Nifty Fifties Plus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Hello Everyone - Page 21 Empty Re: Hello Everyone

Sun May 30, 2021 10:50 am
Well it is freezing here, where is the sun.....

We are awaiting an assessment for a rail to be put up on the steps up to the garage. never know when they are coming, so up early, so far no man.  Did the washing and cleared up a  few bits and we are going out for dinner today at Pauls.

Dian David lost his sense of smell years ago, due to medication, once he could not smell when we had a gas leak. took son to come down and convince him, gas man sent for....writing of that I wonder why that gas pipe was cut up north, where that little boy died in the blast.

Hope Pauline is having a nice time with her family.

Rita hope your niece gets sorted soon. it is wait and wait these days.

Barbara glad Andrew had a nice birthday and is getting his jab today. did see on TV that lots of people in Africa are refusing the jab, listening to news that it can cause all kinds of damage.
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Sun May 30, 2021 4:09 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

Today started off cloudy but warm and with a light breeze.  It took the sun a long time to come out but it did so around noon and we've had lovely weather ever since.

David went out to buy a newspaper early this morning and then went to the terrain to play in the club session.  He won all his games!  Andrew went to Guy's Hospital at London Bridge for his first Covid jab.  He's had no ill effects so far today.  I went for a walk this afternoon but didn't need any shopping and so came back home.

Jean, I'm sorry to hear that your weather was freezing when you posted in here this morning.  I hope it's warmed up for you by now, as has happened here.  Has the man arrived yet to do an assessment for a rail to be put up on the steps to your garage?  You did the washing and cleared up a few bits.  I expect you'll have a lovely time when you go for dinner today at Pauls.  Yes, Andrew did have a nice birthday, thanks, and he had his jab this morning, with no side effects so far.

I hope that Pauline and Dian are enjoying their breaks and that Rita is all right.

Stay safe and well, everyone!

Lots of love from me to all!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Mon May 31, 2021 10:52 am
Hello Everyone - Page 21 Dugjmr15 I did have a really nice weekend and the weather was lovely We visited St Andrews on the Saturday and it was very busy. So good to see so many people out and about. I was pleased that i got new sandals which were so comfortable. Then we all went for lunch in a lovely  eating place outside of St Andrews. after that back to the caravan and enjoyed sitting in the sun .Later we had a taxi in to Elie for a nice evening meal on the waterfront and we had a nice table at open window on to sea front which was beautiful .After a nice meal we got the taxi back to caravan .I had bought a few magazines so enjoyed reading them on verandah of caravan till the sun went down. Next morning after breakfast we made our way home. Laughed as cat sitting on doorstep when I got home. After unpacking sat out the back for a little while. Later daughter picked me up and went to a nice hotel for dinner with the rest of my family. Got home for 10am and really felt tired. Another nice morning here so need to get a move on and get out to water the plants and maybe pot more up

Jean you have really had a difficult week worrying about David so hope he will feel better after he gets the proper treatment

Rita that was good getting your little bus for shopping. Well done with managing some weeding.

Barbara good you and David also Andrew have enjoyed the nice weather too

I am sure Pauline has had a lovely time on her break with family

Must really get a move on now,.........have a nice day ladies
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Mon May 31, 2021 11:31 am
Dian that sounds a lovely weekend quite jealous.

It was very chilly this morning when I took Coco out for her walk, before going to the hospital for the covid test for David.  That was horrible but none for me as I sat by his side. now we cannot see anyone until Friday, when the op should be over.  Then of course, we have to call the heart place if they have not phoned us.

David not too good today, although we went out to dinner with Paul and Lorraine at their house yesterday.  Did not sleep too well and I was cold......
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Mon May 31, 2021 4:31 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

Today's weather is similar to yesterday's in that it started off cloudy but since then we've had gorgeous warm sunshine with a light breeze.

David did the essential shopping early this morning. Andrew is having an easy day due to being extremely tired, which may well be due to his Covid jab. He doesn't feel ill, though, thankfully. He goes back to work (in our office upstairs) tomorrow. We had a takeaway for lunch from a local cafe. We ordered it over the phone and then David went to collect it. It's the cafe that we used a lot before Covid and today was the first time since then that one of us (David) has been in there. We'll probably frequent it a lot more now. After lunch, I went for a longish walk and then came back home. David and Andrew are now watching the French Open Tennis Championship on the TV and I've got one eye on the screen!

Dian, I'm glad to hear that you had a really nice weekend and that the weather was lovely. You visited St Andrews on the Saturday and it was very busy. It was good to see so many people out and about. You got new sandals and they were so comfortable. Then you all went for lunch in a lovely eating place outside of St Andrews, and after that back to the caravan and you all enjoyed sitting in the sun. Later you had a taxi in to Elie for a nice evening meal on the waterfront. You had a nice table at an open window on to the sea front which was beautiful. After a nice meal you got the taxi back to the caravan. You'd bought a few magazines and so enjoyed reading them on the verandah of the caravan till the sun went down. Next morning after breakfast you made your way home. You laughed as the cat was sitting on the doorstep when you got home! After unpacking, you sat out the back for a little while. Later your daughter picked you up and you went to a nice hotel for dinner with the rest of your family. You got home for 10 o'clock and really felt tired. You're having another nice morning and so need to get a move on and get out to water the plants and maybe pot more up. I'm glad you had a really great weekend!

Jean, it was very chilly this morning when you took Coco out for her walk, before going to the hospital for the covid test for David. That was horrible but none for you as you sat by his side. Now you can't see anyone until Friday, when the op should be over. Then of course you have to call the heart place if they have not phoned you. I"m sorry to hear that David isn't too good today, although you went out to dinner with Paul and Lorraine at their house yesterday. You didn't sleep too well last night and you were cold. I hope all goes well for David (and for you too!) when he has his op.

I expect Pauline is enjoying her break with Stephen and Rachel and I hope that Rita is well.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:07 am
The sun is shining and hopefully we will get out for a short ride in the car, as we are self isolating due to Davids op. Thursday - another three days without seeing anyone.

Hope all are enjoying the weather.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:17 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 21 Eyffgs30. Think Pauline should be home today. I am sure she would have had a lovely time with family.

Jean do hope you managed a run in the car and hope David is having a good day also Coco

Rita do hope your day is going along nicely

Barbara that was good you managed to order lunch  from your usual cafe before lockdown .Do hope Andrew was feeling better today and could get on with his work That was good you managed a good walk too yesterday

Another nice day so bedding washed and out on line now going to tackle some more potting up. Have a good day ladies
Pauline
Pauline
Admin
https://nifty-fifties.forumotion.com

Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:43 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 21 Tf0gix11  Hello Ladies. Yes I am back after a nice break from all of the work.  Went fairly late on Thursday and enjoyed fish and chips delivered to the house.  Friday was an easy day for me catching up on some reading while Rachel did work from home and Stephen popped to the warehouse for the morning and then did work from home in the afternoon, route planning and phoning customers.  Home cooked meal by Rachel and I told them about the new series I had started watching that week on Channel 4 "Before we Die" - really well worth watching and with their t v we could see all of the 6 in the series over the weekend and finished that up late last evening.

Saturday day out in Leamington for myself, Rachel and Beth and I saw where the flat is that Beth will be sharing from September with three other girls from Warwick Uni and it is in the street where there are a lovely collection of cafes and reasonably priced restaurants, plus lots of charity shops and we all enjoyed a tour through them.  Rachel and Beth found some nice new clothes and I was very good - only two new kitchen utensils that go with the new set of saucepans that I bought and have now got rid of three more old metal ones and then an unplanned purchase, something I really didn't need, but goes so well with my spare bedroom which is done in colours of lilac, purple and claret coloured carpet and that was a beautiful brand new purple chenille throw - one that comes from a very expensive collection and I got it for £10.  

Sunday we had a easy day with roast dinners supplied by Rachel's sister with her delivery service, but Rachel collected them when she dropped Ralph off at his Dad's, while Stephen continued on with painting the woodwork slats covering the fence - in between the main fence and the slats he has the electrics already installed for up and down lighting and will look good when it is finished..  Yesterday again it was such good weather, so late afternoon it was bbq time and Rachel's family called round for that, then we cleared up and finished watching that series.

Good news too for Ralph, he had left that first apprenticeship which was admin and had started with Halfords having just missed out on two interviews for apprenticeships with Vauxhall and Volkswagen, which he really wants to get into to become a mechanic and did think at least Halfords was a start as they sell car, bike, parts, etc., but didn't really want to head to retail and in fact Halfords had just offered him a full time job with good pay, but then Volkswagen got in touch and he is starting his apprenticeship with them - three years, including their own college training and it is on the commercial and heavy goods vehicle side - obviously not as much money as Halfords had offered, but just what he wants with great opportunities at the end with Volkswagen - well done Ralph.  Beth still continuing well at Warwick Uni for a further year and hoping so much of it won't be on line like this year, but she has been doing well with her assignments from them.  

Rachel brough me back as Stephen was back with full work and she needed to collect a couple of laptops from clients, so home and catching up with everything.  Phoned Carpetright because hadn't heard anything further about the delivery and laying of the flooring and apparently they are supposed to phone me tomorrow between 9 and 10, after they are loaded up, to say what time they wlil be here and I hope it is early in the day so I can start getting straight once again.  Also had to email my virus protection people, because there is an update they want me to install, but by clicking on the link they don't recognise my password (which they gave me) and waiting for reply from them and now I have to get in touch with Bosch to register the warranties for four of the items that came off of them for installation in the kitchen and their website won't work correctly - so got that to sort out, but think that will have to wait until tomorrow - as Rita said "technology is wonderful", well it is when it works...... and even this site had logged me out, so I wasn't aware of what any of you had posted until I got home today and like Jean had said, received no email notifications through my phone to say what was on here.

Think I will finish this post and then properly read all of your posts and answer them next.  Have checked emails and at least have a reply from my Virus people, so can sort that out later today. 
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:57 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We're having lovely weather here once again today, with wall-to-wall sunshine, blue skies, white fluffy clouds and a gentle breeze.  Magic!

David did the essential shopping this morning and went to the terrain after lunch to practise his shooting.  Andrew is back at work upstairs in our office after having some holiday time off, though staying at home.  He came downstairs to make and eat his lunch before going back upstairs to resume working.  This morning, I helped David get the rubbish ready for putting out tomorrow, to be collected by the dustmen.  I also watched a TV programme that I'd missed last night.  After lunch, I went for a long walk and did some shopping before coming back home, whereupon I worked on my computer, completing several puzzles from Take A Break magazine and sending the answers off online.  I also tackled the cryptic crossword in the daily newspaper.

Jean, the sun is shining and I hope you were able to get out for a short ride in the car today, as you're self isolating due to Davids op. on Thursday, which means another three days without seeing anyone.  I hope all goes well with the op and that you and David and Coco are all well.

Dian, Andrew is feeling much better today, thanks, and has been upstairs for most of today, working hard in our office.  You're having another nice day and so you've washed your bedding and put it out on the line.  You've also tackled some more potting up.

Pauline, it's good to see you back after a nice break from all of the work.  You went fairly late on Thursday and enjoyed fish and chips delivered to the house.  Friday was an easy day for you, catching up on some reading while Rachel did work from home and Stephen popped to the warehouse for the morning and then did work from home in the afternoon, route planning and phoning customers.  You all had a home cooked meal by Rachel and you told them about the new series you'd started watching that week on Channel 4 "Before we Die" - it was really well worth watching and with their t v you could see all of the 6 in the series over the weekend and finished that up late last evening.  On Saturday you had a day out in Leamington for you, Rachel and Beth and you saw where the flat is that Beth will be sharing from September with three other girls from Warwick Uni and it is in the street where there are a lovely collection of cafes and reasonably priced restaurants, plus lots of charity shops and you all enjoyed a tour through them.  Rachel and Beth found some nice new clothes and you were very good - you only bought two new kitchen utensils that go with the new set of saucepans that you bought and you've now got rid of three more old metal ones and then there was an unplanned purchase, something you really didn't need, but that goes so well with your spare bedroom which is done in colours of lilac, purple and claret coloured carpet and that was a beautiful brand new purple chenille throw - one that comes from a very expensive collection and you got it for £10.  On Sunday you had an easy day with roast dinners supplied by Rachel's sister with her delivery service, but Rachel collected them when she dropped Ralph off at his Dad's, while Stephen continued on with painting the woodwork slats covering the fence - in between the main fence and the slats he has the electrics already installed for up and down lighting and will look good when it is finished.  Yesterday again it was such good weather, so late afternoon it was bbq time and Rachel's family called round for that, and then you cleared up and finished watching that series.  There was good news too for Ralph.  He'd left that first apprenticeship which was admin and had started with Halfords having just missed out on two interviews for apprenticeships with Vauxhall and Volkswagen, which he really wants to get into to become a mechanic and did think at least Halfords was a start as they sell car, bike, parts, etc., but didn't really want to head to retail and in fact Halfords had just offered him a full time job with good pay, but then Volkswagen got in touch and he is starting his apprenticeship with them - three years, including their own college training and it is on the commercial and heavy goods vehicle side - obviously not as much money as Halfords had offered, but just what he wants with great opportunities at the end with Volkswagen - well done Ralph.  Beth is still continuing well at Warwick Uni for a further year and is hoping so much of it won't be on line like this year, but she has been doing well with her assignments from them.  Rachel brought you back as Stephen was back with full work and she needed to collect a couple of laptops from clients, and so you're home and catching up with everything.  You phoned Carpetright because you hadn't heard anything further about the delivery and laying of the flooring and apparently they are supposed to phone you tomorrow between 9 and 10, after they are loaded up, to say what time they'll be here and you hope it's early in the day so that you can start getting straight once again.  You also had to email your virus protection people, because there is an update they want you to install, but by clicking on the link they don't recognise your password (which they gave you) and you're waiting for a reply from them and now you have to get in touch with Bosch to register the warranties for four of the items that came off of them for installation in the kitchen and their website won't work correctly - so you've got that to sort out, but think it'll have to wait until tomorrow - as Rita said "technology is wonderful", well it is when it works!  I know exactly what you mean, Pauline!    

I hope that Rita is in fine fettle.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:10 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 21 Mi6ci710    Well it is now late afternoon, so chosen a gif for the evening, because by the time I have read all of your posts since I have been away and caught up with what you have all been doing, I know it will be evening time.  Lovely sunshine again today and dare we hope that our better weather is here and we can now keep the heating off until we reach towards winter once again.  I have managed to read through all of your posts and put the alteratons for the fonts and colours where they were needed.

Dian I am so pleased to read that you popped in just after I posted on Thursday to say that the test was clear and you were off to the caravan for the weekend - that was good to read.  Lovely visit for you all to St. Andrews on the Saturday and it was very busy which was good to see and you had lunch just outside of there and you were happy with your new sandals that are so comfortable.  Back to the caravan and a nice rest in the sun and then the taxi to Elie for an evening meal at a restaurant with the window open and looking out onto the seafront - I bet that all made such a nice change after the restrictions we have had to go through.  Taxi back and you enjoyed an evening reading the magazines you had bought, on the verandah until the sun went down.  Home again on Sunday and of course, Duke was waiting for you and then after unpacking your Daughter picked you up and you went with the rest of the family for another lovely meal at an hotel and yesterday the weather was still good and you were hoping to get some potting up done.  See the good weather has continued today for you and you have got some washing done and hope to continue with the potting up.

Rita, that was a lovely long post from you and please don't you worry about any mistakes while you have to use one finger with the Ipad, as the laptop is still useless for you.  I managed to make the fonts larger and put in the missing words and definitely we could all make sense of it and know what an effort you put in there to get that long post on here. It certainly must be so worrying for you near the Bedford area, because there are still plenty of reported cases (particularly of the new variant too) with regard to the virus - just much safer to stay indoors away from it all, but at least you managed to get out on the Sainsbury's bus for your shopping and as you have said, at least you see Peter every weekend and communicate so well with Leigh in Canada and thank goodness for the up-to-date technology that keeps us all together, even if we are miles apart.  With regard to Peter trying to sell his house,  the purchasing and selling of property is a bit of a nightmare at the moment - prices rising again and I know that Rachel's brother and his wife have given up on the idea at the moment - they needed a four bedroom because their family is increasing, but they have made offers and been priced out by others offering more and had a lot of people after the house they have at the moment, but no good if you have nowhere to move to.  Trevor told me that Maria's house went on the market on a Friday and sold the next day.  See you have done a bit of gardening and tried to get rid of some weeds that come up through the gravel and my garden now needs urgent attention and I think after my flooring is down it is no good me trying to get the house back to rights for at least a couple of days, until I have tackled some urgent jobs outside.  I can remember those days too, when we had to run to the local phone box to make urgent calls and when we first had a phone in the house, for the first year we had to share a party line.  I do hope that you are still improving and at last that bad attack of cystitus is easing.

Barbara, how nice to get this lovely weather and during the week that Andrew has taken off for his birthday and see that he got in a trip into Croydon to spend some of his birthday money and hope he managed to find what he was after.  Walks and shopping being done by you and David and him getting the games in better weather.  I see that you sometimes get headaches in the warmer weather - now I get badly affected when it is humid, but dry heat I am okay with.  I have been hoping that things might get a bit back to normal when more people have had their second jab, but really things not looking too promising at the moment as figures of the virus infection are rising again and I think a lot of us have doubts about June 21st being the finish of restrictions - looks as though it might be put off again.  Stephen and Rachel have still got to sort out this wedding which is supposed to be on 5th September and there is still nothing definite about that at the moment.  Glad to read that Andrew has received his first vaccine at Guys hospital and no bad effects from that, but was feeling tired on Monday.  Nice to have that lunch ordered from your local cafe and David went in there to collect that - just hope you can get back to using it more often in the future.  I see both David and Andrew were watching the French Open Tennis Championships and you had one eye on the screen and you have as usual, been busy on your computer and the crosswords over the weekend.  It certainly is magic this weather again today and shame that Andrew is back at work in your office today.  You helped David get the rubbish out for collection tomorrow and then you both got walks in today and shopping done, with David back to the terrain and you also catching up on a t v programme you wanted to see and best of luck with the Take a Break puzzles and sending them off on line.

Jean, so much for you and David to cope with at the moment and so glad you managed to get back in here and keep everyone up-to-date with what was going on.  I got logged out too so wasn't receiving any emails from the site and had to get logged in here today to see what you were all coping with or managing to enjoy.  At least you managed to get the lunch on Sunday over at Paul and Lorraine's before you had to get David for the Covid test, which means you have now got to stay away from everyone until he has the endoscopy and then after that you have got to contact the heart people if you haven't heard from them.  I see that he didn't feel too good yesterday, but do hope you managed to get out for a drive at least today in the lovely weather, even though you have got to stay in the car to isolate.  The entire thing and the results they have been coming up with about David has been a shock for both of you.  Thoughts with you both and hope the results from the endoscopy at the end of this week are favourable and any following tests with regard to heart trouble and treatment needed for that.  This is going to seem a long week for you both having to isolate.

Well ladies I think I have managed to read and catch up with all of you and now must try and sort out this virus update, seeing as I have the answer back from them.  Do hope you can all enjoy a relaxed evening and a good night's sleep.            
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:44 am
Hello Everyone - Page 21 4cnhg128 Pauline that was a lovely break you had with your family. Now see you will be busy in garden. Great now your kitchen just about finished That was great news for Ralph

Jean good you did manage to get out with David and Coco

Hello to Rita and Barbara .............rushing here to get ready as son-in -law is taking me out for lunch then some shopping. I just got the phone call so need to get a move on
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:00 am
Hello Everyone - Page 21 Oxyqut10   Hi Everyone and another lovely sunny day here.

Got messaged last evening by floor fitter who said it was his first job and he would be here at 8.30 and he was.  Finished by 9.30 too and it looks good:-

Hello Everyone - Page 21 P1130534
 Hello Everyone - Page 21 P1130535

I am really happy with that and can now start shifting things back at long last.

Dian
True the first thing I should do is get out there and try and get some order in that garden and get some more plants in, but will do a bit of shifting of things first to give me a bit more room to move around in.  You enjoy that lunch out and shopping after, when your son-in-law picks you up.

Hi also to you Barbara, Jean and Rita and now I must get cracking.
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:17 am
Well yesterday we did not go out after all, but had a phone call that the heart failure nurse was coming. she was here for one and a half hours....they are really looking after David at last. but she did not seem to understand that he could not walk to the heart place inside the hospital without help.  We have not had that appointment yet.   Might get a taxi and go in reception and explain we want a wheel chair, we shall see.

Apart from that it is nice and sunny and I want to go out......just round the block....  The man who should have been coming to fit the rail to the garage steps never turned up, typical and I have tried ringing them, but have hung on for ages but will try again this afternoon.

Glad you had a lovely time Pauline and that floor looks lovely.

Barbara hope  Andrew feels less tired now. that jab has made lots of us feel off.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:45 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 21 Hwfqtq12 Pauline floor looking really nice and bet you will soon have it all looking grand

Jean so pleased David at last having the treatment he should have been having so do hope it is helping him Do hope that man for the garage does turn up

That is so good Barbara having such nice weather See Andrew hard at work again after his break. Good David got more practise in at Petangue also you enjoyed your walk and got your shopping too You helped David with putting out the rubbish for your bin men When you got home you did more work on your computer and crossword also caught up with TV programs

Rita do hope your day is going along nicely

Well it has turned out another glorious sunny day. It was a nice surprise S_I_L taking me out for lunch then shopping I did enjoy it Now going to sit in sun for awhile then will need to water all the plants again.
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:24 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We have lovely weather here again but it's just a bit too hot for me and so I haven't been out today. I can't take the extreme heat like I used to. In fact I absolutely used to love it!

David did the essential shopping early this morning and then went to the terrain to take part in the club session. He won all 3 games that he'd played but he too, and his fellow players, found the heat just a bit too much and so packed up early and went home. He's now watching the French Open Tennis Championship on the TV. Andrew is once again working hard upstairs in our office and only came downstairs to make and eat his lunch before going back upstairs to carry on working. I've worked on my computer, both this morning and this afternoon, answering emails and signing and sharing petitions. I've yet to tackle the cryptic crossword and will do that once I've finished the computer work.

Pauline, I see that you were able to get back in here last evening, to catch up on our posts from while you were away. Regarding my getting headaches during warmer weather, I meant to say that it only happens on humid days, as is the case with you. I think it's very sad that the Covid infections are rising again, despite such a good job being done by the vaccination team. I do think that 21 June might be a bit too soon to release the restrictions altogether and hope that our Prime Minister sees it that way too. Having said that, I do hope that Stephen and Rachel will be able to go ahead with their wedding as planned. I also hope that you were able to sort out the virus update. Thanks for posting the photos of your new kitchen flooring, which was put down by your floor fitter this morning. It looks really lovely!

Dian, it's turned out another glorious sunny day for you. It was a nice surprise that your S_I_L took you out for lunch and then shopping. I'm glad you enjoyed it. After coming home, you sat in the sun for a while and then watered all the plants again.

Jean, you didn't go out after all yesterday, but had a phone call to say that the heart failure nurse was coming. She was with you for one and a half hours. I'm glad that they're really looking after David at last but the nurse didn't seem to understand that he couldn't walk to the heart place inside the hospital without help. You haven't had that appointment yet but might get a taxi and go in reception and explain you want a wheel chair. I don't see why that should be a problem for them. Apart from that, your weather is nice and sunny and you want to go out......just round the block. The man who should've been coming to fit the rail to the garage steps never turned up, typical! You've tried ringing them, but have hung on for ages. Did you get through when you rang again this afternoon? Andrew is feeling OK now, thanks, after having his jab.

Love to Rita and I hope you're all right.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:01 am
Hello Everyone - Page 21 Sq05ib10    Just a bit cooler after yesterday, but sun is back.  Yesterday, got two lots of washing done and out drying on the airer in the garden and with the flooring being finished I shifted all of the chairs and the table (after bolting the legs back on) into the dining room end and moved my current paperwork back to the table, so I could sit comfortably and deal with that, then shifted any spare wood and cut offs (from refit) into the porch (for sorting later) where the chairs had been perched, so that cleared a bit from the lounge and after that I caught up with the paperwork.  Later I sat in the garden for about an hour and finished my book (new one starting today that I brought back from Rachel).

When the sun was off of the garden I really needed to water everything thoroughly and gave it a good soaking and then later on when I went to get in the washing I felt some spots of rain, but still glad I watered because it wasn't a heavy downpour.  The rest of the evening was spent untangling the tassles on the chenille throw that I had bought.  I had that in the washing machine and funnily enough it was only one side that got tangled - glad about that because there are about 60 tassles on each side and so far have untangled 20 of them  Rolling Eyes - will do a few more today, but got to be determined and first job is getting out the mower and tackling the grass - council were round yesterday cutting the banks and at least I don't have to cut a pathway for myself to get out of my back gate and walk across that to the footpath.

After that I will do a bit more painting of the end wall, so I can get more of the furniture out of the lounge and back to the dining room end.  I have planned to shift my computer desk into there, so when I tackle that I will probably be off line for quite a while, but I think that is a job for tomorrow.

Jean, although you missed the trip out in the car, in the end it was a good job that you were in when the heart nurse called and spent quite a lot of time with David.  Wondering if you  managed to finally catch up with the person who is supposed to be fitting the rail and all best wishes today for David with the endoscopy.  Glad you liked the photos of the flooring and I am so pleased with the one that I chose - it all blends very well.

Dian, yes itching to get the furniture all back in now that floor is done, but can't rush things - more painting to do first and glad you liked the photos of it.  Glad you enjoyed the trip out for lunch and shopping with your son-in-law and you were needing to water your garden too after getting back.

Barbara, I see that the extreme heat yesterday kept you indoors and even David and the other members packed up early with the games because of it and know what you mean about the humidity affecting you - it seems to be the same that after days of rain we get a sudden heatwave and of course all of the dampness comes out of the ground and we get the humidity and storms again and I think that some areas were threatened them yesterday and as I mentioned above, I couldn't believe it when after watering my garden, it started to rain, but not a lot.  That heat definitely made me take things slowly yesterday and I gave up for a while and read my book instead.  You got on with more computer work and the puzzles and Andrew was indoors all day getting on with his work, except for a break for lunch.  So far nothing definite about June 21st being put back, but as you have said, the cases of the virus are rising again.  With regard to Stephen and Rachel's wedding, she phoned me last evening with news about that and I will put that at the end of this post.  Thanks for your remarks too about the flooring and I am really happy with the choice I made.

Rita I expect you might have gone on the bus this morning to Sainsburys to do the shopping - at least that gets in an outing for you and seeing other people.  Hope you will get in here again this week, but I do know how long it takes for you to use the Ipad and post on here, but it is lovely to read your posts.

Okay, with regard to the wedding, the evening after Rachel brought me home, she sat down with Stephen and they had a good talk about the wedding.  She had been in touch with the hotel where the venue is to be and also the co-ordinator who was sorting this (as this was part of the prize she won at the Wedding Fair early in Jan 2020 before the first lockdown) and there is still nothing settled with regard to the number of guests that can be there.  They had wanted 50 for the wedding and the meal after that and then 100 guests in the evening, so what has been decided is that they have put the entire thing off until 5th August 2022 (which is a Friday) in the hope that things will have started getting back to nearly normal (or as normal as they can be as it seems that the virus is something we are all going to have to live with and get continued vaccinations for). She is having new invitations printed for this.  They both agreed that 5th Sept was only three months away and they could get themselves ready for this, but got to get back to strict diets, rush at using their gym (in the garage) to take off the weight that had gone on during the various lockdowns and it wouldn't be a relaxed time leading up to it, so think the new date is going to be much better for them.  Stephen can carry on getting the garden fencing and lighting finished and they also took into account that the date in September was the week that Beth would be moving to the flat to share with her uni friends.  Also Rachel's work hasn't been easy with all of the comings and goings for her with regard to getting laptops to clients on the training schemes, conference calls and no end of phone calls with team members and sorting out work for them, plus luckily Stephen's company has still been running well with plenty of work for him and the men who are on his team and also at the moment he has a lot of work going on with his accountant and tax and VAT to catch up on.  It also means that I can now concentrate on getting my house back in order and there is plenty I want to accomplish out in the garden.

Wishing all of you a nice day and I am off to get the mower out. 
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:23 am
Finally got through to those people who were coming Sunday, they did not come because the depot was shut....not my problem. should hear about that tomorrow.

When is the wedding Pauline, hope it goes ahead this time....

Not knowing what is opening on the 21st, will not miss it as have not been out.

Paul is coming this afternoon to take David, because if he has sedation he goes a bit mad. Paul is on 6am to 2pm shift this week so that works out well. My eyes are starting to play up. sat in the garden a short while, to notice that the pigeons which I cannot spell now are making a nest in next door's tree. The grass is about 4 feet high now and he "cannot be asked" to do it. .
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:18 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 21 Alsskz11Pauline you will be so pleased that you are just about finished with kitchen ect. See Rachel and Stephen have now set a date for their wedding .Think that is wise as they can have what they want and so much planning and as you say virus will  still be with us in some form or another.

Jean that is so good David is now having the treatment he requires Hope all goes good for him today. Hope the man comes to put up a rail for David. I am sure there will be a wheelchair for David at the hospital

Barbara David did the shopping then played 3 games at his club and well done him on winning but all agreed it was too warm so they all went home .He watched the tennis on TV. Andrew was busy as ever working upstairs. You were very busy working on the computer in the morning and afternoon but will later do your crossword

Rita do hope your having a good day and feeling a bit better

Well we had rain during the night but so far has stayed off. I have showered so just might get out in garden if rain stays off .Still to iron bedding before I put it away........ Smile
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:49 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We have the lovely weather here again today but I'm still finding the heat a bit too much. I think it's because it took longer than usual for the heat to arrive and it was such a sudden change when it did.

David did the essential shopping early this morning and then he and I went into Croydon to do some shopping for the household. We had a snack out and then came back to Addiscombe. On the way home from the tram stop, I bought a birthday card for David but didn't let him see it, as it's a surprise! We've had a query with our gas and electricity supplier to sort out this afternoon and hope that it has been resolved. Time will tell! Andrew as usual has been working upstairs in our office, only coming downstairs to make and eat his lunch before going back upstairs to resume working.

Pauline, yesterday, you got two lots of washing done and out drying on the airer in the garden and with the flooring being finished, you shifted all of the chairs and the table (after bolting the legs back on) into the dining room end and moved your current paperwork back to the table, so you could sit comfortably and deal with that, and then shifted any spare wood and cut offs (from the refit) into the porch (for sorting later) where the chairs had been perched, and so that cleared a bit from the lounge and after that you caught up with the paperwork. Later you sat in the garden for about an hour and finished your book (a new one starting today that you brought back from Rachel). When the sun was off of the garden you really needed to water everything thoroughly and gave it a good soaking and then later on when you went to get in the washing you felt some spots of rain, but are still glad you watered because it wasn't a heavy downpour. The rest of the evening was spent untangling the tassles on the chenille throw that you'd bought. You had that in the washing machine and funnily enough it was only one side that got tangled. You were glad about that because there are about 60 tassles on each side and so far you've untangled 20 of them! You'll do a few more today, but you've got to be determined and your first job is getting out the mower and tackling the grass. The council were round yesterday cutting the banks and at least you don't have to cut a pathway for yourself to get out of your back gate and walk across that to the footpath. After that, you'll do a bit more painting of the end wall, so that you can get more of the furniture out of the lounge and back to the dining room end. You've planned to shift your computer desk into there, so that when you tackle that, you'll probably be off line for quite a while, but you think that's a job for tomorrow.

The evening after Rachel brought you home, she sat down with Stephen and they had a good talk about the wedding. She had been in touch with the hotel where the venue is to be and also the co-ordinator who was sorting this (as this was part of the prize she won at the Wedding Fair early in Jan 2020 before the first lockdown) and there's still nothing settled with regard to the number of guests that can be there. They'd wanted 50 for the wedding and the meal after that and then 100 guests in the evening, and so what has been decided is that they've put the entire thing off until 5th August 2022 (which is a Friday) in the hope that things will have started getting back to nearly normal (or as normal as they can be as it seems that the virus is something we're all going to have to live with and get continued vaccinations for). She's having new invitations printed for this. They both agreed that 5th Sept was only three months away and they could get themselves ready for this, but have got to get back to strict diets, rush at using their gym (in the garage) to take off the weight that had gone on during the various lockdowns and it wouldn't be a relaxed time leading up to it, and so think the new date is going to be much better for them. Stephen can carry on getting the garden fencing and lighting finished and they also took into account that the date in September was the week that Beth would be moving to the flat to share with her uni friends. Also Rachel's work hasn't been easy with all of the comings and goings for her with regard to getting laptops to clients on the training schemes, conference calls and no end of phone calls with team members and sorting out work for them, plus luckily Stephen's company has still been running well with plenty of work for him and the men who are on his team and also at the moment he has a lot of work going on with his accountant and tax and VAT to catch up on. It also means that you can now concentrate on getting your house back in order and there is plenty you want to accomplish out in the garden.

Jean, you finally got through to those people who were coming Sunday. They didn't come because the depot was shut....not your problem. You should hear about that tomorrow. Paul came this afternoon to take David, because if he has sedation he goes a bit mad. Paul is on 6am to 2pm shift this week and so that works out well. Your eyes are starting to play up. You sat in the garden a short while, to notice that the pigeons which you can't spell now are making a nest in next door's tree. The grass is about 4 feet high now and he "cannot be asked" to do it.

Dian, you had rain during the night but so far it's stayed off. You've showered and so just might get out in the garden if the rain stays off. You still need to iron the bedding before putting it away.

I hope that Rita is in fine fettle!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:35 am
Hello Everyone - Page 21 Hi_l_a10  No sun yet this morning and yesterday it was sunny, but not too hot to work out in the garden.  Once I started out there it was non stop for me except for a couple of drink breaks.  It was such heavy work mowing that grass and although I had chopped at the longer patches a couple of weeks ago, it was hard going.  Still another couple of patches to tackle, but as I worked around I was also trimming the edges, weeding, cutting back the bluebells and pulling up the forget-me-nots (and saving those seeds or scattering some of them where I want them to come up next year).  Also started tackling the weeds and grass that had sprouted up between my pavers and as you can guess, there was no painting done.  

This morning I am going over to the surgery to put in the request for a prescription and will collect that next week when it is ready, because then I know it will be available when I need it and take that straight to Boots - not putting up with the online requests any longer that don't seem to be in when they are supposed to be.  After that I have got quite a bit of shopping to do and will go to the centre for that.  Hopefully I will have enough energy left to continue with the grass cutting and weeding when I get home and the painting and shifting of furniture will be done over the weekend.  I can say that it is so much nicer to look out on my tidier garden now.

Jean, I know by your email yesterday, that you have realised when the wedding date is fixed for (hopefuly).  Do hope that the endoscopy went well for David yesterday and that was handy that Paul could take him.  Knowing how hard you work to keep your garden looking good, even with all of your difficulties, how annoying to have neighbours like that and that is like mine - can't be bothered.  I will say that the recycling seems to have been sorted while I was away and nothing further being shoved against my end fence and do know that our local environmental warden was going to deal with the problem - at least they do keep the garden tidy next to me.  I know your foot has been swelling again and do hope that gets better soon and the handrail gets fitted this week.

Dian, see you had some ironing to do, but you were hoping the rain would stay away as there were more jobs in the garden you wanted to do.  I had that feeling that as soon as I got in the garden I would continue until it looked under control and I still have plants to put in, but it is looking a whole lot better now.  Yes I reckon Stephen and Rachel made a good decision with regard to the wedding.

Barbara, you are so right there, it is just that the weather changed from being like winter and plunged us straight into high temperatures and I see that yesterday it was still a bit much for you.  David did the essential shopping and then you and him went into Croydon for household items and had a snack while you were there and with David's birthday soon, you got a card for him (which he didn't know about) - would be nice if restrictions were lifted enough for you all to be able to get out for a meal to celebrate that.  Andrew still working hard after his birthday week off.  I hope you get the problem with the power company sorted - never easy to sort things out with them.

Hope to hear from you Rita and that you managed to get a trip out yesterday to do your shopping for the week.

Well now coming upto 9.30 and still looking dull, so hope I can get out without any rain showers arriving and wishing you all have a good day.
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:06 am
it is raining and dull here as I found out when taking Coco out. had to go a little way for her. Good news is that the endosopy was ok apart from one little polyp which could not be removed then because he was on blood thinners.

Have not heard from the heart people of course, await the post, which is here at all hours.

Rita hope you are fine, the last three days stuck here have driven me mad.

Pauline see you have a lovely time.
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:52 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

What a contrast with the weather that we had for the last few days! It's rained nonstop here since very early this morning and there's no sign of it stopping any time soon! To have a happy medium would be very welcome!

David did the essential shopping early this morning. Apart from that, none of us has been out today. I'm so glad I bought David's birthday card yesterday! Andrew has been working hard once again upstairs in our office, only coming downstairs to make and eat his lunch. David had planned to go to the terrain this afternoon to play in the club session but I doubt anyone turned up for it, and the terrain will be completely waterlogged by now, I expect. I've tackled the cryptic crossword but didn't get very far with it. I've also done a lot of work on my computer, with the usual signing and sharing petitions and writing to my MP and other politicians. It would've been good getting out for a walk but hopefully I'll be able to do that tomorrow, and David will be able to play in tomorrow's club session.

I read in an article today that the cafe in our local park, where David goes to play Petanque, had the door smashed in by 2 boys, who also stole food from there. This was late one evening recently, when the park would normally have been locked, but there's a fun fair in there at the moment, which goes on quite late. Luckily, the park cafe had closed at 4 pm that day, as usual, as otherwise the staff may have been in danger. Nothing is safe now, it seems!

Pauline, you had no sun this morning and yesterday it was sunny, but not too hot to work out in the garden. Once you started out there it was non stop for you except for a couple of drink breaks. It was such heavy work mowing the grass and although you'd chopped at the longer patches a couple of weeks ago, it was hard going. There are still another couple of patches to tackle, but as you worked around, you were also trimming the edges, weeding, cutting back the bluebells and pulling up the forget-me-nots (and saving those seeds or scattering some of them where you want them to come up next year). You also started tackling the weeds and grass that had sprouted up between your pavers. You didn't do any painting this time! This morning you went over to the surgery to put in the request for a prescription and will collect that next week when it is ready, because then you know it will be available when you need it and take it straight to Boots. You're not putting up with the online requests any longer that don't seem to be in when they are supposed to be. After that you've got quite a bit of shopping to do and will go to the centre for that. Hopefully you'll have enough energy left to continue with the grass cutting and weeding when you get home and the painting and shifting of furniture will be done over the weekend. It's so much nicer for you to look out on your tidier garden now.

We did hopefully sort out the problem with the power company but as with all these things, time will tell!

Jean, that's good news that all went well with the procedure yesterday, apart from one little polyp, which couldn't be taken out during the endoscopy as David is on blood thinners. I see that you too have had the rain and dull weather today, as you found when taking Coco out. You haven't heard yet from the heart people of course, but are awaiting the post, which arrives at all hours. The same thing happens with our post!

I hope that Dian and Rita are all right.

Lots of Love from me to all!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ritadonni
Ritadonni

Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:03 pm
Hello. Today I have spent afternoon at the eye dept at hospital having various checks for my glaucoma, got a taxi there and back. Names of all staff who were working in that department this afternon were up on the board and only one  English type name. All our hospitals are now dependent upon staff, Surgeons, medical  and most other staff are  clever people who maybe were  born here  or come here from abroad.

Yesterday I went as usual to Sainsburys, 10 people on the bus, all masked of course.   Have not been anywhere else. My son called round on Saturday, he was golfing Sunday. So have not seen anyone else... Quiet days.

Dian, it's good that you get out and about with your family.

Barbara it's nice for you having other people in the house with you, it's nice to have company.

Jean, I am pleased to hear that David is at last getting proper attention and that your family are helping.

Pauline, I see that in these uncertain times the Wedding has been re arranged for 2022.   Have you got
your kitchen things sorted and all the other furniture etc in place.   I hope you will remember where you put everything in new places.  Some day soon, when everything is in place, you will have time to sit down and admire it all.

Today I have had trouble with land phone and also my tiny mobile phone, so need new phones, must go into town see what I can get.  The virus is bad in Bedford town so if I do go in will have to be very careful.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:30 am
[url=https://servimg.com/view/20102617/665]Hello Everyone - Page 21 Ey1yrv17[/url] Hello all sorry i did not manage in yesterday but had a long busy day so was shattered when I came home.

Pauline gosh you have been very busy in garden and got so much done. Not long now till all is finished with the kitchen

Rita well done in getting to the hospital with a taxi there and back. Good you managed to get to Sainsbury on the bus for some shopping. Your son visited on Saturday but was golfing on Sunday. Do hope you get sorted with your phones

Jean that was good the hospital visit went well for David  Hope you hear from the heart people soon. Good you had a nice walk with Coco.

Barbara sorry you got such a day of rain David got the essential shopping in the morning and intended to play Petangue in the afternoon but think it was far too wet. You did a lot of work on your computer .Do hope the weather improved for you all

Daughter picked me up at 9am and took me shopping locally and we returned home to put away shopping. After that went to large shopping centre out of Glasgow. After an hour there we went to the nice hotel for lunch. Spent an hour there then daughter took me to hairdressers and waited on me and took me home. She was picking her daughter up from work and they were going on to their caravan in Elie .I sat for short time in back garden then forced myself to cut back grass and was so pleased managed that  felt shattered. Now off to catch up in more housework. Wishing you all a nice weekend
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:25 pm
well of course no hospital letter, and despite spending two hours or so trying to get an appointment for that heart echo, no luck
all their operatives were busy....

then a call to the itu unit I think they are called, re the railings for the steps, yes they are coming on Sunday, then got another call to phone Millbrook, who do the work, to find they are coming on Friday. how these people get these jobs I do not know.

Sorry to hear about the break in in the park Barbara, what a world we live in.

Rita glad you got out at last on the bus.

Dian see you have had another nice lunch
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum