Nifty Fifties Plus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Pauline
Pauline
Admin
https://nifty-fifties.forumotion.com

Hello Everyone - Page 40 Empty Re: Hello Everyone

Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:26 am
[url=https://servimg.com/view/20094517/2518]Hello Everyone - Page 40 Cbygf813 Hi Ladies. I have been up since 6 and it is now 7.30 and still dark and damp outside. Today I want to get those tablets sorted with the surgery, phone friends Bob and Mary and see if they can get here on 5th, sort out the finances after spending yesterday, pay the power bill (which fortunately isn't too bad and I was expecting worse) and continue on with the clear out, plus repot some of the indoor plants as I bought the fibre for that yesterday.

Hope all of you have an enjoyable Friday, even if the weather isn't too good where you are
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:01 am
dull and darfk here been out for dog wqalk
yesterday went to the Lakes at Rushen and got some bargains  worn out todasy
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:08 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 40 Flower44Pauline that was so annoying with your prescription especially as it was in on plenty of time .Good all organised for Stephen,s birthday .Well done with potting up your indoor plants too That is good your energy bill was not too bad

Jean that was a nice outing for you yesterday and cheers us up when we get a bargain

Barbara  hope you and David are having a nice day with no problems

Rita also wish you a good day

It was a very chilly day but dry so far .Daughter picked me up as usual and we went to our shopping Mall .Popped into  Asda to get my glasses tightened up also did some shopping there and must say got a shock on how some items prices have soared.......... brown loaf was £2 and lots of other items too .Now off for a nice cuppa
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:53 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

I'm sorry not to have posted yesterday but I forgot to mention that my sister would be coming over to see us.  We had an enjoyable day with her!

Our weather started off dull but the sun did poke through for a while this morning.  Now it's back to being dull and cloudy and not quite so cold as it has been.

David did the essential shopping early this morning and I did the first set of my physio exercises after breakfast.  I shall do the second set later on today.  I'd found that although the weather was a bit warmer, my knees had been feeling very cold and so David went into Croydon to buy me some nice warm tights.  I've caught up on a couple of TV programmes that I missed yesterday, have done some reading and some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.  I have yet to tackle the cryptic crossword and shall do so later today.  We've watched a bit more TV after lunch and David is now watching a Western.

Dian, Yesterday you had a dull drab morning but it brightened up later with the sun shining and blue sky.  You posted when you were just out the shower and had washed and set your hair.

After posting, You went off for a snack and get some more work attended too.

You've had a very chilly day today but dry so far.  Daughter picked you up as usual and you went to your shopping Mall.  Popped into Asda to get your glasses tightened up also did some shopping there and must say got a shock on how some items prices have soared.......... brown loaf was £2 and lots of other items too.  After posting, you went off for a nice cuppa.

Pauline, Yesterday you eventually had nearly caught up with what you needed to do with getting shopping, prescription, etc., and had to leave that for another day as the prescription that should have been ready for Monday, when you called into Boots yesteerday, four days on from collecton - it still wasn't made up, so had to go off and continue shopping and then stupidly, because the trolley was so full up you went straight home to get the shopping away, forgetting that you had to get the prescription, so up to the centre again and got it.  You still have to sort out the review of those other two tablets and will do that with a phone call, as your days have been so busy, that you couldn't face calling into the surgery today, so hopefully sort that out today.

You've spoken to Stephen and Rachel and eventually you have got the late birthday celebration arranged for Sunday 5th February and that is okay with Aimie, Sean and the boys.

Today you were up since 6 and at 7.30 it was still dark and damp outside.  You want to get those tablets sorted with the surgery, phone friends Bob and Mary and see if they can get to your house on 5th, sort out the finances after spending yesterday, pay the power bill (which fortunately isn't too bad and you were expecting worse) and continue on with the clear out, plus repot some of the indoor plants as you bought the fibre for that yesterday.

Jean, It is dull and dark where you are and you've been out for dog walk.

Yesterday went to the Lakes at Rushen and got some bargains.  Worn out today.

I hope that Rita is having a good day.

Stay safe and well, everyone!

Lots of love from me to all!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:53 am
well the dog trainer came yesterday said to hold  and pull lead whenj dog growls when people leave as he is protecting the door.....worked until he went...
this morning went and paid and cancelled papers as something hast to give with all the price rises. took dog pulled on ldid not stop it. no more dog walks today.
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:49 am
Hello Everyone - Page 40 7zcsbe10    Good Morning Ladies.

Yesterday got Sunday the 5th all sorted with Mary, so now I know how many people to cater for.  Eventually decided I couldn't be bothered wth any further phone calls yesterday, so on Monday morning before I go to the club, I am going to call into the surgery and sort out that review of the medication - far easier to ask all I need to directly with one of the receptionists (and the staff there are very helpful and friendly).  Got on with more shredding - went through paperwork kept for Residents' Associaton, Community Association, etc., and got rid of heaps - also went through all of the stationery I have got and really don't need so much now, so a lot of the files and notebooks will be offered to family when they are here and after they take what they want, then the rest perhaps can go to Margaret at the club and after that to the charity shops.

Making loads of room in the sideboard cupboards  and today will be shredding more paperwork (which I am keeping in a separate bag, as bin is completely full and not collected until Tuesday), so there will be a good start again for the next collection.  Also managed to look at one of my DVDs while I was doing all of the sorting and that was film 2 of one I had already watched, so both of them can go to the charity shop, next time I am up there, together hopefully with some clothes, because some of them need to go - in good conditon, but not worn for a while and a bit large for me and because I have put on a bit more weight, by keeping them I just might be encouraged to forget about dieting. Rolling Eyes

Dian thank you for the new emails and had a laugh at some of the comical advice and cartoons, loved the music and as you can see I have saved some of the photography and used one for today's gif.  Just couldn't save them in the easy usual way and had to take screen shots and then save from them, but well worth doing.  Some of them I had already, but a lot of new ones I hadn't seen before. That was another thing on the list that I ran out of time for, repotting the indoor plants, but will get some of them finished today.  You enjoyed your usual shopping trip with your daughter yesterday and got your glasses tightened at Asda and then had a shock at the price rises, in particular the bread.  My local Tescos has its own bakery so I always look out for their own sliced bloomers that are reduced and always keep some in the freezer and that does help to keep the prices down, but cost of shopping is certainly well up.  At least at our ages we do have the time to look for the bargains, but must be awful for busy families with only a short time to do shopping in and with a family to feed.

Jean good to read you got out to The Lakes shopping area and found some bargains - Can understand you being shattered after that - I have been there twice and find it is such a large place to actually get around.  Hope you got through the week okay, because I know it is the first anniversary of losing David. I can say that when I was going through the paperwork with regard to my Mum, it did bring back lots of memories, but can say as time goes on, it does get easier. See you are getting Peanut trained - can't be easy with a rehomed dog and hope it works.  Can understand you cancelling the newspapers - far too expensive these days and as you say, something has to give.

Barbara, that was enjoyable, another day with your sister visiting on Thursday, then on Friday back to the usual tasks with the gloomy weather (same here, but at least temperatures up until the evening).  Hope those warm tights help you, that Davd got for you yesterday when he went into Croydon.  These days I always wear a pair of leggings under my trousers when I go out and find they are helpful with keeping warm.

Well Ladies I will away and make a coffee first and then on with the jobs - they might seem boring, but think such a good clear out helps to make us feel better.  Enjoy your day everyone.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Sat Jan 28, 2023 1:15 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 40 Eyffgs60 Pauline clever you  in getting the picture on .Yes there were some nice snapshots .Everybody has different taste so usually just let all delete what does not suit them as I know some I get I am not keen on but would never complain to the person who sends them to me as most of them I do like .
Well done with all your shredding reminds me I do need to tackle that too as well as getting more clothes to charity which I like but just know will never fit into them again Mad

Jean do hope the dog person helps will probably take time.Yes the papers are now quite a hefty price and can get most important news on comp and TV

Barbara that was nice having your sister to visit you.........would cheer you up.See busy as usual with all your work on computer ect and your exercises too.Hope the pain in your knee has still eased   Also enjoyed watching tv with David.Do hope the tights help but think they do make a difference as I wear them too under my trousers in the cold weather

Hope Rita is having a nice day and enjoying time with her daughter

Well it is a dry day with some sun but not much drying in the air. I have done a small washing and did hang out the towels but the rest indoors
Enjoy your weekend ladies
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:58 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We're having a mostly dull day although the sun did appear for a short while during this morning.  It's still very cold but the rain has stayed away, at least.

David did the essential shopping early this morning and I did the first set of my physio exercises after breakfast.  I shall do the second set later on today.  David then went back into Croydon as the tights he bought me yesterday didn't fit.  He came back with some different ones which are a better size for me!  I've done a fair bit of walking around our downstairs today and will do more later today.  I don't always remember to mention it but it does help my knees.  I've completed the cryptic crossword and have done some reading; also some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.  We watched some news type programmes this morning and David is now watching horse racing on the TV.  I've also submitted online the answers to the latest Take A Break puzzles.  Fingers crossed for a win - it's been a long time!

Jean, Well the dog trainer came yesterday said to hold and pull lead whenj dog growls when people leave as he is protecting the door.....worked until he went... Oh dear!  The dog trainer will have to do better!

This morning went and paid and cancelled papers as something hast to give with all the price rises.  Took dog pulled on ldid not stop it.  Nno more dog walks today.

Pauline, Yesterday got Sunday the 5th all sorted with Mary, so now you know how many people to cater for.  Eventually decided you couldn't be bothered wth any further phone calls yesterday, so on Monday morning before you go to the club, you are going to call into the surgery and sort out that review of the medication - far easier to ask all you need to directly with one of the receptionists (and the staff there are very helpful and friendly).  Got on with more shredding - went through paperwork kept for Residents' Associaton, Community Association, etc., and got rid of heaps - also went through all of the stationery you have got and really don't need so much now, so a lot of the files and notebooks will be offered to family when they are here and after they take what they want, then the rest perhaps can go to Margaret at the club and after that to the charity shops.

Making loads of room in the sideboard cupboards and today will be shredding more paperwork (which you are keeping in a separate bag, as bin is completely full and not collected until Tuesday), so there will be a good start again for the next collection.  Also managed to look at one of your DVDs while you were doing all of the sorting and that was film 2 of one you had already watched, so both of them can go to the charity shop, next time you are up there, together hopefully with some clothes, because some of them need to go - in good conditon, but not worn for a while and a bit large for me and because you have put on a bit more weight, by keeping them you just might be encouraged to forget about dieting.

Dian, Well it is a dry day with some sun but not much drying in the air.  You have done a small washing and did hang out the towels but the rest indoors.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:37 am
not a bad day today however, yesterday  about 5 the smoke alarm started bleeping  I found I could not reach it and dare not stand on a chair because of mu foot giving way,  asked son if he could help hate doing this so he came over and said it was not bleeping and then decided the battery was dea...
dog got me up at 2am. toko ages to get back to sleep got a slight pain in left side hope that soon goes
good luck at the doc. Pauline all my sister in laws pills were wrong again
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:54 am
Hello Everyone - Page 40 C4s9sg27 Pauline well I am sure you will have got lots more up to date. Good all  organized  for Stephen, s birthday .Great you have cleared more items out so will be great when you collect more Smile I really must get started too with a spring clean Sad Hope your having a nice weekend.

Jean hope Peanut has been good. Will just take patience to train him ......just perseverance Have a good day

Rita hope your day is going along nicely

Barbara that was good David managed to get your right size of tights.He did the essential shopping and you did one set of exercises and will do more later .Good that walking in the house does help your knees.You also did your usual work on your phone and laptop and will do your cryptic crossword later. You and David watched news programme in the morning and David watched the horse racing on the TV..Do hope you are lucky with Take A Break

Well it is dry and a watery sun is out so hopefully will stay dry as hope to lift more winter debris Now off for a snack before I do any more work .Enjoy your Sunday ladies
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:23 am
Hello Everyone - Page 40 Dtxbc410    Good Morning Ladies.  That gif shows that I was breathing fire and snarling this morning - yesterday received a request for renewal that had already been put through by me on 8th (in fact a month ahead of when I needed to, just to get it out of the way), so had my time wasted emailing them with a copy of the receipt from them.  Don't you get so fed up when people don't do their jobs correctly and create extra work for you?????

Anyway, happier now I have sent that off and can get on with more sorting. At last yesterday I did the last lot of shredding needed from the present update and clear out and as the recycling bin is completely full for collection on Tuesday, I already have two large bags full again, ready to start off the next lot when the bin is emptied.  I am now getting a lot of spare stationery and colouring books down from the craft room, as they can be used by my two gt. grandsons, along with pens, pencils, colouring pencils, crayons, etc.  What I left in the craft room was all of the art materials, including sketching pads, canvases, and paints.  Really getting sorted as to where all types of things are being kept in the same place.  It has been a long job, but gradually getting there and carrying on with that today.  

Yesterday while I was sorting all of that lot in the lounge I did manage to watch another couple of DVDs, unfortunately not two that I could get rid of, because decided I might just want to watch them again, but have got two out that I think I will be happy to get rid of after seeing them, so they will go on while I carry on getting a lot of things (that have now been sortd) back in the sideboard cupboards and there is a lot more room in them now. Also spent about 10 minutes in the garden pulling up weeds and grass where they were sprouting and surprisingly got a lot done in that short time, but soon went back indoors so I wasn't sidetracked from the main tasks.

Dian, used another one of the photos this morning and that fitted in well with how I felt after getting that wrong request and having to deal with it. See you too need to be getting on with the shredding and getting rid of some clothes - there is always something that needs doing and we keep busy with it all.  See you got a small amount of washing done yesterday, but not a lot of drying in the air.  My laundry is up-to-date at the moment, but ironing does need tackling.  Received a notification from the site to say that both you and Jean had posted while I was typing my post and see you have already been working this morning and because it is dry, you are going to get rid of more winter debris from the garden and good luck with that.

Jean, hope the rest of yesterday after the walk with Peanut, went well for you and wondering if you got your usual Saturday chicken and chips. Just as I was posting this, the site told me that you had posted, so could alter my post and add onto the answer to you.  The smoke alarms certainly are a nuisance when they start the bleeping, but glad that Paul changed that for you, because although the bleeping had stopped, it did mean that the batttery was on the way out.  More trouble for your sister-in-law I see, with her pills being wrong again and that is why I think it is best for me to tackle that problem about mine, directly in the surgery tomorrow morning. See that Peanut got you up at 2 in the morning and then it was difficult for you to get back to sleep again, so hope you have a restful day lined up.

Barbara, usual things for you and David yesterday and David also went back into Croydon to change the tights for a new size and hope they are okay for you.  Your walking around indoors is certainly a help with keeping mobile and avoiding more problems with arthritis playing up from too much sitting around.  

Off to get a brunch today, as didn't get any breakfast early, but straight down to sorting the emails and posting on here, so think it will be poached eggs on toast, a cup of coffee then on with the jobs.  Hope all of you enjoy your Sunday.
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:30 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

It's been yet another strange day for weather here.  The forecast was for a dry day today but we've had some rain here, some quite heavy.  There's been no sun at all and it's also maybe not quite as cold as it has been.

David did the essential shopping early this morning and I did the first set of my physio exercises after breakfast.  I shall do the second set later this afternoon.  David and I watched Laura K's TV programme and it was interesting, as usual.  I've also tackled the general knowledge crossword but still have a lot more to do on it, which I shall do later today.  I've also done some reading and have done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.  David went upstairs into our loft to play with his model railway for a while before lunch and is now watching football on the TV.  I've spent some time walking around our downstairs to help my knees and will do some more of that later.

JEAN, not a bad day today however, yesterday about 5 the smoke alarm started bleeping.  You found you could not reach it and dare not stand on a chair because of your foot giving way,  asked son if he could help hate doing this so he came over and said it was not bleeping and then decided the battery was dead.

Dog got you up at 2am.  Took ages to get back to sleep.  Got a slight pain in left side.  Hope that soon goes.

DIAN, Well it is dry and a watery sun is out so hopefully will stay dry as hope to lift more winter debris.   After posting, you went off for a snack before you do any more work.

PAULINE, Today's gif shows that you were breathing fire and snarling this morning - yesterday received a request for renewal that had already been put through by you on 8th (in fact a month ahead of when you needed to, just to get it out of the way), so had your time wasted emailing them with a copy of the receipt from them.  Yes, I do get so fed up when people don't do their jobs correctly and create extra work for me?????  You have my sympathy!

Anyway, happier now you have sent that off and can get on with more sorting. At last yesterday you did the last lot of shredding needed from the present update and clear out and as the recycling bin is completely full for collection on Tuesday, you already have two large bags full again, ready to start off the next lot when the bin is emptied.  You are now getting a lot of spare stationery and colouring books down from the craft room, as they can be used by your two gt. grandsons, along with pens, pencils, colouring pencils, crayons, etc.  What you left in the craft room was all of the art materials, including sketching pads, canvases, and paints.  Really getting sorted as to where all types of things are being kept in the same place.  It has been a long job, but gradually getting there and carrying on with that today.

Yesterday while you were sorting all of that lot in the lounge you did manage to watch another couple of DVDs, unfortunately not two that you could get rid of, because decided you might just want to watch them again, but have got two out that you think you will be happy to get rid of after seeing them, so they will go on while you carry on getting a lot of things (that have now been sortd) back in the sideboard cupboards and there is a lot more room in them now. Also spent about 10 minutes in the garden pulling up weeds and grass where they were sprouting and surprisingly got a lot done in that short time, but soon went back indoors so you weren't sidetracked from the main tasks.

After posting, you went off to get a brunch, as didn't get any breakfast early, but straight down to sorting the emails and posting on here, so it will be poached eggs on toast, a cup of coffee then on with the jobs.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:25 am
Hello Everyone - Page 40 Eywurp10    Hello Ladies.

Early start for me this morning and still getting on with shifting stationery out of the craft room i.e there was a paper stapling machine, plus staples, more bulldog clips and pens that I came across and they are really needed more downstairs, so have shifted the small set of filing drawers they were in and getting that all sorted.  Doing all of this actually means altering the shelf height in all of the sideboard cupboards and there are 3 of them, so taking up a bit of time, because I want to be able to get to everything easily.  Will get ready about mid morning to get out, because I want to sort things over the surgery and then off to the club.

Barbara,  thanks for your remarks about people not doing their work correctly and causing us more work - think we all feel the same on that one.   Usual things for you and David yesterday, but he got in more time with the trains and watching football and you also did some reading, plus watched Laura K's programme - yes I watch that too.

Hope the weekend went well also for you Jean and Dian and you can see that I used one of your crystal photos as a background this morning.  I have three lovely large crystals and would love one like that, but bet that is expensive.  You all mention Rita and when I email her I do send your good wishes, but at the moment still waiting for a full reply to my email, so I can post some up-to-date news from her on here.
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:10 am
yesterday I went out to lunch with Barry, his daughter and grandson. it made a change
in a little while I am going to see Barry for coffee, as he has been banned from driveing and does not know this yet. can not spell that either
it is a nice bright morning and have taken PEANUT out
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:20 am
Hello Everyone - Page 40 4pohkl19 Well do hope it is a Happy Monday for all

Pauline you certainly have been busy getting all your shredding up to date also lots of organizing up to date in your sideboard Do hope you get sorted at the Doctors today. and hope you do well at your club today

Jean enjoy your coffee with Barry .Good you have been out with Peanut. It is so annoying when the smoke alarm goes off especially when they are all connected .I have done that once and it gave me such a fright but also saved my pot Sad

Barbara sorry your weather not too good today .Good you are still doing all your exercises and the walking around the house as it does help your knee You got your usual chores done.David played upstairs with his trains. You both watched a tv programme  After lunch David watched football.

Rita hope your having a good day

Well sun is shining bright so do hope it stays .I did get some more debris lifted and in the bin but still lots more to get rid off.It started to rain yesterday so had to finish  Have a good day all
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:47 pm
well it is still fine. Barry not too good so sad to see. he is a lovely man

-------
Since too many posts were made, this topic has been divided automatically. You can find the rest of this topic here :
https://nifty-fifties.forumotion.com/t22-hello-everyone
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum