Nifty Fifties Plus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Hello Everyone - Page 40 Empty Re: Hello Everyone

Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:04 pm
We went out today!!! albeit 20 miles there and back. we went to the lake and looked at the ducks, strangely Coco never bothers about them.  A man was feeding them and a pet swan he has, which hissed at him. Also there are seagulls there.....  it was such a nice day. Coming back went round the emporium, which has now doubled in size, first visit for ages. Did not buy anything - very expensive place.

David has to go to the hospital tomorrow for his heart echo.  It is either his heart or as the man suggests thyroid and vit D, not much difference!!  He cannot do much, but when he was on the vit d pills he improved.  The doctor then said to leave them off.

When are you going to Rugby Pauline?  Must have missed that.

Dian see you are having your meals out with family.

Rita your son will soon be 70, how time flies.
Pauline
Pauline
Admin
https://nifty-fifties.forumotion.com

Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:36 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 40 Oie_gl54   Hi Everyone.  So far today it has been all indoor work - stripped the bed and done the washing and put things away that weren't in their correct places (I am sure they get out of the cupboards by themselves) then got the computer desk back in order after getting all those ink cartridges replaced and getting out more printing paper.  I now am off upstairs to remake my bed and generally dust and vacuum up there, before Henry has to come down again to get downstairs tidy.

Delivery today off of Ace Catalogue and am always pleased with what I get off of them, which included two sets of nice fleecy pyjamas, so all cosy for winter and each of them had matching sock/slippers with them.  I also ordered two more pairs of pyjama bottoms, beige suede style boots, two large jumbo towels and two holiday towels (thinking ahead - one for me and one for Rachel, Stephen has enough of those already), plus more of the panties that I liked which I had from them previously and another two light material waterfall style cardigans.  Most of those items were reduced and there was no delivery charge, so happy with that lot.  One more item to arrive and that is another bra, but even if I am away it can be put through the letterbox.  I was hoping that the big parcel would arrive before I went away and am happy that it has.  Now I have to get turning out once again for the charity shops and also need to do some ironing today.

Dian, yes I am looking forward to the break in Rugby and getting away from the work, but will have to face more garden work on my return and hope this lovely weather continues.  See it is quite good weather your way and you have been doing some washing like me and hope it dries for you before any rain arrives.

Jean good to read you and David managed to get out today for one of your trips and enjoyed going to the Lake.  Yes that Emporium is very expensive, but nice to look around.  Hope all goes well for David tomorrow and it turns out to be something that is easy to treat.  I am going to Rugby middle of Thursday afternoon and probably back late on Tuesday.

Expect you will be posting later Barbara and hope you get back here again today Rita.

See we are now on Page 40 again and have turned the page since Dian posted today, so probably when this page is completed we will be onto a new section again.  I must away now ladies if I want to finish all I need to do today and manage to watch Manhunt again this evening - enjoyed the first one - Make the most of the rest of your afternoon ladies and the evening.
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:28 am
Hello Everyone - Page 40 Ks2sb310  Good Morning Ladies. Now we do start losing daylight, as today is the Autumn Equinox when the sun rises directly from the East facing directly to the West and the same at sunset from the West directly facing the East and the length of the day is equal to the night.

I finished my bedroom and the bathroom yesterday and there really isn't a lot to be done in the craft room or spare bedroom and also started getting my things together for Rugby.  Had a turn out of pyjamas and tops that I don't use and haven't for quite a while, so they are ready for the Salvation Army bin and I did put away the new items.  I have already sorted the emails and surveys and after posting this I will collect Henry from upstairs and have a dust and vacuum downstairs.  Last of the washing has been done and there is a bit more ironing for me to do, so that is my day planned out.

Wishing all of you ladies a pleasant day and hope all runs smoothly for you.
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:08 pm
Back again with a few photos I took this morning:

Begonias and Busy Lizzies saved until the frost gets at them:-

Hello Everyone - Page 40 P1130657  Hello Everyone - Page 40 P1130710

Then the geraniums and fuchsias:-

Hello Everyone - Page 40 P1130711

One planter doing well with marigolds and antirhinums:-

Hello Everyone - Page 40 P1130712

This just shows a few planters with foxgloves and antirhinums transferred and waiting to be placed - few more begonias with them also:-

Hello Everyone - Page 40 P1130713

Alstromeria and roses still blooming:-

Hello Everyone - Page 40 P1130714 Hello Everyone - Page 40 P1130715 Hello Everyone - Page 40 P1130716

This section of the garden has been sorted with planters tidied, but there will be more cutting back to come there and the fence to stain again:-

Hello Everyone - Page 40 P1130717

Polyanthus and primroses blooming already:-

Hello Everyone - Page 40 P1130718

and finally some of the baskets finished and pansies are getting a good start with the mild weather:-

Hello Everyone - Page 40 P1130719

Most of the seeds have been collected too and I have just finished the necessary ironing (still some waiting for when I come home) and sorted out what clothes I need to pack, so now on with the vacuuming and dusting.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:09 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 40 Galas_17 Pauline garden still looking nice and bright for this time of year. Not long now till your off to Rugby .Good house all up to date again.Great also got your ACE catalogue and got nice pyjamas  from them also computer all up to date too.

Jean that was a really nice outing you had and bet coco enjoyed it .Do hope all goes well for David

Barbra trusting your day has gone well for you and the " Boys " Also hope your walking has improved a bit.

Rita really hope your having a good day

Well has turned out a nice day though rather windy .Got to my Wed  club and enjoyed it also won 2 houses though not much but still cheers me up .Now off to tackle some more housework
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:12 pm
Lovely day here today. Jason took us to the hospital for the heart echo, and I managed to be with David for the long walk to the place.  They said it was something minor, but do not know anymore of course.

Have a nice time away Pauline, loved the flower photos.

Dian glad you won, it just makes the world go round, even if it is not much.

Have not done much today, worn out through the above.
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:45 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

I'm sorry not to have posted yesterday and I apologise for my short post today.  I hurt my back yesterday and was in a lot of pain.  It's a bit better today, thank goodness.  Hopefully I'll feel like posting more tomorrow.

Stay safe and well, everyone!

Lots of love from me to all!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ritadonni
Ritadonni

Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:38 pm
Rather late finally getting on here.  HAPPY Holiday Pauline, I am sure you will enjoy your break with Rachel and Stephen.  Your garden stil looking good, but no doubt there will be plenty for you to do when you return home.

Jean, you will be relieved you got that hospital visit over and maybe not long to wait for results.  Autumn now, let's hope we get some sunny days before cooler weather.

Dian, are you feeling the benefit of your medication vitamins yet? It's good you were able to get a thorough check up.

Barbara, do your present tablets, etc., ease your pain in legs and arm?  So frustrating for you not being able too be seen by a Doctor.

Today I actually went out amongst nice friends. Was collected by car and to the local Baptist Church and there were a few older folk there, sadly not as many as there were two years ago. Covid and age taken away, but we had a happy time, tea and cakes of course.   The church is centre for collecting and sorting out all the Christmas (shoe boxes) which people fill to be sent and given to children in UK and far places of poverty abroad.  There was a film showing lorries loaded with stacks of boxes. It all started a few years ago in a very small way, but showed the delight of kiddies receiving their boxes.

I spent an hour in garden cutting back the long, now seeded, stems of three bushes of (sorry I've forgotten the names again),  but think I will have to get a gardener to tidy everything, It's too much for me, weeding, etc., with walking stick in one hand.  I would struggle to get up if I fell.
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:14 am
Hello Everyone - Page 40 Oie_gl55 Good morning Ladies.  Last post for me until I return.  I will be able to see what you have posted on my phone while I am away, but won't be replying until I get home, because I have already had to buy an extra data allowance for this month, due to using it too much when I was at the club to check out things, for the officers, so don't want to up the charge again.

I have got everything ready on the bed in the spare bedroom for packing and have watered all of the indoor plants and want to sweep the leaves out of the garden and then water everything before the packing gets done.  After the sun the last couple of days things are wilting a bit, so better do that and hope it lasts out until I return (possibly hoping for no rain and more sunny days while I am away).

Dian, that gif you put on yesterday was a photo of my Passion Flower Vine and after all of the removal of that side fence which blew over in that storm a couple of years ago, surprisingly is still surviving, although had to start from tiny shoots once again and that is one of the things I want to try and do in the garden - new structure for that to run on, so will see what can be tackled when I get home.  Thanks for the remarks about the photos. Good to read that you got to your club yesterday and also won a couple of the games and got cheered up with the wins and the club on a windy day.  Hope you got some of the housework done that you wanted to get through yesterday - what I needed to do as far as housework was concerned, did get finished and will enjoy the break from all of that.

Jean, expect you and David are glad that the hospital visit is over and done with and from what was said, it looks as though it isn't something too serious that has got to be dealt with.  Thanks for your remarks about the photos and I certainly will enjoy the break in Rugby.  Think you did enough yesterday getting to the hospital with David and certainly didn't need to rush around after all of that.

Barbara, I think that you really do have to think about how you move, lift things, stretch, etc., because I am sure that the arthritis is getting a grip on you and over the years I have done some stupid things and caused damage with lifting, stretching, etc., the wrong way and these days I think about everything I do and all jobs are done at a much slower pace and have had to put up with what I can and can't do now.  I know that isn't very cheerful for you to read, but please be careful how you move around and how you do things.  Keep up the good work of walking as much as you can, even if it is around the downstairs of the house.

Rita, thank you for the good wishes about my few days away and for the remarks about the photos and as you say, there will still be plenty to do when I get home with regard to garden work.  It must be so frustrating for you knowing that you can't do what you used to do in the garden and having to slowly go about the jobs working with one hand and having to make sure you are holding firmly onto your stick.  I know what I have said to Barbara above, isn't very cheering for her to read, but we all have to accept the fact how much longer jobs now take us and we have to be sensible about what we tackle and I reckon that you do so well with what you manage to get done.  That was a nice time out for you yesterday at the Baptist Church, although less older people there than before all of the lockdowns started, but you had a cheerful time there, together with the usual tea (and cake I hope  Smile). You mentioning that is the church where they sort all of the shoe boxes for children, reminds me of the work that Jojo used to do with them at her local centre - what a busy lady she was and greatly missed by all of us.

I really must away now Ladies and get sweeping the leaves and watering the garden, then pack ready for Rachel to collect me later this afternoon.  Hope all of you have a good end to the week and enjoy the weekend and I will be back on Tuesday (I think, or whatever day either Stephen or Rachel are free to bring me home) xx
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:46 am
That was a nice outing you had Rita, and I am sure you do more in the garden than me. I want to lop branches on the plum tree and am not allowed to use the shears....drives me mad. David sits sleeping with Coco on his lap.

Have a lovely time Pauline.

It is very windy today. Cut short the walk, which is mainly standing still whilst Coco sniffs. Should be off to bowls this afternoon.

Barbara it is about time you saw a doctor, if there are any such things now.  Maybe you need special drugs to treat the arthritis like my cousin has.

Dian glad your check up went well.
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:41 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We had lovely sunshine for a while this morning but then the sky clouded over and the temperature dropped a little.  The sun is just reappearing now - better late than never!

David did the essential shopping early this morning and then he accompanied me on a walk, giving me his helpful arm.  Afterwards, he mowed our lawn.  After lunch, he went on one of his long walks.  Andrew worked hard upstairs in our office this morning and then later on, he went into Central London for a meeting with all the firm's employees and the "big boss" who's based in Germany.  It was a chance for all the staff to meet him.  Andrew will be back home later this evening.  I enjoyed the walk out with David and on arriving home, walked around the downstairs of our house for a while before lunch.  I've worked on my computer this afternoon.  My back is a lot better now but I'm still being careful with it.  I'm still awaiting some physio on my knees, following taking part in a digital assessment just over a week ago.  If I have to wait too long for it, I'll consider going private!

Rita, the only medication I have for the pain in my legs is Ibuprofen gel, which works quite well for my main problem which is stiffness of the knees.  I also have problems with my back now and again, one of which is spinal arthritis, and the Ibuprofen helps with that too.  I have arthritis in some other joints but they don't often trouble me.  I'm beginning to wonder if doctors still exist!

Yesterday you actually went out amongst nice friends, and that's good to know!  You were collected by car and to the local Baptist Church and there were a few older folk there, sadly not as many as there were two years ago.  Covid and age taken away, but you had a happy time, tea and cakes of course.  The church is centre for collecting and sorting out all the Christmas (shoe boxes) which people fill to be sent and given to children in UK and far places of poverty abroad.  There was a film showing lorries loaded with stacks of boxes.  It all started a few years ago in a very small way, but showed the delight of kiddies receiving their boxes.  

You spent an hour in garden cutting back the long, now seeded, stems of three bushes,  but think you'll have to get a gardener to tidy everything,  It's too much for you, weeding, etc., with walking stick in one hand.  You'd struggle to get up if you fell.  I pray that that doesn't happen!

Pauline, you've got everything ready on the bed in the spare bedroom for packing and have watered all of the indoor plants and want to sweep the leaves out of the garden and then water everything before the packing gets done.  After the sun the last couple of days things are wilting a bit, so better do that and hope it lasts out until you return (possibly hoping for no rain and more sunny days while I am away).  I wish you a very pleasant holiday with Stephen and Rachel.

Regarding my arthritis, I really do try to be careful when moving, lifting, stretching, etc.  In fact I ask David to do most things like that now.  It makes everything I do happen much more slowly now and as you know, that's very frustrating!  Naturally, I'm grateful for your kind advice.

Jean, it's very windy today round your way.  Cut short the walk, which is mainly standing still whilst Coco sniffs. Did you get to bowls this afternoon?

I wish I could see a doctor but it's difficult to get past the enforced rules which make us have to have a phone consultation first.  Which special drugs does your cousin have to treat her arthritis and are they available on the NHS?

I hope that Dian is having a good day.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[i
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:54 am
Hello Everyone - Page 40 Bells_22 Sorry ladies I did not get on here yesterday but was out all day with my daughter and my friend so was really tired when I got home after 5pm. I did really enjoyed my day out .We visited several stores.The Range then stopped for lunch. After that visited Dunelm and stopped for a nice cup of tea then a quick look round a furniture shop then home .so was really tired when I got home.

Pauline I am sure you will be having a lovely time with your family

Jean good all went fine at the hospital for David. Hope you got to the bowling and enjoyed it

Barbara pleased your back is a lot better and good you are still on the move. Hope it all keeps on improving for you. David did his shopping and helped you to have a walk. He also got your grass cut. Andrew worked upstairs but later joined his workers in London to meet their boss from Germany.Good you had a walk about with David. and got some work done on the computer Pleased to hear your back is improving

Rita that was a nice outing outing with friends to the Church and enjoyed a lovely tea and cakes. Sadly not as many folk as usual. Well done on working in your garden.I remember when Joan used to fill the boxes for her Church.....We all miss her

I am sure Pauline is having a nice time with her family
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:02 am
Just lost a post.  

Middle grandson rang up saying he has found a lump in his mouth, but no doctor would see him, so David told him to go to A & E. David is far too weak to take him. Had I not been on dog walk when the call came through I could have gone with him.

Rita I am not coping very well seeing how ill David is, nothing from the hospital, early yet.

Dian I miss Joan such a lovely lady.

Barbara got to bowls yesterday, the only time I have to myself except for dog walk this mornin.  I booked a covid booster, first it would not accept my hospital number and then not David's date of birth.  Had this trouble before,  then I dialed 119 to be cut off.   Finally had another go to say did not know either queries and got through. you cannot make it up
Ritadonni
Ritadonni

Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:19 pm
Am trying again, I must do something wrong in not getting on line or losing in mid posts.  Maybe my iPad is too old!.

Jean, I understand it is hard keeping going and cheerful when David is ill, but there is no option but to keep on going as normal as possible.  When my husband was told of cancer and time limit, he forbade me telling family until very last when it was obvious, but you just have to keep on keeping on.

Dian,  you mention shops,  The Range and Dunelm,  which are in this area but out of town in different areas, meaning two buses to each to get there  and same coming  back and waiting times in between, mmmm takes the pleasure out of it!     I have been outside sweeping up  straw which  falls off the farm lorries, machinery as they are going up and down this road all week, and  it looks such a mess. Great wide wheels take up all the road.

Barbara,  it's such a worry for you too not getting proper access to a Doctor, seems to be the same all round.  I had text message from surgery about booking in for flu jab. My local surgery now joined up with others so it will be two bus journeys for me to get there whenever I can get booked in. It gave a http to system online,  but I tried and it didn't work for me, so I have sent an email to my local surgery.  They assume that every single person nowadays has access to the Internet, Mmm, my neighbours do not have computers.

I do not do anything these days, very quiet, but tomorrow I will get the bus and wander about town, will pass the time for a while.  So as not expecting to see anyone or go anywhere special, I will not come on here over the weekend.  Let's hope it's a fine sunny weekend.   Weather not normal anywhere as daughter and friends in Canada are in the Alonquin forest area and it has rained nonstop for three days - not good for log fire cooking?
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:28 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We're having a lovely warm sunny day here, with a gentle breeze, too.

David did the essential shopping early this morning and then he gave me his arm to help me on our walk. I can only walk slowly but do enjoy the exercise and the fresh air. After lunch, he went to the terrain to join in the Petanque club session. He and another club member played their finals match in the club's singles league, and David won, with a score of 13-6. It was all played in good spirit and there were several other club members watching and enjoying it. Andrew is working hard upstairs in our office, only coming downstairs to make and eat his lunch. He kindly set up my laptop for me, including plugging it in, so that I could do some work on it. I'm still being careful with my back, although it's a lot better now. After lunch, I did a lot of walking around in the downstairs of our house.

I'm still waiting to have physio on my knees, on the NHS, but have probably joined one of the long waiting lists caused by the Covid pandemic. If it goes on too long, I shall have to consider going private, but will have to ask the clinic how much it'll cost, as it's now about 2 years since I was last there.

Dian, I'm glad you enjoyed your day yesterday and were out all day with your daughter and your friend so were really tired when you got home after 5pm. You visited several stores. The Range then stopped for lunch. After that visited Dunelm and stopped for a nice cup of tea then a quick look round a furniture shop then home.

Jean, you just lost a post. Middle grandson rang up saying he had found a lump in his mouth, but no doctor would see him, so David told him to go to A & E. David is far too weak to take him. Had you not been on dog walk when the call came through you could have gone with him. I'm sorry to hear that you're not coping very well seeing how ill David is, nothing from the hospital, early yet. I too miss Joan, known on here as JoJo. She was indeed a lovely lady. I'm glad you got to bowls yesterday, the only time you have to yourself except for dog walk. This morning you booked a covid booster. First it would not accept your hospital no. and then not Davids date of birth....had this trouble before. Then you dialed 119 to be cut off. Finally had another go to say did not know either queries and got through. I agree that you cannot make it up!

I expect Pauline is enjoying spending time with Stephen and Rachel and hope that Rita is having a good day.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:29 pm
Rita, I see that we posted at about the same time.  I'm sorry not to have mentioned you in my post and will include yours in the one I post tomorrow.

Stay safe and well!

Lots of love from me!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

-------

https://nifty-fifties.forumotion.com/viewtopic.php?t=19
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum