Nifty Fifties Plus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Hello Everyone - Page 21 Empty Re: Hello Everyone

Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:02 am
Good Morning everyone!

We have lovely sunny weather here this morning with a gentle breeze.  It’s lovely and warm but we’ve lost the extreme heat that was so uncomfortable, especially for sleeping in.  It looks as if we’re having a dry day here today but we’ve had plenty of rain and everything in the garden is back to being nice and green again.

David did the essential shopping early this morning and has now gone to the terrain to take part in the club session.  I’ve done some of my physio exercises and will do the rest later today.  I’ve done some computer work on my mobile phone and now am doing the same on my laptop.  I’ve yet to tackle the general knowledge crossword and will do that later today.  I’ve also been watching some of the coverage on the BBC of the Queen, where some former British Prime Ministers have been interviewed and have given some anecdotes of their meetings with Her Majesty, but without discussing anything that was private between her and themselves.  She was indeed a person who could and did put everyone she met at their ease.

Stay safe and well, everyone!

Lots of love from me to all!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Sun Sep 11, 2022 3:51 pm
[size=24]Hello Everyone - Page 21 7fw3im48 Barbara that is good your back has improved. David did his essential shopping then went to the terrain so hope he wins. You did a set of exercises and will do the rest later .Worked on your phone and will do the crossword later also worked on your laptop
You also watched about the Queen and yes she was very special and honest and will be hard to fill her shoes.

Jean do  hope all is well with you and Coco

I am sure Pauline will be having a nice time

Trusting all is well with you Rita

I have been watching the tv all morning about the Queen and now the King. Son popped in for a chat and brought nice cakes

Have a good day all
[/s
ize]
[/size]
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:43 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 21 Eyffgs52Not sure when Pauline will be home
I was sure I posted yesterday but seems to have disappeared
So far it is dry but think the rain is not far away .Nothing much new here but have been watching the news about the Queen and now its the King. She will be hard to replace so lets hope King Charles does as well.

Jean hope all is good with you and Coco

Barbara hope your having a nice day with no problems and do hope your back has improved .Mine has eased up some.
Wonder if David will be at the terrain or maybe it will be closed as our club is closed for 2 weeks

Strong winds here and think they are keeping the rain away..........have a nice day
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:44 pm
well post has now appeared from yesterday //?????
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:24 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We’re having a mixture of sunshine and cloud here today but it’s lovely and warm and we’ve had no rain today so far.  The rain we have had has been good for our gardens and our reservoirs and rivers, with everything looking a lot greener now.

David did the essential shopping early this morning.  I’ve done some of my physio exercises and will do the others later this afternoon.  I had a physio appointment this morning, accompanied there by David, and it went well.  I had acupuncture and had a session on the clinic’s exercise bike, both of which have helped alleviate the pain.  Since coming home, we’ve watched a lot of the TV programme about the Queen, including a church service which is still on now.  It’s all very moving. I’ve also tackled the cryptic crossword but have more to do to it and have done computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.  I’m feeling really tired but at least I had a good walk to the physio clinic and back home again!

Dian, Your post from yesterday is on here, you'll be glad to know!

David did win both of his games yesterday at the terrain and so he's a very happy bunny!

I do agree with you that the Queen was very special and honest and that it'll be hard to fill her shoes.

Yesterday you watched the tv all morning about the Queen and now the King.  Son popped in for a chat and brought nice cakes.  That was kind of him.

So far today it is dry but think the rain is not far away.  Nothing much new here but have been watching the news about the Queen and now its the King.  She will be hard to replace so lets hope King Charles does as well.

It's good to know that your back has eased some.  Mine seems all right now.

David didn't go to the terrain today as it's not a club session day but he does often go there on his own to practise.

Strong winds where you are and you think they are keeping the rain away.

I know that Pauline will be having a nice time with her family.  I hope that Jean is all right and that Rita is having a good day.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Pauline
Pauline
Admin
https://nifty-fifties.forumotion.com

Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:50 am
Hello Everyone - Page 21 Bnt1hm10    Hello Ladies.  I actually got home on Monday evening, but knew I had to go out on Monday, so set about unpacking and getting things away and the washing done, so I was organised for the morning, so didn't get a chance to catch up on the pc.  Then yesterday had to move quickly to get other things organised before I went to the club, which included a fairly long phone call to Sharon (Roger's daughter), to talk to her about not being able to attend the Celebration of Life for her Dad next Monday.

Stephen picked me up on the Wednesday, bit too early for me to get to the centre to collect my ring and a bit too late to be able to call in there, as they close early.  When I was in Rugby we were going to discuss getting to Benfleet.  Well I had emailed Sharon after receiving her letter and then in Rugby, tried to phone her, but that number wasn't recognised, then Rachel tried emailing her from her new phone and eventually Sharon got back to Rachel and gave the correct number (the original one had contained two 7s where there should have been 2 6s.) Then the sad news came through about the Queen and we then had to wait to find out when the funeral would be.

We had decided to book an hotel in the Southend area for the Sunday night and travel down early on the Sunday and Rachel said I could show her the areas that I used to visit and stay at in my childhood and then it would be easy for us to attend the event on the Monday, but after realising the Queen's funeral would be on the Monday that we had planned to be in Benfleet, we knew that travellling (circumnavigating to the north of London from Northants to Essex) just might be awkward.  We had to bear in mind that although a lot of heads of state would be coming into the country at Heathrow or Gatwick on commercial flights as requested (and that is going to be a security nightmare), when it came to Joe Biden then there is no way he would do that and security would require him to travel on Air Force One and possibly land at one of the American air bases (and there are quite a few in the Anglian area), so there could be road closures and detours on the way.  Anyway, so when I got home I phoned Sharon yesterday morning and told her we thought it best not to attend, but we had a nice long chat and I have promised to send her some photos of her Mum and Dad, taken at my second wedding and some of those taken at Benfleet during my childhood with her Mum and Aunt and other members of the family, so plenty for me to do this week.

Enjoyed the time in Rugby and the tea at Stoneleigh Abbey for Rachel and myself. Photos show Rachel eyeing my scone (having eaten hers) and a couple of views of the place - and it absolutely poured down while we where there, but just a break in the rain, so I could take some of those photos.  The first one of the building is where we had the tea in the Orangery and then the view of the lake and you can see the puddles after the rain and before the next lot.  That Orangery had a glass roof and it was like sitting under a waterfall having that tea:-

Hello Everyone - Page 21 20220910  Hello Everyone - Page 21 20220912
Hello Everyone - Page 21 20220911

Also during the week we did some retail visiting and also a Dobbies garden centre (and of course, have come home with more plants), then on Saturday we all went to the old airfield market at Wellesbourne where I found some more plants - pansies for the hanging baskets - and then off to Leamington where they had a food festival and after that did the shopping for the Sunday dinner, followed by a pub meal out.  On Sunday Bob and Mary (those old friends of ours) came on a visit and for Sunday lunch and they brought me home in the evening.

Yesterday the club was okay, but coming away from there, too late again for the jewellers to collect the ring - they were already closed when I got there, so another job for later in the week, but did get some top up shopping done.  So that has brought you up-to-date with what I have been doing and now to read your posts and I will comment on those in a following post, because this one is long enough.
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:38 am
Hello Everyone - Page 21 For_la10  First of all, I have noticed that Jean hasn't posted while I have been away and do hope she still isn't suffering from those severe aches and pains, or getting too depressed about the upset with her son, Paul.  It is still early days for her since David's death and don't suppose the news about the Queen has helped.  All of the programmes are obviously concentrating on the news with regard to that and programmes are naturally full of it and we are still waiting for any definite decisions to be made by our new Prime Minister and her cabinet with regard to the worrying cost of living and energy bills, so it is a bit like living in limbo land at the moment for all of us.

Dian, busy time in Scotland at the moment with the Queen's death at Balmoral and you know perhaps it is naughty of me to comment at such a sad time, but I reckon our Queen was determined to die in Scotland and remind Nicola Sturgeon that she was the Queen of Scotland and also Queen of what at the moment is a United Kingdom.  I see there was no win for you at your Club last week and hope you will be lucky tomorrow.  Thursday bit of a shattering day for you and your friend, having been on a good shopping trip with plenty of walking done and on Friday you ended up with a bad back, so just a day indoors watching all of the news with regard to the death of our Queen.  You got some washing done on Saturday when the weather wasn't too bad, but you still had back trouble and also had been picking up the bags of windfall apples which you had given away to neighbours - that didn't do the back much good picking them all up.

So true what you have said, about the job that Charles now has to do, it is going to be so hard to follow in his Mother's shoes, because she was one great, tactful, diplomatic, determined and such a hard working lady and I think he is so aware of this.  I don't envy his life from now on, but my goodness, he and Camilla have soon started with packing so much in this week with all that has been going on and at this moment they are just arriving in Belfast.  Neither of them are youngsters either and I think he wants to keep that responsiblity off of William and Kate's shoulders for as long as he can.  

I see your son popped in for a chat on Sunday, bringing nice cakes with him, so that was enjoyable.  Strong winds yesterday which you were hoping would keep the rain away - we got rain here yesterday in between some sunshine.  I said earler about hoping you would be lucky with winning at your club this week, but of course, that is going to be closed for you.  Our one is closed next Monday, but we are still having the outing to Jeyes at Earls Barton village for the afternoon tea, but they are still going to collect the Monday subs on that day, because otherwise the club funds will start going down too much with the bank holidays we have had and the outings still planned for this year.

I do hope your back has improved and you feel that much better.

Going to post this one and then do another one after reading the messages from Barbara.      
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:52 am
Hello Everyone - Page 21 Flower16Pauline thjnk it wise not to go to Benfleet as I am sure there will be roads closed off ec .Yes it was so sudden for the Queen and I am sure lots of roads could be closed off
Still it was good to have a nice break. Hope you manage to get your ring. Laughed when I saw you had bought more plants Very Happy That was a  really nice break which you had

Jean do hope all is fine with you and Coco

Rita also hope everything is fine for you.

Barbara that was really good you got that physio appointment and got that good treatment .I am sure it will make a difference .You got your usual work done and more to do in the afternoon David and you watched more about the Queen

It is a bright morning but think we might have some rain too. Now off for a snack then hope to get some housework up to date. Showers off and on then some sunshine so hope the sunshine stays........have a good day ladies
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:50 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 21 Hellol10    Back again and fast approaching midday and reading your posts Barbara.

Barbara, plenty of rain and thunderstorms for you and temperatures now that much cooler and the gardens looking better for it all.  The Saturday while I was away, when we went to the market and food festival at Leamington, the sun was out on that day and we were back to the heat again.  I see that David came home drenched through after shopping, so you decided to cancel out the hair appointment for that day.  You have been carrying on with the exercises, but still having to be careful with the back problems you have.  Same for you on the Saturday with the sun returning, like I mentioned when we were at Leamington and I see that David managed to get some games in on that day.  Stephen had a golf competition to attend on the Thursday at another club in Derbyshire (plenty of rain on that day for him) and they did wonder if the competition they had planned for the Friday might be cancelled, but this went ahead as it was to raise funds for a local charity.  

Your back had started improving, but no walk for you on Saturday as you were both watching the t v coverage with regard to the Royal events.  Such a sad time and one we all knew we would have to face sooner than later, but wished we never did have to hear that news that we would lose that amazing lady.  Sunday another sunny day for you with the garden looking much greener once again and yes it was sunny on Sunday in Rugby, but I arrived home in the evening with the lift from Bob and Mary, to find leaves had started falling and were covering a lot of my garden.  You kept up the exercises on that day and was planning to tackle the general knowledge crossword, deal with computer work and the same as all of us, watched more of the t v coverage.  

Yesterday you had the physio appointment that went well and you had a session on the exercise bike and received the acupuncture, which has all helped to ease the pain, besides walking there and back from the clinic and getting on with your usual things, plus watching more coverage about the Queen.  The trouble is that things will never be quite the same without her in the world.  I can remember the funeral of her father.  At that time my mother was working for an estate agents in Catford and the owner of that firm was a member of the Constitutional Club where they had it relayed onto a larger screen (black and white of course), but I can remember seeing that scene with the then Dowager Queen Mary, the then Queen Mother and our new Queen, along with Margaret and now they have all gone. Also in the following year, saw the Coronation t v coverage in the same way. I see that David won both of his games on Sunday, in good weather, so was happy about that.

I am wondering if you did email Jean and whether you have received an answer from her and think I will also email her to see how she is.

Dian, I see you have posted today while I have been typing this.  Thanks for the email funnies again and will look at them after finishing this.  See it has been a bright morning for you, but very much showers and sun and you are hoping the sun stays and you are planning to tackle some housework after you have had a snack.  I though you would find it amusing about the plants I had bought - still it will make me get on with the Autumn clean up in the garden  Wink.

Think I have caught up with you all now and must away and get on with working out the finances next and seeing what I spent while I was away, but think a coffee and sandwich are called for first as it is now afternoon..  Hope you all have a good day.  

Last edited by Pauline on Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:53 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We had a cloudy start to the day today but then the rain started in the later morning and it’s been raining on and off ever since.  Whilst I’m glad we’re having some rain now after however many weeks that it didn’t rain at all, it’s not so good when we get too much of it in one go!

David did the essential shopping early this morning and I did some of my physio exercises.  After that, we walked to our bank so that I could carry out a transaction in there.  We just got back home in time before the rain started!  We’ve been watching the TV coverage of the various ceremonies in the different parts of the UK in memory of the Queen.  The one that’s taking place now is in Northern Ireland.  It’s all very moving.  I feel sorry for King Charles and the rest of the Royal Family who are having to travel to the various venues to do their duty.  I’ve also tackled the cryptic crossword but still have more to do; and have done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.

I have a hospital appointment tomorrow afternoon to do with my glaucoma and will be having the usual routine tests, all of which I hope will have normal results.

Pauline, You actually got home on Monday evening, but knew you had to go out on Monday, so set about unpacking and getting things away and the washing done, so you were organised for the morning, so didn't get a chance to catch up on the pc.  Then yesterday had to move quickly to get other things organised before you went to the club, which included a fairly long phone call to Sharon (Roger's daughter), to talk to her about not being able to attend the Celebration of Life for her Dad next Monday.

Stephen picked you up on the Wednesday, bit too early for you to get to the centre to collect your ring and a bit too late to be able to call in there, as they close early.  When you were in Rugby you were going to discuss getting to Benfleet.  Well you had emailed Sharon after receiving her letter and then in Rugby, tried to phone her, but that number wasn't recognised, then Rachel tried emailing her from her new phone and eventually Sharon got back to Rachel and gave the correct number (the original one had contained two 7s where there should have been 2 6s.) Then the sad news came through about the Queen and you then had to wait to find out when the funeral would be.

You had decided to book an hotel in the Southend area for the Sunday night and travel down early on the Sunday and Rachel said you could show her the areas that you used to visit and stay at in your childhood and then it would be easy for you to attend the event on the Monday, but after realising the Queen's funeral would be on the Monday that you had planned to be in Benfleet, you knew that travellling (circumnavigating to the north of London from Northants to Essex) just might be awkward.  You had to bear in mind that although a lot of heads of state would be coming into the country at Heathrow or Gatwick on commercial flights as requested (and that is going to be a security nightmare), when it came to Joe Biden then there is no way he would do that and security would require him to travel on Air Force One and possibly land at one of the American air bases (and there are quite a few in the Anglian area), so there could be road closures and detours on the way.  Anyway, so when you got home you phoned Sharon yesterday morning and told her you thought it best not to attend, but you had a nice long chat and you have promised to send her some photos of her Mum and Dad, taken at your second wedding and some of those taken at Benfleet during your childhood with her Mum and Aunt and other members of the family, so plenty for you to do this week.

Enjoyed the time in Rugby and the tea at Stoneleigh Abbey for Rachel and yourself. Photos show Rachel eyeing your scone (having eaten hers) and a couple of views of the place - and it absolutely poured down while you where there, but just a break in the rain, so you could take some of those photos.  The first one of the building is where you had the tea in the Orangery and then the view of the lake and you can see the puddles after the rain and before the next lot.  That Orangery had a glass roof and it was like sitting under a waterfall having that tea.

Also during the week you did some retail visiting and also a Dobbies garden centre (and of course, have come home with more plants), then on Saturday you all went to the old airfield market at Wellesbourne where you found some more plants - pansies for the hanging baskets - and then off to Leamington where they had a food festival and after that did the shopping for the Sunday dinner, followed by a pub meal out.  On Sunday Bob and Mary (those old friends of yours) came on a visit and for Sunday lunch and they brought you home in the evening.

Yesterday the club was okay, but coming away from there, too late again for the jewellers to collect the ring - they were already closed when you got there, so another job for later in the week, but did get some top up shopping done.

Yes, it really has been a sad time since we had the news of the Queen's passing.  I can't believe how sad it made me feel and it made me wish I could've met her.  She was truly an amazing lady!

I don't remember anything about George VI but was at school when our Queen was crowned.  We had the day off school (Hooray!) and all the children at my school were given a special toy which was a picture of a coach and horses, with people in the coach, and when you turned a handle, the coach moved.  It was quite fascinating to me although I don't suppose the toy lasted very long.  That's about all I can remember of that time.

I'm still waiting for the steroid injection and it's about time I gave the relevant department a ring just to let them know that I still exist!

I'm sorry but with everything that's been going on, I didn't get round to emailing Jean.  I do hope she's all right.

Dian, You had a bright morning but thought you might have some rain too.  After posting, you went off for a snack then hoped to get some housework up to date.  Showers off and on then some sunshine so hope the sunshine stays.

I hope that Rita is having a good day.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:49 am
Hello Everyone - Page 21 81323121I have just lost a long post grrr
Pauline you will be busy planting your new plants up  Hope you manage to get your ring

Jean hope al is god with you

Barbara do hope al goes well for you today at the hospital .David did the essential shopping then you both visited your Bank You did your exercises also worked on your mobile and computer and tackled your cryptic crossword

Rita have a god day

This computer playing up so making a quick exit before I lose another post
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:02 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 21 Oie_gl76    Good Afternoon Ladies.

Here in Northampton it was stated that the flight bringing the Queen's coffin to London, would pass over Northampton.  Well I didn't see this because it was slightly more towards the west of us, but strangely enough, the night before last I was standing outside in the garden quite late with my cup of coffee, having had a long day (catching up with the things on the computer and the finances) and I am used to the flight paths over my house, which usually are diagonally right to left or the reverse, going into or leaving Birmingham, East Midlands, etc., but there was a really heavy aircraft noise and this went straight over my house (front to back), which isn't a regular flight path and it was a very large military aircraft flying fairly low (under regular flight paths), so I reckon that was the one going North to Edinburgh.  The fact that it was a heavy, large military aircraft left me wondering, but possibly now got the answer.

Caught up with Anne this morning and all of the news about her and daughter Rebecca, with regard to their forthcoming ops and treatment and have arranged to go and see her on Friday about midday, with her birthday card, after some more top up shopping at the centre, calling in the bank and at last picking up my ring.

At the moment I am watching the start of the troops marching toward Buckingham Palace for the removal of the coffin to Westminster Hall and of course, as usual, all so smart and in time.  Such a fantastic sight and good to watch.

Barbara, as you have said, after weeks with that heat and no rain, it is good to see it, but not so much all at once and today here we are now back to a very sunny warm day, but yesterday David managed to get the shopping without being drenched and then you both walked to the bank for you to carry out some transactions and you both got back without being caught in it.  Like all of us, you watched more t v coverage and I feel so sorry for King Charles and Camilla, who are having to go from one place to another, without a break.  Not easy at their age, but I suppose being kept busy gets all of us through the grief of losing our loved ones.  Hope the hospital appointment goes well for you today and hope the results for the glaucoma tests are normal. It sounded as though you got a much better gift for the coronation than I did, mine was just a pink plastic cup, saucer and small plate with the royal emblem and the Queen's head printed on it. Somewhere I still have the plate, but all of the emblems got washed off of it long ago.

Dian, I though you would laugh about those plants and this morning I have had to water them as it is so sunny and they are still waiting for attention.  Don't think I will get a chance to deal with those until Saturday. See your computer is playing up and I have had a lot of trouble with mine this morning.  First of all the antivirus was updating, then it ran through a security check and after that one of the other security scans started, so that was about 2 and half hours before I could start anything and then I had trouble getting into my google emails and had to get a code from google, who were telling me someone was trying to get into my account - yes me with a lot of difficulty Rolling Eyes.  Mine is okay now and hope yours gets back to normal.

Must away now ladies, because I need to shampoo and set my hair and then get on with some housework.  Got my daughter coming down tomorrow for another meeting, so hope that goes well.  Have a good day.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:17 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 21 Hwfqtq24Pauline do hope all goes well with your daughter. That was interesting in seeing the plane which would carry the Queen back to London from Scotland .Nice to see so many people in paying their respect to their Queen. Hope you do get your ring and hope it fits well .
Yes King  Charles and Camilla are having a tough time in keeping up with all their commitments as they are not so young now .

Barbara do hope you and David are having a good day with no problems

Jean hope your having a good day with Coco

Thinking of you Rita.

I am not long in as my S_I_L took me to my Dentist and also the  hygienist  who was pleased with my teeth. We then had a nice drive to a water reservoir where there is a lovely cafe and enjoyed a nice snack there and the sun was shining so nice with a lovely blue sky then took me home so really enjoyed the outing. I had  got a small washing out on the line so now off to take it in.
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:41 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We’ve had a mostly cloudy day today although the sun did shine for a while this morning and into early afternoon.  We’ve had no rain today but have had enough recently for the gardens to be back to a nice shade of green.

Yesterday I had my glaucoma appointment at Moorfields in Purley.  As usual, I found the travel on public transport very stressful.  We have to take a tram and then a bus to Purley.  The fact that I can't walk quickly, coupled with the impatience of some of the other passengers, and with other passengers being awkward and standing in the doorways when we're trying to get on or off the transport, makes it all very difficult.  The appointment itself went sort of well!  The problems were that the computers were down and also only one of the two scanners was working.  The technician tried to get the first one working but he was unsuccessful.  The second one did work but by then, quite a bit of time had elapsed, and I still had an eye test to be done and had to wait a long time for that.  We then left the hospital and headed for the bus stop, to find that it was surrounded by school children and it was like bedlam!  Eventually the bus came along and we were only able to get on it because a girl in front of us saw my walking stick and she let us go first.  There were a lot of boys who'd otherwise have barged in front of us!

Well, that's my moan for the day.  I was told by one of the technicians that I'll be receiving a letter in the next six weeks, giving me the test results and presumably also giving the date of my next appointment.

David did the essential shopping early this morning.  After breakfast, I did the first set of my physio exercises and then David and I walked into Addiscombe, where I collected a prescription from one pharmacy and then we walked to another pharmacy where we booked our Covid boosters and also enquired about our ‘flu jabs, for which we don’t need to have appointments.  We can just walk in there.  On the way back home, we went into our nice local cafe for a cup of coffee each, mainly because I needed to sit down for a while, as my leg was hurting.  I still have had no word from the hospital about having a steroid injection in my knee.  We’ve watched some TV this afternoon, including some items on the news about all the people who’ve travelled from far and wide to pay their respects to the Queen in her coffin in Westminster Hall.  Her funeral is to be held on Monday.  I still can’t believe we won’t be seeing her again on our TV screens, going out and about throughout the UK.  I’ve also tackled the cryptic crossword and have done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.

Dian, I'm sorry to hear that you lost a long post in here yesterday.  That's just so annoying!  I'm also sorry that you had to make a quick exit from here before you lost another post, as your computer was playing up.

You were not long in as today your S_I_L took you to your Dentist and also the hygienist who was pleased with your teeth. You then had a nice drive to a water reservoir where there is a lovely cafe and enjoyed a nice snack there and the sun was shining so nice with a lovely blue sky then took you home so really enjoyed the outing. IYou had got a small washing out on the line so after posting, you went off to take it in.

Pauline, In Northampton it was stated that the flight bringing the Queen's coffin to London, would pass over Northampton.  Well you didn't see this because it was slightly more towards the west of where you are, but strangely enough, on the night in question, you were standing outside in the garden quite late with your cup of coffee, having had a long day (catching up with the things on the computer and the finances) and you are used to the flight paths over your house, which usually are diagonally right to left or the reverse, going into or leaving Birmingham, East Midlands, etc., but there was a really heavy aircraft noise and this went straight over your house (front to back), which isn't a regular flight path and it was a very large military aircraft flying fairly low (under regular flight paths), so you reckon that was the one going North to Edinburgh.  The fact that it was a heavy, large military aircraft left you wondering, but possibly now got the answer.

Caught up with Anne yesterday morning and all of the news about her and daughter Rebecca, with regard to their forthcoming ops and treatment and have arranged to go and see her on Friday about midday, with her birthday card, after some more top up shopping at the centre, calling in the bank and at last picking up your ring.

While posting, you were watching the start of the troops marching toward Buckingham Palace for the removal of the coffin to Westminster Hall and of course, as usual, all so smart and in time.  Such a fantastic sight and good to watch.

Like you, I feel so sorry to King Charles and Camilla, with all the travelling they've had to do around the UK, and without a break.  I guess you're right that keeping busy probably helped them through their grief, but still, it must've been hard going at their ages.

I hope you're having a pleasant day today with your daughter.

Have you heard anything from Jean?

I've seen a post from Rita in another part of this site.  She realised she was in the wrong place but it's good that she tried to get in touch with us.   That was all she said and so I don't know how she is.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Thu Sep 15, 2022 7:34 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 21 B488m611    Hello Ladies.

Meeting went well today with Susi, but there is still this void between her and Stephen, which only they can sort out, but we will see if time can do a bit of healing in the future.  Tomorrow I have promised to visit Anne wih her birthday card after I have done that top up shopping and finally collected my ring and this morning did get the time to strip the bed and get some washing done, which has been drying outside in the sunshine, but a bit nippy out there now with a chilly breeze and am going to get the airer in after this and then get upstairs to make the bed before I forget that.

I have received an email from Rita and have quickly written back to her and said that I will write fully at some point over the weekend.  I have asked her if I can copy and paste her email on here, but am waiting for her permission, but she did ask me to remember her to you and is still very worried about her memory loss.  I also must get a chance to email Jean and see what is going on with her.  Just got a reply back from Rita and she says that is okay this time, but prefers to email privately rather than post on here, because her memory is so bad:-

"Hello Pauline. Sorry for long delay in being in touch. I never seem to know which day it is - I have a daily calendar on wall which keeps me right.  Today I went to use the microwave and forgot  what to do, so I had to find the instruction book.I am ok and hope you and your family are all well. I had gardener come this morning to cut high overgrown hedges. .
In Canada. Niece Sue went there at weekend and Monday they were in restaurant when Leigh's husband collapsed and had night in hospital -  mini stroke. Think he will be alright. My son Peter had op. on his nose for sun damage cancer  he has to go back for check up and it is healing nicely.
I have been watching TV today and will be picked up by car to go to church to watch funeral there with others.  Much better than watching it alone.
I am very worried about my failing memory, saw Dr then someone came to see me but I've heard no more.  I am ok otherwise.
I don't do.much these days, keep house clean and go Sainsburys. But I think it's the same for many old folks. No complaints..  please pass on my regards to cyber friends just can't think of names.  Bye all best wishes. Rita."

Dian, as you can see, things went well with Susi, but still a lot of misunderstanding between her and her brother, but time might sort it out.  That plane I saw was definitely one of the large Globemasters and I have seen one of them coming into Brize Norton once when passing there, so recognised it straight away, so when I realised it was one of them bringing the coffin down from Scotland the next day, I realised that is what it could have been.  There was a post on Facebook today and a couple of photos, from a lady I know who lives in one of the villages to the west of me and they did see it travelling down when they were out taking their dog for a walk.  As you say, it is nice seeing so many people paying their respects, both in Edinburgh and London.  Often the rehearsals for state occasions such as this, take place through the years in the early hours of the morning in London and have seen some of the  footage of the rehearsals over the last couple of days.  Where I worked at one point in London, was at the bottom of Victoria Street, opposite Parliament Square and the traffic lights were right under the window where I worked and in the mornings you could hear the horses out for exercise from the Wellington barracks and it was quite amusing to see them stopped at the traffic lights.  Good to read that all was well with your teeth and then you and your s-i-l (who took you for the appointment) both enjoyed a trip to one of the water reservoirs, where there was a nice cafe and you both enjoyed a snack there before returning home.  Glad your washing had dried while you were out and now comes the ironing.  I have just stopped to bring mine in and got it hanging on the airer indoors for a while, as it is a bit cold and needs warming up before I know what is dry enough to put away (not a lot of ironing from that lot, thank goodness)

Barbara, you mentioning about no rain for the last couple of days, unless we get more here tonight then I am going to have to water a lot of the planters in the morning, as the wind has been drying everything out again and in fact I did water the new plants last evening and some of the flower baskets, because they were wilting again.  Sorry to read the travelling for you yesterday was so stressful.  Yes some people aren't at all understanding if you cannot move quickly and there are others as you say, that don't stand clear of the doors when you are trying to get off.  Then the machines at Moorfields, not working properly and a long wait for the eye test too, plus the bedlam having to travel with the school children home - agree that is a particular nightmare, particularly from the boys.  Margaret at the club at times catches another number bus from me that goes a slightly quicker route to the bus staton in town, as she needs to catch another bus to where she lives and on Monday she said to me that she wasn't going to catch the 2 bus any longer, because when the two large schools on that route turned out - she said it was absolute bedlam.  If I unfortunately time my getting home after shopping at the time when they are all turning out of the Senior Acadamy near there, then I either wait until they are cleared or walk him.  Eventually most of them turn into human beings as they get older Evil or Very Mad.  Let's hope the results of the tests are good for you, but see it will be about 6 weeks before you know.  After David doing the essential shopping and you getting through the first set of exercises today, you both walked into Addiscome to collect a prescription and then to another pharmacy to book for the booster covid jabs and the flu jabs you apparently can just walk in there for them.  On return you went into your favourite cafe, not only for a drink, but also because your knee was starting to hurt and you are still waiting for the first steroid injection - what a time that is taking.  Yes me too, still watching t v coverage with regard to the Queen and I am still finding it unreal that we won't be seeing her addressing us on our t vs.  At least we do live in an age of filming, so we will still have televised memories to see, but I think it is really only going to hit all of us after her funeral takes place and that is going to be a miserable time.  At least Charles and William managed to get a break today in their own homes.  Glad you spotted that from Rita and I hadn't spotted that and yes, she did think she was in the wrong place and that is why she emailed me and I will answer her fully over the weekend and am emailing Jean directlly after this.

Must away now ladies and get that email off to Jean and hope you both have a restul evening.  
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:03 am
I had missed you all somehow.

On Monday I had a funny turn whilst up Barrie's and had to come home.  Could not drive to the choir, rang docs, no appointments, so rang 111, who eventually put me through to docs.  They said they would come here if I could not get up there for the B12 jab. hopefully will get there today.  Have not had other jabs yet because could not drive up there since pulling that muscle.

I am tired.  The doc then phoned and took me off two diabetic pills and I am so tired now.  Have to keep checking blood sugar.

Have read all the posts.
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:09 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

Our weather here is slowly starting to get a big chillier but fortunately we haven’t reached that stage yet.  It is chilly at times but we also have lovely sunshine at times, which keeps us feeling warm.

David did the essential shopping early this morning.  After breakfast, I did the first set of my physio exercises, and following doing those, David and I went out for a walk into Addiscombe to do some shopping.  We’ve watched a fair bit of the coverage of the Queen’s “journey” towards the date of her funeral, which is on Monday next. King Charles and Camilla, his Queen Consort, are doing a sterling job of visiting England and the other 3 countries of the UK, and meeting as many of the public as possible, and attending church services in all of them.  I think they must be fairly exhausted by now!  I’ve also tackled the cryptic crossword but have more to do to it, which I shall do later this afternoon.  I shall also do the second set of my physio exercises.  In addition, I’ve done some computer work on my mobile phone and my laptop, including doing an update on the latter.  David didn’t go to the terrain this afternoon to play in the club session, as he had other things that had to be done.  He’ll be playing in an all day competition tomorrow, however.

Pauline, Meeting went well yesterday with Susi, but there is still this void between her and Stephen, which only they can sort out, but we will see if time can do a bit of healing in the future.  Tomorrow you have promised to visit Anne wih her birthday card after you have done that top up shopping and finally collected your ring and yesterday morning did get the time to strip the bed and get some washing done, which has been drying outside in the sunshine, but a bit nippy out there now with a chilly breeze and you are going to get the airer in after this and then get upstairs to make the bed before you forget that.

You have received an email from Rita and have quickly written back to her and said that you will write fully at some point over the weekend.  You have asked her if you can copy and paste her email on here, but are waiting for her permission, but she did ask you to remember her to us all and is still very worried about her memory loss.  You also must get a chance to email Jean and see what is going on with her.  Just got a reply back from Rita and she says that is okay this time, but prefers to email privately rather than post on here, because her memory is so bad.

I hope you were able to water your planters that had dried out due to a lack of rain for a few days and being blown by the wind.  I'm amazed at how green our lawn stayed, although there were some bald patches in there.  Now it's back to its usual green self, which is good to see.

I'm glad to hear that most of the school children who cause chaos at places like bus stops after school do turn out to be human beings as they get older!

Jean, On Monday you had a funny turn whilst up Barries and had to come home.  Could not drive to the choir.  Rang doscs, no appointments so rang 111, who eventually put you through to docs.  They said they would come here if you could not get up there for the B12 jab.  Hopefully will get there today.  Have not had other jabs yet because could not drive up there since pulling that muscle.

You are tired.  The doc then phoned and took you off two diabetic pills and you are so tired now.  Have to keep checking blood sugar.

You have read all the posts.

It's good that Pauline has had an email from Rita and I hope she gets the help she needs for her memory problems.

I hope that Dian is all right.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:51 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 21 Glitte16   Hello Ladies. Another tiring day and didn't get up that early this morning after a late time going to bed.  Stephen and Rachel rang fairly late to see how the meeting went with Susi, of course, got Stephen's advice  Rolling Eyes, on the entire situation, which I didn't need - dealing with two adult children on one day was a bit tiring!!!  Anyway, only managed to clear a couple of things this morning on the computer and then got the bus over to see Ann.  She had Becky and Matt there - her two children - and we had a good chat and a welcome cup of coffee while I was there and then walked back from there on the nice leafy tree walk to the centre.  Used to do that twice a day going and coming from work at the centre, when I lived at Standens Barn, where Ann is, but these days find it much more tiring and takes me longer.  Anyway got to the centre, did the shopping, went to the bank and collected my ring and am now home and catching up again on the computer, having put the shopping away and got my meal cooking.  I must say that having not taken any pain killers last night I am getting several aches and pains now, so won't be that long working and catching up on the computer before I go up for a nice warm bath and get to bed earlier tonight.

Jean, good to see you posting and I did managed to get the email off to you this morning, after starting it last evening and then one of the virus checkers started up, so had to leave that and wait until this morning and then found you had posted.  I just hope your health starts improving soon and you get the jabs that you are supposed to have.

Barbara, the weather is certainly turning quickly now, although I still have a good show from my flower baskets and some of the tubs, but leaves down all over the garden and the grass bank outside my gate is completely covered and that wind has been very chilly today and getting colder tonight.  After David doing the shopping and you getting through the first set of your exercises, you both went for a walk into Addiscombe to do some shopping.  You have both been watching quite a bit of coverage with regard to the coming funeral and King Charles and Camilla are dong such sterling work, along with other members of the Royal family.  I notice that Camilla had lower heeled shoes on today in Wales and I have caught up with some of it since getting home.  Well done too David Beckham for lining up for 12 hours with the public and not taking a chance of a quick visit like other well known people.

Hope Dian is okay today and expect she might be out on her Friday trip.

Wishing you all a restful evening.  
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:58 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 21 63708422Just a quick hello as have had a busy day and did not get home till back of 5.Daughter picked me up back of 9 then picked my friend up. We went to shopping where we usually go with the shops we like .Daughter dropped off friend then took me to hairdressers .Nobody could pick me up and was supposed to take taxi back but of course did my own thing and took the bus home. Pleased that I did but was shattered
I have read your posts but too tired to reply so wishing you all a good night
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:31 am
[url=https://servimg.com/view/20102617/1143]Hello Everyone - Page 21 Q3z8w110[/url]Pauline  that was a nice catch up with Ann and good you did get your ring. No wonder you were having pains after all that walking. Good it went quite well with Susi too. Great you still have a good show with your flower baskets .Afraid I have just got a few which are still flowering .

Jean sorry to hear you are still in so much pain so do hope you get it sorted out

Rita hope your having a nice weekend

Barbara do hope David wins his games today. That was good you got out shopping with David .You also got your exercises done and your usual work on crosswords and work on the computer and your mobile too.Yes afraid winter not too far off now and I notice the chill at night now even though nice in the sun during the day

Now really need to get a move on as lots more apples have fallen Mad I have given lots away and must get round to cooking some myself .Pleased got my perm yesterday and pleased I did manage on and off the bus also the walk from the bus stop but really did feel so tired when I got in. Sad episode at the hairdressers which is on a really busy road. There was this terrible screaming started and we did not know what had happened The hairdresser ran out as she thought someone was getting attacked .Turns out  a small dog got ran over and killed. Their door was left open and it had run out after the girls mum who by now was also screaming that it was her fault. The poor driver was shocked too as he had no chance of avoiding it.It was killed instantly which was a mercy. So so sad
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:07 am
Hello Everyone - Page 21 Oie_gl77 Hi Ladies.  I have got a bit more catching up to do re emails and finances and then hope to get a bit of time in the garden.  Very chilly this morning and through the night, so will be well wrapped up out there.  Although the sun is shining there is still that nippy breeze.

Dian glad you enjoyed your day out yesterday with your daughter and your friend and although you were supposed to be catching a taxi home after your hair appointment, you managed doing it your way and getting the bus home, but can see that you were tired after all of that.  Like me you are planning garden work today, which includes picking up more apples and you intend to not only give more away, but cook some of them yourself.  Trouble I have is that all of the baskets are blooming so well and I hate to disturb them, but got to be done, so will try and put the contents of them in some spare planters.  Facing some digging up of some plants too and transplanting them to more ideal places and then getting in the new delphinium and heuchera.  That was so sad about the dog being killed while you were at the hairdressers - shock for everyone involved.  I expect you feel so pleased this morning, not having to do much with your hair to get that in order, after the perm.  Having done mine in July, ready for the wedding and now being well into September, it is getting to the stage when I have to start trimming it again and planning for the next perm and hopefully can get through to at least early November before I do the next one.  Good luck with the apple gathering.

Hi to you Jean, Barbara and Rita and hope all of you have a good Saturday.
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:01 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We’re having a lovely sunny day here today although the temperatures are certainly going down.  We’ve had no rain for a few days but our gardens are still nice and green.  We may need some more rain soon, though.

David did the essential shopping early this morning.  After breakfast, I did the first set of my physio exercises.  David went to the terrain to play in the Club’s Drawn Pairs all day competition.  Pairings are drawn to make up teams for the whole day in this competition.  In a lot of the Club’s other competitions, everyone changes partners at the end of each round, and this form of competition is called a Melee.  I do hope that David is doing well!  I’ve also tackled the cryptic crossword and have nearly completed it.  I shall have another go at it later this afternoon, along with doing the second set of my physio exercises.  I’ve also had a good clear out of a lot of old documents and it felt very satisfying!  In addition, I’ve done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.  When I’ve finished on here, I’m going to make myself a nice cup of coffee!

Pauline, You had another tiring day yesterday and didn't get up that early in the morning after a late time going to bed.  Stephen and Rachel rang fairly late to see how the meeting went with Susi, of course, got Stephen's advice, on the entire situation, which you didn't need - dealing with two adult children on one day was a bit tiring!!!  Anyway, only managed to clear a couple of things yesterday morning on the computer and then got the bus over to see Ann.  She had Becky and Matt there - her two children - and you had a good chat and a welcome cup of coffee while you were there and then walked back from there on the nice leafy tree walk to the centre.  Used to do that twice a day going and coming from work at the centre, when you lived at Standens Barn, where Ann is, but these days find it much more tiring and takes you longer.  Anyway got to the centre, did the shopping, went to the bank and collected your ring and then went home to catch up again on the computer, having put the shopping away and got your meal cooking.  You must say that having not taken any pain killers the night before you were getting several aches and pains, so won't be that long working and catching up on the computer before you went up for a nice warm bath and got to bed earlier last night.

I'm glad you were able to get your ring at long last.

Today you had a bit more catching up to do re emails and finances and then hoped to get a bit of time in the garden.  Very chilly this morning and through the night, so would be well wrapped up out there.  Although the sun was shining there is still that nippy breeze.

Dian, Just a quick hello yesterday as you had had a busy day and did not get home till back of 5.  Daughter picked you up back of 9 then picked your friend up.  You went to shopping where you usually go with the shops you like.  Daughter dropped off friend then took you to hairdressers.  Nobody could pick you up and were supposed to take taxi back but of course did your own thing and took the bus home. Pleased that you did but were shattered.

You have read our posts but too tired to reply so wishing us all a good night.

After posting today, you really needed to get a move on as lots more apples had fallen.   You have given lots away and must get round to cooking some yourself.  Pleased got your perm yesterday and pleased you did manage on and off the bus also the walk from the bus stop but really did feel so tired when you got in.  Sad episode at the hairdressers which is on a really busy road. There was this terrible screaming started and we did not know what had happened.  The hairdresser ran out as she thought someone was getting attacked.  Turns out a small dog got ran over and killed.  Their door was left open and it had run out after the girls mum who by now was also screaming that it was her fault. The poor driver was shocked too as he had no chance of avoiding it.  It was killed instantly which was a mercy.  So so sad.  Yes, that was certainly very sad and must have been a shock to everyone too.

I hope that Jean is all right and that Rita is having a good day.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:46 am
Went to Norwich yesterday and had a super time, but on Friday the nurse told me to leave off all my tablets for diabetes from 2000 grms to none, so I am a bit scared.

Coco had a lovely time in Norwich seeing her doggie friends.
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:30 am
Good Morning everyone!

We have a nice sunny day here today again but it’s still a bit chilly.  We still could do with some rain.

David did the essential shopping early this morning.  After breakfast, I did the first set of my physio exercises and will do the second set later on today.  David has gone to the terrain to play in the club session.  He came 3rd in yesterday’s competition and was a bit disappointed but he’ll do better next time there’s a competition, I’m sure.  I hope this lovely sunny weather holds out until this afternoon.  We may be able to have a walk out then.  I’ve still to tackle the general knowledge crossword and will also do that later today.  I’ve done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.

The Queen’s funeral will take place tomorrow.  It’s going to be a very sad day indeed.

Jean, I'm glad you had a super time when you went to Norwich yesterday.  However, on Friday the nurse told you to leave off all your tablets for diabeties from 2000 grms to none so you are a bit scared.  Did the nurse give any reason for that?  As you're worried about it, and because you presumably won't be able to speak to your GP until Tuesday, because of the Queen's funeral taking place tomorrow, you could ring 111 to get some advice.

It's good that Coco had a lovely time in Norwich seeing her doggie friends.

I hope that Dian,  Pauline and Rita are all having a good day.

Lots of love to all!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:32 pm
[size=24]Hello Everyone - Page 21 Cqvrhw46Hope everyone has had a nice day .I do not know just where my day went today.

Pauline just know you will have been busy.Yes Pauline do agree Queen wanted to die in Scotland and bet Sturgeon was mad especially as Queen got a great turn out in Scotland

Barbara pity David did not win but maybe next time .Good you got your exercises done and your usual work. Do hope the weather stayed fine for you to have your walk. Yes will be a sad time for the Royal family. Still it was nice she has had so many people waiting for hours to pay their respect

Jean that was good you and Coco had a super day out .

Rita hope your having a good weekend

Turned out another dry day so got more apples lifted and gave them to another neighbour who was pleased to get them .Getting lifted at 9am tomorrow morning as going to daughters house to watch the Queens funeral .She also has another few friends going to so looking forward to that as nice to have company. Hope the weather stays dry for all tomorrow.
[/size]
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum