Nifty Fifties Plus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Pauline
Pauline
Admin
https://nifty-fifties.forumotion.com

Hello Everyone - Page 40 Empty Re: Hello Everyone

Tue May 03, 2022 9:23 am
Hello Everyone - Page 40 Kasyx110    Good Morning Ladies.  Up early as I was too tired to get the household waste black bin out last evening, so got it out there this morning before 7.30 (that is when they are supposed to start collecting), but it is now 8.45 and no appearance yet.

Jean, same again this morning, dull, dark and chilly.  I expect you enjoyed that visit from Barry yesterday and both had a good chat and catching up.  Glad to read you enjoyed the dinner with James and suppose that eventually Coco and the puppy will get used to one another.  Good to know you are getting back to a happier life again.  I did watch Banished the first time, but not watching again, because I have enough to catch up on with Game of Thrones and after that I have the second series of a Discovery of Witches DVD to watch.

Dian, yes how different life is for us women since the days of the Catherine Cookson stories which, as you say, are always enjoyable to read or watch the t v films.  No not yet, the craft room is still in progress, but hope to get more sorted today to take over with me this evening to give to the lady who now runs the Residents' Council.  I see it was chilly for you on Monday and you were really pleased that you had got so much accomplished in the garden on Sunday.

Barbara, yesterday I see you got out for a walk while the weather was reasonable and then the rain arrived later in the day and went on and on.  The usual things for you yesterday and when you were posting, David was still at the terrain and had hoped that other members turned up.  I see that you too like the Catherine Cookson stories.  

Rita, yes very frustrating when we can't get on with the garden work that was planned, but got through quite a lot yesterday.  Trouble is that tomorrow, when I can hopefully get going again out there, before I can continue with the sorting out, there is the usual weeding, dead heading, grass mowing, etc., general maintenance of what has already been done, before I can get on with the other jobs that are waiting.  Very true, that although you, Jean and myself aren't that far apart, the weather does vary.  You too like the Catherine Cookson novels.  I did read one of hers that was completed after her death, but it really wasn't as good as her original ones, because that one was set in London and nowhere near as good as her original ones set in the North where she grew up. Glad you enjoyed the visit from Sue when she came to see you on Sunday to have dinner with you and after that you both went on the woodland walk, an area that you hadn't visited for quite a while and how annoying to see all those plastic bags of dog poo dumped - why can't people take another carrier with them and take them home???   I expect Jackie enjoyed that chat with you and Sue on the computer.  That is such an awful illness, Motor Neurone, which she suffers from and what a determined and brave lady to still be coping with her life all those years on from that diagnosis of months to live.  We should certainly count our blessings.

Well I can say that Season 7 I have finished (that one was shorter with only 4 discs), but there was a separate disc with that - an animated version of the storyline of the original ruling family (who had the dragons) and how, having lost their own wonderful kingdom, through earthquakes and natural disasters, etc., they set out to take over the other 7 kingdoms  and I have got that on pause at the moment while I am posting this.  I will see that through then off to the craftroom clearance and now only have the last Season 8 to watch (have waited long enough to see the entire story) and actually enjoyed watching it this way, because I think the gaps in between waiting for the following series all the way through (whether you paid to watch it on Sky Atlantic or bought the DVDs), you did tend to forget some parts as there were so many storylines going on about the 7 ruling families.

Just heard the recycling team emptying the bins, so can get that back in now.  Enjoy your day ladies.
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Tue May 03, 2022 9:30 am
P.S I see that when I posted last evening I was on Page 39 and now this morning have started on Page 40, so I suppose that when we have completed this page we will be given a new section to start again from Page 1, but if we ever need to, we can always look at the older sectons that are listed with the same heading.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Tue May 03, 2022 12:15 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 40 Ckplib38Pauline that was certainly a lot of hard work you got finished in the garden .Good you managed to get your bin out this morning so do hope they collect it. Good catching up on Game of thrones as well as the craft room. Hope you get more items away from your craft room

Barbara David did the essential shopping .You did one set of exercises then you and David went for your walk .When you got back you tackled the cryptic crossword Hope David did get a game at the terrain and do hope he won them .You watched snooker on the tv also worked on the computer

Jean that was nice to have a chat with Barry. Hope you got out today with Coco

Rita that was nice getting out for a walk with your niece as nice to have company. When you got home your niece managed to get her friend on line to chat too. Such  a horrible illness for her friend but amazing she has survived for so long. One tough lady That was a lovely day you had.

Just got a phone call from daughter.She will pick me up after lunch time to visit some shops so looking forward to that.Have a good day ladies
Ritadonni
Ritadonni

Tue May 03, 2022 7:01 pm
I've just got up from bed. No energy at all today, of course I have done basic housework, washed smalls, vac floor etc but so very tired had to go back to bed and slept until  6 p.m. Yesterday I enjoyed walking using my walking sticks, but today my hands and arms ache so much, but still it was good to walk about.   Quiet day, will watch t v tonight.  I hope gardener from Age Concern will come tomorrow for an hour.
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Wed May 04, 2022 1:41 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 40 Hlvkp210   Well as you can see, rain again through the night and continued on this morning, but has eased now and a bit of sun came through, but don't think that is the end of the wet weather as there is still plenty of cloud around.  What was annoying for me is that due to knowing there was that meeting last evening, I continued on with the craft room clearance to give a lot of items to the community association on another estate, but quite late in the day it was cancelled.  If I had known it wasn't going to take place, then yesterday I would have got on with the garden and sorted out the branches that had been cut up ready for burning as it was a calm day, but of course, can't do that today with the rain, so onwards with the items being cleared from the craft room and they will go to some of the charity shops instead. Seeing as there is quite a bit of jewellery involved, think I might try the Air Ambulance shop (which is a bit of a boutique) in the Abington area of Northampton.  They do such a good job and in fact were trying to attract members in our local shopping centre last week.

As far as the Residents Council is concerned I feel it is becoming a waste of time, nothing that is reported is being dealt with by local council reps (that is if they bother to attend or the police either) so don't think I will waste my time there any longer and any complaints I have will be reported straight to our local councillors - make sure they start doing the jobs they are supposed to do and demanding answers from them and I won't accept being ignored.  They might be able to get out of attending meetings (which they often do), but I can keep on emailing them until I do get some action on any complaints. We are stuck with them here, because we have no elections at the moment in my area.

Anyway with regard to the cancellation of the meeting, one good thing came out of it, which was an easier evening at home and I have finished watching Series 8 of Game of Thrones.  Some surprises at the ending (which I have always avoided hearing about) and I know a lot of the people who watched this were disappointed with the ending, but I never guess who would be named as King, but did work out a lot of it as to who would survive.

Dian, thanks for the emails again - loved the medley of music conducted by John Williams - great to listen to all of those Oscar winning themes. Yes my household bin did get collected.  Trouble I have is that I do so much recycling and composting, that it takes weeks for me to get it half full, but yesterday it was just over half full so off it went.   Hope you enjoyed the trip out with your daughter to look at some shops yesterday.

Rita, it really doesn't matter what time you decide to sleep if you feel you need it and after doing some of the housework you went to bed for a while.  I can understand your arms being full of aches and pains after the walk out with Sue on Sunday, using the two sticks.  I do hope that gardener from Age UK finally arrives today and gets some clearance done for you, because they certainly do charge enough for an hour's work.

Hope yeterday went okay for you Jean and Barbara.

I must away now ladies and get sorting in the craftroom again.  Hope the day goes well for all of you.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Wed May 04, 2022 2:16 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 40 Gtfday13Pauline pity it has rained again and annoying you could not get your items away as planned .I am sure the air ambulance shop will appreciate all the items .Great you have now finished the Game of Thrones .I have never watched it .I cannot blame you feeling so let down by your councillors in fact so annoying what they do get away with. Sorry you cannot get anything burned today due to the weather.

Rita sorry to hear your arms are so painful .Hope they have improved today .Do hope the gardener did turn up and did the work you wanted done

Jean do hope your having a good day with Coco

Barbara also wishing you and David a pleasant day with no problems.

Just in from Wed club and did not win anything Shocked It had been raining during the night but so far quite pleasant .Enjoyed my  afternoon out so got shopping up to date as daughter off with friends up north for a short break Hope the weather stays good for them.Yesterday was in Mackays shop as they had a sale and  looked at pyjamas. I had picked up a top as was looking for bottom part then got distracted and then decided did not really need anything.So out I came and was halfway up the shopping mall when I looked in my trolley and was horrified that I still had pyjama top in the trolley.Well I was waiting on getting lifted but I did scoot back with it and put it back and nobody had noticed. phew !!!!!
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Wed May 04, 2022 4:34 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

I’m sorry I didn’t get online yesterday.  I was going to come in here in the afternoon but had a physio appointment at 2.30pm and felt absolutely shattered afterwards.  The appointment went well but the joint manipulation on my knees was very painful and made me feel really tired for the rest of the day.  I shouldn't complain as I changed to this physio because the NHS no longer offers joint manipulation!

Today, we had some early rain which didn’t last very long.  More rain was forecast for this afternoon but it hasn’t appeared yet.  It’s a shame in a way, as the gardens do need some rain but at least it’s given us a nice dry day.  In fact, we've just had a bit of late sun.  Maybe we'll get some more.

David did the essential shopping early this morning and then he went to play Petanque at the terrain.  He won a doubles league match and won one of his singles league matches but lost the other one.  Since coming home, he’s watched some horse racing on the TV.  I did one set of my physio exercises after breakfast and have worked at my computer.  After lunch, I watched a TV programme that I'd missed yesterday.  I’ve still to tackle the cryptic crossword and do the second set of my exercises.

I've read all your posts and wish everyone well but will have to finish for now, unfortunately.

Stay safe and well!

Lots of love from me to all!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Thu May 05, 2022 9:43 am
Hello Everyone - Page 40 Bjoldb10   Hello Ladies.  This morning has started off nice and sunny, but still so cold and my heating is on for a while.  A least the rain has dried up that we had most of yesterday and the night before.  I have to collect the prescription today, do some shopping and then walk back on a different route to pass the surgery, call in there and enquire if the Spring boosters will be given there soon, as it is difficult for me to get to the place where these are being given at the moment and I also need to make an appointment to see the doctor - got to do something more about this arthritis.

Yesterday caught up with recorded t v while I was sorting a lot of the jewellery and have cleared one large display frame (that had been standing in my second bedroom) and can now get rid of that.  Also a lot of the bracelets and necklaces can go to the charity shops.

Dian I can say that Game of Thrones isn't for everyone -  a lot of bad language, sex scenes, violent torture and battle scenes, but probably life was like that during the Dark Ages and this was set in mythical times, with magic, witches, giants, dwarfs, demons and especially the dragons and once you start watching this you do get hooked, also bearing in mind at the start there was Sean Bean and Mark Addy playing the parts of the two main characters at that time and although it was made by HBO (an American Company) nearly all of the cast and crew were British, except for Peter Dinklage (American) and was filmed in Belfast and around Northern Ireland, plus the Stark family home (Winterfell), Doune Castle in Scotland was used for that.  Not pleasant weather for you, but you still got to the Wednesday club and got your shopping up-to-date with your daughter on Tuesday (as she is off to see friends further North).  Phew!!! at least you weren't arrested for shoplifting, after finding that pyjama top still in your trolley and scooting back to put it back in the sale, what a fright when you realised you still had that when you had left the shop.  Thank you for the further emails too.

Barbara, you had a physio appointment on Tuesday so after all of that exercise you were worn out and didn't get to post.  Hope you felt better yesterday after all of that manipulation. See you had slight rain yesterday, but not enough for the garden which needed it and can say that my garden does look better for all of that we had here. David got to the terrain yesterday after the shopping and did quite well with his games and you did your exercises and the usual computer work and intended to tackle the cryptic crssword and do your second lot of exercises.

Hope things went well for you Jean and Rita and that all of you enjoy today.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Thu May 05, 2022 10:57 am
Hello Everyone - Page 40 Dugjmr20Pauline hope you get an appointment for your Doctor as see your arthritis really is playing up now also do hope you get a suitable app. for your booster too.Yes still quite chilly here

Barbara hope you and David are having a good day with no problems. Hope you still have the sun too

Jean hope your having a good day with coco

Rita do hope you get out to Sainsbury today

Dry but chilly morning.Daughter coming after lunch to take me for the voting.To be honest there is not one I want to vote for but I will vote
Daughter off for another break with her friends so no outing with her tomorrow but her daughter will pop in tomorrow and we will go out for a snack so look forward to that.Have a good day ladies
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Thu May 05, 2022 3:43 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We’ve had wall to wall sunshine all day today so far and it’s gorgeous!  It’s lovely and warm too with just a gentle breeze.

David did the essential shopping early this morning.  Afterwards he went to vote in our local elections, including, for the first time, to vote for a Mayor of Croydon.  I'd already voted as I now have a postal vote.  He then went to have his hair cut and he looks very smart.  After lunch, he went to the terrain to have a practice.  No other club members were there but today isn’t a club session day and David seems to be the only one to go there on other days, which is a shame.  After breakfast, I did the first set of my exercises and I’ve tackled the cryptic crossword but haven’t done very well so far.  I shall have another go at it when I’ve finished online.  I’ll also do the second set of exercises.  I’m also working at my computer.  I’ve been waiting in for a parcel delivery and have read on the “tracker” that delivery is scheduled for between 1700 and 1900 today!  I wish I’d known earlier as I could’ve gone out for a walk some time during the day!

Pauline, this morning started off nice and sunny, but still so cold and your heating was on for a while.  A least the rain has dried up that you had most of yesterday and the night before.  You have to collect the prescription today, do some shopping and then walk back on a different route to pass the surgery, call in there and enquire if the Spring boosters will be given there soon, as it is difficult for you to get to the place where these are being given at the moment and you also need to make an appointment to see the doctor - got to do something more about this arthritis.  I'm sorry to hear that it's playing up again, Pauline.  I know exactly what that's like and I hope the doctor can do something to help you.

Yesterday caught up with recorded t v while you were sorting a lot of the jewellery and have cleared one large display frame (that had been standing in your second bedroom) and can now get rid of that.  Also a lot of the bracelets and necklaces can go to the charity shops.

I was feeling a bit better yesterday, thanks, after having the painful joint manipulation by the physiotherapist although I'm still a bit sore.  I can't complain, though, as it must be doing me some good!

Dian, you had a dry but chilly morning.  Daughter coming after lunch to take you for the voting.  To be honest there is not one you want to vote for but you will vote.

Daughter off for another break with her friends so no outing with her tomorrow but her daughter will pop in tomorrow and we will go out for a snack so look forward to that.

I hope that Jean and Rita are having good days.

Stay safe and well, everyone!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ritadonni
Ritadonni

Thu May 05, 2022 4:16 pm
I give in give up. Just posted then it said someone posting at same time and mine has disappeared.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Fri May 06, 2022 11:57 am
Hello Everyone - Page 40 Fvlifi37 Pauline hope you managed to get an appointment for your booster and maybe got fixed up for your arthritis as it is getting so painful. Just know you will be busy as a bee

Jean hope your having a good day and coco is keeping fine

Rita just know how you feel when we loose a post grrrrrrrrrrr

Barbara David did his essential shopping then went to vote for a Mayor of Croyden..Then he got his haircut and looked smart. After lunch he visited the terrain but there was no members there. After breakfast you did one set of exercises and tackled the cryptic crossword but will do more of it later.You will do more exercises and work on the computer. Do hope your parcel arrived

I
woke up to a wet morning but has calmed down.Just waiting on granddaughter as we are going out for lunch before she goes and does some shopping
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Fri May 06, 2022 1:22 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 40 Oie_gl68    Got back from shopping yesterday after collecting the prescription and on the way home I called into the surgery, only to find out that a new system had started with regard to booking appointments.  Apparently we now have to phone in at 8 in the morning and if there is an appointment available, then it will be on that day.  

Once home and had put the shopping away, I started on a marathon of batch cooking - had got the stewing steak and chicken breasts out from freezer that I bought last week and cooked the beef with onions with one of the Guinness cook in flavourings, plus a dash of real Guinness (needless to say with that bottle opened I did pour myself a small glass - good for the iron intake Rolling Eyes).  Then tackled the chicken breasts and did two separate casseroles - one Coq au vin and one Chicken chasseur, using diced veg, fresh peppers and onions and this morning they are cooled off and in tubs for the freezer - enough of the beef to make a pie for 4 and there are at least four large helpings from each of the casseroles.  They will do for future family visits.  I also bought some sausages (reduced in Tescos) and they are in the slow cooker this morning with onions, diced veg and peppers, as the lot I did the other week have been used up, so more individual meals ready for me, including one for this evening.

So this morning I tried phoning the surgery at 8 and on the third attempt got through and booked in for 9.50  - back from there and saw one of the trainee GPs (glad to know there are still some people that want to be GPs) and he has ordered some blood tests for me - they will be taken at the surgery on Monday morning before I go to the club and then we will see what they decide I need treatment for.  Since getting back I have printed off the bank statements and they all tally with the accounts I have kept, so those and a few other things have to be filed to keep on top of the paperwork.  Emails and surveys also dealt with.

Dian it is a nice sunny day so far here and quite warm.  As you can see from above, I got the appointment and now it is a waiting game to get the blood tests taken and find out the result and what treatment that will lead to.  As far as the Spring booster is concerned, it doesn't look as though they will be available at the surgery, so will try and find out the easiest way to get to the nearest one for me.  See your daughter was going to take you to vote yesterday - that is how I feel about voting (although we have no elections in my area this year), but if we had, then feel I should vote, but don't really have faith in any local councillors.  As your daughter is away today, you are off to lunch with your granddaughter and expect you will enjoy that, although it is a wet miserable day for you.

Rita, looks as though you might have been posting about the same time as Barbara, which was half hour before your post telling us you lost the original.   I did explain previously (last time that happened to you) how you could modify your post if that message appeared or just continue and press save.  Then you could alway do another post to acknowledge the member's post that got in before yours.  Anyway, hope the visit to Sainsbury's went well and you are enjoying today, plus the gardener from Age UK did turn up eventually on Wednesday.

Jean, I think you said that you had bowling now on a Friday, so hope you are enjoying that.

Barbara, I see that David got his hair cut yesterday and you said how smart he looked. Also he went to vote and this time also for a mayor (I just feel that these mayors are another layer of bureaucracy to be paid for and have no faith in them), then he went to the terrain, but unfortunately no other members turned up.  You got on with your exercises and the usual computer work and other things and it was a shame that you missed you walk, staying in for a delivery and then finding out it would be in the evening and hope it did turn up.  You can see from above that I did get the appointment and now have to have bloods taken on Monday and wonder what that will lead to.  Hope your aches and pains have eased today.

Must away now Ladies and get on with some more work and hope the rest of the day goes well for all of you.
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Fri May 06, 2022 3:55 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We’re having gorgeous sunny and warm weather here today.  It’s a case of wall to wall sunshine and a nice gentle breeze and I just love it!

David did the essential shopping early this morning.  I did the first set of my physio exercises after breakfast and then David and I went for a nice walk in the sunshine.  I’m still trying to get used to using the walking stick and still feel quite nervous at times but I shall persevere!  Afterwards, I tackled the cryptic crossword but didn’t do very well with it this time.  I shall have another go later on today and will also do the second set of my exercises.  I’ve also worked at my computer.  After lunch, David went to play Petanque at the terrain.  I hope he’s winning all his games, lol!

I’ve been watching the election news closely for when the results come in from Croydon.  I do hope we’ll get a better administration who’ll take better care of our Council and its finances!

My parcel did turn up yesterday - at 6pm - after I'd waited in all day for it!  If only they'd let me know earlier in the day!

Rita, I'm sorry to hear that your post disappeared yesterday.  How annoying that is!

Dian, you woke up to a wet morning but has calmed down.  Just waiting on granddaughter as the two of you are going out for lunch before she goes and does some shopping.

Pauline, got back from shopping yesterday after collecting the prescription and on the way home you called into the surgery, only to find out that a new system had started with regard to booking appointments.  Apparently you now have to phone in at 8 in the morning and if there is an appointment available, then it will be on that day.  That's a horrible system that they've installed.  We've had it for several years now and it's definitely not patient friendly!

Once home and had put the shopping away, you started on a marathon of batch cooking - had got the stewing steak and chicken breasts out from freezer that you bought last week and cooked the beef with onions with one of the Guinness cook in flavourings, plus a dash of real Guinness (needless to say with that bottle opened you did pour yourself a small glass - good for the iron intake!  Then tackled the chicken breasts and did two separate casseroles - one Coq au vin and one Chicken chasseur, using diced veg, fresh peppers and onions and this morning they were cooled off and in tubs for the freezer - enough of the beef to make a pie for 4 and there are at least four large helpings from each of the casseroles.  They will do for future family visits.  You also bought some sausages (reduced in Tescos) and they were in the slow cooker this morning with onions, diced veg and peppers, as the lot you did the other week have been used up, so more individual meals ready for you, including one for this evening.

So this morning you tried phoning the surgery at 8 and on the third attempt got through and booked in for 9.50  - back from there and saw one of the trainee GPs (glad to know there are still some people that want to be GPs) and he has ordered some blood tests for you - they will be taken at the surgery on Monday morning before you go to the club and then you will see what they decide you need treatment for.  Since getting back you have printed off the bank statements and they all tally with the accounts you have kept, so those and a few other things have to be filed to keep on top of the paperwork.  Emails and surveys also dealt with.

I know what you mean about mayors being another layer of bureaucracy but our Council is in such a mess and I believe there needs to be as big a change as possible so as to have any chance of the borough getting back to anywhere near normal.  I'm feeling a lot better now, thanks, after having the joint manipulation on Tuesday.

Stay safe and well, everyone!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ritadonni
Ritadonni

Fri May 06, 2022 4:09 pm
I am sitting by my phone waiting for phone call from Doctor, just hoping that I can hear her/understand her, when she does call me. It will be on my mobile phone,  but I do not want to carry it round house with me.  I have  difficulty on phone and this morning had hoped to walk to surgery (30 mins walk) but, of course,  these days cannot see Dr so  was told that she will phone me this afternoon.

The gardener did not come as it was raining, but I am annoyed as I have had no word as to when he might come again.

Pauline, I am so glad you are getting attention health wise and hope you get some relief for your aches/pains as I know you would not seek help if you could  remedy it yourself.  Re. losing my post,  when it said someone else on line I just clocked for it to go through as usual.  I rarely have anything of interest to say on here, shopping at Sainsburys Thursdays, a walk to local village shop another day or maybe on bus to town, quiet lives like most, so I do not think I will be posting on here much, if at all.

I hope you all have a nice weekend and some sunshine.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Sat May 07, 2022 11:32 am
Hello Everyone - Page 40 K8syq415 Pauline certainly will not starve with all that nice cooking you got done. Great you did get to see the Doctor now just waiting on the results of your blood test .Also good all your statements up to date .Do hope you get something for your pain.

Jean hope all is fine at your end

Rita hope you are having a good day. Rita I would miss you on here so please keep popping in just to say Hi

Barbara hope you are still having that lovely sunshine so you and David can have a nice walk .Really good you have kept up your exercises. Afraid i have not been doing mine but do need to start again

Granddaughter picked me up at one then we went to a nice garden centre where we had a nice  lunch then spent a couple of hours wandering round it .they did have lovely plants and yes did buy more Mad  Really I should not have done so but could not resist .I did plant some up when I got home and watered them in fact watered all the garden .Not too sure what the weather will do today as dark and overcast but have stripped the bed and got it in washing machine so really hope it stays dry. Off now for a snack Have a nice weekend ladies

-------

https://nifty-fifties.forumotion.com/viewtopic.php?t=20
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum