Nifty Fifties Plus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Hello Everyone Empty Hello Everyone

Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:04 pm
Hello Everyone Dix5vt11 Well so far it is dry here so hope it stays dry.

Barbara after  David did his shopping he helped you for a walk.  Well done David in winning his match and all enjoyed the match. Andrew busy working as usual but he did set up your computer for you. Sorry knees still painful and no word of a physio .Afraid you could wait long enough

Jean do hope your grandson got treated and nothing serious. Yes it is a terrible worry for David so do hope you get some good news.

Rita hope you got your bus into town and enjoyed the time there. I could not get to The Range or Dunelm except for my daughter taking me in her car there and back .I think this site can be quite tricky sometimes .Enjoy your weekend

I am sure Pauline will be having a nice time........Well must be off and do some work
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Hello Everyone Empty Re: Hello Everyone

Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:41 pm
This morning it was quite warm to start with and we went for our flu jab. Appointment 9.40am. When we got there there was a queue of around 50 people so why give an appointment, anyway I rushed them all and found a nurse and explained no way could David get there, so she kindly let me bring him in
ahead of the others, and we had our jabs in the corridor. We have heard nothing further about David, and he is getting weaker all the time.

Andrew's lump turned out to be a tooth abcess.  They told him to dial 111 to find a dentist.  My gardener's son has done this many times without success.  it would cost him £2500 to have that tooth out, what a racket, they are getting rich on people's pain and now no petrol.  Well the BBC sorted that yesterday morning and people rushed out to fill up.  I do not believe a word this govt says, they do not live in the real world.
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:28 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We've had a cloudy day today but there's been no rain.  It's a tad colder than it's been of late but it's not too bad.  There was a short burst of sunshine a short time ago but it's gone away again now.

David did the essential shopping early this morning and then he accompanied me on a short walk, as per usual.  We both thought that my walking was a bit better today.  After lunch, he went to the terrain to play in the club session and won 3 games out of the 4 that he played.  Andrew has had a fairly quiet day today.  After lunch, I did some updating on my computer.  It took rather a long time and I was beginning to think that it would never end!  I've done a lot of walking around the house today and it seems to be helping my knees.

Rita, you've been outside sweeping up straw which falls off the farm lorries, machinery as they are going up and down this road all week, and it looks such a mess. Great wide wheels take up all the road.

Thank you for your kind words to me.  It certainly is a big worry for me not getting proper access to a Doctor.  You had text message from surgery about booking in for flu jab.  Your local surgery now joined up with others so it will be two bus journeys for you to get there whenever you can get booked in.  It gave a http so system online but you tried and it didn't work for you, so you've sent an email to your local surgery.  They assume that every single person nowadays has access to the Internet, Mmm, your neighbour's don't have computers..

You don't do anything these days, very quiet, but tomorrow you'll get the bus and wander about town, will pass the time for a while.  So, as not expecting to see anyone or go anywhere special, you won't come on here over the weekend.  Let's hope it's a fine sunny weekend.  Weather not normal anywhere as daughter and friends in Canada are in the Alonquin forest area and it has rained nonstop for three days - not good for log fire cooking?

Dian, well so far you're having a dry day and I hope it stays dry for you.  Thank you for your kind words to my family and me, especially about the lack of physio I'm experiencing!  You did some housework after posting.

Jean,  this morning you had quite warm weather to start with. and you and David went for your flu jabs.  Appointment 9.40am bu when you got there there was a queue of around 50 people and so why give an appointment?  Anyway you rushed them all and found a nurse and explained no way could David get there, so she kindly let you bring him in ahead of the others, and you had your jabs in the corridor.  You've heard northing further about David, and he is getting weaker all the time, which I'm so sorry to hear.  Andrews lump turned out to be a tooth abcess.  They told him to dial 111 to find a dentist.  Your gardeners son has done this many times without success. It'd cost him £2500 to have that tooth out.  What a racket!  They're getting rich on people pain.  And now no petrol.  Well the BBC sorted that yesterday morning and people rushed out to fill up.  I'm inclined to agree with you regarding what this govt says.  They don't live in the real world.

Pauline will be having a lovely time with her family, I'm sure.

Stay safe and well, everyone!

Lots of love from me to all!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:02 am
Good Morning everyone!

We're having a rather cloudy and chilly day here today.  Once again, the sun has tried to come out but so far has failed miserably!  The weather people have said that today is the last warm day of the year.  We've done very well this month for weather, which has on the whole been nicely unseasonable!

David did the essential shopping earlier this morning and he's since gone to the terrain to play in the club session.  I hope he wins all his games!  Andrew is once again having a quiet day, ready to return to work tomorrow and for the rest of the week.  He will however be taking David and me to my hospital appointment tomorrow morning and then coming back home to resume his work (all with the permission of his boss, of course!).  I've worked on my computer this morning and am just about to do some walking around the downstairs of our house.  I've also tackled the general knowledge quiz in today's TV magazine, completing around half of it.  I'll have another go later on today, to try and finish it.

I may not get online tomorrow, due to attending my hospital appointment regarding the glaucoma.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:52 pm
Hello Everyone 81323110 Jean that was good you and David have now got your flu jag and good you managed to get taken quickly due to your perseverance. Sorry to hear Andrews lump was an abscess and so annoying he has to find a dentist. Hoping David is feeling a bit better.

Barbara good to hear you are walking a bit better. David did his essential shopping and will be going to the terrain later. That is good news that Andrew can take you to the hospital and home again with his boss, s permission .Good you have done well with the General knowledge quiz and hope to finish it later.
Hope all goes well at the hospital  tomorrow for you.

Rita hope your having a nice peaceful weekend with no upsets.

Well it is dry but chilly today. Now off to do some housework .Enjoy your Sunday all .
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:46 pm
Kaz, Oscar and Mason came round this morning, the latter not happy as he is teething. He is only 11 weeks old. Apparently Oscar did the same.

The sun shone so went into the garden for a little while. the wind made me go in again.

David is asleep in the chair yet again.  I just wish I could help him more.  Still awaiting that blood test news of course.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:29 pm
Hello Everyone D3f2uy28 Jean do hope David had a restful night .See grandsons visited and can be so painful when they are teething. Nice to see them when they visit

Barbara do hope all went well at the hospital for you today

Rita hope your weekend went along nicely

Pauline will soon be home after her visit to her family

Wet this morning but now cleared up a bit but think we will have more rain soon.
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:51 pm
I have just had a call from the doctors to have the covid booster up there. This is after I had booked it elsewhere. Anyway going up there now, as it is easier.  Then enquired for his blood test and there is one on Thursday morning.  Nobody rang to tell us of course.

David is not very good at all.

I expect Pauline will be back soon.
Ritadonni
Ritadonni

Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:22 pm
Hello ladies.

Same weather here Dian, heavy showers came on suddenly, got caught just putting dust bins out for collection tomorrow. Yesterday It teemed rain all day, I made a loaf of wholemeal bread  and a sandwich cake just for something to do.  .As I often say "My Diet Starts tomorrow" - hehee.

Jean, same here, seem to be mix ups at Doctor practices, I had word to say that Flu jabs had to be booked through an online number, which I tried - didn't work, so I sent text message and got reply straight back with appointment for tomorrrow morning, but not at local surgery, I will need to get a taxi which will take 30 mins thro traffic, otherwise two buses and waitings -  take nearly 2 hours.  No car these days.  It's good that you will get a Booster jab at your usual surgery, and can take David for blood test - some surgeries have a shortage of testing equipment.

Barbara, how did you manage at the hospital today?  Were they helpful, are you any wiser?

I should have  gone out for a walk between showers, but just couldn't be bothered to get  three wheeler out on wet pavements. Had brief word with daughter in Canada, she was in DIY shop getting odd bits  for new kitchen being fitted, Black sink and (unusual) Draining board, - seems in Canada folk prefer two sinks, one wash, one drain etc, no draining board.

I hope it's been nice weather for Pauline's little break away.
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:59 am
There is a horrible smell of manure all over Wellingborough.  David cannot smell anything so he is lucky that way.

Been to post Canadian parcel, put magnet on the contents and not fridge magnet....just hope it gets there. it is overcast and dull here.

Did anyone see Endeavour, could not understand it.  Was supposed to be the last one, but maybe some more as they really did not finish it.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:49 pm
Hello Everyone 4cnhg131Pauline should be home soon I think

Jean good you are getting your jab ......Good got your parcel posted to Canada....hope David feeling a bit better

Rita well done with your baking....bet you enjoyed it that is so annoying all that travelling for your flu jag. Everything seems to be in a mix up everywhere.Nice got talking to your daughter in Canada

Barbara do hope all went well at the hospital for you

Another wet morning but has dried up so put a small washing out. Daughter is going to pop in after work today so she should be shortly.Have a good day ladies
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:41 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We've had a lot of heavy rain today.  The sun came out a short while ago but didn't stay long.  Tomorrow is said to be a better day for weather.  I hope so!

Yesterday, I had my hospital appointment regarding glaucoma.  It was a bit of a harrowing day because of the abnormal amount of cars on the road, all touring round and queuing up to try and find a petrol garage that had some petrol!  Andrew kindly gave David and me a lift there but had to get back to work and so we had to get a taxi back home after my appointment.  All the monitoring tests went well at the hospital, thankfully.  I was told the hospital would be sending me a letter giving all the results in about 4 to 5 weeks' time.

David did the essential shopping early this morning.  I had a telephone consultation with a locum GP at our surgery this morning and she said she needed me to send in a sample to be sent to the lab in our hospital, so that she could assess what medication is needed to solve my problem.  This is a bit annoying as I've already gone through that exercise twice before but none of our own GPs was available for me to speak to.  As they both know me and my medical history, they may have had a different viewpoint.  Anyway, David went to the surgery to pick up a sample bottle and a form, both of which I'll have to complete and then David will kindly take them back to the surgery early tomorrow morning, to be sent to the lab.

After lunch, David went on one of his long walks and he's now watching the TV.  Andrew is back at work today and has been working hard, only coming downstairs to make and eat his lunch.  I've spent a lot of time today walking around our downstairs and will be attempting the cryptic crossword after posting on here.

Dian, you had dry but chilly weather on Sunday.  You went off to do some housework after posting in here.  I hope you're well.  Yesterday you had a wet morning but now cleared up a bit but think you'll have more rain soon.  You had another wet morning today but has dried up so put a small washing out.  Daughter is going to pop in after work today.  That'll be nice and enjoyable for you both!

Jean - Kaz Oscar and Mason came to see you on Sunday morning, the latter not happy as he is teething, poor little lad!  He is only 11 weeks old.  Apparently Oscar did the same.  The sun shone so went into the garden for a little while. The wind made you go in again.  David was asleep in the chair yet again.  You just wish you could help him more.  I think you do very well, really!  You're both still awaiting that blood test news of course.  You had a call from the doctors yesterday to have the covid booster up there.  This is after you'd booked it elsewhere.  Anyway you went up there, as it is easier.  You then enquired for his blood test and there is one on Thursday morning.  Nobody rang to tell you, of course.  I'm sorry to hear that David is not very good at all.

There is a horrible smell of manure all over Wellingborough.  David cannot smell anything so he is lucky that way.  Been to post Canadian parcel, put magnet on the contents and not fridge magnet....just hope it gets there.  It is overcast and dull today where you are.

Rita, heavy showers came on suddenly yesterday, got caught just putting dust bins out for collection today.  The day before it teemed rain all day.  You made a loaf of wholemeal bread and a sandwich cake just for something to do.  You had word to say that Flu jabs had to be booked through an online number, which you tried - didn't work, so you sent text message and got reply straight back with appointment for today but not at local surgery.  You'll need to get a taxi which will take 30 mins thro traffic otherwise two buses and waitings take nearly 2 hours.  No car these days.  You should have gone out for a walk between showers, but just couldn't be bothered to get three wheeler out on wet pavements.  Had brief word with daughter in Canada, she was in DIY shop getting odd bits for new kitchen being fitted, BLACK sink and (unusual) Draining board, - seems in Canada folk prefer two sinks, one wash, one drain etc, no draining Board.

My hospital appointment went well, thanks, apart from the journey there in Andrew's car, because of all the would-be petrol seekers queuing up at petrol stations and clogging up the roads.  The appointment itself ran nice and smoothly and the staff were lovely.   I'll be sent a letter in 4 to 5 weeks' time, giving the results of all the monitoring tests.  It's confirmed that I have glaucoma.  The journey home was less eventful as we got a taxi and the driver knew all the back doubles and short cuts to use!

I expect Pauline is enjoying her time away with Stephen and Rachel.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ritadonni
Ritadonni

Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:21 pm
Just popped in to say that I got taxi to clinic and had flu jab  then taxi to town and bought a few bits there then got bus home.   That's it for today.
Pauline
Pauline
Admin
https://nifty-fifties.forumotion.com

Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:06 pm
Hello Everyone Gmpump10   Hello Ladies.  

I got back late yesterday and we had to drive through the most awful downpour all the way from Rugby to Northampton and before we got home we went through town and had a meal at Merlin's Tandori, which was really enjoyable, but before meal arrived there was a power cut, so we all dined by candlelight, which made it that much more enjoyable.  

Got home and then had to sort out some items for Stephen and Rachel for them to use on items she will be selling with her new e business venture - there were a lot of cardboard Christmas bauble packs which will contain doggie treats and I had a double sided tape gun and loads of the tape to make these and also a bodkin and another large threader to get the ribbon through - so they are going to be busy making them.  I have got to sort through some suitable cotton and tweed material to make some doggie bandanas (which the collars slip through and so many owners love for their pets) to go in the gift boxes which are selling well on line and there is a lot to get ready,  as they have a stand booked for 18/19/20/21 Nov at the Birmingham NEC Festive Gift Fair.

Beth picked me up a bit later than expected on Thursday, after her queuing for a long time for fuel at our local Tesco fuel station and quite a detour to Rugby due to an accident and loads of roadworks (Rachel was held up with her work and Stephen had to wait at his warehouse for a couple of deliveries).  Rachel had a chilli prepared when we got there and we spent a relaxed evening watching a film. Friday Rachel and I caught up on the soaps while Stephen was doing some work and then three of us out for a pub meal and an easy evening catching up with Manhunt and watching the last one.  

We went to the Artisan Fair at Rockingham Castle on Saturday and that was held in the grounds, which Rachel was really impressed with and at a later date would like to see inside the castle. Bought some good local wine there and a couple of other items, chutney, spicy jam etc., but had to call into Aldis to get the cheese!!! for a buffet style meal that evening. In Aldis I actually found the spray metallic paints that I have run out of, so that was handy.

On Sunday we were off to the Telford Exhibition Centre for the PATS fair, where a lot of pet suppliers were exhibiting and we picked up some good ideas from there, loads of leaflets and contacts and after a long day we ended up with the gourmet meal of beans on toast cooked by Ralph Wink.

On Monday Rachel and I popped to a garden centre (and yes, I got some plants - nice coloured foliage ones for the winter) while Stephen was doing bits and pieces for his work and he collected the garden fork from his warehouse and on return dug a hole for me to plant in the forsythia cuttings I had been growing for them and we planted them along the nature and tree walk that runs opposite their house so they get a good view of the lovely yellow flowers in the Spring and then we had an easy evening.

Yesterday Rachel set about deciding what was going to be on her stand - with myself and Stephen helping with that and also catching up with her usual work.  I then got out in the garden while Stephen popped to the warehouse and started sorting out some planters for them.  It had been a lovely sunny morning with loads of their washing getting dry and then down came the rain and I had only finished half of them, so then back indoors and more decisions on the stall for the exhibition and then home through that awful weather and there was lots of flood water settling on the roads, but got here and they got safely home too.

Got the washing done this morning and been putting things away, plus sorting through a lot of the emails and so far have managed to get the colours and fonts on your posts.  Next I am going to read through your posts and then will come back and post again and answer you all.  Back later Ladies xx
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:38 pm
Barbara cannot think why you have to wait so long for  the results of your glacoma test.  Must have been awful through all that traffic queueing for petrol. I do not know if we have any here at the moment (petrol) because had filled up the week before.  As for them saying do not go to get petrol, well I do not believe a word they say. And all this stuff about things not being available for Xmas.

Today I went to the hairdressers, and she was told she had to ring the doctor about the results of her cholestrial test, but she hadn't even had it done!!!(spelling).  Do they know what they doing?

Dreaded blood test for David tomorrow, followed by bowls in the afternoon.  It is quite cold here with the wind, may put the heating on later.

Pauline you certainly had a busy weekend.

Rita what a performance to get the flu jab, but you had an outing afterwards.  Having ours  on Saturday (booster).

Dian nice to see daughter.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:11 pm
Hello Everyone F1wevx27Pauline that was a really nice time with family. Laughed at you buying more plants but it is so hard to resist. Can see you being busy with the making of gifts for dogs......sounds good. Nice you enjoyed a nice meal out on the way home .You also enjoyed a nice outing to the Artisan fair

Jean see you got your hair done Hope all goes well with David for his blood test tomorrow and you enjoy the bowls

Rita that was some journey you had to make for the flu jag. Good though you did get to town and bought some items

Barbara that was a big help with Andrew driving you to the hospital even though you had to take taxi home. That was good all your tests went well.Pity you could not get talking to your own Doctors whom all knew your history. Health service in a right muddle .Goodnesss knows when it will get back to normal if ever.

Enjoyed my day at the club.Got an appointment for the hospital on Monday morning Not looking forward to it Sad .....Have a good day ladies
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:51 pm
Hello Everyone Tvnskd11    Back again and going to read through your posts now and catch up with what has been happening with you.

Jean, I see you managed to get to bowls on Thursday and enjoy that, which is a break for you away from the worries for a while.  I see that turned out to be an abscess that Andrew had and not much help for him offered - so difficult to get onto an NHS dental practice these days, but something he has to face getting dealt with, because it will return again - feel really sorry for him and the pain that can cause and see you have had bother booking for several things.  I am so glad that you took action when you found you and David were in that long queue for the flu jabs and got dealt with quickly - good for you.  Nothing from my surgery about flu or covid jabs, but got a phone review from the surgery by phone on Friday and he asked me to arrange for the usual blood pressure check there (as due to the pandemic that hadn't been carried out since 2019), so will pop in there next week and see about an appointment.  See you got a visit from Kaz with the children on Sunday and Mason is already teething - about the same time that Oscar started, so he wasn't that happy.  I see you are still waiting for the blood tests for David and know you are so worried about him at the moment, as he isn't at all well.  Just read that you can now have the covid jab at the surgery after you arranging to get this elsewhere and the blood test is now available for David tomorrow, so that is something sorted for you both.  I haven't caught up with Endeavour yet - still got that to watch among the recorded programmes.  I see you went to post the parcel for Canada yesterday and noticed the smell of the manure spreading on the air.  Haven't noticed that yet here as I arrived home in all of that rain yesterday and reckon it just might have suppressed it here today - that is something we have to put up with every year, being surrounded by farmland in Northants.  I do hope that David gets some good treatment soon and his health improves, because I know how very worried you are about him - hugs to you xx  Just seen your post from today and good to know that you had filled up with petrol last week - so if there isn't a shortage of drivers for the tankers (and knowing that Shell and BP have their own drivers) why are the army tanker drivers being trained to deliver their fuel to the pumps??   You just don't know what to believe at the moment.  Thankfully you both have had your flu jabs and getting the booster vaccine on Saturday.  Best wishes to David for tomorrow and hope you can relax at your bowls tomorrow afternoon.  That was a good one, that your hairdresser told you about getting the results of the test she hadn't taken  Rolling Eyes .

Barbara, I see that David has been doing the usual things - essential shopping, walks, games at the terrain, garden work and helping you with some walking outside.  Andrew working hard as usual, including a meeting in London for the entire company to meet the boss from Germany.  I see your back was a bit better, but you were being careful how you moved because of it and had been approved for physio with regard to your knees, but probably thought you would have to wait a long while for that and you were considering going private.  In the meantime you have been doing your best to exercise walking carefully indoors and busy as usual with your computer work and the competitions.  I see your weather has been a bit hit and miss over the weekend and in Rugby it was fairly nice weather (bit cooler on Sunday going further north to Shropshire), but fairly good until that awful weather yesterday afternoon and all through the evening and into the night. That turned out to be a harrowing day for you and a long one going to the hospital with David for your glaucoma tests with Andrew managing to take you there, but you both having to get a taxi back and with both journeys have to cope with the fuel queues and heavy traffic.  A long wait for the results for you from the tests and now another sample required by a locum from the surgery so David has to pick up the form, etc., from the surgery (again) and get that back for the same procedure all over again, because you couldn't speak to your usual doctors.  You must be so fed up with all of that.  I have just had a break from here to lodge a complaint about building on that small natural area near here, which you kindly signed the petition for on Facebook, for me.

Dian I see you enjoyed that day out with your daughter on Thursday and went to several interesting stores, including The Range and Dunelm with breaks for lunch and cuppas.  The same as Rita has said, both of those stores we do have, but difficult to get too with at least two bus journeys away from me, so if we do wish to do any shopping from them, it is a bit diffficult to get any large items home.  Like you it is nice to visit them when I go with Rachel to the ones at Rugby in the retail parks (we did avoid them this time  Wink).   I see you have been catching up with your housework over the weekend and I did manage to leave downstairs tidy before I went away and Stephen took a couple of items away for me last evening to take them to their recycling centre - one metal legged stool and an old small wooden table with long legs, that I will never get around to dealing with - so more room created as they have been standing in the upstairs hall.  I see you got plenty of rain starting for you on Monday - at least I had a good weekend away with the weather, until that awful downpour yesterday.  My baskets look a bit wrecked and the pansies a bit sorry for themselves at the moment, but reckon they needed the rain.  I see the rain cleared up yesterday morning for you and you were hoping to get some washing dry and looking forward to your daughter calling in after work and hope today has started well for you.  Just caught up with your post from today and can picture you laughing aboud me buying more plants and it was Rachel who resisted this time.  Yes going to be busy trying to get some of those bandanas created, but got to sort out the material and see what I have that is suitable.  Glad you enjoyed the time at the club today and do hope all goes well for you with the hospital appointment on Monday and know you aren't looking forward to that.

Rita, I understand what you have said to Jean - very hard for her at the moment, but you know she will keep going despite all of the worry and can understand what you went through when you had to keep quiet about how ill your husband was, because he didn't want the rest of the family to be told too early, but such a difficult situation for you.  Same for me Rita with regard to The Range, Dunelm, etc., too far go go with a couple of bus journeys there and back and not convenient if you want to buy any large items.  That must look so messy with all of the farm machinery being transported along the road where you live and you have been clearing all of the straw that has been blowing your way.  I see you have been cooking and baking again, but a bit difficult to resist and put off the diet - don't think I have lost any weight over the weekend away and the meals consumed, plus the goodies.  Unusual the different designs for kitchens in different countries.  Wren recently opened up their first showroom in America and that has impressed a lot of people, including the fact that their kitchens are completely manufactured by them at their own plants - creating jobs in The States and a further 6 stores are in the planning out there.  What a performance you had today paying out for those taxi fares to get the flu jab - you should not have had to go through that performance and reckon you must be worn out now.  I still have heard nothing about the flu or covid booster, except for a letter from Boots re the flu jab and when I book the blood pressure check next week I think I might enquire as to whether it will be better for me to get it done at Boots.  Seeing as the booster jabs for covid are supposed to be the pfizer or moderna, but like me, the first two jabs were the AZ one, then we are advised to get the same one for the booster.

I think I have caught up with you all and enjoyed reading your posts and now must away and get some more work done.  It looked so dull and grey a while ago and I thought we might be due some more rain, but sun in out again, although still too damp to tackle any outdoor work yet.  Enjoy the rest of the afternoon and the evening all of you.

I forgot to mention that while I was in Rugby, Rachel was checking air fares for a 4 day trip away in a couple of weeks which had been planned for her sister's 40th, with Nicky, their Mum and Beth, but they had risen way above what they wanted to pay, so they cancelled the apartment and and have put that off for a while and I suggested that perhaps we look to see what the air fares were like for our suggested trip next March to Nerja.  Well they were up from a few weeks back, but still reasonable and knowing that Stephen and Rachel were using their spare money to get Rachel's e business off of the ground and the cost of the exhibition, I had some money that was going to be switched to savings and insisted that I use that to pay for our air fares at the moment, because leaving it until next year, then they are only going to rise steeply, so we got that done and our flights are now booked for Friday 4th March from Luton at 15.50 and they can pick me up on the way down from Rugby and then we fly back on Thursday 10th at 21.30 arriving back about midnight and will get almost 6 full days there, instead of the 5 first planned.  I know they are going to try and give me that money back, but have got in first this time and in any case, they are going to pay for the hire of a car while we are out there, so we can get to different places. 
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:02 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We're having much better weather here today, with some lovely sunshine and no rain, although it's getting colder now.

David did the essential shopping early this morning and then took my sample to the surgery early enough so that it could be collected by a courier and taken to our local hospital. He then went to the terrain to play in the club session. He won all of his games today and so well done to him. After lunch, David accompanied me to a local pharmacy where I had my flu jab. He'd already had his. I could've had is done at the surgery but it's chaos there at the moment, and it reminds me of Fawlty Towers! David is now watching the TV. Andrew is working hard upstairs in our office and only came downstairs to make and eat his lunch.

Pauline, it's good to see you back in here and I'm glad you enjoyed the time with Stephen and Rachel.

I'm sending my love to everyone, and thank you for all your messages, but will call it a day for now as I'm feeling quite exhausted by the visit to the pharmacy to have my flu jab. It isn't far from here but there's a path over a railway bridge to walk over and although the hill doesn't usually bother me, I found it quite tough going today, even though I had David's helpful arm assisting me. It's good to be walking as much as possible, though, and at least the weather stayed dry.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ritadonni
Ritadonni

Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:59 pm
I've just looked in here. Not been up long as felt so tired had to go to bed this afternoon so did not get up until 8 pm.  I am like so many others living alone, just got to make the best of it and be thankful to be warm and secure, so many are not.  The news is on TV, so terrible that young girl  murdered.  So many homeless.

I should go to Sainsburys on the little bus tomorrow, I still have veg in fridge from last week.

Barbara  when I last went for Glaucoma  tests, it was several weeks before they sent results. I did not see a Doctor that time as it seems now if they do not detect  anything unusual there is no need to see a Doctor, just continue with eye drops.  I hope you soon get  some results from various tests. That would be a struggle for you getting to see a Doctor,  seems such a muddle everywhere.

Jean, I am glad you get out to the bowls, makes a break for you.

Dian,  I hope you are feeling ok and get out and about. Will your daughter take you to your hospital appointment on Monday?

This  day has just gone by, I have no energy, done nothing, not been out of door, so can't tell if it's been rain or shine.

Pauline, it would do you good to have company of Rachel  and Stephen and  a happy change  from routine.

Byee
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:07 am
You just cannot make it up, David went up for his blood test this morning and they were not going to do the urgent one, just the one about his blood thinners.  It was marked urgent as well and the nurse could not believe it either.  We did see his idiot, who said he was living the dream. some dream.  Apparently there are doctors away sick, do not know which ones. so if we had  not phoned up he would still be waiting.

it is raining here and Coco did not want to go out .......she got dragged a short way, as I have to leave her again this afternoon for bowls.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:13 pm
Hello Everyone Ckplib33Pauline that is a nice break you have to look forward to next year .I think we all need a nice break somewhere.

Rita hope your shopping trip went well with no problems. Yes the news is so depressing and what that rat did to that girl is really horrendous. He does not deserve to live.

Jean good David did get the right blood taken. Poor Coco having her walk in the rain (poor you too) I had a dog who would not go out in the rain. She used to hide and when she was made to go out would just stand and glare at you .

Barbara really do hope you start to feel a lot better  soon but good you are getting lots of tests. Know how you feel when walking is a problem .Well done David in winning all his games .That is good you have now got your flu jag .Andrew working hard as ever upstairs .

Wild wet day so glad got my washing out on Tues .Daughter taking me to hospital tomorrow for test for covis  Son in law will take me on Monday as daughter is working. Watching news is so depressing........all doom and gloom Crying or Very sad
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:14 pm
Hello Everyone Kcavkd10   Hello Ladies.

A wet, grey, horrible day here and lots more digging up going on outside, so I am catching up indoors and with the washing done I suppose I had better tackle the ironing again and then sort out the finances - what got spent over the weekend away and what account it should come from, so plenty to do indoors.  Also there is a shopping list that needs doing as I am out of a few grocery items.  I have noticed that we are on page 41, which is unusual, because when we have reached page 40 before, it has changed to a new section (notice we have 2 previous sections under the "Hello Everyone" thread and they have finished on page 40).  By the way, you can always click back to them and see the old posts.

Barbara I see you got better weather yesterday, but don't know what you are getting today, as we have the rain back again.  David took the sample early to the surgery after doing the essential shopping and then went to the terrain where he won all of his games and then after that went with you to the pharmacy to get your flu jab - as your surgery is chaotic.  He has already had his.  Andrew working hard as usual and hope the purchase of the flat is going through smoothly for him.  

Rita I see you were feeling tired yesterday and rested, but probably just as well to have an easy day as you are going to Sainsbury's today and hope you get all you need during that trip.  Agree with you, that the news is so depressing and that murder by the police officer from the Diplomatic Protection unit, was awful.  I quite agree with a lot of people that Cressida Dicks should now resign, because the handling of the previous complaints against that officer had obviously been ignored and the way the women were treated, who formed the protest on Clapham Common, near where Sarah Everard was abducted from, was unecessary. Everyone warned to stay away and considering the Duchess of Cambridge had earlier visited there and Dame Dicks said her visit was legal, why suddenly did it became illegal for all of the other women attending the vigil on the Saturday night? Considering Clapham Common is common land, there was nothing illegal in that vigil - just made the police feel so ashamed and I can understand all decent police officers feel so let down by what has happened.  That has had my growl about that.  Yes we are lucky those of us that have a decent roof over our head and can keep warm, although today I wish it had continued to dry up after the rain on Tuesday night, like it did yesterday, so I could have done some garden work.  Yes it did make a change to be with Stephen and Rachel and see Ralph and Beth again, but it was certainly a busy weekend and have come home for a rest and routine  Wink.  

Jean, more mix ups for David and only one blood test listed for him.  Did they do the more urgent one in the end?  I see that Coco wasn't happy to be out for a walk today - at one point it was so windy here too.  Hope you have managed to enjoy your bowls this afternoon.

Dian, yes glad we got those air fares sorted for next March and at least that is one thing out of the way.  See you have a wild wet day your way and like I mentioned to Jean above, at one point it was very windy here.  Hope the Covid test goes well for you tomorrow and your daughter is taking you to that, then your son-in-law is taking you on Monday for the other hospital test and hope you get some quick and good results from that one.

Well ladies, I must away now and think the finances need sorting first and then go upstairs to see to that ironing.  Hope the rest of the day goes okay for all of you.
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:09 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We had some early rain this morning but it's been dry ever since, and also somewhat chilly.

David did the essential shopping early this morning. Later on, he accompanied me on a walk to our local shops, to enable me to collect a prescription from a pharmacy. Unfortunately, only half the prescription was ready and so I said we'd collect it in its entirety tomorrow afternoon. In fact, David will collect it on his way home from the Petanque club session. I didn't see today's journey as a wasted one, though, as it gave me an opportunity to have a longer walk with David. I'm trying to walk a bit further each day. There was rain forecast for the time we were away from home but luckily for us, it didn't arrive! I phoned the GP surgery this afternoon to ask if my test results were back from the hospital but was told that the surgery don't have them yet. I also told the receptionist that I don't need them to give me my flu jab, as I've already had it. Andrew is busy once again, working upstairs in our office, only coming downstairs to make and eat his lunch.

Rita, you looked in here quite late yesterday. Not been up long as felt so tired had to go to bed this afternoon so did not get up until 8 pm. You know that you're like so many others living alone, just got to make the best of it and be thankful to be warm and secure, so many are not. The homeless people need a lot of help but they're not getting it, sadly. You were watching he news on TV, so terrible that young girl murdered. It certainly was a terrible thing that happened to her, and by a serving police officer too. He tricked her into getting into his car and his behaviour was utterly despicable. I'm glad he's been given a whole of life sentence.

You're intending to go to Sainsburys on the little bus tomorrow, but still have veg in fridge from last week.

It's comforting to me, what you said about you only get to see a doctor if the tests detect anything unusual. 4 to 5 weeks does seem a long time to wait for a letter giving the results, though.

Jean - David went up for his blood test this morning and they weren't going to do the urgent one, just the one about his blood thinners. It was marked urgent as well and the nurse could not believe it either. You did see his idiot, who said he was living the dream. some dream. Apparently there are doctors away sick, don't know which ones. so if you hadn't phoned up he would still be waiting. It seems there's chaos everywhere you look, especially in our good old NHS!

It's raining round your way and Coco didn't want to go out .......she got dragged a short way, as you have to leave her again this afternoon for bowls. I expect you enjoyed the session and it'll have given you something to think about besides problems with our NHS!

Dian, you're having a wild wet day so glad got your washing out on Tues. Daughter taking you to hospital tomorrow for test for covid. Son in law will take you on Monday as daughter is working. I hope that all goes well for you. I couldn't agree more that watching news is so depressing........all doom and gloom.

Pauline, you're having a wet, grey, horrible day and lots more digging up going on outside, so you're catching up indoors and with the washing done you suppose you'd better tackle the ironing again and then sort out the finances - what got spent over the weekend away and what account it should come from, so plenty to do indoors. Also there is a shopping list that needs doing as you're out of a few grocery items. You've noticed that we are on page 41, which is unusual, because when we've reached page 40 before, it's changed to a new section (notice we have 2 previous sections under the "Hello Everyone" thread and they have finished on page 40). By the way, we can always click back to them and see the old posts.

The purchase of Andrew's flat is indeed going through smoothly for him. In fact, he keeps being deluged with paperwork on all different aspects of the purchase. He manages to keep on top of it all, which is good.

I agree with you that there was such a lot wrong with the way the police handled the misdemeanours of their colleague. If they'd done their jobs properly in the first place, Sarah Everard wouldn't have died, nor been subjected to everything else he did to her. Then it was dreadful what happened at the poor lass's vigil. If only they hadn't stopped the vigil going ahead legally and then there wouldn't have been all that trouble for the people who just wanted to honour Sarah Everard.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:09 pm
Just lost a post.....had text from docs to say they wanted David to have another blood test. so I went up there to collect form, to be told he could not have one unless it was marked urgent and I told her he had one marked urgent which would still be waiting if I had not phoned up.   Eventually she did it.  Do not need this, the appointment, or for me to see the duty doctor.  She did it....I do not need all this and worn out now.
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:59 pm
Hello Everyone Hv8euv10    Still indoors because the weather has been so changeable today, some sun, plenty of wind and rain on and off, so again no outdoor work and looks like that for quite a while.  Yesterday I never did get the ironing started, but did sort out the finances and found another job that none of us like - looked at my nice new oven and decided that it needed cleaning and got it done, so ironing is going to be done after this posting.  This morning I spent a lot of time on line trying to decide where to order the light bulbs to stock for the new kitchen spotlight, also some padded heel grips and a couple of other things, but have given up on that for a while - just got fed up with trying to make decisions and will leave that for when I have more time another day.

Such odd weather patterns we have had this year and my one and only surviving chrysanth is covered in flower buds, the evening primrose is now starting to flower, alstromerias and roses still blooming and of course, the grass is still growing and no suitable weather to cut that in, so am feeling a bit frustrated about all of that.  I must do some shopping either tomorrow or on Sunday, because on Monday I have to take those Minutes at the meeting and now have only just been told that directly after that I have a Residents meeting on Monday evening, straight after I get back from the club - nothing timed right for me.

Dian I do hope the visit for the Covid test went well today.  Another reason Rachel put off sorting the trip away for her sister Nicky's 40th, was because Nicky's oldest son has now got covid - he is only 15, so no jab for him yet and that meant also they had to close down her meal delivery business this week.

Rita also hope your trip to Sainsbury's went well for you.

Barbara, I do hope you have managed to get the remainder of items on your prescription and you don't have to wait too long for your test results, plus you are feeling okay after the flu jab. I see you feel the same as me about the case of Sarah Everard (and the other young woman that has just been murdered), that more certainly needs to be done about the protection of women going about their daily lives and see now that plain clothes detectives should be questioned about their warrant cards and they are not supposed to arrest anyone, without uniform being with them - well suppose that is one step in the right direction, but still far more needs to be done.  It was mentioned this morning on t v, that how can parents teach their children to trust the police.

Jean, that surgery of yours would drive me mad - what a mess they get in and you must feel exhausted after all of that.  By the way, I did catch up with Endeavour and the main storyline of those odd murders did finish, but the fact is that Thursday's son's disappearance has still got to be solved.  I see that Morse has accepted the 4 week treatment for his gradual heavy consumption of alcohol and gradually they are turning him into the older, heavy drinking, cynical Morse.  That is why Colin Dexter pursued that storyline and killed Morse off , because Dexter himself suffered from type 2 diabetes (like his Morse character) and when people complained about Morse's death, he did ask how long people thought that someone with diabetes could abuse their body like that and get away with it - lesson to be learned with the life of Morse.

Away I must go to the ironing board now and hope all of you can enjoy the rest of the afternoon and this evening.

Last edited by Pauline on Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum