Nifty Fifties Plus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down

Hello Everyone - Page 2 Empty Saturday Greetings

Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:25 pm
[size=18]Good afternoon. Sorry I have been AWOL but I found I had been logged out and couldn’t log back in. As I have been babysitting my great-grandchildren I have had to wait until the weekend to sort it out. The only way I have been able to get back in was by changing my password. I hope this is not going to keep happening as I hate having to keep inventing new passwords.. It is a horrible day here, typical weekend weather, wet and windy so won’t be going out at all. Hope we all can get our heads round this new group, it is taking a bit of fathoming out, but I am getting there slowly. lol![/size]
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Hello Everyone - Page 2 Empty Re: Hello Everyone

Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:31 pm
am going to see if I can sort this out tomorrow. it went somewhere.....am tired after yesterday.
there is something called a watched topic and there was a message from Joy.cannot find it now.
glad you are better Joan]
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:46 pm
somehow managed to get a photo on here but it was huge and the brain is not working so will try again tomorrowl
have to ring Aunt and see how things are
Pauline
Pauline
Admin
https://nifty-fifties.forumotion.com

Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:03 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 2 Ely1y210Good Evening Ladies.

Like Joy says, what a horrible day and the winds were so strong here.  After those items were delivered to me I did manage to get out and get some shopping done at Tescos.

I hope that doesn't happen again Joy with regard to the password and glad to see you back again.  Expect you have enjoyed having the children there. 

Jean keep trying with the pictures and you will get there.

I will try and send those emails out tomorrow with the instructions on how to post and I have put them on here under the heading of "How To".

Dian has got on here because she is now in the members' list and she sent me a message, so gradually we are getting it together ladies.

Must away to bed now as I didn't get much sleep last night - hope you all have a peaceful one.
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:17 am
Hello Everyone - Page 2 3tuixv10Hi Everyone.  It is still so windy out there this morning, so catching up with indoor jobs at the moment and I will try and get that email out to all of you today about how to get in here and how to post.  Some of you know how to get in, but it will be a standard email for everyone, so ignore the bits you don't need.  

I was very pleased with how the sale went on Friday and will be handing the money over to Karen tomorrow, who goes to our Monday club and belongs to the charity PAT (Pets as Therapy), where they take their dogs into Care Homes, Hospices, Special Needs Schools, etc.  I really have got a lot of catching up to do with regard to my house and garden, so will be cutting out some of the club visits over the next 2 weeks, to get things sorted here.  Got a bbq planned for the Bank Holiday Monday and want to do a lot of tidying and shifting around in the garden before that takes place.

Enjoy your Sunday everyone.
Jojo53
Jojo53

Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:58 am
[uHello Everyone - Page 2 17112810 so far so good I am going to post now fingers crossed
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:49 pm
I have seen all your pets Joy at last. I have enough with one although I use to have two dogs, rabbits and a cat when the boys were younger.
David is worse today he goes to see the doctor about an injection tomorrow, will not let me go with him can just about drive
the car. says I will say a few words and he is right. maybe he will have to take the morphine.
well done with the sale Pauline
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:58 pm
I did do a reply about your Pets Joy but it seems to have gone in outer space. we use to have two dogs, cat and rabbits, plus gerbils when the boys were young
now we only have one, who is on his last legs like us.
David seems to be worse today
maybe I will find introducing ourselves and can fill that in. at the moment my profile photo is far too big. maybe worried about dog and David
doing my head in
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:51 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 2 Oie_gl11

That is what I need after the day I have had - a nice tidy warm Hobbit's house to hide away.  My home looks like a workshop/warehouse at the moment after deliveries of items yesterday and today and I have had so much work to do on the computer, that I haven't had a chance to sort it.  Let's not talk about the garden with the torrential downpours and high wind, but at least now the rain has stopped and the wind has dropped.  

Gennie had wanted to go out with Maria and myself for a Sunday lunch so I phoned her this afternoon to suggest next Sunday, only to get Heather (her daughter) answer me and tell me that Gennie was back in hospital - taken in there with the same severe pain in the back that she had suffered for so many months and hospital stays last year.  After she seemed to be getting on so well and being able to get out with all of us last week and looking forward to be able to do more of that, now back where she was last year.  She must be so upset and Maria and I won't be able to get down and see her until next Friday, but Heather is giving her our love this evening when she visits again.

Just ploughed on with work after getting that news and have done all of the emails about the posting instructions and getting into here.  I know that some of you won't need all of this, but still hoping to get Janet and Linda in here and also to persuade Rita not to leave.

After this got to work out the finances, because I have been winning Ebay auctions again and had to order printing inks off of Ebay and that money has to come out of the Petty cash we keep for these type of things for the sales and got to update the cash book and show where all money has been paid out.  I also need to check my own bank statements too and make sure my finances are in order.  So looking forward to such an entertaining evening.  Crying or Very sad

Hope everything goes okay for David tomorrow Jean and see you managed to get a gif on here Joan - well done with that and hope you can add a post next time.

Hope you all have a pleasant evening and sleep well.
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:37 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 2 42223210

Yesterday after sending all of the emails I did run out of steam, but had intended to remember the fact that it would have been Pat's birthday yesterday.  We certainly do miss her posts that she used to keep us entertained with.

Have had an email from Linda (Pat's sister) to say she is having trouble getting in here, so have sent out a direct email from this site again and hope it arrives, otherwise I have told her to try and join Forumotion first and then work her way to here.

Been to the Monday club today and have said that what with a lot of hospital visits looming, then I won't be attending the clubs so many times over the next couple of weeks and just hope that Gennie will soon be recovering again and back home.  Karen was so pleased with the amount of money raised at the sale on Friday - she is one of the ladies who belongs to P A T (Pets as Therapy) and one of her dogs is used for that.  Another member Stella, brought along a lovely childrens' school house complete with all little figures and furniture for one of our future sales and Maria and I today thought the next one would be for Macmillan, as September is the month they raise a lot of their funds and I am hoping the inks for the printer will arrive soon and I can get cracking on designing and printing the posters.

I hope all of you had a pleasant day for the start of the week and a relaxing evening to come.  I have to complete one auction on Ebay and then want to get on with a tidy up around here.
Jojo53
Jojo53

Hello Everyone - Page 2 Empty Hello

Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:39 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 2 Dog_wi10 ">Hello Pauline and anyone else looking in I am sure I posted a Gif last night but can't find it now but following Paulines E.mail on how to do I will try again. Well got something right I just hope it posts.
Jojo53
Jojo53

Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:44 pm
Pauline I have just read you post , often think of Pat and her lovely chatty posts Hope Linda gets to join us I have sent you an e.mail about Janet.Take care Joan
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:00 pm
[b]Hello all,....Pauline enjoy your break.......Jean so sorry to hear about Monty......so sad but he has had such a good time with you.......jojo bet your having a great time.......I ventured into town today but feeling so tired but it is a start.Hope this works out
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:50 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 2 Oie_tw10

Having said in the email reply to you Joan, that I wouldn't be out of bed long, well that is true as nearly falling asleep over the keyboard here.  There was a gif from you on the previous page of a white dog - is that the one you thought had disappeared?  Just tap on Page 1 and you will see it.  Anyway, well done on getting to grips with posting on here.  Yes we certainly do miss Pat and her chatty posts.

Dian, sorry to read that you still aren't too good and not got your energy back yet.  It seems to be taking me much longer to get through things at the moment and reckon this weather is getting us all down.  I said in the email replying to Joan just now, that I was feeling so cold sitting here at the keyboard and want to get to bed to warm up.  I did enjoy the break the other weekend, but now need another one.

Anyway, goodnight ladies and hope you all manage to get some peaceful sleep.
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:48 am
well have read the instructions but still am not getting it all.
David had his jabs yesterday and his knee is playing up at the moment.
woke up on Monday shivering and am not too good today.
when I get a moment will see what I am doing wrong.
Pauline so sorry to hear about Gennie and am glad we saw her . give her my best.
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:57 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 2 003_fi10

Good afternoon all.

Jean, not to worry about getting it right, because I know it will all fall into place for everyone sooner or later and at least you have got on here and are posting.  Sorry to know that you still aren't feeling too good and hope those jabs soon have some effect for David.  How is Monty at the moment?  Yes, it is such a shock to get that news about Gennie after her progressing so well and getting out with us the other week.  I am planning to see her on Friday with Maria and will give her your love.  I have tried to phone her this morning, but had to leave a message for her as she didn't answer.

I have been stuck indoors today waiting for a postal redelivery (which has now just arrived) and got on with a bit more crafting to get things out of the way and store them in the lock up, because getting a bit crowded out with items, including the toy school house I received yesterday and another lady has just got in touch and wants to give some more toys to me. Did two lampshades and have put photos of them on the crafting section and want to complete one more item and then get on with the clear up around here.  I have also just popped out to the garden and collected some more seeds (while it was dry).

Here are a couple of photos of Kylian and apparently he has just learned to roll over:-

Hello Everyone - Page 2 62160310

And the latest of Hunter:-

Hello Everyone - Page 2 60873110

Looking forward to seeing them both on B H Monday.

Hope you all enjoy your day.
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:13 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 2 Congra10

Well done to all of you and I have just confirmed to Janet that she is now listed as a member and she has posted on the craft section.  Just hoping that Linda gets here and we can persuade Rita to stay with us.  I am back to the crafting now, so I can shift a few more things out of my way.  Enjoy your afternoon Ladies.
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:33 am
Hello Everyone - Page 2 Rm0xij10

Aiming today to get more crafting finished and then what is left get back into the craft room and get that tidy.

Have a good day all of you.
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:30 am
found out yesterday that the phone is ringing but not here, just what I needed what with the funeral etc. still do not know when that is.
so how do I get onto the other topics Pauline.
the engineer has phoned to say he is on his way
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:09 pm
Hi Jean,  Do hope you get that phone sorted, because you certainly do need it at this time, with a funeral going to take place.  To get to the list of the headings, just scroll up to the top of the page and under the words "Hello Everyone" click on "Your First Forum" and the list will appear.  Will email you about this too.
Jojo53
Jojo53

Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:28 pm
]Hello all just been reading back, sorry to hear about Gennie hope shes not in too much pain,
Jean you are having trouble with David!! Men they will not do as they are told, hope Monty is feeling better as well,
Joy hope the Great Grandchildren minding went well and you are not worn out.
Dian are you feeling any better this virus of mine is still hanging on.
Janet I will have a look at your post well done getting in here.
We are covering our dining room chair cushions done four so far and I am going into see Glenda shes dropped her phone down the toilet and its not insured!!
Take care all xx[]
Hello Everyone - Page 2 63681911
Jojo53
Jojo53

Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:37 pm
Pauline I have tried to find Janet but can't find Crafts have you replied to her? ] Forgot to say lovely Photos Hunters hair is Wow so long but beautiful
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:27 pm
Hi Jojo, yes I did reply to her and sent her an email to let her know she was definitely on here and down as a member and she did reply.  If you scroll to the top and look under the words "Hello Everyone" then click on "Your first forum" all the list of different posts will come up and I think she posted on the craft section.

See you are busy recovering your dining room chair cushions and getting on well - would be nice if you could get a photo of them on here (under the craft section  Laughing) .  I just spoke to Gennie and she was sounding cheerful and looking forward to seeing us on Friday.  At the moment there are two consultants coming up with different ideas as to what is wrong and she has had two scans, so might find out more on Friday.  Yes, Hunter's hair is long and expect Aimie will let it grow again and then get it trimmed ready for the start of playschool again.

I hope you do start to improve before long and now you have Glenda to sort out again - not even going to ask how she managed that one  Rolling Eyes  .
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:50 pm
just found this so really must try and get the hang of it
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:37 pm
I emailed you just now Dian to explain how to find the list of threads, but see you found this one and I have answered your other post on the "Dian here" section, but it doesn't matter where anyone posts at the moment, so long as you all get on here.

I am off to bed now as I had an early start this morning and hope everyone has a peaceful night.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum