Nifty Fifties Plus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Pauline
Pauline
Admin
https://nifty-fifties.forumotion.com

Hello Everyone - Page 19 Empty Re: Hello Everyone

Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:04 am
Hello Everyone - Page 19 Omhsll11Good Morning Ladies.

What a problem my computer has given me, trying to design that gif for your birthday Barbara, but got there in the end, a completely different way round getting the design onto here.  Anyway enjoy your birthday. I just realised after posting this, that your birthday design is at the bottom of page 18 and now it has switched to page 19.  Nothing going smoothly for me this morning

Rita said how she was enjoying hers yesterday.

The nets are all dry and I have put them back up this morning - I am okay standing on stools and stepladders (in fact stepping up and down steps is one of the physio exercises I have to do, but I am very careful how I am doing these things.

I hope you all have a pleasant day and here it is cloudy this morning, but I am off shopping to B & M for DIY things this morning and getting away from this computer, before it drives me up the wall !!!!!
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:00 am
Hello Everyone - Page 19 Y9oha814    Hello Ladies.

Well I never did go shopping yesterday as it started raining and it is doing the same today, but must get along to B & M this morning.  I thought it was just my computer playing up yesterday, but no posts from any of you, so wondering if it was just the internet totally, because it took me ages to get those two posts on here and this morning again I have had trouble trying to design a gif for today, so used one of my existing ones.

Hope you all have a good day and thank you Dian for the Dogs and Cats email.
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:24 am
well hope this goes  do not seem to have had any notifications again
went to the eye man said I could drive and await another test in about 5 weeks could not believe it
hope all are well and it looks as if I missed your birthday Barbara so belated birthday greetings
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:14 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We've had some lovely weather here today, with just some drizzle early this morning.  David just about got back from the shops this morning before the drizzle started.  It's really quite mild now and with just a gentle breeze

David did the essential shopping early this morning.  Later in the morning, he went to the terrain to play in the club session.  He hadn't played for months but managed to win the 2 games that he played.  Well done to him!  I've done the full range of my exercises.  After lunch, David and I did the washing up together.  We then watched some more TV before I came online and David went upstairs to play with his model railway..  I've done some reading.  I've also done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop. I haven't yet tackled the cryptic crossword in the daily newspaper but shall attempt to do so later this afternoon.  David has made us a hot drink each and is now watching a Western.

I'm sorry not to have posted yesterday but as it was my birthday, David went out and bought 2 special coffees and 2 sooper dooper chocolate chip cookies.  They were absolutely scrumptious.  We then had a good old chat in between watching TV programmes.

Many thanks to Pauline for the lovely birthday card, designed by you.

I had a call from Specsavers at Home yesterday and as promised, they offered me a much earlier appointment for my eye examination and it's on 27 March, much better than having to wait till 30 May!

PAULINE: What a problem your computer gave you yesterday, trying to design that gif for my birthday, but got there in the end, a completely different way round getting the design onto here.  Anyway enjoy your birthday. I just realised after posting this, that your birthday design is at the bottom of page 18 and now it has switched to page 19.  Nothing going smoothly for me this morning.

I did enjoy my birthday, Pauline, and thanks for all your good work in putting my birthday card on here!

Rita said how she was enjoying hers yesterday.  I saw on Facebook that it was her birthday and so I sent her a birthday message.

The nets are all dry and you have put them back up this morning - you are okay standing on stools and stepladders (in fact stepping up and down steps is one of the physio exercises you have to do, but you are very careful how you are doing these things.

You hoped we all had a pleasant day and there it was cloudy yesterday morning, but you were off shopping to B & M for DIY things yesterday and getting away from this computer, before it drives you up the wall!!!!!

Well you never did go shopping yesterday as it started raining and it is doing the same today, but must get along to B & M this morning.  You thought it was just your computer playing up yesterday, but no posts from any of us, so wondering if it was just the internet totally, because it took you ages to get those two posts on here and this morning again you have had trouble trying to design a gif for today, so used one of your existing ones.

JEAN: It's good to see you posting again.  I hope all is well with you.

Well hope this goes.  Do not seem to have had any notifications again.

Went to the eye man who said you could drive and await another test in about 5 weeks.  Could not believe it.

Hope all are well and it looks as if I missed your birthday Barbara, so belated birthday greetings.  Thank you very much, Jean!

I hope that Dian is well and that Rita is having a good day.

Stay safe and well, everyone!

Lots of love from me to all!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:18 am
Hello Everyone - Page 19 Doqnd910  Good Morning Ladies.

Trouble again designing the gif.  Usually when I design them on the site I normally use, it is easy to switch them to the particular folder where I would save them, but oh no, not at the moment.  I have to go the long way around and shift them onto my desktop and then into the correct file, before I can get them on here and at the moment, sitting on this chair at the computer is something I don't need to do for too long - definitely not good for the legs and knees. Anyway I got there in the end.

Yesterday I had to take a couple of pain killers about an hour before I went out shopping, which I knew was going to be a long time on the feet, going around looking for the DIY items I needed and the flare up in the knees was so bad that I had to take a couple more of the pain killers while I was out, so I could get the remainder of the shopping done and get home.  When home I got shopping away quickly and put my feet up in recliner for an hour and then went upstairs for a wash and change into nightwear (and using the stairs was so difficult) and after washing I lay on the bed for about 45 minutes with the heating pad (a good Mother's Day present that was)  over both knees and in the end that made life a bit easier.

I am so annoyed about this flare up of arthritis, because I was getting on so well with the exercises and that has made it difficult to get a lot of them completed. I think I had better start another course of Ibuprofen tabs for the next few days, because even one of my hands has started swelling, which is very unusual, so better get this sorted.  Sorry about all of the moans from me Ladies, but I am really annoyed about how I was getting on so well and now this flare up has put me back in my progress.

Jean, good to see you posting again, as we were getting worried, not hearing from you for over a week.  I see after the last appointment you have been told that you can drive for a few more weeks and get another eye test in 5 weeks - hope it all works out well for you.

Barbara, good to read that after quite a while of not going to the terrain, that David got there and won a couple of the games.  You both enjoyed your birthday with the special coffees and treats and see you sent a message to Rita on Facebook for her birthday - I didn't put any remarks on that one this year, because I emailed her instead and she replied back to say that she had enjoyed it all.  I see you are still keepiing up with the full range of your exercises and hope I can get mine done today.

Dian, wondering if your computer is still giving you trouble and hope you enjoyed your club yesterday.

Must away now Ladies and clear a few things for Aimie as she is back today to carry on with the downstair windows  Hope you all have an enjoyable day.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:09 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 19 1i6fjy94
oops wrong gif but not going to try and change it as this comp got a mind of its own ....grrrrrr

Pauline that was a really good help that  the girls did for you .Yes this comp has been playing up and driving me daft .Hope you did manage out for your shopping and really good in getting your exercises done as well.
Yes I did enjoy the Wed club and had a small win on the Bingo

Jean so good to see you popping in again    

Barbara that was a nice time with Andrew which you both enjoyed.........sorry I missed your birthday  but computer was playing up and actually still doing its own thing

Not long in as daughter took me out today instead of tomorrow and my friend was away with her family over the weekend
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:24 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We had lovely sunshine this morning but sadly it didn't last.  The clouds came over again and it did look like rain for a time, but it hasn't yet materialised.  The weather is still mild, fortunately and there's just a nice gentle breeze.

David did the essential shopping early this morning.  Later in the morning, he went to the barber's to have his hair cut.  He looks very smart!  I've done the full range of my exercises.  After lunch, David and I did the washing up together.  We then watched some more TV before I came online and David went upstairs to play with his model railway..  I've done some reading.  I've also done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop. I've tackled the cryptic crossword in the daily newspaper but have still more to do on it and so shall attempt to do so later this afternoon.  David has made us a hot drink each and has now gone back upstairs to play with his model railway.

PAULINE: Trouble again designing the gif.  Usually when you design them on the site you normally use, it is easy to switch them to the particular folder where you would save them, but oh no, not at the moment.  You have to go the long way around and shift them onto your desktop and then into the correct file, before you can get them on here and at the moment, sitting on this chair at the computer is something you don't need to do for too long - definitely not good for the legs and knees. Anyway you got there in the end.

Yesterday you had to take a couple of pain killers about an hour before you went out shopping, which you knew was going to be a long time on the feet, going around looking for the DIY items you needed and the flare up in the knees was so bad that you had to take a couple more of the pain killers while you were out, so you could get the remainder of the shopping done and get home.  When home you got shopping away quickly and put your feet up in recliner for an hour and then went upstairs for a wash and change into nightwear (and using the stairs was so difficult) and after washing you lay on the bed for about 45 minutes with the heating pad (a good Mother's Day present that was) over both knees and in the end that made life a bit easier.

You are so annoyed about this flare up of arthritis, because you were getting on so well with the exercises and that has made it difficult to get a lot of them completed. You think you had better start another course of Ibuprofen tabs for the next few days, because even one of your hands has started swelling, which is very unusual, so better get this sorted.  Sorry about all of the moans from you, but you are really annoyed about how you were getting on so well and now this flare up has put you back in my progress.  

I'm very sorry to hear that, Pauline, as you were indeed getting on very well.  Would you be able to get some advice from your surgeon or perhaps your GP or physiotherapist?

You had to away after posting and clear a few things for Aimie as she is back today to carry on with the downstairs windows  You hope we all have an enjoyable day.

DIAN: Barbara that was a nice time with Andrew which you both enjoyed.........sorry I missed your birthday but computer was playing up and actually still doing its own thing.

No worries, Dian, about missing my birthday. It couldn't be helped, and we did have a nice time with Andrew!

Not long in as daughter took you out today instead of tomorrow and your friend was away with her family over the weekend

I hope that Jean is all right and that Rita is having a good day.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:49 am
cold out there again on the dog walk. the fire people are coming tonight to check the alarm  via the club  there will be a fire engine outside unless they are called away
I do not know why I keep the wrong words in maybe because my hands are no longer fast enough now
Pauline sorry about the pain  hope that goes away soon
my appointment is on the 12th April, trust me to have to go twice
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:35 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 19 Oie_g106 Hi Ladies.  Well I am still having to go the long way around after designing gifs, to get them on here, but getting used to that now.  Thankfully yesterday after deciding that I had better go back to a five day course of ibuprofen tabs (and this is now the second day) I got mobility back, with much less pain and thankfully was able to get around so much better.  Aimie called in to finish the downstairs windows and while she was here, Rachel calld in and we had lunch together.  

The chair was delivered that I had ordered for my bedroom and it is so comfortable and the colour blends in so well with the colours in that room and besides being able to use it at the dressing table (instead of the old dining room chair I had there), it is also just right for sitting in to view any recordings on the tv or read a book for a while, before getting into bed.  Here is a photo of it and it is as comfortable as it looks:-

Hello Everyone - Page 19 M5056710

Now on the look out for a new bed frame and reckon I have found one off of Amazon.  I want to get rid of the double base with two drawer storage (and they aren't so difficult to break down and get rid of and the one I have seen is an off the floor sturdy wooden legged slatted frame (no headboard needed, because I will use my existing one that matches the other furniture).  With regard to the new mattress needed, I might try using the miracoil one from the spare bedroom (that has never had a lot of use) and then that would be easier to replace (as it is the bedroom nearest the top of the stairs).  Have to get Stephen involved with that and see if he can get rid of the old mattress with one of his vans, down to the civic tip  Rolling Eyes.  

Dian. I know how you feel about not changing the gif with your computer playing up.  Mine is so old and jumpy now that I am having to treat it so carefully, not to upset it, because there are a few more things I need to pay out for before I think about a new computer.  I certainly have been lucky with the help from the family and Susi will be back this weeked to continue on with the sealant on the outside of the porch window frames and she made such a good job of the bathroom.  Glad to read you enjoyed the club on Wedesday and had a small win on the bingo.  I see you went out yesterday for the shopping trip with your daughter, instead of today ,as your friend is away with her family for the weekend, but expect you will find enough to do to keep you busy today.

Barbara same here yesterday, with brilliant sunshine for a while, but it soon faded early afternoon, although we didn't get the rain that appeared to be threatenig.  I see that David looks very smart as after doing the necessary shopping, he then went for a hair cut.  You got in your full range of exercises and then you did the washing up together and watched some t v and then did your own separate things. Thankfully Barbara, having decided on a new course of the ibuprofen, like the physiotherapist advised before, that does seem to be working and I am due to see the physiotherapist again at the hospital on Tuesday 2nd April, so time to get back to getting in the full range of exercises, which thankfully I feel able to do today.

Jean, I see what you are saying about putting the wrong words in - you want to see what my post is like before I alter all of the mistakes - and what a time that takes - because my hands and fingers definitely don't work the way I would like them to.  I reckon that the club will have to get someone else to take the Minutes of the AGM this year, because I don't think my hands and fingers are able to do that now.  That is quite a while you have to wait for the next test and I do hope that all goes well for you.  As you can see from above, mobility is back again fom me, minus the pain, so very happy about that.

Well Ladies, I have quite a bit to get through today so had better start on the llst of jobs and hope you all enjoy your Friday.
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:36 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We had rain forecast for pretty much the whole of today but apart from a shower late this morning, no rain has appeared - yet!  It's still feeling a bit milder and there's still that gentle breeze.

David did the essential shopping early this morning.  Later in the morning, he went upstairs to play with his model railway.  I've done the full range of my exercises.  After lunch, David and I did the washing up together.  We then watched some more TV before I came online and David has gone to the terrain to play in the club session.  He also had to pay his annual membership fee to the club as it's that time of year.  I've done some reading.  I've also done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop. I've not yet tackled the cryptic crossword in the daily newspaper but shall attempt to do so later this afternoon.

JEAN: Cold out there again on the dog walk.  The fire people are coming tonight to check the alarm via the club.  There will be a fire engine outside unless they are called away.

You do not know why you keep the wrong words in; maybe because your hands are no longer fast enough now.

Your appointment is on the 12th April.  Trust you to have to go twice!

PAULINE: Well you are still having to go the long way around after designing gifs, to get them on here, but getting used to that now.  Thankfully yesterday after deciding that you had better go back to a five day course of ibuprofen tabs (and this is now the second day) you got mobility back, with much less pain and thankfully were able to get around so much better.  Aimie called in to finish the downstairs windows and while she was there, Rachel called in and you had lunch together.  

The chair was delivered that you had ordered for your bedroom and it is so comfortable and the colour blends in so well with the colours in that room and besides being able to use it at the dressing table (instead of the old dining room chair you had there), it is also just right for sitting in to view any recordings on the tv or read a book for a while, before getting into bed.  You've posted a photo of it and it is as comfortable as it looks.

Now on the look out for a new bed frame and reckon you have found one off of Amazon.  You want to get rid of the double base with two drawer storage (and they aren't so difficult to break down and get rid of and the one you have seen is an off the floor sturdy wooden legged slatted frame (no headboard needed, because you will use your existing one that matches the other furniture).  With regard to the new mattress needed, you might try using the miracoil one from the spare bedroom (that has never had a lot of use) and then that would be easier to replace (as it is the bedroom nearest the top of the stairs).  Have to get Stephen involved with that and see if he can get rid of the old mattress with one of his vans, down to the civic tip.

Pauline, having decided on a new course of the ibuprofen, like the physiotherapist advised before, that does seem to be working and you are due to see the physiotherapist again at the hospital on Tuesday 2nd April, so time to get back to getting in the full range of exercises, which thankfully you feel able to do today.  I'm glad that's all worked out well for you.

Well Ladies, you have quite a bit to get through today so had better start on the llst of jobs and you hope we all enjoy our Friday.

I hope that Dian is having a good day and that Rita is all right.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:53 pm
Pauline sorry you had such a painful time as know what it feels like and can be quite frightening too at times .Good now a lot better again .Liked your new chair does look smart and comfortable too .Great that the rest of the windows now done .It would be wise not to do the minutes at  your AGM as it would be painful  Hope you manage to get your bed all sorted .

Jean hope your having a nice day with Peanut .Good you ar e getting your alarm checked

Barbara good you had some nice weather .David now looking smart after his nice haircut .He also did the essential shopping while you got on with your exercises .After lunch David and you both did the washing up .Then you both watched some TV .David went up to his trains while you got on with some of your work Later David came downstairs and made you both a nice hot drink while you had been busy.

Quite a pleasant day but chilly and we have had several showers of rain then more sunshine but it is still cold .Roll on the nice weather Hope it arrives soon
Off now to get some more work done
Daughter managed to sort computer yesterday before we went out
Younger daughter still not doing too good .Really worried about her
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:53 am
well good laugh yesterday the firemen could not find the bungalow  said what if I have a fire and they said we will see the flames   beyond words
said could somebody sort that out as the sat navs go to the wrong place and they could not help
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:46 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 19 Flower52
Pauline I   am sure you will be having a nice time with your family. Do hope you are not in too much pain .Still need to be careful

Jean well that was interesting having the firemen there to advise you Hope they did manage to help you

Barbara do hope you and David are having a nice weekend .Hope you are still having nice dry weather

Not sure how the weather will do today as we have heavy rain showers then some dry weather then more rain
I have done a small washing .Changed the bedding  and got it outside hoping for a couple of dry hours .Now off to make the bed up. Really hoping for some dry weather
Enjoy your weekend ladies
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:56 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We had lovely sunshine this morning and for part of the afternoon.  David was unsure as to whether to go and play petanque or not as the weather forecasters were talking about all 4 seasons in 1 day.  He did go and play but came back without having finished a game, as the heavens had opened.  There were only 5 members there, including David, and so they all decided to give up for the day as it looked as if the rain was here to stay.  He came home but in the meantime the rain had stopped and it hasn't started again.  If only the members had sheltered in the hut (erm, I mean the clubhouse!), they could have carried on playing!  You just never know what the weather's going to do in this country!

David did the essential shopping early this morning.  Later in the morning, he went upstairs to play with his model railway.  I've done the full range of my exercises.  After lunch, David and I did the washing up together.  We then watched some more TV before I came online and David went to the terrain to play in the club session, although the session was short lived.  He therefore did the decent thing and put the horse racing on on the TV.  He's now made us a nice hot drink each.  I've done some reading.  I've also done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop. I've tackled the cryptic crossword in the daily newspaper and have actually finished it this time!

DIAN: Yesterday you had quite a pleasant day but chilly and you have had several showers of rain then more sunshine but it is still cold.  Roll on the nice weather.  Hope it arrives soon.

Off now to get some more work done.

Daughter managed to sort computer yesterday before you went out.  Good for her!  I still have to ask Andrew for help and/or advice sometimes.

Younger daughter still not doing too good.  Really worried about her.  I'm sorry to hear that, Dian.  I pray that she'll get better soon.

Not sure how the weather will do today as you have heavy rain showers then some dry weather then more rain.

You have done a small washing.  Changed the bedding and got it outside hoping for a couple of dry hours.  Now off to make the bed up.  Really hoping for some dry weather.

JEAN: Well good laugh yesterday.  The firemen could not find the bungalow.  You said what if you have a fire and they said they would see the flames.  Beyond words!  You said could somebody sort that out as the sat navs go to the wrong place and they could not help.

I do hope that Pauline is all right and not in too much pain.  I also hope that Rita is having a good day.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:38 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 19 Mynck211  Hi Ladies.  It is late afternoon, but by the time I have finished typing this it will be early evening.

Busy day here today, as Bob and Mary (friends) called in to see how I was doing and then Susi arrived to continue with the rest of the sealant in the downstairs loo.  We both had a look at the outside of the porch and decided what has to be done there and besides the sealant on the outside, the wooden cill under the front door needs replacing, as that has started rotting, so on the lookout for one of those now and by the look of it, that will have to be ordered off of the internet.

Barbara, although you mentioned it getting milder, this morning we had hailstones for about 10 minutes, then the sun returned for the rest of the day.  Besides you both doing the usual things, David went to the terrain to play in a club session and had his annual membership fee to pay.  I see the heavens opened while David was at the terrain today and with those hailstones we had this morning, it certainly was like 4 seasons in one day as you had mentioned.  Thank you for enquiring about the pain, as I am midway through the ibuprofen course, it does seem to be working thankfully.

Dian, yes I know how much pain you went through with your back and like you said, when it caught me the other day when I was out, it was quite frightening, but ibuprofen course seems to be working.  See you like the look of the new chair and it certainly is very comfortable.  The bedframe has been ordered and I have decided to get the girls to switch the mattress out of the spare bedroom into mine and if that is okay for me, then get a new mattress for the spare bedroom.  Good to read that your daughter was able to sort out the computer for you, but so sorry to read that you are still worried about your younger daughter, who is still unwell.  Last night got some bad news from Rachel about tests she has had, but will write about that in a minute.  Real mixture of weather for you today, but you have stripped the bed and hope you get a couple of hours to get that bedding dry and by now have remade the bed.

Jean, well that isn't very reassuring that remark from the fireman and hope you never do need them in the event of a fire Rolling Eyes !!!  Fancy not being able to find you.  Sat navs on their vehicles don't seem that reliable.  Anyway hope the smoke alarm passed the test.

Now about Rachel, doctor thinks the menopause was wrongly diagnosed and there is something more seriously wrong and because of other symptoms she has been experiencing, further tests should have been made sooner, because there seems now to be a growth in the womb, so she has an urgent gyne appointment for Monday.  Really worrying news and neither her or Stephen can help worrying about this - I do hope it all turns out benign for her and after the running around they have been doing for me, it certainly doesn't seem fair that they now have this worry to cope with.

Wishing you all a peaceful evening.
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:21 am
Hello Everyone - Page 19 Uxvrxi10Good Morning Ladies.  A very quick look in from me this morning as I have quite a bit to try and sort out today and trying to sort out that threshold cill for the front door, is going to take up quite a bit of time, so better plough on with things and also trying to sort out a get together for next Saturday (seeing that is Easter weekend upon us quickly and early this year) and see who is free.  Taking all of that into account I had better get a move on.

I am planning on getting to the club tomorrow and on Tuesday the bed frame is supposed to be delivered (and to the room chosen, so that is a help).

Do hope you are enjoying your weekend and your Sunday goes well for you all and the week starts off tomorrow without any further problems.
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:33 am
the firemen replaced the alarm and wanted plugs to be changed so that has been done
it is very windy out there on dog w alk
what a worry for you all Pauline hope it goes well
sisfer in law had a funny turn and had to come home. the drs receptionist was there and got her an appointment
now she is seeing the heart man and this after scans and tests  beyond words
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:50 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 19 Bth_he23

Pauline so sorry to hear that about Rachel and you will worry  about it untill  they find out what is going on .Hope nothing serious. Great getting your room and bed all sorted .Do hope you get the sill fixed. Great that you will go to the Monday club .That was nice having your friends popping in to see you

Jean good you got the firemen as they will now know where you are Hope you are having a nice day with Peanut  Do hope nothing serious with your sister in law

Barbara that was good David got to the    terrain bút shame they could not finish it due to the rain
David did the essential shopping while you got on with your exercises .Later David went upstairs to his model railway .After lunch you and David did the washing up together .You got online while David went to the terrain but due to the rain came home and watched racing on the TV ect.

So far quite a pleasant day so got another small washing out. Now going out to start to tidy the back up as badly needing it done so will make a start on it
Have a nice weekend all
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:58 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We're having a lovely sunny day here today but it's chillier than it looks.  However, it's stayed dry today.

David did the essential shopping early this morning.  Later in the morning, he went to the terrain to play in the club session.  The rain stayed away this time!.  I've done the full range of my exercises.  After lunch, David and I did the washing up together.  We then watched some more TV before I came online and David went upstairs into our loft to play with his model railway.  He's now come downstairs again and has made us a nice hot drink each.  He's now watching one of Michael Portillo's railway programmes on the TV.  I've done some reading.  I've also done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop. I've tackled the general knowledge crossword in the daily newspaper but still have more of it to do, which I shall attempt later this afternoon.

PAULINE: It is late afternoon on Saturday, but by the time you have finished typing this it will be early evening.

Busy day here today, as Bob and Mary (friends) called in to see how you were doing and then Susi arrived to continue with the rest of the sealant in the downstairs loo.  You both had a look at the outside of the porch and decided what has to be done there and besides the sealant on the outside, the wooden cill under the front door needs replacing, as that has started rotting, so on the lookout for one of those now and by the look of it, that will have to be ordered off of the internet.

Although I'd mentioned it getting milder, this morning you had hailstones for about 10 minutes, then the sun returned for the rest of the day.  In fact we had hailstones here after I'd finished posting in here yesterday.

Thank you for enquiring about the pain, as you are midway through the ibuprofen course, it does seem to be working thankfully.

Now about Rachel, doctor thinks the menopause was wrongly diagnosed and there is something more seriously wrong and because of other symptoms she has been experiencing, further tests should have been made sooner, because there seems now to be a growth in the womb, so she has an urgent gyne appointment for Monday.  Really worrying news and neither her or Stephen can help worrying about this - you do hope it all turns out benign for her and after the running around they have been doing for you, it certainly doesn't seem fair that they now have this worry to cope with.

That's all very sad, Pauline, and I too hope it all turns out benign for her.  I'll say a prayer for her if that's all right.

A very quick look in from you this Sunday morning as you have quite a bit to try and sort out today and trying to sort out that threshold cill for the front door, is going to take up quite a bit of time, so better plough on with things and also trying to sort out a get together for next Saturday (seeing that is Easter weekend upon us quickly and early this year) and see who is free.  Taking all of that into account you had better get a move on.

You are planning on getting to the club tomorrow and on Tuesday the bed frame is supposed to be delivered (and to the room chosen, so that is a help).

You do hope we are enjoying our weekend and our Sunday goes well for us all and the week starts off tomorrow without any further problems.

JEAN: The firemen replaced the alarm and wanted plugs to be changed so that has been done.

It was very windy out there on dog walk.

What a worry for you all Pauline.  Hope it goes well.

Sister in law had a funny turn and had to come home.  The drs receptionist was there and got her an appointment.  Now she is seeing the heart man and this after scans and tests.  Beyond words.

DIAN: So far quite a pleasant day so got another small washing out.  Now going out to start to tidy the back up as badly needing it done and so will make a start on it.

I hope that Rita is having a good day.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:57 am
Hello Everyone - Page 19 Jo6pvc10  Hello Ladies.  I know it has only just gone 7.30  in the morning, but looks cloudy and gloomy out there and it has been raining.  Despite that I will get to the club today as I haven't managed to get there for the past 4 weeks, due to op and appointments, so it will be nice to see the other members today and next Monday there won't be a club meeting because it will be Easter Monday,  Also noted that we put the clocks back on the Sunday.

We did manage to arrange a get-together for next Saturday over the Easter weekend and today Rachel is supposed to get a phone call about the urgent gyne appointment and hope that is today for her, because she and Stephen had booked a week's holiday off to get to Weymouth to get work done there on that small holiday home they had bought, so if the appointment is done early in the week, they still can get a couple of days down there for the work that is booked to be done on the property.

If it doesn't rain tomorrow, then Susi is going to work on the outside sealant of the porch and at least we will know when the bedframe arrives as that is booked for tomorrow.

The problem I have at the moment, is that due to the pain in the knees I am still having to take the pain killers and would really like to cut down on them and today is the last day of the 5 day course of the Ibuprofen (which seem to be working, but not as  quickly as I would like).  My hands are still so painful and am wearing gloves (even indoors when I can) to keep them warm.

Jean, well I am glad the alarm was sorted by the firemen for you.  Do hope your sister-in-law will be okay after all of the scans and tests, but still had that funny turn and now has the appointment with the heart man.  Thanks for you remarks about Rachel and we just hope all will be well for her.

Dian, yes it is worrying about Rachel and just hope she gets the urgent appointment quickly and all will be well for her.  I see yesterday you got some washing out and you were going to tidy the back garden - I wish I could sort mine out, but have spoken to Susi about getting on with that section where I want the ivy reduced and a neater section created at the end of the patio with the new plastic trellis I had bought and while that is being done, then I might be able to use that shredding machine and get rid of some of the branches that had been cut and are hanging around and in the way and there is a lot more cutting back to be done.

Barbara, I see you got the hailstones too on Saturday, but yesterday fairly good weather and after doing the necessary shopping, David got in another session at the terrain and you got on with your full range of exercises and the other things you enjoy doing  Thank you for your remarks about what is happening to Rachel and your prayer is certainly acceptable

Better get a move on as there are a couple of things I want to do before getting out to the club and hope the day starts off well for you all.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:17 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 19 4pohkl28
Well hope it is a Happy Monday for all Very Happy
Pauline sorry your hands are so painful so do hope they ease up .Do hope all goes well for Rachel and do hope all goes well with the house they have bought .I am sure you would have been missed at the Monday club ..Good to have Saturday to look forward to with the family

Jean do hope your having a good day with Peanut

Barbara David did the essential shopping while you got on with your usual exercises Later David went off to the terrain as it was dry. After lunch you both did the washing up.While you got on line David went back up to his model railway .Later he came down and made you a nice hot drink

Another wet day here so I am glad I did start on tiding the back but plenty more to be done .Pleased I also got another small wash out and dried.Off now for a snack then get some more housework done
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:22 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We had lovely sunshine this morning but once again it didn't last, as it went behind the clouds and made everything full of that doom and gloom we've all become familiar with now.  It hasn't rained yet, which is good news but it's got colder again, unfortunately.

David did the essential shopping early this morning.  Later in the morning, he went upstairs into our loft to play with his model railway..  The rain stayed away this time!.  I've done the full range of my exercises.  After lunch, David and I did the washing up together.  We then watched some more TV before I came online and David went upstairs into our loft to play with his model railway again.  He's now come downstairs again and has made us a nice hot drink each.  He's now watching a Western on the TV.  I've done some reading.  I've also done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop. I've tackled the cryptic crossword in the daily newspaper but still have more of it to do, which I shall attempt later this afternoon.

PAULINE: You know it has only just gone 7.30  in the morning, but looks cloudy and gloomy out there and it has been raining.  Despite that you will get to the club today as you haven't managed to get there for the past 4 weeks, due to op and appointments, so it will be nice to see the other members today and next Monday there won't be a club meeting because it will be Easter Monday,  Also noted that we put the clocks back on the Sunday.

You did manage to arrange a get-together for next Saturday over the Easter weekend and today Rachel is supposed to get a phone call about the urgent gyne appointment and hope that is today for her, because she and Stephen had booked a week's holiday off to get to Weymouth to get work done there on that small holiday home they had bought, so if the appointment is done early in the week, they still can get a couple of days down there for the work that is booked to be done on the property.

If it doesn't rain tomorrow, then Susi is going to work on the outside sealant of the porch and at least you will know when the bedframe arrives as that is booked for tomorrow.

The problem you have at the moment, is that due to the pain in the knees you are still having to take the pain killers and would really like to cut down on them and today is the last day of the 5 day course of the Ibuprofen (which seem to be working, but not as  quickly as you would like).  Your hands are still so painful and you are wearing gloves (even indoors when you can) to keep them warm.

Better get a move on as there are a couple of things you want to do before getting out to the club and hope the day starts off well for you all.

DIAN: Another wet day there so you are glad you did start on tiding the back but plenty more to be done.  Pleased you also got another small wash out and dried.  Off now for a snack then get some more housework done.

I hope that Jean is all right and that Rita is having a good day.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:24 am
Hello Everyone - Page 19 R37jmp11  Good Morning Ladies.  I was up early about 6, because I am suppose to be getting that bed frame delivery between 7 in the morning and 7 in the evening, but just got a text from the driver to say he will be here at 8.15, so wll be ready for him.  

Not raining and hope it is going to stay dry, because today Susi wants to get a start on renewing the old sealant on the porch windows outside..  So far not heard anything from Rachel about the urgent scan, but do hope she is getting that early in this week.  

I enjoyed the club yesterday and we had a talk and some film parts on the Carry On films and the making of them, which was interesting and we learned how cheaply they were made and what low wages those actors received.  I won a tin of tuna in the raffle and our team came top in the quiz.  I had managed to get out to the centre before I went to the club, just for a bit of top up shopping and this time I managed to get my boots on with the sturdy heels, which I always walk better in, so not so much trouble with the knees, although still painful.

Jean I do hope you get some good news about your sister-in-law after she has her appointment with the heart man.

Dian, yes I did get a nice greeting at the club from the other members and they were surprsed to see how well I was walking.  Still an anxious wait to hear any news from Rachel about this urgent appointment.  See you got a wet day yesterday, so you were happy that you had started on the back garden the day before, but as you have said, still plenty more for you to do out there and yesterday you got on with the housework instead - and there are always things to do with that.

Bed frame has just been deliverd on time and taken upstairs for me - efficient delivery.

Barbara, we also got good sunshine arriving, but that soon disappeared during the early afternoon.  David did the shopping and then went upstairs to spend time with his model railway and you too got on with the things you needed to do.  Later worked together washing up, etc., and then watched some t v together before he went back to the trains and you went on line.

Hope all goes well with your Tuesday Ladies and I am going to put up the new shower curtain I bought the other day in Tesco -which is a white one that matches the brilliant new white sealant and I will be careful on the step ladder, which is a sturdy one and also includes some of the exerrcises of going up and down that are included in my physio programme - have already done the first lot today..
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:23 am
my foot is plying up today so m expecting rain. it  was cold at the centre yesterday and boring I feel asleep  today I am off to the other club
hopefully will be going to the Blitz  Cafe in Kettering on Thursdasy
hooe your hands get better Pauline
sister in law has no appointment as yet but has rung the hospital
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:25 am
Hello Everyone - Page 19 B8ebnt29
Pauline that was good you got some shopping done before you went to the Mon. club .Nice to have a nice welcome when you got there .Hope the weather  stayed dry for Susi to get on with the old sealant on the porch windows outside .
That was a nice welcome from the club members and well done winning a raffle...that was interesting about the Carry on Films
Hope Rachel gets information about her urgent scan soon.............great bed frame arrived on time

Jean do hope you are having a nice day with Peanut............sorry your club was boring yesterday  which made you fall asleep.......hope you get to the Blitz Cafe on Thursday

Barbara weather still cold.......David did the essential shop while you got on with your usual exercises .David went upstairs to his trains......After lunch you both did the washing up then David went back upstairs to his trains while you got on with your usual work.Later David came down and made you both another hot drink .you then got on with your usual work .

Well it has turned wet and cold again........son popped in with nice cakes and a Cornish pie for me so I am off now to enjoy them
Wishing you all a nice day

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum