and get rid of a lot of them that have a lot of my in-law's neighbours in - perhaps I should have a little ceremony and bury them in the garden - gentle way of off loading them  Wink  Rolling Eyes.  Yes good catch up on the phone with Maria and Gennie and all is okay with them.  Friend Anne phoned last evening and she had some sad news about friends in Cornwall, one of them has died, but she was 98 and in one of the homes, so was well looked after and it wasn't the virus - the home she was in is free of it.  Anne had planned about this time of the year to drive down and see them, but that can't be done yet.  I have found it safe enough to go shopping myself and because they have made the bus passes useable at all times at the moment, I have found the safest bus routes to use, although can walk to the centre when I am feeling fit enough and reckon you will be pleasantly surprised at the ease with which you can use the shops, when you are feeling fit and able enough to do it. See you have been busy spring cleaning the bathroom and it might be taking you longer than usual, but sure you will be pleased when it is finished today.

Well ladies I think I had better get out and water the garden as the sun seems to have disappeared for the day and still no rain forecast.  Enjoy the rest of the afternoon and evening.
Ritadonni
Ritadonni

Tue May 12, 2020 8:03 pm
Grrr I give up. Lost another one.  I am ok. Nothing to report  really,  tho wrote  something before. But nothing of interest really. Done nothing except usual  house cleaning, washed a few things etc. Gave in order for groceries which will come on Thursdsy..quiet day for me as it is for many on lockdown, but there are many who never get out of the house anyway, just got to be content with oneself and thsnkful for the Internet.
Bye , hah I put Vodka and Cola on the groceries order, I am told it's a nice drink! , ?
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Wed May 13, 2020 10:01 am
enjoy that drink Rita. I did get your card yesterday thank you.
it is cold and windy yet again, the heating back on. never have had it on at this time of the year.
Dian I am glad you sat in the sun, maybe it will be back down here soon. the trees out the front are heaving with the wind. Cocos walk still in doubt.....
I am having a nurse wearing PPE coming here on Friday to give me a B12 jab.........not allowed up the surgery, and all diabetic tests here are not
being done they tell me. I managed to get David on the list for an injection in his arm, but they are not being done either. Have noticed when
phoning the surgery that they are very friendly, unusual....that are OK usually but extra nice now????????????
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Wed May 13, 2020 12:17 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 3 Mljmpf10Hi Ladies.  Before I forget to mention it, had an email from Jean and she has said that she did forget to mention that they are looking forward to a trip out in the car on Monday.  Said to her in my reply that the last couple of days I have been content to stay indoors and sort those photos, but must get rid of the "can't be bothered" feeling and get myself out in the garden.  Earlier was a bit windy, but sun keeps coming through and will put the gardening coat on and force myself to be a bit more active today.  Yesterday all I did out there was another bit of dead heading and did water it in the evening, but the grass must be cut again today and think I should try and finish the cutting back of the Eucalyptus.

Rita, seems as though you got quite a bit accomplished yesterday and also got through the grocery order.  Enjoy that drink of vodka and cola - now I don't like any form of cola, but enjoy a vodka with tonic  Smile.

Jean you can see from above I have told the ladies about your planned trip out on Monday and hope you and David both enjoy it.  Yes was still cold here first thing and windy, but just turned off my heating again (I wish that could be the last time it was on) and will get on the gardening coat and get out in the garden.  Actually sun is very hot when it is shining through if you can find a sheltered spot and wondering if you have got out for a walk with Coco yet.  That doesn't seem good that diabetic tests aren't being done, but glad you have got the nurse arriving on Friday to give you the B12 injection and see you have managed to get David on a list for the injection in his arm - so fingers crossed he gets that  Nice change your surgery staff being so pleasant on the phone and perhaps because they don't have so many people to deal with in the surgery and now have the time to be more relaxed  Wink.  

Expect you will post later Dian and hope your day is going well.

Well although I put on a Good Morning gif, it is now 12.15, so had better get a move on - enjoy the rest of the day all of you.

Ritadonni
Ritadonni

Wed May 13, 2020 1:11 pm
Hi, windy day and chilly. I have washed 15 summer scarves will dry in no time. Last night phoned hospital
and they kindly said they would give a message to my friend who is there with broken leg snd virus, so that is good as no letters are allowed. My door bell is not working but son will get the special small round flat battery for it, I still have trouble hearing but hope anyone who comes will knock hard on the door,.
My son In law in Canada is going to and fro having various tests and a cardiac consultant will do an on line exam//consult on line, so hoping all can be done remotely.? He is still ok for going out for walks etc.
Builder next door working alone building two bungalows, A slow jjob one man.. Only dog walkers going by here, very few cars but bus to northsmpton every hour, empty. So we must be content with our own company as it will be fir some time yet. No one to quarrel with!
Bye for now,
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Wed May 13, 2020 3:00 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 3 63708418 Pauline you have done well with the photos but does take time.Really good you are managing to get out shopping. See you are itching to do some more gardening so hope weather stays pleasant for you.Good to hear Maria and Gennie are fine
Jean that is good nurse coming to give you your injection on Friday and do hope David does get his too Great  you will get out a drive soon
Rita will be interesting watching the bungalows getting built Maybe he will get some help soon.I am a bit like you as nothing exciting happening here and each day much the same.Hope your daughters husband gets seen to soon.
Another bright day but certainly chilly Might try and sit out for a short time.Not done much today at all.Feeling quite stiff today Sad

Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Thu May 14, 2020 11:03 am
it is certainly chilly again, got the heat on again. decided to leave the washing indoors as well. it is the wind.
shall have to put Coco in her coat when I take her out very shortly.
son has just come round with some groceries. he is back at work next week for one week.../
the sun is out but the wind spoils it. keep reading it will be 70 degrees. this is all my fault as I got out the summer trousers
and am sitting here in winter ones.
glad you got those scarves dry Dian, must turn mine out. my get up and go has gone!!
still awaiting insurance form from the doc. re the holiday. he has sent a letter but they are not having that.
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Thu May 14, 2020 1:13 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 3 Uauvyc10Hi Everyone.  Another sunny day out there and must water early as I ran out of time to do that last evening after a long day in the garden.  The grass on the council bank outside had reached over 18inches high, so I got out there and cut it and by the time I had finished I had emptied the lawn mower box 6 times and yes, those cuttings did get thrown behind a few existing scrubby bushes that once was a garden, but is never tended by the council now - their grass, so their cuttings got dumped back on their land.  While I was doing it four of the council contractors grass cutting vehicles went past on the road and I got a few looks and wondered if they might take the hint to cut the remainder of it.  Here are some photos:-

The garden this morning and looking neat and tidy after the mowing

Hello Everyone - Page 3 P1130066 Hello Everyone - Page 3 P1130067 Hello Everyone - Page 3 P1130110

Lupins and other corners looking good

Hello Everyone - Page 3 P1130068 Hello Everyone - Page 3 P1130111 Hello Everyone - Page 3 P1130115

Pathway cut from back gate and next one going along back fence (where I also sorted out my shrubs and weeded) and then third one turning the corner to the next section

Hello Everyone - Page 3 P1130069 Hello Everyone - Page 3 P1130070 Hello Everyone - Page 3 P1130071

Going up the next section to the top and along those fences at the top is where I dump the cuttings and then three photos showing coming back down again

Hello Everyone - Page 3 P1130072[/url Hello Everyone - Page 3 P1130073 Hello Everyone - Page 3 P1130116 Hello Everyone - Page 3 P1130117

That last photo shows a section of the fence that was replaced when the car came through and that now needs staining - more jobs to do.

I started this before 10 this morning and then went out to take the photos and since then had a couple of long phone calls with Rachel.  In the last hour the council contractors have actually cut the rest of the bank and you can bet your life that was after seeing me working away yesterday - excuse the language ladies, but talk about taking the piss (or as Stephen and Susie's dad would have said "extracting the urine").  Anyway I am now going to stop and make some lunch and then be back to read your posts and give you the good news I heard from Rachel.

Last edited by Pauline on Thu May 14, 2020 2:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Thu May 14, 2020 2:15 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 3 D3f2uy18Pauline just know you will be busy as ever Hope your day going along nicely with no problems.Now just seen your post and was so right as you were so busy cutting grass and must say looking good.What a difference when grass is cut.looking forward to hearing good news
Jean hope you did get out with Coco and yes chilly here.to Hope you get your insurance all sorted soon.It was Rita who washed all her scarves but think that will be my next chore too
Rita well done with your scarves washing. Hope your day has gone well
Got up and showered washed and set hair Badly needs a cut. Did some housework also small washing and got it out but think we will have rain soon. Now off for a nice cuppa. Enjoy your day ladies
Ritadonni
Ritadonni

Thu May 14, 2020 2:52 pm
Have just had a delivery of food from Budgens village store.  It is not a huge store. So cannot get some things that larger stores stock, nevertheless I am not starving.  I have also putin an order to a frozen food place that delivers on Monday, mini meals as I don't always feel ike a big dinner.  It is not so windy now so I will have a little walk  up and down the street as being inside I forget how to walk on the pavement  with my trolley.
My daughters husband  will need an operation on his heart but will be ok on medication until can get into the hospital        
my granddaughter feels ok but is still waiting for results of her Fourth Covid Virus test as all previous ones were positive.     She works in office at hospital l and is able to work on computer at home...
I must look in computer and try to find what a Large glossy tree-like weed is that has appeared in back garden.   I already have a Japanese Bamboo which is invasive and a bother it gets everywhere. And now this other  thing is too much.
Now that rules are more relaxed will you be able to get out  for a while Dian, do you have to go for a hodpital check up.
Jean, will you be going off in your. Car somewhere on Monday. Is David keeping well..
Pauline, have you cleared your store place  yet but I guess if not they will give you time to clear it later.    You will be seeing results if your work in your garden niw that more flowers will be blooming. I have good show of  montbrezia, no that's not the name, I forget it,

Cheerio all
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Thu May 14, 2020 3:06 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 3 Pnrcb211 Back again.  Yesterday I also managed to get a lupin out of a tub where it was with the chrysanth and not doing well and transplanted that in the garden and today it is looking okay, plus got some washing done, so a pretty full up day.

Anyway the good news I heard from Rachel (and she was driving to meet Beth in a park to give her the cards and presents for her 19th birthday) that the move to the new house is two weeks tomorrow - at last everything in place.  Now all we need is for good news about the wedding. Stephen had arranged to take the last couple of days off this week, plus all of next week, but found he had routes to do with deliveries until the finish of this week, but only one delivery to make next week and Rachel had tried to book next week off (that was before they knew the move was definite), but her firm told her that they needed her working full time from home, but she has now told them that she will need a couple of days off just before the move, but expect Stephen can get quite a bit done by himself next week.

Rita see you got some summer scarves washed and also managed to phone the hospital the night before and they are giving a message to your friend who is in there with a broken leg and virus (and hope she improves soon) and also hope that Peter has managed to get the battery for your door bell by now so you can hear anyone who comes to the door.  Do hope all will be well for your s-i-l in Canada and that the trouble isn't too severe with regard to the heart - let's hope it can be resolved with the virtual consultation and as you say, at the moment at least he can still go out for walks.  That is a slow building job going on next to you at the moment as the builder is working by himself and hope there is not too much disrupton for you at the moment because of it.  Now the back to work has started, perhaps the buses will have more people on them that pass by your door as it is the Bedford to Northampton run.  Over the last two weeks the traffic has been far more frequent passing by my house and more people walking about.  Rachel said on the phone this morning that the queus at the garage for fuel took a long time with a lot of drivers filling up.  Just went to post this message after seeing that Dian had posted today and now caught your message.  Not good news about your son-in-law seeing that he will need an op on his heart, but apparently will be okay on medication until that can be carried out and hope it all goes well for him.  See your granddaughter still can't do her job at the hospital as she has still tested positive for the virus and is waiting for the results of the 4th test to come through, but at least can do the computer work from home.  I heard on the news that there is a new test developed in Switzerland that is able to determine if you have had the virus and are now immune, because unfortunately it now looks as though we will never be free of it, which is worrying.  See you have had a grocery delivery today and got some frozen food arriving on Monday and hope you enjoyed the short walk today along your street.  Hope you can track down what that plant is that is taking over your garden and find out how to get rid of it, plus see you have a good show of flowers at the moment.  No Rita, I haven't cleared out the lock up fully and still plenty to get from there and with the present circumstances and the fact that I have to do this alone, they will just have to put up with the time I am taking.  Tomorrow I must go out for more bird food and potting compost and hope to clear a few more things from there, bring that lot home and then go out again for some top up shopping.  The amount of bird food I need probably means I can't do it all in one go.

Dian with the interruptions today I still haven't got that garden watered and it badly needs it with the wind drying everything out, so will attempt that in an hour and perhaps get a couple more jobs done.  Those photos are going to take a long time and told Rachel this morning there is a nice one of Stephen and Susi's dad, Brian.  It looks as though it was taken fairly recently before his death and Rachel said not to tell Stephen and perhaps we could have it enlarged and put in a frame for him as he hasn't really got any decent ones of his Dad that were taken over the last couple of years - good suggestion that.  See yesterday was bright, but chilly and the same here and kept my old gardening coat on all the time I was outside and as you were a bit stiff yesterday, perhaps it wouldn't have been such a good idea to sit outside as it was cold.  Just went to post this messsage and got notified that you had posted and see it is another chilly one for you today, same as here.  Hair washed for you and it badly needs cutting and see you have done some washing and housework and now off to enjoy a cuppa.  Thanks for the remarks about the photos and yes, cut the grass and the gardens look 100% better.

Jean, well I have switched off the heating again this morning, but can't say it feels that warm indoors and is cold outside still despite the sun and can see you planned to put Coco's coat on for her walk and bet you needed yours on too.  Groceries from your son delivered this morning, which is a help and see he is back at work next week for one week at least.  Still waiting to clear up that Insurance claim as they want the form filled in by the doctor, all very frustrating.

Well I must away now ladies and get on with the work and hope you all have a fairly easy day and evening.  
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Fri May 15, 2020 9:31 am
sorry I got the scarves mixed up it is the wind blowing my brain hope there is good news about the test Rita
Pauline glad that house move is sorted now for the wedding
I cannot get on with anything waiting for the nurse who has just come in fact two of them they could not find the house nobody can
I have the no. on the wall but most people cannot find it and ring up to as where I am.  Ah well all done for another three months
I just wonder if anything will be done in the garden today......
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Fri May 15, 2020 5:40 pm
.Hello Everyone - Page 3 Cqvrhw30 Pauline good news for Rachel and Stephen.They will be so pleased all going ahead now Nice idea with Stephen,s dads photo I,m sure he will like it.Yes surprising how that wind dries out the ground.Good your lupin liking its new position.Hope you managed to get your plants watered
Jean good your nurses arrived after trying to find your house. Wonder if you got out in garden today and coco out for a walk
Rita do hope your granddaughter gets a clear in her test. Great  she can work from home and good she is not feeling ill.Getting out for  a walk does help Nice to see other people out too.
Well I have had a really nice day younger daughter called with husband and we had a nice bite to eat out the back away from each other.She had brought food with her all cooked from local take away I really enjoyed the company then later elder daughter brought me my shopping and she stayed for tea but 6ft apart so  really enjoyed the day.Wiped all handles ect down.Cheered me up.now off for something to eat but not sure what as not hungry Thought we would have had some rain today but none arrived so will need to water plants tonight again

Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Fri May 15, 2020 7:07 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 3 P081qy10Hi Ladies.

I went out shopping today wearing a long sleeved top and a warm cardigan and it was okay, but I have been sitting indoors doing work on the computer and I am now really fed up with feeling cold and the heating is back on Crying or Very sad.  Left about 9 and went straight to B & M and got so loaded up with bird food, etc., including a very large bag of bird seed and tub of fat balls, plus large bag of peanuts, suet pellets and another tub of mealy worms, plus large bag of dried cat food for the hedgehogs.  Also spotted a nice potted chrysanth (dark red) and hope it will retain that colour next year because by then I will have it in a larger container.  Also bought a couple of their ready meals and when I came out of there the trolley was completely loaded up, plus carrying a bag and the bus came along so I went straight home and unpacked, washed my hands and made a coffee.

I then phoned Maria and told her I was going out again to do some more shopping and get potting compost and she said she would meet me at the bus stop for the bus that comes along just after 11 and go up there with me.  I then phoned Gennie and caught up with her and she was pleased that Maria was going a bit further shopping.  Met Maria and the bus came along almost empty and off to Tescos.  We then went our separate ways and I got all I needed, plus they had one last tray of healthy Asiatic Lilies left and couldn't resist them (mine haven't done so well this year and was thinking that I needed to buy some new ones). Then had to search for potting fibre - Tescos, Poundland and Wilkos all out of it, so went to the lock up first and worked on the stand holding a lot of necklaces, earrings and bracelets and got them in the trolley and then back to B & M and found a 50 litre bag of potting fibre, so put that across the top of the trolley and walked home with that lot and since putting all the shopping away again, washed my hands, made some lunch and been working on the computer since then.  

Got to go out in a minute and do a bit of watering because that wind has dried a lot out again, put the bird food down (again) and then go for an early bath and get into my pjs, work on the finances and list what I have spent today, but later on got to put the hedgehog food out at 10, so that will be another day over with.  Hopefully I can get some more garden work done tomorrow, but I see that rain is forecast for Sunday.  Yesterday I did get the garden fully watered, but after the wind today you wouldn't think I had done it, plus I got two more banana breads cooked (slice of that for breakfast this morning - naughty, but nice).

Jean I see the nurses eventually found you and you got your B12 injection today and hope that gives you some energy.  Wondering if you did get anything done in the garden today, because when I was out shopping the weather wasn't too bad, but certainly got colder again this afternoon.

Dian, as you can see from above I did get the watering done yesterday and it badly needs it again, but don't want to be out there in the cold too long, so think it will just be the seedlings that get watered and give some more to the lupin I transplanted and perhaps do the rest of it thoroughly tomorrow morning.  That was a lovely day you had yesterday with your youngest daughter and her husband calling with take away food and you all having a meal together (at a distance) and then your other daughter calling with shopping and she stayed for tea, so a nice social day for you and bet you all enjoyed it.  It does seem awful that after everyone going we have to wipe down the door handles, etc., and disinfect around, but got to be sensible and do it.  See you have got to water today and the expected rain didn't arrive and I have just checked the weather forecast here for the next two days and despite them mentioning rain for us here on Sunday, none is on the BBC forecast or the Met Office, so looks as though it is watering again for the next few days if this wind still keeps up.

Rita hope you have had some good news about your granddaughter's 4th test and she is now clear and that you have had a good day.  

Must away now ladies, get the seeds watered, bird food down and then off for a nice bath.  Enjoy your evening everyone. 
Ritadonni
Ritadonni

Fri May 15, 2020 10:35 pm
Jean, I am glad you got your i injection, it does seem a long time  since you were due to have one. Let's hope you feel better soon.
I take B12 tablets every day.
Dian, what a bright happy day you had with your daughters calling in and It being warm enough to sit in the garden  together.
So cheering for you.
Pauline, you dash around like a young woman and get so much done, amazing.  I saw your photos of lawn mowing  and then the council turning up afterwards. Your garden looks a treat and so many plants to tend.   You did a lot of shopping for wildlife friends first, then your own.  
My granddaughter finally got negative results so can go back to work.   My son came this morning and out new flat disc kind if betterj in my doorbell.   I did not see him as was not feeling well, had been up early then felt  just had to lie down so missed him.  I went fir a walk this adternoon  hoping to get rid of headache but it didn't  help, I keep dozing I off.  Will have a camomile tea  and get off to bed now, will feel better tomorrow.
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Sat May 16, 2020 10:56 am
Hello Everyone - Page 3 Qsizgx10Hi Ladies.  Another sunny start to the day and white fluffy pigeon breast feathers over the lawn, but think it must have got away and now one of the crows is down feeding and nothing is going to argue with him.  Soon had to put more bird food out as what I put out last evening has nearly all gone again and will have to water the garden as only did the seedlings last evening.  I really should try and finish that Eucalyptus tree today as that is top of the list and do a bit more maintenance (in the corner where that is) on the trellis on the fence there - both existing ones need lifting and putting back into place and there is one missing where that branch from that looming tree brought it down and I did save some narrower ones from off of the old fencing that has just been replaced and think one of them will do there, as I do have honeysuckle and a passion fruit vine rooted in a large pot and growing well and need something to climb on.

Yesterday while I was waiting at the bus stop for Maria I found a bunch of 4 keys on a lanyard so when I got home I put a post on the Nextdoor site, but so far nobody has enquired about these, so just sent an email to the Northants police in this area, describing them and letting them know that I have the keys in case anyone has reported losing them, as I am not going out again just to visit the local police station and think that is closed until Monday again.

Rita that is good news about your granddaughter being now clear of the virus and can return to work.  Would be good to know if she can have one of those tests to see if she has now developed an immunity to the virus - let's hope so.  See that Peter called yesterday and put in the new battery for your doorbell, but didn't stop as he wasn't feeling that well and you missed him because you had been up since early and had gone for a rest again.  Shame the headache didn't wear off with the walk and hope you are feeling better this morning.  Don't know about me dashing around like a young woman, because those two lots of shopping definitely wore me out yesterday and really didn't achieve much after that, but glad I got it done and that Maria decided to get the bus when I went on the second trip.

Expect you will post later Dian and Jean and hope all of you have a pleasant day.

Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Sat May 16, 2020 11:49 am
David is actually out in the garden, fixing chairs and generally making it look better. for some reason(and this drives me mad) he as not letting me help.
His arm is not good. yesterday he packed up Coopers bistro set, and they are collecting it on Tuesday. It did look nice, but he could not get the backs
on the chairs they it did not fit.
Rita good news about your granddaughter and hope your son is better. I have a keysafe to be fitted, but as yet, David cannot do it, and again he will not
let me try.talk about male pride. It is not his fault, but that doctor saying it was old age.
last night lost yet another filling, so am putting on the grocery list for that stuff you shove into the tooth
Pauline the energy levels have not gone up yet, have emptied yet another drawer, full of summer trousers, so it will freeze tomorrow
Dian glad you had good visits with your daughters
Ritadonni
Ritadonni

Sat May 16, 2020 3:39 pm
Just popped in here and saw your post Pauline.  My fault as i had missed out the letter (I) and  it read that Peter was not well, when it was me, that was why I had gone to lie down.   I feel a bit better today, headache gone.
Pauline, re. The keys you found, perhaps you could stick a notice at the bus stop saying you found them.
It would be nice for Maria having your company to go out to the shops.  I  Saw my next door neighbour this morning, she said her son had always done the main shopping for his family as his wife worked too but  he had had enough with queueing the other day,being tired after his work (lorry driver). And told his staying  at home  non working  dsughter  that she had to do the shopping next time and she  then said  that then she should   Not have to pay so much for her board if she had to go to do the shopping.
Lol! I am looking forward to going to the shops,, and having a coffee and a natter.
Jean, yes it must be frustrating fior David not to be able to get on doing jobs now. Too cold to sit outside here today.
You say about filling for your tooth I have one broken off, it's ok so far.
I hope you are having a nice day Dian.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Sat May 16, 2020 5:30 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 3 Ifopef16 Pauline well done on your shopping and so good to hear Maria met up with you.Hope somebody sees your notice for the keys.Great your work in your garden will be looking so good.Gives you a lot of satisfaction.Yes still chilly here and my heating has not been off.
Jean well done David with his work in garden so annoying when having to send faulty goods back.Hope his arm improves soon
Rita hope your feeling a lot better.I feel like you just dying to get out and about again so do hope it all improves soon
Well I have just had a lazy day and not done much but did enjoy it.Now off for something to eat but do not really feel hungry at the moment.Might go and water plants as we were supposed to have had rain but just got a light shower.Cold wind blowing
Enjoy your weekend ladies
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Sun May 17, 2020 9:52 am
Hello Everyone - Page 3 Pq2b1o12Hi Everyone.  Well I know I had planned to finish that tree yesterday, but ended up feeling aches and pains everywhere and as there was one branch I knew I would need the pruning saw on, there was no way I was going to put my right shoulder through it with a lot of sawing action, so spent a lot of the time yesterday sorting through the jewellery I had brought home from the lock up and finding matching pairs of earrings and putting them in small bags and then later on went out and put the new lilies in a planter and put the red chrysanth in a larger pot.  Got up a lot more of the wallflowers that had finished and planted out a lot of their seeds in one of the planters I had removed them from and then there were about four pots and planters with new foxgloves, wallflowers, etc., growing well, so sorted some of them out in an effort to clear a bit more off of the patio. Still aching a bit this morning and not sure what I feel like doing today - I know I will be happy when that tree is finished, but don't know about my shoulders. Crying or Very sad.

I had quite a long chat yesterday with Michael (the treasurer of our Monday and Wednesday clubs) and as far as he knows everyone from the clubs is keeping safe and well, but both of us reckon it is going to be a long time before any club meetings take place again or when the council allow the community centres to be used and as he says, it also depends on what club members want and as the Wednesday (and Thursday club which Maria and I don't attend) supply a cooked meal, it is down to Margaret, who does the cooking, what she is able and willing to do.

Just looking out at the garden and the birds have been busy with the food I put out there late yesterday (obviously hedgehogs visited because their food has gone and a couple of droppings on the lawn from them) and just now there was a magpie down and then a squirrel joined him and was having a good feed. Now I don't often get squirrels in the garden, but just hope it was a one off visit, otherwise the bill for wildlife food is going up again  Rolling Eyes  and I reckon that is where the aches and pains came from - lifting heavy bags of bird seed (as I bought the largest one this time) and also the large bag of compost.

Jean, hope David got all accomplished with regard to the garden furniture and see that one lot has to go back because the backs of the chairs didn't fit well - annoying that. See he wouldn't let you help either and you were mad about that as his arm is still bad. As you say, talk about male pride, particularly as he won't let you fit the key safe you have had delivered. Not good news you losing another filling, so see you have that on the shopping list, the stuff you can get to fill the gap. Didn't know you could get that and just looked at it on the internet and see although they are temporary filling ideas, they are expensive enough, but there is nothing else to be done at the moment, as the dentists still aren't open. See you are waiting for the energy levels to go back up again, but have still managed to empty another drawer.

Rita I now understand it was you that wasn't too well and that is why you had gone to rest again and missed Peter fitting the battery for the door bell. Glad to read you felt that much better yesterday and the headache had gone. With regard to that bus stop where I found the keys, it is quite safe to use during daylight hours, but afraid that in the evening that is where a group of undesirables gather (and at times the bus shelter perspex gets broken because of them) and just near there is an underpass and a block of flats where from time to time, you get drug dealers and there is no way that I am leaving a note on that bus stop giving my phone number or address, but in the meantime yesterday (because the local police station was closed until Monday) I did send an email to the local police giving them the information and so far, no reply and no response from the posting on the Nextdoor site, but if I can get to the local police station tomorrow when it opens and leave the keys there, then I will put a notice on the bus stop to say that the keys are with them. Not a good response from your neighbour's granddaughter when her father asked her to do the shopping - if that were me I would carry on doing the shopping and not get any food for her or prepare the meals - soon teach her a lesson. Hope that broken tooth for you still stays okay and doesn't give you any trouble.

Dian, yes Maria now knows that it is safe to use the buses and if she wants, she can wear the mask I ordered for her - we stayed at a safe distance from one another, but it was good to have the company for a while. Yes, my heating went back on again last evening and is still on this morning and I do wish the temperatures would hurry up and go up, because there are going to be higher than normal power bills for us to pay and my next one is in August, which is usually the lowest one of the year, but not this year it won't be. See you enjoyed a lazy day yesterday, but were thinking of watering later. I had planned to do that, but as it had mainly gone to a cloudy day, I just did the seeds again and the plants I worked on yesterday and today looks as though the weather is going to be patchy and we never did get the light shower forecast, but see you did get some rain.

Going to make a cup of coffee now and then make a decision on what to do next - have a good Sunday ladies.
[/font][/color][/size][/i]
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Sun May 17, 2020 11:52 am
Hello Everyone - Page 3 0sfnge19Well we now have rain and it is quite chilly.Just going to put heating on again.Mind you think the ground really needs some rain especially the farmers
Pauline I,m sure your busy as usual
Jean do hope you get your insurance all sorted.That is good your son gets you your groceries.A big help Yes I,m sure Coco will need her coat on today as it is quite chilly
Rita hope your having a nice day
Well nothing exciting since yesterday just pleased we have some rain so will not need to water tonight.......have a good day all
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Sun May 17, 2020 2:35 pm
it is actually warm out there after a cool start. went out and cleaned the barbecue chairs, which are all plastic, we have had for years. we do have newer
but David cannot sit in them very well, so that looks a lot better.
Rita, I too thought that your son was ill, glad you have recovered now.
Dian good you got the rain, but  we need it and so far it has not come
hopefully we will get out tomorrow to Little Itchington, about 45 miles from here. I wish to photograph the manor house.
so if I am not  on here that is where we will be. hopefully.
Pauline hate to think what the bills will be re energy etc. never had the heating on for so long
Ritadonni
Ritadonni

Sun May 17, 2020 6:35 pm
Sorry ladies I have run out of patience. I wrote a bit then looked back to remind me of what you had said and lost it all.
Never mind I am OK, just been to bed for an hour, these days it is annoying but I need to. it's been warm and sunny, changed my bed and washed sheets etc which have dried , quickly.
Jean I hope it's nice weather for your trip out tomorrow.
Dian, although you are confined to barracks it is  good to gave a nice garden to sit in, if the sun shines,,
Pauline, you must have the fattest population of birds - and hedgehogs, for miles around, they are so well looked after.
Have a good week all. I will close this before I lose it
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum