Nifty Fifties Plus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Hello Everyone - Page 20 Empty Re: Hello Everyone

Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:49 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We had lovely sunshine first thing this morning but once again it didn't last.  The clouds came over and then after lunch, the rain started and it's still raining now.

David did the essential shopping early this morning.  Later in the morning, he went upstairs into our loft to play with his model railway, after the stairlift engineer had been, and given it a clean bill of health.   I haven't done my exercises today as I've hurt my back again.  After lunch, David and I did the washing up together.  We then watched some more TV before I came online and David went upstairs into our loft to play with his model railway again.  He's now come back downstairs and has made us a nice hot drink each.  He's watching a Western on the TV.  I've done some reading.  I've also done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.  I haven't yet tackled the cryptic crossword in the daily newspaper but shall attempt to do so later this afternoon.

PAULINE: You were up early about 6, because you are suppose to be getting that bed frame delivery between 7 in the morning and 7 in the evening, but got a text from the driver to say he would be here at 8.15, so will be ready for him.  

Not raining and hope it is going to stay dry, because today Susi wants to get a start on renewing the old sealant on the porch windows outside..  So far not heard anything from Rachel about the urgent scan, but do hope she is getting that early in this week.  

You enjoyed the club yesterday and you had a talk and some film parts on the Carry On films and the making of them, which was interesting and we learned how cheaply they were made and what low wages those actors received.  You won a tin of tuna in the raffle and your team came top in the quiz.  You had managed to get out to the centre before you went to the club, just for a bit of top up shopping and this time you managed to get your boots on with the sturdy heels, which you always walk better in, so not so much trouble with the knees, although still painful.

Bed frame had just been deliverd on time and taken upstairs for you - efficient delivery.

Hope all goes well with your Tuesday Ladies and you are going to put up the new shower curtain you bought the other day in Tesco -which is a white one that matches the brilliant new white sealant and you will be careful on the step ladder, which is a sturdy one and also includes some of the exerrcises of going up and down that are included in your physio programme - had already done the first lot today.

JEAN: Your foot is plying up today so you are expecting rain.  It was cold at the centre yesterday and boring.  You feel asleep.  Today you are off to the other club.

Hopefully will be going to the Blitz Cafe in Kettering on Thursdasy.

Hooe your hands get better Pauline.

Sister in law has no appointment as yet but has rung the hospital.

DIAN: Well it has turned wet and cold again........son popped in with nice cakes and a Cornish pie for you so you are off now to enjoy them.

I hope that Rita is having a good day.

Stay safe and well, everyone!

Lots of love from me to all!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:21 am
well it rained hard last night sunny today but windy
I am worn out for no reason so am staying here today
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:01 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 20 Y3gbqu10  Pauline hope you are having a good day. Will be nice to have the house all spic and span again Hope all going well with your exercises .Do hope Rachel has now had an appointment for her scan.

Jean hope you have a better day tomorrow .

Barbara David did the essential shopping .Good the lift engineer arrived and all was fine with the stairlift .David went upstairs to his trains .You did not do any exercises as you had hurt your back again. After lunch you David did the washing up together .You both watched some tv together then you went on line while David went back up to his trains. Later he came back downstairs and made you both a nice hot drink then watched some TV. while you got on with your usual work

Not long in from Wed club and pleased I won 3 games .Quite a chilly day also rain showers and chilly with it .Now off for a nice hot cup of tea
Wishing you all a nice day
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:01 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We had lovely sunshine again this morning but as usual it didn't last, as a bit later the rain started and it was with us for quite some time.  The sunshine did come back much later and it was good to see it again.

David did the essential shopping early this morning.  Later in the morning, he went upstairs into our loft to play with his model railway.   I haven't done my exercises today as I've hurt my back again.  After lunch, David and I did the washing up together.  Two ladies then arrived from Specsavers at Home and they did my eye tests and asked me a lot of questions about my eyes.  I gave them a list of my prescriptions, as requested by them.  My new glasses should be with me in 2 to 3 weeks, either coming in the post or being delivered by the 2 ladies.  I then watched some more TV before I came online and David went upstairs into our loft to play with his model railway again.  He's now come back downstairs and has made us a nice hot drink each.  He's watching a Western on the TV.  I've done some reading.  I've also done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.  I haven't yet tackled the cryptic crossword in the daily newspaper but shall attempt to do so later this afternoon.

JEAN: Well it rained hard last night.  Sunny today but windy.

You are worn out for no reason so you are staying at home today.

DIAN: Not long in from Wed club and you are pleased you won 3 games.  Quite a chilly day.  Also rain showers and chilly with it.  Now off for a nice hot cup of tea.

Wishing you all a nice day.

I hope that Pauline is all right and that Rita is having a good day.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Pauline
Pauline
Admin
https://nifty-fifties.forumotion.com

Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:45 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 20 Yfxcxn14   Hello Ladies.  Busy day here today.  Yesterday Susi wasn't well so put off coming here until today, so I got on with sorting more paperwork and because of the threat again of rain she didn't bother with the outside sealant, but got on with shifting my existing bed and constructing the new bed frame then we decided that I should try that mattress in the spare bedroom and that is on the new frame now and very comfortable it is too.  Temporarily the base of the old bed is in the craft room and the mattress is resting along the side of the first set of stairs down.  Decisions on the removal of that lot we will sort out at the weekend when everyone is here.  After doing all of that she cleaned my oven for me and that meant removing the door and cleaning between the two pieces of glass besides all the rest that needed doing - so one really good days work done for me and then she was off for teacher open evening for Cas, her youngest.

I swiftly vacuumed and dusted around again upstairs after the upheaval and I can do that now, so long as it doesn't involve any bending right down and then did all of the exercises I needed to do on the new bed.  I have stopped that course of Ibuprofen at the moment and am using knee supports, which have helped today. Hands seem a bit better too and yesterday when my recycling bin got emptied I did manage to get that in and have today nearly filled it up again with torn up cardboard packing and polystyrene packaging from the bed and hands took that lot well.

Jean, your foot playing up was certainly a good forecaster of the rain arriving.  I see the centre was boring for you yesterday and you fell asleep, but you were planing to go to the other club today and looking forward to an outing to Kettering tomorrow.  Thanks for asking Jean, hands are much better today and see from your post today that you decided not to go anywhere as you felt worn out. - and yes, the weather was again hit and miss.  Hope your sister-i-l doesn't have to wait too long for the appointment.

Dian, Rachel did get the phone call, but her apointment isn't until 9.30 on Saturday morning and they told her not to worry, because most of things like that turn out to be okay (we certainly hope so).  Because of that they took off yesterday to Weymouth  and have a couple of days down there to see to the work that needs doing.  They are going to come straight to me on Saturday morning after her scan.  Like the sound of that cornish pie and the cakes your son popped in with - something to cheer you up on a miserable day.  Another chilly day with rain for you today, but at least you enjoyed the club and won three games.

Barbara,  sorry to read you have hurt your back again and had to give your exercises a miss yesterday and hope that improves quickly.  Same as here, patchy weather again and it started off with lovely sunshine and then the rain arrived again and the weather forecast doesn't look that good for the Easter weekend. That was handy having the visit from Specsavers and your new glasses should be ready in two to three weeks.

Hope you all have a restful and peaceful evening Ladies and that is what I intend to have.    
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:31 am
sorry to hear you have hurt your back again Barbara and hope that soon sorts itself out.
today  I am going to the Blitz Cafe in Kettering heard many reports how good it is all done up for 1940s
tomorrow out to Didcot for a steam train ride
glad you are better Pauline
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:41 am
Hello Everyone - Page 20 Ckplib68
That was a lot of good work  that your family got done for you Pauline and you did a fair bit yourself too Great too your bed all sorted and so comfortable .Good Stephen and Rachel will manage a few days down at Weymouth. Really hope good news for her on Saturday. You did well too getting all the arrangements sorted
Pauline thank you for sorting my printing out as did not want to loose the post

Jean I am sure you will be having a good day out to the Blitz  Cafe and that sounds a lovely day out tomorrow for your Didcot train ride .Do hope the weather stays good for you

Barbara sorry to hear your back giving you trouble again .That was really helpful having your eyes done at home  .
David did his essential shopping and you both got on with your usual chores. Do hope your back is a bit better today

Now I need to get a move on as going to the Doctors today as having trouble with this back but do not think there is much that they can do
Have a good day all

BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:03 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We've had really strange weather today - stranger than usual!  It''s been alternating between lovely sunshine and heavy rain all day, but this afternoon it's mostly been heavy rain.

David did the essential shopping early this morning.  Later in the morning, he went out to a local shop to buy himself some new socks.  I don't know what he does with them!   I still haven't done my exercises today due to having hurt my back but it's starting to feel a bit better and so I'll probably do the exercises starting tomorrow, although being careful with them at first.  After lunch, David and I did the washing up together.  We watched some more TV together and then I came in here and David is now watching a Western.  He's now made us a nice hot drink each.  I've done some reading.  I've also done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.  I have tackled the cryptic crossword in the daily newspaper but have still more to do on it and shall attempt to do so later this afternoon.

PAULINE: Busy day there yesterday.  The day before, Susi wasn't well so put off coming here until yesterday, so you got on with sorting more paperwork and because of the threat again of rain she didn't bother with the outside sealant, but got on with shifting your existing bed and constructing the new bed frame then you both decided that you should try that mattress in the spare bedroom and that is on the new frame now and very comfortable it is too.  Temporarily the base of the old bed is in the craft room and the mattress is resting along the side of the first set of stairs down.  Decisions on the removal of that lot you will sort out at the weekend when everyone is here.  After doing all of that she cleaned your oven for you and that meant removing the door and cleaning between the two pieces of glass besides all the rest that needed doing - so one really good days work done for you and then she was off for teacher open evening for Cas, her youngest.

You swiftly vacuumed and dusted around again upstairs after the upheaval and you can do that now, so long as it doesn't involve any bending right down and then did all of the exercises you needed to do on the new bed.  You have stopped that course of Ibuprofen at the moment and you are using knee supports, which have helped. Hands seem a bit better too and yesterday when your recycling bin got emptied you did manage to get that in and have today nearly filled it up again with torn up cardboard packing and polystyrene packaging from the bed and hands took that lot well.

Thank you for your kind words about my back, Pauline.

I do hope that Rachel has good news at her appointment on Saturday.

You hope we all have a restful and peaceful evening, and that is what you intend to have.

JEAN: Sorry to hear you have hurt your back again Barbara and hope that soon sorts itself out.  It's starting to feel better now, Jean, and I may start the exercises again tomorrow.

Today you are going to the Blitz Cafe in Kettering.  Hheard many reports how good it is all done up for 1940s.

Tomorrow out to Didcot for a steam train ride.

Glad you are better Pauline.

DIAN: Now you need to get a move on as going to the Doctors today as having trouble with this back but do not think there is much that they can do.  I'm sorry to hear that, Dian.  I hope you can be helped to make your back feel better.

I hope that Rita is fit and well.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:31 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 20 Comzk611  Hello Ladies.  It has certainly been a terrible afternoon here and going into the evening - just bucketing it down, so I decided to stay indoors and tidy. Upstairs is as tidy as it can be until that bed is sorted, but downstairs needed dusting and getting things ready for Saturday when family are here.

I don't usually go shopping on a Good Friday, but I am hoping that the rain will stay away in the morning as I want to get along to Aldi's to get the things needed for the weekend and into next week.

Unfortunately I did try to sleep on that other mattress last night, but had to finish the rest of the night in the recliner. I have a feeling that it won't be much good making my mind up about any new mattress until this attack of arthritis and collection of fluid has shifted.  I have checked and found that it can take apparently (after the op I had) for the fluid to take anything between 3 weeks and 6 months to leave the body - so looks like a waiting game.  I have put the knee supports on today after rubbing in the Ibuprofen gel and that has been quite a help today.  Before I go to sleep I have been rubbing it into my hands and putting on gloves and hands are a bit easier because of that.

Jean, I do hope the awful weather didn't put off that visit to the Blitz Cafe - that sounds a good place to visit and our club have got AGM in a couple of weeks and want ideas of where to visit, so I have got that down as a suggestion for them.  Also hope the weather is good tomorrow for your trip on the Didcot steam railway. Not quite better Jean, but slowly getting there and the hip replacement is totally fine - just the rest of me Rolling Eyes.

Dian. unfortunately the mattress didn't quite work out how I hoped, but you can see what I said above about waiting for a while before I try and get it sorted. Yes I hope Rachel gets good news after the scan on Saturday and it was good that they managed to get away to Weymouth (and hope the weather down there hasn't been as bad as it has been here).  Not a problem, putting some colour in your post.  So sorry to read that you have got more back trouble and you have the appointment with the doctor today and do hope there is something that can be done for you to ease any pain from that again.

Barbara, good that David got the shopping done before that awful heavy rain arrived. Had to laugh about what you said about David and his socks.  I actually went through mine yesterday to make sure the correct pairs were together and did find a couple mismatched. Not much else to do in this awful weather, but for you to get on with your usual things and see you were going to give the exercises a miss until tomorrow and hope the back problem has eased.  I see that unfortunately Dian is going through the pain again with hers.

Well Ladies I had better finish and get something for an evening meal and make sure the shopping list is ready for tomorrow.  Wishing you all a peaceful and relaxed evening. 
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:04 am
Hello Everyone - Page 20 Pu3n6r11  Hi Ladies.  Well it is early, just before 7 and it is dry out there after all that monsoon yesterday, but I see that light showers are forecast throughout the day, so I suppose I have to make the most of that forecast and get out there and do the shopping that is needed for the weekend when the family are here and going over into next week.  

Jean I do hope you can enjoy the trip to the steam railway today and weather is kind.

Dian I do hope that appointment with the doctor was some help to you and the back pain eases.

Barbara, hope your back has eased too and you can get back to your exercises today.

Well I had better get on with a few little jobs here and get the first set of exercises done.  I did try again for the bed last night, but after a while I had to get up, rub the Ibuprofen gel into the knees and put the supports on them and then off to the recliner.  At least got some good sleep in bits and bobs.  Hope you all enjoy your Good Friday Ladies.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:14 pm
Pauline well it is good that you have your recliner to be comfortable in when you are suffering the pain .I am sure you will have a nice time with the family over the weekend .Do hope good news for Rachel.Also hope Stephen and Rachel had a good time in Weymouth

Jean do hope your day went well with no problems

Barbara do hope you and David have a nice weekend

This comp driving me mad as just playing up with

Got on fine with the Doctor and he is referring me to the Hospital but will be a long time before I hear I am sure .It was not so much the pain as the leg just went numb and gave way .I was not really bothered but daughter made me go to Doctors .Had a nice day out now hoping this goes
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:31 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

Well the day started off with some heavy rain interspersed with lovely sunshine, and so it went on until about lunchtime when the rain stopped and it hasn't so far restarted yet.  It's feeling a tad chilly but there's just a nice gentle breeze.

David did the essential shopping early this morning.  Later in the morning, he went out to a local shop to buy a new nightlight.  Ours packed up last night and I had to put the landing light on when I got up to go to the toilet during the night.  I still haven't done my exercises today due to having hurt my back but it's feeling a bit better and so I'll probably do the exercises starting tomorrow, although being careful with them at first.  After lunch, David and I did the washing up together.  I watched some more TV and then I came in here and David went to the terrain to play in the club session.  He's still there now, unlike last Friday when they didn't even complete one game, as the heavens opened and they all came back home.  I've done some reading.  I've also done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.  I have tackled the cryptic crossword in the daily newspaper but have still more to do on it and shall attempt to do so later this afternoon.

PAULINE: It was certainly a terrible afternoon here yesterday and going into the evening - just bucketing it down, so you decided to stay indoors and tidy.  Upstairs is as tidy as it can be until that bed is sorted, but downstairs needed dusting and getting things ready for Saturday when family are here.

You don't usually go shopping on a Good Friday, but you are hoping that the rain will stay away in the morning as you want to get along to Aldi's to get the things needed for the weekend and into next week.

Unfortunately you did try to sleep on that other mattress the night before, but had to finish the rest of the night in the recliner. You have a feeling that it won't be much good making your mind up about any new mattress until this attack of arthritis and collection of fluid has shifted.  You have checked and found that it can take apparently (after the op you had) for the fluid to take anything between 3 weeks and 6 months to leave the body - so looks like a waiting game.  You have put the knee supports on today after rubbing in the Ibuprofen gel and that has been quite a help today.  Before you go to sleep you have been rubbing it into your hands and putting on gloves and hands are a bit easier because of that.

Well  you had better finish and get something for an evening meal and make sure the shopping list is ready for tomorrow.  Wishing us all a peaceful and relaxed evening.

Well it was early, just before 7 and it is dry out there after all that monsoon yesterday, but you see that light showers are forecast throughout the day, so you suppose you have to make the most of that forecast and get out there and do the shopping that is needed for the weekend when the family are here and going over into next week.

Well you had better get on with a few little jobs here and get the first set of exercises done.  You did try again for the bed last night, but after a while you had to get up, rub the Ibuprofen gel into the knees and put the supports on them and then off to the recliner.  At least got some good sleep in bits and bobs.  Hope you all enjoy your Good Friday Ladies.

DIAN: This comp driving you mad as just playing up with

Got on fine with the Doctor and he is referring you to the Hospital but will be a long time before you hear you are sure.  It was not so much the pain as the leg just went numb and gave way.  You were not really bothered but daughter made you go to Doctors.  Had a nice day out now hoping this goes.

I hope that Jean is all right and that Rita is having a good day.

This is just to say that Andrew is coming to us tomorrow, Saturday, and so I probably won't be around very much although I will try and pop in some time over the Easter break.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:30 am
I am worn out again after the trip which was lovely the weather held on for us too  quite a big place to visit with lots of walking
hope the backs clear up over Easter  my feet are killing me wtth all that walking
sunny here today have done the washing
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:46 am
Hello Everyone - Page 20 9mergz13   Hi Ladies.  I did get out to do the shopping while it was dry and found everything I needed in Aldi, but had to get out the umbrella to cross the road to the bus stop for the bus home and cannot say it was that sheltered in the bus stop (rather narrow roof), so was pleased to get home and dry off, get all of the shopping away and sit down with a drink for half an hour.  Wrote a list of what I had to do with regard to food preparation for today and am up early and seeing to it all at the moment. Everything prepared except for the heating of the pizzas, sausage rolls, beef pasties, etc., and after this post I am off upstairs to get myself tidy.

Again last night I did try sleeping in the bed, but had to give that up, rub some Ibuprofen gell into the knees, put the supports on and then come downstairs and get the last few hours in the recliner.  It is so anoying this collection of fluid around the knees, becase it takes away the enjoyment of realising how wonderful it is to be out of pain with regard to the hip.  Will have to see what the physiotherapist says on Tuesday  (that is the next appointment and Susi is taking me to that.

Jean I do hope that rain that arrived in the afternoon didn't spoil your outing for yesterday.

Dian, I am really glad that you listened to your daughter about the problem with the leg going numb and I see that the doctor has referred you to the hospital. That is exactly what used to happen to me with regard to the hip that had to be replaced.  Has he ordered an x-ray for you?  That showed up the trouble with mine and I do hope you don't have to wait too long for any appointment at the hospital.  Sorry to read that your computer is still giving you trouble.  Rachel will be arriving here with Stephen, coming directly from Coventry hospital after the scan and wondering how long she will have to wait for the results.

Barbara, I see that Davd had to go out again after the shopping to get a new night light as you had to keep the landing light on the night before, for any trips to the bathroom. Still no exercises for you as your back is still playing up. After doing a few things together, you posted in here and David went off to the terrain and hope he did well.

Just seen that Jean has looked in, so had better get this post on before she posts and hope you all enjoy your Saturday.   I was wrong about that, see that Jean got in here before I checked and posted mine.  Good to know you enjoyed the trip out and the weather allowed you to enjoy it, but see your feet are killing you after all of the walking.  I hope that sun lasts that we have here this morning  and you get the washing dry.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:24 am
Hello Everyone - Page 20 1o3wsa59
Pauline that was good getting all your shopping in Aldi. Good all organized for today with the family .Sorry still not comfortable in your bed yet .Great that you do have the recliner.
Enjoy today with your family

Jean that did sound a lovely day out even though there was a lot of walking involved .Wishing you a nice weekend

Barbara good David got you a new light for the stairs for you .Great that your back is improving. That is nice David is going to spend the weekend with both of you.......enjoy

Rain is on then off and sun pops out .Going now off to have a snack then get on with some housework
Wishing you all a nice weekend
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:18 am
I woke up feeling worn out hope that goes always bad the second day it seems after excerise
hardly tooke the dog out far
gloomy today
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:51 am
Hello Everyone - Page 20 Ladfie10 Hi Ladies.

Yesterday went so well with the family here and before they all went, they all helped clear up for me and this morning I have just been putting things back in their correct places, just made a second cup of coffee and sitting down to post on here.  

I have been researching the best light, but warm duvets for arthritis sufferers and at the moment I am still no wiser.  On Tuesday I have the appointment with the physio again and perhaps might ask advice from them  Susi is taking me to that.  Rachel now has a small op lined up for further investigation next week after two scans yesterday, so I do hope that all goes well for her.

Dian, see you were planning to do some more housework yesterday and hope your Easter weekend is going well.  Yesterday we had brilliant sunshine all day, but gone a bit gloomy this morning after a sunny start.  Don't do too much work and be kind and make sure you don't agitate the back.

Jean, yes it has gone gloomy after a lovely start and see you aren't feeling too energetic after all of the walking on the trip out, so Peanut didn't get too long a walk.

Barbara, hope the weekend is going well for you.

Going to finish the coffee, then go and get that wash down - do wish I could have a bath, but still advised  not to yet.  Enjoy your Easter Sunday Ladies.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:48 pm
[color=#000099]Hello Everyone - Page 20 7fw3im65
Pauline that was good all went well and all had a nice time and  all helped to clear up .Do hope it will be good news for Rachel and great she is getting looked after so quickly .That is so good having physio so quickly.

Jean hope as the day went on you felt a bit better  Do hope so .o

Barbara I am sure that you and David will be having a nice time with Andrew .Good also to catch up on his news and how life is treating him

Quite a pleasant day here so have got a small washing out and just might do another bit tiding more up in the back........have a nice weekend all
[/clor]
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:24 am
Hello Everyone - Page 20 4pohkl29

Pauline that was a nice weekend with the family and good they all helped to get it ship shape again. Do hope it will be good news for Rachel. I am sure you will soon be able to have a bath
It is that long since I   have had one because I could get in but would not manage to get out Sad That was a nice weekend with your family   Hope you get to your Monday club

Jean have a nice quiet day and hope you will feel a bit better

Barbara I am sure you and David would have had a nice weekend with Andrew catching up on all his news

So far it is dry but think rain is on its way .Pleased I got the back grass cut but think there is more moss than grass but it does look tidier.
Also got a small washing out and dried yesterday. Also we did have some nice sunshine
Now off for a nice cup of tea........wishing you all a good day
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:53 am
today I am in bits should have gone to middle grandson but they had a row he walked out but is w no back so I am spending the day alone again
my son hung up on me on the phone yet again Iwanted to go over to Davids grave but my legs are still not working properly
yresterday somehow got to the club they said you look older because I could not walk on Saturday
it was a nice meal
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:17 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 20 Eabunn10  Good Evening Ladies.,  This is going to be short this evening - computer is jumping all over the place and my hands are playing up - pins and needles in fingertips.

Had a lazy day that I promised myself and started watching the boxset of the Final Kingdom - got through two discs today and there are about 4 episodes on each disc and there are a load more discs in the set.  I am going to put the third one on upstairs after I have typed this, as off up there to set my hair, which was washed this morning when I was awake early soaking my feet and then rubbing in the gel into the knees and have had the knee supports on all day and had to take pain killers.  I have done quite a bit of walking around downstairs in between watching the film, to make sure I got the exercise I am supposed to get.

Jean well that wasn't a very happy Easter weekend due to family upsets, but at least you enjoyed the meal on Saturday.

Dian, despite your back trouble I see you got some washing out in nice weather and was planning to do a bit more tidying, not a lot I hope, because of the back and leg trouble.  Thanks for your good wishes for Rachel.  Just seen your later post and see you did some grass cutting - naughty of you, but hard to resist and am sure it looks a whole lot tidier now.

No post yet from Barbara, so hope her day went well

Wishing you all a peaceful evening and I am of to set my hair. Probably will post late tomorrow as got physio first thing.

Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:22 am
today have heard from another friend who has fluid on her lungs and she should be in hospital she is nearly
h 90
what is happening to the NHS especially for us oldies
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:32 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 20 Bells_44
Pauline good you were good to yourself and rested  well also got some exercises done too .Yes you do really have rest too
.So so annoying when the comp plays up  Know the feeling well .
Yes glad I got the grass cut but there is more moss than grass but looks tidier.

Barbara I am sure you will have had a nice weekend with Andrew

Jean hope your having a better day .Sorry to hear about your friend........think everybody has been let down with the Health Service

Another wet day again. Pleased son popped in with more nice snacks which I have just enjoyed He is off on holiday this weekend with his wife and friends
Now I must move and get some more work done
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:23 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 20 W3jrjs12 Hi Ladies.  Went to the physio this morning and she said, there definitely was fluid aroumd both knees and perhaps I should get a doctor's appointment and get them checked out thoroughly, because if they do need attention then at least I would be on the NHS list.  She also told me the three exercises she wanted me to concentrate on and also if I did a dry run first of getting in and out of the bath, then if that went okay, to try a bath - would love that.

Susi took me there and when we came home we did a big search on the internet for a new front door cill and found one at last, so that is all ordered and paid for and will be delivered.  Rachel phoned while Susi was here and the hospital believe she needs a Hysteroscopy when they will take more samples for testing and believe they have spotted pre cancerous activity which could develop into cancer. They also believe that she was put on HRT treatment too early and that is why they aren't wasting any further time now.  She did mention that they would be on holiday in May and they are going to make sure it is all done quickly for her so hopefully they can take their holiday and work out what treatment is best for her. She feels they are rushing this through because it was their wrong diagnosis that was at fault in the first place - well I hope it can be sorted without any harmful affects.

Jean, sorry to read about your friend and goodness knows where we are heading with our NHS, because it has been badly managed and neglected for far to long.

Barbara, expect you enjoyed your weekend with Andrew there over Easter

Dian, I expect you enjoyed those snacks that your son brought with him when he visited and hope him and his wife and friends all enjoy their holiday.  See you were planning some more work, but don't do too much.  I think it is time for me to start on the 3rd disc of my boxset now.

Enjoy your afternoon Ladies..
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:01 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We've had fairly good weather here today, with mostly beautiful sunshine, although with cloud cover some of the time.  I think the temperature is trying to pick up, which is good for me, and there's been no rain so far.

David did the essential shopping early this morning.  Later in the morning, I had an email from Acorn stairlifts saying that we still needed to pay for the remote monitoring provided by them.  It was free within our first year but there's now an option to pay for the monitoring to continue.  We hadn't been told anything about this when we signed up for the stairlift and complained to the company about it.  We've decided to pay for it for now, as it's only £10 a month, but made it clear that we're not happy that we weren't told about this at the time.  I still haven't done my exercises due to having hurt my back but it's feeling a bit better and so I'll probably do the exercises starting tomorrow, although being careful with them at first.  After lunch, David and I did the washing up together.  Afterwards, he went to a local pharmacy to collect 2 prescriptions for me.  I watched some more TV and then I came in here and David is now watching snooker on the TV, having made us a hot drink each.  I've done some reading.  I've also done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.  I haven't yet tackled the cryptic crossword in the daily newspaper but shall attempt to do so later this afternoon.

We had a lovely weekend with Andrew, who arrived here on Saturday morning and left here very early this morning to go back home in time to start work at 9am.

I'm sorry not to be writing more today but it's now almost time to start getting the dinner ready and so I'll write more tomorrow.

I wish everyone well and I hope you all had a very pleasant Easter.

Stay safe and well, everyone.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum