Nifty Fifties Plus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Pauline
Pauline
Admin
https://nifty-fifties.forumotion.com

Hello Everyone - Page 3 Empty Re: Hello Everyone

Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:55 am
Hello Everyone - Page 3 0f9bf810

Up early this morning and I hope those printing inks arrive, as I want to get a lot of printing done and out of the way.

I got cracking yesterday with a few repair jobs around the house, including tightening the hinges of one of the doors over a corner carousel in the kitchen, which has been loosening for ages and glad I got that sorted.  There is another cupboard door in the craft room that needs attending to, so will try and get that done today and can then get the storage boxes of spare material back in there and finish getting  everything back in the craft room that has been used to create things, plus those things I still have to work on.  I have got a large box/seat and a couple of small tables that need working on (sanding down) and need to be tackled outside, but weather has really been against me doing that, so they are still taking up room in there and I hope the weather improves soon so I can get them sorted and up to the lockup.

I know I missed the club yesterday, but was quite enjoying working around the house and even did a slight alteration of the lounge furniture and created a bit more room in there and it looks like another day like that as weather forecast isn't good, although we do have the sun out here at the moment, but it is so cold - not at all like August should be.

Enjoy your day, whatever the weather.
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:57 am
I have just noticed we have now arrived on page 3 of this thread, so gradually our site is taking shape.  Don't forget you can click on 1 and 2 pages to see previous posts, just like it was in Groupbox, or you can open them in another tab to make it easier for you if you are referring to a former post and typing yourself on the current page.
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:39 pm
Just got the good news that Beth (my step granddaughter) has got her place at Warwick University to study Education Studies.  She has worked so hard and deserves this and Warwick was the choice she wanted as she will only have to travel to Coventry and can live at home in Rugby.
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:22 pm
my lovely dog was put to sleep yesterday. I am beyond words
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:44 pm
Hello everyone,trusting all are fine........ Still trying to find my way around.not helping that I am still not feeling too good......grrrr
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:45 pm
Pauline great news for your granddaughter
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:06 pm
.Hello Everyone - Page 3 63683111
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:10 pm
]wow not sure how I got that on.....well its a start .
Jojo53
Jojo53

Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:38 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 3 Garden10
Jean I am so sorry to hear your sad news and our thoughts are with you, Monty had a lovely home was quite a character, and made us smile, it is an awful time when we lose a pet but time heals and you will always remember him and smile.
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:28 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 3 0005110

I have emailed you again this evening Jean and know how sad that you and David must be feeling, having to make that sad decision about Monty.  So sad when we have to part with our pets and that happening just after you have lost your uncle.  I do hope that phone of yours is working now and you are getting the news from Norfolk.

Well done Dian, you are getting there with posting and I see that you and Jean were posting at the same time, so don't suppose Jean's post was showing up when you were doing yours and you managed to get a picture on too.  Yes that was good news about Beth and getting to the University she wanted.  She starts there on October 1st.  See you still aren't feeling that good and it is certainly taking a time for you to feel better.

Joan, thanks for emailing me about the posts and see you got a pretty gif on here too.  We certainly do miss our pets when we have to part with them and have fond memories of all of mine.

Washing machine has just stopped, so going to put that lot on the airer indoors (don't think they will go outside tomorrow to dry either,  because forecast is for rain).  Although it started off so cold this morning when the sun came out it was a nice day.

Goodnight ladies, I am off to bed.  Sleep well all of you. xx
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:09 am
Hello Everyone - Page 3 Bxal6y10

Thought I would put a bright gif on here to cheer up a very grey morning.

Today going to meet Maria at the shopping centre as we both have items to store in the lockup and then she is off to help her friend Trevor in his restaurant and I have shopping to do.  Home with the shopping and put that away and then I am off to town to meet Maria at Trevor's and then we are going to visit Gennie.

Yesterday I did clear all of the items I had used for crafting from downstairs and I am still trying to find the right size screw or bolt to fit one of the cupboard door hinges in the craft room and think I am going to have to search through my understairs cupboard, possibly for a new hinge.  Once that is repaired I can start putting some of that material back which I have sorted into storage crates and get that craft room sorted out.  This week it has been a case of sorting small DIY jobs that have been hanging around - one good thing is that keeping busy I have been sticking to the diet and have lost a couple of lbs.

Hope the day goes well for all of you and thoughts with you Jean.
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:08 pm
thanking everyone re their kind thoughts about Monty. having had many dogs he is getting at me far worse than it should be.
not helped by my uncles passing. no news about the funeral yet.
shall try and get a photo on here when the brain returns
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Hello Everyone - Page 3 Empty Hope all are fine ......tired as have been out all day xx

Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:15 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 3 Checki10
Jojo53
Jojo53

Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:37 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 3 Bth_po10

Good evening all we have been waiting for the rain all day and it arrived just after we finished gardening so good timing.
Claire home from her short holiday so nice to have her hand the children home.
Jean pleased to see you managed a post sorry I did not know about your Uncle must have been while I was away,sad time for you just now.
Dian see you did a quick post sounds like you have had a busy day.
Hi to Janet and Joy. Take care all
xx
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:05 am
Hello Everyone - Page 3 9qcopi10

The rain started this morning on and off and has been so heavy here all afternoon and right the way through this evening and it was cold last evening and cold again this evening.  After this I am off for a hot bath and bed to warm up.

Got everything accomplished this morning and then took off to town to meet Maria again and then to the hospital to see Gennie and Heather her daughter was there too.  She had an xray this morning and was getting another scan done at 5.30, so just hope they decide what is wrong, what treatment to give and get her home quickly - let's hope she isn't in there for months at a time like last year.

When I got home, the printing inks had been delivered so set about getting all the printing of bills and statements done, that have been waiting and also designed and printed off the posters for the next sale so they are all out of the way.

Jean I have answered your emails this evening.  Not to worry about getting pictures on here while you have to deal with the double sad situation about your Uncle and Monty.  Hope you hear more this weekend about the plans in Norfolk for the funeral.

Dian I see you have got your avator on now and hope you feel better today and see it has been a busy one for you.

Joan opposite way around here, we have been waiting for it to dry up most of the day, but good to read you managed to get some gardening done.  I see Claire and the children are back from their short holiday and hope they managed to get some good weather while they were away.  

Hi to Joy if you look in and still hoping that Linda can work out how to get in here.

That's me done for today and off for that bath as it is now midnight.  Sleep well everyone.

Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:36 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 3 Uqtqo910

Some of you will recognise that flower from our old Groupbox logo, so got creative and got it on here.

At last I have repaired that hinge on the cupboard door in the craft room and now sorting through the crates of material and turning out the items that I don't want and I will be selling a lot of remnants at our next sale.  As each box is sorted it is now going back in the cupboard in a far more tidy way than it had been. I used to love going through the remnants in stores in Oxford Street, like Bourne and Hollingworth and when we had the shop in Tooting we had the large Smith Bros department store and their material sales were great.  There are also heaps of trimmings and I know I won't be using all of them, so will get them bagged up to sell.

I looked at the weather first thing and thought there was a possibility of it being a fine day, but no, rain on and off again, so tackling the indoor work and getting on very well.

Hope you are all enjoying your day.
Jojo53
Jojo53

Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:03 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 3 Downlo10
Hello all been a warm sunny day here, we have had William for most of the day,Vince took him footballing this morning and I have been to see Toy Story 4 with him this afternoon, as Vince went golfing and Claire had a girlie day out with Mia she had birthday money to spend and went to Meadowhall which is a large shopping center nr Sheffield.
I have played a bit of cricket this afternoon as well but as I didn't have a good night last night I am now falling asleep at the computer, I would like an early night but then my leg starts playing up so not a good idea.
Pauline I see your weather not that good, but you have got a lot of jobs finished, hope they can find out Gennies problem quickly as well. I like the Gif  nice memories.
Hi to Dian, Jean. Joy and Janet hope Rita will look in as well.
                    Take Care all xx
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:14 pm
I had trouble getting in today......grrrrr.....probably me......Jojo sorry your leg still so painful .....sorry i did not get to post yesterday but had a day out with Wed club....It was a good day but tiring as not home till 9pm. still very tired today..... Pauline well done with the gif and see you are busy as ever Hope Jean and all are fine. Still struggling with this site as some days its fine and other days plays up (probably me)
Jojo53
Jojo53

Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:57 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 3 Th_aft10
Hi Dian nice to see you having a go I have got the hang of posting a gif but it's when I want to put this bit on it gets more complicated I can change the size also the colour but you have to do it one thing at a time then I lose it Evil or Very Mad.
I have had family here today Eldest Grandson called not seen him for a month or so he's got a new car and wanted to tell his Grandpa all about it so that was nice to see him.
One good thing about here if you scroll down you can see what others have written so not all bad and Pauline has done a grand job of getting us on this site.
                                                               Take care all xx[]
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:06 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 3 35lyko10 Well this morning I started off by sorting some more curtains and found some that I wanted to get rid of.  Originally someone had given me a lot of the same type and I did use one for a bedroom and another one was hanging on the front door.  Also out of some of the others I had made cushion and chair covers, so the whole lot are going and I put up another curtain on the front door that I preferred and also covered the draft excluder with the same material (had a pair of smaller ones with the same pattern and used them).  Did one lot of laundry, including the old front door curtains and then stripped my bed and remade that, so another lot of washing went in.

I had intended to continue with my bedroom and dust and vacumm that, but the weather looked pretty settled so about midday I went outside and then worked on trimming all of the edges (long job that one) and doing a lot of weeding and tidying up and tieing back and came in about half an hour ago.  Didn't have enough time left to mow the lawn, but will do that later in the week.  After posting this (and I am up-to-date with emails) I am going upstairs to continue with the work up there and also I need to shampoo my hair this evening (sure I have half the shrubbery in it Sad)

Joan sounds as though your weather yesterday was what we had today and you certainly gave William an enjoyable day while Claire was out with Mia, so Mia could spend her birthday money.  Sorry to read your leg was playing up again and even though you were so tired you wouldn't chance going to bed, hoping the pain would ease later.  Yes I liked that little yellow flower gif we had on Groupbox and always kept a copy of it in my pictures, so could use it again.

Dian see you enjoyed the day out with the Wednesday club, but didn't get in until late evening and see you are still a bit tired today.  I know you are struggling with the site, but have seen your picture on the other thread.  You did miss the fact that Jean's uncle had died and also they had to have Monty put down, so not a very good time for her or David at the moment.  You will gradually get used to using this site.

Must away now ladies and get some indoor jobs done and looking forward to Poldark this evening.
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:16 pm
We were posting at the same time Joan, so popped back to answer your post.  Thank you for those remarks about me finding the site and it certainly did take a time, but I am getting to like this one and it seems to work so professionally - it even told me that you were posting while I was checking my post and asked if I wanted to alter my post after reading yours, but decided to post again  I don't know if it is the same for all of you, but I get a notice in my emails each time someone posts and that is what all broke down on Groupbox.

Nice to see your oldest grandson today and he was eager to show Vince his new car and tell him all about it.  Hope the pain has eased today and wishing you all a pleasant evening.  
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:49 pm
Hello all.another wet wild day here.....grrrrd I do hope you are all faring better. Just trying to catch up with housework as it has been neglected so getting there
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:02 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 3 Qy3zd310Good Afternoon Everyone.

See you have horrible weather your way Dian and been getting on with housework - same here although it has been sunny this morning, but now grey and windy.  Missing the club today as I want to get on with a lot more things here and at the moment sorting out all the different curtain track fittings and curtain hooks I have and seeing what can be got rid of.  Surprising what I have uncovered in that three door cupboard in the craft room and should have sorted it out a long time ago.

Tomorrow off for a trip to Stratford-upon-Avon and hope the weather is okay for that.  I do like that town and looking forward to going there again.

Hi to you also Joan, Jean, Joy and anyone else who manages to get in here
Jojo53
Jojo53

Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:11 pm
Hello all had a fun day first went to Craft club made the wall hanging above, had a laugh with Janet so if you look in Janet hope you smile, then Claire picked me up and we went into town to a shop called My New Shoes where the Children got shoes for the new school year, William was easy but Mia!!!!!anyway got there in the end, did a bit more shopping in Sainsburys then had a bit of lunch and came home.
Pauline I see you are closing the facebook group now got the e.mail from you, enjoy your trip tomorrow.
                 Have a nice day all xx
[/font][/color][/size]Hello Everyone - Page 3 Sam_4311
All went a bit wrong today so I am leaving it as it is Crying or Very sad
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:16 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 3 Z6rvxn12Good morning Everyone.

I do like that wall hanging Joan and another good idea of using up scraps of material and bits and bobs.  Glad you had a fun day and a laugh with Janet at the club.

Well I was supposed to be going on the outing to Stratford, but  bearing in mind I have a lot to do still around my house and garden (which I am enjoying having the time to do) and also that I have been to Stratford many times before and Maria was visiting Gennie today, I decided to cut out the trip to Stratford and go with Maria to visit Gennie instead.  Also the biggest reason for me doing that was when I got to the centre for the coach our Treasurer, Mike, was having an arguement with one of the members and a nasty atmosphere was taking shape, so I went into the centre, put up a poster for the next sale and decided I would rather do something more pleasant than listen to the tittle tattle about that for part of the day and managed to get a word to Mike, between the bouts of arguement, that I was going home.  I think a bit of trouble has been caused because Mike also decided to form a Thursday club at Goldings (and this was an outing for the Wednesday and Thursday clubs from Goldings) and at the Christmas dinner which was held for both clubs, I did notice that there was a clique forming from a few members of the Thursday club and there has now been a fall out amongst them and one of them has now joined the Wednesday club and of course, both sides were on the outing today - well I cannot stand that sort of thing, so good reason for me to head home.

Since getting back I have made the most of the good weather today and been collecting a few more seeds from the garden for drying and after posting this I am off to get a couple of things for Gennie and then meet Maria at Trevor's just before 2 p.m to get to the hospital.

Have a good day everyone
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum