Nifty Fifties Plus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Hello Everyone Empty Hello Everyone

Sat May 07, 2022 11:54 am
The weather is dull and looks like rain.Glad I got on here ok.  Yesterday had a dizzy spell or two, so rang the docs to be told blood tests.  Now this person is again testing me for gout, this test I have had before , so know it is not that.  Have taken Coco out and I am worn out.  Not done much today.  Have read all posts.

Maybe I will get to Barbara on messenger one day!!!
Pauline
Pauline
Admin
https://nifty-fifties.forumotion.com

Hello Everyone Empty Re: Hello Everyone

Sat May 07, 2022 2:56 pm
Hello Everyone Iwtsgo10   Good Afternoon Ladies.  Yesterday I did a lot more work on the jewellery from the craft room and a bit more work in the garden  Started on clipping the longer grass around the edges, but had to leave that as rain arrived, which wasn't that heavy, but during the night we had more and hope to get the grass finished today and some dead heading done.

Rita,  same here with not going many places, but I usually find things to do to keep me occupied, the same as you and just chatting on about daily things and some of the up-to-date news, keeps us in contact with one another and as Dian has said, you would be missed if you didn't look in. Hope you got the call from the doctor and that is such a bad service (or should say non service) from Age UK and I reckon you should demand your money back.  Is there no one else locally who perhaps uses a private gardener and can recommend them to you?

Barbara usual things for you and David yeserday and glad to read that your parcel did arrive.  I hope that getting a Mayor appointed just might start to make things that much better for Croydon.  All I can say is that the phoning in at 8 yesterday did work for me and hope that continues.  Just seen your post arrive today, while I was adding that bit about an eye test at the end of my post.  Not such good weather for you at the moment and due to that you opted not to go for a walk and got on with your excercises and tackled the cryptic crossword and David has gone to the terrain in the hope that it doesn't rain.

Jean, hope you feel better today and the dizzy spells don't return.  See it is more blood tests for you.  Well it is still sunny here at the moment, but with a few clouds around.

Dian, that is the trouble having lunch in the garden centre with your granddaughter, it is very difficult to resist buying plants and see you bought some and managed to get them in the garden when you got home and ended up watering the entire garden.   We have an outing booked with our Monday Club in June, to visit a garden centre and bet I end up buying something there.  I see the weather isn't so good your way today and hope you get the washing dry that was in the machine this morning, due to stripping the bed.

Forgot to say that on Thursday I did book an appointment for my eye test this month in Boots, but was blocked at the door with the usual temporary stand barring the way and then one of the staff asked if I had an appointment and I told him that I wanted to book one as my annual eye test was due.  He said that there were none until June and would that be okay?  I replied that no it wasn't, so I got invited in and said that I really used to have a yearly test in March, but due to hold ups with regard to the pandemic and getting in to have the last pair (which were posted to me) altered, as the fit wasn't quite right, everything kept being put back and guess what, I have an appointment booked for my test this month.  Pays to not agree with what you are first offered!!

Off to the garden now ladies and on with the grass clipping and hope you enjoy the rest of the afternoon and evening. 

Last edited by Pauline on Sat May 07, 2022 3:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Sat May 07, 2022 3:00 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

Our weather today has been mixed.  We had some rain overnight and the early morning was cloudy and grey and it looked like rain.  The sun came out for a short time but then the cloud was back and so was the greyness!  We’ve had no actual rain but it’s been pretty miserable all day.

David did the essential shopping early this morning and then we debated whether or not to go for a walk but I opted not to, as it did look like rain for a long time.  I did my first set of exercises after breakfast and tackled (and almost finished) the cryptic crossword.  There are only 2 clues left to solve and I shall have another go later on!  I’ve also worked at my computer.  After lunch, David went to play Petanque at the terrain.  So far the weather has stayed dry for him and I hope he wins all his games!

Rita, yesterday, you were sitting by your phone waiting for phone call from Doctor, just hoping that you could hear her/understand her, when she does call you. It will be on your mobile phone,  but you do not want to carry it round house with you.  You have  difficulty on phone and yesterday morning had hoped to walk to surgery (30 mins walk) but, of course,  these days cannot see Dr so was told that she would phone you yesterday afternoon.  Did the doctor phone you eventually, Rita?

The gardener did not come as it was raining, but you are annoyed as you have had no word as to when he might come again.

Please don't stop posting in here, Rita.  Your posts are as valuable as anyone else's and I enjoy reading them.

Dian, granddaughter picked you up at one then you went to a nice garden centre where you had a nice  lunch then spent a couple of hours wandering round it.  They did have lovely plants and yes you did buy more.  Really youI should not have done so but could not resist.  You did plant some up when you got home and watered them in fact watered all the garden.  Not too sure what the weather will do today as dark and overcast but have stripped the bed and got it in washing machine so really hope it stays dry.  After posting, you went off for a snack.

Jean,  the weather is dull and looks like rain.  Glad you got on here ok.  I'm sorry to hear that yesterday you had a dizzy spell or two, so rang the docs to be told blood tests.  Now this person is again testing you for gout, this test you have had before, so know it is not that.  Have taken Coco out and you are worn out.  Not done much today.  Have read all posts.

Yes, Jean, I hope we get on Messenger at the same time, some day soon!

Pauline, yesterday you did a lot more work on the jewellery from the craft room and a bit more work in the garden  Started on clipping the longer grass around the edges, but had to leave that as rain arrived, which wasn't that heavy, but during the night we had more and hope to get the grass finished today and some dead heading done.

Off to the garden now ladies and on with the grass clipping and hope you enjoy the rest of the afternoon and eveniing.

Stay safe and well, everyone!

Lots of love from me to all!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Sat May 07, 2022 3:18 pm
Just caught your post from today Barbara, while I was altering mine to add that part at the end about the eye test, so altered what I said to you and mentioned your today's post.  

Must get to the garden as we have clouds still rolling over here and I want to get the edges dealt with at least (hopefully might even be able to get the mower out before any rain arrives).
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Sun May 08, 2022 10:44 am
Hello Everyone Oie_gl15  Good Morning Ladies.  It did start off quite dull this morning when I got up, but now we have a lovely sunny day and I am off to the garden.  Yesterday I never did get around to getting out the mower (which I will do today) because the edges took so long, gripping the shears with my hands as they are at the moment - all around the edges of the beds on both sides, deadheading and also clipping shrubs as I went round.  Then down both sides of the path and getting up the grass and weeds in between the pavers, plus on one side there are two rose bushes near the edge of the lawn to clip around, plus a red hot poker, the bird bath and bird feeding station, where of course, when seeds fall, a lot of strong grass sprouts up.  Anyway all dealt with now and ready for the mower.

I was also searching for suitable holders for some of the jewellery and found some coated wired fittings that came out of the old kitchen parts that I had tucked into the stone bbq  to keep dry and decided that at least three of these were really suitable for holding some of the necklaces.  Bit hard to explain what they will look like, but when they are finished I will put some photos on.  Rachel and I had a talk on the phone and she had said that some of the items they need to get rid of, would probably go better at a carboot sale.  As I have given a lot to the charity shops and also used as raffle prizes at my club, there is a lot of good jewellery that I supplied and also bought to work on out of my own money, so wouldn't mind getting some of my own money back and I am quite willing to include a lot of the jewellery if we do a car boot during the time I am there, prior to the Jubilee weekend, but obviously need to display this on smaller stands, ready to transport them up there in Rachel's car when she takes me up there.

Hope all of you enjoy this sunny Sunday (well hope it is sunny where you all are).
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Sun May 08, 2022 10:47 am
Hello Everyone C4s9sg23 Pauline good you got more work in the garden done so do hope you managed to get the grass trimmed. Hope you managed to get the grass cut. That was good you did manage to get your eye appointment and as you say do not be bullied into their terms. Well done.

Jean not nice having dizzy spells so hope they get that sorted for you. Wise not to be too busy when you have those spells. Good to have Coco for company.

Rita do hope your having a good day with no mishaps.

Barbara sorry you had such a miserable day .David did his essential shop but you stayed in as it looked like rain .You tackled your first lot of exercises and will do more later .You also tackled the cryptic crossword but still to finish it. You also worked on the computer .David went to the terrain so hope he did win his games.

Well it was a dull morning but has brightened so hopefully get out in garden later .did get the washing dried yesterday so now just the ironing Sad  
Hope all have a nice day
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Sun May 08, 2022 11:28 am
Well I had a surprise birthday party last night.   I may have some photos later on. There were 12 of us.

It is hot out there today.  My toe has gone a bit septic and I rang 111 to no avail there. They have sent me an appointment from the docs,  but nothing yet (doctors).
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Sun May 08, 2022 11:35 am
Good Morning everyone!

We have a lovely sunny and warm day here today, with a nice gentle breeze and gorgeous blue skies.

David did the essential shopping early this morning and he’s now gone to play Petanque at the terrain.  He won 3 out of 4 games yesterday.  I’ve done one set of my physio exercises and will do the second set this afternoon.  I managed to find an online Mass from another parish and so joined in with that.  I shall also attempt to complete today’s general knowledge quiz in the Sunday magazine and shall be working at my computer.  After lunch, David and I will be going for a nice walk in the glorious sunshine.

Regarding the local elections in Croydon, at the moment, chaos reigns, although it doesn't surprise me!  I've got nothing against Labour, except for the present administration here.  They've done so much damage in so many ways, and as a result they filed for bankruptcy last year and have done so again this year.  Now, when it came to organising the local elections here, as Andrew said: "They couldn't organise a booze up in a brewery!"   They organised everything in a sports hall at a local school but the trouble was that the school decided that it needed to use the sports hall on Election Day and so the Council had to find somewhere else at the last minute.  It all went ahead but, as we've also had an election for a Mayor for Croydon at the same time, and there had to be a recount as 2 of the candidates only had about 600 votes separating them, everything went into disarray, and the voting for the Councillors had to be delayed until 6pm yesterday and will continue from 1pm today!  Croydon is 1 of only 2 boroughs in the entire country to be delayed in publishing their results.  Watch this space!

Pauline, it did start off quite dull this morning when you got up, but now you have a lovely sunny day and you have gone into the garden.  Yesterday you never did get around to getting out the mower (which you will do today) because the edges took so long, gripping the shears with your hands as they are at the moment - all around the edges of the beds on both sides, deadheading and also clipping shrubs as you went round.  Then down both sides of the path and getting up the grass and weeds in between the pavers, plus on one side there are two rose bushes near the edge of the lawn to clip around, plus a red hot poker, the bird bath and bird feeding station, where of course, when seeds fall, a lot of strong grass sprouts up.  Anyway all dealt with now and ready for the mower.

You were also searching for suitable holders for some of the jewellery and found some coated wired fittings that came out of the old kitchen parts that you had tucked into the stone bbq  to keep dry and decided that at least three of these were really suitable for holding some of the necklaces.  Bit hard to explain what they will look like, but when they are finished you will put some photos on.  You and Rachel had a talk on the phone and she had said that some of the items they need to get rid of, would probably go better at a carboot sale.  As you have given a lot to the charity shops and also used as raffle prizes at your club, there is a lot of good jewellery that you supplied and also bought to work on out of your own money, so wouldn't mind getting some of your own money back and you are quite willing to include a lot of the jewellery if you do a car boot during the time you are there, prior to the Jubilee weekend, but obviously need to display this on smaller stands, ready to transport them up there in Rachel's car when she takes you up there.

Dian, well it was a dull morning but has brightened so hopefully get out in garden later.  Did get the washing dried yesterday so now just the ironing!

Jean, well you had a surprise birthday party last night you may have some photos later on. there were 12 of you.

It is hot out there today. Your toe has gone a bit septic and you rang 111 to no avail there have sent me an appointment from the docs, b ut nothing het (doctors)

I hope that Rita is having a good day!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Mon May 09, 2022 8:43 am
Hello Everyone Glitte15  Good Morning Ladies and hope you all have a good start to the week.  Got that grass finished so the garden is looking good again:-

Hello Everyone P1130925 Hello Everyone P1130926 Hello Everyone P1130927 Hello Everyone P1130928 Hello Everyone P1130930 Hello Everyone P1130931 Hello Everyone P1130932 Hello Everyone P1130933 Hello Everyone P1130934

After doing all of that, the bird bath needed cleaning out and filling again, bird food filled up and mower cleaned off and put away, plus all of the grass cuttings turned into the compost and that turned over.  You can see that the fences still need staining again and in the path there are at least 3 pavers that need lifting and straightening, so plenty of structural work to do   Fourth row of photos down on left side, that is a photo of the bed by the side of the house and I have plenty of gooseberries growing there and all looking healthy. I also sorted through the trellis parts that were left from where the old side fence was taken down and have found the piece I want to go across the pathway again to join the trellis where the ivy runs and the trellis where the baskets hang on. That will be the next job, tidying it up and staining before it goes up, but can't see that being accomplished today as I have to get the bloods taken, then off to the club.

When I spoke about finding another way to display the jewellery, well here are a couple of photos of one of the new necklace displays and you can see from one photo, the shape I can fix it into and the other one shows the full display.  Plenty more to display and all of those on that frame sell for 20p to £1., nothing to break the bank. That can also be closed down flat for transporting.

Hello Everyone P1130935 Hello Everyone P1130936

Going to post this before I lose it and have to do the photos again and then come back with another post and answer all of your messages from yesterday.
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Mon May 09, 2022 9:20 am
Hello Everyone Cute-c11   Back again now I have finished with the photos.

Jean your birthday greeting will be on here tomorrow for you, but nice to know you had that surprise birthday party arranged for you by the family.  They certainly are being very supportive of you.  Hope you can get the photos on here.  Don't quite understand what you said about your toe.  Did you mean that 111 had arranged the doctor's appointment for you, or did you phone the doctor's yourself and are supposed to be receiving an appointment from them?  Either way, I hope you get swift treatment for the toe.

Dian, I see you did get the washing dry the day before (now facing the ironing Rolling Eyes) and hope the weather stayed fine for you yesterday so that you could get the garden work accomplished that you wanted to do.  As you can see from the photos, I had a good weather day and got a lot done.

Rita, hope you had a restful weekend and you did get that phone call from the doctor on Friday.

Barbara, weather your way sounded as good as I had.  After doing the shopping David went to the terrain and hope he had as good a day there as he did the day before when he won 3 out of his 4 games.  I see you managed to find a Mass to watch and did one lot of your exercises and you were attempting to complete the Take a Break quiz, worked on your computer and you were planning a walk in the good weather with David after lunch. I hope you have the Croydon results by now and things start to improve in your area.  Here our County Council went bankrupt (although the Borough Council was doing quite well), so we had two unitary authorities foisted onto us - North and West Northants and I am in the West area, but still with a lot of the same councillors (and no elections this year) and still those councillors are coming up with ridiculous waste of money ideas, so no change here.  

Must away now ladies and get a few small jobs done before I go for the blood tests and hope you all have a good start to the week.
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Mon May 09, 2022 9:25 am
 P.S I started off with the first post which had the photos on, on page 40 and now see that I am on page 41 and I suppose this will continue for a while and then we will suddenly change to a new section on a Page 1 again.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Mon May 09, 2022 10:45 am
Hello Everyone 1i6fjy61 Pauline garden looking a treat and can see all the hard work you have put in. Tubs looking so nice too. Also great display for your jewellery .Hope all goes well for your blood tests.

Jean what a nice surprise  for your birthday Would cheer you up .Hope you get the photos on here.

Rita do hope you had a nice weekend

Barbara David did the essential shopping then he went to the terrain .Well done him on winning yesterday .The good weather does make such a difference .
You did one set of exercises and will do more later .That was good you found another online Mass .Also you will attempt   the general knowledge quizz in the Sunday magazine to and work on the computer. After lunch David and you were going for a walk
Your local elections were not organised well.......Hope they finally did get done .So nice to have such a lovely day

Yesterday was some what mixed with sun out then gone and clouds appeared then sun back. The apple blossom which was lovely is now falling like confetti  and will need to brush a lot up if it does not rain today. So pretty .Now off to do some ironing and might change a set of curtains .See how I feel later Very Happy
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Mon May 09, 2022 1:11 pm
Had fun with the toe. Went to Corby care centre to be told to come back today, so when I did,  found out they do not do that. Collected forms from the docs for blood tests. asked them, but nothing doing, so in the meantime I can hardly walk. Did ring the foot clinic to be told to ring back later etc.

Have not got all the photos as yet, but wll get them here asap.
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Mon May 09, 2022 4:16 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We’re having a lovely warm and sunny day here, along with a gentle breeze and blue skies. It’s wonderful!

David did the essential shopping early this morning. I did the first set of my physio exercises after breakfast and then we went out for a walk in the lovely sunshine. Afterwards, I worked at my computer and answered some emails. I phoned the mobile chiropodist and left a message for him to call me back to arrange another home visit. I also phoned the GP surgery to check that the doctor had received the letter from my physiotherapy, asking him to refer me to an orthopaedic consultant. I was told that the letter had been passed to the doctor and that I should phone at 8am tomorrow to arrange a phone consultation to discuss the letter. Nothing gets done quickly nowadays in our NHS! After lunch, I watched some TV and David went to the terrain to practise his shooting. I also tackled and almost finished the cryptic crossword - I have one more clue to solve! David is now watching a Western on the TV. I shall do the second set of my exercises later this afternoon and try and solve the last clue in the cryptic crossword.

Pauline, thanks for posting photos of your garden.  It's a lovely garden and very well kept!  It's good that you got the grass finished.

After doing all of that, the bird bath needed cleaning out and filling again, bird food filled up and mower cleaned off and put away, plus all of the grass cuttings turned into the compost and that turned over.  You can see that the fences still need staining again and in the path there are at least 3 pavers that need lifting and straightening, so plenty of structural work to do   Fourth row of photos down on left side, that is a photo of the bed by the side of the house and you have plenty of gooseberries growing there and all looking healthy. You also sorted through the trellis parts that were left from where the old side fence was taken down and have found the piece you want to go across the pathway again to join the trellis where the ivy runs and the trellis where the baskets hang on. That will be the next job, tidying it up and staining before it goes up, but couldn't see that being accomplished today as you had to get the bloods taken, then off to the club.

When you spoke about finding another way to display the jewellery, well here are a couple of photos of one of the new necklace displays and you can see from one photo, the shape you can fix it into and the other one shows the full display.  Plenty more to display and all of those on that frame sell for 20p to £1., nothing to break the bank. That can also be closed down flat for transporting.  Thanks for also posting those photos, Pauline.

I'm pleased to say that David played 3 games yesterday and won all of them!  Well done to him!

We now have all our election results (finally!) and we have an elected Mayor for the first time.  It's hoped that he'll be able to sort out the many problems that caused the Council to become bankrupt (twice!).  The situation now is that no party has overall control and so the Tories and Labour will have to attempt to work together to put things right.  Mind you, I'll believe that when I see it!  Unfortunately, we have a similar situation here to that in your area, in that some of the Councillors who were involved in the dodgy and the inept sides of things were re-elected.

I hope that you get good results from today's blood tests and that you had an enjoyable time at the club.

Dian, yesterday was some what mixed with sun out then gone and clouds appeared then sun back. The apple blossom which was lovely is now falling like confetti and will need to brush a lot up if it does not rain today.  So pretty.  Now off to do some ironing and might change a set of curtains. See how you feel later.

Jean, had fun with the toe. went to Corby care centre to be told to come back today, so when you did found out that do not do that. collected forms from the docs for blood tests. asked them but nothing doing. so in the meantime you can hardly walk. did ring up the foot clinic to be told to ring back later etc.  I'm sorry to hear that your foot is no better, Jean.

Have not got all the photos as yet but will get them here asap.

I hope that Rita is OK.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Mon May 09, 2022 7:27 pm
Hello Everyone Impst310
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Mon May 09, 2022 9:25 pm
and from me tooHello Everyone Li7kjg10
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Tue May 10, 2022 10:52 am
[size=24]Hello Everyone Eviffi32 Well it is a right miserable morning here as has rained all night. Sun trying to break through and quite a strong wind blowing Do hope it does clear up.

Pauline just know you will be busy as a bee .Hope you will have a good day

Jean another year older and still going strong. Hope you get your toe attended to soon

Barbara that was a good day you had yesterday do hope you still have that nice weather too .Time will tell how your new Mayor performs.

Rita do hope your having a nice day too

I did get curtains changed in back room.I was hoping to get more work in garden but think rain is here all day
[/co
[/size][/size]
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Tue May 10, 2022 1:26 pm
Hello Everyone Oie_gl69  Had to go out early this morning as last evening I had a phone call from the surgery asking me if I could go back there at 9.20 this morning to have more blood taken.  One result on the first lot from the doctor I saw, was that I was a bit low in vitamin D (well aren't we all with lack of sunshine!!), so more vitamins to buy when I go shopping again.  I now have bruises on both arms from yesterday morning, because it is never easy to get my blood and this morning the nurse was going to give up, but said to her to take it out of the vein on the back of the hand.  I know that is a bit more painful, but didn't want to have to go back again tomorrow for the same performance.  Blood obtained at last and results would be back tomorrow or Thursday. You should have seen the performance this morning - half of the staff were shifted over from the sister surgery on the other side of the town, so didn't know where anything was kept and also the computer system wasn't allowing for them to log on - eventually they did get it all sorted and I got away from there about 10 o'clock.  

At least, as one of the club members said yesterday, I have got into the system to see a doctor and now getting blood tests done, so will have to wait to see where that all leads. Club was enjoyable yesterday and we played the indoor curling and had a couple of quizes. It was Margaret's birthday yesterday, so had gone to the centre after the blood taking and bought her some flowers and also found some bargains - Tescos were clearing out their L'Or large jars of coffee at £3 each (all dated well ahead), so I got 4 of them.  The wait for the bus was so long that in the end when the No 1 came along, I didn't bother to pop back indoors, but stayed on it and went directly to the club and got there early.  No club next week, because both Margaret and Lesley are on holiday and nobody else wanted the responsiblity of running it or handling the money - at least that will give me more time at home sorting out the clearance or geting more of the garden done.  I had intended to get straight on with the garden on return from the surgery this morning, but it went so dark and started raining (not enough, so by the end of the day I will probably have to water again) and now we have a bit of sunshine in between a lot of cloud, but think it has to be garden work if it stays dry.

Jean hope you are enjoying your birthday and you have got some action over the toe. How did you manage to get to Corby yesterday with your foot so bad?  That seemed like a wasted journey too.

Dian, thanks for the remarks about the photos of the garden and the stand I had converted for the use of jewellery.  That email you sent to me about Tristan da Cunha, the video was so interesting to watch with all of that information about that island and I can remember that evacuation.  Mixed weather for you yesterday and see you were hoping to get some gardening done and also perhaps change one set of curtains.  That is always a shame when we lose the blossom from the trees early with windy weather and of course, that means sweeping up the petals.  I see you did get the curtains changed from your post this morning, but you have got a really miserable weather day, so any hopes of more garden work have had to be put aside.

Barbara, good to know the weather was fine your way and you enjoyed the walk out with David and you both got on with usual things after that.  See you have arranged for another visit from the chiropodist and at least you do know that the letter has been received by your doctor from the physiotherapist, recommending that you see an orthopaedic consultant, but the usual fun and games of having to phone in this morning to arrange a conversation with the doctor about this.  Thank you for your remarks about the photos.  I reckon that it is going to be a very hard job for the new Mayor in your area, getting the Labour and Tory councillors to work together.

Rita, hope the week is going well for you.

Must away now ladies and get on with some of the work and hope you all have a good day.
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Tue May 10, 2022 3:01 pm
Thank you for my birthday wishes.  Today I joined a new club and they sang Happy Birthday.

Jason took me to Corby and yesterday after phoning all day got an appointment this morning at the foot clinic. he scraped it all away and said there was blood there and I have to go back on the 27th.  I am going out to tea with James later.

I am going to put the only photo of the party I have got so far - sending to Pauline, so she can put it on here. Many thanks.
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Tue May 10, 2022 3:42 pm
Jean good to know you finally got some treatment at the foot clinic and you have a further appointment on the 27th there.  See from your email you have blood tests to be taken on Thurday and I suppose they will be at your doctor's surgery - perhaps you might get some information from those results now and some action.  

Enjoy the tea out with James and good that Jason got you to Corby.  Also see you have joined another club today and were welcomed with members singing "Happy Birthday" to you.

Nice photo of you all at the surprise birthday party - that cake looks delicioius.  Just looking at the photo makes my mouth water, because I am being so good at the moment and keeping away from all of the fattening and sweet things (got to make sure my outfit for the wedding still fits  Rolling Eyes)

Hello Everyone Unname19
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Tue May 10, 2022 4:25 pm
Good Afternoon, everyone!

First of all, I'd like to wish Jean a Very Happy Birthday!  Judging by the photo posted in here at your surprise birthday party, you really enjoyed it!  That cake looks delicious!

We’ve had a miserable old day here for weather for most of the day, with grey skies and no sunshine.  During the last hour, the weather has cheered up and the sun is now out!  It’s still very windy, though, but at least it’s stayed dry.

David did the essential shopping early this morning.  After breakfast, I tried in vain to ring my GP surgery to request a phone consultation.  From 8am, I spent 38 minutes continuously dialling.  When I finally got through, I spent another 5 minutes listening to a recorded message about Covid and then being put in a queue.  When I finally got to speak to a receptionist, I was told that all the appointments had gone.  On telling the receptionist what my call was about, he put me on hold and spoke to the GP.  He then told me that the GP had started processing my referral to an orthopaedic consultant but that he needed to speak to me first.  The upshot was that I have to ring the surgery again tomorrow morning at 8am.  I have no idea why he couldn’t have spoken to me while I was on the phone this morning!  After that, David went out to buy another couple of items.  We then sat and watched the Queen’s Speech.  After lunch, I did the first set of my physio exercises and tackled the cryptic crossword.  I didn’t do very well at the crossword today but will have another go later, along with doing the second set of my exercises.  David is now watching a Western and I’ve been working at my computer.

Dian, well you had a right miserable morning, as it had rained all night.  Sun was trying to break through and quite a strong wind blowing.  I hope it cleared up for you.

You did get curtains changed in back room.  You were hoping to get more work in garden but think rain is here all day.

Pauline, had to go out early this morning as last evening you had a phone call from the surgery asking you if you could go back there at 9.20 this morning to have more blood taken.  One result on the first lot from the doctor you saw, was that you were a bit low in vitamin D (well aren't we all with lack of sunshine!!), so more vitamins to buy when you go shopping again.  You now have bruises on both arms from yesterday morning, because it is never easy to get your blood and this morning the nurse was going to give up, but said to her to take it out of the vein on the back of the hand.  That is a bit more painful, but didn't want to have to go back again tomorrow for the same performance.  Blood obtained at last and results would be back tomorrow or Thursday. You should have seen the performance this morning - half of the staff were shifted over from the sister surgery on the other side of the town, so didn't know where anything was kept and also the computer system wasn't allowing for them to log on - eventually they did get it all sorted and you got away from there about 10 o'clock.  Whenever I have blood taken, I too come away with bruises, as my veins are hard to find too!

At least, as one of the club members said yesterday, you have got into the system to see a doctor and now getting blood tests done, so will have to wait to see where that all leads. Club was enjoyable yesterday and you played the indoor curling and had a couple of quizes. It was Margaret's birthday yesterday, so had gone to the centre after the blood taking and bought her some flowers and also found some bargains - Tescos were clearing out their L'Or large jars of coffee at £3 each (all dated well ahead), so you got 4 of them.  The wait for the bus was so long that in the end when the No 1 came along, you didn't bother to pop back indoors, but stayed on it and went directly to the club and got there early.  No club next week, because both Margaret and Lesley are on holiday and nobody else wanted the responsiblity of running it or handling the money - at least that will give you more time at home sorting out the clearance or geting more of the garden done.  You had intended to get straight on with the garden on return from the surgery this morning, but it went so dark and started raining (not enough, so by the end of the day you will probably have to water again) and now you have a bit of sunshine in between a lot of cloud, but think it has to be garden work if it stays dry.

Jean, today you joined a new club and they sang Happy Birthday.  That will have been very nice!

Jason took you to Corby and yesterday after phoning all day got an appointment this morning at the foot clinic.  He scraped it all away and said there was blood there and you have to go back on the 27th.  You went out to tea with James later.

That is indeed a lovely photo that Pauline has put on here of your surprise birthday party!

I hope that Rita is having a good day.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Tue May 10, 2022 9:37 pm
Rachel put this on Facebook this evening, so had better get on with the diet:-

12 weeks until we say I do

Hello Everyone 27968310
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Tue May 10, 2022 10:12 pm
Hello Everyone 2rdl2l10   Hi Ladies, back on here again today to put that post on above.  At last, after a nearly three year wait (due to Covid, lock down, etc.,) it is happening.

Barbara, not very nice weather for you today.  Here we did have sun eventually, but it was windy out there and I had to end up watering the garden as it was drying up so quickly.  I have just read all of that waste of time for you and that time spent trying to get through to speak to the doctor (who wanted to speak to you).  Well okay he might have started processing your appointment to see the consultant, but if he needs to speak to you first, has he never thought of phoning you????

Been sitting here this evening waiting for the washing machine to finish and creating more jewellery displays and watching DIY SOS at the same time - think I need that team here to help with my clear out!!!   I knew that programme was being made as I had heard about it on our local news (it was in Kettering, another town in our county).  How sad for that family, but lovely how local people get together to help.
Ritadonni
Ritadonni

Wed May 11, 2022 12:10 am
Hi to you all. I send all good birthday wishes to Jean, I see your family gave you a happy time.

Pauline, I did not realise that you still had all that jewellery left from your sales, if you can sell it, and it is well displayed there, you must keep whatever proceeds for yourself, small payment for all the sorting out etc., you have done.

Dian, thank you for all the interesting mails you send me.

Barbara, it's such a performance to get through to a Doctor, much patience is needed, I hope you get satisfaction.

Today my local chemist delivered to my door my prescribed tablets for the dizzy spells which frequently bother me.

The Doctor had phoned me after I had left a message and she said if  the tablets do not work I must make appointment to see her at the surgery.  

I have been to bed this afternoon and have since dozed in chair, hence my being up late now but am ready for bed again.
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Wed May 11, 2022 11:48 am
Hello Everyone Wqkkm210   Good Morning Ladies.

Well it had got to the stage where the garden was getting desperate for rain, so had to water last evening and of course, today it is pouring and looks as though it is in for the day.  That means indoor jobs and getting on with the jewellery displays and packing again for hopefully a car boot sale when I am in Rugby over the Jubilee part week and weekend.

For the past 9 days the Freeview reception has had continual interruptions, which has meant failed recordings, so have had to catch up on BBCiPlayer and ITV Hub this morning on the computer, for some of the programmes I couldn't watch live, but am now up-to-date and the Freeview signal is now back to perfect in this area (thank goodness). There has been a big outage throughout the south, midlands and further north towards Manchester (where the problem was with that transmitter), but apparently the work on this problem is now over, so fingers crossed (which of course, I cannot do with the state of my hands) that is the end of that problem.  

With regard to the hands and fingers problem, this morning got a phone call from the surgery following the second lot of blood tests yesterday and the doctor will be phoning me on Friday morning 20th May to talk about that problem.  Quite a wait, but at least I will get that phone call with the doctor contacting me, unlike all of that nonsense that Barbara has to go through.

Rita, I see thankfully that you got the phone call from your doctor and she prescribed the medication for those giddy spells and those tablets have been delivered to you by the chemist.  Please make sure that you do contact her again if they don't work and make that appointment to see her at the surgery.  The reason for a lot of the good items being kept here (and in particular a lot of the jewellery), was because both the secretary of the residents council and the local community hub wanted me to use those items to raise money for them at any community days they would hold, but none of them have put themselves out to arrange any of these, so hence the turn out of a lot more to the charity shops and I am finding more for the shops as I sort through, but yes, I will make sure that I get some of my money back, because it was a lot of my own money that went into buying the rings and brooches (to keep up the displays for the shopping centre sales which of course, had to stop) and also buying the chains, felt and leather lengths for pendants and fixings, etc., to produce more necklaces and repair other bits of jewellery, so it would be nice if I could get some of my money back and that will allow me to do a bit more decoupage on smaller things for raffle prizes and also keep me occupied when and if I do run out of work!!!

Despite the wet weather (and wouldn't be surprised if you were all getting this) I hope you have a good day Ladies.  
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum