Nifty Fifties Plus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Hello Everyone - Page 11 Empty Re: Hello Everyone

Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:14 pm
[url=https://servimg.com/view/20102617/1595]Hello Everyone - Page 11 Ckplib64[/url

Pauline good you got your emails opened with the help of Rachel .Yes I think it could be difficult to sell or buy a house with the way everything is going at the moment .Nothing to cheer us on the news either .Lets hope you do get word very soon about your op.Duke is eating well and seems fine but his fur on his back does not look right and his owner agreed and her vet is fully booked up to Wed..

Jean do hope you feel a bit better soon .Not nice when you do not feel right .

Barbara hope you and David are having a good day with no problems

Well it is still very cold and miserable here .Roll on the spring...........weather not looking great here as still bitter cold........Off now to make something for lunch
Have a good weekend all
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:55 am
we;ll this morning a leak on the bathroom floor moped it up and think it is the dog have put paper down to see if it leaks  he has never done this beofre
this morning I should be going out to lunch with the wellibus my son did asked me but I had already booked it
bit better today
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:23 am
Hello Everyone - Page 11 Eviffi38
Thank goodness snow and ice gone so hope it stays that way. roll on spring

Pauline hope your having a good weekend and do hope you had a better night but very unlikely .Yes will make a big difference for you to be pain free. I know it made a big difference to my son .You will be looking forward for your club tomorrow .

Jean good you are feeling a bit better .Enjoy your outing today

Barbara and David also hope you are both having a good day

Cold and wet but better than snow and ice .Granddaughter phoned me and will take me out on Tuesday so looking forward to that .Now really need to get on with some housework
Wishing you all a nice day
Pauline
Pauline
Admin
https://nifty-fifties.forumotion.com

Sun Jan 21, 2024 1:57 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 11 Vgrlbk12  Not quite as windy this afternoon, althought there are sudden blustery gusts and it was certainly bad through the night, but no damage done in my garden thank goodness, as there is no way I could go out there and lift things back into place,  Still plenty of rubbish blowing my way at the front though and tomorrow when going out to the club, I might just pick some of that up and put it in the carrier bags that have blown my way and get rid of that lot in the bus stop litter bin.

Yesterday completed transferring anything that needed to be put in this year's diary (so no birthdays, etc., are forgotten) and also spent some time transferring some more photos off of the phone onto the computer, seeing as I will have to be looking for a new phone soon.  Also making sure the computer isn't too overloaded, as that is chugging away slowly.  While I have been typing this I have been waiting for a further 10 to download and they have all arrived and I have temporarily stored them on a folder on the desktop, until I can get them into the correct folders and when I check, I am sure there are several copies that can be done away with.  It is just as well that I cannot do anything more active, like the garden or decorating, because I am gradually getting up-to-date with all of the fiddly admin jobs.

Jean, good to read you are a bit better today and you are going out to lunch with the wellibus.  Paul did ask you for lunch, but you had already booked the bus.  Hope that was only Peanut making a mistake and not a leak in the bathroom that you have got to deal with.  Well if I continue on with the paid op, the pre op is this coming Friday and the op is lined up for Feb 26th.  Now the consultation under the NHS at the same hospital has arrived for the 11th March, but Rachel is trying to find out more, but it still looks as though the actual op under the NHS would be too long a wait, so seems the correct choice has been made to pay for this, get it over and done with and on the road to recovery and a more active life again.

Dian, you are right, no good news to cheer up anyone at the moment.  It does seem that we might have made the right choice about paying for the op, because although Rachel has been trying to find out how long I would have to wait for the NHS op, since the consultation appointment under the NHS has arrived from the same hospital, from what she has found out it would still be a long wait for op under that, so better pay up and get back on the road to better mobility again.  Seeing what you have written about your son, was that the same type of op he had?  Good to read that he is much better now.  Hope everything is okay with Duke, but usually a sign that something could be wrong when their fur isn't looking too good. Weather still not that wonderful your way, but at least the snow and ice has gone and definitely we had no frost this morning - far too windy overnight for that. Yes I am looking forward to the club visit tomorrow and expect you will enjoy your trip out with your granddaughte on Tuesday.

Hope you are enjoying your weekend Barbara and expect you will be posting later.

Must away now and think the first thing I need to do is get rid of another lot of photos and then on with some more sewing while watching another couple of DVDs.  Hope you all enjoy your Sunday afternoon.
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:15 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We had rain early this morning but that didn't last very long.  The heavy winds arrived as forecast, at around midday, and the storm itself is due this evening and into tonight.

David did the essential shopping early this morning.  I've restarted the full range of my exercises but am being extra careful for the time being.  Ive tackled the general knowledge crossword in the TV magazine, but have more to do on it and shall attempt to do so when I've finished on here.  I've watched some TV and have done some reading.  I've also done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.  Later in the morning, David went upstairs into our loft to play with his model railway.  After lunch, he put the horse racing on the TV and made us a hot drink each.  He's now gone back upstairs to play with his model railway again.

JEAN: Well this morning a leak on the bathroom floor.  Moped it up and think it is the dog.  Have put paper down to see if it leaks   He has never done this before.

This morning you should be going out to lunch with the wellibus.   Your son did asked you but you had already booked it.

Bit better today.

DIAN: Thank goodness snow and ice gone so hope it stays that way.  Roll on spring.

Cold and wet but better than snow and ice.  Granddaughter phoned you and will take you out on Tuesday so looking forward to that.  Now really need to get on with some housework.

PAULINE: Not quite as windy this afternoon, althought there are sudden blustery gusts and it was certainly bad through the night, but no damage done in your garden thank goodness, as there is no way you could go out there and lift things back into place,  Still plenty of rubbish blowing your way at the front though and tomorrow when going out to the club, You might just pick some of that up and put it in the carrier bags that have blown your way and get rid of that lot in the bus stop litter bin.

Yesterday completed transferring anything that needed to be put in this year's diary (so no birthdays, etc., are forgotten) and also spent some time transferring some more photos off of the phone onto the computer, seeing as you will have to be looking for a new phone soon.  Also making sure the computer isn't too overloaded, as that is chugging away slowly.  While you have been typing this you have been waiting for a further 10 to download and they have all arrived and you have temporarily stored them on a folder on the desktop, until you can get them into the correct folders and when you check, you are sure there are several copies that can be done away with.  It is just as well that you cannot do anything more active, like the garden or decorating, because you are gradually getting up-to-date with all of the fiddly admin jobs.

After posting, you had to away and think the first thing you need to do is get rid of another lot of photos and then on with some more sewing while watching another couple of DVDs.

I hope that Rita is having a good day.

Stay safe and well, everyone!

Lots of love from me to all!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:55 am
Hello Everyone - Page 11 B8ebnt27
Pauline my son had a hip operation done privately and he was unlucky to have trouble with a virus as the whole hip had to be taken out and sterilized in the NHS .Just one of unusual problem but he is fine now and walks without a stick .He ended up playing golf with the surgeon.Do hope you manage to get your op soon

Jean hope you had a nice time yesterday Hope you did not have a leak

Barbara good you are back doing all your exercises again .David did his essential shopping while you got on with your usual work .Later David played with his model railway then he came down and made you a nice hot drink .David then watched the racing before he went back upstairs to his model railway.

Well it was a wild night with strong winds blowing but pleased has calmed down again .Now it is raining but better than snow.........have a good day all
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Mon Jan 22, 2024 12:44 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 11 Lwobte11  Slow work getting the gif on here this morning and now it has just gone midday.  Anyway after such a strong buffetting by the winds last night (just one planter over in the back garden thankfully) we now have a much calmer day.  Margaret phoned me last night to say she had cancelled the club for today because of the high winds and in fact we were supposed to have a speaker at the club today, but as she had quite a way to drive, that has been put off until next week.  Anyway I still have to collect the prescription today and might do some more top up shopping, just in case the weather gets bad again.

Margaret also gave me an update on Lesley, club secretary who had been in hospital for an op.  She has been home for about three weeks, but wound doesn't seem to be healing and is hot and she has to go back to hospital for this to be checked.  Doesn't sound too good and not sure what the op was for, but the scar runs at the back of the leg from just above the knee and into the lower back, so obviously there is no way that she is able to sit comfortably, even if it is healing, so hope thlngs go well with her.

I finished the diary at long last, but there are still more photos to be transferred off of my phone and onto the computer and then that will mean a lot of going through them on the pc and getting rid of quite a lot of them and transferring others onto the external hard drive that I have.  Caught up on some recorded t v and enjoyed Vera last evening.

Jean hope you enjoyed that lunch yesterday and what is the update on the possible leak in the bathroom?

Barbara, Expect those heavy winds arrived your way and hope everything in your garden survived.  You have re started the full range of your exercises again, but taking it all very carefully and David having done the shopping, divided his time between the model railway and watching horse racing on t v.

Dian, my goodness that was quite awful what your son had to go through with the removal of the entire hip and for it to be steralized under NHS, because of a virus picked up after the original op - really good to know how well he has recovered from that and now doing so well.  Definitely made the decision that I will be paying for op (with Stephen's help) and pre op is this coming Friday and op on Feb 26th, so not long to wait now.  Just taking things easy until then and doing my best not to agitate it.  Thankfully the wild weather has calmed down your way and now it is raining, but as you say, better than the snow.  Here we have a dry day so I am going to go out and get that prescripton directly after posting this, while the weather is good.

Wishing you all a pleasant afternoon and evening Ladies.
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:49 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

It was the calm after the storm this morning.  I heard the storm during last evening but heard nothing at all during the night.  I think our double glazing must be doing its job very well!  During this morning, there was a slight shower, and the same earlier this afternoon.  David went outside into the garden this morning to clean some much off one of our windows, presumably caused during last night's storm.  Other than that, we didn't have any problems caused by the storm, fortunately, unlike other areas of our country.

David did the essential shopping early this morning.  I did the full range of my exercises and am feeling more confident about doing them now.  I've tackled the cryptic crossword in the newspaper, but have more to do on it and shall attempt to do so when I've finished on here.  I've watched some TV and have done some reading.  I've also done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.  Later in the morning, David went upstairs into our loft to play with his model railway.  After lunch, he went back upstairs and has now made us a hot drink each.  He's now watching a Western on the TV.

DIAN: Well it was a wild night with strong winds blowing but pleased has calmed down again .Now it is raining but better than snow.  Most certainly that's right, Dian!

PAULINE: Slow work getting the gif on here this morning and then it had just gone midday.  Anyway after such a strong buffetting by the winds last night (just one planter over in the back garden thankfully) you now have a much calmer day.  Margaret phoned you last night to say she had cancelled the club for today because of the high winds and in fact you were supposed to have a speaker at the club today, but as she had quite a way to drive, that has been put off until next week.  Anyway you still have to collect the prescription today and might do some more top up shopping, just in case the weather gets bad again.

Margaret also gave you an update on Lesley, club secretary who had been in hospital for an op.  She has been home for about three weeks, but wound doesn't seem to be healing and is hot and she has to go back to hospital for this to be checked.  Doesn't sound too good and not sure what the op was for, but the scar runs at the back of the leg from just above the knee and into the lower back, so obviously there is no way that she is able to sit comfortably, even if it is healing, so hope thlngs go well with her.

You finished the diary at long last, but there are still more photos to be transferred off of your phone and onto the computer and then that will mean a lot of going through them on the pc and getting rid of quite a lot of them and transferring others onto the external hard drive that you have.  Caught up on some recorded t v and enjoyed Vera last evening.

I hope that Jean is all right and that Rita is having a good day.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:52 am
the leak on the bathroom floor was caused by Peanut thank goodness for that no plumber
Pauline are you having that op privately?
David died two years ago this Friday I am so lost without him
it is dark and dull with rain yet again but better than that dreadful wind
Dian your son did have a  rough time glad he is ok now
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:22 am
Hello Everyone - Page 11 6ujrhj38
Pauline hope you have had a good night and slept well .Think it was wise for Margaret to cancel the club  on such a wild day Do hope you did manage to venture out safely and get some shopping Do hope it is not too long for your operation .

Jean good it was not a leak but just an accident with Peanut. Jean I know what it is like loosing David .My husband name was also David and it is now twenty years since he passed away and it just seems like yesterday .He had just picked me up at my club and was dead 3 hours later .Such is life and we just need to get on with it as they would have wished .It is still difficult

Barbara that is really good now you are doing all your exercises again .I am sure David would be doing his essential shopping .Do hope you are having a good day

Another wet miserable morning here and we are to have another wild storm tonight .My granddaughter is taking me out for dinner today so that did cheer me up .does break the day up.
Wishing you all a good day
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:11 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 11 Hlvkp211  Hello Ladies. I am glad that I did collect the prescription yesterday and got that bit of top up shopping, because we are back to the rain today and it is gloomy with it.

Had to wait for the prescription to be made up, but only for 7 minutes behind 3 other people, so nowhere near like the wait I used to get in Boots and then back on the bus, which was at the nearby stop and to the centre. Got some bargains in Tesco and after a quick shop I didn't have long to wait for a bus home. Got the shopping away and then sat down with a cappuccino and a cold hot cross bun (both on offer in Tesco and bang went the diet yesterday) and enjoyed that. After that I sorted out some more emails that had arrived while I was out and shifted some more photos off of the phone.

While I was in Tesco I popped into their phone shop and got some advice and they pointed out a phone that would suit me and said that if I looked in a couple of weeks (early Feb) that particular phone might be on offer.  They are really helpful in there with the advice they give - always been so pleased with them since I switched to Tesco network from o2 and that is 4 years now.

Jean, yes unfortunately got to pay for the op, because been told that if I did wait for the op under NHS (in the same hospital) then the muscles will probably be past repair.  Mind you, knees aren't that good either, but have managed with those aches ad pains for a long time, but it is the hip that gives me such awful pain and stops me having a good night's sleep.  When I was filling in my diary for this year, I noticed the date that you lost David - two years now, but you still miss him so badly and that we can all understand after being together for such a long time.  Good to read that wasn't a leak in the bathroom, just Peanut having a leak Rolling Eyes.

Barbara, thankfully no damage you had to cope with from the winds and I only had the one planter to pick up and I did clear some of the rubbish that had blown my way in the front garden when I went out - pushed a lot of it into a plastic carrier bag that had also arrived and deposited that lot in the bus stop litter bin on the way out. You got on well with more confidence yesterday with your full lot of exercises and that is good to read.  Cannot keep up with these storms coming our way, I thought we were still into a storm beginning with E, but now they are talking about a storm starting with J coming our way today - where did F, G, H and I go to!!!!   Sounds as though your double glazing kept a lot of the sound away from you.

Dian, certainly glad to have got out yesterday, because, like your way the rain is back today and another storm threatened for this evening.  So many of them coming our way at the moment.  Despite the bad weather I hope you enjoy the time out with your granddaughter today.

Must away now Ladies and get on with some more photo shifting and a bit more sewing.  Hope you all enjoy your day.
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:41 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We've had rain nonstop from early this morning, which means that we've gone back to its being dark and gloomy.  It's quite heavy rain but at least we haven't got the strong winds this time, and it's turned very chilly again.

David did the essential shopping early this morning.  I've done the full range of my exercises and am feeling more confident about doing them now.  I haven't  yet tackled the cryptic crossword in the newspaper, but shall attempt to do so when I've finished on here.  I've watched some TV and have done some reading.  I've also done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.  Later in the morning, David went upstairs into our loft to play with his model railway.  After lunch, he went back upstairs and has now made us a hot drink each.  He's now watching a Western on the TV.

JEAN: The leak on the bathroom floor was caused by Peanut.  Thank goodness for that.  No plumber.

David died two years ago this Friday. You are so lost without him.  That's understandable, Jean.

It is dark and dull with rain yet again but better than that dreadful wind.

DIAN: Another wet miserable morning where you are and you are to have another wild storm tonight.  Your granddaughter is taking you out for dinner today so that did cheer you up.  It does break the day up.

PAULINE: You are glad that you did collect the prescription yesterday and got that bit of top up shopping, because you are back to the rain today and it is gloomy with it.

Had to wait for the prescription to be made up, but only for 7 minutes behind 3 other people, so nowhere near like the wait you used to get in Boots and then back on the bus, which was at the nearby stop and to the centre. Got some bargains in Tesco and after a quick shop you didn't have long to wait for a bus home. Got the shopping away and then sat down with a cappuccino and a cold hot cross bun (both on offer in Tesco and bang went the diet yesterday) and enjoyed that. After that you sorted out some more emails that had arrived while you were out and shifted some more photos off of the phone.

While you were in Tesco you popped into their phone shop and got some advice and they pointed out a phone that would suit you and said that if you looked in a couple of weeks (early Feb) that particular phone might be on offer.  They are really helpful in there with the advice they give - always been so pleased with them since you switched to Tesco network from o2 and that is 4 years now.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:09 am
Hello Everyone - Page 11 0bhars12 I have been up since 5 this morning and now at 7.40 it is still dark and gloomy.  I have noticed the we are getting daylight until 5 in the evening now, but yesterday with that bad weather, it was getting dark at 3 in the afternoon and it looks like another gloomy day today, although at the moment it is dry.

I am up far too early because of being in such a lot of pain and last night had to rub in Ibuprofen gel into the knees because the pain was so bad there.  Just been reading on the internet that a badly arthritic hip can cause extra pain in the knees, so hoping when the op takes place that will relieve the knee pain - reading a lot of different accounts, apparently that does improve, so I hope so, because I was getting worried that the knees were going past repair  Rolling Eyes.  Anyway, after this I am off to the recliner for a while to try and get a bit more sleep.

Being up so early I have been going through a lot of the photos on the pc and found I could get rid of a lot of resized photos, leaving the originals for future use, so another job badly needed, has been started on and that was only in the crafting folder and not finished in there yet and there are loads of other folders to go through.  I just hope that everything that is deleted off of the pc is going to help it and stop it chugging away so slowly.

Barbara, yes I agree with what you said about your weather yesterday, with the heavy rain, being so dark and gloomy.  I see you managed to carry on with the full range of your exercises and expect I will end up with physio to do after the op, to get my muscles working again.

Hope today goes well for all of you and I apologise for keeping it short this morning, as I need to get off of this chair.  
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:44 am
the wind roared last night again and now it is dark and dull
I think hips costs a lot of money nowadays I think someone I knew paid around £
ten grand  should not have to do this at all
I am abnit off as well lungs playing up
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:36 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 11 7fw3im61Pauline sorry your having so much pain as it really pulls you down so hope you manage to get your op soon. We will be glad when January is over.as I always find it a gloomy month .It is a nice bright sunny day here so hope it continues as taking the cat to the vet with its owner this afternoon .Mind you it was a wild night

Jean hope your having a good day  

Barbara hope you and David are having a good day with no problems. Good you are still busy with your exercises

Just in from the Wed club and did not win at bingo but lady at our table won the snowball of £80 so she was very happy .Just waiting on cats owner to take cat to the vet/
Such a nice bright day compared to yesterday as it never stopped raining but had a nice day with the granddaughter
Wishing you all a good day
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:39 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We had lovely sunshine this morning and it was definitely a bit warmer.  We've had no rain at all today so far, making up for the large amount we had yesterday.  It did stay dark for quite a while again this morning but that is improving, thankfully.

David did the essential shopping early this morning.  I've done the full range of my exercises and am feeling more confident about doing them now.  I've  tackled the cryptic crossword in the newspaper, but have still more to do on it, which I shall attempt to do when I've finished on here.  I've watched some TV and have done some reading.  I've also done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.  Later in the morning, David went upstairs into our loft to play with his model railway.  After lunch, he went on one of his long walks, which he enjoys.  He must have tired himself out as he fell asleep soon after coming home.  He's now awake and making us a nice hot drink each.

PAULINE: You have been up since 5 this morning and now at 7.40 it is still dark and gloomy.  You have noticed the you are getting daylight until 5 in the evening now, but yesterday with that bad weather, it was getting dark at 3 in the afternoon and it looks like another gloomy day today, although at the moment it is dry.

You are up far too early because of being in such a lot of pain and last night had to rub in Ibuprofen gel into the knees because the pain was so bad there.  Just been reading on the internet that a badly arthritic hip can cause extra pain in the knees, so hoping when the op takes place that will relieve the knee pain - reading a lot of different accounts, apparently that does improve, so you hope so, because you were getting worried that the knees were going past repair.  Anyway, after posting you are off to the recliner for a while to try and get a bit more sleep.

Being up so early you have been going through a lot of the photos on the pc and found you could get rid of a lot of resized photos, leaving the originals for future use, so another job badly needed, has been started on and that was only in the crafting folder and not finished in there yet and there are loads of other folders to go through.  You just hope that everything that is deleted off of the pc is going to help it and stop it chugging away so slowly.

You hope today goes well for all of us and you apologise for keeping it short this morning, as you need to get off of this chair.  No need for apology, Pauline.

JEAN: The wind roared last night again and now it is dark and dull.

You think hips costs a lot of money nowadays.  You think someone you knew paid around £ ten grand.  Should not have to do this at all.  I agree with you, Jean, but our poor old NHS needs a lot of help now.

You are abnit off as well.  Lungs playing up.  Sorry to hear that, Jean.

DIAN: Just in from the Wed club and did not win at bingo but lady at your table won the snowball of £80 so she was very happy.  Just waiting on cats owner to take cat to the vet.

Such a nice bright day compared to yesterday as it never stopped raining but had a nice day with the granddaughter.

I hope that Rita is in fine fettle.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:19 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 11 Galadi10 Thought I would put some spring flowers on this morning as it has suddenly got much milder here, with some rain during the night and early morning, but now drying out and brightening up.

Tidied my bedroom (dusting and vacuuming) first thing this morning as where I had been doing some sewing repairs there were bits and pieces of cotton around, so that is all tidy once again and now downstairs to catch up with emails and post on here.  Next job is set my hair ready for tomoroww when Rachel will be picking me up at 8.30 ready for the pre op at 9.  She will drop me off there and whizz off to her office at the nextdoor hospital to make sure all her staff are in and work is underway and then come back to see how things are going with me.  Once that is over and done with she will bring me home and I will know then it is only 4 weeks off to the op, so not much longer to put up with this pain.

Last evening I also transferred more photos off of the phone and this morning have got them out of the emails and onto the computer - there is going to be so much more sorting to do of photos on this computer, but the urgent job is to transfer a lot of things off of the phone, before I change that for a new one.

Jean the total cost of the op and hospital stay is £15,607, so bang went the premium bonds (not that we have ever won much from them) and I found the £10,607 (leaving me with very low savings), so hope there is no emergency building work to be tackled or any problems like that arise and Stephen is adding the £5,000 to that and I have insisted that over time I will pay him back, although he has said no to that.  All I can say is that anything else going, like knees, etc., will have to wait for NHS, but the pain this hip is creating just has to go quickly.  You are right, none of us after years of hard work and paying into the system, should be pushed into this situation, but there it is.  Thankfully last night wasn't as windy as the night before and hope things have improved with your lungs.

Dian, thanks for you remarks about the pain and yes it is is wearying at the moment, but another day nearer the op and after the pre op tomorrow it should soon go by.  Hope there was some good news from the vet with regard to Duke and although you didn't win at the club yesterday, the lady on your table was lucky winning the snowball of £80 and although it never stopped raining the day before, you did enjoy the time out with your Granddaughter.

Barbara, Sunshine for you yesterday and no rain.  We have had some here today, but it is so much milder.  Usual things for you and David yesterday and hope your exercises are now helping since you have gone back to doing the full range of them.

Enjoy your afternoon Ladies and I am off to get my hair sorted and then think I should do some tidying downstairs.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:31 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 11 4cnhg187Pauline great you will be getting the  op soon as know how much pain can pull you down .As you say we really should not be paying for it as we have been paying into it forever. That is good Rachel can pop into see how you are doing. We did not think Duke needed the vet as everything looked back to normal but time will tell. Know this he never stops eating .It was another wild night but fine this morning

Jean do hope you a re having a good day

Barbara good you are back doing all your exercises again  David did his essential shopping in the morning ..Also you did your usual crossword and work on your phone and laptop also some reading .David went for his usual walk in the afternoon and was tired as he had some sleep when he got back then made you a nice hot drink

Dull dreary morning but no rain so far .Think we will get more rain later .Showered set and washed hair for tomorrow as will be going out tomorrow with daughter and my friend.
Hope all are having a nice day with no problems
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Thu Jan 25, 2024 3:44 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We had some rain early this morning but then the sun came out.  It stayed sunny until some time this afternoon when the sky suddenly became dark.  Now the sun is out again but it seems to be struggling.

David did the essential shopping early this morning.  I've done the full range of my exercises.  I shall be tackling the cryptic crossword in the newspaper when I've finished on here.  I've watched some TV and have done some reading.  I've also done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.  Later in the morning, David went upstairs into our loft to play with his model railway.  Since then, we've been waiting for an electrician to come to the house to check on the electrics to do with our boiler as something seemed not to be right.  The electrician is supposed to be coming between 2 and 5pm.  It is now 3.30pm!

PAULINE: You thought you would put some spring flowers on as the GIF this morning as it has suddenly got much milder here, with some rain during the night and early morning, but now drying out and brightening up.

Tidied your bedroom (dusting and vacuuming) first thing this morning as where you had been doing some sewing repairs there were bits and pieces of cotton around, so that is all tidy once again and now downstairs to catch up with emails and post on here.  Next job is set your hair ready for tomoroww when Rachel will be picking you up at 8.30 ready for the pre op at 9.  She will drop you off there and whizz off to her office at the next door hospital to make sure all her staff are in and work is underway and then come back to see how things are going with you.  Once that is over and done with she will bring you home and you will know then it is only 4 weeks off to the op, so not much longer to put up with this pain.  That will be a relief for you, Pauline.

Last evening you also transferred more photos off of the phone and this morning have got them out of the emails and onto the computer - there is going to be so much more sorting to do of photos on this computer, but the urgent job is to transfer a lot of things off of the phone, before you change that for a new one.

After posting, you went off to get your hair sorted and then think you should do some tidying downstairs.

DIAN: You and Duke's owner did not think Duke needed the vet as everything looked back to normal but time will tell. Know this he never stops eating.  It was another wild night but fine this morning.

Dull dreary morning but no rain so far.  Think we will get more rain later.  Showered set and washed hair for tomorrow as will be going out tomorrow with daughter and your friend.

I hope that Jean is all right and that Rita is having a good day.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:10 am
lovely sunny day today  my foot hates it and I cannot go far.. what a waste
hopefully bowls this afternoon but do not know if I can play we shall see
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:41 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 11 9f5fw810 H Ladies, that is a photo of one of my polyanthus out and nice to see spring flowers, but still cold with it today. Apparently tonight it is going to be a cold once again with frost forecast for the morning - so very up and down the weather, but nice to see the sun and no rain at the moment.

Well all I can say is that the pre op probably took longer that the actual operation will take.  Loads of boxes to be ticked, ECG done, bloods taken, swabs taken, etc., and am now home with a list of dos and don'ts for just before the op, plus some liquid that I will have to wash with for a couple of days before the op and also wash my hair with - so that means two days running the hair will have to be set - so not happy about that one, but  needs to be done.  Also a week before I should receive a nasal spray in the post that has got to be used by me for a couple of days before and then of course, nothing to eat or drink after l.20 in the morning (just sips of water) and into the hospital at 7.30 in the morning ready for the op.

After the op and before I go home, I will have to prove that I can go up and down stairs using crutches (sounds more like a risk of breaking my neck after paying out all of that money for the op!!!) and I will probably need someone here with me for about 4 days at home after the op and Stephen, Rachel and Susi are sorting that between them.

I have caught up with the emails since I got home and transferred another load of photos into folders on the computer and off of the phone.

Dian while I was there this morning, we did go into waiting for the NHS and although I have had a consultation offered to me at the same hospital under the NHS, it was pointed out that the op could take another year to be done and of course, like all NHS procedures, subject to cancellations, so that has now made my mind up to go ahead with paying - as you say, not fair after all of the years we have paid in and worked, but there are loads more people in the same boat. Glad to read the up-to-date news about Duke, that he seems okay at the moment.  Wild night your way the night before last, but so far no rain yesterday although it is forecast and you had set your hair ready for the outing today with your daughter and friend.   This morning I was again awake at 5 and the wind was really quite bad, but calmed down before daylight arrived.

Jean, seeing as it is such a nice day here, what a shame your foot is playing you up and you couldn't get out with it like that this morning, so hope all went well for you with regard to the bowls this afternoon.

Barbara, see you got the sun yesterday although it was struggling and hope it is as good your way today as it is here now - lovely lot of sunshine and spring flowers showing up in pretty colours.  Usual things for you and David and you are still carrying on with the full range of your exercises.  I do hope the elecrician managed to get there to deal with the problem boiler.

Well that fair wore me out this morning all that time at the pre op and catching up when I got home, so now I am off to put my feet up and watch another DVD.  Got quite a few of them now piling up, first of all for Susi to go through to see if she wants them and after that to the charity shops.  Have a relaxing afternoon Ladies and a peaceful evening.  
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:07 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 11 81323131
Pauline do hope all went fine with your pre op and hope it gave you information about it all .You will be glad when it is all over and done with.Just be good to yourself
Just seen your new post about your pre op .My goodness so much to do .Do hope all done very soon for you Enjoy your well earned rest

Jean do hope you got to  play bowls .I,m afraid I can no longer play so will be resigning from my club this year .

Barbara good you are now doing all your exercises again.also your crossowrd and work on your computer ect .do hope the electrician sorted out your problem

Not long in from being out shopping with my friend and daughter .Pleasant day as nice blue skies and not much wind though chilly .Enjoyed my shopping and got a nice pair of slippers in the sale .I have had a tough week as younger daughter was in hospital and still is though hoping to get home soon .The family never told me what was going on till things had improved with her and she text  me from hospital .She is still in.It is a long story
Have a good weekend all
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:50 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We've had lovely sunshine today, with hardly a cloud in the sky.  It's still very cold, though.

David did the essential shopping early this morning.  Later in the morning, he went upstairs into our loft to play with his model railway.  I've done the full range of my exercises.  I've tackled the cryptic crossword in the newspaper but have still more to do on it, which I shall attempt to do after I've finished on here.  I've watched some TV and have done some reading.  I've also done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.  After lunch, David went to my usual pharmacy to collect two prescriptions for me.  On arriving back home, we watched some TV together.  I sorted out my prescriptions after that and David watched a Western on the TV.  He's now made us a hot drink each.

The electrician turned up at nearly 5pm yesterday but he soon sorted out the problem with the electrics on our boiler, thank goodness!

JEAN: Lovely sunny day today.  Your foot hates it and you cannot go far.. what a waste.

Hopefully bowls this afternoon but do not know if you can play.   We shall see.

PAULINE: Today's GIF is a photo of one of your polyanthus out and nice to see spring flowers, but still cold with it today. Apparently tonight it is going to be a cold once again with frost forecast for the morning - so very up and down the weather, but nice to see the sun and no rain at the moment.

Well all you can say is that the pre op probably took longer that the actual operation will take.  Loads of boxes to be ticked, ECG done, bloods taken, swabs taken, etc., and am now home with a list of dos and don'ts for just before the op, plus some liquid that you will have to wash with for a couple of days before the op and also wash your hair with - so that means two days running the hair will have to be set - so not happy about that one, but needs to be done.  Also a week before you should receive a nasal spray in the post that has got to be used by you for a couple of days before and then of course, nothing to eat or drink after l.20 in the morning (just sips of water) and into the hospital at 7.30 in the morning ready for the op.

After the op and before you go home, you will have to prove that you can go up and down stairs using crutches (sounds more like a risk of breaking your neck after paying out all of that money for the op!!!) and you will probably need someone there with you for about 4 days at home after the op and Stephen, Rachel and Susi are sorting that between them.

You have caught up with the emails since you got home and transferred another load of photos into folders on the computer and off of the phone.

DIAN: I'm sorry to hear that you can no longer play bowls and so will be resigning from your club this year.  That's what I had to do as regards petanque when I started having problems with my knees.

Not long in from being out shopping with your friend and daughter.  Pleasant day as nice blue skies and not much wind though chilly.  Enjoyed your shopping and got a nice pair of slippers in the sale.  You have had a tough week as younger daughter was in hospital and still is though hoping to get home soon. The family never told you what was going on till things had improved with her and she text you from hospital.  She is still in.  It is a long story.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:30 am
Pauline  good you have some savings which you should not have  to spend sorry the premium bonds did not deliver, they pay my vets bills for me.
how nice for Stephen to help out
once I had a pre op on the ward before my op
worn out today feet still playing having a rest all day cannot do much no energy
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:57 am
Hello Everyone - Page 11 Dix5vt20Pauline good all set for your op and will be so glad to get it done Great that all the family are involved to help out .Thats good now most of your photos are saved. hope your having a nice weekend

Jean do hope you are having a nice day with no problems

Barbara that is good news that the electrician man sorted out the problem David did the essential shopping while you got on with your exercises computer work ect
.After lunch David collected two prescriptions for you .You both watched some tv then David made you both a nice hot drink.La ter David watched a west ern while you sorted your prescriptions.

So far it is quite a settled day  with some sunshine.Think we are to have some bad weather later. . .
Pleased to say daughter now home from hospital
Wishing you all a nice weekend
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum