Nifty Fifties Plus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Pauline
Pauline
Admin
https://nifty-fifties.forumotion.com

Hello Everyone - Page 13 Empty Re: Hello Everyone

Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:26 am
Hello Everyone - Page 13 Nzg0z310  Good Morning Ladies.

I am keeping this very short as last night was a really restless one for me and I didn't sleep at all well, plus aches and pains were bad yesterday and again this morning.

Dian I hope your perm went well yesterday and you got the transport there and back in those high winds.

Jean, hope all is ok with you.

Barbara, usual things for you yeterday and see that David got in one of his long walks. Somehow I don't think Rita is having a good day just recently with all that has happened re the water damage.

Because I had so many aches and pains yesterday I didn't get done all I would have liked to and today think it is take it easy time and catch up with some reading, so hope you all have a good start to the weekend.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:39 am
Hello Everyone - Page 13 Ckplib65
Pauline busy busy as ever and so organized .Sorry you did have a bad night with aches and pain .Not nice so do hope you will have a better night tonight .That was great  hearing from Rita but so sorry for the water damage and the trouble getting it all sorted .

Jean do hope you have a good day with Peanut

Barbara good you and David have a had a nice day and you were busy with your usual work out

Son just popped in so will finish here just now

It is a nice bright day
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:08 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 13 Eyffgs96

Pauline do hope you have had a better night with little pain .Pain wears you down......not nice at all .You will be so glad to get your operation which should make a big difference .

Jean do hope your having a good day

Barbara also hope you and David are having a nice day with no problems

Feel so sorry for Rita now having that problem with the water

Well so far it is dry but more rain is forecast .I did manage to get to the hairdresser on Friday  but it was a struggle .After we got our hair done my friend and I popped into a nice restaurant and enjoyed a nice meal there then home on the bus but glad I got there and home by  myself even though hard work
Wishing you all a pleasant day
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:27 pm
went to Norwich yesterday and had a lovely time then had to come home it always gets me down as I miss my home city so much
#dull here again
Pauls diabetes is getting worse and I am worried for him
whast happened to Rita ??
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:35 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 13 With_g12    Hi Ladies.  I did take it easy yesterday and started on the book that Rachel gave me last time she was here - a thriller which has started off well.  I have now finished all of wiring those bracelets together and yesterday actually got down to repairing three good necklaces (costume jewellery) that I have that needed some small round joining hooks and then got on and actually sorted out the large box where all of the jewellery repair things are - sorting out the gold coloured from the silver coloured hooks, earring fixings, necklace fixings and loads of other small things, so everything is easy to find and I can tell when I am getting short of some of the items.  

Today I have ordered all the hooks I will need for hanging all those decorations around the roof of the garden shelter.  That is the trouble these days that when it comes to things like hooks, etc., all you can get in the shops are boxes of mixed sizes,  or tiny packets (less than what  you need of one size) so you are forced to deal off of the internet.  Do you remember how it used to be in Woolworths years ago, when you could get as many of what you wanted of small DIY items, like nails, screws, hooks, length of chains for attaching sink and bath plugs, etc? and that made life so much easier.  I also repaired a gold bracelet I have (21st birthday present), that needed the safety chain fixing and that has been hanging about waiting for a few months for attention.

Cannot say that the pain got any better yeterday and had to take an extra couple of tablets during the day.  Today it has eased a bit and relieved about that. Yesterday the nasal spray that I have to use for a couple of days before I go into the hospital, arrived in the post   They had run out of it when I had the pre op.  Three weeks tomorrow and I will be hopefully getting over the op, if it is done early.

Hope Jean and Barbara you are enjoying  your weekend.

Dian, expect you enjoyed the visit from your son yesterday and today is going well for you.  Yes, that is such a problem that Rita has had to deal with. Thankfully today the pain has eased a bit for me, but it is getting more and more noticeable how difficult it is for me to walk around the house and yes, it does wear you down.  I can remember how you were when that back pain of yours was a constant thing for quite a while.  Just seen your post arrive while I was typing. At least you and your friend managed to go for a nice meal after both having your hair done, but it was a struggle for you to get there and get home after that, without the usual help from your daughter, as she wasn't available that day.  So far today it has been dry for you, but you are expecting rain and here it is getting gloomy and quite windy.

Tomorrow, I hope I can get to the club and I also want to get to the centre after that to get a card and some flowers for Susi, as she is calling in on Tuesday and it is her birthday in a couple of days.  Good news for Kai, her oldest son.  On Saturday he had his introduction day at Birmingham Uni, where he hoped to study music and can say that they were so impressed with him that he was offered a place straight away for entry there this year.  Really so happy for him.

Hope the rest of the afternoon and evening goes well for you all.

P.S  Jean, Just caught your post this afternoon as I was checking mine, before posting it.  Glad you enjoyed the trip to Norwich, but not good news about Paul's diabetes getting worse.  Jean if you look back on the previous page you will see I put a copy of Rita's email - sorry, been sitting here too long now to explain it all again.  This chair doesn't do much good for my dodgy hip and got to get up and limp around for a while..
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:34 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

Firstly, I must apologise for not posting yesterday but I'd forgotten to mention that Andrew was coming to stay with us yesterday and is staying until very early Monday morning, when he'll drive back home to his flat and will be working from home that day.

David went out early this morning to buy a newspaper and some other bits and pieces.  I've done the full range of my exercises.  We all watched some TV and then the 3 of us went into Addiscombe and into The Tram Stop Cafe for an All Day Breakfast and a cup of coffee each.  On coming back home, I came on to my laptop and David and Andrew went out again for a longer walk and they enjoyed that.  I haven't yet tackled the general knowledge crossword in today's newspaper but shall attempt to do so after I've finished on here.  I've watched some TV and have done some reading.  I've also done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.  "The Boys" are now watching horse racing on the TV and Andrew has just made us a nice hot drink each.

We've been fairly lucky with the weather today.  It's been fairly mild apart from there being a very strong wind blowing on our way to and back from The Tram Stop.  It's stayed dry apart from some drizzle that has just started.

PAULINE: You are keeping this very short as the night before last was a really restless one for you and you didn't sleep at all well, plus aches and pains were bad yesterday and again yesterday morning.

Because you had so many aches and pains the day before yesterday you didn't get done all you would have liked to and today think it is take it easy time and catch up with some reading.

You did take it easy yesterday and started on the book that Rachel gave you last time she was here - a thriller which has started off well.  You have now finished all of wiring those bracelets together and yesterday actually got down to repairing three good necklaces (costume jewellery) that you have that needed some small round joining hooks and then got on and actually sorted out the large box where all of the jewellery repair things are - sorting out the gold coloured from the silver coloured hooks, earring fixings, necklace fixings and loads of other small things, so everything is easy to find and you can tell when you are getting short of some of the items.  

Today you have ordered all the hooks you will need for hanging all those decorations around the roof of the garden shelter.  That is the trouble these days that when it comes to things like hooks, etc., all you can get in the shops are boxes of mixed sizes,  or tiny packets (less than what  you need of one size) so you are forced to deal off of the internet.  Do you remember how it used to be in Woolworths years ago, when you could get as many of what you wanted of small DIY items, like nails, screws, hooks, length of chains for attaching sink and bath plugs, etc? and that made life so much easier.  You also repaired a gold bracelet you have (21st birthday present), that needed the safety chain fixing and that has been hanging about waiting for a few months for attention.

Cannot say that the pain got any better yeterday and had to take an extra couple of tablets during the day.  Today it has eased a bit and relieved about that. Yesterday the nasal spray that you have to use for a couple of days before you go into the hospital, arrived in the post   They had run out of it when you had the pre op.  Three weeks tomorrow and you will be hopefully getting over the op, if it is done early.

DIAN: Yesterday, son just popped in so will finish here just now.

It is a nice bright day.

Well so far today it is dry but more rain is forecast.  You did manage to get to the hairdresser on Friday  but it was a struggle.  After you got your hair done you and your friend popped into a nice restaurant and enjoyed a nice meal there then home on the bus but glad you got there and home by  yourself even though hard work.

JEAN: Went to Norwich yesterday and had a lovely time then had to come home.  It always gets you down as you miss your home city so much.

#Dull there again.

Pauls diabetes is getting worse and you are worried for him.

I hope that Rita is feeling well.

Stay safe and well, everyone!

Lots of love from me to all!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:20 am
Hello Everyone - Page 13 H8ml5t10  Good Morning Ladies.

Barbara, see you have been enjoying the time over this weekend with Andrew staying with you and he is back home this morning to work from home for today.

Jean and Dian, hope the rest of the weekend went well for you.

I did take it easy yesterday after posting on here and got well into that book, caught up with some recorded t v and watched my dvd of Land Girls.  Settled down fairly early after taking a couple of pain killers, but in the early hours of the morning I had to take another couple of tablets because the pain was bad again.  Don't like taking more than two lots of two tablets in 24 hours, but definitely getting to the stage where more relief is needed, so roll on the next 3 weeks to the op.  At the moment the pain has still lessened so have dealt with the emails, posting quicly on here and then getting ready to get to the club.  I do have to go to the centre directly after the club to get the birthday card and some flowers for Susi for tomorrow when she is here in the morning and will enjoy the time with her.

Hope the week starts off well for you all and you have a good day.  Here the weather is gloomy looking, but it is dry and calm.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:36 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 13 Bells_41
Pauline that is good your op not too long to get it done as you are really suffering with the pain and I know how pain wears you down. Good you got a lot more  jewellery  fixed and ready for the garden space .Hope you have a nice time at your club and manage to get your card and flowers for Susi .

Jean that was good you enjoyed your day out .

Barbara that was a really nice weekend that you and David had with Andrew .Nice that you all managed out together .You will miss him when he goes home

Well weather not too bad at the moment but does not look good for the rest of the week .Off now to have a nice cuppa
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:52 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

After yesterday's splendid sunshine all day, today is another murky one with no sign of the sun at all.  It's chilly but at least it's stayed dry.

Andrew got up really early this morning and set off for home in his car.  He'll be working from home today.  We all had a lovely weekend together and we always miss him once he's gone back home but at least he keeps in touch by text and phone until his next visit.

David went out early this morning to do the essential shopping.  I've done the full range of my exercises.  Later on in the morning, David went upstairs into our loft to play with his model railway..  I've tackled the cryptic crossword in today's newspaper but still have more to do on it and shall attempt to do so after I've finished on here.  I've watched some TV and have done some reading.  I've also done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.  After lunch, David went on one of his long walks and is now watching a Western on the TV.

PAULINE: You did take it easy yesterday after posting on here and got well into that book, caught up with some recorded tv and watched your dvd of Land Girls.  Settled down fairly early after taking a couple of pain killers, but in the early hours of the morning you had to take another couple of tablets because the pain was bad again.  Don't like taking more than two lots of two tablets in 24 hours, but definitely getting to the stage where more relief is needed, so roll on the next 3 weeks to the op.  At the moment the pain has still lessened so have dealt with the emails, posting quicly on here and then getting ready to get to the club.  You do have to go to the centre directly after the club to get the birthday card and some flowers for Susi for tomorrow when she is here in the morning and will enjoy the time with her.

Hope the week starts off well for you all and you have a good day.  Here the weather is gloomy looking, but it is dry and calm.

DIAN: Well weather not too bad at the moment but does not look good for the rest of the week.  Off now to have a nice cuppa.

I hope that Jean is having a good day and that Rita is all right.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:27 am
Hello Everyone - Page 13 1010 Hello Ladies.  With that gif this morning I am thinking ahead to the forecasted snow and I won't be going out in that!!!!  

Yesterday at the club, Margaret also said that she wouldn't be travelling across town from where she lives to run the club, if there was snow on the ground and I don't think any of the members would be willing to get there. Hopefully any snow will have disappeared before the 20th, because they have arranged a meal out at a pub not far from me on that day, so hopefully I will be able to get there on the bus to enjoy that before I go into hospital on 26th.  I just hope I will be more mobile than I was yesterday.  I did manage to get there and also do the small amount of shopping after the club, but had to take a walking stick with me, because when I didn't have the shopping trolley to hold onto, there was no way I could actually cross the small space in the community centre without my back and leg giving way. Really dodgy yesterday, but thankfully got more mobile as the day went on and this morning I am that much better.  No win for me yesterday in the raffle, but we enjoyed a couple of quizes and our team of four won both of them with 19 out of 20 questions correct.  Got the card for Susi that I wanted at the centre and some colourful flowers for her and she will be here in about an hour, so had better get a move on.

Dian, got everything done that I wanted to do yesterday, but it is getting harder, so definitely  really glad that it isn't long to wait for the op.  While I was at the club yesterday the pharmicist phoned from the hospital and confirmed that I should continue taking the dispersible aspirin I have to take daily and take them in with me, plus carry on taking the pain killers until I go in, but leave them at home as they will use their own pain killers, so that is all sorted for me.  See your weather wasn't too good yesterday and you don't expect it to get better for the rest of the week and you can tell from my gif today, that the forecast isn't too good for here.  Hope you can get to your club tomorrow.

Barbara, Glad to read that you had an enjoyable weekend with Andrew there with you and when he left early yesterday to get home, you both got on with your usual things and David got in one of his long walks.

Hope the week started off well for you Jean.

Okay Ladies I must get a move on and hope you all have a good day.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:49 am
Hello Everyone - Page 13 Eviffi39Well so far it is dry but quite a high wind and to get wild later on .I popped round to local shop for some cat food as was running out .

Pauline good you did manage to get to the club and got Susi,s card and flowers.Yes very wise to stay in if we have snow and I think we might get some later on as well. Not too long now till you get your operation.Know how you feel

Jean hope you and Peanut are having a good day

Barbara do hope you and David are also having a nice day with no problems.Do hope the snow stays away

Son got me milk yesterday but I had to go round the local shop this morning for cat food and must say it is really expensive .Off now for a nice snack.Have a good day ladies
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:49 pm
dull and dark today went to the club. feel a bit off so hopefufly that will go
my friend went to hospital to find it all closed she had a large lump come up on her neck so they gave him some pills
what did happen to rita must have missed it
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:06 pm
Jean, Will be back tomorrow to answer you and Dian properly and also Barbara, because I reckon she will post later today, but in the meantime all you had to do was open up page 12 in another tab to see about Rita, but if you cannot do that, then here is a copy of what I put on there about Rita:-

"Hi Pauline this is a quick few words to wish you well and a good and quick recovery from your operation.
I will be thinking of you and keep in touch.
I have had men in doing new bathroom and stupid man had left a pipe thing tap running in cupboard  in my bedroom , it backed onto the bathroom (through the wall) and water had seeped through two full shelves of my cupboard and then onto my bedroom carpet. I did not discover it until I went to go to bed and was walking on wet carpet. It's a long unresolved story.
So that's enough for tonight I just want to wish you well and look forward to you being out and about again.
Lots of best healing wishes to you from me. Rita"

"I replied to her this morning and thanked her for the good wishes and also mentioned the trouble she had been going through with regard to the water damage.  As it is unresolved it looks as though she has a problem to deal with there and I did mention that I assumed the contractors were sent in by her Landlords, so therefore, she should push for the damage that has been caused, to be paid for by them, so hope that is resolved quickly for her."

Okay  Ladies, Susie has just left and I have a couple of telephone calls to make to the hospital about paperwork that has just arrived, so wishing you a good afternoon and evening.
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:51 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We have another dull day here, with no sign of the sun.  It's a tad chilly and also quite windy.

David went out early this morning to do the essential shopping.  I've done the full range of my exercises.  Later on in the morning, David went upstairs into our loft to play with his model railway..  I haven't yet tackled the cryptic crossword in today's newspaper but shall attempt to do so after I've finished on here.  I've watched some TV and have done some reading.  I've also done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.  After lunch, David and I watched some TV and he's now watching a Western on the TV, after having made us a hot drink each.

PAULINE: Yesterday at the club, Margaret also said that she wouldn't be travelling across town from where she lives to run the club, if there was snow on the ground and you don't think any of the members would be willing to get there. Hopefully any snow will have disappeared before the 20th, because they have arranged a meal out at a pub not far from you on that day, so hopefully you will be able to get there on the bus to enjoy that before you go into hospital on 26th.  You just hope you will be more mobile than you were yesterday.  You did manage to get there and also do the small amount of shopping after the club, but had to take a walking stick with you, because when you didn't have the shopping trolley to hold onto, there was no way you could actually cross the small space in the community centre without your back and leg giving way. Really dodgy yesterday, but thankfully got more mobile as the day went on and this morning you are that much better.  No win for you yesterday in the raffle, but you enjoyed a couple of quizes and your team of four won both of them with 19 out of 20 questions correct.  Got the card for Susi that you wanted at the centre and some colourful flowers for her and she was due to be with you in about an hour, so had better get a move on.

Susie had just left and you have a couple of telephone calls to make to the hospital about paperwork that has just arrived, so wishing you a good afternoon and evening.

DIAN: Well so far it is dry but quite a high wind and to get wild later on.  You popped round to local shop for some cat food as was running out.

Son got you milk yesterday but you had to go round the local shop this morning for cat food and must say it is really expensive.  Off now for a nice snack.

JEAN: Dull and dark today.  Went to the club.  Feel a bit off so hopefufly that will go.

Your friend went to hospital to find it all closed.  She had a large lump come up on her neck so they gave him some pills.

You asked what did happen to Rita.  Must have missed it.

I hope that Rita is all right.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:53 am
goodndess what a time Rita  is having with all that they should do it for her
feel a bit hot this morning so will check that later  it is cold apparently
going to well woman today for a jacket spud
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:48 am
Hello Everyone - Page 13 Iohfxi10    Hi Ladies.

Last evening the rain arrived and it poured for a good part of the night, but today it is now drying up, although there are plenty of grey clouds passing over with a bit of sun now and again peeping through.  So the forecast for here yesterday was correct with regard to the arrival of the rain, but I am hoping it is wrong about the arrival of the snow on Thursday/Friday.

I enjoyed the time with Susi yesterday and she was happy with her flowers and we had a good natter about crafting and DIY and at the moment she is sanding down, priming and now due to topcoat the woodwork down the stairs - that is one very tedious job.  

While she was here a letter arrived from the hospital (physio department) for me to get there on Friday.  Well that I cannot do as Rachel and Stephen will still be away for the week and Susi isn't able to get me there, because that is her birthday and a couple of her friends have booked something for her on the day.  I was going to phone them yesterday about this, but it was getting a bit late by the time Susi went, so will do that this morning.  In the meantime I did look up on the internet the exercises that were recommended  prior to hip replacement and got on and did some of them last evening before I settled down.  Now it might be coincidence, but I had the best sleep that I have had for quite a while with only one bathroom call, so when I speak with them today I will check the list of exercises I have found and might be able to avoid calling in there.  It is a bit annoying that I hadn't been advised about this appointment before now, but there it is.

Dian, because the weather looked a bit dodgy your way, so you only went around to the local shop to get some cat food and found out how expensive it was there.  Luckily your son had brought in some milk for you the day before.  You are probably right about snow arriving your way and you can see what I said about that proposed appointment for me on Friday - that is one I won't chance getting to under my own steam.  Enjoy your club today.

Jean, not a good time for Rita at all and I hope she manages to get compensation for all of that damage.  Enjoy your visit to Well Woman today and the lunch.

Barbara, Normal things for you and David yesterday and the weather not too good.

I am now going to write the list of the exercises I have found for pre op hip replacement, so I can list them to the physiotherapist when I make the phone call to him and possibly avoid that appointment, because until Rachel and Stephen are back I won't even know what days next they are available, so hopefully can sort that out.  Anyway if there is snow around, I don't want to risk going out, even with someone to old onto.  Hope you all have a good day.

Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:14 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 13 63708427
Pauline that was great having a good nights sleep so do hope it was the exercises .You will just be wanting the operation done and dusted .It certainly is not nice when you are not sure if you will be able to walk to places by yourself .That was how I felt when I went to the hairdresser by bus but so pleased I did manage .That was nice having time with Susi

Jean hope you felt better and got out for your jacket potato which I am sure you would enjoy

Barbara do hope you and David are having a good day with no problems.

I am not in long from the Wed club and did not have a win.It is a lovely day here so far but know the snow is not faraway. Lovely blue sky and sun shining brightly. Off now for a snack
Have a good day ladies
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:47 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We had rain during last night and not early this morning but it did clear up and we've had dull old weather for the rest of the day.

David went out early this morning to do the essential shopping.  I've done the full range of my exercises.  Later on in the morning, David went upstairs into our loft to play with his model railway..  I haven't yet tackled the cryptic crossword in today's newspaper but shall attempt to do so after I've finished on here.  I've watched some TV and have done some reading.  I've also done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.  After lunch, David and I watched some TV and he's now watching a Western on the TV, after having made us a hot drink each.

JEAN: Goodness what a time Rita  is having with all that.  They should do it for her.

Feel a bit hot this morning so will check that later.  It is cold apparently.

Going to well woman today for a jacket spud.

PAULINE: Last evening the rain arrived and it poured for a good part of the night, but today it is now drying up, although there are plenty of grey clouds passing over with a bit of sun now and again peeping through.  So the forecast for here yesterday was correct with regard to the arrival of the rain, but you are hoping it is wrong about the arrival of the snow on Thursday/Friday.

You enjoyed the time with Susi yesterday and she was happy with her flowers and you had a good natter about crafting and DIY and at the moment she is sanding down, priming and now due to topcoat the woodwork down the stairs - that is one very tedious job.  

While she was here a letter arrived from the hospital (physio department) for you to get there on Friday.  Well that you cannot do as Rachel and Stephen will still be away for the week and Susi isn't able to get you there, because that is her birthday and a couple of her friends have booked something for her on the day.  You were going to phone them yesterday about this, but it was getting a bit late by the time Susi went, so will do that this morning.  In the meantime you did look up on the internet the exercises that were recommended prior to hip replacement and got on and did some of them last evening before you settled down.  Now it might be coincidence, but you had the best sleep that you have had for quite a while with only one bathroom call, so when you speak with them today you will check the list of exercises you have found and might be able to avoid calling in there.  It is a bit annoying that you hadn't been advised about this appointment before now, but there it is.

DIAN: You are not in long from the Wed club and did not have a win.  It is a lovely day here so far but know the snow is not faraway. Lovely blue sky and sun shining brightly.  Off now for a snack.

I hope that Rita is fit and well.

Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:24 am
Hello Everyone - Page 13 Rain_l11  On the day we are supposed to be getting snow, it is pouring with rain again and there are several windy gusts so water is being blown out of the guttering before it can drain away and I just hope that this lot doesn't turn to snow.

Well I don't know what I did differently last evening, because I did a few of those same exercises again, but this morning was in complete agony and it took me ages to hobble around upstairs and get ready before I could even attempt to get downstairs.  Took a couple of tablets and I seem to be a bit better now, but daren't sit too long in this chair, because I know it doesn't do much for the posture.

I did get in touch with the physio yesterday and explained that I couldn't get there this Friday and they have made another appointment for Friday afternoon on 16th, but I have to phone them on Monday to either confirm or book another appointment after I have confirmed with Rachel if she is available for that date. Appraently it is to show me what I should and should't do and also see what I might need after the op.

Jean, hope you enjoyed your visit to Well Woman and things are going okay.

Dian, I do understad how you felt about getting to the hairdressers without the help from your daughter, because we certainy do lose confidence about walking outside by ourselves when we have gone through severe back and hip pain which so badly affects our walking. I know there is no way at the moment that I could attempt that outside without something or someone to hold onto.  Anyway you got that done and hope you are pleased with the perm.  Lovely weather for you yesterday, but you think the snow isn't that far off and also no win for you, but you enjoyed the club.

Barbara, same weather for you yesterday that we had here and now we are back to the rain again.  Usual things for you and David yesterday and he did the early shopping and then spent time with his trains and later joined you to watch some t v, after you had done all your exercises and the computer work.

Yesterday I did manage to sort through more clothes in the spare bedroom and got rid of some of my old clothes I use for DIY and garden work and am satisfied now there is enough room in there for Rachel and Stephen to put their things, when they stay here after I have the op - 6 drawers emptied now.  I still haven't been able to put the finishing touches to that bathroom shelf, because of not being able to get down to the level I need to tackle that and somehow don't think it would be wise to tackle that today, but will see how it goes.  Hope you all have a good day.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:27 am
Hello Everyone - Page 13 Eviffi40
Pauline sorry you have had such a painful morning so do hope it eases up soon for you. Good you managed to get your appointment changed for another time which suits you .See you are busy as ever getting the room sorted for Rachel and Stephen when they come to stay with you after your operation .Just do not do too much as is so easy done..

Jean hope your having a good day with Peanut

Barbara David did the essential shopping while you got on with your usual exercises some computer work and will tackle the crossword in the paper later.David went upstairs to his trains .
After lunch you both watched some tv and David made you both a nice hot drink.Then he watched a western on the TV

Washed and set my hair as going out to daughters later for dinner so looking forward to that .It was a very cold night and we did have a flurry of snow but thank goodness it has gone except some lying on the green .Off now for a nice cup of tea.Have a good day ladies
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:50 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We had rain during last night and into today until early afternoon.  It's stopped now and maybe that's it for today.  If we're lucky!

David couldn't get out this morning to do the essential shopping due to the heavy rain.  There was a break in the rain just after lunch and so he nipped out to get some shopping including the daily newspaper and my Take A Break magazine.  Consequently, I haven't yet been able to tackle the crossword but shall do so once I've finished on here.  I've done the full range of my exercises.  Later this morning until lunchtime, David went upstairs into our loft to play with his model railway.  I've watched some TV and have done some reading.  I've also done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.  After lunch, David and I watched some TV and he's now watching a Western on the TV, after having made us a hot drink each.

David had only just got back from doing the shopping after lunch, when our GP rang to see how I was, and to say that he didn't see much point in his trying to get me an earlier appointment for my spinal injection, as he didn't think he could make much difference.  This was just a week after he'd got his practice manager to ring me and say that he couldn't help me after all.  I think he'd had second thoughts as he sounded somewhat penitent today!  Anyway, he said today that if I wanted him to, he'd get his secretary to send a letter to try and get me an earlier appointment.  I said that I'd be grateful for any help he could give me.

PAULINE: On the day we are supposed to be getting snow, it is pouring with rain again where you are and there are several windy gusts so water is being blown out of the guttering before it can drain away and you just hope that this lot doesn't turn to snow.

Well you don't know what you did differently last evening, because you did a few of those same exercises again, but this morning was in complete agony and it took you ages to hobble around upstairs and get ready before you could even attempt to get downstairs.  Took a couple of tablets and you seem to be a bit better now, but daren't sit too long in this chair, because you know it doesn't do much for the posture.

You did get in touch with the physio yesterday and explained that you couldn't get there this Friday and they have made another appointment for Friday afternoon on 16th, but you have to phone them on Monday to either confirm or book another appointment after you have confirmed with Rachel if she is available for that date. Appraently it is to show you what you should and should't do and also see what you might need after the op.  At least they're looking after you, Pauline.

Yesterday you did manage to sort through more clothes in the spare bedroom and got rid of some of your old clothes you use for DIY and garden work and are satisfied now there is enough room in there for Rachel and Stephen to put their things, when they stay here after you have the op - 6 drawers emptied now.  You still haven't been able to put the finishing touches to that bathroom shelf, because of not being able to get down to the level you need to tackle that and somehow don't think it would be wise to tackle that today, but will see how it goes.

DIAN: Washed and set your hair as going out to daughters later for dinner so looking forward to that.  It was a very cold night and you did have a flurry of snow but thank goodness it has gone except some lying on the green. After posting, you went off for a nice cup of tea.

I hope that Jean is having a good day and that Rita is all right.

Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:45 am
well dog did not get out yesterday due to the rain and it look like he wil
l not be going today again
donot know if I shall go out to bowls  either
it is so dark and dull
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:08 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 13 Qthmeh13   Hi Ladies.  Pouring wth rain again from the early hours until about an hour ago,  but still cloudy although at least no snow and don't honestly think it is cold enough for that.

Stephen and Rachel flew out from Gatwick last Saturday for a cruise around the Canary Islands (that was a birthday present from Rachel for him) and this was the first photo waiting at Gatwick - good start to the holiday:-

Hello Everyone - Page 13 Img_4110 and obviously looking very smart for a formal evening:-
Hello Everyone - Page 13 42459510 and got a text message from Rachel this morning to say they had just called into Tenerife for their last full day and there apparently is a carnival there today (2nd in comparison to Rio), so that sounds a great finish to the holiday.

Yesterday I did manage to get the ironing done by sitting on a straight backed chair with the board down at a lower level, then put all of that away and managed to change my bed.  Cannot say any of that was easy, but just cannot cease up totally because of the pain and of course, paying for it this morning.  Having done the ironing and stripped and remade the bed yesterday I now have my bedroom to dust and vacuum and have already done two loads of washing and that is now drying indoors.

Dian, anything I am doing is at a very slow and careful pace and if I didn't attempt to do some of the housework, I think I would cease up completely, so painful as it is, I just have to keep moving.  See you did get a flurry of snow, but not a lot and you were looking forward to going out to dinner last evening at your daughter's.  Hope you are enjoying a trip out with her this morning.

Barbara, Rain like we had for you yesterday and David had to wait to get out late for the necessary shopping, newspaper and your magazine, so you were going to tackle the crossword later in the day.  I see you got a follow up call from your GP about him not being able to chase for a quicker appointment at the pain clinic - as you said, probably felt a bit guilty letting the staff make that call for him, but he has offered to get his secretary to send a letter requesting an earlier appointment, so hope that does the trick. After contacting the physio at the hospital and making a different appointment, at least as you said, they are being thorough and looking after me.

Jean, very good reason for no walk for Peanut yesterday with all of the rain and the same again today, but here (not far from you) it seems to have stopped for a while, so hope you do get to your bowls.

Well Ladies, I am going to make a cup of coffee and then upstairs to tidy my bedoom.  Have caught up with email and messages on Facebook - wished Susi a happy birthday and also sent a message to Alison, my cousin who was so ill and hope she is recovering, so think I have caught up with everyone and wishing you a good end to the week.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Fri Feb 09, 2024 3:15 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 13 4cnhg189
Pauline well we know housework never ending but good you got so much done and dusted. That looks a really nice cruise that  Stephen and Rachel are on .Lucky them .Hope you have not done too much work as changing the bed can be difficult

Jean hope you have had a nice day

Barbara as it was raining David had to postpone his shopping till the rain went off but did manage out for his essential shopping later .I do hope you can get your injection soon as the Doctor had phoned you .and said he would try .Do hope you get word soon

I enjoyed a nice meal at my daughters last night .Grand daughter and her partner picked me up and later drove me home Enjoyed a nice roast beef dinner .Daughter picked me up as usual  this morning and we went to a shopping mall not too far away .We had breakfast in Greggs then we split up for two hours to do our shopping. Pleased I got 2 pairs of trousers in Edinburgh Woollen Mill sale .Not long in now off for a nice hot cup of tea.

BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Fri Feb 09, 2024 3:52 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We had rain during last night and into this morning again but it paused in time to let David go and do the essential shopping.  It rained a bit more after that and it's been stopping and starting ever since then.  It can't make its mind up!

As stated above, David did the essential shopping early this morning.  I've done the full range of my exercises.  Later this morning, until lunchtime, David went upstairs into our loft to play with his model railway.  I've watched some TV and have done some reading.  I've also done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.  After lunch, David and I watched some TV and he's now watching a Western on the TV, after having made us a hot drink each.

JEAN: Well dog did not get out yesterday due to the rain and it look like he will not be going today again.  Do not know if you shall go out to bowls either.  It is so dark and dull.

PAULINE: Pouring wth rain again from the early hours until about mid morning,  but still cloudy although at least no snow and don't honestly think it is cold enough for that.

Stephen and Rachel flew out from Gatwick last Saturday for a cruise around the Canary Islands (that was a birthday present from Rachel for him) and shown is the first photo waiting at Gatwick - good start to the holiday; and obviously looking very smart for a formal evening (also shown); and got a text message from Rachel this morning to say they had just called into Tenerife for their last full day and there apparently is a carnival there today (2nd in comparison to Rio), so that sounds a great finish to the holiday.

Yesterday you did manage to get the ironing done by sitting on a straight backed chair with the board down at a lower level, then put all of that away and managed to change your bed.  Cannot say any of that was easy, but just cannot cease up totally because of the pain and of course, paying for it this morning.  Having done the ironing and stripped and remade the bed yesterday you now have your bedroom to dust and vacuum and have already done two loads of washing and that is now drying indoors.

Well Ladies, after posting, you made a cup of coffee and then upstairs to tidy your bedoom.  Have caught up with email and messages on Facebook - wished Susi a happy birthday and also sent a message to Alison, your cousin who was so ill and hope she is recovering, so think you have caught up with everyone and wishing you a good end to the week.

DIAN: You enjoyed a nice meal at your daughters last night.  Grand daughter and her partner picked you up and later drove you home.  Enjoyed a nice roast beef dinner.  Daughter picked you up as usual  this morning and you went to a shopping mall not too far away.  You had breakfast in Greggs then you split up for two hours to do your shopping.  Pleased you got 2 pairs of trousers in Edinburgh Woollen Mill sale.  Not long in now and off for a nice hot cup of tea.

I hope that Rita is fit and well.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum