Nifty Fifties Plus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Pauline
Pauline
Admin
https://nifty-fifties.forumotion.com

Hello Everyone - Page 12 Empty Re: Hello Everyone

Sat Jan 27, 2024 12:23 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 12 Rphhz811 Hi Ladies.  There was frost this morning, but temperatures do seem to be on the up and I have been turning my heating down for the last couple of days and need to do that again today - just hope it stays that way and today I have got to put my meter readings through.  

Yesterday I didn't get around to watching any further DVDs, but did catch up on recorded t v and sat there doing some crafting.  I have a load of bracelets (Indian style) that are only suitable for children and have been using the floristry wire to attach them to one another and so far have made 4 dingly dangly things (wiring 5 bracelets together) and thinking ahead to when I am mobile,  I intend to attach these to the wooden struts of the shelter, so that will be some decorations that I can leave up all year round and not have to remove them to bring indoors - no need to shelter them and another way of using up the spare jewellery.  One day when they are all completed and hanging up and it is Summer, then I can take a photo and show you.

Dian, well that pre op was certainly very thorough and all of the tests seemed to be satisfactory.  Just read what you said to Jean about having to give up your bowling club this year, because you cannot bowl any longer. That is such a shame because you seemed to enjoy going there - is there no way you can remain a member for the social side?  See you had good weather for the shopping trip yesterday with your daughter and friend and got some slippers in the sale.  I do hope there is better news about your younger daughter who is still in hospital and see that the family didn't tell you until she was improving, but yes, we would all rather know from the start and can understand how worried you still are, so hope her recovery progresses well. Just seen your post arrive for this morning, before I have finished this post and good to read she is now home from hospital. and expect you are relieved and can now relax and enjoy your weekend too.

Barbara, it makes us feel so much better when we see all of the sunshine like there was yesterday and we have the same here today.  You got on again with your full range of exercises, plus the other things you enjoy and David also did the early morning shopping and then collected two prescriptions for you and you both watched some t v together.   Good news that the electrician sorted out the problem with the boiler for you.

Jean, see you had a pre op on the ward once where you were having the op. I did get woken up in the early hours, just before I had the caersarean section for Susi, by the anaesthetist who was running late and he ran some tests in the early hours before the early op, so was very pleased how thorough that lot was yesterday.  Yes, it is a good job we have been able to get the money together between us and really good of Stephen to help out and the help from Rachel with the lifts to and from and help with the admin and the fact that all of them are going to share being here with me for the few days after the op. See you have had some wins with your premium bonds which is a help with the vet bills for you, but I have had nothing for a long time now, so didn't mind cashing them in.  Only got about £26 in there now, so you never know. See your foot is still playing up today, so there isn't a lot you can do, except take it easy.

I am going to make a second cup of coffee and then get those meter readings done.  I should also have a sort out of some of the kitchen drawers, as they are looking a bit untidy.  Hope you all enjoy your Saturday. 

Last edited by Pauline on Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : one extra letter removed)
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Sat Jan 27, 2024 4:06 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We've had lovely sunshine all day today although it started with some frost.  It's starting to get a bit dull now but it's still a fine day although a tad cold.

David did the essential shopping early this morning.  Later in the morning, he went into Croydon to see the toy museum which is temporarily in our Whitgift Centre.  He arrived there before it opened and so went into a nice cafe for a lovely cup of coffee while waiting for it to open.  I've done the full range of my exercises.  I have yet to tackle the cryptic crossword in the newspaper but shall attempt to do that after I've finished on here.  I've watched some TV and have done some reading.  I've also done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.  After lunch, David went upstairs into our loft to play with his model railway.  He's now made us a hot drink each and is watching the horse racing on the TV.

JEAN: Worn out today.  Feet still playing.  Having a rest all day.  Cannot do much as no energy.  I hope you feel better soon, Jean.

DIAN: So far it is quite a settled day with some sunshine. Think you are to have some bad weather later. . .

Pleased to say daughter now home from hospital.  That's good news, Dian!

PAULINE: There was frost this morning, but temperatures do seem to be on the up and you have been turning your heating down for the last couple of days and need to do that again today - just hope it stays that way and today you have got to put your meter readings through.  

Yesterday you didn't get around to watching any further DVDs, but did catch up on recorded t v and sat there doing some crafting.  You have a load of bracelets (Indian style) that are only suitable for children and have been using the floristry wire to attach them to one another and so far have made 4 dingly dangly things (wiring 5 bracelets together) and thinking ahead to when you are mobile, you intend to attach these to the wooden struts of the shelter, so that will be some decorations that you can leave up all year round and not have to remove them to bring indoors - no need to shelter them and another way of using up the spare jewellery.  One day when they are all completed and hanging up and it is Summer, then you can take a photo and show us.

I see from what you said to Jean that you've had a Caesarian section.  That makes 2 of us!

You are going to make a second cup of coffee and then get those meter readings done.  You should also have a sort out of some of the kitchen drawers, as they are looking a bit untidy.

I hope that Rita is having a good day.

Stay safe and well, everyone!

Lots of love from me to all!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:01 am
feels a bit chilly today so far have not been out with Peanut
going to get another warm drink
out at centre tomorrow and for lunch today
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:40 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 12 Fvlifi64Good afternoon ladies nothing much new here today. Weather dull and overcast but days slowly starting to light up more

Pleased to say daughter got home from hospital yesterday so do hope it all goes well for her now

I have finally jumped and hope to carry on with some more work Son popped in yesterday and said he would bring me soup today .I also just heard of a new baby being born so must go and get my card written out for the neighbour,,s daughter .

Do hope all are having a nice day with no problems
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:59 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 12 Pnrcb214  Hello Ladies.

Yesterday I cleaned out those kitchen drawers.  The top one is full of cutlery and cooking tools and the other two are much deeper and contain the saucepans, frying pans, blender, mixer, omelete maker, small slow cooker,etc., and all three are very wide, so a good job completed.  Got Eon to sort out the bill that they had estimated too early and that arrived early evening, so will pay that this morning and then see what money there is left for the end of the month and see if I can put some more savings away, to get the interest and start boosting that lot again.  

I have now made 12 of those dingly danglys and very happy with how that is now going and looking forward to better mobility and the warmer weather, when my garden can start getting back to being tidy once again.  Rachel did say to sort out some jobs for Stephen on the couple of days he is here after the op and I did come up with the idea that he could get out and use the new shredder and start getting rid of all the cuttings, plus do some more cutting back - I am sure he will enjoy that and so will I be happy when that lot is sorted.

Dian, hope you can relax a bit better today now you know your daughter is home from hospital and good wishes for her recovery.  Whoops, same as yesterday, your post has arrived while I am typing.  Not a nice day as far as the weather is your way and see your son has brought you in some soup to enjoy and you plan to get on with a bit of work and get a card for the new baby you have heard about for your neighbour's daughter.  Don't work too hard - it is the weekend.

Barbara, same here today with early slight frost, but now brilliant sunshine.  It makes us all feel so much better in this usually gloomy time of the year, to see things looking that much brighter.  I expect David enjoyed that visit to the temporary display in Croydon from the Toy Museum and hope you are getting the benefit of being able to do all of your exercises once again.  See you had a caesarian too - not much fun those, but at least you are out and don't know what is going on, but I am wondering if you felt the same, that you seemed to get all of the labour pains after the op.  

Jean, I expect by now you have been out for the walk with Peanut as it has warmed up.  I have only poked my nose outside to empty some recycling into the wheelie bin.  Enjoy lunch today at the centre and the visit there tomorrow.

Hope I feel okay tomorrow, as I had to miss the club the week before last, due to too many aches and pains and then it was cancelled last week because of the high winds and there was a speaker planned, who had to travel quite a distance, so Margaret thought it might be too dangerous with the high winds.  Anyway, apparently the talk is on tomorrow, so hope that is interesting.  Will probably watch another couple of DVDs this afternoon, while I am getting on with the crafting and hope you enjoy your Sunday Ladies.
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Sun Jan 28, 2024 4:06 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We had an early frost here but have had lovely sunshine all day too and that saw the frost off!  It warmed up nicely later in the day, which was really rather nice!

David did the essential shopping early this morning.  Later in the morning, David went upstairs into our loft to play with his model railway.  Much later in the morning, we wended our way into Addiscombe, with me pushing the trolley walker, and called into our nice cafe.  We had an all day breakfast each plus a cup of coffee.  I was glad to get out for a walk, as it had been a while!  I've done the full range of my exercises.  I have tackled the general knowledge crossword in the magazine and shall attempt to complete it after I've finished on here.  I've watched some TV and have done some reading.  I've also done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.  After lunch, David once again went upstairs into our loft to play with his model railway.  He's now made us a hot drink each and is watching the football on the TV.

JEAN: It feels a bit chilly today.  So far have not been out with Peanut.

Going to get another warm drink.

Out at centre tomorrow and for lunch today.

DIAN: Good afternoon ladies nothing much new here today.  Weather dull and overcast but days slowly starting to light up more.  

Pleased to say daughter got home from hospital yesterday so do hope it all goes well for her now.  That's good news, Dian!

You have finally jumped and hope to carry on with some more work.  Son popped in yesterday and said he would bring you soup today.  You also just heard of a new baby being born so must go and get your card written out for the neighbour,,s daughter.

Do hope all are having a nice day with no problems.

PAULINE: Yesterday you cleaned out those kitchen drawers.  The top one is full of cutlery and cooking tools and the other two are much deeper and contain the saucepans, frying pans, blender, mixer, omelete maker, small slow cooker,etc., and all three are very wide, so a good job completed.  Got Eon to sort out the bill that they had estimated too early and that arrived early evening, so will pay that this morning and then see what money there is left for the end of the month and see if you can put some more savings away, to get the interest and start boosting that lot again.  

You have now made 12 of those dingly danglys and very happy with how that is now going and looking forward to better mobility and the warmer weather, when your garden can start getting back to being tidy once again.  Rachel did say to sort out some jobs for Stephen on the couple of days he is here after the op and you did come up with the idea that he could get out and use the new shredder and start getting rid of all the cuttings, plus do some more cutting back - you are sure he will enjoy that and so will you be happy when that lot is sorted.

Yes, I had a Caesarian but was awake for it, which meant that Andrew and I met straight away, which was nice.  He didn't cry when he came out, but made a strange grizzling sound.  Trust Andrew!  I had to have an injection (an epidural) into my spine before the op and also had to lie still in bed for 24 hours afterwards, which was the downside of it, but it was worth it.  The reason given for that was that if I didn't lie still for the first 24 hours, I could have had a really bad headache.  I didn't get any labour pains after the op, though.

You hope you feel okay tomorrow, and so do I, as you had to miss the club the week before last, due to too many aches and pains and then it was cancelled last week because of the high winds and there was a speaker planned, who had to travel quite a distance, so Margaret thought it might be too dangerous with the high winds.  Anyway, apparently the talk is on tomorrow, so hope that is interesting.  Will probably watch another couple of DVDs this afternoon, while you are getting on with the crafting.

Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:27 am
Hello Everyone - Page 12 1i6fjy88
Monday   Seems to come round so quickly these days. Pauline that will be really good if Stephen gets some shredding in the garden done for you  .It will be a good start in the garden .Do hope you manage to your club today .Hope the weather is not too wild

Barbara that  was good you got out walking again then had a nice snack in your nice cafe with David .It was also good the weather had got better for your walk. You did get on with your usual exercises and work on your computer,etc., earlier.
After lunch David went upstairs to his model railway then later he made you both a nice hot drink

Jean do hope your having a good day Hope you got out to your club

Pleased to say so far it is dry but not sure for how much longer .Nothing cheery on the news .Now off to get some work done Have a good day ladies
[
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:28 am
Could not manage to size up print ......grrrrr
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:48 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

Well we're having a dull old day for weather here today, in contrast to the lovely sunshine we had all day yesterday.  It's still quite mild, though.

David did the essential shopping early this morning.  Later in the morning, he went upstairs into our loft to play with his model railway.  I've done the full range of my exercises.  I have tackled the cryptic crossword in today's newspaper and shall attempt to complete it after I've finished on here.  I've watched some TV and have done some reading.  I've also done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.  After lunch, David once again went upstairs into our loft to play with his model railway.  He's now made us a hot drink each and is watching a Western on TV.

DIAN: Pleased to say so far it is dry but not sure for how much longer.  Nothing cheery on the news.  Now off to get some work done.

I hope that Pauline is having an enjoyable time at her club.  I also hope that Jean is all right and that Rita is having a good day.

Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:32 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 12 Xz4gnc11 Hi Ladies.

Got to the club after doing a few more of the photo removal off of the phone and onto the computer and after the club off to do some top up shopping.  Had a good natter at the club and catch up, while I was sitting there doing crafting of those dingly danglys and the talk had been put off for a couple of weeks.,  Needed things at the centre like kitchen foil (which isn't needed too often) plus a new pair of kitchen scissors as the others were getting too blunt and then normal top up like, milk, bread, cheese, coffee (and Tesco's own Gold was at a reduced price, so bought two of them).  Then home to catch up with more emails and to post on here.   This evening when I finish the emails I will catch up with recorded t v and do a bit more crafting and have a relaxed evening after eating the meal that is cooking now, which I got on while putting the shopping away..

Barbara that was nice that you managed to get out with David on Sunday, using your walker and to your favourite  cafe in Addiscombe, where you enjoyed an all day breakfast and coffee.  Good for you to get out and looks as though the full range of exercises that you are now able to tackle, are doing you a lot of good. I see you had an epidural for that op, while I chose to be put out and you were so lucky not getting those labour pains after the op, but the down side for you was having to lay still for 24 hours afterwards.  Dull day for you today, but you managed to get through your normal activities.

Dian, not to worry, I managed to get some colour back in your post.  I certainly did manage to enjoy the club today and reckon that will be a good idea to keep Stephen busy while he is here and that will be a big help to me, getting all of the branches cleared.  You are right, nothing cheerful in the news and I do hope the weather stayed dry for you.  By the time I got home from the shopping it was 5.15 and there was still some daylight left after a sunny day here.

Jean, hope the week started off well for you.

I am off now Ladies to eat that meal that is now cooked and hope you all have a peaceful evening..
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:37 am
yesterday I got to the club to find someone had died   a nice lady full of life too they did not comment on it at all and now sistr inlaw has to go to get her results this week
dull and dark here with foot playing up
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:07 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 12 J9m4qk24
Pauline that  was a busy afternoon between your club and your shopping then making a nice meal .Yes if Stephen gets busy with the shredder really will be a good help .Thank you for sorting the print for me .I am sure you would have enjoyed your tv catch up .Certainly was a busy day for you.

Jean good you got to the club yesterday. Sorry to hear a nice member had died .Hope you managed out with Peanut today

Barbara I am sure you and David will have been busy with your usual daily chores and exercises. Hope it was dry for you and David managed a nice walk without any rain

Well it has turned out a nice dry pleasant day so far .Phoned the daughter last night to see how she was doing.Not a good day for her yesterday so hoping it was better today for her. I will contact her later.Have a good day all
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:51 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 12 Ezqm9w11  Hi Ladies.  Bit of a gloomy one today with plenty of cloud around and no hint of sun, but at least it is dry with no rain.

Jean, not pleasant news to hear when you arrived at the centre.  We lost one of our members over Christmas and that was one of the men (who are fewer on the ground than the ladies), but yesterday a new man joined and coincidence was that he had the same name as the man we had lost, Graham. Yes very gloomy today in our area and see you are still suffering from the pain in your foot.

Dian,that was an interesting piece of film about one of the lady pilots that delivered the spitfires to the RAF from the factory and thanks for that. Yes was a busy day yesterday and as usual, I find I do suffer a bit from one of those with the aches and pains.  The trouble is that because of this hip I cannot be as mobile as I used to be and cannot do any exercises, so the rest of me tends to cease up and I will be so happy when this op is done and I can get back to the exercising once again and get all of the muscles working as they used to.  Sorry to read that your daughter isn't having a good day today and you are hoping to get better news from her when you phone her again later today.

Barbara,I hope your day is going well.

I have now got some emails to answer and catch up on and then I want to clean the bathroom which looks a bit neglected.  Hope you all enjoy the rest of the afternoon and have a relaxing evening.
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:29 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

It's been a murky old day today, with plenty of cloud cover and no sunshine at all.  At least it's stayed dry.

David did the essential shopping early this morning.  Later in the morning, he went upstairs into our loft to play with his model railway.  I've done the full range of my exercises.  I've tackled the cryptic crossword in today's newspaper and shall attempt to complete it after I've finished on here.  I've watched some TV and have done some reading.  I've also done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.  After lunch, David once again went upstairs into our loft to play with his model railway.  He's now made us a hot drink each and was watching a Western on TV which has now finished and he's gone back upstairs.

PAULINE: Yesterday you got to the club after doing a few more of the photo removal off of the phone and onto the computer and after the club off to do some top up shopping.  Had a good natter at the club and catch up, while you were sitting there doing crafting of those dingly danglys and the talk had been put off for a couple of weeks.,  Needed things at the centre like kitchen foil (which isn't needed too often) plus a new pair of kitchen scissors as the others were getting too blunt and then normal top up like, milk, bread, cheese, coffee (and Tesco's own Gold was at a reduced price, so bought two of them).  Then home to catch up with more emails and to post on here.   This evening when you finished the emails you caught up with recorded t v and did a bit more crafting and had a relaxed evening after eating the meal that was cooking, which you got on while putting the shopping away.

Bit of a gloomy one today with plenty of cloud around and no hint of sun, but at least it is dry with no rain.

After posting, you had some emails to answer and catch up on and then you cleaned the bathroom which looked a bit neglected.

JEAN: Yesterday you got to the club to find someone had died, a nice lady full of life too.  They did not comment on it at all and now sistr inlaw has to go to get her results this week.

Dull and dark here with foot playing up.

DIAN: Well it has turned out a nice dry pleasant day so far.  Phoned the daughter last night to see how she was doing.  Not a good day for her yesterday so hoping it was better today for her.  You will contact her later.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:14 am
strange about that name Pauline I see
maybe I can see Barry today you are very busy  I just wish I had more energy now
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:57 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 12 Xcwsyi10 Well not quite Spring, but getting there and really itching to get this op over and done with and get out and do some work in the garden.  I have got some seeds to plant, but haven't got the room to start them off indoors and that is a problem.

Yesterday I had a lot of catching up to do with emails - fairly long answers and other paperwork , plus sorting out the final part of the monthly finances, seemed to take up a lot of my day, so not much else accomplished,. except vacuuming and then washing over the floor in the dining room and kitchen end and I did manage to get outside and empty the bits and pieces from a small closed container, I keep in the under sink cupboards, where I put in veg and salad cuttings, eggshells, coffee grounds, etc., and get that in the compost bin,  plus get the recycling into the wheelie bin.  Never did get to do the bathroom, so that is to do next this afternoon.

It has been a bit gloomy today so far, but now the sun seems to be coming through and yesterday I heard some bright news about the school, 5 minutes walk from me - Lings Primary School.  Two years ago they started playing the American Flag Football, which is a bit like the touch rugby and at Spurs Stadium last year they actually won the UK championship and their prize was a trip to Orlando to take part in the NFL competition, so they are off to Florida in February to represent the UK - well done them and soon they will be off and who would have thought that a young team from my estate would be in some world championships.  It was all on the local news yesterday on t v and they are so excited.

Jean, yes coincidence in that man having the same name - not as though it is a common name either and we are a small group.  Hope you do see Barry today when you go to the centre and how is he at the moment?  I know I seem to keep busy at the moment, but believe me, it certainly isn't jobs that get done quickly or use up a lot of energy and I look forward to when I can be more energetic again.

Barbara, weatherwise you seemed to have the same weather as here yesterday and although I mentioned just seeing the sun, it has now disappeared again, so same type of day as yesterday.  Usual things for you and David yesterday to keep busy indoors.

Dian, hope you are enjoying your club today.

Well I had better get a move on, having had a light lunch before typing this and get that bathroom done.  Hope the rest of the afternoon and evening goes well for you all.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:44 pm
[url=https://servimg.com/view/20102617/1607]Hello Everyone - Page 12 7acpi422[/url
]Well that picture says it all as that is exactly how it is today here .Good we have the bus to pick us up and take us home to our door otherwise would not have been going out .No win but the other ladies at the table all had a small win.

Pauline well done that primary school .with their wins; .Says a lot for them.
Good not too long now for your operation which will make a big difference for you .Still need to be careful and not do too much at first as could undo all the good work .See you had a really busy time with your paperwork which does take time to do .Never ending either. Do hope you do get your op very soon

Jean do hope you have had a good day with no problems.

Barbara David did the essential shopping while you got on with your usual exercises and computer work ect..After lunch David spent time with his trains then came down and watched some tv also made you both a nice hot drink

Well it is a really wild day here so do hope it does ease up soon.I will phone daughter after tea time and hope she has had a better day .Roll on spring........mind you days slowly getting brighter.
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:37 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We've had murky weather again today.  It did clear up for a while but then it went dull again.  It's stayed dry but is quite chilly again.

David did the essential shopping early this morning.  Later in the morning, he went upstairs into our loft to play with his model railway.  I've done the full range of my exercises.  I've tackled the cryptic crossword in today's newspaper and shall attempt to complete it after I've finished on here.  I've watched some TV and have done some reading.  I've also done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.  After lunch, David once again went on one of his long walks.  He came back and we watched some TV together, after which he went back upstairs.  I expect he'll come downstairs again soon as we'll both be needing nice hot drinks.

JEAN: Maybe You can see Barry today.  You just wish you had more energy now.  How is Peanut doing, Jean?

PAULINE: Well not quite Spring (as in today's GIF0, but getting there and really itching to get this op over and done with and get out and do some work in the garden.  You have got some seeds to plant, but haven't got the room to start them off indoors and that is a problem.

Yesterday you had a lot of catching up to do with emails - fairly long answers and other paperwork , plus sorting out the final part of the monthly finances, seemed to take up a lot of your day, so not much else accomplished, except vacuuming and then washing over the floor in the dining room and kitchen end and you did manage to get outside and empty the bits and pieces from a small closed container, you keep in the under sink cupboards, where you put in veg and salad cuttings, eggshells, coffee grounds, etc., and get that in the compost bin,  plus get the recycling into the wheelie bin.  Never did get to do the bathroom, so that is to do next this afternoon.

It has been a bit gloomy today so far, but now the sun seems to be coming through and yesterday you heard some bright news about the school, 5 minutes walk from you - Lings Primary School.  Two years ago they started playing the American Flag Football, which is a bit like the touch rugby and at Spurs Stadium last year they actually won the UK championship and their prize was a trip to Orlando to take part in the NFL competition, so they are off to Florida in February to represent the UK - well done them and soon they will be off and who would have thought that a young team from your estate would be in some world championships.  It was all on the local news yesterday on t v and they are so excited.

Well you had better get a move on, having had a light lunch before typing this and get that bathroom done.

DIAN: Well that picture (your GIF) says it all as that is exactly how it has been today there.  Good you have the bus to pick you up and take you home to your door otherwise would not have been going out.  No win but the other ladies at the table all had a small win.

Well it is a really wild day there so do hope it does ease up soon.  You will phone daughter after tea time and hope she has had a better day.  Roll on spring........mind you days slowly getting brighter.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Thu Feb 01, 2024 11:55 am
Hello Everyone - Page 12 Lsla5z10  Good Morning Ladies and another sunny day with a lot of Spring flowers showing.  The fairy in that gif is looking as fed up as I feel, because I cannot get any garden work done. Yesterday I did tackle the bathroom but there is a shelf I want to adjust in there today, so the rest of yesterday (after getting through more paperwork Rolling Eyes ) I spent on crafting and here is the collection of all of the hanging garden ornaments, waiting to be placed when everything is tidied up-

Hello Everyone - Page 12 20240210 Hello Everyone - Page 12 20240211

You can see a load of those bracelents that I have wired together, hanging with some of my existing ornaments that are still indoors and the second photo is something I worked on yesterday.  This was a large black wired heart shaped frame that I picked up in one of the charity shops and you can see that I have used a lot more of the bracelets on that, plus loads of broken jewellery, all wired together with the floristry wire.  I ended up with quite sore fingers after finishing that lot, so a load of scrubbing of the hands and putting the hand cream on was needed, but happy with what has been achieved.  Now all I need is to get the mobility back and be able to tackle the garden, particularly around the shelter area, where a lot of these ornaments will go.

Jean, hope you did manage to see Barry yesterday when you went to the centre and that he is well and you enjoyed your visit.

Dian thank you for those emails - loved the snow people, but glad we haven't had any here and never have seen that quote from Einstein before, plus enjoyed reading the other one about the people of our age, that is so true and I honestly don't think any future generation will see as many changes as we have.  That gif did say it all about the weather your way and good to read that you managed to get to the club with the help of the usual bus. No win for you, but other ladies on your table had small wins.  Hope, when you phoned your daughter, you found out that she had a better day and is improving.  I can promise you that I will definitely take things slowly and sensibly once that op is done, but know you will understand how frustrating it is not to be able to get garden jobs done as the weather is improving.   Certainly was so well done for our local children winning the prize to get to the contest in Florida.

Barbara, murky weather for you yesterday and hope you have now got the sunshine like I have my way today and you got through the full range of your exercises again, plus all the other things you do, but despite the weather, after the early shopping, David went on one of his long walks.  It was really nice to see and read about that good news from the school on my estate - better than most of the news items we hear about now.

Well Ladies, I think I will get any early light lunch before I tackle that bathroom shelf and then find some more jobs to do and hope you all enjoy your day.  
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:23 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 12 81323132
Quite a bright day compared to yesterday .Liked your nice gif Pauline Well certainly a lot of work done with your garden items .Looking so good. Know how you feel about wanting to work in your garden but cant.Hope all goes good with your bathroom shelf .

Jean hope your having a good day with no problems .Hope Peanut is also good and behaving

Barbara good it has stayed dry for you.David did the essential shopping while you got on with your usual exercises .computer work also crosswords, and some tv while David played with his trains upstairs .After lunch David went for his long walk then came back and you both watched some tv.Then David went up to his trains again.Expect he came down and would make you both a nice hot drink

Well it is chilly but bright and dry. Met up with some neighbours and we all went out for a nice lunch which I enjoyed .Roll on the spring
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:07 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We have lovely sunshine here and it's been with us all day from early this morning.  I love it! Very Happy

David did the essential shopping early this morning.  Later in the morning, he went upstairs into our loft to play with his model railway.  I've done the full range of my exercises.  I haven't yet tackled the cryptic crossword in today's newspaper but shall attempt to do so after I've finished on here.  I've watched some TV and have done some reading.  I've also done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.  After lunch, David once again went upstairs to play with his model railway.  He's come back downstairs and has made us a hot drink each.  He's now watching a Western on the TV.

I had a call from the GP surgery late yesterday afternoon.  It was the practice manager, who had been asked by my GP to ring me to say that he (the GP) is unable to help me in trying to bring my pain clinic appointment forward.  I was absolutely fuming, once again.  He could at least have had the decency to ring me himself. I despair at the lack of care shown by our once great NHS.

PAULINE: You have another sunny day with a lot of Spring flowers showing.  The fairy in that gif is looking as fed up as you feel, because you cannot get any garden work done. Yesterday you did tackle the bathroom but there is a shelf you want to adjust in there today, so the rest of yesterday (after getting through more paperwork) you spent on crafting and thank you for posting the collection of all of the hanging garden ornaments, waiting to be placed when everything is tidied up.

You have wired together a load of those bracelents, hanging with some of your existing ornaments that are still indoors and the second photo is something you worked on yesterday.  This was a large black wired heart shaped frame that you picked up in one of the charity shops and we can see that you have used a lot more of the bracelets on that, plus loads of broken jewellery, all wired together with the floristry wire.  You ended up with quite sore fingers after finishing that lot, so a load of scrubbing of the hands and putting the hand cream on was needed, but happy with what has been achieved.  Now all you need is to get the mobility back and be able to tackle the garden, particularly around the shelter area, where a lot of these ornaments will go.

It was obviously really nice to see and read about that good news from the school on your estate - better than most of the news items we hear about now.  I know, Pauline.  Most of the news is all doom and gloom of one description or another, sadly.

After posting, you got an early light lunch before tackling that bathroom shelf and then found some more jobs to do.

DIAN: Quite a bright day compared to yesterday.  Well it is chilly but bright and dry.  Met up with some neighbours and you all went out for a nice lunch which you enjoyed.  Roll on the spring!

I hope that Jean is all right and that Rita is having a good day.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:24 am
chilly out there today been for the dog walk
saw Barrty in the home which he likes
hopefully off to Norwich tomorrow still tired though
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:55 am
Hello Everyone - Page 12 G_m_l_25

Pauline hope your hands are feeling a lot better now after all that nice crafting which you got done yesterday .Afraid not seen any spring flowers out here just yet .Maybe in another week will start to see them .Forgot I am having a perm today as being out yesterday has mixed me up .Daughter is away on a short break so will need to get to hairdresser on my own .Wishing you a nice weekend .

Jean that was good getting out a walk with Peanut .Also nice you got to see Barry and good he is liking it Enjoy your outing tomorrow and hope the weather is good.

Barbara David got the essential shopping done while you got on with most of your usual exercises ect Sorry not good news from your GP but do think it is the same all over the country and only getting worse

Dry but high winds here this morning.will need to go and get ready as getting my perm today. Fun and games getting there but did manage the last time. High winds here at the moment so do hope it eases off  Have a nice weekend all
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Fri Feb 02, 2024 12:06 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 12 Pfzvsx10    Hi Ladies.

First of all I got an email from Rita yesterday and here is the copy:-

"Hi Pauline this is a quick few words to wish you well and a good and quick recovery from your operation.
I will be thinking of you and keep in touch.
I have had men in doing new bathroom and stupid man had left a pipe thing tap running in cupboard  in my bedroom , it backed onto the bathroom (through the wall) and water had seeped through two full shelves of my cupboard and then onto my bedroom carpet. I did not discover it until I went to go to bed and was walking on wet carpet. It's a long unresolved story.
So that's enough for tonight I just want to wish you well and look forward to you being out and about again.
Lots of best healing wishes to you from me. Rita"

I replied to her this morning and thanked her for the good wishes and also mentioned the trouble she had been going through with regard to the water damage.  As it is unresolved it looks as though she has a problem to deal with there and I did mention that I assumed the contractors were sent in by her Landlords, so therefore, she should push for the damage that has been caused, to be paid for by them, so hope that is resolved quickly for her.

Yesterday I tackled the bathroom shelf - it is a long one that actually is the top of the boxed in pipes along the bathroom wall and runs into a shelf under the rad and to the cupboard under the sink.  I got most of it finished and back in place and there is just a little bit of finishing off to complete today, so will do that after this post.  I also need to do some more clearing out from my spare bedroom as Stephen and Rachel will need room for their things when they stay after I have had the op.  There are a couple of small sets of drawers empty, but would like to make a bit more room for their things, because to be honest, the wardrobes in there also have most of my hanging things in them as there is only a small wardrobe in the bedroom that I use and that is mainly for coats and jackets, so my tops, trousers, dresses, etc., are in the spare bedroom.

Jean, hope things are going well for you this week and you did manage to meet up with Barry at the centre.  Just spotted your tiny post arrive while I was typing and it has taken me three goes to get any colour in it this morning, but managed in the end.

Barbara, I can imagine how angry you felt after getting that phone call from the practice manager, when really it should have been from your own GP and nothing being done by him to get an earlier appointment with the pain clinic. Thank you for the remarks about my crafting.  Yes it was really good to read the good news about my local school, because as you have said, nothing happy about the news we hear these days - all full of gloom and doom, disasters, wars and rising prices, etc.

Dian,  Thanks for your remarks about my gif and the crafting.  I appreciate the effort you make to get gifs on here with your posts, because it does help to brighten up the page. Good to read the weather was reasonable your way and see you enjoyed a trip out for lunch with some neighbours.  I expect you are having a good time out with your daughter and friend for the usual Friday trip out and do hope there is better news from your younger daughter and she is improving and feeling much better.  Your today's post just arrived as I went to post mine and yes, thank you, hands are much better.  See I got it wrong today and today you have a perm to be done and your daughter is away today, so you have got to get there and back by yourself.  Hope those high winds die down, so the perm isn't ruffled on the way home and it all goes well for you.

Well Ladies, I had better away and finish that little bit more work in the bathroom and then see what I can get rid of out of the spare bedroom. Yesterday I did watch another couple of DVDs while sorting out the rest of those bracelets, so two more films added to the pile and where I had three tubs of bracelets, there is now only one left and they are all sorted into groups of five, ready for crafting.  Wishing you all a pleasant afternoon and evening.   
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:02 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We're having a mostly sunny day today, interspersed with a cloudy sky.  It's a tad chilly today, though, and quite windy.

David did the essential shopping early this morning.  I rang the pharmacy later in the morning to enquire if my latest prescription was ready for collection, which it was, and so David went to collect it for me.  Much later in the morning, he went upstairs into our loft to play with his model railway.  I've done the full range of my exercises.  I've tackled the cryptic crossword in today's newspaper but have still more to do on it and shall attempt to do so after I've finished on here.  I've watched some TV and have done some reading.  I've also done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.  After lunch, David went on one of his long walks.  He's now watching a Western on the TV and has made us a hot drink each.

JEAN: Chilly out there today been for the dog walk.

Saw Barry in the home which he likes.

Hopefully off to Norwich tomorrow.  Still tired though.

DIAN: You forgot you were having a perm today as being out yesterday has mixed you up.  Daughter is away on a short break so will need to get to hairdresser on your own.

Dry but high winds here this morning.  Will need to go and get ready as getting your perm today.  Fun and games getting there but did manage the last time.  High winds there at the moment so do hope it eases off.

PAULINE: First of all you got an email from Rita yesterday and here is the copy:-

"Hi Pauline this is a quick few words to wish you well and a good and quick recovery from your operation.
I will be thinking of you and keep in touch.
I have had men in doing new bathroom and stupid man had left a pipe thing tap running in cupboard  in my bedroom , it backed onto the bathroom (through the wall) and water had seeped through two full shelves of my cupboard and then onto my bedroom carpet. I did not discover it until I went to go to bed and was walking on wet carpet. It's a long unresolved story.
So that's enough for tonight I just want to wish you well and look forward to you being out and about again.
Lots of best healing wishes to you from me. Rita"

You replied to her this morning and thanked her for the good wishes and also mentioned the trouble she had been going through with regard to the water damage.  As it is unresolved it looks as though she has a problem to deal with there and you did mention that you assumed the contractors were sent in by her Landlords, so therefore, she should push for the damage that has been caused, to be paid for by them, so hope that is resolved quickly for her.

Yesterday you tackled the bathroom shelf - it is a long one that actually is the top of the boxed in pipes along the bathroom wall and runs into a shelf under the rad and to the cupboard under the sink.  You got most of it finished and back in place and there is just a little bit of finishing off to complete today, so will do that after this post.  You also need to do some more clearing out from your spare bedroom as Stephen and Rachel will need room for their things when they stay after you have had the op.  There are a couple of small sets of drawers empty, but would like to make a bit more room for their things, because to be honest, the wardrobes in there also have most of your hanging things in them as there is only a small wardrobe in the bedroom that you use and that is mainly for coats and jackets, so your tops, trousers, dresses, etc., are in the spare bedroom.

Well, you had better away and finish that little bit more work in the bathroom and then see what you can get rid of out of the spare bedroom. Yesterday you did watch another couple of DVDs while sorting out the rest of those bracelets, so two more films added to the pile and where you had three tubs of bracelets, there is now only one left and they are all sorted into groups of five, ready for crafting.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum