Nifty Fifties Plus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Hello Everyone - Page 22 Empty Re: Hello Everyone

Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:32 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We've had a mixture of sunshine and cloud here today but the only rain we've had was when David was coming back home with the shopping early this morning.  It's still terribly windy and not at all warm.

David did the essential shopping early this morning.  I've done the full range of my exercises today and my back feels fine.  After lunch, David and I did the washing up together.  I watched some more TV and then I came in here and David has been watching a Western on the TV.  He's made us a nice hot drink each.  I've done some reading.  I've also done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.  I have tackled the cryptic crossword in the daily newspaper but have more to do on it and so shall attempt to do so later this afternoon.

DIAN: Well it is a really wet wet morning here so you are hoping it might ease up later and then get weeding the front path as pleased got the back one done and still more moss to get rid off.

Still heavy rain so really hoping for it to ease off.  Now need to go and get some housework done.........hope all are having a good day.

PAULINE: Hi Ladies.  Yesterday, despite everything having to be done at your slow pace, you did manage to get the shopping done and called into the bank before you got to the club.  AGM yesterday and this time there is no way you could have taken the Minutes and it wasn't that long a meeting, mainly spent on what money there was and what trips we would like to go on.  Then we had a quiz and after you got home you did manage to get the recycling bin out, after you had put the shopping away and caught up on emails, all with the help of pacing yourself with the taking of the tablets, but sleep not so easy last night.  Anyway had to take the first lot of tablets this morning at 6.30 amd you dont really want to take another lot until 1.30, but you are now feeling the fingers starting to throb and there are going to be a lot of mistakes for you to put right before you can post this.  Recycling bin was emptied about 11.30 and it was so windy out there, so wondering where your bin will have shifted to when it has calmed down enough to bring it back in.

Sorry comments are short today on what you have posted.

One bit of good news in an email yesterday was from Bon Marche (you lost your shop in the local centre, but still have one in Northampton) and it informed you that David Emanuel is back designing for them and you did used to like his trouser designs.  You do have enough black ones at the moment in good condition, but a brown pair you could do with, so there might be a reason for you to go into town.

Must away now Ladies and not punish your fingers any further and have about an hour's reading left to do of your current book, before it is tablet time and you might just be able to sort through some more paperwork jobs when fingers stop throbbing.  Hope the day goes well for all of you.

JEAN: Went to the club today, came home and put the heating back on as it is so cold.  Found your green bin had fallen over or maybe pushed over as you had a delivery.

Still all weak and horrible.

You did tea tea tasting at the club today.  It was all horrible.

I hope that Rita is having a good day.

Stay safe and well, everyone!

Lots of love from me to all!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:43 am
mamaged tgo get a  stomach yesterday awake most of night. hopefully can manage to the funeral dinner today for Don with the other 9
his famly did not do as he asked so we have no idea where the funeral and wake is
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:57 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 22 D9ypv049
Pauline do hope you are having a good day and do hope not in too much pain either .Really hoping good news from Rachel Will be such a worry for Stephen .Great that your family are doing so much for you too .

Jean do hope you are having a better day .Hope you do manage the dinner at  the funeral .and nice to be there

Barbara David did his essential shopping while you got on with your exercises..After dinner you both washed up.and David watched a western while you got on with computer work.That is good your back is not too painful now Later David made you both a nice hot drink.

Not long in from the Wednesday club .Quite a few of the ladies were off ill .Pleased I did win £!o .Well the rain has not stopped here all day so no garden work done.
Wishing you all a good day
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:38 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We've had some sunshine but mostly we've had rain today but it's not quite so windy today although it is very chilly.

David did the essential shopping early this morning.  I've done the full range of my exercises today and my back feels fine.  Later in the morning, David went to the terrain to play petanque but he didn't do very well this time.  Better luck next time!  Afterwards, he went to a local pharmacy to collect his prescription and he just got back home as the rain started and it's still raining now.  After lunch, David and I did the washing up together.  I watched some more TV and then I came in here and David has been watching a Western on the TV.  He's made us a nice hot drink each.  I've done some reading.  I've also done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.  I have tackled the cryptic crossword in the daily newspaper but have more to do on it and so shall attempt to do so later this afternoon.

JEAN: Managed tgo get a  stomach yesterday.  Awake most of night.  Hopefully can manage to the funeral dinner today for Don with the other 9.  His famly did not do as he asked so we have no idea where the funeral and wake is.

DIAN: Not long in from the Wednesday club.  Quite a few of the ladies were off ill.  Pleased I did win £!o.  Well the rain has not stopped here all day so no garden work done.  Wishing you all a good day.

I hope that Pauline is all right and that Rita is having a good day.

Pauline
Pauline
Admin
https://nifty-fifties.forumotion.com

Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:55 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 22 Kibx7l13 Hi Ladies,  More rain today so decided a cheerful gif was needed and yesterday when I went out to get the recycling bin in, the sun was shining as I walked carefully ad slowly down the back path, but having got hold of the emptied bin and was carefully shifting this, down came the sleet - unbelievable weather.  As it was so unreliable I did start sorting out indoors and continued on with my bedroom again, having decided that two chests of drawers needed putting in each others places and now much more convenient to use.  Of course, had to empty the drawers and take them out so it was lighter to shift both pieces of furniture and was satisfied with how it all looked when finished.  There are also a couple of boxes of sewing repairs that I keep in my bedroom to tackle when I am in the mood to do some sewing and decided that the contents would fit very well into one of the old drawers that came out of one of the old bed bases, so all fitted in there and covered up and shiftd easily under the new bed frame, so more floor space can be seen and one drawer I don't have to break up and a couple of cardboard boxes that can now be torn up and into the recycling.  I also keep the boxes of buttons in there and the spare small scraps of material for creating material flowers, so can easily get them out when I am in a creative mood and fingers can hopefully cope.

Having ordered the bath seat, that has arrived today and after posting this I will get that fitted together and look forward to using that this evening.  Well now on the 3rd day of the IBProfen tabs and cannot say that things have improved, because as soon as the tablets have worn off, the pain is as bad as ever, so will have to get in an appointment with my GP on physiotherapist's advice and before I see surgeon next Monday.

Jean, didn't like the sound of that tea tasting and don't think I would have enjoyed that either and honestly my heating hasn't been off yet.    Perhaps the upset stomach might have been caused by the tea tasting and hope you are over that now and can get to the dinner for the funeral of Don - was he a club member?  Also see that you don't even know where the funeral or wake is going to be.

Barbara, our weather today is back to what yours sounded like yesterday and see that David got caught in a rain shower on the way back from shopping.  I must admit the rain here has gone on longer than I expected  See you are back to carrying on with your full range of exercises and they have also gone well today.  David didn't do so well today at the terrrain as he usually does, so better luck next time for him.

Dian, see attendance was down at your club today, with a few ladies away ill.  Glad to read you managed to get one lot of winnings in, but definitely not a day for gardening.  Just hoping there will be some good results for Rachel.

Well Ladies, enjoy the rest of your afternoon and evening, even though it is such gloomy weather and I am off to get that bath seat fitted.  
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:44 am
Hello Everyone - Page 22 Sspotj11 Hi Ladies.  Just a quick look in this morning.  Phoned at 8 to the surgery and got through after the 5th attempt.  Only things availabe today was seeing the nurse, telephone consultation with doctor, or could see the paramedic (who can prescribe), so have chosen the paramedic at 2 this afternoon and see what they say.  Pain again really so bad this morning, so at least with the afternoon appointment I wlll be able to catch the 1 bus to the centre and then the 16 from there back to the surgery, because walking is going to be so bad today and reckon it will be back to the crutches for safety.

Unfortunately the bath seat is just slightly too wide so got to work out how to do an adjustment for that.

Not going to agitate the hands any longer by staying on keyboard for too long, so hope you all have a good day and will post again tomorrow
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:26 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 22 Eyffgs99
Pauline sorry that you are still in pain so do  hope you can get something to help with the pain .Good you have got more sorting out done .Pitty the board does not fit the bath so do hope you can adjust it to suit .Yes the weather is still not too good for this time of year. This was the time I always went to London when you could find good bargains in the markets.

Jean hope your having a good day
r it is dry so just might start the front path weeding
Barbara that is good that your back is doing so well .See your weather is not too good either .Not like David to not win .Great you are getting all your exercises and your usual work done
After lunch you both did the washing up .You got on with your usual work .David watched a western and made you both a nice hot drink.See your weather is still verry cold

Daughter took me to my Dentist and it is a new Dentist as the usual one has retired Their prices have all jumped .While it was usually £50 now £75........grrrrrr After the dentist daughter  took me to a nice shopping mall where we enjoyed a nice snack then 2 hours for shopping Nice change .So far just might start weeding front path
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:46 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We're having mostly sunshine here today, with just a few instances of rain, but it wasn't too heavy and the wind has died down now that Storm Kathleen seems to have gone away!  It's feeling quite mild at the moment too.

David did the essential shopping early this morning.  I've done the full range of my exercises.  After lunch, David and I did the washing up together.  I watched some more TV and then I came in here and David has been watching horse racing on the TV.  He's made us a nice hot drink each.  I've done some reading.  I've also done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.  I have tackled the cryptic crossword in the daily newspaper but have more to do on it and so shall attempt to do so later this afternoon.

PAULINE: More rain yesterday so decided a cheerful gif was needed and yesterday when you went out to get the recycling bin in, the sun was shining as you walked carefully and slowly down the back path, but having got hold of the emptied bin and was carefully shifting this, down came the sleet - unbelievable weather.  As it was so unreliable you did start sorting out indoors and continued on with your bedroom again, having decided that two chests of drawers needed putting in each others places and now much more convenient to use.  Of course, had to empty the drawers and take them out so it was lighter to shift both pieces of furniture and you were satisfied with how it all looked when finished.  There are also a couple of boxes of sewing repairs that you keep in your bedroom to tackle when you are in the mood to do some sewing and decided that the contents would fit very well into one of the old drawers that came out of one of the old bed bases, so all fitted in there and covered up and shifted easily under the new bed frame, so more floor space can be seen and one drawer you don't have to break up and a couple of cardboard boxes that can now be torn up and into the recycling.  You also keep the boxes of buttons in there and the spare small scraps of material for creating material flowers, so can easily get them out when you are in a creative mood and fingers can hopefully cope.

Having ordered the bath seat, that has arrived today and after posting this you will get that fitted together and look forward to using that this evening.  Well now on the 3rd day of the IBProfen tabs and cannot say that things have improved, because as soon as the tablets have worn off, the pain is as bad as ever, so will have to get in an appointment with my GP on physiotherapist's advice and before you see surgeon next Monday.

Well Ladies, enjoy the rest of your afternoon and evening, even though it is such gloomy weather and you are off to get that bath seat fitted.

Just a quick look in this morning.  Phoned at 8 to the surgery and got through after the 5th attempt.  Only things availabe today was seeing the nurse, telephone consultation with doctor, or could see the paramedic (who can prescribe), so have chosen the paramedic at 2 this afternoon and see what they say.  Pain again really so bad this morning, so at least with the afternoon appointment you wlll be able to catch the 1 bus to the centre and then the 16 from there back to the surgery, because walking is going to be so bad today and reckon it will be back to the crutches for safety.

I'm so sorry to hear that you're in such a lot of pain still, Pauline, and I hope the paramedic can help you with that.

Unfortunately the bath seat is just slightly too wide so got to work out how to do an adjustment for that.

Not going to agitate the hands any longer by staying on keyboard for too long, so hope you all have a good day and will post again tomorrow.

DIAN: Daughter took you to your Dentist and it is a new Dentist as the usual one has retired.  Their prices have all jumped.  While it was usually £50 now £75........grrrrrr After the dentist daughter took you to a nice shopping mall where you enjoyed a nice snack then 2 hours for shopping.  Nice change.  So far just might start weeding front path.

I hope that Jean is all right and that Rita is having a good day.

Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:16 am
Pauline hope yo0u got sorted yesterday my foot is giving me ell today somehow pulled it with cramp
iwill be away down Hatfield until next Thursday
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:02 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We're having gorgeous weather here today.  The sun hasn't stopped shining from early this morning and it's still doing it now!

David did the essential shopping early this morning.  I've done the full range of my exercises.  After lunch, David and I did the washing up together.  I watched some more TV and then I came in here and David has gone to the terrain to play in the club session.  I hope he does better today than he did on Wednesday.  I've done some reading.  I've also done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.  I have tackled the cryptic crossword in the daily newspaper but have more to do on it and so shall attempt to do so later this afternoon.

JEAN: Your foot is giving you ell today.  Somehow pulled it with cramp.  I'm sorry to hear that, Jean.  I hope your foot gets better soon.

Will be away down Hatfield until next Thursday.

I hope that Pauline and Dian are all right and that Rita is having a good day.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:41 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 22 7fw3im67

Pauline hope you have had a good day with no problems Comp is playing up again so a really  quick post and do hope it works

Jean enjoy your break

Barbara do hope you and David are also having a nice day

Not long in as out with daughter and my friend as usual .Pleased got front path weeded. Wishing you all a good day Now just hope this goes
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:23 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 22 Rufpky13   Hello Ladies.

Yesterday (with difficulty) got to the surgery.  First of all I caught the 1 bus to the centre, bought the birthday card for Kylian I needed for his 5th birthday and then to the surgery on the 16 bus.  Had the choice of phone call with doc, seeing nurse or seeing paramedic (who can prescibe), so chose paramedic and she saw how bad I was.    

Obviously the Ibuprofen do nothing for me and she asked if I had ever been offered Naproxen (which are stronger and on prescription only), so said I never had been and she wrote out the prescription for them and Susi is collecting them for me tomorrow morning.  They are stronger and apparently I am only to take 1 of them 3 times a day, together with the stomach lining tab.  Apparently Susi takes them and they are good for her, so fingers crossed (if I could) and just hope they work for me because I have been near to tears with the pain I have had.  So frustrating too, because originally I had got on so well and then ended up crippled again in pain and limited with only the small amount of things I could do.

Rachel knows what I want to spend for Kylian's birthday, so she is looking at the toys on Amazon for him and getting him something from me, her and Stephen (after consulting with Aimie) and as Rachel is back at work on Monday, she will run me over there one evening to give him his birthday cards and presents.  I would love to have them all here again as usual for a celebration,  but honestly just cannot face that at the moment the way I feel.  Still waiting for the results for her and of course, hoping for a good outcome and on coming Friday she wlll have the sample taken from her arm with regard to the skin cancer.

I am sorry Ladies that I cannot spend any further time on here, because the same as Dian, computer has decided to do what it wants to do and not what I need it to do - boxes popping up all over the place telling me to do this and that - all not needed.  I have just had to cope with a download from Windows and Firefox and my Desktop is all over the place, with nothing in order, so enjoy your evening Ladies, the time away for you Jean and wishing you a good weekend too Dian and Barbara.  If I don't post for a while you will know it is because my fingers are still not doing as they should and/or computer is playing up..
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:35 am
Hello Everyone - Page 22 4cnhg198
Pauline do hope your new pain killers work which I think they will .Nothing pulls you down when you are in so much pain You done well getting to the surgery on your own .Not nice when you are in so much pain. Good Susi will pick them up for you. That is also good Rachel will get a gift for you to give to Kylian

Jean hope you are having a good weekend with Peanut

Barbara do hope your weather has improved and hope David managed his essential shopping .I am sure you would have got on with your usual exercises too.Also hoping your back is still pain free .I am sure you will be having a nice day with David .

So far it is dry but quite a wind blowing which I think is keeping the rain away If it should clear up would like to do another bit of tiding the garden.
Enjoy your weekend all
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:57 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We're having lovely sunny weather here today and I just love it!  There's been no rain, the wind is just a gentle breeze once again and it's nice and warm too.

David did the essential shopping early this morning.  I've done the full range of my exercises.  After lunch, David and I did the washing up together.  I watched some more TV and then I came in here and David has gone to the terrain to play in the club session.  He's just come home and he won both games today, and so well done to him!  He's made us a nice hot drink each and now he's getting ready to watch the Grand National.  I've done some reading.  I've also done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.  I have tackled the cryptic crossword in the daily newspaper but have more to do on it and so shall attempt to do so later this afternoon.

DIAN: Yesterday you were not long in as out with daughter and your friend as usual.  Pleased got front path weeded.  Wishing you all a good day.  Now just hope this goes.

So far it is dry today but quite a wind blowing which you think is keeping the rain away.  If it should clear up would like to do another bit of tiding the garden.

PAULINE: Yesterday (with difficulty) got to the surgery.  First of all you caught the 1 bus to the centre, bought the birthday card for Kylian you needed for his 5th birthday and then to the surgery on the 16 bus.  Had the choice of phone call with doc, seeing nurse or seeing paramedic (who can prescibe), so chose paramedic and she saw how bad you were.    

Obviously the Ibuprofen do nothing for you and she asked if you had ever been offered Naproxen (which are stronger and on prescription only), so said you never had been and she wrote out the prescription for them and Susi is collecting them for you tomorrow morning.  They are stronger and apparently you are only to take 1 of them 3 times a day, together with the stomach lining tab.  Apparently Susi takes them and they are good for her, so fingers crossed (if you could) and just hope they work for you because you have been near to tears with the pain you have had.  So frustrating too, because originally you had got on so well and then ended up crippled again in pain and limited with only the small amount of things you could do.  PAULINE: I hope the Naproxen do the trick for you so that the pain soon goes.

Rachel knows what you want to spend for Kylian's birthday, so she is looking at the toys on Amazon for him and getting him something from you, her and Stephen (after consulting with Aimie) and as Rachel is back at work on Monday, she will run you over there one evening to give him his birthday cards and presents.  You would love to have them all here again as usual for a celebration,  but honestly just cannot face that at the moment the way you feel.  Still waiting for the results for her and of course, hoping for a good outcome and on coming Friday she wlll have the sample taken from her arm with regard to the skin cancer.

You are sorry Ladies that you cannot spend any further time on here, because the same as Dian, computer has decided to do what it wants to do and not what you need it to do - boxes popping up all over the place telling you to do this and that - all not needed.  You have just had to cope with a download from Windows and Firefox and your Desktop is all over the place, with nothing in order, so enjoy your evening Ladies, the time away for you Jean and wishing you a good weekend too Dian and Barbara.  If you don't post for a while you will know it is because your fingers are still not doing as they should and/or computer is playing up.

I hope that Jean is all right and that Rita is having a good day.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:06 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 22 Cat_gl11  Hi Ladies.  Got the name of those tablets wrong - the ones I now have to take are Nefopam and Susi got them for me today and I took 2 to start with and they certainly made me feel sleepy (as instructed on the box), but it was so good to lose that pain.  Have just got to the stage where I have to take the next 1, so writing on here quckly before I fall asleep over the keyboard and will try and catch up with you all tomorrow. Hope you all have a restful evening.
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:07 am
Hello Everyone - Page 22 Krynjy11    Hi Everyone.  Sun, but with cloud this morning.

Taking the time to read your posts this morning and honestly talking of time, I took that new tablet at just before 6 this morning and it has taken me until just before 8 to not feel lightheaded - they are certainly strong, so no good me expecting to get on with things quickly after taking them.  Anyway they certainly do the trick with regard to the pain.  Hopefuly with these I can get back to doing all of the physio exercises, that I just couldn't continue with and mobility will then get better again.

Dian, you talking about the London markets this time of the year, on Tuesday I am supposed to be going on a coach trip to Melton Mowbray for market day, so hope my walking is better and can go.  When your daughter took you to the new dentist you found new prices too, but at least enjoyed a different shopping mall after that for a couple of hours and you enjoyed a snack there.  See you also enjoyed the Friday trip out and managd to get that front path weeded on Friday and wanted to do some more tidyng out there on Saturday (which was a bit of a windy day).  Yes those tablets are certainly working, but would love to be able to concentrate on getting the physio exercises completed everyday (which I couldn't do lately because of the pain) and then not need the tablets any longer, which would be marvellous.  My computer is still playing up and I have just changed back to the unwired mouse, which seems to be working now, because using the wired ones, boxes were opening up all over the screen, so fingers crossed it is okay now.

Jean, hope that you are enjoying your stay in Hatfield and your foot has calmed down.

Barbara, thank you for your good wishes about me getting rid of the pain.  Well the tablets certainly do work, but are very strong, so have to make sure I time everything well to get the space in between then working and then doing the exercises.  Thankfully I can get back to the physio and just hope all improves, so I can get off of the tablets when that excess fluid leaves my body.  You can see from what I put before, the Naproxen I though the paramedic mentioned, weren't the tablets I got, but apparently they are the ones she sent the prescription through for and they certainly are strong (Nefopan Hydrchloride 30mg) and I must push on with the physio now and hope I can cut down the use of them.  See you were getting lovely weather on Friday and Saturday and David went to the club and won both games and then home where both of you watched the Grand National.  Yes I watched that too and the horse I wanted to win did, but he was the favourite.

Well have managed to type with fingers behaving better and the wired mouse working correctly and hope you all have an enjoyable Sunday.  Tomorrow it might be later in the day when I post, because Susi is taking me to the appointment with the surgeon, so see what he says about the setback (although the op on the hip went so well).  
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:08 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 22 63708430

Pauline that is good your new tablets are helping the pain which will make a big difference .Still got to be carefull and not do too much .I do hope you manage to get to the Market and have a nice day .Hope all is fine with Rachel.

Jean hope you are having a good day with Peanut

Barbara good you and David enjoyed the nice weather Well done David on winning his games. Do hope the nice weather continues for you

I had changed the bed and had put on a wash and do not know how there was too much foam so had to put wash through again with no powder grrrr .Now off to hang it out and hope it stays dry........have a good day all
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:32 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We've had lovely sunshine all day today and it's just marvellous, especially after all the rain we've been having lately!  There's a nice gentle breeze and it's nice and warm again, with no sign of any rain.

David did the essential shopping early this morning.  I've done the full range of my exercises.  David then went to play pétanque but he only won one game today.  After lunch, David and I did the washing up together.  I watched some more TV and then I came in here and David is now watching the women's football on the TV.  He's made us a nice hot drink each.  I've done some reading.  I've also done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.  I have tackled the cryptic crossword in the daily newspaper but have more to do on it and so shall attempt to do so later this afternoon.

PAULINE: You posted yesterday and you got the name of those tablets wrong - the ones you now have to take are Nefopam and Susi got them for you yesterday and you took 2 to start with and they certainly made you feel sleepy (as instructed on the box), but it was so good to lose that pain.  Have just got to the stage where you have to take the next 1, so writing on here quckly before you fall asleep over the keyboard and will try and catch up with you all the next day.

You have sun, but with cloud this morning.

Taking the time to read your posts this morning and honestly talking of time, you took that new tablet at just before 6 this morning and it has taken you until just before 8 to not feel lightheaded - they are certainly strong, so no good you expecting to get on with things quickly after taking them.  Anyway they certainly do the trick with regard to the pain.  Hopefuly with these you can get back to doing all of the physio exercises, that you just couldn't continue with and mobility will then get better again.

I see that you too watched the Grand National.  The horse you wanted to win, did, but he was the favourite.

Well you have managed to type with fingers behaving better and the wired mouse working correctly and you hope we all have an enjoyable Sunday.  Tomorrow it might be later in the day when you post, because Susi is taking me to the appointment with the surgeon, so see what he says about the setback (although the op on the hip went so well).

DIAN: You had changed the bed and had put on a wash and do not know how there was too much foam so had to put wash through again with no powder grrrr.  Now off to hang it out and hope it stays dry.

I hope that Jean is enjoying her stay in Hatfield and that Rita is having a good day.

Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:24 am
Hello Everyone - Page 22 Bells_45
Another wet morning so glad got the washing dried yesterday as there was a good wind blowing

Pauline hope you have had a good night sleep with your new pain killers .Hope you do manage your day out tomorrow but it just might be too much just yet .Hope not .Wonder how Rachel is doing so hope good news for her.

Jean hope you had a good day out

Barbara lucky you with such nice weather. David did his essential shop while you got on with your usual exercises David went to the terrain and won 1 game
After lunch you both washed up .Then you watched some TV while David watched woman,s football on TV then made you both a nice hot drink .
Hope you still have the nice weather today

Now off to get on with some housework .Have a good day all
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:45 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We had lovely sunshine first thing this morning but then later on in the morning, the heavy rain arrived along with the gusty winds and it felt quite chilly.

David did the essential shopping early this morning.  I've done the full range of my exercises.  We then watched some TV. After lunch, David and I did the washing up together.  I watched some more TV and David went to the terrain to practise his shooting.  Then I came in here and David is now watching a Western on the TV.  He's made us a nice hot drink each.  I've done some reading.  I've also done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.  I have tackled the cryptic crossword in the daily newspaper but have more to do on it and so shall attempt to do so later this afternoon. I've also texted my chiropodist, asking him to ring me when it's convenient for him, so that we can arrange my next appointment with him.  I also had a phone call from Orange Badge, saying that they've managed to source a spare part for the drainage part of our shower and one of their engineers will bring it here on Wednesday morning and fit it for us.  This is very good news!

DIAN: Another wet morning so glad got the washing dried yesterday as there was a good wind blowing.

Now off to get on with some housework.

PAULINE:  I believe you said it would be later today when you posted, as Susie will be taking you to your appointment with the surgeon first.

JEAN: I hope you're still having a nice time in Hatfield.

I also hope that Rita its having a nice day.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:02 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 22 2dwvqg14  H i Ladies.  Been quite a long day and interesting.  I really have got to get used to the timing of these tablets and when they allow me the better use of my fingers without pain and it is a bit difficult at the moment, so will tell you more tomorrow, but can say that was a very interesting meeting with the consultant this morning and he is going to be writing to my GP and tactfully suggesting it would be wise to run some more tests on me with regard to this arthritis flare up.  I will get a copy of the letter and as soon as I do then I should phone the doctor and chase for these.

Be back tomorrow and wishing you all a restful evening.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:45 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 22 6ujrhj41

Pauline well that will be interesting to see what happens with your Doctor when he gets the letter .Do hope it helps .Yes nothing worse when you are in pain.Makes you feel so miserable

Jean do hope your having a nice day with Peanut

Barbara I am sure you and David will be having a good day .Sorry you have lost the sunshine Yesterday David got on with his usual chores while you got on with your exercises ect. David visited the terrain then came home .He watched a western on TV. and made you both a nice hot drink. You also got in touch with the chiropodist too. Good to be getting  the part for your shower too.

It was a wet morning but has now dried up some because of the wind which is very strong. Think it will be too cold to work in the garden
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:24 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 22 16135210  Hi Ladies.  Trying to catch up with all paperwork and emails at the moment, as they seem to be piling in quickly, but think I have it all sorted now and also booked for the covid jab next Monday, just before I go to the club.

Cannot say that these new tablets make me feel full of get up and go, but they seem to be doing the trick as far as the pain is concerned. but for a couple of hours leave me feeling a bit out of sorts.  When I saw the consultant yesterday he was concerned about this set back and as he said, he can't tell my GP to do something, only advise that I should be having extra tests done and he has booked an appointment for me to see him again in Jan on NHS, as by then GP should have taken action and results should be back re the knees in particular. What I have to do is when I receive a copy of the letter he is writing to my GP, then I must phone the surgery and get an appointment for action on this.  He saw the tablets I have been given and I did say that I was taking the lower dose, because he said they are good, very strong, but can cause hallucinations - so I certainly am keeping to the lower dose.

After that appointment Susi took me to the club and I told them briefly that I wouldn't stay there yesterday and also I cancelled out the trip for me to Melton Mowbray and one of the ladies there had been asking if there was a seat for a friend, so told her to take mine so she was happy about that. and then Susi brought me home and I did get in one lot of exercises and then finished the book I was on and have started another one now.

Dian, you can see from above that I didn't go on the trip today - there would have been far too much walking for me and I was glad that someone else could enjoy it.   Also I wouldn't have enjoyed that trip in the video you sent - no way. What a nuisance about the amount of foam in the washing and having to put that all through a second time and hope you got that dry on Sunday.  Still no news for Rachel yet, but even on fast track it might be another 2 weeks before the results, but the surgeon did say to Rachel that she was confident she had got everything she needed from the hysterctomy.  I see from your post on Monday that you did get the washing dry and was happy about that because it was a wet Monday, so more housework planned.  True what you have said, the pain does make you feel really down, but what is worse is lacking the mobility due to the pain and not being able to keep busy to keep your mind off of it, so at least with these tablets I can get a bit more work done around the house.  See you have another wet morning there and it is going to be cold if you tackle any further garden work - so keep warm.

Barbara, sunny weather for you on Sunday and you got through your full range of exercises and David went to the terrain, but only won one game and then later he watched the womens'football.  See you did a lot of your other things including reading and I have just started another book - the way I am at the moment I am certainly getting through my bookcase at a pace and I have gaps appeaing now. See you have texted your chiropodist about making the next appointment and heard from the Orange Badge people about the part for your shower that is needed and they will be there tomorrow to sort that.  As you can see from above, the visit with my consultant was really productive ad I am very happy with the action he has planned.

Think I have caught up again and now off to do the exercises, while pain free and hope you all enjoy the rest of the day and Jean is enjoying her trip to Hatfield.

BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:33 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

Well, we started with some sunshine today but unfortunately it didn't last!  We've had lots of heavy rain and even some thunder and lightning this afternoon.

David did the essential shopping early this morning.  I've done the full range of my exercises.  We then watched some TV. Chris (chiropodist) came late morning and did my feet.  They now feel marvellous!  After lunch, David and I did the washing up together.  I watched some more TV and David went to the terrain to practise his shooting.  Then I came in here and David is now watching some TV.  He's made us a nice hot drink each.  I've done some reading.  I've also done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.  I have tackled the cryptic crossword in the daily newspaper but have more to do on it and so shall attempt to do so later this afternoon. Tomorrow, an engineer from Orange Badge is coming here to deliver and fit a part to the drainage element of our shower.

PAULINE: Yesterday was quite a long day for you and interesting.  You really have got to get used to the timing of these tablets and when they allow you the better use of your fingers without pain and it is a bit difficult at the moment, so will tell you more the next day, but can say that was a very interesting meeting with the consultant yesterday morning and he is going to be writing to your GP and tactfully suggesting it would be wise to run some more tests on you with regard to this arthritis flare up.  You will get a copy of the letter and as soon as you do then you should phone the doctor and chase for these.

Be back tomorrow and wishing you all a restful evening.

Today trying to catch up with all paperwork and emails at the moment, as they seem to be piling in quickly, but think you have it all sorted now and also booked for the covid jab next Monday, just before you go to the club.

Cannot say that these new tablets make you feel full of get up and go, but they seem to be doing the trick as far as the pain is concerned. but for a couple of hours leave you feeling a bit out of sorts.  When you saw the consultant yesterday he was concerned about this set back and as he said, he can't tell your GP to do something, only advise that you should be having extra tests done and he has booked an appointment for you to see him again in Jan on NHS, as by then GP should have taken action and results should be back re the knees in particular. What you have to do is when you receive a copy of the letter he is writing to your GP, then you must phone the surgery and get an appointment for action on this.  He saw the tablets you have been given and you did say that you were taking the lower dose, because he said they are good, very strong, but can cause hallucinations - so you certainly are keeping to the lower dose.

PAULINE: I'm so glad that you found the visit with your consultant was really productive and you are very happy with the action he has planned.

Think you have caught up again and now off to do the exercises, while pain free and hope you all enjoy the rest of the day.

DIAN: It was a wet morning but has now dried up some because of the wind which is very strong.  Think it will be too cold to work in the garden.

I hope that Jean is enjoying her trip to Hatfield and that Rita is having a good day.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:14 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 22 4zehvr10  Hi Ladies.  Put a fantasy garden gif on today, because getting so fed up with not being able to do anything in mine - colours out there are so lovely, but it is going wild.

Barbara, glad you are feeling so much better now your feet have had attention and you are getting the shower repaired tomorrow.  Hope the weather is better today for you than it was yesterday.

Dian expect you are enjoying your club this morning and Jean I think is returning today from Hatfield and hope she has enjoyed her stay.

Cannot type anything more, because of useless fingers, so wishnig you all a happy day.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum