Nifty Fifties Plus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Hello Everyone - Page 38 Empty Re: Hello Everyone

Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:40 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 38 Yjun1c10Pauline good you are well stocked up again and you certainly got a lot to save you from going out. Good comp seems to be doing fine again.I do feel so sorry for anybody that gets flooded out Yes do hope they get cracking in rolling out the vaccines as seems the only way out of this in case the virus keeps mutating for the worse .
Jean see you had some snow but good you got the rain to clear it.Think we are all fed up locked in
Rita good you got your nice honey as think it really helps.
Thank goodness snow all away now just cold and a wet miserable day.Not done much today Now off for another cuppa .
Ritadonni
Ritadonni

Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:52 pm
You got stocked up there Pauline, I wanted vit D or cod liver oil capsules but  village chemist had none. I do not risk getting bus to town. The sun shone  for a couple hours here but it's doesn't seem worth while jùst to wander with two walking sticks just a little way outside. No one to speak to anyway.  Pauline that Is a nice photo of Gennie on the funeral notice you sent me, she was such a cheery smiley lady.        In the same post I also received details of deaths of two friends, not of Covid..
Yes Jean, I reckon we just have  to accept that we will  be housebound for a good while yet.  Dian, do you have lockdown in Scotland, can you meet anyone outside?

I get so tired in the day then am restless in the night and get up watch recorded tv for a while. Getting into bad habits now
Pauline
Pauline
Admin
https://nifty-fifties.forumotion.com

Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:41 am
Hello Everyone - Page 38 Pink10  Hi Ladies.  Thankfully it is dry here this morning and fairly bright at the moment, but just checked the forecast and looks as though the sun is for the morning only and there is a risk of more rain, but at least a glimpse of the sun lifts the spirits for a while.

I got all of the dry goods away and finished the finance sorting after going out spending on Friday and suppose I had better read the meters today and put that lot through and see what the power bill will amount to.  After that I think a bit of tidying around downstairs is needed - dusting and vacuuming again as usual.

Rita I see you couldn't get the vitamin tablets you wanted at the chemists and wondering when you do the next Budgens order, whether they stock the vitamin pills you are after - a lot of the food shops do keep a range of tablets and vitamins.  I know Savers were almost out of most of their own range of vitamin tablets when I looked in there on Friday, but managed to get what I wanted in Wilkos.  Got your email yesterday and answered that and was so surprised that post got to you so quickly as it went in the last post on Friday, so that was quick.  Thought you would like that Order of Service with the two lovely photos of Gennie and she was always smiling or having a laugh about something, even during the last few years when she was so ill.  More sad news for you finding out that you have lost two more friends.  Not only is it getting to our ages that we get more news of this, but the last year has been absolutely awful for so many families due to this virus.  Hope all goes well for you with the vaccine tomorrow when David takes you there and it has just entered my brain - any chance of David collecting you earlier and perhaps you can get those vitamins on the way?  I don't think you can really call it bad habits with regard to different sleeping patterns seeing as we are the ages we are and the conditions we are living with at the moment and not the amount of fresh air trips we can take.  I go out in the garden for a while and do a bit of deep breathing (keeping covered from the rain I might add), but perhaps this morning is a chance for you to do this if you have the sun that I have at the moment.

Dian I certainly am well stocked up for a while and agree with you that the only way out of this crisis seems to be if they get cracking with the vaccine and particularly with the Oxford one that can be stored much easier and then several more places can deal with this. I see the snow had gone yesterday for you, but it was still a miserable damp day - do hope you get some sunshine for a few hours like I have here.

Jean hope the weekend is going well for you and you don't have to shut yourself away from the football today.  If you have the same weather as here, looks like a walk for you and Coco.

While I have the sun out there I am going to take out the recycling from the bin indoors and get the wheelie round from the side of the house ready to get that out tomorrow evening.  Getting full up now, as when Rachel brought me back from Rugby, I brought home two large carrier bags of torn up cardboard for them and put it in my bin.

Hope you all enjoy your Sunday.
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:57 pm
The sun certainly shone this morning. been out with Coco and there were lots of other people around none of which I knew. they mostly said hello.

Rita I think it is a good  idea of Pauline's that you ask your son if you can get some tablets.

Carol phoned this morning and said her doctors surgery were closed due to Covid, no idea now where to go should she need a doctor.  Apparently there were 12 people in the room when she had her jab, all too close.

I am going to try to get up the docs tomorrow as they do not answer the phone, there is a fault there somewhere and has been for months and no wonder people have to dial 999.  Did a few more leaves I believe they must be breeding.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:07 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 38 Eyffgs24Pauline pleased to say we have the sun shining here too but still not any warmer but brighter. Like you have just sent meter readings Dusting and vacuuming never ends so I have started again
upstairs
Jean hope you might manage a walk with Coco Well done with the leaves
Rita that is good son is taking you for your vaccine.  Yes we are on strict lockdown here. Just food shops open nothing else
Sunny day but still very cold. Sent meter readings away. Yesterday got house Insurance in so has just stayed the same so no change there. now off to do some more housework.  Have a good day ladies
Ritadonni
Ritadonni

Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:20 pm
I still have an occasional cough, left over from that flu I had.. Doesn't help with waterworks trouble cystitis which has flared up again, but seems better this morning. I was worried last night as felt poorly but I suppose it's like all old things, parts get worn out. Will just keep drinking lots water and only eat something about five o'clock. Hope it gets sorted before I go for Covid jab tomorrow night. So not done anything except usual carpet sweeper and made bed. Watched tv.

Jean, I am glad you got out into fresh air with Coco, I think it's cheering just to see other people even though cannot stop to chat.

Dian, so you too are "locked in". Days seem longer, does the cat stay in more, who does he spend most time with? You or neighbour?

Pauline, I guess you will be finding plenty to occupy yourself even though Locked in. I was sorting out stuff for charity shop but now got a bag standing in the way. I am looking forward to getting a car ride tomorrow even if it is to get a Covid jab, but Peter said we can get fish and chips on the way home so that will be a treat
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:37 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 38 Pyb7ye10  Hi Everyone.  Another morning gone with phone calls, but have cleared the emails.  Just spoken to Maria and this treatment isn't giving her much time to herself and she said how it is slowing her down - legs swollen and seem to be full of fluid  and it is taking her such a long time to wash and get dressed - not being able to bend the legs.  It certainly is far more intensive than the first lot she went through and is supposed to last about 6 months.  She said that she had a letter saying that she would probably receive an appointment for the covid vaccine in February, so I do hope hers can be done at the General, because after all, that is where she has to go for most of her cancer treatment.

After posting on here I am determined to ignore any further paperwork and get on with some physical housework and start upstairs and yesterday I did get the recycling bin from the side of the house and it is nearly full, so will put that outside this evening (might find some more things to go in there when I start upstairs).

Jean I got your email and answered that and pleased you also got that post from me so quickly.  I had a giggle about what you said with regard to the leaves breeding and when I wheeled the recyling bin round yesterday, I did pick up some more leaves lurking in the plants and there were loads of twigs off of the council tree, so gathered them up and threw them back over the fence.  Let's hope that Carol doesn't need her doctors at the moment as the surgery is closed due to the virus and I hope you manage to get into your surgery today and sort out about the B12, seeing as you can never get through on the phone.  I hope you can get out for another walk with Coco today as it seems to be dry again in our area and not quite so cold this morning.

Dian glad to read you got some sun yesterday like us. but here although dry, no sun today, but a bit brighter and temperatures up a bit.  True about the housework - never ending and I said to Maria to ignore the dust for the time being and relax in her recliner when she got the chance, because the dust would only be back again in a couple of days. Mind you I do feel I have left it long enough in my house and will definitely make a start today.  I put the readings through yesterday and late last evening the bill came through, so settled that on line to get it out of the way and must say, I was pleasantly surprised because I was expecting it to be more, but did have an email from Eon back last year to say my charges were coming down, well they certainly had.  Hope your charges aren't too high when you get the bill for your meter readings and that was good that there was no change in the premium for the house insurance.

Rita, enjoy that fish and chips this evening that you and Peter are going to get on the way back from the vaccine for you.  Sorry to read you still have the slight cough and suffering from the cystitus - painful for you at the moment and hope that clears soon, but as you say, got to expect our old parts to start wearing out Rolling Eyes  Wink.  That is the trouble about clearing out at the moment, because we still have to hang onto it until the charity shops are allowed to open again.  It is true that I have plenty to do, but lacking a bit in motivation at the moment, so need to get a real move on after this post.

Hope you all have a pleasant afternoon ladies.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:53 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 38 J9m4qk15Pauline sorry to hear Maria having such a difficult time.......do hope it improves soon for her. Yep housework never ending. I am now going to get some done after this post. Pleased to hear your heating bill not as bad as you thought
Jean hope you got out today with Coco
Rita do hope you got your vaccine.........cat stays with me all the time now........think he pops in to them now and again.....
Well at least slightly warmer and quite a bright day Really wish I felt good enough to get out in garden to do some work there.Also watching the post hoping to get word about vaccine........have a good day ladies
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:20 pm
it is dark yet again. Sunday I managed to get a urine infection, so again rang the docs. was 2nd in the queue and was told a male nurse whom I had never heard of
would phone me which he did, ending up with being given three days pills. the usual procedure is to take a sample up there so then I asked about the jab
and they booked that in, also said they did not know if I could have the diabetic blood test up there, as the practice nurses were doing covid jabs, these
are for all of Wellingborough, so when I asked well what were those nurses doing there was no answer.
Rita enjoy your fish and chips  sound lovely. send some down here.
Dian see the cat prefers you
Ritadonni
Ritadonni

Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:08 pm
We have just enjoyed our fish and chips which son  bought on the way home from having the Covid jab. Second jab vaccination will be on 12th April,  I was glad to have it done as still have Cystitis, the 3 day antibiotics did not cure it, it's quite painful but I will cut out all tea/coffee etc drink lots water and hope it will improve, at present I don't really feel up to walking round to the surgery with a few urine sample, and anyway I hope to keep off antibiotics if I can manage without them.
It's quiet days for all of us, very lonely, but  we are oK
Pauline, I am so sorry that Maria is having such an awful time, she must dread going for her treatment. I see that you got rid of some of Stephens rubbish in your bins, good idea.  It wil be a few weeks before you get to see them again, but this virus is so contagious we must take care and same for Dian and Jean.    Got to be content with our own company.  I had not seen my son for a fortnight until he came about taking me for the vaccination. Thankfully we all can communicate via computers.
I am like a wild woman with bushy hair, cannot tame curly hair, I keep chopping bits off but now think I would have been better to let it grow and tie it back somehow.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:10 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 38 6ujrhj26 Pauline no doubt you will be busy as ever. I am trying to catch up with housework here .Nothing but more doom and gloom on TV so depressing I try and not watch too much of it.hope your day going along nicely
Rita that is really good news you have got your vaccine and great your son managed to take you. Bet you enjoyed your fish and chips.Hope your infection clears up soon
Jean sorry you have a urine infection too......so annoying Hope it clears soon
Another cold miserable day Roll on spring. Nothing much happening here at the moment just same old news .Off for a snack then carry on with more needed housework .Have a good day ladies
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:15 pm
Rita I am seeing if this three day treatment works, 2nd day today. I have to go up there Friday for the B12 jab.

I see we are getting an ark ready for the next three days. This morning  went to Tescos to get some scampi, they had none, so thinking of the
fishermen not being able to sell their catch, I went to Morrisons and managed to get some. I went early and managed to get some and tescos was easy, more people in Morrisons. Have added scampi to the grocery list now - David just cannot get it, when you use something up, then put it on the list. He does most of the cooking Worn out now!!!
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:05 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 38 Fttncn10  Dry day after rain again during the night, although it is dull out there, but again that much warmer.  Going outside in a little while to collect the recycling bin and also got rid of the old kettle too this morning.  Been looking at Amazon this morning and ordered my Henry hoover bags from them (surprisingly just that much cheaper than those I spotted in B & M the other day), also 4 pairs of the latex coated gardening gloves I use which keep my hands protected when dealing with damp earth and compost when potting and planting and also very protective with other rough work, plus a couple of DVDs that looked interesting and that lot cost me nothing as I used some of my vouchers on there and as it was over £20 all direct from Amazon, no delivery charge to pay.

I actually did finish my bedroom and very thoroughly too, putting away items in the wardrobe and drawers, plus jewellery back where it belongs, which had been hanging around since the return from the Christmas trip and then the one for Stephen's birthday, so that is all neat and tidy and pleasant to enter, but mustn't be encouraged to go in there and watch any recorded t v until this evening, as I plan to get cracking with the thorough cleaning of the bathroom after this and perhaps make a start on the spare bedroom and get things back in the wardrobe and cupboards in there.  Those Christmas decorations are still in a bag in that room, plus the trees, but think I will shift them into the craft room and sort those items out from there, which is definitely a job for another day (perhaps tomorow  Rolling Eyes).  There was once when I could do an entire house thoroughly in a day and now it takes me an entire afternoon to get one room done with a couple of rests in between action.

Dian, hope you got on a bit better than me yesterday with the housework and again today - I certainly go at a slower pace these days.  No news for you yet about the vaccine and see you would like to get in the garden, same here, but weather not inviting enough to get out there for me.  Duke has certainly well settled in with you, but does seem to visit his owners from time to time and so long as they pay any vet bills I am sure you don't mind.  Like you I try and avoid a lot of the news (so depressing at the moment and do they really think we will all be staying up late or getting out of our beds early to see the inauguration of Biden) but I just record the good programmes I like and catch up with them in the evening.

Jean after posting on here I will check that address you need for the Hospice and email you.  Sorry to read that you too have a urine infection like Rita and hope those tablets do the trick for you in clearing it up and see you got the appointment for the B12 jab, but you are still not sure as to when you can get the diabetic test.  Yes, it does look as though we will need an ark with the number of flood alerts and warnings in our areas, but see you managed to get out to Tescos and Morrisons this morning and get that scampi for David, although he hadn't added it to the shopping list,  having used the last lot.  That is why I keep a list of what is in the freezer and have a constant shopping list ready so I can add things too, but that is men for you, but at least he does the cooking  Wink.

Rita, we all had some mouth watering moments thinking about your fish and chips.  Shame the cystitis hadn't cleared up before you got the covid jab, like you had hoped and see you are going to cut out the drinks that don't help and stick to plenty of water - usually the best way of flushing through, but still very painful.  Yes will definitely be a few weeks before I go to Rugby again, although it is the family bubble I am included in, but best to keep shielding while I am waiting for the vaccine.  See your second jab is in April, so that is quite a long wait.  Yes, we have to be thankful for the internet and phone so we can keep contact with people.  I know you have trouble with your curly hair, but at least can keep it trimmed and don't have to perm yours.

As I was finishing this, I did pop outside and get in the wheelie bin, feed the birds and pick up some items that had blown down in the wind and we are getting quite a few heavy gusts at the moment and could hear it was very windy during the night and see that storm Christopher is causing quite a bit of damage and flooding further north and in this area we are expecting more heavy rain and there are amber flood warnings about again.  Stay safe, warm and dry ladies and I am off to get a late lunch and tackle more housework.  

Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:52 am
woke up feeling cold this morning and feel I can sleep for a week, last of the 3 days pills hope they work
Coco is snoring in her basket in here with me. no dog walk today.
of course there is rain and more rain
Pauline I use to do the whole house in a day too, now it takes ages to do the one room. old age......
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:04 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 38 8ufcoh10  More rain - better hitch a ride on the dolphin or turn into a mermaid Rolling Eyes  Very Happy.  Amber flood warnings in the area at the moment and on the weather forecast last evening it was stated that Cambs and Northants had received so much rain over the last few days and much more rain would cause flooding and they reckoned it was going to be heavy too - at the moment it is just light, although heavy through the night.

I got the bathroom finished yesterday, did a couple of loads of washing, towels, bath mats, etc., and then a second load of dark clothes and that is drying indoors, plus made a slow start on the spare bedroom, but still more to do there today.  Just slowly working my way through the housework upstairs with a few breaks in between - well there is no need to rush as got nowhere to go!!!

Jean I hope the third pill does the trick for you and the infection clears up before you get to the doctors on Friday.  No dog walks for you and Coco today and see she is nice and snug and snoring in her basket.  Think you are right about needing an ark if this lot continues.

Hope things are okay today for you Dian and you are feeling that much better Rita.

Cup of coffee next and then find the motivation to continue on with the housework.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:13 pm
Pauline see you are busy with housework tooHello Everyone - Page 38 4cnhg118Another miserable day and just seeing poor people  in flood areas which must be such a worry for them. Pauline see you are busy as ever. Yes think we could all at one time scoot through the housework Good your washing up to date
Jean see you are feeling so tired so do hope you start to feel a lot better soon. Coco all nice and cosy in her basket Lucky her

Rita do hope your starting to feel a lot better and having a good day
I am still waiting to hear any news for the vaccine. Another miserable wet day again Now off to do some more housework Have a good day ladies
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:56 am
the sun is shining this morning but the wind is blowing a gale. couldnt sleep last night just off and on. maybe better after the jab. one nurse said to be you must be
on your knees now this is before I had the jab. In fact David does not notice if I am pale or not. does not look at me much now.
He cannot walk far, scared of falling over but cannot have a frame because he can only use one arm.
hopefully the pills have done the job but will take sample up there just in case, still do not know if I am having that diabetic blood test
hope you hear about the jab soon Dian, one of my friends is going nuts as she has not been called and her husband it 81 maybe the letter did not get there
told her to check with the docs.....
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:00 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 38 990bs910  Hi Ladies.  Well the sun is shining and everywhere is drying up fast, but that wind out there is so cold.  After the wind and rain last night I am really surprised that there wasn't more flooding in the area, but there is still one flood warning out on the Cogenhoe caravan site, but this time the Aquadrome seems to have escaped it this time and I bet the residents there were waiting for the worst again.  It is one of those sites that is used for holidays, but there are a lot of permanent residents there, but have to leave for two weeks during the year to avoid residental rates - well I reckon the number of times they have had to evacuate due to flooding, well and truly covers that time Rolling Eyes.

Yesterday I spent most of the day fiddling around with decorative items (like the artificial flowers) and trying to cut down on the number of decorative items in the bathroom, so really didn't achieve an awful lot and today going to plod on doing the same and sorting through the Christmas decs and getting them back in the cupboard in the hall upstairs and try and clear the spare bedroom.  Cannot say that I feel that enthusiastic about any of it at the moment, but seeing the sun out there, instead of heavy rain, makes things a bit better.

Dian I see you are still waiting to hear anything about the covid vaccine for you and looks as though I will still have to wait until I can get the Oxford one that can be stored more easily in places in my area.  I saw on the news that one of the places manufacturing that vaccine was under threat from flooding in Wales yesterday and a lot of moving of things had to take place - so a hold up in production for them.  Hope you managed to get more housework done yesterday than I actually achieved, but I am plodding on with it today and hope you get some of the sunshine your way and the heavy rain has stopped.

Jean, see you are feeling worn out after a lack of sleep last night - it was quite noisy our way with the rain and wind - and hope you start to feel better after the B12 jab tomorrow.  David certainly isn't very well at the moment and so difficult for him to get around and as you mentioned, he cannot use a walking frame, because only one good arm to use.  Think that was the best advice you gave your friend to check with her GP - that is what I had to do in the end because I couldn't get to the centre where it was offered for me, so at least I know they have made a note of that on my notes (well hope they have).

Hope you are feeling better Rita and that infection is going.

Must away now ladies and tackle a bit more around the house (not feeling that enthusiastic about it either).  Hope you all have a good day.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:26 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 38 D3f2uy23.That was good Pauline not much flooding in your area. Hope it continues that way.Yep housework never ending. I was like you yesterday doing some clearing out of fiddly items and will carry on today.
Jean hope you feel a lot better today .Know how David feels .Not much fun. Pleased your weather a bit better today
Rita hope your day has gone well for you
Well at least snow and frost away at the moment but still chilly.Showered washed and set hair now off for a cuppa then on with more housework. Hope all having a good day
Ritadonni
Ritadonni

Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:50 pm
Hi ladies. I Will not. Stay. Just hope you all keep going ok.
I am really poorly, phoned spoke to Doctor this afternoon, will be medication to collect from chemist tomorrow. Friend said to let her know and she will collect it, if not my son will get it. Byee
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:17 am
Rita I hope you are feeling better now. maybe reaction to the vaccine? I felt off the day after.
Today am frozen been to the docs and had to stand outside this was to get my B12 jab. then they did the diabetic blood tests.
it is sunny now hopefully will get some energy in a little while to get Coco out. have to get warm first
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:59 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 38 W3jrjs10   Hello ladies.  Thought I would put another bright gif on today as it is still lovely and sunny out there, but a cold nippy breeze blowing.  In Northants we are forecast heavy snow over the weekend, so had better enjoy the sun today and it certainly makes you feel more inclined to get on with things.

Yesterday I was carrying on with sorting out the artificial flower displays and decorative items around the house and wanted some red flowers for a couple of displays in the fireplace in the lounge and that led me into the craft room and found some that I liked and while I was in there I noticed that the net curtain holder needed some attention, so cleared out the corner near the window to get closer to that and saw to that job and after posting this I am going up there again to continue and use that corner for all of the items I have kept for any sales at the clubs or residents council (if and when they ever get going again) and try and get that room a bit ore organised.  I am happy with the two displays now:-

Hello Everyone - Page 38 P1130427

and a few more around the house:-

Hello Everyone - Page 38 P1130428  Hello Everyone - Page 38 P1130429 Hello Everyone - Page 38 P1130430  Hello Everyone - Page 38 P1130431 Hello Everyone - Page 38 P1130432  Hello Everyone - Page 38 P1130433

and here is the distraction that Rachel got yesterday while trying to get some work done from home - Tilly pretending to be good, but waiting to pounce:-

Hello Everyone - Page 38 Distra10

Dian, so thankful no flooding our way, but how awful for those around the Manchester and other areas near there.  We are having to put up with so many weather conditions these days that upset people's lives and all around the world too.  I see the snow and frost had gone yesterday from your way, but looks as though we are all due more, going by the forecast. More housework and clearing of fiddly things yesterday like me and it is going very slowly with me, but  I am trying to be thorough.

Rita, hope it is what Jean has said, that it might also be a reaction from the vaccine, on top of what you have been suffering with, but do hope the medication works that the doctor has prescribed and you start to feel better soon, because you haven't been feeling well for quite a while now.  Keep warm and take it easy.

Jean, at least you managed to get the diabetic tests today when you received the B12 jabs and hope you find your get up and go again.  You must have been cold outside waiting to get in the surgery, because the sun is nice, but nasty cold breeze today.  I do hope that David soon starts to feel better as he has been unwell for quite a while now.  Wondering if you managed to take Coco for her walk this afternoon after such a full up morning.

Must away now ladies and try and get a bit more organisation in that craft room and you get  a relaxed time for the rest of the afternoon and evening.
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:48 am
Hello Everyone - Page 38 Ipljyu10 Hi Everyone.  Just a quick look in this morning as I am still in the middle of trying to get the craft room more organised and shift all those stored finished items out of my way - like trying to get a gallon into a pint jug  Rolling Eyes  and at the moment not doing very well.

No snow that was threatened, but plenty of rain again that has dried up this morning and the wildlife seems very active in the garden - birds feeding, pigeons quarrelling as usual and two squirrels playing around and investigating my planters and looking in through the window at me - wasted enough time watching them and must away back to the work again.

Hope you all have a good Saturday.
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:38 am
looks like you have found some nice stuff there Pauline
hope Rita is ok.
David is asleep in the lounge with Coco on his lap. he can hardly stand with his foot, but all suggestions we go to A * E are met with scorn. I am getting worn out looking after him. but there is no help available anywhere. no doctors etc., so he is waiting until Tuesday when the foot woman comes. so that is a big help.

Do you remember Pauline when I came out to lunch, I had to have money enough to get home by taxi, all that because the doctor had prescribed two tablets, when he should only have one. Worn out today
Ritadonni
Ritadonni

Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:10 pm
Hi there. I hope you are all coping as best you can with being locked in, it's not easy.

I now have medication, it will take time to work and I feel so tired,. My new washing machine is rubbish or I am, ? It takes ages, just as well drying all indoors as would not get out on line before noon. I got a good cotton sheet dry but it needs ironing and I don't feel I can do it yet. I wash underwear by hand every morning and dry it on bathroom radiator.

Now on TV they are saying six weeks is too long to wait for 2nd Covid Jab, you were lucky Jean to get yours done in three weeks, I have to wait until April.
I am going to bed now. Take care all.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum