Nifty Fifties Plus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Hello Everyone - Page 20 Empty Re: Hello Everyone

Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:15 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 20 Flower38 Pauline hope your knees improve soon ..Well done with your surveys  Your stuffed red pepper sounds so tasty Slow cooker food does sound so tasty too.

Jean be good to yourself and do hope you feel so much better soon .Pleased both cars are fine now

Barbara hoping you and David are having a good day with no problems

Rita good you enjoyed your morning coffee at the Church. Good to chat. Pleased Chiropodist can now visit you

Must say liked my physio this morning even though might suffer later. She gave me new exercises for my balance and really think they will help. She said I should not need to go back but can phone her anytime. Really liked her manner and now realize I should have had physio after my operation .Fingers crossed I do not suffer later on.
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:57 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We're having lovely sunshine here today! There was a hard frost in the night and during this morning but it's all gone now, though it's still a tad cold.

David did the essential shopping early this morning and has been playing with his model trains on and off. He also went to the pharmacy for me to collect my prescription, as I had a text to say that it was ready. He's watching snooker on the TV now. I've waited in for a parcel delivery yesterday and today. I rang the company yesterday afternoon to enquire about its whereabouts and was told that they had only sent the item to the courier earlier in the day yesterday, instead of the day before! At least they apologised and didn't try to cover up their mistake! Anyway, it arrived today at 12.45. I've almost completed the cryptic crossword today and have worked on my computer. I haven't done any exercises in the last 2 days as I've done something to my leg, making it stiff and painful. It's eased off a bit today, as I spent a lot of time yesterday and earlier today, walking up and down in the downstairs of our house. I also sat with a hot water bottle on my leg, inside a towel so that it wasn't too hot, and rubbed some Ibuprofen gel into my leg. I shall do some walking up and down again later this afternoon. I should have gone to the dentist today but cancelled it because of my leg being painful. As it happens, it's just as well I cancelled the appointment, what with the parcel not having been delivered yesterday as planned, and having to wait in for it again today.

Jean, well they came out to do the car yesterday, it was the battery worn out, ten years old, £143. Still he will not get rid of that car.

Yesterday you had a sore throat and discomfort in your right lung, so you're keeping everything crossed. David is better now, not cold anymore. The sun is shining but stuck here as David worn out going up the garage with the RAC man. He cannot do a lot but tries hard.

You are a bit off with this infection at the moment, it is affecting your breathing a bit, so may not be on here for a day or two. I'm sorry to hear you're not well, Jean, and I hope you feel better soon.

Dian, I shall carry on looking online for slippers for myself after my physio appointment next Monday. I haven't wanted to take any more deliveries until after that.

Thanks, btw, for the emails you've sent me. They're very good and well worth a watch.

You had another miserable looking day yesterday but it was dry when you posted. I hope your physio appointment went well today and that it's helping relieve your back.

Must say liked your physio this morning even though might suffer later. She gave you new exercises for your balance and really think they will help. She said you should not need to go back but can phone her anytime. Really liked her manner and now realize you should have had physio after your operation. Fingers crossed you do not suffer later on. I'm very pleased for you, Dian, that the physio is helping you.

Pauline, you think you had the thickest frost here yesterday morning, but all cleared with lovely blue sky (no clouds) and strong sunshine.

On Tuesday took the remainder of the books to the centre and then into Tescos and did quite a bit of shopping, using your double points voucher, which you will be able to use for a second time, and got a few bargains in there. Back home and cleared quite a few more emails and carried on with them yesterday morning, which includes one very long shopping survey, which you got part of done on Tuesday evening and carried on with that yesterday morning in dribs and drabs, between bouts of housework. It is one of those long surveys that you can earn a lot of points with, so worth doing, although a bit long and boring. Planned to do some inventive cooking later yesterday as you have a nice large red pepper to stuff with minced beef and other goodies, plus you will also use the slow cooker for the remainder of the beef with veg, using one of the Guinness cook in sauces, that Tescos were selling for 50p each on Tuesday, so stocked up on them again.

Must be that very frosty start and probably all the walking you did on Tuesday (did walk home with the shopping save waiting for a bus), as both of your knees are complaining today, so did a bit of massage on them before doing any further housework. Here we go, news has just started, so will listen to the pathetic excuses.

Rita, nothing much to report, but you had a nice morning with coffee at an oldie meeting at Church yesterday. Friend Mary neighbour did not go as she has just recovered from Virus, 10 of their family were infected, one after another. Christmas dinners.

Chiropodist now going to come here Friday afternoon as her husband ok now.

Stay safe and well, everyone!

Lots of love from me to all!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Pauline
Pauline
Admin
https://nifty-fifties.forumotion.com

Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:23 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 20 Ntnwg410    Hello Ladies.  Again today it started off with thick frost and was very cold and it is getting colder this evening, but during the day it has been a clear blue sky again with plenty of sun.  Yesterday and today I cannot say I got on very far with the housework, what with all of this creative cooking going on.  The meal from the slow cooker last evening was very tasty and filling and I got out from my freezer two small portions of previously cooked beef mince with onions and today I have added more onions to that and cooked again.  That is now cooling and tomorrow I will cut that large pepper in half and fill with that mixture and add cheese on top and then pop them in the oven to cook and that will be another meal sorted.  There will also be enough of the beef mince to use with a couple of potatoes that I have left which I will bake and will add some chilli flavouring to the beef mince and use for a filling with those and grate some cheese over them.  I still had a couple of slices of beef left and they got used for a sandwich at lunch time today - as you can tell I do hate to waste any left overs and crack on with being creative after the family have been here.

I did manage to get some washing done yesterday after I stripped the bed and remade that and that has all dried indoors and today took out the recycling from indoors and got all of that in the two wheelie bins.  There was also a lot of indoor compost which I keep in a medium sized plastic bucket with a lid and turned that into the outdoor compost bin.  My tall plant which resented being moved from the patio door and decorated at Christmas, shed a few leaves, so they got cut up small and put in there joining the potato peelings from last weekend, the satsumas that were past their best, some limp salad I turned out and there were plenty of tea bags from the weekend, plus coffee grounds and that all helps with the compost.  The only thing I have to avoid putting in there are the onion peelings (too smelly for compost).  There are quite a few tea bags that are getting near their use by date, that none of us liked - they were the Sainsbury's red label - so going to soak them and cut them up ready to start the next lot off.  I bought the PG tips that we all like and we used them at the weekend.  The trouble is that all of this recycling and composting does take a lot of time, but at least I am doing my bit to help the planet  Rolling Eyes.

Rita, that was a nice outing to the church with a meeting for all of you seniors of the congregation and coffee too.  Such a shame that Mary had to miss that beccause she has just recovered from the virus and now a lot of her family have that - one after the other.  That is good that your chiropodist will be with you tomorrow as her husband is now okay.  You know how close Tesco's is to me and that has always been their largest store (with so much warehousing along the back and the floor above the shop, so they have a huge amount of stock to display and they price down a lot of the goods getting near their sell by dates to make room and the later in the day that you go there, that is when the prices are being marked down even further - they can be found if you are used to the system and the area they put them and I have lived here long enough to know what to look out for (and of course, worked there on their night team several years ago).  I usually find they are cheaper than Sainsbury's and for me to get to their store, takes me 50 to 60 minutes on the other side of the town, but when the weather is better I like to go there just to make a difference and might leave it until they have a good sale on, because I have about £96 in Nectar points and have found some good household goods there in the past, like my iron, kettle and some good bedding.  Thanks for the tips about keeping my legs warm, but I do that already and just have to face it that the arthritis at the moment (and with the cold weather), seems quite at home in the knee area Crying or Very sad.  Do let us know if you find that calendar - what a mystery that is.

Jean I am so sorry to read about that infection you have, because I know how dangerous the chest infections are for you and usually you have to end up with antibiotics to clear them.  I know you love to go out, but please keep indoors in the warm and take care of yourself.

Barbara, same weather as my way for you and see that David got the essential shopping done and also collected a prescription for you and then on and off has been playing with his train set and watching the snooker on t v.  You on the other hand, not so well with your leg playing up over the last couple of days, so you have had to leave your exercises today and yesterday put a wrapped hot water bottle by the affected area to try and ease the pain and yesterday did some walking up and down the stairs, plus rubbed in the Ibuprofen gel, which seemed to have helped, because it has eased a bit today.  Shame because of it that you had to miss your dental appointment today, but some good came out of that because you were home to receive your parcel that you had enquired about.   Anyway, I hope that has cleared for you by next Monday when your next physio appointment is.

Dian, as you can see from above I enjoyed the slow cooker meal last evening, but all of the inventive cooking has slowed down my work on getting the house back in order again, but housework is always there to do.  That is really good to read that you liked the physio this morning, although you might suffer for that later today and originally you weren't looking forward to that and I hope the exercises you have been give are a great help to you and you think that probably you should have been offered that soon after your op.  Anyway, hope it all gets you back to rights again and no return of that awful pain, although she said that you could phone her if you needed to, but shouldn't have to see her again.

Well I think I had better get myself upstairs for a bath and then to bed to do a bit more reading and catch up on some recorded t v.  Hope all of you have a peaceful night.     
Ritadonni
Ritadonni

Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:24 pm
Just looking in again.   News is on Tv.  I feel for the Queen. I wonder if she knew or even met Andrew's friend whom he had with him at Sandringham.  I wonder if it is anything to do with the second sons (Andrew and Harry) not getting all the attention they wanted when their older brothers were so important. That's just my thoughts. I am so idle that is all I have to think about.

I went to Sainsbury's as usual this morning and this afternoon got a bus to town and  quickly dropped in a bag full of good clothes and books to a charity shop and amazingly just caught that same bus back . The full bag has been waiting for charity collection which never got picked up, but I wanted it out of the way.

It's been lovely sunshine all day.  I hope you were each able to get out in it for a little while.   This iPad needs charging now, running out of juice.
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:07 am
It is a  lovely sunshine day here today,  but we are stuck in here with COVID.....beyond belief...  My breathing is a bit better today, but I am weak and wobbly.

Read all the mail, but not the strength to reply.

Good job we did not visit anyone last week, could not go as we had no cars....fate.
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:19 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 20 Ndgfk512    Hi Ladies.  Have only just finished going through the emails and surveys and yesterday I completed the third and final part of that long survey - thankful for that, but it did earn me a lot of points.  Got some finanacial things to look at after this and finally back to the housework.  Another frosty start, but clear blue sky once again and plenty of warmth in that sun.  It would be so nice if this keeps up going into Spring.

Jean, sorry to read that you both have Covid, but thankful that those of us that had our full vaccines early and the booster, seem to be getting mild attacks of this and hope you are both over it soon - as you say fate, that neither of you went anywhere over the last few days because of not having the cars.

Rita, what you are thinking doesn't show you are lazy with nothing better to do - shows a sharp brain and enquiring mind.  Also a trip to Sainsbury's yesterday and after that on the bus into town with a heavy load for the charity shop. A lot of energy put in by you yesterday.  With regard to your throughts, I don't necessarily think it has to do with the second sons in the Royal family, because look at the former Duke of Windsor who should have been King - weak and wasteful.  There have always been rakes and rascals down the line of the Royals.  You could regard Anne as the second child, but she is determined and one of the hardest working of the Royals.  Takes after her grandmother Queen Mary (and even looks like her), her grandmother and grandfather and her mother and father.  I think it is a case of too much privilege and a weak character, plus a dislike of duty and work that comes out in a lot of them.  Our Queen's father was the second son, but with the help of his wife, turned into a fine King, particularly through WW2. Andrew now stripped of royal and military titles by his mother and that must have hurt her, how she has been let down by him.  

Now we have many MPs feeling so let down by the leader of their party and I don't think there was any other political party that could have got us through this pandemic so well, but now we are completely disgusted with the lack of consideration for them and all of us, by Boris.  He now cannot defend the lies he has told and he should go.  Apologies from Downing Street to the Queen for two boozy parties held the night before her husband's funeral, made just a few hours after that cheeky madam, Lizz Truss, tells us all to move on.  I think it is time for a few of them to move out not just "move on"!!  Also now we have the resignation of Professor Sir Jonathan Van-Tam, England’s deputy chief medical officer and that has raised several eyebrows in Whitehall and a lot are asking "why now". So we now hear that Djokovic has had the visa refused for a second time and this might lead to his deportation from Australia and his own home country are after him for misleading information and actions re Covid.  Perhaps it might get through to a lot leaders and so called "celebrities" that they cannot get away with such bad behaviour any longer and that they will be found out, because there are now far too many people in this world that have suffered so much, losing loved ones and not being able to be with them when they are dying, or attend their funerals as they would have wanted to and we no longer are prepared to put up with that type of arrogant behaviour.  I have got to say it too, yesterday I saw one person on the news, suffering from covid, taking up a hospital bed and that person had refused vaccination, so they were occupying a bed and the time and treatment from the medical staff, that should have been given to other people whose ops had been put off because of that attitude.  It was also stated from one hospital, that even admin staff had been helping on the wards and working as a team with the medical staff.   Well that has had my rant for the day and now I had better get on with my work Rolling Eyes.

Hope today is going well for you Barbara and the pain has eased that much more for you and Dian, do hope there wasn't a price to pay with regard to the new exercises.  Also Jean wishing you a speedy recovery from the covid and Rita, hope today is the day you just might find your calendar.

BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:20 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We've had lovely sunshine here all day today but it did start off with a heavy frost, which did eventually clear, leaving us with a fairly mild day.

David did the essential shopping early this morning and then he waited in for a parcel delivery, which came at lunchtime.  After lunch, we went for a nice walk in the sunshine.  I was glad of the fresh air and exercise, especially as my leg had been playing up for two or three days.  I was pleased that it had recovered enough for me to have that nice walk!  I still haven't done my usual physio exercises but will restart them tomorrow, as my leg is a lot better now.  I've tackled the cryptic crossword, completing most of it, and I'll have another go at it later this afternoon.  Also, I've worked on my computer this morning and this afternoon.  David is now upstairs in the loft, playing with his model railway.

Pauline, again I see that you and I have had similar weather.  It started off with thick frost and was very cold and it got colder yesterday evening, but during the day it had been a clear blue sky again with plenty of sun.  You cannot say you got on very far with the housework, what with all of this creative cooking going on.  The meal from the slow cooker on Wednesday evening was very tasty and filling and you got out from your freezer two small portions of previously cooked beef mince with onions and yesterday you added more onions to that and cooked again.  You left that to cool and today you will cut that large pepper in half and fill with that mixture and add cheese on top and then pop them in the oven to cook and that will be another meal sorted.  There will also be enough of the beef mince to use with a couple of potatoes that you have left which you will bake and will add some chilli flavouring to the beef mince and use for a filling with those and grate some cheese over them.  You still had a couple of slices of beef left and they got used for a sandwich yesterday lunch time.  You do hate to waste any left overs and crack on with being creative after the family have been here.

You did manage to get some washing done on Wednesday after you stripped the bed and remade that and that has all dried indoors and yesterday took out the recycling from indoors and got all of that in the two wheelie bins.  There was also a lot of indoor compost which you keep in a medium sized plastic bucket with a lid and turned that into the outdoor compost bin.  Your tall plant which resented being moved from the patio door and decorated at Christmas, shed a few leaves, so they got cut up small and put in there joining the potato peelings from last weekend, the satsumas that were past their best, some limp salad you turned out and there were plenty of tea bags from the weekend, plus coffee grounds and that all helps with the compost.  The only thing you have to avoid putting in there are the onion peelings (too smelly for compost).  There are quite a few tea bags that are getting near their use by date, that none of you liked - they were the Sainsbury's red label - so going to soak them and cut them up ready to start the next lot off.  You bought the PG tips that you all like and used them at the weekend.  The trouble is that all of this recycling and composting does take a lot of time, but at least you are doing your bit to help the planet!

Yes, I'm very glad that my leg is definitely on the mend and so it should be ok by the time my physio appointment comes around next Monday.

Have only just finished going through the emails and surveys and yesterday you completed the third and final part of that long survey - thankful for that, but it did earn you a lot of points.  Got some finanacial things to look at after this and finally back to the housework.  Another frosty start, but clear blue sky once again and plenty of warmth in that sun.  It would be so nice if this keeps up going into Spring.  Wouldn't it just!!!

Rita, just looking in again.   News is on Tv.  You feel for the Queen, as do I.  You wonder if she knew or even met Andrew's friend whom he had with him at Sandringham.  You wonder if it is anything to do with the second sons (Andrew and Harry) not getting all the attention they wanted when their older brothers were so important. That's just your thoughts.

You went to Sainsbury's as usual yesterday morning and in the afternoon got a bus to town and  quickly dropped in a bag full of good clothes and books to a charity shop and amazingly just caught that same bus back . The full bag has been waiting for charity collection which never got picked up, but you wanted it out of the way.

It's been lovely sunshine all day yesterday.  You hope we all were able to get out in it for a little while.   This iPad needs charging now, running out of juice.

Jean, you have  lovely sunshine day here today,  but you are stuck at home with COVID.....beyond belief...  Your breathing is a bit better today, but you are weak and wobbly.  I'm very sorry to hear that you both have covid and hope you're both better soon.

Read all the mail, but not the strength to reply.

Good job you did not visit anyone last week, could not go as you had no cars....fate.

Stay safe and well, everyone!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:50 am
Hello Everyone - Page 20 H_ladi19 Sorry ladies I never managed to get on line yesterday but was out early and did not get home till after 5o,clock so really was shattered but did enjoy my day very much. So pleased did not have pain after my physio either so will carry on with the new exercises as well as the first lot.

Pauline certainly doing well with all your creative meals .See the surveys also doing well too also compost bin .Yes everything takes time  and effort, Great housework nearly up to date .See still so busy with your surveys but well worth the effort for the rewards..

Jean so so sorry you and David now have Covid but good to be vaccinated against it. Do hope you both recover soon.

Barbara good you had some nice sunshine as certainly cheers us .Good you and David had a nice walk after lunch and as your leg had been playing up for a few days was pleased that you managed your walk.You will carry on with your exercises as leg has improved which is good news. Well done in tackling your cryptic crossword also work on your computer. David also enjoyed his trains

Rita you did really well in getting out also getting your bag of good clothes books  ect. to the charity shop .Reminds me I really need to do that too

Well felt quite tired this morning but must really move myself and get on with some work and exercises. Dry but dull here this morning. Have a nice weekend all
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:46 am
Well here I am keeping everything  crossed for David who is not too good.  Track and trace wants me to download their app onto the phone, but cannot do this at the moment.  They have rung three times this morning to speak to David, could not understand the person at the other end.

Coco cannot understand why she cannot go out and it is raining yet again.

David says he feels cold, but his temp is normal, like mine.  I am getting a bit scared for him.
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:08 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 20 Okcufg11  Well I shouldn't have mentioned the good weather yesterday and hoping it would take us into Spring, because this morning, unlike Jean, the rain hasn't reached here yet, but we still have thick fog which started last evening - only a light frost this morning, but it doesn't look as though the sun will break through today.

Jean do try and get that  NHS Track and Trace downloaded to your phone or at least speak to them if they phone again.  I can understand you being so worried about David the way he is feeling (which seems to be worse than you).  Would be good if you could get the NHS Track and Trace downloaded to your phone and I found it very easy to do.  If they phone again then ask them to slow down when they are talking to you, if you found them hard to understand, because you probably need their advice with regard to David.  Just hope you both get over this quickly.  You saying that you couldn't get out anywhere because of not having either car working, David did go with the RAC man to the garage, so it is possible he might have contracted it then.

Barbara, glad to read that your leg had recovered enough for you and David to get a walk in the sunshine yesterday and you also managed more of your exercises and hope the next physio appointment on Monday goes okay for you.

Rita thanks for your messages on Facebook messenger and good luck as you still haven't found the calendar - one of life's mysteries Shocked.

Dian, really pleased to read that you had no pain from the physio exercises and you were able to get out yesterday for quite a long time and enjoyed it.all.

A fairly quick post today as I really must make more headway with the housework and sorting today.  
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:39 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We had frost and fog overnight. The frost had gone some time very early this morning but the fog lingered for a long time. It finally cleared around noon today and we were forecast some sunshine in the early afternoon. It did arrive but must've decided not to stick around, as it only lasted for about half an hour!

David did the essential shopping early this morning and then went upstairs in our loft to play with his trains for a while. After lunch, we went out for a walk and the weather was fresh rather than cold, which was quite nice! However, during one part of the walk, there was a horrible chemical type of smell. It didn't last for very long but it was just awful! I wondered if someone had maybe spilled something but there was no one about at the time. The rest of the walk was thankfully uneventful! I did some of my physio exercises this morning and also completed the cryptic crossword, which I often do on a Saturday but very rarely on other days. I also did some work on my computer. This afternoon, I've done some more work on my computer and will do the rest of my exercises shortly. David is now watching snooker on the TV.

Dian, first of all, thanks very much for sending me those brilliant emails. I do enjoy them! I especially liked the Covid-style rendition of "Alleluia".

You didn't manage to get on line yesterday but were out early and did not get home till after 5o,clock so really was shattered but did enjoy your day very much. So pleased you did not have pain after your physio either so you will carry on with the new exercises as well as the first lot.

You felt quite tired this morning but needed to really move yourself and get on with some work and exercises. It was dry but dull there this morning. I hope your weather has improved since then.

Jean, you're keeping everything crossed for David who is not too good. I'm sorry to hear that. Track and trace wants you to download their app onto the phone, but cannot do this at the moment. They have rung three times this morning to speak to David, could not understand the person at the other end. As Pauline has said, I think you need to ask them to slow down, as what they have to say does sound important.

Coco cannot understand why she cannot go out and it is raining yet again.

David says he feels cold, but his temp is normal, like yours. You're getting a bit scared for him. That's understandable and I'll say some prayers for you both, if that's all right.

Pauline, you wish you hadn't mentioned the good weather yesterday and hoping it would take us into Spring, because this morning, unlike Jean, the rain hadn't reached you yet, but you still have thick fog which started last evening - only a light frost this morning, but it doesn't look as though the sun will break through today. That does sound very similar to our weather.

You've done a fairly quick post today as you really must make more headway with the housework and sorting today.

I wish everyone to be safe and well.

Lots of love from me to all.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:46 pm
Pauline have phoned track and trace three times to ask for some more swabs as they should have sent us some.  The last time I got through to someone she said they would text me, well this has not happened.   David went to our garage with all the doors open to the air, it appears he had it before that and we think it was the car that returned from the Garage that caused it.  Doctors did ring yesterday to say should we feel worse, ring 999 and check our oxygen levels. The machine will not work on David.  Mine are ok.

I cannot download that app because there are two of us using the phone, the same with the computer.

My grandchildren have been wonderful, trying to get some test swabs for us, although of course, contact by phone only.
Ritadonni
Ritadonni

Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:33 am
At last I have got in here, sorry writing is so small.  I am using iPad.  I could not get yesterday's  postings.

JEAN  I am so sorry that you and David are so poorly with the Covid virus and that you are not getting any help except your family are trying to do what they can.  I do not know what one is supposed to do!  My son was able to look after his wife and daughter when they were very Ill with it,  but no help otherwise.

PAULINE thanks for keeping in touch, it seems unlikely that we will meet again in person, so difficult to arrange anything nowadays.  You were busy sorting out things.  Are you still making items for  ............... sales.   Sorry I forget so much now, Stephen's wife's name.

DIAN  it's good you are getting out and about again, and doing your exercises. I should stir myself and do something.

BARBARA.  The weather varies and I hope you got out for a walk and you are feeling better.

Yesterday I walked to the shop and bought a newspaper, did see a lady to pass time of day with, then once home made lunch and was so tired finally gave in and went to bed and slept.
I must try to keep busy today and not give in.  I think it is not seeing or speaking to anyone  (it is the same for many I know)  that brings on the sleepiness.  So time to get dusting and hoovering. Bye all
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:07 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 20 4cnhg139Pauline busy as ever in getting all up to date.I am sure you will win.

Jean so sorry you and David not keeping too good so do hope it all improves for you and really good your family is doing all they can for you both.

Rita that was good getting out for your paper and having a chat with someone. Think as we all get older we do need quite a lot of time for a nice snooze so enjoy

Barbara good you are getting out for your walk with David. That was a nasty smell you encountered on your walk.You also worked on your computer did the crossword also got your exercises done David worked with his trains upstairs.

A nice bright day but chilly even though sun is out.I am going to hang out a small washing and try to plant crocus corms but think i am a bit late but time will tell
Enjoy your Sunday ladies
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:27 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 20 Xjejlt10    Hello Ladies.  No frost this morning and thankfully back to sunshine at the moment, but there are plenty of clouds around!!  Used that dragon gif today in the hope that I have calmed down and the news won't upset me  Rolling Eyes.

Yesterday managed to thoroughly sort out the lounge once again, getting the toys back into their two boxes and with a long cane, managing to get out the toy cars that were hiding under the settees and chairs and also got the kitchen end straight and did one lot of laundry which is drying indoors again.  More indoor composting turned out in the bin outside, but had a new idea about those satsumas that were drying out - I actually sliced them and baked them in the oven and those slices are now in one of the dishes of potpourri, adding different aromas.  Got the dining room end to get sorted today. Emails and surveys up-to-date and am going to try and get this year's new diary complete, filling in the necessary birthday dates, etc.

Cooked one of the stuffed pepper halves for lunch and it was very tasty with the cheese baked on top.  I still don't think they are quite as nice as the large beef steak tomatoes my Mum and I used to prepare.  They don't seem so easy to buy these days - perhaps I should grow some this year.  I did give up growing my own tomatoes because they are quite time consuming to look after, but that larger variety might be worth growing.

Barbara, see the fog cleared your way by the afternoon, but ours lingered much longer here and thankfully we have none today.  Usual activities for both of you yesterday and you managed a walk together in the afternoon.  I wonder what that chemical smell on the air was, that you noticed yesterday.  I expect you were pleased that you managed to complete the cryptic crossword yesterday.  

Dian thank you for the emails again this morning - good to have a break with them during the housework and River Dance is always welcome whatever nationality perform it. See you are going to hang out some washing and try and get that dry as you have a nice bright day, although still chilly. Hope you get the crocus corms in - don't think you will be too late with them and they always cheer up the start of Spring.

Jean, have answered your email this morning and thank goodness your grandchildren have been so helpful trying to get the things you need - that is more than the NHS Track and Trace people have been.  If it did come from the return of the car, then you might just be nearing the end of the infection - I do hope so for you both.

Rita, well first of all Stephen still doesn't have a wife, thanks to all of the wedding cancellations due to covid, but eventually him and Rachel just might manage to get wed this year Wink.  No I am not doing any crafting at the moment for her sales, although she is getting a lot of orders on line, but a lot of the goods still are unavailable for different reasons, slow deliveries, lack of drivers, Brexit, etc., but at least she does have a lot more customers.  At the moment I am doing my best to turn more things out.  At least you got out yesterday for a walk to the shop to buy a newspaper and had a talk with a lady you met on the way and then home for lunch and a sleep.  The other day on the tv (plus also on the internet) it was mentioned about so many people not being able to shake off tiredness at the moment - I think this all goes down to the last couple of troubled years we have gone through, the restrictions we have had to put up with and having to think about every move we make i.e whether we can or can't go somewhere and who with - really a very wearying time.

I think it is lunch time now, or at least time for a coffee before I crack on again.  Hope all of you have a restful Sunday.  
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:15 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We had frost overnight again but it was gone by this morning.  The fog lingered a while longer but that’s gone now too and we have lovely sunshine, although still a tad chilly, as is the wind.  

David and I went for a nice walk once most of the fog had disappeared.  We went near to where there was a nasty chemical-type smell yesterday but it wasn't there today.  I think it must've been caused by some spillage or other.  David has gone upstairs to play with his trains this afternoon.  I’ve tackled the general knowledge crossword in the newspaper and have completed most of it.  I’ve also done one lot of my physio exercises and have worked on my computer.  I’ll do the second set of my exercises later this afternoon.  I may not get online tomorrow, as I’ll be going into Croydon for my physio appointment.

Jean, it's more than a pity that Track and Trace haven't sent you more swabs, as they should've done!  Has that person texted you yet?   David went to your garage with all the doors open to the air, and so it appears he had Covid before that.  You think it was the car that returned from the Garage that caused it.  Doctors did ring yesterday to say should you feel worse, ring 999 and check your oxygen levels. The machine will not work on David.  I'm glad that yours are ok.

You cannot download that app because there are two of you using the phone, the same with the computer.

It's good that your grandchildren have been wonderful, trying to get some test swabs for you, although of course, contact by phone only.

I do hope that you'll both be better soon.

Rita, it's good to see you in here but it's a pity you couldn't get yesterday's posts.

I am feeling a lot better now, thanks!

Yesterday you walked to the shop and bought a newspaper, did see a lady to pass time of day with, then once home made lunch and were so tired finally gave in and went to bed and slept.  You're going to try to keep busy today and not give in.  You think it is not seeing or speaking to anyone  (it is the same for many, you know) that brings on the sleepiness, or maybe it's just that you need to sleep a bit more?  You did the dusting and hoovering after posting in here.

Dian, You're having a nice bright day but chilly even though sun is out. You hung out a small washing and tried to plant crocus corms but think you're a bit late but time will tell.  I'm enjoying watching the emails you're sending me!  The River Dance was particularly good and I forwarded it to my sister, commenting that it isn't just the Irish who can do it.  We have Irish blood and so are familiar with the concept of Irish dancing!

Pauline, no frost this morning and thankfully back to sunshine when you posted, but there were plenty of clouds around!!  Used that dragon gif today in the hope that you have calmed down and the news won't upset you.  A lot of the news is certainly very upsetting at the moment.

Yesterday managed to thoroughly sort out the lounge once again, getting the toys back into their two boxes and with a long cane, managing to get out the toy cars that were hiding under the settees and chairs and also got the kitchen end straight and did one lot of laundry which dried indoors again.  More indoor composting turned out in the bin outside, but had a new idea about those satsumas that were drying out - you actually sliced them and baked them in the oven and those slices are now in one of the dishes of potpourri, adding different aromas.  Got the dining room end to get sorted today. Emails and surveys up-to-date and are going to try and get this year's new diary complete, filling in the necessary birthday dates, etc.

Cooked one of the stuffed pepper halves for lunch and it was very tasty with the cheese baked on top.  You still don't think they are quite as nice as the large beef steak tomatoes you and your Mum used to prepare.  They don't seem so easy to buy these days - you may think about growing some this year.  You did give up growing your own tomatoes because they are quite time consuming to look after, but that larger variety might be worth growing.

It's good that you haven't had any fog today.

I think you may be right about the reason so many people get tired easily.  It could well be down to the last couple of years and the restrictions we've been under.  If only Boris and co would follow the restrictions and rules that they came up with, it might make following them easier for the rest of us!  I'll get off my soapbox now!

Wishing everyone good health!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:44 am
I love Riverdance have a recording on virgin.

Yesterday my temp went down to 34 and oxygen went down also, however it did return to normal, so today so far I have not taken it. Cannot do much. the sun is shining and I am fed up.  It was a thought that maybe David got it when he took the car in the first time end of December, as he never goes anywhere.  His test was negative last night.  The covid people have not done anything for us, no swabs etc. no text.  Luckily rang the chemist this morning and they are delivering two.

Thanks for all your good wishes.
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:54 am
Hello Everyone - Page 20 5mgcrr10   Hi Nifty Ladies.  Quick look in again today as trying to get a few more things done before I leave for the club at midday.

Barbara I see that you and David got out for your walk yesterday and that nasty chemical smell had gone.  David went upstairs to play with his trains after that and you got on with the general knowledge crossword and nearly completed that, did your exercises and worked on your computer.  Completely agree with what you said about Boris and Co.  Hope the visit to the physio today goes well for you.

Looking forward to reading posts from today when I get in from the club and hope today goes well for you too Dian, Rita and Jean and do hope that you and David are feeling much better today.

Back to the housework and get a little bit more finished before I get going and hope we have more members at the club today.

P.S just seen you have posted Jean while I was typing this and glad to read that both of you are improving and you have managed to order some more tests from the chemist, who are delivering them to you.  I know you get fed up with staying in, but probably better for you both until you are fully recovered from that nasty virus.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:01 am
Hello Everyone - Page 20 1i6fjy53Pauline good lounge all in order again with all the toys in their proper place ect. That was a good idea with the satsumas .All of the composting done too Good your emails and surveys up to date too.The news is still so depressing also the goal posts keep moving....grrrr

Jean do hope you and David have improved some and hope you recover quite soon.

Rita hope your having a good day with no problems

Barbara you and David had a nice walk and no nasty smells this time .David played upstairs with the trains .You tackled the crossword in the paper and nearly finished it. Also you did some physio and worked on the computer. Later you will do more exercises .Hope all goes well for you at the physio tomorrow.

I got my crocus corms planted also lifted dead leaves and some debris from back and front garden but still more needs done. I have done one lot of my exercises but will do more later .Have a good day ladies
Ritadonni
Ritadonni

Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:05 pm
Starting again, just lost what I've written, grrr...

Pauline, it would be a nice change going out in the sunshine to your club.  Were there more people there this week?

JEAN worrying times for you, I do hope you and David are recovering  and feeling better now.  I think I said before my neighbour and then ten of her family had it.

BARBARA. Physio for you today.  Was it ok, did you manage  It  and travelling to get there ok?

DIAN,  Your bulbs planted now in warmer soil stand a good chance of blooming well.

I walked to shop with a neighbour this afternoon so it was pleasant company in  the sunshine.
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:27 am
Hello Everyone - Page 20 Ilxv6710    That gif this morning applies to me and coffee.  I had bought a different type of coffee (Sumatran which I fancied trying) and when I opened it on Sunday morning I found it was the whole bean instead of the ground coffee.  I wasn't going to be beaten so got out my Breville blender and it worked very well, so now I have a bag of ground Sumatran coffee.  After doing all of that I did manage to get my cup of filtered coffee on Sunday morning and enjoyed it.  I now know that if there are some coffee beans with a different flavour and the ground equivalent isn't available, then I can deal with it Wink.  Also enjoyed one of those cuppas first thing this morning.

Dian, yes the news is still depressing and I haven't listened to it so far today.  That was good that you managed to get the crocus corms in yesterday and like Rita has said, they will probably get a good start with the soil that much warmer.  Well done you getting rid of more dead leaves and debris from the front and back gardens and also coping with your physio exercises.

Rita, Yes I did enjoy the club again yesterday and there were a couple more people there than last week.  At the moment we are having to entertain ourselves, quizes, curling, etc., until we get a programme together of people who do interesting talks and/or exercises, etc. without charging the earth.  Also when the better weather is here then we can organise some more trips out.  That was a treat being able to walk to your local shop with a neighbour who was going there too, so you could enjoy the company and conversation on the way.  

Barbara do hope all went well with your physio appointment.

Jean, also hope that you and David are so much better today.

On with some more housework this morning and hope you all have a good day.  
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:04 am
Hello Everyone - Page 20 Flower13Pauline clever you in using your blender on the coffee bean .Good you also enjoyed a nice coffee this morning .Bet  all were so pleased that your club has opened and good to get new people. Just to get chatting to people is a bonus.

Jean do hope you and David start to improve a lot soon.

Barbara do hope all went good with your physio .Wishing you and David a good day

Rita it does help a lot to have chats with neighbours and friends.

Quite chilly but dry at the moment so going to go round to local shops for a few items. Enjoy your day ladies
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:41 am
Good Morning everyone!

We were forecast fog and frost today.  It was a heavy frost this morning but the fog stayed away, thank goodness!

Yesterday David and I went into Croydon for my physio appointment.  It went very well and I feel a lot more hopeful now that something positive is being done to help me get over my arthritis/mobiity problem.  The physiotherapist got me doing various exercises and he explained everything very well to me.  He’s going to send me details of the exercises via email and they’re a lot more vigorous than the ones I received from the surgery physio.

It was all very exhausting, though, especially as we ended up walking all the way back from Croydon, as we were into the rush hour, with the buses being packed to the gills with passengers already.  I reckon it took us a good 35 minutes to walk back home, and it was a very slow progress as I’m not able to walk even as fast as at my normal rate.  Hopefully that will change once I receive the exercises and have a nice long time between now and my next appointment, it being on 23 February, which thankfully is at a better time for travelling as it's in the late morning.

I had a very quiet evening and just wanted to watch the TV, although I still had tablets to take and drops to put into my eyes at intervals.

David has gone into Croydon this morning to buy some slippers.  We’ll be going for a walk after lunch, when hopefully the frost will have disappeared.

Jean, on Sunday your temp went down to 34 and oxygen went down also, however it did return to normal, so yesterday up until posting, you had not taken it. Cannot do much. the sun is shining and you are fed up.  It was a thought that maybe David got it when he took the car in the first time end of December, as he never goes anywhere.  His test was negative on Sunday night.  The covid people have not done anything for you, no swabs etc. no text.  Luckily rang the chemist this morning and they are delivering two.  I do hope you both soon feel a lot better.

Pauline, you had a quick look in again yesterday as trying to get a few more things done before you left for the club at midday.

You went back to the housework after posting and got a little bit more finished before you got going and I too hope you had more members at the club yesterday.

That gif this morning applies to you and coffee.  You had bought a different type of coffee (Sumatran which you fancied trying) and when you opened it on Sunday morning you found it was the whole bean instead of the ground coffee. You weren't going to be beaten so got out your Breville blender and it worked very well, so now you have a bag of ground Sumatran coffee.  After doing all of that you did manage to get your cup of filtered coffee on Sunday morning and enjoyed it.  You now know that if there are some coffee beans with a different flavour and the ground equivalent isn't available, then you can deal with it.  Also enjoyed one of those cuppas first thing this morning.

You did enjoy the club again yesterday and there were a couple more people there than last week.  At the moment you are having to entertain yourselves, quizes, curling, etc., until you get a programme together of people who do interesting talks and/or exercises, etc. without charging the earth.  Also when the better weather is here then you can organise some more trips out.

Dian, you got your crocus corms planted also lifted dead leaves and some debris from back and front garden but still more needs done. You have done one lot of your exercises but will do more later.

Your weather was quite chilly but dry when you posted today so going to go round to local shops for a few items.

Rita, physio yesterday was fine, thanks, and I did manage it.  Travelling to get there was ok, as we were able to get a bus easily and also get seats.  Coming back home was not so good, though, as we were into the rush hour.  The buses were already packed and we ended up walking all the way back home, and with me not being used to a lot of walking, it took a very long time.  I was glad to have done it, though.

You walked to shop with a neighbour yesterday afternoon so it was pleasant company in  the sunshine.

I wish good health to everyone!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ritadonni
Ritadonni

Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:36 pm
Once again I and my trolley had a walk, left my repeat prescription app at Dr surgery.  I asked at the Pharmacy and to get a testing kit for Covid one has to ring 119 for a Code ?  Why or what for, I didn't hear what else he said.     I then bought a newspaper and  on way back called in for an hour to see my son's ma in law.   Sun was shining, but a grey day now.  I am glad I didn't clean my windows as I thought of doing them earlier.

JEAN I do hope you and David are getting better.

PAULINE, DIAN and BARBARA, I hope you are having a good day and the weather not too bad in your area.    I should go and make something  to eat now, byeeee
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:27 am
Hello Everyone - Page 20 Hu38qh10  Good Morning All.

I keep on finding so many fiddly little jobs to complete and finish that I don't seem to be crossing off the larger jobs on my list.  Rachel phoned yesterday just as she had reached Homebase as she was after some paint to liven up some furniture legs.  She had just papered one wall in the lounge and got new curtains up to add a bit more colour in there and was feeling creative and unlike me, had actually nearly finshed a larger project.  My day was full up with surveys (but at least another £10 received to add to the amount I have in Amazon to spend), going through emails, security checks on computer, getting in the recycling bin, finishing off this year's diary and printing off bank statements and making sure they tallied with my accounts (which they did), washing the doormat just inside the patio door and all little jobs like that, plus a bit more creative cooking.  

Today another small job awaits - I really do need to update my Christmas card list and go through the cards I received and see if there are any suitable for cutting out for Christmas crafting containers.  One of the club members mentioned to me the other day, that there no longer seems to be the collection points about for these, like there used to be.  Also where I sit at the computer it is next to the window in the side wall and there are two plant pot holders on the windowsill and one of them is flaking badly and needs attention.  Here is a photo of what both of them should look like (so that is another small job that needs attention):-  

Hello Everyone - Page 20 Morefl11

Dian, yes you are right about the clubs, just to chat to different people is good.  See it was chilly, but dry yesterday where you are, so you were off to the local shops for a few things and hope you enjoyed the fresh air on that shopping trip.

Barbara I reckon you did so well with the physio appointment on Monday and then walking all the way back from Croydon with David, after that.  You feel that you are getting to grips now with the knee problems and you have even more vigorous exercises to do, so hope they work and your mobility improves even more by the time for your next appointment in February.  Hope David had a successful trip yesterday into Croydon to try and get slippers and you were intending to go for another walk with him on his return.

Rita, another walk for you yesterday in the sunshine.  I had to appply through the NHS app on my computer for the test kits and they gave me a code which I had to show at Boots and luckily they did have them in at the time (unlike my prescription that I had to chase for again).  There seems to be so many hold ups in the pharmacies receiving these kits.  You will have seen the bother that Jean had with getting these and no help at all from the NHS app, but her local chemist was bringing them out to her after she enquired.

Jean, do hope those test kits arrived for you.

Second cup of coffee of the day and then on with the list of jobs and hope all of you enjoy your day.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum