Nifty Fifties Plus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Hello Everyone - Page 18 Empty Re: Hello Everyone

Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:13 pm
Good Afternoon everyone and a Happy Mother's Day to all mothers!

I'm sorry not to have posted yesterday but my hospital visit, although I was expecting it to be a long one, turned out even longer!  Here is what happened:-

There was no problem with transport going there.  The ambulance turned up about 10 and I got to the clinic in time to have my appointment except that as it had been a last minute offered appointment, there hadn’t been time to send me a letter and so I had no directions to get to the department.  All would’ve been well if the hospital main reception had been open but as this was a Saturday, there was no one there to greet and help patients.  Neither I nor the ambulance man had any clue as to how to find the department.

He kept asking staff in the corridors if they knew where it was but no one did.  He kept pushing the wheelchair around the corridors and into the lifts but no joy.  Eventually, he came across a staff member who knew and she came into a lift with us and led the way!

By this time it was about 11am (my appointment time).  As it happened, it wouldn’t have mattered if I hadn’t been on time, as the women’s waiting area was packed already.  I couldn’t get on to an ordinary chair as they were all taken.  I had a very long wait, as did all the other women.  I did eventually see a doctor (an anaesthetist).  He went through a questionnaire, things like do you have asthma and are you a diabetic, which imo could’ve been sent to the patient ahead of the appointment, and sent by email as time was short.  It would’ve saved him and me quite a bit of time on the day.  He then explained about the procedure, all the pros and cons of the different grades of sedation, and about how I’d end up on my tummy on the bed in theatre.  I had no problem with the theatre part of the day.

I then had another very long wait to see the surgeon who’d be doing the procedure.  It turned out not to be the consultant I’d spoken to on the phone and who took himself off on leave, and so I couldn’t understand why there’d been any delay.  There were plenty of other doctors milling round in the department.

While I was waiting for that, a nurse said she needed to book me in and needed to ask me some questions.  One of her questions was: What does 19 March mean to you?  It was her way of asking me for my date of birth and we both had a laugh about that, which relieved some of my tension.  I then went back to the waiting area for another spell.

Eventually I was taken up to theatre where I had a medium sized wait as the previous procedure wasn’t yet completed.  It all went really well, even the bit where I was turned on to my tummy on the bed by way of some special material that enabled the theatre staff to pick me up in the material and turn me over on to the bed!  It sounds horrendous and was a bit scary at the time but they obviously knew what they were doing.

I had the sedation whereby I could hear everything that was said and they were able to speak to me to ask if I was all right, etc.  I had things called prongs put up my nose so that I could breathe with my head down on a plastic mould, to lift it slightly off the bed.  It all went fine and I was aware of only a slight pain while the needle was put into my spine.

I was then taken into Recovery and after a while I was offered a sandwich (I chose tuna and mayo) and either water or tea.  I chose water!!!  I hate tea!!!  After a while, I was taken to a ward, had my BP taken again, and was able to be discharged once I’d passed urine!  I had a very long wait for transport and as the ambulance man was taking me to the ambulance, he said there was a young lady already in there and she was saying some weird things, and so he advised me to just go along with everything she said.  Well, the young lady turned out to be an old lady who persisted in swearing, shouting and screaming at the men, and saying weird things like “You’ve got my money and I want it back”.  Was I glad when the journey was over.  Luckily I was the first one back home!!!!

Phew!  That was some typing marathon!  Any questions?   I’m fully recovered now apart from still a bit of tiredness.

Today day started off dry but the rain soon arrived and it's been raining ever since.  In fact, it's tipping it down!

David did the essential shopping early this morning.  Later in the morning, he went upstairs into our loft to play with his model railway.  I've done the full range of my exercises.  Andrew phoned this morning to find out about my hospital visit yesterday.  After lunch, David and I did the washing up together.  We then watched some more TV before I came online and David is now watching rugby on the TV, having made us a nice hot drink each.  I've done some reading.  I've also done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop. I haven't yet tackled the general knowledge crossword in the daily newspaper but shall attempt to do that later this afternoon.

DIAN: Not your usual Friday but you were out shopping in the morning then you had a visit to a crematorium which all went well but sad.

Yesterday the weather was dry so far but a strong chilly wind was blowing.  You had just received lovely flowers from son.  Now need to get them sorted and put in a vase.  Out tomorrow for afternoon tea at daughters.

Going to do a small washing and hope the rain stays off.

PAULINE: A lovely sunny start to Friday with plenty of blue skies out there. You are going to try and keep this short today, as you must really try and get some more exercise sets in.  Doing well, but still getting quite a bit of stiffness from muscles that haven't been used fully as they should have been.  Got that appointment with physio on Monday and hope they are pleased with the progress.

Enjoy the start of the weekend Ladies and after posting, you were then off to get that first set of exercises done.

Gloomy this morning out there and it has been raining, plus yesterday the lovely sunshine we started off with, didn't last for long.  Yesterday You did some pottering around (bearing in mind that Susi and Aimie will be doing some of the housework for you on Tuesday) and you put away some of the things that were still hanging around from the hospital visit and put the case back in the cupboard.  Got out the bedding they will need for the spare bedroom as that has to be stripped and changed and also sorted out the dusters and cleaning materials they will need.  Seeing as you have so many ornaments on shelves, you did order some new micro fibre dusters (the small ones that you can flick around small objects) as the other one you had was getting a bit frazzled and they arrived yesterday and you have washed the other longer ones.  Got another long extending handled one on order that is supposed to be arriving next week, as the handle on your existing one is a bit dodgy.

Another bag ready for the charity shop with some DVDs in and a really heavy chenille  throw - it really is a lovely thing,  but very heavy and when it is washed, the tassles get all tangled, so that can definitely go.

You are going to try and get out for a short visit to the centre today and will pick up any other cleaning materials they might need, that you are getting low on and do some top up grocery shopping that is needed.  Shopping trolley with you and also one crutch, but you are walking so much better and will see how that all goes and can report on that tomorrow at the physio appointment.

I'm so glad to hear that your walking is so much better,  Pauline!

Andrew had thought of coming here this weekend but once he knew about my last minute hospital appointment, he decided that it wouldn't be worth it to come for just one day (today) and so will come next weekend for the whole time.

Well you have now opened your two lovely cards and got a Florence and Fred gift card in the one from Susi and a heated back pad from Stephen and Rachel - what with all of these foot warmers and heating pads, you won't have much chance to do anything else in between exercises, other than laying around being heated and massaged!!!  Definitely better get a move on and get out to the shopping centre as quickly as you can.

I hope that Jean is all right and that Rita is having a good day.

Stay safe and well, everyone!

Lots of love from me to all!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:59 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 18 4cnhg195
Pauline you are doing really well so just be carefull  and not try to do too much .You really are doing so well and laughed got all organized for the family too .

Jean hoping you have had a nice day with family

Barbara do hope your day has gone well

Not long in after being out to daughters and the other daughter who has not being too well arrived with her family this morning with more flowers and chocolates .I have had 2 lots of flowers from my 2 sons so now have to get them sorted. Wishing you all a nice mothers day .now off to eat some chocolates and to hang with the diet .
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:56 am
Hello Everyone - Page 18 4pohkl27
Pauline hope you managed round the shops safely .I am sure you would have got good news from the hospital this morning.

Jean do hope you had a nice weekend with family

Barbara I am sure David would have visited you and David yesterday.

I had a really nice time yesterday and plenty of flowers so now will need to look after them , .I had a nice outing to daughters for afternoon tea and 2 of my granddaughters were there and one of them took me home so did enjoy that .My daughter who does not keep well visited with her family in the morning so had a nice time with them. Now off to catch up on some housework .Wish you all a nice day
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:44 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We had very heavy early rain this morning but it cleared up before lunch and it's stayed dry ever since, although it's become very chilly again.

David did the essential shopping early this morning.  Later in the morning, he went upstairs into our loft to play with his model railway.  I've done the full range of my exercises.  After lunch, David and I did the washing up together.  We then watched some more TV before I came online and David went back upstairs to play with his model railway.  He's now come back downstairs again, has made us a hot drink each, and he's now watching a Western.  I've done some reading.  I've also done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop. I haven't yet tackled the general knowledge crossword in the daily newspaper but shall attempt to do that later this afternoon.

DIAN: Yesterday you posted when you were not long in after being out to daughters and the other daughter who has not being too well arrived with her family this morning with more flowers and chocolates.  YouI have had 2 lots of flowers from your 2 sons so now have to get them sorted.  You wished us all a nice mothers day.  Now off to eat some chocolates and to hang with the diet.

Andrew would have spent this last weekend with us, especially for Mother's Day, but when I told him that I was to have a hospital appointment the Saturday just gone, he decided not to come here for just one day (Sunday) but to come next weekend instead, and for the whole weekend instead, which will be nice.

You had a really nice time yesterday (Sunday) and plenty of flowers so now will need to look after them.  You had a nice outing to daughters for afternoon tea and 2 of your granddaughters were there and one of them took you home so did enjoy that.  Your daughter who does not keep well visited with her family in the morning so had a nice time with them.  Now off to catch up on some housework.

I hope that Pauline had some good news this morning.  I also hope that Jean is all right and that Rita is having a good day.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Pauline
Pauline
Admin
https://nifty-fifties.forumotion.com

Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:26 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 18 Pzdk0012 Hi Ladies.  Yesterday I did get out to the shopping centre and not very nice weather either, because it was raining a bit, but got all of the items I wanted - very busy centre because of Mothers' Day - and was happy with the way I managed, but the only problem was the knee on the good side.  Waiting at the bus stop Aimie came along and we both had a long wait for the bus, but chatted the time away.  She had popped to the centre for some shopping, leaving Sean with the boys and had found that Tesco's had their good Easter Eggs at reduced prices, so was taking them home to hide them - that is how quickly the time is going now and we do have an early Easter this year.  I got home and put the shopping away and prepared a meal and decided that I had done enough of physical movement and had an easy evening.  

Up early this morning and Rachel picked me up at 9 for the hospital at 9.30.  She had already been into work and got her staff sorted for the day and after dropping me off at physio she was off to another meeting.  The lady physiotherapist put me through my exercises and could see that I can now move around without the crutches and was happy with my progress.  She has replaced the four standing exercises I had with a new five and added three more to the laying down ones.  She also advised stretching out during the afternoon for an hour for a rest.  She did say that the swelling of the knee on the other side was expected because of the work that side of the body had been doing and I wil be taking a further course of ibuprofen for the next three days that hopefully will help the swelling to go down.

I then walked to the other side of the hospital main entrance ready for the 10.50 appointment to see the nurse who was going to remove the clips.  That got done and was a bit painful, and apparently there are still stitches inside, but she was pleased with the healing and said there was a bit of skin flap (usual) and after washing the area, I should rub some bio oil over this each day.  I actually do have some of that somewhere around the house, so another search on and think it is in the bathroom cabinet with other body lotions. While I was waiting for the nurse my consultant walked past and asked how I was and I told him very well (he then collected his next victims Laughing ).  Rachel then met me and got me home.

She had to get back for another meeting at 12 and didn't have time for a drink, so I got myself some lunch and after having that I put my feet up for a while in the recliner, ready to watch the t v  (Bargain Hunt was on) and next thing I know I woke up at 3, so now catching up with you Ladies and have got the emails up-to-date.  I do think the exercises will have to wait until tomorrow, because it was a very busy and physical morning.

Tomorrow Aimie will be here to get some of the housework done and Rachel will call in so we can then have lunch together, so looking forward to that and tackling the new exercise regime.

Barbara, what a performance trying to find where you should go for the pain clinic and what you had to go through before the procedure was carried out. Finally you got to Recovery and then offered a sandwich and a drink.  I see you don't  like tea - same here, I drink more coffee and mostly I only enjoy a cup of tea during a very hot day's gardening, but did drink a couple of them while I was in hospital. The journey home was quite an event also but thankfully you got dropped off first.  Yesteday we did have rain here, but it wasn't as bad as it was your way and David managed to get the shoppig done and you got on with your usual exercises and other things.   I see that Andrew decided that as you had the hospital appointment on Saturday he would leave coming up to see you until next weekend, so a delayed Mother's Day for you and expect you will enjoy that. Rainy weather again for you today and you and David getting on with the normal things and hope you are getting the benefit from that well earned injection.

Dian,  Obviously not doing too much, but enough to make physio happy and earned a few more exercises after that visit this morning.  I had to laugh about getting things organised for family members doing the housework -  you know when you are doing your own work you know where to go to get what is needed for different jobs, so thought I had better get it all set out so they could get what they needed.  Anyway apparently it is just Aimie here tomorow for the work and Rachel is going to call in to make sure I am not wearing her out and we are all going to have lunch tgoether Wink .  Good to read you had a lovely time at your daughter's and your other daughter called in with her family, plus flowers from both sons, so you were sorting them out for display and also enjoying your chocs. You can see from above all went well on the short shopping trip and the hospital went fine this morning.  I see that your grandaughters were there too at the family gathering on Sunday and one of them took you home after the celebrations.  I do hope your other daughter who hasn't been well, is getting much better.

Jean we haven't heard from you for a few days, so hope you are well and enjoyed your Mother's Day.

Well I really must away now because I have been sat here a bit too long and while I have been typing this very long post, there have been more emails arriving, which I have tried to deal with, so think at last I am up-to-date with you Ladies and the emails and now off to sort out what to make for the evening meal.  Enjoy your evening.
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:03 am
Hello Everyone - Page 18 Giphy10
Good Morning Ladies.  Here we go again, more rain and what a horrible morning for Aimie to get the boys to school and then to me for the housework.

I am keeping this short today, as I have taken the tablets needed and off to get in the first set of exercises and because I fell asleep for that long time yesterday afternoon, I didn't sleep that well last night - in fits and starts, so will try and stay awake during the day and get settled down for a more restful night this evening.

Hope you all have a good day despite the weather, because I expect there aren't many of us missing this wet weather again, but try and enjoy your day.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:18 am
Hello Everyone - Page 18 63708429
Pauline that was good they were pleased with you at the hospital visit .Good you had everything so well organized .Nice too how everyone has helped .Yes think we are all having the rain just now but better than snow .Great how you are getting about now .That is good that Aimee will be popping in for some housework after she takes the children to school .

Jean do hope all is well with you and Peanut

Barbara think we are all getting the rain. See David will visit next week as you were at the hospital .Good to look forward to that
David did the essential shop while you got on with your usual exercises .David went up into the loft to his trains .After lunch you both did the washing up and watched some TV. David went back up to his trains while you got more exercises done Later David came back down from his trains and you both watched some Tv. David made you both a nice hot drink

Well we have rain this morning but better than snow. Cat annoying me for his dinner so now off to feed him

BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:32 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We had heavy rain from early this morning and it went on until some time this afternoon.  I think it's stopped for now but it's still quite chilly.

David has been unable to do the essential shopping today due to the heavy rain going on for so long.  Instead, this morning, he did some cleaning upstairs.  I've done the full range of my exercises.  After lunch, we  did the washing up together.  We then watched some more TV before I came online and David went upstairs to play with his model railway.  He's still there now but no doubt he'll be wanting to make us a hot drink each and watch a Western on the TV.  I've done some reading.  I've also done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.  Due to the heavy rain, David was unable to go and by a newspaper and so I'll have to wait until I can tackle tomorrow's cryptic crossword.  We're hoping for some better weather tomorrow.

PAULINE: On Sunday you did get out to the shopping centre and not very nice weather either, because it was raining a bit, but got all of the items you wanted - very busy centre because of Mothers' Day - and was happy with the way you managed, but the only problem was the knee on the good side.  Waiting at the bus stop Aimie came along and we both had a long wait for the bus, but chatted the time away.  She had popped to the centre for some shopping, leaving Sean with the boys and had found that Tesco's had their good Easter Eggs at reduced prices, so was taking them home to hide them - that is how quickly the time is going now and we do have an early Easter this year.  You got home and put the shopping away and prepared a meal and decided that you had done enough of physical movement and had an easy evening.  

Up early yesterday morning and Rachel picked you up at 9 for the hospital at 9.30.  She had already been into work and got her staff sorted for the day and after dropping you off at physio she was off to another meeting.  The lady physiotherapist put you through your exercises and could see that you can now move around without the crutches and was happy with your progress.  She has replaced the four standing exercises you had with a new five and added three more to the laying down ones.  She also advised stretching out during the afternoon for an hour for a rest.  She did say that the swelling of the knee on the other side was expected because of the work that side of the body had been doing and you will be taking a further course of ibuprofen for the next three days that hopefully will help the swelling to go down.

You then walked to the other side of the hospital main entrance ready for the 10.50 appointment to see the nurse who was going to remove the clips.  That got done and was a bit painful, and apparently there are still stitches inside, but she was pleased with the healing and said there was a bit of skin flap (usual) and after washing the area, you should rub some bio oil over this each day.  You actually do have some of that somewhere around the house, so another search on and think it is in the bathroom cabinet with other body lotions. While you were waiting for the nurse your consultant walked past and asked how you were and you told him very well (he then collected his next victims).  Rachel then met you and got you home.

She had to get back for another meeting at 12 and didn't have time for a drink, so you got yourself some lunch and after having that you put your feet up for a while in the recliner, ready to watch the t v  (Bargain Hunt was on) and next thing you know you woke up at 3, so now catching up with us Ladies and have got the emails up-to-date.  You do think the exercises will have to wait until tomorrow, because it was a very busy and physical morning.

Tomorrow Aimie will be there to get some of the housework done and Rachel will call in so you can then have lunch together, so looking forward to that and tackling the new exercise regime.

Yes, the whole of Saturday's events were absolutely crazy apart from the procedure itself, I'm very glad to say!  I was certainly very happy to get back home!

After posting, you really had to away because you had been sat there a bit too long and while you had been typing this very long post, there had been more emails arriving, which you had tried to deal with, so think at last you are up-to-date with we Ladies and the emails and now off to sort out what to make for the evening meal.

Here we go again, more rain today and what a horrible morning for Aimie to get the boys to school and then to you for the housework.

You are keeping this short today, as you have taken the tablets needed and off to get in the first set of exercises and because you fell asleep for that long time yesterday afternoon, you didn't sleep that well last night - in fits and starts, so will try and stay awake during the day and get settled down for a more restful night this evening.

You hope we all have a good day despite the weather, because you expect there aren't many of us missing this wet weather again, but try and enjoy your day.

DIAN: Yes, I'm looking forward to seeing Andrew again next weekend.

Well you had rain this morning but better than snow.  Cat annoying you for his dinner so now off to feed him.

I hope that Jean is all right as she hasn't posted for a few days.  I also hope that Rita is having a good day.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:54 am
Hello Everyone - Page 18 Wyakkc14  Good Morning All.  These added exercises are definitely taking up a lot of time, but doing the trick and the few more days of taking ibuprofen is dealing with the fluid collection.  Using the bio oil on the op scar is easing it, so happy with the progress.  

Aimie shot through all of the vacuuming upstairs and all of the stairs, changed two beds and cleaned the bathroom, then went downstairs and hoovered through and then cleaned the kitchen/dining room floor with one of the dettol floor wipes.  I went around doing some of the dusting (which didn't involve any stretching or bending) and she was done in a couple of hours - what a fast worker that granddaughter is!!!  She is going to talk to her Mum when she sees her on Thursday and see if they will tackle the windows between them, plus Susi did her own sealant and where that sealant got spoilt with the broken shower, she has offered to get that finished.  Unfortunately Rachel phoned to say she couldn't join us for lunch as there was an interview she had to do for a new staff member, which was a shame, but Aimie and I enjoyed the cheese rolls and coffee I got ready for us.

Today I am going to work on the paperwork that has been hanging around and that includes the Christmas card list that needs updating and sorting through the cards that can be kept or used for decoupage.  I think it is about time I got them out of the way as it is March or I will be rushing at it in November  Rolling Eyes. The trouble is that before the op, I just couldn't sit for long to do any job like that.

Dian. yes I am so lucky with how all of the family have helped me during this time and still doing so.  Rain for you yesterday too - here today it is gloomy, but at least dry.  Had to laugh how Duke was worrying you for his food - no let up when they start that.

Barbara, rain for you too and it was so heavy that David was unable to do the early shopping, but did some cleaning upstairs instead.  You did the full range of your exercises and other things, but will have to wait until today to get the newspaper for the crossword, as it was too wet to buy one yesterday.

Jean I do hope that you are okay as we haven't heard from you since last week.

Enjoy the rest of your day Ladies and I am off to make a coffee, tackle some of the paperwork and then another set of exercises to be done.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:25 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 18 7fw3im64
Pauline well done Aimie doing all that housework  in quick time .So good to hear how well you are doing .Pity Rachel could not join you and Aimie for lunch.Do hope the healing carries on for you. Still need to be careful.

Jean do hope all is fine with you as we have not seen you about.

Barbara sorry you are having such heavy rain at the moment but wise for David to stay indoors Sorry you missed your cryptic crossword but see you were still busy with exercises ect.
I am sure David would have popped down to make you both a nice hot drink and for him to watch a western on the TV.

Well it has turned out a pleasant day here so far though still quite cold .I am not long in from the Wed club and pleased I had a small win. Better than nothing.There was a poor turnout which is unusual .Off now for a nice cup of tea before I tackle some work..........have a good day all
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:13 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We're having a dry day here today, with only a very light wind and no rain at all, for once!

David did the essential shopping early this morning.  Later in the morning, he went upstairs into our loft to play with his model railway.  I've left my exercises off for today as I've started getting pains in my back, presumably from Saturday's procedure.  Thankfully it's not terrible.  After lunch, David and I did the washing up together.  We then watched some more TV before I came online and David went back upstairs to play with his model railway.  He's now come back downstairs again, has made us a hot drink each, and he's now watching horse racing on the TV.  I've done some reading.  I've also done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop. I've tackled the cryptic crossword in the daily newspaper and shall attempt to finish it later this afternoon.

PAULINE: These added exercises are definitely taking up a lot of time, but doing the trick and the few more days of taking ibuprofen is dealing with the fluid collection.  Using the bio oil on the op scar is easing it, so happy with the progress.  

Aimie shot through all of the vacuuming upstairs and all of the stairs, changed two beds and cleaned the bathroom, then went downstairs and hoovered through and then cleaned the kitchen/dining room floor with one of the dettol floor wipes.  You went around doing some of the dusting (which didn't involve any stretching or bending) and she was done in a couple of hours - what a fast worker that granddaughter is!!!  She is going to talk to her Mum when she sees her on Thursday and see if they will tackle the windows between them, plus Susi did her own sealant and where that sealant got spoilt with the broken shower, she has offered to get that finished.  Unfortunately Rachel phoned to say she couldn't join you for lunch as there was an interview she had to do for a new staff member, which was a shame, but you and Aimie enjoyed the cheese rolls and coffee you got ready for the 2 of you.

Today you are going to work on the paperwork that has been hanging around and that includes the Christmas card list that needs updating and sorting through the cards that can be kept or used for decoupage.  You think it is about time you got them out of the way as it is March or you will be rushing at it in November.  The trouble is that before the op, you just couldn't sit for long to do any job like that.

Enjoy the rest of your day Ladies and you went off to make a coffee, tackle some of the paperwork and then another set of exercises to be done.

DIAN: Well it has turned out a pleasant day here so far though still quite cold.  You are not long in from the Wed club and pleased you had a small win.  Better than nothing.  There was a poor turnout which is unusual.  Off now for a nice cup of tea before you tackle some work.

I hope that Jean is all right as it's been a little while since she last posted.  I also hope that Rita is in fine fettle.

Lots of love from me to all

Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:33 am
Hello Everyone - Page 18 Stt9mn10 Hello Ladies.  Well I never did get around to getting much of the paperwork finished yesterday, because there are far more exercises for me to do and they seem to be taking up a lot of time, but obviously needed and doing me good.  I have finished with the last of the codeine that came from the hospital and can say that honestly I didn't seem to be getting much relief from them with regard to the arthritis, because although the hip has been sorted, I still have arthritis and gave up in the early hours of this morning trying to sleep in the bed again, after just taking 2 paracetamol, so got up and went downstairs nibbled a biscuit and took 2 of my usual zapain with some water, settled down in the recliner and they worked.  I was getting awful pain in the hands from the arthritis (and suppose that was due to the work they had been doing holding onto crutches over the last few weeks) and got some good sleep free of the pain for a few more hours and feel so much better this morning after getting back to my normal pain control. The physiotherapist said to go back to my normal medication now, so obviously much better with that.

After this I am off to tackle the first set of exercises as I have got the emails sorted and done yesterday's washing up, so decks cleared once again.

Dian, fairly pleasant weather for you yesterday, but a bit of a poor turnout for the club, but you enjoyed that and had a small win.

Barbara, weather was better your way too and David managed to get the early shopping done (no heavy rain to cope with like the day before) and you did put off doing your exercises because you started geting pain in the back (probably due to the procedure on Saturday) and I do hope that soon eases for you and the pain relief starts to act.

Jean, do hope you are okay, as we havem't heard from you since last week.

Well Ladies, I am off to get a start on the first set of exercises and hope you all enjoy your day.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:45 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 18 F1wevx46
Pauline good you are all organized and doing well with your exercises  and great you have the recliner when you are not comfortable in bed .It will take time to get back to your usual self .Will be good when the better weather starts to kick in .

Jean do hope all is fine with you and Peanut

Barbara nice to have a dry day for a change .David did the essential shopping but you did not do your exercises as still painful form Saturday ,David had gone upstairs to his railway .After lunch you washed up together. You both  watched some tv then David went back to his trains while you got on line .also got computer work and your crosswords ect. David came downstairs and made you both a nice hot drink.then you got on with more work David watched some tv

A miserable morning here so I got showered washed and set my hair though will be going to hairdresser tomorrow for a cut and blow dry .Looks as though the raIn will be on all day .
Hope Rita is doing fine
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:42 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We're having a nice dry day here today but it's still slightly chilly.  At least it hasn't rained yet!

David did the essential shopping early this morning.  Later in the morning, he went upstairs into our loft to play with his model railway.  I've left my exercises off for one more day just in case I set the pain off again.    After lunch, David and I did the washing up together.  We then watched some more TV before I came online and David went back upstairs to play with his model railway.  He's now come back downstairs again, has made us a hot drink each, and he's now watching horse racing on the TV.  I've done some reading.  I've also done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop. I haven't yet tackled the cryptic crossword in the daily newspaper but shall attempt to finish it later this afternoon.

PAULINE: Well you never did get around to getting much of the paperwork finished yesterday, because there are far more exercises for you to do and they seem to be taking up a lot of time, but obviously needed and doing you good.  You have finished with the last of the codeine that came from the hospital and can say that honestly you didn't seem to be getting much relief from them with regard to the arthritis, because although the hip has been sorted, you still have arthritis and gave up in the early hours of this morning trying to sleep in the bed again, after just taking 2 paracetamol, so got up and went downstairs nibbled a biscuit and took 2 of your usual zapain with some water, settled down in the recliner and they worked.  You were getting awful pain in the hands from the arthritis (and suppose that was due to the work they had been doing holding onto crutches over the last few weeks) and got some good sleep free of the pain for a few more hours and feel so much better this morning after getting back to your normal pain control. The physiotherapist said to go back to your normal medication now, so obviously much better with that.

After this you went off to tackle the first set of exercises as you have got the emails sorted and done yesterday's washing up, so decks cleared once again.

After posting, you went off to get a start on the first set of exercises and hope we all enjoy our day.

DIAN: You had a miserable morning and so you got showered washed and set your hair though will be going to hairdresser tomorrow for a cut and blow dry.  Looks as though the raIn will be on all day.

I hope that Jean is all right as it's been a while now since she posted in here.  I also hope that Rita is having a good day.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:58 am
Hello Everyone - Page 18 Z10  Hi Ladies.  Getting in the longer sessions of exercises, at least two times in the day, doesn't leave a lot of time for anything else, plus I am supposed to find time to stretch out for an hour in the afternoons, so not much of the paperwork got tackled again.

This morning I am up early, because I have to be ready to phone into the surgery at 8, to try and get an appointment to see my doctor, the reason for that is after I told you about the arthritis flare up in knees and hands yesterday, I tried to order my usual Zapain and on the internet there was a note to say that there should be no further prescriptions until 25th.  I am now really annoyed at the surgery interfering with the advice from the hospital, so GP here I come.

Dian, it is a good job that I do have the recliner, until I can sort out a new mattress at least and probably a new frame too,  Seen one I like the look of.  Miserable weather for you yesterday and see that today you will be off to the hairdressers for a cut and blow dry and wondering if you will get in the usual shopping trip also.  I set my hair last evening, because it really does need a perm, but really cannot consider doing that at the moment, because of the amount of bending needed with the rinsing, etc.

Barbara, see it was a dry day for you and I hope the rain did stay away - it arrived here in the afternoon.  I see that you left off the exercises for another day, but you and David got on with some jobs together and then did your own separate things.  Hope you enjoyed tackling the cryptic crossword later yesterday.  As you can see from what I have written above, it is now my turn to be angry with my surgery, so will be phoning in there this morning.

Jean, wondering where you are hiding and hope you are okay.

Well Ladies I am off for my wash and rub in some more bio oil into the op scar (and that feels so easy now) and then dress ready for (hopefully) an appointment with the doc.  I do hope that you Ladies enjoy your Friday.
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:22 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

Today is a day of sunshine and showers and they keep alternating.  It's lovely while the sun is out but it doesn't stay for long!  It seems a bit milder today, thank goodness!

David did the essential shopping early this morning.  Later in the morning, he went upstairs into our loft to play with his model railway.  I've done the full range of my exercises.  After lunch, David and I did the washing up together.  We then watched some more TV before I came online and David went back upstairs to play with his model railway.  I've done some reading.  I've also done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop. I've tackled the cryptic crossword in the daily newspaper but have still more to do on it and shall attempt to do so later this afternoon.  David has just come back downstairs and is making us a hot drink each.  He'll be watching the horse racing on the TV.

PAULINE: Getting in the longer sessions of exercises, at least two times in the day, doesn't leave a lot of time for anything else, plus you are supposed to find time to stretch out for an hour in the afternoons, so not much of the paperwork got tackled again.

This morning you were up early, because you had to be ready to phone into the surgery at 8, to try and get an appointment to see your doctor, the reason for that was after you told us about the arthritis flare up in knees and hands yesterday, you tried to order your usual Zapain and on the internet there was a note to say that there should be no further prescriptions until 25th.  You are now really annoyed at the surgery interfering with the advice from the hospital, so GP here you come.

After posting, you went off for your wash and rub in some more bio oil into the op scar (and that feels so easy now) and then dress ready for (hopefully) an appointment with the doc.  I hope you were able to get an appointment for today, Pauline, and that your GP saw the error of his/her ways!

I expect that Dian is having her hair done today.  I hope that Jean is all right and that we'll be seeing her back in here very soon.  I also hope that Rita is having a good day.

I may not be online much over the weekend as Andrew will be coming here tomorrow and going back home either on Sunday or very early on Monday morning.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:55 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 18 08d4ao13

Well it has dried up for a short time then lots more rain to follow.........grrrrr

Pauline hope you got sorted with the Doctor..........so annoying. Good you are doing so well after your operation

Jean do hope you are okay as we are missing you

Barbara do enjoy your weekend with David

Not long in from the hairdresser after a busy morning with my friend and my daughter .It was very wet and miserable this morning but has brightened a bit but more rain is forecast
Cat annoying me to get fed so had better go and feed him
Wishing you all a pleasant weekend
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:50 am
Hello Everyone - Page 18 4cnhg196
Pauline do hope you managed to get your Doctor and got your prescription sorted out .Well you are doing so well  so hope it all continues in that direction but will take time. Have a nice relaxing weekend

Jean we are all getting worried about you.......do hope you are ok.

Barbara you will be so looking forward to this weekend with Andrew so enjoy

It has turned out a pleasant day though still chilly.Going out tonight for S_I_L surprise birthday so looking forward to that.

Off now to hang out a small washing then get a snack to eat
Hoping sun stays out........Enjoy your weekend all.
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:24 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 18 Emtv3511   Hi Ladies.  

Well after trying 36 tmes and being cut off because the line was engagd each time and pressing redial, I finally got through and got an appointment for 2.30 in the afternoom.  Rachel arrived and took me there and saw lady doctor this time.  There was certaily a real mix up with the prescripton and all sorted now with apologies from doctor and we collected the Zapain after seeing her.  She is also putting the Ibuprofen gel on the prescription.  She also checked the knee that had been giving me so much trouble and did say that it wasn't too bad with the fluid build up and probably because of all of the work that side of the body had been doing, so keep on with the gel and possibly take another course of Ibuprofen tablets over three/four days.  

After Rachel got me home and went back to work, I decided that I should go to the centre for some top up shopping, so took one of the pain killers and waited for a while and then set out and of course, it  decided to rain, but not too bad and didn't have to wait too long for the bus.  Got the shopping I wanted in Poundland, Savers and Tesco, then home and put the shopping away and sorted out the finances.  After that got a light meal and had a restful evening.  I had taken some more books to the Macmillan book stand in the centre, chose three more and put some money in for them and started to read one of them after the meal and also caught up on recorded t v.

Today I have got some crafting to do - it is a display of attractive twisted small tree branches that I had sprayed gold years ago ,but need the artificial flowers glued on them (instead of lodged on them, which keep falling off), so will get another job done that has had to wait for more physical work to be done - at least not being able to be to be so physical at the moment, it is getting other jobs done that have been hanging about.

Barbara, as you can see from above, all sorted with the GP and got apologies too.  David got the shopping done and both of you got on with the things you like doing and see you got back to your full range of exercises.  Wouldn't expect you to get on here over the weekend with Andrew there with you both, in place of last weekend's Mothers' Day.  Enjoy the time with him.

With regard to Jean, I am wondering if she is busy sorting out what to do about her car, having had that news from the diabetic clinic about not being able to drive until results are back.  Hope she is well.

Dian, as you can see, all sorted with the Doctor and prescriptions, so worth trying to get through on the phone all of that length of time.  Very wet and miserable day for you yesterday, but you got your hair done and enjoyed the time shopping with your daughter and friend.  After the tablets and rubbing in the gel today, I actually walked down the garden to the recycling bin to get rid of some rubbish and enjoyed seeing how all of the plants were flowering - grass certainly started growing and needs cutting, but something I cannot do at the moment.  That is one thing that Susi will be glad to tackle- she likes her gardening and Aimie does a lot of work in her garden. They are both arriving Monday to clean windows for me and Susi will finish off that spoilt sealant. I see you are looking forward to the surprise party this evening for your s-i-l.  Hope the sun stays out for you and the small amount of washing gets dried.  We have sunshine here too.

Well Ladies I did start this in the morning, but got a couple of phone calls, so now gone midday and I hope you all enjoy your afternoon and evening.  
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:40 am
Hello Everyone - Page 18 Tsvwes11  Well after the sunshine of yesterday, we are back to rain today and I didn't get a very restful night and seeing as it is only 6.30 in the morning, I am wondering if I might get a couple more hours sleep.

Hope your Saturday went well and I got on with tidying up and gluing back in place, flowers, petals and leaves that had fallen off of artificial foliage and got on very well with that.  Still got a few more left to tackle today and there are some lovely delphiniums in the dining room that keep losing their blooms, so hot glue gun here I come.

Enjoy your Sunday Ladies
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:58 pm
[4]0000]https://servimg.com/view/20102617/1661]Hello Everyone - Page 18 Bells_43[/url]
Pauline that was good you did finally get through to the Doctors and got what you required. Good you managed to get some repairing work done .Yes I see my back grass starting to grow now. That is good that Aimee and Susi will tackle your windows and some garden work. Do hope the weather stays good for them .

Jean hope you are keeping okay also Peanut.

Barbara I am sure you will be having a nice day with David......enjoy

Well I had a nice time last night as there was a surprise party for S_I_L who turned 60 .Just a small party of close friends .I did enjoy it. Got a lift there and back
Wishing you all a nice weekend[/i]
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:16 am
Hello Everyone - Page 18 1i6fjy93
Pauline hope you had a good night sleep with little pain. I am sure the girls will be busy cleaning windows. Hope you have a nice day with little pain

Jean hope all is good with you and Peanut

Barbara bet you had a really nice weekend with David

Well it is a nice dry morning so going to do a small wash and get it out.........wishing you all a good day.........sun has just popped out
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:00 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We're having nice weather today, partly sunny and partly cloudy but it's quite mild and it's stayed dry.

David did the essential shopping early this morning.  Later in the morning, he went upstairs into our loft to play with his model railway.  I've done the full range of my exercises.  After lunch, David and I did the washing up together.  We then watched some more TV before I came online and David is now watching a Western.  I've done some reading.  I've also done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop. I haven't yet tackled the cryptic crossword in the daily newspaper but shall attempt to do so later this afternoon.  David has made us a hot drink each.

I've just tried to chase up my application for a blue badge, which I processed and sent off on 26 November 2023!  They don't make it easy for you to contact them, which is the local council.  I tried to phone them but there was a recorded message which gave 10 different options (press 1 for so and so, and press 2 for something else, etc) but there was no option to press for blue badge application enquiries!  I went on to the council's website and the only seemingly available option there was to send an email, which I did.  Almost immediately, I had an automatic reply which said they aim to reply within 10 days.  Very helpful and forthcoming!  Watch this space!

I had a letter from Specsavers at Home regarding my appointment which is now due.  I had previously phoned them last week and was given a provisional appointment of 30 May but was told that I would be informed if they had a cancellation in the meantime.

PAULINE: Well after the sunshine on Saturday, we were back to rain today (Sunday) and you didn't get a very restful night and seeing as it was only 6.30 in the morning, you were wondering if you might get a couple more hours sleep.

Hope your Saturday went well and you got on with tidying up and gluing back in place, flowers, petals and leaves that had fallen off of artificial foliage and got on very well with that.  Still got a few more left to tackle today and there are some lovely delphiniums in the dining room that keep losing their blooms, so hot glue gun here you come.

Enjoy your Sunday Ladies.

DIAN: Well you had a nice time last night (Saturday) as there was a surprise party for S_I_L who turned 60.  Just a small party of close friends.  You did enjoy it.  Got a lift there and back.

Wishing you all a nice weekend.

Well it was a nice dry morning today (Monday) so going to do a small wash and get it out.........wishing you all a good day.........sun has just popped out.

Has anyone heard from Jean yet?  I expect Pauline is very busy.  I do hope that Rita is having a good day.  I saw on Facebook that today is her birthday and so I sent her my good wishes.

Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:06 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 18 8l7eht11 My computer has been really playing me up today and I got in the middle of ordering something off of the internet from a usual supplier  and about to pay for it on line, when NatWest requiired me to confirm on the phone the request through their ap with a code they had sent and of course, the NatWest App had disappeared off of the new phone, so had to reinstall that all over again.   Finally got that sorted, found the code and got the order completed. Then I have  been trying to send Birthday Greetings to Rita, as it is her birthday and have only just got the email off to her, for which she has thanked me and said she is having a lovely day (95 today)  Also at last been able to sort out the remainder of the emails and surveys, etc., and get on here at long last.

I should have gone to the club today, but Aimie and Susi had planned to be here, and Aimie has completed all of the upstairs windows, inside and out - they are the sash type ones that you can tackle both sides from the inside and to be honest I haven't done them at all since before last Winter, due to the arthritis problems and what a lot of cleaning they took to do - getting all of the spiders nests and other dead bugs out of the nooks and crannies outside and what a good job she has made of them and the frames too.    There are no reliable window cleaners around this area and that is why I chose those type of windows. Susi has made a real good job of the sealant and that is complete and at the weekend she will arrive to get sealant around the porch windows outside (which badly need renewing) and Aimie is going to clean the other downstairs windows and bifold doors on Thursday.  I did get one lot of exercises in before they arrived and while they were here I did get the ironing done and also made lunch for us all, so I don't think that I will need to do the other lot of exercises today and have been on my feet long enough. I do need to rub in another lot of Ibuprofen gel and take a couple of pain killers, because the knee on the supposed good side is playing up.  Really annoying as seeing how well the operated side is doing.

Still no Jean, so wondering what is happening with her and do hope she is okay.

Dian, so pleased it was a dry sunny day and Aimie and Susi were able to get on so well with the work.  No rain at all today and hope that goes on tomorrow as I want to get out to B & M for some more DIY items that are needed.  See you got a lift there and back to your s-i-l's 60th party and everyone enjoyed it.  It certainly was a hive of activity today in my house and so much achieved.  Susi is far better at sealant jobs, than I ever have been.  Hope the weather has stayed dry for you today and the sun has got your washing dry.

Barbara, Hope you enjoyed the weekend with Andrew there and see the weather has been good your way today and you and David have achieved quite a lot.  Good luck with chasing the council over the blue badge scheme and see you have got to wait until 30th May for Specasavers appointment.

Must away now Ladies, as washing machine has just stopped (washed all of the nets) and I must get off of this chair and see to the aching knee and hope you all enjoy your evening.
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:50 am
Hello Everyone - Page 18 Vwhfhq10
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum