Nifty Fifties Plus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Ritadonni
Ritadonni

Hello Everyone Empty Hello Everyone

Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:17 pm
Great shots of your garden Pauline, I reckon you have too many plants to count. Such a display now, summer will be outstanding.
Jean, Dian, lazy days for us all, I have lost my get up snd go. Been to bed this afternoon, felt that I would drop if I Didn't lie down snd then slept on too long.  (Never satisfied eh!).   This morning I had delivery from local store, with minced beef and then it was either  cook it now or freeze it, so I chopped onions etc cooked it and put two portions in the freezer, had some  today and there is  more in
Fridge I. It's a boon getting food delivered but  would be great to select in a shop with more choice. Haha! I am old enough to to recall  when we had ration books  and queued when a shop had  -say - tins of  fruit.!     I have, enough food now to last for a while.  May
make myself  a  cake, Victoria sandwich, tomorrow   To keep busy.   We gave had a lot if rain, I Only have  a  tiny garden but would live to get out  weeding and clearing the spent  plants out, I must try to get a few bedding plants delivered from somewhere.

seen anyone today but last night  enjoyed a get  together on-line with daughter and niece, three together typing.
Ritadonni
Ritadonni

Hello Everyone Empty Re: Hello Everyone

Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:26 pm
Oh forgot to say I like yr posh hat and bag Pauline. Please tell Maria I am thinking of her as she is trying to keep up with her treatment in these uncertain times. And Gennie too.
Pauline
Pauline
Admin
https://nifty-fifties.forumotion.com

Fri May 01, 2020 10:16 am
Hello Everyone Wkxgg714Hi Ladies. Used one of my garden shots this morning for the gif and love the colour of that pansy in the pot with a red heuchera.

Just settling down to sleep last night when message came through on phone from Nextdoor site to say "1 a.m" and then on reading it learned there were armed police with dogs and gun shots heard on the upper part of the estate where Gennie lives - cannot find out anymore about it this morning, but obviously something serious going on. Another residents said at the same time there were similar things happening on another estate in the area, so sounds liked co-ordinated police raids. I also noticed over the last couple of days how much more traffic there is on the roads near me and this was mentioned on t v news, plus I stood outside last night in a dry spell, for a breath of fresh air with a cup of coffee and that was about 11 in the evening and spotted two aircraft going across, so movement of people increasing, but cannot say the same for clap for NHS and carers, etc., because that was very weak around here last evening. So that is my update on the outside world for today  Rolling Eyes  Wink.

Yesterday my sorting out the dining room, etc., involved more than I had planned, because one of the indoor plants looked a bit poorly, so sorted that out and put in some new cuttings that had rooted and re-sited another tall plant as it was getting in the way where it was, then had a good old sort through of all of the ornaments still left indoors and there are some that need repair, plus will need to bring in quite a few and liven them up during the next week or so. Also got all of the plant food, etc., sorted into one bag so managed to condense those items hanging around in the dining room. I also found some more paperwork to do, so haven't yet completed the dusting or vacuuming of the dining room or kitchen, but will crack on with that this morning and want to complete all downstairs housework today. I did remember to make up the bed again yesterday, before going upstairs in the evening and giving myself a shock to find it still unmade - have done that before. Got all of that washing dry of the bed clothes too yesterday on the airer indoors (because the heating was back on again as it is still cold and here we are in May), so suppose I had better do some ironing soon.

Rachel commented on the photo of the hat and bag "AWWWWWWWW I love it, its blooming fabulous. You look great xxxxx" and my son asked me if I had just ordered a parasol - he is definitely his father's son and I reckon I was a very patient lady to remain married to his father for so long (25 years) - mind you we still remained good friends after the divorce.

Dian, glad you enjoyed all of the photos and the garden is looking good - wish the grass would ease up growing for a while and with all of the rain it is certainly needing attention again. See your apple trees are full of blossom again and looks as though you will be busy later in the year giving away all of the apples  Smile. See you were feeling a bit down yesterday and hope it is a better day today for you. I think after those sunny spells and the weather changing again and with us all tucked away indoors, not surprising we get the down days. Wondering what the news is going to be in the coming days about easing the lock down. I see that Tom Moore broke the Guinness World record for the most funds raised by an individual and I know we all want to see him knighted. Someone asked him yesterday if he would be sending a telegram to the Queen when she reaches 100  Laughing.

Rita, yes the garden is looking a bit full now. This morning I had a walk around and there are 11 places where I had put in the gladioli corms and 9 out of the 11 are sprouting through and also those two clematis I bought last year are making good headway this year. See you liked the "posh" hat and both items are a perfect match for the outfit, so all we need to know now is that the wedding is going ahead. Not sure yet about the hen and stag dos - Rachel's is supposed to be in June and Stephen's in July - both of them in Spain, so a query over them. See you had a delivery from the local shop and got cracking cooking the mince with onions (same as me and I have enjoyed two meals of that this week) and you plan to freeze two lots. Can tell you that when I was lining up the other day outside Aldis and then 9 days later outside Lidls it did bring back memories of me in my pushchair with my grandmother, waiting in queues and me going to David Greggs when I was older to get powdered egg. I know we had our own chickens for fresh eggs, but think my grandmother (mother was at work) used that for cake making and talking about cakes I see that you are planning to make a Victoria Sandwich today and I have some banana bread planned as a few bananas turning a delightful shade of brown. Hopefully the garden centres might be allowed to open soon, so perhaps Peter can get some bedding plants for you before long. That sounded enjoyable last evening a three way connection between you, your niece and Leigh, all typing together. I always pass on everyone's good wishes to Maria and Gennie and they also send their love to everyone.

Jean I am hoping that you get that communication from the doctor before long so you can get that insurance claim sorted and that yesterday stuck indoors wasn't too boring for you.

Must away now ladies and crack on with that housework and hope you all have a reasonable day.
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Fri May 01, 2020 12:05 pm
that hat looks lovely Pauline. just hope that wedding goes ahead. my friend in Canada saw her granddaughter married by seeing it on her phone. they allowed 5 people being there
she cannot understand why we are not doing that so hopefully your wedding will go ahead.

Scary about those police and guns last night have not seen anything on here about it.
Yesterday was quite a wash out, never took the dog out. but today have done so and there are more people about
hope your day is better today Dian the sun makes such a difference.
Rita glad you are ok.
this morning thought was I saw was a huge rat going up the garage steps. David said yesterday he saw it and thought is was a squirel this is due to the garden next door, like a tip
he is deaf and can only hear some things which is driving me mad as well. just get a hearing aid I say
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Fri May 01, 2020 2:26 pm
Hello Everyone Oie_gl16 Pauline loved your hat and bag.So do hope your wedding goes as planned.It is weird how everything is in space as we do not really know what is ahead for all of us.You will be really pleased you have got so much done in your garden and everything looking so nice.Do hope all goes well for Maria and Gennie. Wonder if you heard anymore about the guns and police.....quite scary
Jean hope it was a squirrel and not a rat. Good you got out today with coco. Pleased I am feeling a lot better today
Rita think we are all feeling fed up locked in and everyday the same.That was nice having a chat to your daughter and her friend does cheer us up
Dry this morning so got a small washing out .S_I_L getting me shopping today which is a big help I am eating too much sweet items Mad but enjoying them Smile Think we will have the rain soon but so far has stayed off......enjoy your weekend ladies
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Sat May 02, 2020 9:48 am
everyone who phoned here yesterday was fed up, but hopefully that will change today as the sun is shining.
have had no more sightings of the rat.
it was 61 degrees in the lounge this morning so had to put the heat on for a while.
glad you are getting better Dian
the man from bowls died from a blood clot in his lungs
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Sat May 02, 2020 1:12 pm
Hello Everyone Bq4hj611Another photo used taken in my garden and I just love the scent from those Dianthus/Carnations/Pinks (whatever you want to call them).

First of all we got this info through about the arrests and sound of gunshots:-

"Three men are in custody following an incident in the early hours of this morning (Thursday, April 30) in Great Meadow, Northampton.

The incident relates to a burglary at a shop in Coppice Drive at about 1am.

Police officers located the suspects in Great Meadow where they were arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to commit burglary. The men, aged 25, 25, and 30, remain in police custody at this time.

Detective Chief Inspector Lee McBride, said: “We know there are a few concerns from members of the public after the incident in Great Meadow last night so I would like reassure everyone that no firearms were discharged during this incident, from either the suspects or the police officers involved in the pursuit.

“Our response last night was very fast and well-organised, resulting in these three men being arrested.

“Patrols will be taking place in the Great Meadow area today to offer reassurance to the community.

“If you see any officers on your daily exercise, please don’t hesitate to have a chat with them if you have any concerns.”

Message Sent By
Nick Paul (Police, Neighbourhood Sergeant, Northampton)"

People on Nextdoor site are still talking about the sound of bangs that woke them up, but no explanation about that.  It was apparently a Tesco Express store that the three tried to break into around the Moulton area, but the police obviously knew who they were after and they were arrested in the Greatmeadow area which is the upper part of the estate where Gennie lives and I used to - some dodgy people live in that area and the Harefield Road area of Blackthorn.

Yesterday before I continued the clean up of the kitchen end I thought it better to do the baking as there would be flour dust flying around and produced these banana breads with four bananas turning brown.  Easy Mary Berry recipe and only mashed the bananas and whipped the 4 eggs and then everything went into the mixer at once, so certainly a cloud of flour dust went up to begin with.  All tasty and had one slice for breakfast this morning (one of the 5 a day and only 4 to go  Very Happy  Wink) which I really don't recommend if I am on a diet   Rolling Eyes :-

Hello Everyone P1130055

Eventually after a lot more sorting of things that were lying around and waiting to go into cupboards (and I found more paperwork to be filed and dealt with) the kitchen and dining room got finished and at last is looking more like my home again and next  will do the downstairs loo, hall, porch and lower part of the stairs - upstairs will be started on tomorrow I reckon because if this lovely weather holds out then I might get some more garden jobs done later this afternoon.

Now I am really getting fed up because I had just answered you Jean and started to post to you Dian and that whole section disappeared on me. Luckily the rest of the post is still there, so here we go again.

Jean, I am not surprised that everyone who phoned you yesterday were fed up - this situation has been going on so long and the weather was cold and miserable too. Hopefully the sun at the moment will cheer everyone up again. Do hope that wasn't a rat in your garden from the rubbish nextdoor to you. I reckon my neighbours must have heard the remark I made to Stephen and Rachel while we were in the garden, because all of the sacks have disappeared. I never saw them go out with the recycling in the correct bins, so you can bet that lot have been fly tipped somewhere. Yes I am pleased with the hat and bag and all we can do is hope that by September they will allow larger gatherings and the wedding can go ahead. You can see above the explanation about the disturbance the night before last, but the police statement doesn't explain the loud bangs that woke people up. Put my heating back on again this morning for a while, but it is off again now. Not good news for you to receive about the bowls club member dying, but not much good news about at the moment.

Dian I am pleased with how the garden looks now, but it took a lot of time and effort and I sadly neglected the housework while I was getting it done and am pleased to have had a chance to get on with that over the last couple of days. With the good weeather back again today (and hopefully it will last), upstairs will have to wait and I will do a bit of that tomorrow. As you say none of us know what is coming next and it is like being in limbo land at the moment. If we really think about it, how strange it all is and none of us could have imagined this back in February. Just hope the scientist and medical researchers come up with some answers and a vaccine before long. You can see above about the police activity. Going to phone Maria in a little while to see how the blood taking went yesterday, but will leave phoning Gennie tomorrow (because this is one of her dialysis days) and wonder if she knows anything more about the police action. See you got some washing done and out yesterday and your s-i-l got some more shopping for you. You talking about sweet things, I had better not go to the cake tin too often over the next week, or will never get hack on the weight loss.

Hi to you also Rita and hope your weekend has started well.

Not again, just checked it all out on preview and fonts and colours have disappeared, so I have just copied and pasted it again and had to reinsert the photo of the banana bread, so fingers crossed it will hold this time.

Off to make a coffee and then phone Maria, so have a good weekend ladies.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Sat May 02, 2020 2:38 pm
Hello Everyone Fvlifi11Banana sponges look good Pauline and bet they were tasty.Got to treat ourselves sometimes.So annoying when you loose postings.Good you found out what all the trouble was with the police. Fingers crossed maybe things will improve soon and your wedding can go ahead. Hope you got good news from Maria.Good more paper work up to date.Great the rubbish from next door gone
Jean that was sad about the bowler.Good no more sightings of a rat. Yes think we are all getting itchy feet with this lock down
Rita hope your day is going along nicely.
Another quiet day here but enjoyed my roll and ham this morning and read my paper but not much new in news.Just might change my bed today or it will be tomorrow.Enjoy your weekend all
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Sun May 03, 2020 10:49 am
Glad you found out about that police raid. they too try to get into our little tescos shop every so often.
like the sound of the banana bread. I do not cook much as David cannot eat this or that, but I eat most things, but not mashed potatoes.
had a flyer from the council this morning, asking is we need any help. a bit late for that.
David will have to exercise as even he is getting itchy feet. He cannot go far but hope to get him out tomorrow.
it is so cold today, so the dreaded heating is back on.
Dian I like ham rolls, we have those long ones and put cheese in as well.
forgot my cousin has finally found the deeds. after trying three solicitors and the last one was the right one. ....
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Sun May 03, 2020 11:35 am
Hello Everyone Ajgrkb10Hi Everyone.

Yesterday I made the most of the sunny dry day and got the grass all cut again and the edges trimmed and one thing to brighten my day, my robin turned up again - suppose he decided I had spent a decent amount of time out there, so came to visit Smile. As you know,  I had ordered a new cover for the garden furniture, which wasn't supposed to be delivered until Tuesday, but found an email to say they had tried to deliver and would be back another day, so have put a note on the door this morning to say that if I don't hear them they can leave it in the bin by the side of the porch, but by the look of the weather (and we have already had rain again), I will probably be doing indoor jobs today, but will see how it goes.

Garden looking good again after the rain and the grass cutting and I must get a metal pin to hold that peacock in place and get rid of the rock:-

Hello Everyone P1130056 Hello Everyone P1130057 Hello Everyone P1130058

In the third one along the first starling arrives to get the food.

Then the pigeons join 2 starlings and the starlings decide to have a bath:-

Hello Everyone P1130059 Hello Everyone P1130060 Hello Everyone P1130062 Hello Everyone P1130063

Then a complete take over by the pigeons and see the one that has learned how to use the hanging bird feeder and I am constantly straightening that pole after all of them have put their weight on it - another straightening job coming up.

Dian, yes that banana bread turned out so well and was tasty.  Maria always follows the Mary Berry recipes for different cakes and that one I can confirm is good.  Yes I did speak to Maria and the blood test went well, but now she has to have another one on the Monday, plus see the doctor and the chemo has now been booked for the Wednesday in the Three Shires, so looks as all cancer patients for the time being, are being dealt with away from the General, but it is only across the road from there.  That's made my mouth water reading about your roll and ham, but an hour too early for my lunch, so will have to wait for a while.  Not that I read newspapers (spent too many years selling and delivering them and only read a free copy of the Metro if that is on the bus when I am travelling), but I would imagine that there isn't much worth reading in them at the moment.  Wondering if you got your bed changed or whether you decided to leave it until today.

Jean good news that your nephew finally found the solicitor who has the Title deeds to your Aunt's house, so now he can get things moving.  It is cold again this morning and my heating is back on for a while.  I see there are often attempts in your local Tesco small store and expect there are good pickings to be found in them, especially the tobacco and alcohol.  I suppose better late than never that you got the flyer from the council asking if you needed any help and they certainly haven't discovered me yet, so just as well we are coping.   Hope you can get out tomorrow as you say that even David is getting itchy feet.

I had an email from Rita to say that she couldn't get in here and it sounded as if she wasn't logged in and told her to check that out.  She also sent her love to you two and asked me for the recipe for the banana bread, so she could try that out in her microwave/ combination oven, so sent that to her.

Hope all of you have a pleasant Sunday.

Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Sun May 03, 2020 4:12 pm
Hello Everyone Checki17 Pauline just know you will have a busy day.Not sure how your weather is at the moment
Jean do hope you and David manage out soon.Think we are all so fed up being locked in.Great the deeds have been found
Rita hope your having a good day
Changed my bed yesterday so got it washed and out.Chilly when sun goes away but pleasant when it comes out.Helps brighten the day
Ritadonni
Ritadonni

Sun May 03, 2020 7:08 pm

Lost another whilst I was posting. Late last night I finally got in here and left short nite to say hello, but cannot find it todayl, then one just disappeared on me.
This shut in for older folk has to last another 6 weeks atl least, I didn't go far before but it would be a treat to see inside a grocery shop again, never mind other goods.
Jean you will be relieved that they have found the house deeds. At this strange time we do not know who is working in various offices and hard to get in touch with folk. I hope you and David can have a short ride out in the car and a little walk.
Dian, like you I would like to sit outside but too cold. Weeds are growing fast in my garden, how are you managing to control them in yours, but you do well to manage to cut the grass.
Pauline you are still keeping busy, thank you for the banana bread recipe, I will try it when my bananas are squab uy enoigh and will tell you the result. It's so long since I properly baked I will have to sort out the loaf tin. We have pigeons here, messy birds. They are the reason I stopped feeding the birds, what with them and the squirrels there wasn't much left for the little birds
Sorry, nothing to write about, like us all. But I did have a phone call from friend Muriel, who has builders working, (occasionally) on her neighbour's house and consequent disruption. Same as next to me, they have scaffolding up now, but I think they are waiting for delivery of materials to go further.
Best wishes all.
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Mon May 04, 2020 9:06 am
Hello Everyone Flower10It was such a dull, grey day yesterday and found it very hard to get going with things.  Definitely a down day so this morning decided I should put on a bright glittery gif to cheer us up.  It took a long while to get going for me yesterday and only got through a few bits and pieces indoors, but at least got my bedroom dusted and vacuumed.

I had planned to go shopping today, but have decided that I can wait until about Wednesday and anyway, washed my hair last evening and didn't bother to set it, so look like Worzel Gummidge this morning and going to trim some more off of it before I set it again, so that is the first job planned.  Those rollers will get covered with a scarf and that will stay on, because it looks as though it could be a fairly good day weatherwise and I am going to get the taller stepladder out and trim back the Eucalyptus before it gets out of control again this year

Dian here it was awful depressing weather yesterday, so cold and dull all day.  During the winter I can put up with days like that, but when we get to this time of the year and we have to put the heating back on again and it is dull and cold outside, then I do struggle,  so didn't get an awful lot done.  Got a few fiddly jobs finished in the morning and then caught up with some recorded t v in the afternoon and then late afternoon got cracking again and that is when I got my bedroom done.  See this morning they were talking about all of us over 70s and ages on up, that are still pretty active and in fairly good health, being annoyed if we are ordered to continue isolating when other people are going back to work, school, etc., (and we are supposed to be finding out those plans with Boris's speech next Sunday).  See you stripped the bed and remade it yesterday and got the washing done and hope you got some sun your way to get it dry - certainly makes us all feel better when the sun shines.

Rita so glad you got back in here and eventually managed to complete a post and get it on here yesterday.  With regard to this lock down we should all be able to get out once in a while to do some shopping and that is what was being said this morning on tv, but obviously it is too far for you to walk to your local shop, so you still have to keep to a short distance from home with regard to your walks and it is the same with Dian, with her mobility at the moment still not being as good as it was. Jean and David being able to drive it is better for them and me being such a short distance from the bus stop (or 12 minutes walk for me to the shopping centre, which used to be 5 a few years back) then we can still get out shopping.  When your bananas are over ripe then you can get cracking with the recipe and reckon you will be pleased with that - worked out perfectly for me and I am not the world's greatest cook when it comes to cakes.  Expect you enjoyed that phone call from Muriel and see she is putting up with the building work going on nextdoor to her, same as you.

Hi also to you Jean and expect the sun is out your way too at the moment.

Must away now ladies and be a lot more productive than I was yesterday.  Hope all of you have a good day.
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Mon May 04, 2020 10:38 am
I woke up this morning to yet another dull day. had the heating on for a while.
Pauline cannot remember seeing that part of your garden, all looks lovely.
turned out some drawers this morning so another job done.
pigeons are a problem for us too. will sit on the fence and drive Coco mad. am sending for some strips to put on the fence.
writing of Coco, she now taps Davids feet when she wants him to pick her up.......... he falls for it.....
yesterday my groceries did not arrived. finally got grandson, who said he had been feeling light headed. has arranged for step dad to deliver them later.
could he not have phoned me, as I was worried etc.(I think it is the stress of it all)
my cousin got two letters from the doc. saying she could not go out for 12 weeks.
Rita glad you got in here
certainly agree Dian that the sun makes this thing much better and even sitting in it it makes things seem not so bad
Hope Maria gets on ok.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Mon May 04, 2020 12:05 pm
Hello Everyone 1i6fjy14Pauline garden looking a treat and cheers one up when you see it looking so good.My hair starting to look a disaster so do hope hairdressers get back soon. Pleased all now moving for Maria. Good your covering for the garden furniture soon to be. delivered
Jean good for you in getting more drawers tidied I really must start that soon as all needing a good clearance Laughed at Coco with David
Rita good you managed in.Yes lets hope we can soon go out for short walks
Well pleased got bedding washed and dried yesterday so now needing ironed.I did sit out for an hour yesterday as was lovely when sun did appear.Last night enjoyed Van Der Valk then killing Eve. This morning watched the end of Homeland. Back been quite sore this last few days grrr.It is the wound not the usual painful one I had before but still sore Blossom out in full on trees and Rhododendrom blooming and another just about to bloom.Also must start trying to trim shrubs in front garden .Maybe one at a time Very Happy Trusting all having a good day

Ritadonni
Ritadonni

Mon May 04, 2020 1:18 pm
Just looking in to say "hi" . No chsnge here. I slept late this morning stsyed in bed as long as I could as nothng to get up for.. On Tv they were saying that Megan and Harry got a book published, whatever for - one day they want to have a Normal life then court publicity. I wonder if they are isolated? I went outto the dustbin, it seems quite chilly and breezy.
I have bottles and jars and wonder if one is allowed t go to the bottle bank in the village hall car park, probably locked gates. I saw the man who lives opposite putting bottles in the rubbish bin on the green. His wife is invalid likes Vodka.
I need things from the Chemist but will try to hang on longer then surely after 8 weeks It will be OK to walk there and go in the shop. They deliver my prescription for eye drops.
I must close my windiws now it's quite cold and windy now
Cheerio all, keep smiling?..
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Mon May 04, 2020 9:20 pm
I will be back in the morning to read your posts and answer, but in the meantime thought I would put on a couple of photos of what got done today.  I got my hair set and covered with a scarf, thinking I was going to be lopping back the Eucalyptus, but had to start clearing the area around the tree and there were planters needing attention (wallflower seeds to be collected from three of them, the gooseberry bush that is in that corner in a planter (and growing well and producing fruit) had to be moved as I don't want that damaged and then there were a load of forget-me-nots and antirrhinums that were growing out of the stones, so they got dug up and put in planters.  While I was doing all of that I didn't want the rest of the garden and patio to get cluttered with the things being moved, so decided to tackle the garden furniture and shift all of the bits and pieces that were on top of the old cover over that and having done that I resited it and there is now much more room to be able to use it and having cleaned the glass top I then put on the new cover that did arrive Sunday afternoon - that is one of the reasons I wasn't able to get on much on Sunday as I was hanging around so I didn't miss if it was redelivered.  So having done all of that the Eucalyptus tree will be tackled tomorrow. as the area surrounding it is now cleared and room to put up the step ladder and good weather is forecast for tomorrow.

So here is what I achieved today:-

Hello Everyone P1130064 Hello Everyone P1130065

Okay ladies I will be back in the morning and have a good night all of you.  xx

Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Tue May 05, 2020 9:57 am
it is so cold today still have the heating on, goodness knows what the bill will be, but we have saved on the petrol money so that will pay that.
yesterday escaped in the car around the block, seems loads more cars out there now.
hopefully tomorrow will sit in the garden
Grandson turned up with the groceries saying he is feeling better now.
today so far I have turned out one drawer .
Dian sorry to hear about your back, hope it is better today.
Rita glad to see you on here, did your family get tested?
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Tue May 05, 2020 11:01 am
Hello Everyone Vbwkt210Good Morning Everyone.  Well you can see what I did accomplish yesterday from that post last night and today I should get on with the lopping back of the Eucalyptus as the entire area under it is now clear, but although the sun is out there is such a strong cold wind blowing and at the moment I am enjoying the warmth indoors - yes heating on again.

Jean it did eventually cheer up yesterday and was fine to work out in the garden for me, so expect you got the warm weather in the end.  Yes the pigeons have definitely worn out the strips of wood that run along  the top of my old existing fence panels and got to see if I can sort them and see you are ordering some strips for your fence.  Had to smile the way that Coco taps David's feet when she wants to be picked up and he falls for that one  Very Happy.  Same here, as you can see from above, my heating back on again and this is when we should be able to save on the heating bills.  See you drove the car around the block yesterday to keep it going and I can see the same from the traffic passing my house - definitely busier on the roads now.  Glad you got your groceries in the end when your grandson turned up and said he is feeling better.  More drawers turned out in your house and I still have the remainder of the kitchen cupboards to deal with.

Dian, yes disaster area with regard to the hair and I still have the scarf on over the rollers today (having a Hilda Ogden day) and the rollers are staying in place until tomorrow morning, because I should get on with that tree today and tomorrow I want to go shopping.  Having lopped a lot more off I reckon most of the perm has been cut out, so the set won't last long, but hopefully look okay tomorrow to face the world again.  You can see from the post last night that the garden furniture cover did arrive and I am happy with that and the larger space there now is for the furniture.  See you got all of your bedding washed yesterday and dried and now need to do the ironing (me too) and got a sit out in the garden for a while in the sunshine.  I saw the second one of Van der Valk and reckon this is going to be a good series.  Killing Eve I now have 3 of them recorded and haven't attempted to watch them yet, but will do before long. Homeland is one of those series that I never did attempt to watch, because when it started I don't think I was recording at the time and didn't have the time to watch it regularly.  Stephen and Rachel said how good it was, but now there have been so many series it is not worth me catching up.  See the A Word returns this evening and will be watching that.  Perhaps you have been doing a bit too much physical work lately because your back is aching again, so go easy on the shrub trimming.

Rita see you stayed in bed a bit longer yesterday morning and why not - hope you enjoyed the lay in.  With regard to Harry and Megan - what a waste of space they have both become.  I reckon she was determined to get back to acting again, hence the move to LA.  If that pair stay together, then it will turn out just like the Windsors with him being at a loose end and doing nothing useful with his life from now on.  As you say, you cannot wish for a normal life and at the same time court publicity and it is no good complaining when you accept all of the good that comes from it and from time to time you have to put up with the negative stuff.  With regard to the bottle and jars you have to get rid of, I am wondering whether the bottle banks have been sealed off, the same as the recycling centres are still closed here - will have to see after Boris's speech next Sunday, if they will open up again.  If it is a reasonable distance to your chemist, then you most certainly can walk there - nothing stopping any of us going out shopping for groceries or medical items if we are able to walk the distance.  Just find out what times your chemists are open and keep a reasonable distance from other people.  I was lucky with Boots the other week when I arrived early and there were only 3 people in front of me in the queue.  Tomorrow I want to get to B & M, the bank, Lidls (maybe Tescos) and also get some more things from the lock up and will go out to catch that 5 bus just after 8 (as that won't be crowded) and then probably walk home.  Definitely cold and windy here this morning, despite the sun being out.

Well ladies I must away and see if it has warmed up enough and I am brave enough to get that tree seen to.  Hope you all have a good day.

Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Tue May 05, 2020 6:51 pm
Hello Everyone Oie_gl31Just popped in to say that I am halfway through seeing to the tree and just received an email to say that I have won £25 with the premium bonds and also just received another £10 lot of Amazon vouchers from one of the survey companies - so been lucky today.  Have a good evening ladies.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Tue May 05, 2020 7:24 pm
Hello Everyone Galas_14 Pauline well done on your wins  would certainly cheer you up.Garden looking a treat and it is so nice to sit in when it is all ship shape
Jean good your son is fine and you got your groceries Yes do think more folk are getting restless now as I see more folk out and about now too.My heating is still on
Rita know how you feel and think lots of folk are really fed up now.It will; be a treat for me to get out to visit a shop
Another nice day so got a small washing out and dried also tidied another bit of garden.I did sit out for a few hours and enjoyed the sun also read a book for awhile.Now going to water plants as have washed up dishes ec t
Ritadonni
Ritadonni

Tue May 05, 2020 8:24 pm
Dian, glsd you were able to sit outside for a while, it's been too cold and windy here. Reading if you watering the plants reminds me that I have not watered mine, so must hurry and get out there.
Jean, it's been windy here did you snd Davi get out for a little ride and fresh air?
Pauline? Nice surprise winning the Bonds and the £10 too. 'Did you get what you needed when shopping. It must be wearisome queing and keeping distance all the while. I just have to give in my order for delivery. Mind you it's a snsll shop so they don't sell everything but friends tell me that it is impossible to get deliveries from other places as all absolutely full.. Must go water the garden. Byeee
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Wed May 06, 2020 10:33 am
Dian it is true you just cannot get online deliveries, try everyday. I think if we are stuck in here longer, they should give us rations which one shop will deliver
just like the war days. glad you sat in the sunshine. too cold here yesterday.
Pauline nice to have those wins, we shall never win here with heating as had it one this morning for a while, and now David has left the door open
can feel the draft from here. As he says if you get a cold we are having the heating on. never had it one so long. off now as it should
#be fine.
Rita I shall be glad to go out shopping for groceries
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Wed May 06, 2020 2:38 pm
Hello Everyone Toohbt11Hi Ladies.  I didn't leave here until 9.30 and walked to the centre and got home at 1p.m (by bus), so out 3 and a half hours and the longest wait I had was the first port of call and that was B & M and that was about 15 minutes.  Got what I needed in there (and resisted the urge to buy any further plants) and straight across to the centre and the lock up first and have brought home two bags of small toys to sort out, then to Poundland, Tescos (including their Post Office) and the bank and after leaving the centre went to Lidls.  Got to get the shopping away after this and will watch Doctors and then back to finish off the Eucalyptus.  After the hot sun out there today the garden does need watering, but will do that when the sun is off of it.

While I was in Tescos I got a phone call from Rachel and she has more laptops to collect and deliver my way tomorrow, so will be here to have her lunch in the garden (which she is bringing with her) and that will be nice to have a natter with her for a while.  Maria is off for her chemo today and the doctor was pleased with all of the results he got yesterday and this afternoon I will catch up with Gennie again and see how she is and let her know how it went for Maria over the last few days.

Ossie was 3 yesterday and Rachel put these photos on of him:-

Hello Everyone 96372210 Hello Everyone 95975310.

They still miss Ted their tabby cat and that is a year now since he disappeared.

Dian, yes those wins did cheer me up and spent £5 on line this morning buying a floral material mask which is washable.  Margaret, out Residents council secretary put a picture of one she had bought from a local community group, so decided to get one off of them instead of making one, as it looks as though we might be required to wear them when out if a lot of the lock down is lifted after Boris's speech on Sunday.  Switched the heating off today again, but hearing the forecast for the weekend (particularly on Sunday) it looks as though it will be back on again.  I enjoyed the shopping trip today and almost everyone was keeping to the social distancing and all I can say is that being mobile I have found the shopping trips fairly easy and since the lock down (which is now coming to the end of the 7th week) I have done 5 of them and stayed safe.  With the number of people controlled on entering the shops it has been a pleasant experience (except for all of the muddle going on at the shopping centre on the Good Friday, when I went away from there and shopped at Lidls instead).  See it was a nice day for you too with the weather and you got some washing done and did some more tidying in the garden and then had a nice sit down out there reading your book and planned to water the plants later.  Here is a photo of he mask I ordered (sorry it is such a small picture and can't find a way of making it larger):-

Hello Everyone Maskrz10

Rita yesterday it did start off with a cold wind, but I was able to start dealing with the tree later in the afternoon and it was sunny then and the wind had died down.  As the weather was good on Monday and yesterday I just concentrated on the garden jobs again and it was this morning I went shopping and you can see what I said to Dian above about my experiences shopping over the last 7 weeks.  Hope you got the watering done and I did give mine a miss yesterday, but must do it today.

Jean, while I was in Tescos I bought some stamps at the post office and posted your card (a bit early for the birthday, but with another Bank Holiday coming up I thought I had better post it while I was out this morning).  I just didn't bother with even trying to get an on line delivery - too much hassle - and have been satisfied with the shopping I have been able to get myself - was a bit hit and miss at the start with all of the panic buying going on, but everything has been so much calmer over the last couple of trips and I think all of you will be surprised when you do venture to the food shops again. Yes true, it certainly is going to cost us more for our heating bills with the cold weather still arriving on and off and not looking forward to what is forecast for the weekend, so we can all do with some winnings to boost the bank balances and was happy with what I received.  

Well ladies I must away and get that shopping away before the frozen items defrost.  Hope you all enjoy your afternoon.    

Last edited by Pauline on Wed May 06, 2020 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Wed May 06, 2020 3:30 pm
Hello Everyone A_zpsd23Pauline  great to get out and get your own shopping Good idea to get the washable mask as think we will all be wearing them.You will be looking forward to Rachel calling and catching up .Good news for Maria do hope it keeps going like that for her.....do hope Gennie is fine too. Loved the cat shame they never found the other one ....sad
Rita hope your having a good day and lets hope we shall soon be allowed out
Jean you must be getting so fed up too with being locked in
Well it is a beautiful summers day must be in the 70s.I got out a recliner and sat in sun for an hour but had to come in as was too warm so will have a cuppa then maybe pop out again.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum