Nifty Fifties Plus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Hello Everyone - Page 39 Empty Re: Hello Everyone

Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:09 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 39 Flower22Pauline  busy as ever in the garden but think its a good way to be satisfied as you always see the difference it makes. Laughed about the police cars as you say still in the land of the living.Read a bit in paper saying over 70s might be in lock down for a year.....i would crack up then and think a lot more would too.
Jean good your arm fine today and pity you cannot get out.Yes just in from sitting in sun for half an hour and it is sheltered so nice to feel the sun on face and arms........will pop out later if sun stays out
Rita hope your having a good day with no problems
I got the bedding ironed and another corner tidied.It is a lovely day with sun out and a breeze blowing so all the windows opened. Now will go and have another nice cuppa

Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:23 am
see you are getting better now Dian. it is still windy here today.
Sorry Pauline about your visitors, do not know what day it is put up a calender and still do not know. have been on the phone for an hour to the insurance lot, one of whom said I had not
claimed......and hung up and that started me off. waiting for an apology from someone.
my arm was a bug of some kind.
Pauline
Pauline
Admin
https://nifty-fifties.forumotion.com

Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:36 am
Hello Everyone - Page 39 5wn6qd10Thought I would put a gif on of bluebells this morning, as mine are all out.  Been up since about 5.30, but got quite a bit done on the computer.  Paid the Eon bill and did some research into finding a battery for one of my phones which has been cutting out for quite a while now and eventually found one on the internet from a battery company in London and that was a low cost of 8.99 compared with about 12.99 elsewhere and Amazon were out of stock of them.  Considering the current account took a hit with the power bill, I managed to pay for that from funds that were in my PayPal account (all earned from doing surveys).  Still some money left in there and got £40 in Amazon which came from vouchers received from doing surveys and just about ready to get another £15 from one of the other companies.  When I get bored with doing them (and there were some long winded ones this morning that I have just waded through) I just remind myself that I am earning out of them - well below the living wage, but helps to bump up the pension each week.

Yesterday got some more seed sown and some more shelving moved and at last I actually managed to cut the whole of the grass and the edges all in one go, instead of doing bits here and there and straight away everything looks so much better.  More garden work today and the sun is out again and it is a lovely calm day.  I just stopped for a while and phoned Maria to see how the scan went yesterday and she said that was okay and the dietician has been on the phone to her and is sending a prescription through to Boots for nutrient drinks for her and she is hoping to get the appointments for bloods to be taken at the 3 Shires moved from Monday 4th to Saturday 2nd, so when she sees the doctor on 4th at the hospital he will have all of the blood results and if they are okay will give the go ahead for the chemo on 5th.  I must put my prescription through on line today and then got to check to see when is the best time to get to Boots to collect it.  I phoned Greg yesterday as my boiler check is due this month and is necessary for him to do this each year and sign the book to keep the warranty for 7 years valid, but he said that he had spoken to Ideal and they had confirmed that they were happy for all maintenance to be done after the lock down and the warranties would still be valid, so that is sorted for the time being.

Dian, I can certainly see the difference since I managed to get the grass cut all in one go yesterday and it looks lovely this morning.  I saw that too and also heard that on the t v about our ages being locked away for a year - oh no, the thought of that.  They are now starting to realise that some people that have had the virus have caught it again, so looks as though self immunisation isn't happening.  You know I have this awful thought that once a vaccine is found it is going to be like the flu vaccine and one we are going to have to receive each year and that is for all ages and what a strain on the NHS and GP surgeries that is going to be.   One good thing just might come out of it, that is that there mustn't be any further cutbacks to the NHS and there is going to have to be a package that covers all care (including the care homes) and more money to be spent at home here instead of all of the billions going abroad.  We all know that this money that goes abroad really doesn't get to the people that need it, just goes in the pockets of corrupt governments, to keep them in the pocket of this country.  If you think about it, it is like a political protection racket !!!  Anyway, back to nicer things, good to read you managed to sit out in the sun yesterday and had plans to do the same later.  See you got the ironing done and another corner sorted in the garden and lovely to be able to open all of the windows.

Jean, just saw the message flash up that you had posted as I was just finishing this off, so that was handy and can now read your post first.  Good to know the arm is better, but that insurance company are certainly playing up - is that to do with the holiday?  Same here, unless we have any appointments it is hard to keep track of the days and on Sunday I was thinking it was Monday Rolling Eyes   The wind seems to have died down now here and the temperature has picked up, so turned the heating off again, which I did put back on last evening - got bloomin' cold.

Hope things went well for you over the weekend and yesterday Rita and now I must get on with that prescription order and then to the garden.

Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:12 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 39 7sevta15 Pauline well you certainly got a lot done in being up early and garden must be really up to date now.........do hope Maria gets her chemo soon .Great you got your phone battery at a good price. you do well with your surveys .Well done
Jean yes a nice wind blowing today with the sun out so was great for drying the washing.Good your arm better.Good luck with the insurance people
Rita hope your day has gone along nicely
Another nice day but cooler but was great to get washing dried also took curtain down at back door so got it out and dried and put back up I did take my time and was very cautious up the ladder but so pleased managed it S_I_L got me shopping "daughters phoned also grandchildren so that cheered me up and have been walking a bit better today so do hope it keeps going
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:24 am
My headache of yesterday has gone thank goodness.
it is not so windy today and hope to get out into the garden.
Pauline it is about time they sorted out care homes. My aunt is in one now in Norwich and that costs £1100 a week, so her house has to be sold to pay for it.
so far have not gotten the name of it. her son, said he would phone me but did not, so got this information when I phoned him.
as for the prices not justified

the travel insurance company said I had not contacted them when in fact I had. the forms they asked for had been sent but they could not find them.....typical
It is a disturbing thought staying in for a year.....this morning, whilst cleaning the kitchen floor, the dog came in for her breakfast(she always has a long
cuddle first) and then David came in with some frozen food and walked all over it. managed not to scream

Dian glad you are walking a bit better now, I am itching to do my curtains etc, usually do the pillows, and then the washing machine gives up!!!

Rita hope you are ok
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:46 am
Hello Everyone - Page 39 Bird_h10Good Morning All.

Another lovely day out there and it is back to the garden for me.  Yesterday finished with all of the seeds and moved two of the old council recycling boxes (that were no longer needed when the wheelie bins got issued to us), full up with spare plants, to the front garden, where they are now supporting the pavers that are standing upright and holding back all of the peat I poured into that section to make a new bed and gradually it is taking shape.  Today I want to get all of the baskets sorted and replanted with the pansies and a couple of begonias that I managed to save indoors during the winter.  Six more geraniums to put in and a couple that I had already planted with the white ones I saved indoors, are already showing brilliant red blossoms, so happy about that.  I also managed to do a bit more sorting of the earth levelling to put down the next large paver for the patio extension, so all going well. Must admit housework is being a bit neglected at the moment, but can't do everything at once and housework goes on forever, where we only get part of the year to enjoy our gardens in.

I am glad I was up early this morning, dealing with emails, etc., because the internet in this area certainly starts slowing up during the day and a lot of people are complaining about it on the Nextdoor site and some think it is down to the fact that we are getting a lot of new masts erected in the area for the G5 network and it does seem to be affecting most networks.  I haven't lost mine at all (though some people have), but it does take forever to load pages or open more than one tab at once.

Just broke off from posting here because the phone battery arrived and sent them an email thanking them for the speedy delivery and phone working well again.

Dian, I still have plenty to do out in the garden, but must admit I don't work as fast as I once did - got a lot of repair work to do too e.g couple of trellises need attention and fixing back to where they should be, so hammer and nails to come out soon.  I spoke to Maria yesterday and the scan went well and she was going to try and get the bloods taken earlier than the appointment they had given her, so the doctor has these on 4th when she sees him at the hospital and hopefully will get the chemo on the 5th.  You have been busy what with getting the backdoor curtain down and washing that and getting it back up again.  See you were cautious using the ladder, but you got it done and sounds as though your mobility is certainly improving. More shopping delivered by s-i-l and you spoke to your daughters and grandchildren on the phone which cheered you up.  Do hope the mobility improvement keeps getting better.

Jean, well not much luck there with getting the floor cleaned and dried before Coco and David arrived across it.  I can remember one Saturday morning I had just finished dusting and vacuuming all of the downstairs where we used to live and then my husband decided that as he had finished mowing the grass at the back he would walk through the house with the mower to get out to the front garden - now considering we had a wide driveway front to back, of course he wouldn't have thought about using that  Shocked.  Don't get me started on the cost of care homes and making people sell their houses to pay for them - that is why I had that family property trust created, so if I ever have to go into a home, I cannot be forced into selling my house.  I hope you get that sorted with the insurance company and see this morning on t v there are a lot of people only being offered vouchers by the holiday firms and airlines and not getting any money back - I suppose they are doing what they can to keep their companies afloat, but it is certainly against the law.  As you know, all of my curtains came down in December before the new double glazing was done, but suppose I should be thinking about getting the windows cleaned and the curtains done again, but as I said to Dian, really am behind with housework at the moment with all of the gardening work to do.

Hope you are okay Rita as we haven't heard from you since Friday, but expect you are keeping busy.

Better get a move on to the garden as it is now coming upto midday - enjoy your day everyone.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:08 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 39 Fpxfv716 Pauline good your battery for your phone has arrived and see still busy working in the garden but great the weather has been good to get so much finished Loved your bluebells
Jean do hope you did manage out in the garden with Coco.Hope you can get sorted with your holiday insurance
Rita do hope you are keeping fine
Another nice day so first thing this morning watered tubs in back as forgot last night.Hoovered living room and tidied up.Sat outside in the sun for an hour then dug out summer curtains got them ironed and put up one pair now Need to wait till tomorrow to tackle second one as they are more difficult so will be fun Also going to change cushions around.Feeling really tired think maybe an early bed tonight Crying or Very sad
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:51 am
Hello Everyone - Page 39 Abldzw10Yesterday got on with starting to clear the patio and get planters and shelving in correct places and got the next paver in place for the patio extension (although not levelled yet), so never did get around to doing the baskets, but got some more planters tidied and fed and will tackle those hanging baskets today and get that paver levelled.  Another sunny day and yesterday at times it got too hot to work out in.  Not very good news this morning with regard to the development of a vaccine and that it probably won't be ready for another year, so we had all better get on with finding new things to do while we are confined most of the time in our own homes.

I think I forgot to mention that the other day I tried to put the prescription through on line, but couldn't order the Zappain because a medical review was needed for them before I could order them again.  Bit unnecessary really because I am allowed to take 2 four times a day and I only ever take 2 at night about 4 times a week!!  Anyway phoned the survery and she is getting the pharmicist to call me at 10.20 on Friday to sort it out for me and she said please be ready to take the call, otherwise he just goes on to the next person on the list.

Dian, you do seem to be getting through many more jobs, so definitely improving with your mobility and bet you are happy about that and see you plan to do the second lot of summer curtains today and get the cushions altered around.

Hi to you also Jean and expect you will post later.

Rita hope you are okay as we haven't heard from you over the weekend or during this week so far.

Coffee first and sit outside in the sunshine to drink that and then on with the work.  Have a good day all of you.  
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:06 am
Rita hope you are ok last night I woke up coughing three times and am now worn out but with no cough
I am having trouble sending the original insurance form, on which there was no ref. each time I scan it and put it in documents and when I go on line
it is not there. have had this trouble before.
Dian see you are getting on well now. the sunshine helps.
when I had the twins David washed the kitchen floor and then came in to tell me that the dog had walked all over it did not think to have the dog
outside when he did it....
hopefully sitting in the garden later
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:07 am
ps glad Maria is ok give her my best
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:42 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 39 Hfrien19 Pauline see you are still very busy in the garden and great you have got so much done. Good you managed to get your tablets sorted.I will need to phone my chemist tomorrow as had trouble with some of my tablets.Rita is fine she is just having trouble getting in to site
Jean  do hope you finally manage to get your insurance sorted out.So annoying hope you enjoyed the garden
well I got the second curtain up this morning so pleased got that done also changed cushion covers.I spent all afternoon in garden as weeded the patio and moved all the tubs and cleaned under them I just took my time and had a lot of sit downs but pleased got that done also got the sun on my face.Watered the back garden and filled can for the front tubs.Soon will be clap time for NHS ect.
Ritadonni
Ritadonni

Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:28 pm
Believe it or not but i have literally spent hours on laptop snd iPad trying to get onto this group, now back again on iPad and got in. I cannot remember exact words but it said not allowed to enter.
I sat here sudden,y heard noise coukdnt think what it was, on,y later realised it was neighbour's noise fir the  NHS. Previous weeks it was only me snd a lady from town the road, this time I completely forgot it isThursday, one day runs into another.

I used my microwave/convectionsl  as sn ordinary oven todsy , with success. It has to be switched on to the right temp, then it signals when temp is reached and then put item inside for the set time.  I felt nervous but it was ok and I will use it often now.
I had to have  man out from Virgin to replace the HUB with a
Update one  as Computer was not working, (hit snd miss)  of course Zi had yo keep my distance  away from him, but  all seems to be ok, except trouble with this site,
My son came yesterday and we had a good chat in the garden, he will get me bread and milk snd bring it here tomorrow.
In Canads daughter said  peiple from the City had arrived to spend Easter  in their holiday houses, no lockdown for those people when villagers  keeping to the rules.

I walked to the end of the street snd bsck sgsin, dare not go far as sfraid of falling .   Then I watered garden, hose in one hsnd snd stick support in the other. Had a nice chat with lady who was passing by.
I see that you are doing well Dian, and  being busy in your garden snd home, that will  give you good feeling.    We have had Sux weeks of lock in, is there another 6 to go yet?
Jean, did you get out for a bit fresh sir, I think you are allowed to take the car a little way  if someone is disabled.
Pauline, I see you are still busy in your garden, have you been out shopping sny more?   Our council ssid they stopped taking bins with garden  stuff but now  they are going to try to do it once a month so perhaps your council too may change, altho' I seem to recall that Northsnts Council  is in fiinancial trouble.
Firecast fir another sunny day tomortow.
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:04 pm
Will be back in the morning to read and post, but before I came in from the garden I took some photos and here are some of them.

All along the edges of the new fencing I put down stones under the gravel board and then larger ones against it to protect it from damp earth and that was all along the section where the recycling bins, garden store and bbq stand and then continued along where there is a small edge next to the patio where there are plants and here is how it looks:-

Hello Everyone - Page 39 P1130013

and here is the section where I have extended the patio and those pavers are supported with breeze blocks under them which are on top of earth and building sand and you can see how the land sloped away at that point by the depth the planters I have stood between the slabs and the fence:-

Hello Everyone - Page 39 P1130014

and one more slab to put down with the breeze block ready and that finishes all of that heavy work:-

Hello Everyone - Page 39 P1130022

Three general views of the garden which is now taking shape:-

Hello Everyone - Page 39 P1130016

Hello Everyone - Page 39 P1130017

Hello Everyone - Page 39 P1130018

The basket below and the planter are still full of plants that have gone right through the winter and still look so healthy:--

Hello Everyone - Page 39 P1130019

Hello Everyone - Page 39 P1130020

and finally my first Peace rose opened today:-

Hello Everyone - Page 39 P1130021

Have a good night everyone xx
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:51 am
Hello Everyone - Page 39 Mfa0x010Hi Everyone. As you can see from my post last night of the garden, I have found out (at long last) how to get more than 3 photos on one posting at one time. After posting the first three  I then went to preview and after getting back to the posting I found that the picture square appeared again completely empty, so after the next 3 did the same and it was succesful.

After posting this I think I had better get out there early and water the garden, because I did a bit of transplanting into different planters yesterday and need to make sure they are okay. Also the rose I transplanted into the bed by the side of the house, was looking so sorry for itself, but fed it well and have kept on watering and now it has started perking up a bit. The photo of the first rose above was on the bush that is well established in that bed and I can see that from the side window.

Rita I was getting worried about you and was going to email you yesterday when I spotted Dian saying it was just computer trouble and then caught your post yesterday evening and so glad to see you back. You certainly do persevere when something won't work for you and sort it out in the end and that was good to read that your microwave oven worked well as a normal oven, so well done with that. Have you cooked those scones yet? With the clap for carers I reckon you can be forgiven for forgetting that last evening. It was a very poor show last week around my way, but last night was the best it had been - I had just swept up some of the bits in the garden, so was banging my dustpan and brush together. Glad to read that the Virgin engineer called to replace the hub for you and you both had to keep your distance from one another and that is good to know they are still doing their jobs in people's houses. See you had a good chat with Peter in the garden and today he is bringing some bread and milk for you. I see from what your daughter was saying, there certainly aren't the tough restrictions in her area of Canada, like there are here and that people are arriving to their holiday homes in her area and that certainly isn't fair on the residents who have been observing the rules. I see you have been taking your walks and had a nice conversation with a lady passing when you were watering your garden - it certainly does help to have a little bit of social contact, although at a distance, because it certainly seems as though there are a few more weeks of the lock down to come. Our council stopped the last free collections of garden waste on 6th April and I made sure that I had two very full up bins for them and since then I haven't had a lot to deal with and the grass cuttings I have kept in one of the old peat bags for the time being. When I get the time I will try and make a proper composter. Both of our councils are in trouble and it was this May we were supposed to be voting for the two unitary authorities that we are going to have voisted onto us. With regard to shopping, since the lockdown started I have been out just three times. The first one was to the centre 11 days into the lockdown and then 9 days after that another trip to the centre, followed by 8 days after that a trip along to put Kylian's card through the door and then off to Aldi's and that was 8 days ago. Today I have to wait for that call from the pharmicist at our surgery to get my prescription sorted and then put the order through, so hopefully next week I can collect the prescription at Boots and then do some more top up shopping. As you can see the trips are few and far between and a couple of times I have managed to bring some more things home from the lockup at the centre.

Jean I see you were worn out yesterday from coughing the night before, but good that the cough had disappeared. I know how hard it is to try and trace things on the computer when you want to forward them and let's hope you get that insurance problem sorted soon. Had to laugh about the time David washed the kitchen floor and never thought about putting the dog outside first. Hope you managed to get your sit down in the garden in the sunshine yesterday, because it was lovely weather. I always pass on the good wishes to Maria and Gennie and today will catch up with Gennie again. The last three times I have phoned Maria and in fact am waiting for her to remember to phone me this time with information about whether she has got the blood tests shifted to an earlier appointment.

Dian, see you achieved more yesterday and dealt with the second curtain and the cushions and then spent all afternoon in the garden and see you tackled your patio (like me) and got that weeded and the tubs shifted and cleaned under them, plus watering the back and then the tubs in the front with the watering can, so you are doing so well. Hope you get your pills sorted with the chemists. Thanks for letting me know that Rita had computer trouble - that saved me doing an email - plus thanks for all of the funnies and I enjoyed the latest lot.

Off now to get breakfast and then water that garden and get that finished before the pharmicist phones me at 10.20. Hope all of you have sunny weather again today and can make the most of it.
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:10 am
son phoned me this morning to say he had been furloughed for three weeks, cannot spell that. Asked if  he could jet wash the path because it is half done as we cannot
get a jet wash thing at the moment, not without seeing it first, as David cannot do much, but he dare not come over. we are not breaking any rules because we could slip
on that. half of it is done because the man who concreted the side for us, said he would come back and  complete it free of charge, we are still waiting.
Strange about Canada Rita, because my friends are in lockdown in Alberta and fed up with it all as we are, and if we have to stay in here until December well
that does not bear thinking about.
Dian see you are much better now and doing the curtains, still have not got mine down.
yesterday I had a dvd of Bambi delivered just for me. my first colour film as a child, loved it. maybe will show it to Oscar when he can come up.
Pauline your garden looks lovely. must have a photo when it is complete.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:29 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 39 Gmfrid11 Pauline garden looking so nice and bright and can see all the hard work you have put in and so much colour.i was just reading posts when your bit about chemist reminded me i needed to phone for my prescription as it now gets delivered so had to stop posting and do that which i have but now cannot sit in garden till they deliver Mad Do hope all goes good for Maria.I have a lady who sends me a lot of those jokes ect which cheers me. Met her at my school reunion 11 years ago and we have kept in touch just through e mails.We a re always going to meet up for a cuppa but something always happens either to her or me so we just laugh about that and do hope we will catch up again. We were not in same class but same year but we did not know each other then.The school long gone.
Jean I am like you as do not think I could do another year of lock down as would crack up. So pleased we at least have a garden to escape to.Hope you finally get your path power washed.Must say mine badly needs it too Coco will be good company for you
Rita so pleased you manage to get in but know how you feel as in the beginning i had so much trouble getting in.Great you got your microwave to work.That would cheer you up with your son visiting and nice you can chat with your daughter in Canada.Yes you sounded like me hose in one hand and stick in the other Smile
Well decided would have a lazy day as think really did too much yesterday.i have sent my light and gas readings off.Would enjoy sitting out back with book but need to wait on delivery from chemist so will just need to be patient.another lovely day again so we are very fortunate to have such lovely weather
Ritadonni
Ritadonni

Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:18 pm
Pauline, from your photos I can see some of the results  of your hard work in your garden and That Rose. , blooming so early, is beeeeoootifull!
Jean, yes re those people who defied the Lockdown, would be away from the City but still their own company as no cafes or shops
open there either.   You and David will find it frustrating when so many jobs that you used to do yourselves now have to wait until someone else can do them.
Dian, I bet you felt so satisfied that you had managed to do so much in garden snd house, but II see that you need a day to rest after it.  
Well, I am really fed up and frustrated today,  
the new hub for the computer may be working but I cannot get so many things sorted.
I wrote to insurance firm asking for copies of my  agreement and they' replied with enclosure which  needed copying. I tried to forward it on to my son but it was wrong email address then somehow it disappeared  took  me ages to get it back.   So then wrote to the ins. Firm asking them to send the papers to me as I do not have a copier.   - sounds easy but took me ages, as it kept disappearing and other bits coming up. It's all beyond me now.
About 12 this morning  I was busy in kitchen and son came to front door, when I went the bag if shopping was there, and he said he had left it earlier, had rung bell and gone  as he was  in a hurry to call on someone else,  but had come back  some time later snd shopping still outside.  The first time he had come I did not open the door just looked out coukd not see anyone, did not see the bag just by the door.  Tonight Inthought I heard door bell rushed to open the door and no ibe there !?
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:09 am
Just gone 5 in the morning and I am up way too early, but making the most of it.  Just checked Facebook and there is a video on there at the moment of Ashurst Mews Care Home (where Claude resides) and you can see her at the very end of the video holding up the two smiley faces and smiling herself (even though she does nothing else but moan about that place and the manager) - it really is a lovely place and that is the comment too of the 2 Age UK people that we know through our clubs.  Hope the link works.  Will be back later to read and post when I get back from the centre hopefully having got my prescription (which got sorted yesterday with the phone call from the pharmicist at the surgery) and some top up shopping. If you cannot hear the sound on the video, just look at the bottom righthand side and click on the speaker symbol and put the volume up.  https://www.facebook.com/AshurstMewsCareHome/videos/239301034094631/
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:27 am
had a look at the video but still could not see Claude!!!
brain not working today, yesterday I had a phone call to say that one of the bowls club members had dropped down dead in the shower. he had been ill with
supposed pneumonia  given pills which made him sick and then he started ranting and raving another call to 111 who gave him sedatives, spoke to his
partner on Thursday and she said he was better. there will be a post mortem. he was 65 and she 79 but what does age matter. they were getting married
in July..................had been together for a good while.
yesterday phoned grandson as no shopping appeared and he said they would get it this weekend. no idea that he should have phoned me so I did not worry about it.
have  a headache today, it is chilly outside and have the heating on again
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:51 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 39 Eyffgs14 That  was a good video at  the home and the staff looked so nice but as you say Claude was never happy.Hope you got all you needed today at the centre
Jean good your son getting you shopping That was sad for that lady in your club Hope your headache got better
Rita hope your having a good day
Another really hot day Never ever remember April being as hot as this.I have got the sun and put on sun cream today.I did a small washing and got it out so will be just about dry.Washed and set my hair last night and showered this morning but hair is getting too long....grrrr.Daughter video phoned so enjoyed that Now off to see what I can have for eating
Ritadonni
Ritadonni

Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:25 pm
That video of the Home looked good Pauline but I did not recognise Claude amongst them.
Did you  go shopping and get what you needed,  were there many people about.
Folk going by here all day long getting their daily walk,  very few cars. But the postman coming round every day and newspapers bring delivered.
I was late getting up this morning but  I go to bed late and read.
Dian and Jean, I guess you  are  missing your shopping outings, but I Wonder just hiw many shops will be still there when this is over.  So many empty shops already.
Quiet days on our own so nothing really to write about.
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:51 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 39 Fdvkk410Hello Everyone.

Went to the bus stop just after 8 and the 5 bus I wanted wasn't listed as running and there was a 25 minute wait for the No 1, so started walking and got just over three quarters of the way there when the 5 went along - oh well gave me a healthy walk.  Went straight to B & M and got some more bird food there and a tray of 20 begonias and three other bedding plants, so was happy I went there first.  Straight into the centre and to Boots and waited for a couple of minutes and there were only 3 people in front of me and they opened up within a couple of minutes and the prescription was in.   After that into Poundland and then down to the bank to draw some money and out of the centre and across to Lidls and got what I needed in there after a short wait to get in and also found a nice geranium while I was in the queue.  Walked home after that and got the shopping away and worked out the finances and then straight into the garden.  Got some of the baskets replanted and a couple more planters sorted with some of the new plants in and more to do tomorrow.  Decided not to call in at the lock up as I had a full up trolley, plus a bag with the plants in, but yesterday morning I did have a tidy up of the items I have already brought home ready for a sale when the clubs open up again to raise funds for them, so when I bring the next lot home there is room to store more.

Jean would be nice if your son could get the path jet washed for you while he is off work.  I have the DVD of Bambi - be handy again for the great grand children now.  I had to laugh about you saying for me to put a photo on of the garden when it is complete, but as fast as I work and get jobs done, other things still keep growing and needing attention and I noticed that the golden privets now need clipping again and the grass is growing fast, so as fast as I get new jobs completed, back I have to go again to maintain what has been achieved  Rolling Eyes.  With regard to the video of Claude, if you go to the end and then just move the dot back slightly at the bottom, which shows the progress, you wil see Claude pop up just before that final shot of the staff. That was awful news you got in that phone call about the bowls club member and sounds as though he should have been in hospital.  Would have been better if your grandson had phoned you to say he was leaving the shopping until the weekend as you were expecting it yesterday.  It was cold this morning when I went out, but was okay working in the sun this afternoon, but got chilly again this evening and feel tempted to put that heating back on again.

Dian I see you got the prescription sorted out with the chemist and didn't have to wait too long for the delivery so you could sit in the garden.  Had to laugh about the old school friend who sends you the funnies, that you have made arrangements before to meet up and then one thing or another happens and you never make it - well no chance of that happening at the moment.   I know you and Jean have said that if we have to do another year of lock down you will crack up, but it is surprising how strong minded we all are about it and I know we will all find things to do around the home.  At the moment I am appreciating the time to get things done without the clubs and the sales, but it will wear thin after a while and I do miss them, although I can always find things to do.  See you decided on a lazy day yesterday and you had probably done too much the day before, but see you got your power readings off - My bank balance doesn't look too healthy at the moment after paying my bill this week - roll on arrival of pension on Monday.  That was actually a lovely smile that Claude gave in the video and really she has nothing to moan about because that is an exceptional home where she is.  I too can't remember an April as hot as this one and wonder if it will go on through to the summer and see you put on some sun cream yesterday and got your hair washed and set, but it is now getting too long - as you know I chopped some off of mine the other week and feel I need to get more off, although it looks okay after shampooing and setting it last night, but won't last for long and not worth perming it as I am not going anywhere except for the occasional shopping trip.  See you enjoyed a video call from your daughter today and Rachel was supposed to be calling into my garden on Monday as she had some laptops to pick up from an estate near me, but Stephen phoned this evening to say that her boss has called a meeting for Monday, so they are trying to make arrangements to collect them tomorrow (that is if the person will be there) and might call in tomorrow instead, but will call me tomorrow to let me know.

Rita, yes amazing that rose being out so early in the year.  Sorry to read you are so frustrated with the new Hub for Virgin and not finding everything you want to on the computer and I do hope you get that insurance matter sorted and had to write to them in the end.  See you heard your son when he called a second time to say he had left the shopping outside the door earlier, anyway you got it eventually.  Yes as you can see from above I did get everything I wanted and was pleased I found some more plants.  If you read what I posted to Jean above, you will see that Claude is the last person to appear on the video just before the staff come on screen again at the end.  I am still getting buses and traffic past here, but far less than normal and it is so quiet at night.  It is certainly making the air quality better with less fumes around.  It is going to be awful if we lose more shops due to this lock down and as you say, there were enough empty ones about before this started.

Well I am sitting here getting quite cold and I am away for a hot bath and try not to put the heating on. Hope you sleep well everyone.     
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:55 am
spent most of yesterday on the phone. my aunts son cannot find the deed to house the council want to put a charge on that, but must have the deeds.
so that resulted in lots of calls. my nephew in Norwich works for the council and he is going to find out what is to be done on money, as he works
somehow with the social and and the council
than I finally got through to my sister in law, who now has two dogs like me, and they both sound very poorly. they were given to her by a friend
and she loves them to bits. it seems if one of them is chocking and the vets cannot seem to find what is wrong.
it is a lovely day out there, put the washing out early.
best wishes everyone
Ritadonni
Ritadonni

Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:35 am
It's such a lovely morning I walked with two sticks, thought it better than pushing the trolley thing, just  a few yards to the bottom if the street snd back again, a only a few minutes but  I have been out!.
I think I must start talking to myself as when I spoke to my son when he came yesterday my voice was hardky there. Use messenger to chat to daughter snd son on line.
Jean, that is worrying when they cannot find the hiuse deeds. I know they take the house, as when my sister was in a home they took over the house and family were not allowed to go in the house at all, then when it was sold they only notified  the son and daughter the day before, so they had no time to take snything out and quickly arranged for a house clearance people to  empty it.   We went round in t he morning to try to rescue some things. When my sister eventually died her family were given what remained of the monies which the house was sold for.  A distressing time, a Will is only valid on death.
Iits interesting to see that you got plants at various shops Pauline, I hope that my son will be able to get some  for me as the spring flowers are dying off now.  I must get out there, it's only a tiny garden, as I had gravel put diwn instead of lawn at front. With only a circle of flowers in the middle and  borders  either side of  path.    The several shrubs in pots are doing  well.  Names escape memory at the moment, it is quite upsetting fir me now as I cannot recall so much. "On the tip of my tongue" then gone.
Anyway I will get off now. So Dian, Jean, Pauline have a nice day, enjoy the sunshine.   Bye!
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:19 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 39 63708417Pauline  lucky you in getting begonias. I always like them as give a good long show and flower so well and last You did get a lot of shopping done yesterday and thats what I am missing as not the same someone getting shopping for you. Now I  am starting to growl at being locked in Pity Rachel did not call in but maybe soon. Good to have a chat with someone
Jean can imagine the bother your aunt s son having with the deeds. hope they can finally get it all sorted Shame about the dog
Rita well done with your walking with your sticks.Thats what worries me in not getting out to see how i will manage outside.Think when we are not chatting for long your voice could weaken so maybe recite poems or sing might help Laughing
Pleased to see son who popped in for a visit Stayed well away but did put items in bin for me.Nice but chilly when sun disappeared so did not sit out for long Taped Maid in Manhattan so will watch that later as did enjoy it Wishing you all a good day
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum