Nifty Fifties Plus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Hello Everyone - Page 20 Empty Re: Hello Everyone

Fri Sep 02, 2022 3:22 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We had some rain overnight.  I don't know how much there was but it must've done some good, I would've thought.  It's still nice and warm and we've definitely lost the extreme heat.

David did the essential shopping early this morning.  After breakfast, I did the first set of my physio exercises and tackled the cryptic crossword, but have more to do on it.  I think the visit to the dentist yesterday must've really tired me out.  I just didn't feel like having a walk this morning and David has now gone to the terrain to play in the club session.  He'll be tired out by the time he comes home, but as long as he's won all his games, lol! Very Happy   I've finally got around to making a hair appointment.  I should've done it ages ago but just haven't got round to it before now.  I'm going next Tuesday and will be glad to have it done.  I shall do the second set of my physio exercises later this afternoon.

Jean, Yes, it was a terrible time for me yesterday when coming home from the dentist but that's the first time I've had to stand on public transport since I've had the problem with my knees.  I hope that was a one off!  My knees do feel all right now, thanks.

It is raining there today and very dull, your son is off on his holiday.  I expect you'll be pleased to see your granddaughter when she comes back from her holiday.

Your foot is playing up and it is difficult to walk and the pain in your side still there.  I hope you feel better soon.

Pauline, It rained on and off during the morning and there seemed to have been plenty during the night, which the garden needed badly.  You had intended to do gardening jobs, but because of the rain are now stuck with indoor work.  You want to alter what the t v in the lounge is standing on, to make it a bit higher for viewing, so going to tackle that corner next, before the tidied toys are put back behind the bar in front of where it stands.  You just want it a couple of inches higher than the bar and have the piece of furniture which is suitable..  Finishd another book and started on one of those that you bought from the Macmillan stand, so doing very well with the reading at the moment.

That's a lovely photo of Stephen and Rachel and they do look as if they've enjoyed their holiday.  Now it will be back to work for them - Rachel checking to see everything went okay at her office while she was away and Stephen will be checking out the deliveries that he left for his men to do during the week and sorting out routes ready for the week coming.  Bet they both have hiccups to sort out and then will feel they need another break - used to happen to all of us after returning to work from a holiday.  Yes, I remember how that was for me too!

Dian,  A nice bright morning so stripped bedding and got it washed and out on the line.  Duke kept you company. His owner popped in to see if you needed help with his medicine.  He has 2 pills plus drops into his food.  I'm glad he is a lot brighter now. When you were hanging out washing he ambled round your legs then sat out with you when the sun was out. Now sleeping next to you after his drops. Off for another cuppa then will go and make the bed up.

I hope that Rita is having a good day.

Stay safe and well, everyone!

Lots of love from me to all!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:05 am
Dian you are doing well with that cat and none of the bills to pay!!

It is dull here today.  Have not put the washing out.

Pauline hate staying in, muscle still painful.
Pauline
Pauline
Admin
https://nifty-fifties.forumotion.com

Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:12 am
Hello Everyone - Page 20 Xbjuun10    Yesterday spent quite a lot of time trying to sort out that bar and t v and wasn't satisfied, so left that alone and had quite a few personal emails and also phone calls coming in to deal with.  This morning I have a better idea re the t v and the bar, so will attempt that today.  

Yesterday I received a letter from a relative, Sharon.  Her Mum Iris was a cousin of mine and I used to spend quite a time with her and her sister Sylvia, when we spent weekends at Benfleet when I was young.  Iris died a few years back, but I have still kept contact with her husband Roger (you know the odd emails and cards at Christmas) and did wonder when I didn't hear from him last Christmas that he might be unwell.  Anyway Sharon told me in the letter, that he had died in July, but there had been quite a hold up with the registration of his death, because after the covid problems, the Registrar told her there had been over 2000 births to register in Essex, plus a rush of weddings, then being able to take place.  Anyway there is going to be a Celebration of his Life (not a formal funeral) on 19th of this month and on telling Stephen and Rachel, they are trying to work something out, so we can attend and will let me know over the weekend and then I can let Sharon know.  Sad news, but Roger had a long, interesting and mainly happy life.

Dian, I never did solve that placing of the t v to my satisfaction yesterday, but got a better idea for today.  I usually find if something isn't going right, then just leave it alone for a while and hopefully today it will get done the way I want it.  You had good weather yesterday so got the bed strippd and washing out on the line (with Duke keeping you company).  Good to read that he is improving and his owner popped along to see if you were coping okay with the tablets he has to be given and see he was sleeping next to you after his drops, when you sat in the garden for a while.  Hope you got the bed made up again without much trouble - always quite a heavy job to do.  Thanks for your remarks about the photo of Stephen and Rachel - both happy on their break.

Barbara, same weather as we had with the rain, which must have done some good for the plants and yes, we have definitely lost the extreme heat. David got the shopping done early and after breakfast you didn't feel like a walk, as that dental visit and the travelling had tired you out, so David went to the terrain and you got on with your exercises and other things.  I expect you are looking forward to that hair appointment on Tuesday.  Thanks for the remarks about the photo of Stephen and Rachel and yes, they did enjoy that break, but like me, you remember ending up after a holiday and getting back to work and feeling we needed another stretch of time away from it all Rolling Eyes.

Jean, still a few aches and pains for you, but best to stay at home and rest, although yes, I do know how you hate staying in.

Wondering if Rita might pop in and let us know how she got on with the appointment at the memory clinic.

Must away now ladies and get some breakfast and then on with the next idea about the t v.  Hope you all enjoy your Saturday. 
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Sat Sep 03, 2022 11:41 am
Hello Everyone - Page 20 Gml_sa12Another one of your gifs Pauline Smile
I am sure your tv will be placed just where you want it to be and as you say best to leave for another think Do hope you manage to get to that celebration of life for Rodger Always sad when we lose friends and relatives

Jean hope your weekend is going along nicely I always offer to pay the cats bills but they always decline .I am pleased he is looking a lot better

Rita thinking of you and hoping all is fine with you

Barbara good your weather has improved and wise to rest your knees until you feel fit for your walks Still you have plenty to keep you busy indoors with your exercises and computer also crosswords work.I am sure David will do well at the terrain  .Think we   always feel so much better when we have our hair done.

Well we have had the rain overnight and still looks like we will have more so pleased got the bedding dried yesterday also got my lemon balm plant potted up into larger container and no watering today. Now just need to tackle  the ironing Crying or Very sad Have a nice weekend all
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Sat Sep 03, 2022 4:24 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We're having lovely weather yet again here.  It's nice and warm and with a gentle breeze but we haven't had any rain yet.  The rain we have had has made everything in the garden look so much fresher, which is nice.

David did the essential shopping early this morning.  After breakfast, I did the first set of my physio exercises and then David and I went out for a walk.  We took a shortened version of our usual walk, as I had that terrible pain in my thigh.  I asked the physio lady about it and she said it's because my knees aren't functioning properly and so the other parts of my legs are working harder to compensate for that.  I shall be glad to have the steroid injection (eventually!) and am hoping that it'll help with the problems.  On returning home from the walk, I did some computer work on my mobile phone and did some reading too.  After lunch, David went to the terrain to play in the club session and he won all 3 of his games!  Andrew will be delighted when I tell him!  

Tomorrow, there's to be an all-day Petanque competition in honour of Mark, one of the club members, who died of Covid early on in the pandemic.  Members of his family including his sister are coming to the terrain from the Midlands to take part in the competition, as are some of. his ex work colleagues.  It'll be a fun competition although played to the rules and will be for everyone to enjoy.  There'll also be refreshments provided by the committee.  All they'll need will be some good weather, which is what's forecast.  This will be the second such competition and it was a great success last year, with a collection in aid of a charity chosen by Mark's sister.

I've also worked at my laptop and will be doing the second set of my exercises later on this afternoon.

Jean, It is dull there today.  You have not put the washing out.

You hate staying in, but your muscle is still painful.

Pauline, Yesterday spent quite a lot of time trying to sort out that bar and t v and you weren't satisfied, so left that alone and had quite a few personal emails and also phone calls coming in to deal with.  This morning you have a better idea re the t v and the bar, so will attempt that today.

Yesterday you received a letter from a relative, Sharon.  Her Mum Iris was a cousin of yours and you used to spend quite a time with her and her sister Sylvia, when you spent weekends at Benfleet when you were young.  Iris died a few years back, but you have still kept contact with her husband Roger (you know the odd emails and cards at Christmas) and did wonder when you didn't hear from him last Christmas that he might be unwell.  Anyway Sharon told you in the letter, that he had died in July, but there had been quite a hold up with the registration of his death, because after the covid problems, the Registrar told her there had been over 2000 births to register in Essex, plus a rush of weddings, then being able to take place.  Anyway there is going to be a Celebration of his Life (not a formal funeral) on 19th of this month and on telling Stephen and Rachel, they are trying to work something out, so you can all attend and will let you know over the weekend and then you can let Sharon know.  Sad news, but Roger had a long, interesting and mainly happy life.

I see that we're having the same weather again.  I certainly will be glad to have that hair appointment but I got the day wrong - it'll be on Thursday, not Tuesday.

I too am wondering if we'll hear from Rita how she got on at the appointment with the memory clinic.

Dian, it's true that we always feel so much better when we've had our hair done.  Mine is well overdue to be done!

Well you have had the rain overnight and still looks like you will have more so pleased got the bedding dried yesterday also got your lemon balm plant potted up into larger container and no watering today. Now just need to tackle the ironing.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Sun Sep 04, 2022 10:55 am
Well I am having a fun weekend.  Yesterday ended up in A and E with this muscle pain, took the car out to get my usual chicken and chip.  Could not use right side, screamed with the pain.  Eventually rang 111 who were very good and sent for an ambulance.  Not long in coming either, said they had only had three call outs that day. Anyway after loads of tests they decided it was the muscle.  Cannot spell at the moment or turn right and then when they gave me a sandwich I swallowed my tooth, so more Xrays they found it ...that sandwich was a bit tough.  So now have to see if I get any stomach pain, whereupon I have to go back.
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:21 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 20 T7acuq11    Good Morming Ladies.  This morning has started off quite grey and gloomy and although rain was promisd yesterday, there were only a few spots and the sun has just broken through the cloud as I am typing - hopefully it will stay dry today as I really want to crack on with garden jobs.  

Yesterday the problem of the t v got solved as I found another small table (surplus to requirements in my bedroom), so now the t v is back behind the bar, but that much higher.  The problem I had also was a  plant in front of the bar that was getting larger and blocking viewing, so now that plant is in the dining room end and a taller slimmer plant taken from there and is now by the bi-fold doors in the lounge and not in the way of viewing:-

Hello Everyone - Page 20 P1140031  and here is the monster Swiss Cheese plant now in the dining room end:-

Hello Everyone - Page 20 P1140032  Problem sorted and all of the downstairs housework has been completed and upstairs is still tidy, from the blitz last week.

Dian, you use as many of the gifs as you want.  They always go to brighten the page and messages.  As you can see, at last the t v problem got solved and I was happy with the result. Still waiting to find out if we can get to Benfleet for Roger's Celebration of Life, but know that Stephen and Rachel will do their best to solve this - always sad news arriving when we get to our ages.  Glad to read that Duke is looking so much better.  See you got your washing dry and now have the ironing to tackle.  See you also potted up the new Lemon Balm plant and hope that does well - I haven't had one of them for a long time.  As you can see from above, I really don't have the room indoors for anything more and that Swiss Cheese plant has another new plant coming up in the same pot, so reckon one or the other I will sell on Facebook Market place.  Done that before and they have sold well.  I also must get the last of the two hibiscus I bought, into the garden today and got those reduced gentiana to put in, plus a dianthus which is struggling it its pot.  I had a good laugh with your latest emails and this time, the video one worked - such lovely scenes in that.

Barbara, Yesterday you and David got a walk in, but this time a short one because of the pain you were getting in the thigh area - caused by the knees not working as they should and putting stress on other areas of the leg.  You will be glad to get that steroid injection, but have knee replacement ops ever been mentioned to you?  Sounds as if no amount of physio or injections will be of any lasting good for you.  This morning your friend, Adam, was on early t v, discussing with other people, various topics.  I see your hair appointment isn't until Thursday, but you will be glad to get that done.

Jean, well you certainly aren't doing very well this weekend - you really must start being more careful about the way you do things i.e bending, lifting, etc., and taking more care.  You were certainly lucky that the ambulance service managed to get to you so quickly, otherwise you might have been stuck there in pain for much longer.  Trouble is that damaged muscles take a long time to heal, so think you have to put up with being at home and taking it easy, or if you attend the clubs, particularly the one where you do bowling, you have got to be careful about what you do.  I know how long these things can take and am thankful that my knee seems to have eased, but am being very careful about the way I move and doing things at a much slower pace - even slowing down about doing some jobs and hence the reading I am getting through,

Well I must away now ladies and tackle those garden jobs, as I have taken my time about doing things this morning and also started another book - the other oneI bought from the Macmillan stand and only 238 pages in this thrller, so that won't take long to get through.  Try and enjoy your Sunday Ladies, despite the dull weather I think we all have with us.    

Last edited by Pauline on Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:23 am; edited 2 times in total
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:50 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 20 F1wevx36 Pauline do hope it stays dry for you to let you work in the garden .Good got tv all set in the right place. Yes do hope you can all get to Benfleet which would be nice.You will be pleased to see the house all in order again.

Jean that was a miserable day you had and would be so frightening .It will make you nervous .I know what like that pain is as it sounds like the won I had when I strained my back. Sorry about the tooth. do hope you have a better week.

Barbara David did his essential shopping then you had a nice walk after breakfast. You did one lot of exercises and will do more later also worked on your computer on your  mobile phone .Also did some reading. David would be pleased he won all 3 games
The terrain will hold an all day competition for a member who died of covid. Do hope the weather stays dry for them as the proceeds will go to a charity.

Rita hope all is fine with you

Woke up to a really wet windy morning but the rain has eased but still a strong wind blowing .Got all the ironing done yesterday but still to put away the bedding. Granddaughter phoned as she will take me out tomorrow about 11am.Look forward to that .Now off to do some work
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Sun Sep 04, 2022 3:19 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We have lovely warm weather here again today although there hasn't been much sun.  There's also a strong breeze blowing.  I wonder if we'll get some rain?  You never know!

David went out and bought a newspaper and a few other bits early this morning.  Then he got ready to go to the terrain to help get everything ready for the competition.  His usual job on competition days is raking the terrain.  I hope Mark's family and work colleagues have a good day.  I expect there'll be lots of anecdotes being told about him.  Each team will be arranged so that one visitor plays with two club members.  That has worked out very well on previous occasions.  The emphasis, however, will be giving the visitors a good day with a lot of Petanque for them to enjoy.  

I haven't done any of my physio exercises today so far, as I've got a twinge in my back.  It's not the usual pain, which is horrendous as it affects my spine.  It really is just a twinge and I'm hoping it'll get better on its own.  If not, I may have to take a pain killer before going to bed.  I've done a bit of walking around the downstairs of our house in an attempt to ease the pain but without success.  I have, however, tackled the general knowledge crossword in the TV magazine and have managed to solve most of the clues.  I've also done some computer work on my phone and on my laptop.

Jean, Sorry to hear about your not-so-fun weekend.  Yesterday ended up in A and E with this muscle pain, took the car out to get your usual chicken and chip.  Could not use right side, screamed with the pain.  Eventually rang 111 who were very good and sent for an ambulance.  Not long in coming either, said they had only had three call outs that day. Anyway after loads of tests they decided it was the muscle.  Cannot spell at the moment or turn right and then when they gave you a sandwich you swallowed your tooth, so more Xrays they found it ...that sandwich was a bit tough.  So now have to see if you get any stomach pain, whereupon you have to go back.  I hope that won't be necessary.

Pauline, This morning started off quite grey and gloomy and although rain was promisd yesterday, there were only a few spots and the sun had just broken through the cloud as you were typing - hopefully it will stay dry today as you really want to crack on with garden jobs.

Yesterday the problem of the t v got solved as you found another small table (surplus to requirements in your bedroom), so now the t v is back behind the bar, but that much higher.  The problem you had also was a  plant in front of the bar that was getting larger and blocking viewing, so now that plant is in the dining room end and a taller slimmer plant taken from there and is now by the bi-fold doors in the lounge and not in the way of viewing, as shown in the photo, together with a photo of the monster Swiss Cheese plant now in the dining room end.  Problem sorted and all of the downstairs housework has been completed and upstairs is still tidy, from the blitz last week.

Still waiting to find out if you can get to Benfleet for Roger's Celebration of Life, but know that Stephen and Rachel will do their best to solve this - always sad news arriving when we get to our ages.

Yes, knee replacement ops were mentioned to me as one of two options at the appointment I had with a Nurse Practitioner back in July.  The other option was a steroid injection.  That's interesting that this morning our friend, Adam, was on early t v, discussing with other people, various topics.  Which channel was that on, Pauline?  I'll see if I can find it and have a watch on catch-up.

It's good to hear that your knee seems to have eased, but you're being very careful about the way you move and doing things at a much slower pace - even slowing down about doing some jobs and hence the reading you are getting through.

Dian, Woke up to a really wet windy morning but the rain has eased but still a strong wind blowing.  Got all the ironing done yesterday but still to put away the bedding.  Granddaughter phoned as she will take you out tomorrow about 11am.  Look forward to that.  After posting, you went off to do some work.

I hope that Rita is all right.

Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:29 am
It is very nice out, had a hobble with Coco.  Cannot do much.  Son did not phone yesterday either, it might be that we never speak again.  Told Kaz not to tell him because he was on holiday, not that that mattered....

Shall not go bowling Pauline as I cannot do it as I have to drive there anyway.
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:59 am
Hello Everyone - Page 20 Tvhnzm10    Hello Ladies.  Well that certainly was a storm last night and just as I was settling down to sleep the thunder started crashing around.  I didn't bother to look out, so don't know if there was any lightening, but could hear plenty of rain pouring down.  Yesterday I did manage to get all of the plants in that I needed to do and also lop the last tall branches off of the Eucalyptus, so was happy I got that lot completed.  

Today has started sunny and I have a few indoor jobs to do this morning and then off to the club at midday and after that to the centre to get a birthday card and chase the jewellers who are repairing a ring which they really should have finished by now, as they have had it long enough and is already paid for.  Tomorrow pack for the Rugby visit on Wednesday and in the evening visit the meeting of the reformed Residents Club (no longer Residents Association) and see what that is about.  While I am in Rugby, Bob and Mary are coming up on the Sunday for a visit and roast dinner - first time they have seen Stephen and Rachel's house.  Sunday evening they are bringing me home, so that saves Stephen and Rachel a job on the Monday and also means I can get to the club next Monday and feel I should be there, as on the Tuesday they are paying for us to have tea at Jeyes at Earls Barton (I missed the last one because I was away).  Also, don't know yet, but might have to miss the club on 19th, if I am in Benfleet for the Life Celebration for Roger.

Barbara, first thing, Adam Pearson was on Sunday Morning Live, which is on BBC iPlayer.  It is series 13, episode 10 and if you push the slider along to 19.29 that is the section where they are discussing the weeks's headlines and Adam is on that section.  Hope everything went well for David at the terrain and see you didn't do your physio exercises yesterday as you felt a slight twinge in your back, so you did quite a bit of walking around downstairs instead and hope that twinge didn't result in you having to take any pain killers before bedtime.  I see that knee replacement ops were mentioned to you earlier, but you decided on the steroid injection, which you are still waiting for.

Dian, really wet and windy morning for you yesterday, but here we did have some good sunshine before the storm in the night. I see you got your ironing done and you are looking forward to a trip out today with your Granddaughter and hope the weather has improved for that.

Jean, I see you managed to get out with Coco for her walk, although hobbling.  I am sure things won't get to that stage with you and Paul - try not to let that happen.  Wise not to attempt bowling and as you say, you have to get there by driving and you aren't doing that at the moment after that experience at the weekend.  Expect there was a lot of news from Kaz about their holiday.  Do hope things are going to get a bit better for you this week.

Must away now ladies and get a few jobs done before I leave for the club and hope the start of the week goes well for all of you.  By the way, I did finish that book, short, but enjoyable, so now have picked another one that is much longer, so will have started that before I go to Rugby and can continue that while away.
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Mon Sep 05, 2022 4:24 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We had some rain during last night, which was very welcome.  After that, we had some sunshine but it didn't last very long before the clouds came over.  It did start to spit early this afternoon but luckily that didn't amount to anything much. A lot of rain was forecast to arrive during the afternoon but so far there's been no sign of it.  If it's only going to rain overnight, I don't mind really!

David did the essential shopping early this morning.  I've only done some of the physio exercises today, as my back was playing up.  I did rub in some Deep Heat and it helped quite a bit.  I shall just have to see how it goes.  I phoned our bank this morning with a query about my new debit card and was told that if I go into any branch, they will sort it out for me.  David and I went into our local branch after lunch today but I was told by a member of staff there that they're unable to help me and the only way I can sort it is by using the app.  Well, I haven't got the app and hadn't intended getting it, but now I shall have to do so.  What really annoyed me was that I struggled to the bank this afternoon, with David's help, only to realise that I'd had a wasted journey!  I was told that the person I spoke to on the phone had given me wrong information.  Well, I'd gathered that already!  Anyway, I've also tackled the cryptic crossword today but have a few more clues to sort out.   I've also done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.

Jean, It is very nice out where you are, had a hobble with Coco.  Cannot do much.  

Shall not go bowling as you cannot do it as you have to drive there anyway.

Pauline, Well that certainly was a storm last night and just as you were settling down to sleep the thunder started crashing around.  You didn't bother to look out, so don't know if there was any lightening, but could hear plenty of rain pouring down.  Yesterday you did manage to get all of the plants in that you needed to do and also lop the last tall branches off of the Eucalyptus, so was happy you got that lot completed.

Today started sunny and you have a few indoor jobs to do this morning and then off to the club at midday and after that to the centre to get a birthday card and chase the jewellers who are repairing a ring which they really should have finished by now, as they have had it long enough and is already paid for.  Tomorrow pack for the Rugby visit on Wednesday and in the evening visit the meeting of the reformed Residents Club (no longer Residents Association) and see what that is about.  While you are in Rugby, Bob and Mary are coming up on the Sunday for a visit and roast dinner - first time they have seen Stephen and Rachel's house.  Sunday evening they are bringing you home, so that saves Stephen and Rachel a job on the Monday and also means you can get to the club next Monday and feel you should be there, as on the Tuesday they are paying for you all to have tea at Jeyes at Earls Barton (you missed the last one because you were away).  Also, don't know yet, but might have to miss the club on 19th, if you are in Benfleet for the Life Celebration for Roger.

Thanks for the information about Adam's TV appearance yesterday.  I shall have a look later.  

After receiving advice from the Nurse Practitioner, I've decided to try the steroid injection first, which if necessary I can have 3 times and 3 months apart but then no more.  If that doesn't work, I shall no doubt have the knee replacement operation.

After posting, you needed to get a few jobs done before you leave for the club.  By the way, you did finish that book, short, but enjoyable, so now have picked another one that is much longer, so will have started that before you go to Rugby and can continue that while away.

I hope that Dian and Rita are both having good days.

Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Mon Sep 05, 2022 7:09 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 20 4pohkl16Sorry I did not get to post but had a nice day out with Granddaughter and was tired by the time I got home. I had a snooze on couch which I did not intend
Do hope all had a nice day and will catch up tomorrow

Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:45 am
Hello Everyone - Page 20 4isv5t10 Hello Ladies.  Another lot of heavy rain yesterday in the afternoon, then later in the evening and during the night and garden looking and smelling very fresh out there.  The sun is trying to get through this morning and I have just sat outside (under my shelter) with a cup of coffee.  After that heavy rain, there are a lot of fallen yellowed leaves over the garden and I suppose it will be a case of continually cleaing them from now on until the last one is down.

Yesterday at the club, had a good natter and enjoyed the coffee and cake, plus I won a prize in the raffle (bottle of Fairy washing up liquid) and our little group of three won the quiz.  Dates changed around in the calendar and the Tuesday after the possible trip to Benfleet, is when we will be going to Jeyes at Earls Barton for the tea, but at least will be home for that.  Because of the rain in the afternoon, I didn't bother to go to the centre, so will chase up what has happend to the ring repair when I come home and get the Birthday card for Anne that will be needed next week.

Today I am going to concentrate on getting things together for the trip to Rugby and looking forward to that.

Barbara, I do hope that the back pain is easing and see you only did a few of your physio exercises yesterday, because of it.  I am wondering if you did get the much needed rain during the night.  What a nuisance being given all the wrong instructions about the Debit card and having a wasted trip to the bank.  Same with me, that I had to download the Bank ap just to register the fact I wanted to make sure that I could use my Debit card while I was in Spain in March.  Did that, but just refuse to use that ap for other purposes - I just don't trust any form of banking on my phone and stick to doing that on the computer.  Hope you managed to see that programme on BBC iPlayer.  I have read what your thoughts were on the possible knee ops and do hope the steroid injections work for you, so you can avoid the ops - let's hope you don't have to wait much longer for the first steroid injection.

Dian good to read you enjoyed the outing with your Granddaughter yesterday. Thank you for more of the funny emails - I enjoy receiving them.

Jean, hope the walking has improved a bit, so you can get Coco out for her walk without hobbling.

Must away now ladies and get on with the day and I have that Residents Club meeting to attend this evening and see what that is all about.  Hope you all have a good day.
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:54 am
Still have not heard from son and am still in pain.  l am so upset about this, could not sleep and then tried to explain about son, who you cannot reason with.  Do not know what shift he is on so cannot ring him.  Hobbled for a walk.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Tue Sep 06, 2022 11:34 am
Hello Everyone - Page 20 1o3wsa36Pauline your garden will appreciate all that rain .Hope you did get the sun .Good you enjoyed your Mon club and won a raffle Very Happy Nice to have trips to look forward to .Hope you find out about your ring repair . Yes falling leaves will be starting just shortly. My cooking apples have now started to fall Crying or Very sad

Jean good you managed to hobble for a walk. I am sure your son will be in touch soon.

Rita hope all is fine with you

Barbara wishing you and David a good day with no problems

Now off to catch up  on housework .Dry this morning but looks like rain Enjoyed my outing with granddaughter. We had lunch at Ikea then a walk around the store which had obviously been revamped and new items. After that popped into HB which was very busy and they had  lots of new items being delivered .Looked like new stock for winter. Then it was time to go home and I promptly fell asleep Neutral Cat now looking fine and eating well. My neighbour said there was a n orange cat about so maybe there was a fight .
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Tue Sep 06, 2022 4:36 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We had a thunderstorm during last night and it’s rained again this afternoon.  I’m glad that we’re at long last having a good amount of rain but just hope that we don’t get floods.  Everything is looking nice and fresh now!

David did the essential shopping early this morning.  During the morning, I received a text from our local pharmacy telling me that my prescription was ready for collection.  Because some heavy rain was forecast to arrive this morning, David offered to go to the pharmacy to collect the prescription for me, as he can get there faster on his own!  In the event, the rain didn’t come till much later.  I’ve had a bad back for a few days and it’s still not right and so I’ve only done some of my physio exercises today.  I have, however, tackled and completed the cryptic crossword (amazing!) and have also done some computer work on my mobile phoned and also my laptop.  I’ve also watched some TV this afternoon.  I shall attempt to do a second set of some of my physio exercises later this afternoon.

Dian, Yesterday you had a nice day out with Granddaughter and were tired by the time you got home. You had a snooze on couch which youI did not intend.

Today after posting you went off to catch up  on housework.  It was dry this morning but looked like rain.  Enjoyed your outing with granddaughter.  You had lunch at Ikea then a walk around the store which had obviously been revamped and new items. After that popped into HB which was very busy and they had  lots of new items being delivered.  Looked like new stock for winter. Then it was time to go home and you promptly fell asleep.  Cat now looking fine and eating well. Your neighbour said there was a n orange cat about so maybe there was a fight.

Pauline, Another lot of heavy rain yesterday in the afternoon, then later in the evening and during the night and garden looking and smelling very fresh out there.  The sun was trying to get through this morning and before posting you sat outside (under your shelter) with a cup of coffee.  After that heavy rain, there are a lot of fallen yellowed leaves over the garden and you suppose it will be a case of continually cleaing them from now on until the last one is down.

Yesterday at the club, had a good natter and enjoyed the coffee and cake, plus you won a prize in the raffle (bottle of Fairy washing up liquid) and your little group of three won the quiz.  Dates changed around in the calendar and the Tuesday after the possible trip to Benfleet, is when you will be going to Jeyes at Earls Barton for the tea, but at least will be home for that.  Because of the rain in the afternoon, you didn't bother to go to the centre, so will chase up what has happend to the ring repair when you come home and get the Birthday card for Anne that will be needed next week.

Today you are concentrating on getting things together for the trip to Rugby and looking forward to that.

My back pain is easing, thanks, although it's still not right.  We did get a thunderstorm during the night and some more rain this afternoon, which is all good.  I see that you had a similar as me, with your bank, regarding your debit card.  I had no intention of downloading my bank's app, for the same reasons as you.  I do make mistakes when typing on my phone and so don't wish to use it for any purposes, but will be forced to do it so as to delete something from my card - Contactless, which I don't want!  I had it removed from my last card but the bank did it for me then and I don't understand why they can't do the same thing again.  On a happier note, I did watch Adam on that programme.  I do like the way he isn't afraid to speak his mind, even on national TV!

After posting, you had to get on with the day and you have that Residents Club meeting to attend this evening and see what that is all about.

Jean, I'm sorry to hear that you're still in pain.  I hope you soon hear from your son.

You hobbled out for a walk.

I wonder if Rita will come in and see us some time and let us know how she's doing?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:16 am
Good Morning everyone!

We had a lot of rain during yesterday and also during last night.  It’s now nice and cool without being cold and everything in the garden is looking nice and fresh.

David did the essential shopping early this morning and has now gone to the terrain to play in the club session.  I hope he wins all his games!  My back is still playing up a bit and so I’ve again only done some of my physio exercises, just to be on the safe side.  I shall do the same exercises again this afternoon.  I’ve yet to tackle the cryptic crossword but will also do that a bit later today.  I’ve done some computer work on my mobile phone and also on my laptop.  I have a hair appointment tomorrow and a hospital appointment on Friday.  Hopefully David and I will be able to dodge the rain!

I hope everyone is safe and well!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:53 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 20 K48qei11  Hello Ladies.  Quick look in as I have to go to the centre.  Either Stephen or Rachel will pick me up from about 4 onwards - depends who gets home first from work.  I got a phone call yesterday to say that the ring was ready, so arranged to pick that up today.  Nearly all sorted and packed for the trip, with a few last minute things to add and check.  Residents meeting went well last evening - more social than complaints based and details being given by all of us as to different clubs and activities in the area and where to get the info.

Jean, sorry to read you are still in pain and I do hope that things will settle down between you and Paul, just got to give it time.

Barbara, things freshened up your way after the storms and rain and just hope these sudden downpours we are getting, don't cause any floods.  Unfortunately you still have the back pain so you are being careful about how you move and the exercises you do.  I see that David collected a prescription for you and today has gone to the terrain and you are getting on with the usual things.  Hope the hair appointment goes well for you tomorrow - nice to get hair seen to, which makes us feel so much better - and also hope the hospital appointment also goes well on Friday.

Dian, good to read you had an enjoyable day out with your granddaughter - lunch at Ikea and a look around their revamped store, with new items added.  Then you went to HB where they were getting deliveries with a lot of new winter stock and then home for a good rest.  Glad to read the news that Duke seems to be so much better and a neighbour said that she had seen a new cat in the area, so perhaps that was the one Duke was in a fight with.  See you were planning to catch up on the housework and that is always there to do.

Must away now ladies and I will be back ready to post on Monday, so hope you all enjoy the rest of the week and have a good weekend. 
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:14 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 20 Bth_he19Pauline good your ring is now ready
That was a good meeting at the residents club giving you useful information about what is on ect..Enjoy your weekend with Rachel and Stephen

Jean hope your having a good day with no problems

Barbara sorry your back still playing up so do hope it settles down. I know how it feels .Yes everything will be nice and fresh after all that rain. I  am sure David will do well at the terrain. Wise not to do anything to aggravate your back and to cut back on your exercises .Good getting your hair done tomorrow as we all feel better after having it done also hope all goes well for you on Friday at the hospital

Rita trusting you are okay

Just in from Wed club and did not win anything Wink but did enjoy it .Now off to do some work .
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:03 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We had a lot of rain during last night and it's rained several times during today, including a thunderstorm or two.  It's also quite a bit cooler, which isn't a bad thing as long as it doesn't get too cool!

David did the essential shopping early this morning but came home looking like a drowned rat!  I was hoping that the rain would clear up in time for my hair appointment this afternoon but it wasn't to be.  By the time we'd arrived at the hairdresser's, we'd both have looked like drowned rats, especially as I'm not able to hurry at the moment; so I decided to ring the hairdresser and cancel the appointment.  I shall have to rearrange it and hope for a spell of dry weather.

I've done some of my physio exercises but am still being careful of my back, although it does seem to be getting to be on the mend.  I've tackled the cryptic crossword but still have more to do on it and have done some computer work on my phone and on my laptop.

It seems possible that there may be some sad news about the Queen, especially as her grown up children have rushed up to Balmoral at short notice today.  I hope it'll turn out to be good news.

Pauline, You had a quick look in here yesterday as you had to go to the centre.  Either Stephen or Rachel were to pick you up from about 4 onwards - depends who got home first from work.  You got a phone call to say that the ring was ready, so arranged to pick that up yesterday.  Nearly all sorted and packed for the trip, with a few last minute things to add and check.  Residents meeting went well on Tuesday evening - more social than complaints based and details being given by all of you as to different clubs and activities in the area and where to get the info.

I expect you'll by now be having an enjoyable time with Stephen and Rachel.

Dian, When you posted yesterday you were just in from Wed club and did not win anything but did enjoy it.  After posting, you went off to do some work.

I hope that Jean and Rita are all right.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Thu Sep 08, 2022 5:24 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 20 Gtfday15 Just in from being out all day so feeling shattered as we did a lot of walking as we went to different outlets which we do not usually go to but it was a nice change and did buy a few items My friend did enjoy it too. Stayed dry all day but now looking like a downpour of rain very soon,

Barbara  that was a pity you had to cancel your hair appointment but was wise .Hope David and you are having a good weekend

Jean do hope you have had a good day with no problems

Have a good weekend all
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:57 am
.Keep thinking its Saturday as usually out on a Friday .I have been watching  the sad news of the Queen.
Back playing up so need to move
Will catch up later........have a good day all
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:24 am
Hello Everyone - Page 20 Gml_sa13 I am sure Pauline will be having a nice break with her family

Jean do hope you are having a nice weekend and hope Coco is fine now

Barbara hope your back has eased off and you do get out for a walk with David. Hope David wins his games if he goes to the terrain today. No doubt you will be busy with your exercises ,crosswords computer work  and work on your phone. Hope the weather is nice for you

Rita do hope all is fine with you too

Well has turned out a nice morning so have got a small washing done now just need to hang out. Afraid my back is giving me a lot of pain .Apples now falling and have given away two bags full of them to neighbours so far .Wishing you all a nice day.
I have been watching a lot about the Queen
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:26 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We had some rain during last night but it’s been dry all day today.  We’ve had so much rain in the last week or so that it’s good to have a day’s respite!  I’m glad we’re now getting rain again, though.  It’s been nice and sunny for most of today and it’s not at all cold.

David did the essential shopping early this morning.  I haven’t done any of my physio exercises yet but will do at least some of them later this afternoon.  Although my back feels a lot better, I’m still a bit wary of it happening again but intend to persevere with the exercises.  

I haven’t had a walk today, as we were watching the programme about the Queen for most of this morning, and David went to the terrain this afternoon to play in the club session.  He's just come home.  He won two out of the three games that he played and so is quite happy.  I hope to have a walk tomorrow, weather permitting!

Dian, On Thursday, you were just in from being out all day so were feeling shattered as you did a lot of walking as you went to different outlets which you do not usually go to but it was a nice change and did buy a few items.  Your friend did enjoy it too.  Stayed dry all day but it was looking like a downpour of rain would arrive very soon.

Yesterday, You had been watching  the sad news of the Queen.  I agree that it was very sad news, though not unexpected, as she seemed to be having some problems but we weren't given any details about it.

Your back had been playing up so needed to move.  I'm sorry to hear that, Dian.

My back is easing off quite a bit now, thanks, and nearly back to normal.

Today, it turned out a nice morning so did a small washing done and hung it out.  I'm sorry to hear that your back is giving you a lot of pain.  Apples now falling and have given away two bags full of them to neighbours so far.

You have been watching a lot about the Queen, as have we too.  What an amazing woman she was, with how she dedicated herself to her duty to her people and she was also nice and approachable.   It makes me wish I'd met her in person.

I see that Jean hasn't posted for a few days.  I hope she's all right.   I'll send her an email when I've finished in here.

I expect Pauline is having a nice time with her family; and I hope that Rita is all right.

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum