Nifty Fifties Plus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Hello Everyone Empty Hello Everyone

Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:07 am
Hello Everyone Cbyezb11Pauline I am sure you won the battle with the screws and will all be in order once again Hope your having a good day
Jean hope all goes fine at optician  for you .That it so sad for your friend not having her op on her eye
Rita makes a difference getting out for just a short walk and chat to someone .A nuisance for the lady locked out.
Well another cold miserable morning but see my window cleaner has arrived. First clean this year
Now off to get some housework up to date. News so depressing these days

Pauline
Pauline
Admin
https://nifty-fifties.forumotion.com

Hello Everyone Empty Re: Hello Everyone

Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:59 pm
Hello Everyone Glitte13  Full up day so far.  Got the first vaccine jab and will be notified in 12 weeks when the next one is due (and that was the Oxford/Astrazenica one which I preferred).  All quickly done and then walked back down to the local shop to get a birthday card for Maria (birthday on 8th) and got some top up shopping and picked up some bargains in there.  One pack of casserole steak for £1.75 reduced as it was getting near sell by date and that is now cooking.  I had two large tubs of gravy already in freezer so have used them and added onions and some fresh mushrooms I already had, plus some black pepper - didn't need much else in the way of flavouring because the gravy had already been drained from beef I had cooked before.  That cleared two large tubs from freezer and hopefully will get four dinners out of the lot that is cooking - one to eat either tonight or tomorrow and three to go in the freezer to use at a later date and it is smelling good.  Quite happy with that morning's work.

Going to try and chase the dentist for an appointment this afternoon and yesterday got a message from the kitchen fitter that Greg recommended, so will phone him and make an appointment for him to call here and get some advice from him.  Got to make a decision on what to front the bar up with next and then continue with that job and when that is done I can place that where it is best and get the contents back in that and once again the downstairs might look a bit straighter.

Dian yes I will win in the end with the bar and will be glad when that is finished.  One of those jobs that has been on the list for quite a while and will be glad when that gets crossed off.  It would be nice if Barbara can join us on here and see if Jean can persuade her.  Another cold miserable day for you yesterday and the same again today and you ended up getting the washing dry indoors on the rads.  Glad you got rid of that coughing fit and did get to sleep after that.  See your window cleaner arrived this morning and it certainly will be good when Spring arrives - hopefully not much longer to wait, but as you said, more snow forecast first, (beast from the east type too - brrrrr.....).  More housework for you today and at least that keeps us busy and not listening to the news and very sad yesterday hearing the news about Capt Tom - we have certainly lost a national treasure with his death, but am sure he will be remembered for a long time.  Like the idea of a statue for him being erected in his home town.

Rita, how worrying for your neighbour getting herself locked out and so easily done too, but thankfully it got sorted for her with the help of the taxi fare from another neighbour and her son getting back with her and getting into the house.  At least that gave you an interesting walk and people to talk to while you were out.  Really pleased for you that you are feeling that much better and hope you continue to improve.  Bar is on the way to getting sorted and no it wasn't refreshments from the bar that I had while I was working on that - put my feet up for a while and enjoyed a cup of coffee with a slice of cake (so much for the diet).  I was happy to know that Maria is going to get help with regard to the housework because I know it wouldn't help to cheer her up not being able to keep the house as clean as she would normally.  I mentioned above that her birthday is on 8th of this month and if you want to send her a card or drop her a line or two, I know that would help to cheer her up.  See you have definitely started the spring cleaning with the help of long handled brushes, getting behind the furniture and dusting the top of taller furniture and in the ceiling corners - well done you.  It certainly will be good when we can get the washing outside to dry once more - roll on that better weather.

Jean, hope you can persuade Barbara to join us on here.  That was sensible buying one of those key safes, but can't get it fitted yet, because David wants to do this himself and of course, can't do that at the moment with the arm trouble and suppose you would get told off if you attempted to do it.  Hope the opticians appointment goes well for you and that isn't good news about your friend having that op cancelled twice - as you say, doesn't hold out much hope of getting the sight back in that eye for her.  I know that I am starting to get that much straighter, but the things I possibly won't use again (and so far there are two stools and some racking) are now getting in my way - do hope it isn't much longer before the charity shops open again.  There are a lot of ornaments too that I want to go, but they have to stay in their place for the time being.

I am off to check the cooking now and then make those phone calls and if I feel like I have the energy, back to the bar work  Rolling Eyes  Very Happy. Have a good afternoon all of you and a peaceful evening.  
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:52 am
Hopefully will get a card off for Maria this afternoon, when about 5pm I get the fish and chips. As you know I get everything
felt a bit colder today, am taking Coco out after this.
the opticians went ok, having a new pair for £67 with reactive lenses. she said that in a year or two would have to get my cataracts done, but as I can see this without any specs. I will wait until I really need that. Told the same to my friend June as well.
it was nice to be out in the world. although all masked up of course
will see if Barbara has replied later
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:15 pm
Hello Everyone Hqtk8s10 Hi Ladies. Only a short post today.  Last evening I started getting a reaction to the jab and it started with aches and pains in the shoulders, top of the arms and neck into upper back - just like flu symptoms when even your skin is sore all over and was warned that this could happen.  Eventually went to sleep at 2 and woke up at 6 for a bathroom call and straight back to bed and slept until midday.  Still aching and won't be doing much that needs any energy today - back to resting again.

Jean that was lucky those glasses being so reasonable and as you say, as you can see this small print easily then you know that cataract op is quite a way off.  I have been told the same, but so far they are not a bother for me either.  Thank you for getting the card for Maria today when you go out to get the fish and chips and see you are having to do all of the running about now.  Hope you managed to persuade Barbara to join us and if she is happy to do so, let me know and I can send out an invite from this group.

Hi to you also Dian and Rita and now I am away back for a rest again and catch up with a few gentle things.  Emailed my dentist yesterday and so far, nothing back from them and must get in touch with the man that Greg has recommended re advice on the kitchen and hope he can get here next week and hopefully by then I might have finished the bar and got a lot more things back in their places and out of the way.

Hope you all have a good day.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:02 pm
Hello Everyone Yjun1c11 Pauline sorry your vaccine has had such a reaction but I am sure it will pass .Hope you do manage to get an appointment with your Dentist. Wise to stay indoors and keep warm
Jean well done in getting out. Good you got your glasses at such a good price. Do hope Barbara would like to join us
Rita do hope your having a good day
Well it is such a miserable wet cold windy day. Rain has not stopped for 1 minute. Will need to put on raincoat to bring in bins grrrr. I have showered and set hair for tomorrow
as daughter will take me for shopping I hope
Ritadonni
Ritadonni

Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:32 pm
Pauline, I am sorry that you are having such a reaction to the Virus jab and are so poorly. Have you got toothache or is it for a checkup you are getting appointment. If I get out I will send card to Maria otherwise will be on line greetings.

Jean, your new glasses seem to be a good price, I have had both my cataracts done. Yes, it would have been good to get out for a break somewhere. Did you take Coco out later.

Dian, constant rain is so depressing and dark, nice if you can get out to the shops even only food shops.

Well I have just laid about all day, still painful trying to pee, I have emailed Doctor couldnt get thro on phone. My land phone will receive calls but I cannot ring out and only do texts on mobile phone. I need a new Mobile phone too, dont know what kind to get, so many people seem to lend/rent phones pay monthly.

I hope you all have a good day tomorrow, lol! I never know which day it is. Yesterday I spent ages putting in an order to Sainsburys which will be delivered on Wednesfay, it takes so long and I couldn't find some of what I wanted, so after all I think I will be better to just get from local shop delivered, even though not much choice and see how it goes.
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:00 am
Hello Everyone Amhtku11  Hi Ladies.  A couple of those polyanthus are opening up in my garden, along with a few others of different colours - so signs of Spring.  Another damp morning and keep seeing the snow forecast again, but do hope not. Feeling much better with just a slightly sore upper arm where the injection went in and with still aches and pains in the legs, but going to go to the cente today to post the card and get a couple of items I couldn't get in the local shop as decided my legs need some walking exercise.  Mask on and catch the 5 bus that has fewer people on it when it gets to my stop, but will endeavour to walk home.

No reply from the dentist so will phone them this morning and must phone the kitchen fitter this morning before I go out - both calls I should have made yesterday, but didn't have the energy.

Rita, please don't make a special journey to get a card or post anything to Maria and I will pass on your messge to her, because as you know, she isn't handy with computers, but uses her phone more and Whatsap to speak to her brother in Spain and her godddaughter still stuck in Bali because there are no direct flights from there to the UK. Yes that was quite a bad reaction to the virus that I had, but still glad to have received it and at my local surgery too.  The appointment at the dentists that was cancelled was just for a check up and thankfully haven't had any trouble with the few teeth I have left.  See you are waiting to hear from the doctor again after your email to the surgery because the waterworks are still troubling you.  With regard to mobile phones, I was lucky because I saw a good offer for a Samsung Galaxy android phone with Tescos - they have their phone shop attached to their main shop in my shopping centre and I had also heard some good reports from a couple of club members back in 2019 about the Tesco service, so just before lockdown last year I managed to get one of the Galaxy phones off of them - it could have been £10 per month, which included the phone, over a 24 month contract paid monthly, but I also had it put up to £12.50 to include any extra data, which until now I haven't needed to use, but could be useful and I have found their network excellent.  You can look at them on line and see what offers they have and I can thoroughly recommend them as I have been using them for nearly one year now.  Prior to that I was with o2 and always excellent service, but prices much higher, so that is why I changed from them.  I have to be honest, it is much better if you can get to one of their phone shops, because they set the entire thing up for me and switched all of my contacts there and then. That is the trouble with the Sainsburys website - takes you longer than going around one of their largest shops, but I was happy with the two deliveries I got from them, but what I try to do is make the most of a home delivery and order over £100 worth of goods to avoid any delivery charges and stock up on offers of items I use regularly and of course, last time needed a kettle and got that in the order.  Hope your delivery from them arrives on Wednesday and see you will probably stick to the local shop who you mention have a reasonable delivery charge.

Dian, that reacton is definitely going and am pleased I got the vaccine, despite those flu like symptoms being quite bad and am getting out today to exercise the legs and try and avoid the threatened snow that is supposed to be arriving.  See you needed your raincoat to get the bins out yesterday - here it is still drying up this morning after the rain last evening and through the night,  Enjoy that shopping trip with your daughter today.

Jean, hope you enjoyed those fish and chips last evening and can get out for a walk with Coco today and hope you hear from Barbara and she would like to join us on here.

Okay ladies, phone calls next and then I am going to check through what material I have stored and see what is suitable for the bar covering (just in case I need anything for that job, that I can get while I am out) and then off to the centre.  Enjoy your day everyone.    
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:31 am
glad you are better now Pauline, like me you were a bit off, although you had a different vaccine.
Have not heard from Barbara as yet.

Posted Maria's card at the box near the fish shop and then I caused confusion trying to pay by card. They let me have the fish and pay them next week. Their card holder thing kept saying   something....eruption. They had never heard of that either, I think it was their card holder which went wrong. They rang whoever it was, and I heard that it will cost £571 to replace it. Dare go in there next week, shall take cash again.

Rita hopefully will be taking Coco out after this, but my foot is playing up and I am hobbling today
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:30 am
Hello Everyone Pynor710  Hi Everyone.  So far it has dried up here and there is a bit of sun coming through and yesterday was a lovely day and I walked home from the shopping in very warm sunshine just before 4 in the afternoon, but if we are to believe what is forecast we are supposed to be getting very heavy rain later today and there is supposed to be only a two hour gap for the gritters to get out so what is put down isn't washed away and then we are back to frost, snow and wind over the rest of the weekend - well we will see!!!  Glad I topped up the shopping again yesterday and I bought a tray of 10 mixed polyanthus in Lidls (goodness knows when they will get put in, but they are under shelter outside waiting for action).  I did the shopping in B & M, Lidls and Poundland and only popped into Tescos to post Maria's card, as they are having a big refit at the moment and everything being changed around. People on our local Nexdoor site are having a moan about that, saying that it is taking longer to do the shopping and find things and why do that when everyone wants to get shopping over and done with quickly and not hang around in shops with this virus around and I can understand that, so I avoided any shopping in there until the refit is over.

This morning I have got straight on with the recovering of the bar and got used to using the new stapling gun and everything is going well and I want to finish that today and get everything back in place in the dining room end.  Rachel said she might pop in as the electrics are being sorted in their house today - do some bacon sandwiches for them all and then escape.

After Jean posted yesterday she emailed me to say that Barbara would like to join us on here, so will sort that out for her over the weekend

Jean, thanks for sorting that out with Barbara and I did answer your email.  Most of the side affects are over now and hope yours are too, but glad we have all had our first vaccine shot.  What a nuisance when the card readers don't work - the one in Poundland threw a wobbly the first time I went to use it, but was okay after that.

Hope you enjoyed the shopping trip yesterday Dian and hope the doctor has contacted you Rita. All of you enjoy your Saturday and I am off to finish the bar.
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:47 am
had an exciting time this morning went down and got some petrol. Coco enjoyed the ride. very foggy and misty here.
David says he is going to get a doorbell from Westend tomorrow, but of course sees the forecast and it means he will not be going.
the card would not work again but would go with the pin in. I said to David ring tescos but that is too much to ask
it is his card. leaves me worried that somehow it has been used, but not him. ...
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:15 pm
[size=24][b]Hello Everyone Ey1yrv14Pauline good you got a large shop done and [size=24]=#663300]olor=#663300]4]saves g[size=24]oing out. Lucky you in having some sunshine .Do hope your heavy rain does not arrive. We are [b]forecast with snow an[b]d heavy rain.Hope you manage to finish the bar Hope Rachel does pop in
Really good news Barbara is joining us
[/b][/b][/size]
[/size][/b][/size]
[/color][/size]
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:20 pm
Oops do not know what happened but half the post gone grrr
Jean good you managed out today with coco
Rita hope your having a good weekend
We popped into the Range and then into Lidls outside of Glasgow then a nice afternoon at daughters then home but was very tired so afraid fell asleep
hope all have a good weekend
Ritadonni
Ritadonni

Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:00 pm
Hi, not been out or   Spoken to anyone.  I have more antibiotics to take, just hope this lot work.
doctor phoned 5 o'clock yesterday and tablets were at my door 9.30 this just morning, local chemist delivers.

I hope you all had a good day, it was dry and sunny here, lots folk going by on their walks.
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:09 am
Hello Everyone Qiem5311  Hi Ladies.

Yesterday the weather did as was forecast - evening heavy rain and then turned to some snow and that disappeared quickly and this morning everything is dry out there, but that wind that is threatened starts up now and again, so don't know what to expect here, although the snow and ice is still forecast - hope not.

This is the first morning I have felt okay since the vaccine on Wednesday - aches and pains subsiding and energy back again - even yesterday I was having to force myself to get on with the bar and this morning I am feeling much more enthusiastic about it all and it is nearly finished.  Again yesterday I got to the point where I couldn't cope with any further physical work and just got on with printing off a couple of bills and bank statements and I have sent the invitation off to Barbara from this site, plus an email from me and hope that she can get into here.  After that, late afternoon, I went upstairs and just watched recorded t v.  This morning I have got one lot of laundry done and caught up with emails, had a couple of poached eggs for my breakfast and am now on the second cup of coffee and after posting on here I will get too and finish off that bar.

Spoke to Rachel yesterday and she decided she was stuck there and couldn't escape - acting as a "gofer"  Rolling Eyes, while Stephen and electrician were getting on with the electrics in the garage and keeping them supplied with food and drink.  She mentioned that one of the ladies on her team at work also suffers from arthritis and she too had quite a bad reaction after having her vaccine, but despite that I am still happy to have received it and perhaps know what to expect after the second jab.  Anyway I must get cracking today and clear up downstairs ready so that the kitchen fitter can see the wood for the trees tomorrow.

I have just noticed that we are on page 41 and last time when we reached page 40 that section closed down and we had to start a new one, but not this time and happy that we can continue on the same section.

Jean yes it did start off very foggy yesterday morning this way too, but see you and Coco had a trip in the car for you to get the petrol.  See that David has put off going to the Westend store because of the forecast - I have often used the one in Northampton and always been happy with the DIY items I have bought from them in the past - reasonable prices too.  I found the other week that I couldn't use the contactless symbol on the card for a while and was told by one of the Tesco cashiers that was because the banks were doing security checks and I had to use the pin number method.  I see that my bank is changing from Visa to Mastercard for the debit cards, so that might cause some hiccups for a while.

Dian that was a nuisance having to do two posts because of the hiccups on here.  Good to read you enjoyed the shopping trip to The Range and Lidls, followed by the afternoon at your daughter's house - I am sure she was happy about you having a snooze there after a busy morning. I love The Range, but the last couple of times in Rugby I have steered clear of it - too easy to spend money in there Smile.  You are never going to believe this, as I am sitting here typing, the sun is now out - such strange weather and where is the threatened snow???

Rita I do hope these new antibiotics will work for you this time and your doctor and local chemist certainly did a good job getting them to you so quickly.  Same here with regard to the weather and I turned my heating down as that sun was really hot - looking out there now I am wondering if the same type weather will last today.

Must away now ladies and get on with finishing off the bar while I feel as though the energy is back and hope you all enjoy your Sunday.
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:46 am
Good Morning (just!) everyone!

As you can see, I've managed to get in here and will have a browse around and will continue posting. Thanks to Pauline for helping me get in here!

Will say "Bye" for now as it's almost time to get lunch ready.

Stay safe and well, people, and take care.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:09 pm
Hi Barbara and really good to see you have arrived.  I will leave you to have a good look around and as you will see I managed to colour and enlarge the fonts of your message, so it is much easier to read.  Given time I expect you will be able to work this out for yourself, but can give you help when needed.

I popped back in to put a couple of photos of the bar, before and after - much brighter looking now and matches the room better.  Just covered that with an old crushed velvet curtain - another piece of material got rid of.  I also have another one left and in the future just might cover some dining chair seats with this and the two stools that I had decided I didn't need - but we will see and with a different colour they just might be useful again.

Hello Everyone P1130181  Hello Everyone P1130440

Enjoy your day everyone.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:53 pm
000]e=24]Hello Everyone Eyffgs25 Great to see you here Barbara I am sure you will work it all out not like me who had to depend on Pauline to get started .I am sure you will settle in no bother
Pauline bar looking smart......well done Yes I am sure Rachel will be busy running after the men Smile Good no snow so far and do hope does not arrive
Pleased Pauline you have recovered  from the vaccine and it is getting good reports so far
Jean hope you and David and Coco having a good day
Rita good you have more antibiotics so do hope they do the trick. Well do not think any of us doing much as not much to do
Well so far dry but icy cold and more bad weather forecast. Pleased getting lighter at night now yipee. Have a good day ladies Now off for a snack then must do some work
[/size]
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:37 pm
well the promised snow has not yet arrived, thank goodness, but the wind chill is awful.
Davids arm is playing him up maybe the weather?
All doom and gloom again, have not been out today due to the wind
Ritadonni
Ritadonni

Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:33 pm
Hello Barbara, nice to meet you on here, hope to have some
chats with you.

It's been very cold and windy here, but, on the bright side, I got sheet and towels dry on the line.

Pauline, you are so versatile, seem to be able to do anything you set your mind to do, is your Bar stocked up again
or did you take it all when you went to Stephens at Xmas? Haha. I meant to ask you what make of Covid jab did you have, seem to vary different areas.

Dian, you were able to get to a few shops and had nice time with your daughter though tired out.
Let's hope the forecast snow doesn't come.

Jean, having a dog makes one venture out in cold weather, does Coco prefer outings in the car?

Well apart from hanging washing out on line and changing bedding I have just sat about
today as still not well. Just hope these tablets work I am so tired. Still got to think that Spring may be on the way, days are getting longer
Snowdrops are blooming, birds are collecting nesting materials.........
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:12 am
Hello Everyone Bth_he13Pauline I am sure you will be busy as a bee .Great your bar is finished and looking so smart
Jean do hope the snow does not arrive. hope Davids arm a bit better
Rita envy you getting your bedding outside and dried....well done.do hope the tablets make a difference very soon
Barbara hope your having a good day
Well bitter cold and we have had flurries of snow so do hope it does not last. I have  a small washing on but will not be going outside as too cold.  I had a nice surprise yesterday as granddaughter popped in for an hour. I did enjoy the chat. Hope all are having a good day
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:26 am
I started on the family tree papers , but got so tired had to give up. maybe the pills being halved does not help. of course no doctors to speak to.
Davids arm was bad yesterday has not mentioned it today.
Coco love the car Dian. it usually means, apart from the supermarket, she gets to get a walk wherever we go.
However not going today, as still very windy and cold.
Wished to see what the men were doing as they said the roads would be closed, no sound yet.
best wishes to all
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:45 pm
Hello Everyone Yhpqin11  Hi Everyone.  Well the snow did get back here again and this morning it started again, but turned more into light rain, which is clearing the snow, but of course, could turn icy later again.  

This morning Paul called (the kitchen fitter) and told me that he didn't like Howdens much either (that Greg had mentioned as he thought ready made units would be better).  I am not struck on their limited colours and Paul said that he didn't mind dealing with flatpacks at all and mentioned Wrens. I was so pleased to hear that, because I have here a kitchen that originally came off of MFI - taken out of the original house we planned it for and then I installed a lot of it here and that has lasted over 40 years and Wrens was started by the man who started MFI and I have looked at their kitchens on line and the range of colours is really good and I did prefer theirs to any others that I have checked out on line.  So now I have applied for their brochure, will look through that and then probably make use of their free deisgn visit and when I have decided on what I want I will get back in touch with Paul to fit it all and any electrics, gas and plumbing, Greg (my plumber) can deal with.

Rita everything is back in the bar, but can assure you that behind the glass at the top on the display shelf, are glasses and decorative items and the next two shelves down are full of jigsaw puzzles that are waiting to be checked before they are shipped out, plus empty photo albums that are waiting for action and in the bottom corner there are just a very few bottles of liquers, 1 small brandy, 3 cans and one bottle of Guinness.  Now having said that there is a wine rack behind that on the floor full up (none of that is being used at the moment as not having family get-togethers and meals), but on top of the bar there are two bottles of sherry, l ginger wine, 1 vermouth, l gin, l vodka and a bottle of lemonade for mixing and out of that lot I do help myself to a glass with my main meal about three times during the week - mainly the sherrry Wink  Smile.  I can assure you that although I will try a lot of things and did fit my present kitchen, there is no way I am going to attempt that this time at my age  - when I did that here last time that was 22 years ago when I was in my fifties, but not now Rolling Eyes.  Anyway, glad you liked the bar and it does look much better covered in the lighter material.  Despite the changeable weather I see you got the bedding and towels dry out on the line, so that was something achieved.   The Covid vaccine I had was the Oxford/Astrazenica one and I see it isn't thought to be that good against the new South African variant, but we will see.  Days are definitely getting longer and Spring plants are opening, so fingers crossed we won't have to wait too much longer for weather to improve and hope also your health does too and the new tablets work for you.

Dian I see it is biitterly cold your way and you too have snow, but as you say also, the days are getting lighter for longer and we have to hope that the weather improves and Spring wll soon be here.  Glad you like the work done on the bar and I am glad that is another job off of the list.  I really must get on with the kitchen cupboard clear out now.  See you are doing some washing today and yesterday I had to get mine dried indoors and the ironing pile has started.  That was a nice surprise your granddaughter calling in to see you yesterday and you enjoyed a catch up with her.

Jean well the snow did arrive in our area, but not too bad at the moment although it tried to come down again this morning, but only slight and sun has just come out, so do hope it helps to clear it today before it freezes up again.  That was a nasty cold wind yesterday, but not too bad this morning here. Wouldn't be suprised if it is the cold weather affecting David's arm again, although he hasn't mentioned it today.  Have to see how you go now you had to halve the pills and perhaps that is why you are feeling so tired and see you gave up on the family tree work.  Did you mean that your local road was being closed for a reason?

Barbara, hope you enjoyed looking around the site and you are well today and the rest of the family too.  Is your son still in his same job, which I know he enjoyed?  I know when you were last posting on Joan's site it seemed that you didn't play petanque any longer, but does your husband still take part in that game?  Hope you can get back in here and bring us up-to-date with what is going on in your life at the moment - not a lot I don't suppose, because of the virus. as all of our social and family activities have been curtailed and hope you have had your virus vaccine by now.

Well ladies I must away and see what I should be tackling next.  Hope you all enjoy your day.
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:07 am
P.S adding this as I have just seen this morning that the roads you probably mentioned Jean are the A.45/A6 - parts of which are being closed over this week and into the weekend and going on into next week.  Apparently it will be sections at a time, but this coming weekend a complete closure of that section.  All being done for road widening apparently.

Will be back later today to post.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:05 am
[url=https://servimg.com/view/20102617/547]Hello Everyone Happy-14[/url ]Well not much to be happy here as snow lying 2inch deep and still snowing....grrrrr. Will need to try and clear a place for the birds to eat thats if I manage it
Pauline do hope you do not have the snow. Really good you have your nice bar finished and lots up to date  Great you know what you will like in your kitchen. Something to look  forward to when it is all finished
Jean do hope you have missed the snow Wonder if you will manage out with Coco
Rita hope the weather bit better where you are
Barbara hoping all is fine at your end
Well off to see if snow has eased off a bit.......hope all having a good day
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:25 am
the roads around here were the ones to be closed. so this morning I wandered around them to find the notices have been taken down no sign of any roadwork. Maybe the weather has put a stop to that. Coco enjoyed that walk, first time for two days.

So far today we have had two phone calls from bt with different nos. cutting us off the internet, now this is an old one, and I cannot believe people still fall for it.

hope your pills are working for you Rita.

Dian sorry about the snow your end. do not know if Coco likes it yet. was going how to make a snow dog, but too cold at the moment

Pauline forgot to say like the new bar, and the drinks in there still, must help you drink them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum