Nifty Fifties Plus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Hello Everyone - Page 38 Empty Re: Hello Everyone

Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:43 am
I have just lost a long post!!

Rita I am glad you are feeling better now. My stomach has improved so off to sit at bowls this afternoon, do not think I can bend down!!!

Barbara glad you are sorted at last and things go well for you.

Dian did you get the blood test?

Pauline see you are busy.

David is a bit better today re gout.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:33 am
Hello Everyone - Page 38 Eviffi27 Pauline you are certainly getting up to date with the garden and now the house .You will be looking forward to meeting up with family and that will be a nice surprise for Aimee and Sean. So nice you are all meeting up so enjoy your break.

Jean so annoying when we loose a post but pleased you are feeling better so will be going to the bowling this afternoon. Pleased David feeling a bit better .Yes got blood taken BP, weight .

Rita that was a really nice day out with Sue. Would really cheer you up getting to different places and shops.That was a nice outing to the coffee morning and to see so many there would really cheer you up

Barbara that was so good to finally have that chat with your Doctor. Do hope it does all improve for you. David did the essential shopping then played at the terrain but was too hot so so came home after playing 2 games one of which he won .David cut the back grass then watched  snooker on the TV. Andrew busy as ever working upstairs.

Glad got washing out yesterday as we now have rain  Pleased to say I did get to my club and really enjoyed it quite a good turn out too SIL picked me up after club finished and took me shopping Now off to get some housework finished and up to date .
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:22 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

Our weather was still very hot this morning, though a bit cooler than it's been for the last few days. It cooled down a bit more during the day, which was much more comfortable.

David did the essential shopping early this morning and then we went out for our walk, with him giving me his helpful arm, as usual. The walk went quite well, although I'm still very slow and uncertain while walking. We'd nearly reached home, when our neighbour round the corner saw us, and with me struggling. She asked if I was OK and so we crossed the road and spoke to her for a few minutes. After that short time, my knees went stiff, as they do if I stand for a fairly short time. I had to reluctantly apologise to the neighbour and told her why. She was very kind, as she always is. After lunch, David went for another walk. Andrew has been working hard upstairs in our office all day, only coming downstairs to make and eat his lunch. This afternoon, I've been working on my computer and still have the cryptic crossword to do.

Pauline, yesterday for you was all housework, plus clearing paperwork from the dining room table, filing, putting tools away, sorting out the shopping list and computer work. All of the downstairs is finished and half of upstairs finished, including putting things back in the upstairs hall cupboard and today after posting this (emails already sorted) there are a couple of small garden jobs you want to get finished and then get the shopping. When you get home and put that shopping away, then you want to complete the upstairs housework, leaving tomorrow free for some of the cooking. After speaking to Rachel yesterday you both decided that Aimie and Sean should have a late combined birthday present and have booked a night away for them in a Birmingham hotel (knowing they both like visiting there) which includes evening meal on a Friday evening and breakfast on the Saturday morning with a late departure time and putting some extra money to this towards anything they want to do on the Friday evening/Saturday morning. That is booked for October (and they can choose the date) and Rachel will pick them and the two boys up during the Friday and she will look after the boys in Rugby for that evening and Aimie and Sean can hop on the train to Birmingham (short journey) and get back the next day by train to Rugby and either Rachel or Stephen will meet them at the station and get them back to their house. They could decide to spend that Saturday night with them and then Rachel or Stephen will take them back home on the Sunday. So got that all sorted with a few phone calls and Rachel (bless her) checking for what was available on the internet.

Jean, I'm sorry to hear that you've just lost a long post!! It's good to hear that your stomach has improved and hopefully you enjoyed sitting at bowls this afternoon, as you didn't think you could bend down!!! It's also good that David is a bit better today re gout.

Dian, you were glad to have got washing out yesterday as you now have rain. You did get to your club and really enjoyed it. Quite a good turn out too. SIL picked you up after club finished and took you shopping. After posting, you went to get some housework finished and up to date.

Many thanks to everyone for your kind words to me. I do appreciate them.

Stay safe and well, everyone!

Lots of love from me to all!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:43 am
I just got the dog coat on when I opened the door to find it is raining hard. David suggested putting a rain coat on, but it is too much for  that so will try later.

Off to afternoon tea with the bowls club this afternoon, (my treat for 60th present).

My stomach woke me up twice in the night, and now my side is thinking about being a nuisance with a little pain.

I wish someone had booked me into a hotel Pauline.  I went to a nightclub in Birmingham where Dave Allen was on, courtesy of the neighbours whom I had helped out with when they moved there. Then we moved to Stratford on Avon and another friend moved to Dunstable.
Ritadonni
Ritadonni

Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:48 am
Hello ladies.

PAULINE that is a wonderful  present for AimIe and Sean, such a caring family to think of that and make it  work (child minding etc). Not long now before you go for your break, wilh Stephen and Rachel.

JEAN, I hope you are feeling better and are OK to go to the Bowls club.

DIAN, I guess you will be out shopping.  Do you bother to cook much for one at home!  I sometimes buy too much veg then don't feel like eating it, but got to cook it. From now on I will only buy frozen.

BARBARA even though you may not be feeling better physically, now at last  you seem to be getting proper medical attention to help you walk well again.

Yesterday I went to Sainsburys as usual and in the afternoon for the bus to town. Stood and waited for twenty minutes over time and as had appointment at chiropodists  came back home to order a taxi, just as I was walking back up the street the bus came and I waved it to stop, but it sailed by empty. Grrr.  I had to phone for a taxi!  So I went to new foot clinic as not had feet done for 2 years. Well it's all very shiny and modern, lady all gowned and masked - did my. nails,  rubbed with cream, took temperature or something of my feet, said great all well.  I do not think. I will bother going in there again.  If I feel that I cannot do feet myself I will get one chiropodist who comes to house.

I intended to paint my front gates today, but it's overcast and drizzle rain.
Pauline
Pauline
Admin
https://nifty-fifties.forumotion.com

Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:42 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 38 Oie_fr17  Good Morning Ladies.

I did manage to finish the couple of small garden jobs yesterday before I went shopping and in B & M I found the winter pansies I wanted, so they are ready to tackle the baskets next week.  I was out for about 5 hours and first visited B & M, then across the road to the shopping centre and to the bank to pay in the £10 won on the Age UK Lottery.  After that to Wilko, Savers, Poundland, Card Factory and finally Tescos.  Lots of shopping done and got everything I need for the buffet, plus other top up shopping and ended up with the trolley completely full, plus one bag on top of that, my usual bag and handbag hanging on the back of that and holding two bags with both hands that were also gripping the trolley handle and managed to get on and off of the bus and home without dropping anything.  After that lot I sat down first to have a coffee before getting all of the shopping away and then back to tackling more on the computer, so didn't get any further with the housework upstairs and that is being continued today, plus getting out all of the plates, cutlery, serving plates that will be needed for tomorrow.  I honestly don't think there is much cooking or food preparation I can get on with today, so will have to be up early tomorrow to cook and prepare the food ready for the get-together at midday.

Glad I did get those immediate garden jobs finished yesterday, because it has just started raining here and the garden does need it and the forecast doesn't look too good for the weekend, but pity we have lost the sun.

Jean, see you lost a post yesterday, but you got back here and that David is that much better with regard to the gout and hope you enjoyed the bowls and felt able to join in after the stomach upset seemed to clear.  Just seen your post this morning which arrived while I was typing this one and see your stomach is still being a bother and now a pain in the side, but do hope you are able to enjoy the 60th Anniversary tea at the club today. Yes rain here and you are waiting for it to ease before you take Coco for her walk.  When you were in Birmingham to see Dave Allen, it might have been a good idea to have had an hotel booked.  I think that when you are going to a city away from where you live to see an evening event, it is nice to be able to get a night's sleep locally before heading for home the next day.  

Dian, yes we thought would be a good idea for Aimie and Sean and hope they enjoy the break away and looking forward to seeing them all tomorrow.  I see you were glad you got the washing done the day before yesterday and got it dry as the rain arrived yesterday your way.  Got ours today.  That was nice you being able to get to the club on Wednesday (that was well attended) and enjoyed that and your s-i-l took you shopping afterwards so all slotted into place well.  Hope you managed to catch up with the housework yesterday - that is more than I did, so the remainder of upstairs I will deal with today.

Barbara, Yes it was hot here too Barbara, but looks as though that is the end of the sun for a while, with the rain arriving here this morning.  Having said all of that, the rain has just stopped here and the sun has come out and I have opened the patio door and everything is steaming once again and I can tell you that is no good for the arthritis.  I see you went for a walk yesterday with David and saw your neighbour on your return.  It definitely does sound like arthritis that you have that is causing a lot of your problems and all I can say is that you just have to persevere and keep moving.  Yesterday, all of the time I was out, the pain in my knees and hips was a problem, but managed everything I needed to do and was thankful to get home and then rest for a while.  I am sitting here at the moment and feel fine, but the minute I get up I can still feel the soreness in the knees and although I am fine sitting down, I know it is no good for me to sit down for too long - just a case of doing movement for short spells at a time.  I see that David went for another walk after that and Andrew was working hard as usual and expect he will be today also - how is the proposed flat purchase progressing for him?  Wondering if you got the cryptic crossword finished yesterday.

Two phone calls, one from Rachel with a query and then another one from her followed by speaking to Stephen.  Both busy and Rachel has taken on running a company called mypetgiftbox.com (also on Facebook) and at the moment they have boxes all over the house, so they have rented a garage nearby to store everything and Stephen has been busy installing racking and boxes for storage.  She has taken this on from someone else who has badly let down about 40 people, so her first job was to contact these people and return their money and let everyone know that the company was now under new ownership and ready to supply goods and giving the new phone number and details.  This is to try and build something for herself away from the exhausting work that she has to do for the company she works for and finally give up the present job and hope it works out well for her.  Stephen is also developing different side lines extra from the main work he does with his company.  Hope it works out for both of them, because they do need to look to the future and start taking life a bit easier.  Apparently the weekend I am going to spend with them I am going to attend an exhibition on the Sunday at the Telford International Centre dealing with this type of commerce, so perhaps the visit to Rockingham Castle to the Artisan Fair can be done on the Saturday.

Having started this early this morning I am now back at 12.30.

Rita you have posted during my disruptions and see you got the Sainsburys trip completed and then had to get to the chiropodists and what a nuisance after waiting for the bus and then seeing it approaching as you were returning back home, but driver ignored you signalling, so you had to get the taxi in the end.  Hope your feet appreciated the attention, but as you have said, if you need a chiropodist again, you might consider one of the home visits.  Rachel was the one who came up with that idea for Aimie and Sean - clever girl - and am sure they will enjoy that break.  You saying that you will probably stick to frozen veg in the end, it is reckoned that is far more healthy for everyone, because it is picked at peak condition, frozen immediately and doesn't get the bashing about that fresh veg does on its journey to the shops and apparently that causes quite a loss of the original goodness and vitamins.  I suppose the best veg is that we can grow ourselves if we have the room and I can remember Jojo's posts when she mentiioned harvesting their runner beans.  Definitely not the weather to paint your gate this morning, but here it has dried up again, so you might get a chance this afternoon.

Well I really must away now and get an early quick lunch and then finish off that housework upstairs and hope you all enjoy your Friday afternoon and evening.

Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:07 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 38 Fvlifi32 Grrr just went to post when computer went back to emails so lost it.Grrrrrr

Pauline that was a super shop you got done yesterday and great you got your winter pansies.Hope it all works out for Stephen and Rachel as they work so hard.

Jean sorry you had an upset stomach Enjoy your tea at your club and do hope the rain stopped

Rita sorry you missed your bus .....know the feeling......Yes would be more convenient to have the chiropodist call at your house.

Barbara good you managed a walk with David and nice to have a chat with your neighbour. Andrew busy as ever upstairs

Well we have rain so I better get used to it now.........have a good weekend ladies......fingers crossed this does not disappear into space
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:19 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

Well, that really was the last of the red hot weather yesterday although I still found it very humid this morning.  It's now a much more comfortable temperature.  I just don't want it to get too cold just yet.  I don't want much, do I!

David did the essential shopping early this morning and he's gone to the terrain this afternoon to play in the club session.  I hope he's winning all his games!  Andrew is working hard upstairs in our office, as per usual, only coming downstairs to make and eat his lunch.  David and I would've gone for our walk this morning but the forecast was for rain all day and I reasoned that if I was out when the rain arrived, I wouldn't be able to hurry back home.  As it happened, we've had no rain here at all today.  Oh well, there's always tomorrow!  To try and make up for it, I've been walking around the downstairs of the house.  A little exercise is better than none.  David will be picking up my prescription on his way home from Petanque and then hopefully my throat will be feeling much better once the catarrh is on the way out.  I had a go at tackling the cryptic crossword this afternoon and managed about half of it.  Usual story!

Jean, this morning you got the dog's coat on but when you opened the door, it was raining hard.  David suggested putting a rain coat on, but it was too much for that and so I hope you were able to try later.  You were off to a lovely afternoon tea with the bowls club this afternoon, (your treat for 60th present).  I'm sorry to hear that your stomach woke you up twice in the night, and now your side is thinking about being a nuisance with a little pain.  I hope you feel better soon.

Rita, yes, it's true that even though I'm not feeling better physically, I am at last seemingly getting proper medical attention to help me walk well again.

Yesterday you went to Sainsburys as usual and in the afternoon for the bus to town.  Stood and waited for twenty minutes over time and as had appointment at chiropodists came back home to order a taxi, just as you were walking back up the street the bus came and you waved it to stop, but it sailed by empty.  It's so annoying when that happens!  You had to phone for a taxi!  So you went to new foot clinic as not had feet done for 2 years. Well it was all very shiny and modern, lady all gowned and masked - did your nails, rubbed with cream, took temperature or something of your feet, said great all well.  You don't think you'll bother going in there again.  If you feel that you can't do feet yourself you'll get one chiropodist who comes to house.  You intended to paint your front gates today, but it's overcast and drizzle rain.

Pauline, you did manage to finish the couple of small garden jobs yesterday before going shopping and in B & M you found the winter pansies you wanted, so they are ready to tackle the baskets next week.  You were out for about 5 hours and first visited B & M, then across the road to the shopping centre and to the bank to pay in the £10 won on the Age UK Lottery.  After that to Wilko, Savers, Poundland, Card Factory and finally Tescos.  Lots of shopping done and got everything you need for the buffet, plus other top up shopping and ended up with the trolley completely full, plus one bag on top of that, your usual bag and handbag hanging on the back of that and holding two bags with both hands that were also gripping the trolley handle and managed to get on and off of the bus and home without dropping anything!  After that lot you sat down first to have a coffee before getting all of the shopping away and then back to tackling more on the computer, so didn't get any further with the housework upstairs and that is being continued today, plus getting out all of the plates, cutlery, serving plates that will be needed for tomorrow.  You honestly don't think there is much cooking or food preparation you can get on with today, so will have to be up early tomorrow to cook and prepare the food ready for the get-together at midday.  Glad you did get those immediate garden jobs finished yesterday, because as you were posting, it just started raining there and the garden does need it and the forecast doesn't look too good for the weekend, but pity you've lost the sun.

After the rain stopped, you opened the patio door and everything is steaming once again and you're so right that is no good for the arthritis.  Yes, I went for a walk yesterday with David and saw our neighbour on our return.  It definitely does sound like arthritis that I have that is causing a lot of my problems and I agree that I just have to persevere and keep moving.

Two phone calls, one from Rachel with a query and then another one from her followed by speaking to Stephen.  Both busy and Rachel has taken on running a company called mypetgiftbox.com (also on Facebook) and at the moment they have boxes all over the house, so they have rented a garage nearby to store everything and Stephen has been busy installing racking and boxes for storage.  She has taken this on from someone else who has badly let down about 40 people, so her first job was to contact these people and return their money and let everyone know that the company was now under new ownership and ready to supply goods and giving the new phone number and details.  This is to try and build something for herself away from the exhausting work that she has to do for the company she works for and finally give up the present job and hope it works out well for her.  Stephen is also developing different side lines extra from the main work he does with his company.  You hope it works out for both of them, because they do need to look to the future and start taking life a bit easier.  Apparently the weekend you're going to spend with them you're going to attend an exhibition on the Sunday at the Telford International Centre dealing with this type of commerce, so perhaps the visit to Rockingham Castle to the Artisan Fair can be done on the Saturday.  That all sounds very good!

Dian, you just went to post when computer went back to emails so lost it.  Isn't that so annoying!  Well you have rain so you know that you'd better get used to it now!  It's good that this post of yours didn't disappear into space!

Yes, I did enjoy the walk yesterday with David and it was nice to have a chat with our neighbour.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:00 am
It is quite muggy here. Went up the chemist to find they could not find my pills which they were delivering yesterday morning and came back to take Coco out.  Just do not know what the weather is doing.  Had a nice time out yesterday, the weather smiled on us between the showers.

Pauline I could not book a hotel all those years ago when I went to see Dave Allen.  Parents were looking after twins and would have been horrified if we had and anyway we did not have the money.  Glad the garden is going well.

Rita sorry about your outing.  David has the people to the house now, he cannot get there anyway. I should have had mine done at the diabetic clinic, two years since I went there.

Barbara glad you are getting better.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:40 am
Hello Everyone - Page 38 G_m_l_16Pauline enjoy your time with your family and so nice to be catching up with them all

Jean that was good you had a nice afternoon at the bowling. Hope your weekend goes well

Barbara hope David did win at the terrain yesterday. Do hope you manage out for your walk today with  David.  Have a nice weekend

Rita hope you also have a nice weekend

Well dull and overcast here so think we might have more rain. Granddaughter picking me up at 1.30 and taking me for lunch then back to her house.Looking forward to that .Now need to get a move on .Wishing you all a good weekend
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:43 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We're having a nice dry day here today but there's also a fairly cool breeze.  No sign of any rain so far.

David did the essential shopping early this morning and then we went out for a walk, with him supporting me with his helpful arm.  I still feel too nervous to walk on my own.  After lunch, he went to the terrain to play in the club session.  I do hope he's winning all his games!  Tomorrow he's playing in an all day competition in Vauxhall Pleasure Gardens, with Croydon and all the other London clubs (7 including Croydon) playing against each other.  Andrew is having a quiet day after his labours for his firm during this week!  After lunch, I walked a few times around the downstairs of the house and then did some work on my computer.  David picked up my prescriptions on his way home from the terrain yesterday.  There were 2 items - antihistamine tablets and a nasal spray.  I took the first doses of each one last evening and my throat has been a little better today.

Jean, your weather is quite muggy today.  You went up the chemist to find they could not find your pills which they were delivering yesterday morning and you came back to take Coco out.  You had a nice time out yesterday at the bowls club, and the weather smiled on you between the showers.

Dian, your weather is dull and overcast so think you might have more rain.  Your granddaughter picking you up at 1.30 and taking you for lunch then back to her house.  You're looking forward to that.  Now need to get a move on.

I expect Pauline is having a lovely time at her family gathering and I hope that Rita is having a good day.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:01 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 38 Ibuibn11    Hi Ladies, Just a quick look in as everyone has just left and I have to get some food put away (thankfully not a lot left) and I will be back in the morning to read all of your messages and post properly.  

Barbara and Rita, take no notice of that message on Facebook about me moving to Rugby, that was naughty Rachel getting on the keyboard while I was busy doing something else. I saw her sitting there giggling and knew she had been upto something and soon tracked that down.  No I am not moving to Rugby however hard Rachel keeps dropping hints  Wink.

Aimie and Sean were really happy with their gift and we all had a lovely day.

Enjoy your evening everyone and wishing you a peaceful night xx
Ritadonni
Ritadonni

Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:09 pm
Rather late looking in on here, glad to see you are all getting on OK, or as well as can be.

I could not  get going this morning. but this afternoon walked to local shop with my three wheeler trolley.  Got newspaper and cream meringues (I cannot resist a cream cake), so half hour to walk there and half hour back, I was tired, had some lunch and just sat on until had to go to bed and slept well.  Must be old age that I do not keep to normal sleeping pattern.

Roses and Alstromeria are still  blooming, but its time to buy pansies,  or winter flowers to replace pots of (which will move to shelter for wintertime). Pauline my gardening is at  stage of more or less keeping it tidy!

I hope you have all had a good day and will have a pleasant happy Sunday.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:18 pm
I give up in trying to get gif on as once again site playing up or maybe its me Sad

Pauline that  was good you all had a nice catch up together .See they want you to move to Rugby .Guess not your choice.

Jean hope your having a good day with no problems

Barbara do hope David does well with his games today which I am sure he will. Wise to keep walking round the house to strengthen the legs Good David got your prescription and you have used them and have felt better.Andrew having a quiet day.

Rita that was a good walk which you had.....well done. See you are looking for winter pansies.

I really had a nice day with granddaughter and catching up with all her news as she starts nursing.The vet gave a her a lovely good bye card and gifts also lovely cards from clients  I got a nice welcome from the greyhound too. On the way home we use  a country road but sadly there must have been a bad accident as road was shut off with police and fire engine. Must have just happened as they were just starting to redirect traffic...........Well feel old today as oldest son who lives in London turns 60 today. I would have liked to have visited London but afraid not really possible now with my walking. He will phone me later Now need to check which bin is out tomorrow. Have a good weekend all
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:00 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 38 4d2kzv10    Had a good sleep last night after a busy and enjoyable day yesterday with the family here and up fairly early this morning and had a lot of emails, surveys, etc., to catch up on, but all dealt with and out of the way and bit by but doing the washing up of the serving bowls and putting all of those items back in the cupboards where they are stored.  Now catching up with you all on here and your posts yesterday.   Also confirming once again that the message on Facebook yesterday about me moving to Rugby, was put there by that mischievous Rachel and no, I am not thinking of moving to Rugby

Well it was morning when I started this, but had a couple of phone calls and finished that washing up and now back after midday.

Dian, yes that was a big shop on Thursday and don't think I need to do a lot for the next week and still got plenty of sandwich fillings and items to use for main meals.  I did send Stephen off with the last two cornish pasties for his snacking and Rachel with a large bag of nibbles, because I certainly don't need to eat any further pastry items over the next few days!!  I see you computer played up on Friday after you getting a post ready and shot you back to emails, but you got here in the end and see the rain was back with you on Friday and it was dull again yesterday and you thought it might rain again, but you were looking forwad to your granddaughter picking you up and taking you for lunch and then back to her house and I expect you enjoyed that. Just seen your post for today and see you were having trouble again and not being able to get a gif on.  Take no notice of that message on Facebook about me moving to Rugby, you can see from above that was Rachel sneaking onto my computer and putting that on for a joke - there is always something she will get up to when she is here.  Definitely not thinking about that after all of that work and now enjoying the new kitchen.  In one way that is such a shame that your granddaughter has left the vet's, but so glad to read that she is among the brave ones that are starting nursing training and see you had a good catch up with her news.  See the journey home was difficult because looks as thought there had been a bad accident with the emergency services there.  That is the trouble our childrens' birthdays at our age, make us feel old and you would have liked to be in London for your oldest son's 60th, just not able to now with limited walking.  I was glad I managed to get my winter pansies ready for the baskets.

Barbara after rain on Friday and the sun yesterday it was still humid here last night and you noticed the humidity on Friday morning.  No we don't want it to get too cold too soon, because after all, we haven't really had a good summer, so a pleasant Autumn would be nice.  I see that you just did the walking around the house on Friday.  David did the essential shopping and then went to the terrain and Andrew was carrying on with his work.  Pleasant weather for you yesterday with a breeze and once David had done the shopping, you accompanied him on his walk and then he went later to the terrain and see that today he is playing with all of the London Clubs at Vauxhall and hope he does well.  Glad to read that the medication seems to be dealing with the sinus trouble for you and David picked up that prescription for you yesterday.  Just a reminder, that message on Facebook was Rachel's doing and I am not moving to Rugby!!!

Jean, another lot of missing medication that wasn't at the chemists and hope that gets sorted.  Yes the weather was nice yesterday and I honestly didn't expect all of that sunshine, but it made for a pleasant day with the family here - sitting at times in the garden and Hunter and Kylian playing out there.  I can understand you not being able to afford an hotel when you and David were younger and your parents wouldn't have liked you staying away long and that is why Rachel came up with that idea for Aimie and Sean - giving them a break away with a stay overnight.  

Rita, repeating again for you - no move to Rugby for me, just mischievous Rachel up to no good.  No reason to keep to normal sleeping patterns as we get older and just do what our body is telling us and see you wore yourself out with that walk to your local shop (which isn't so local - not like mine 2 minutes across the road) and then back again and glad to read you enjoyed that cream cake after getting home and then had a good rest.  I have a nice slice of choc gateaux to eat today and then all of the naughty things will be out of my way.  My roses are still blooming well and the alstromerias are coming up again (they did get a bit squashed this year with the honeysuckle drooping down on them, but that is one thing that I got sorted with that last lot of gardening and as you can see from above, I did get my winter pansies - 20 of them in good mixed colours for £3, from B & M.  Made it a bit difficult getting all of the shopping home with them too, but didn't dare ignore the fact they were in, so got them while they were available.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend ladies and think I need a quick tidy up and vacuum around downstairs again to get things back in order and then there are a couple of phone calls I need to make.
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:36 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We've had some sunshine here today but it's mostly been cloudy but not cold and there's been no rain.

David went out early this morning to buy a newspaper. He was disappointed about today's competition, though, as there was some sort of mix up between the organisers. It's all a bit of a mystery but it didn't take place. He had a phone call fairly late last evening, saying that the competition had been cancelled but no one seemed to know why. Unfortunately, one of the other London clubs for some reason didn't get the message about it being cancelled and they all turned up at Vauxhall ready to play! In all the years I played Petanque, and with David still playing now, this is the first time that there's been such an unfortunate occurrence and I hope it's the last! It's good that David was able to go to the Croydon club to play in the morning session, as otherwise he'd have been even more disappointed. He's now watching a Western on the TV. Andrew has had another quiet day but will be back to the "coal face" tomorrow! I've had a quiet day too. I've been feeling a bit sick but think the antihistamine tablets may have something to do with it. I'm going to get on the phone - again - to the GP at the usual time of 8am tomorrow to discuss the tablets and another couple of matters with him. Wish me luck in even getting through to the surgery!

Pauline, I see that Rachel was being mischievous yesterday, posting on Facebook that you're moving to Rugby! Was that a hint? Very Happy

You had a good sleep last night after a busy and enjoyable day yesterday with the family and up fairly early this morning and had a lot of emails, surveys, etc., to catch up on, but all dealt with and out of the way and bit by but doing the washing up of the serving bowls and putting all of those items back in the cupboards where they are stored. Well it was morning when you started this, but had a couple of phone calls and finished that washing up and now back after midday. You have a nice slice of choc gateaux to eat today and then all of the naughty things will be out of your way! Your roses are still blooming well and the alstromerias are coming up again (they did get a bit squashed this year with the honeysuckle drooping down on them, but that is one thing that you got sorted with that last lot of gardening and you did get your winter pansies - 20 of them in good mixed colours for £3, from B & M. Made it a bit difficult getting all of the shopping home with them too, but didn't dare ignore the fact they were in, so got them while they were available.

Rita, you couldn't get going this morning. but this afternoon walked to local shop with your three wheeler trolley. Got newspaper and cream meringues (you can't resist a cream cake), so half hour to walk there and half hour back, you were tired, had some lunch and just sat on until had to go to bed and I'm glad you slept well. Roses and Alstromeria are still blooming, but its time to buy pansies, or winter flowers to replace pots of (which will move to shelter for wintertime).

Dian, I'm glad you had a really nice day with granddaughter and catching up with all her news as she starts nursing. The vet gave a her a lovely good bye card and gifts also lovely cards from clients. You got a nice welcome from the greyhound too. On the way home you use a country road but sadly there must have been a bad accident as road was shut off with police and fire engine. Must have just happened as they were just starting to redirect traffic. Your oldest son who lives in London turns 60 today. You'd have liked to have visited London but afraid not really possible now with your walking. He'll phone you later. Now you needed to check which bin is out tomorrow.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ritadonni
Ritadonni

Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:32 pm
I posted on here earlier but see it has not come through. Best wishes.
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:16 am
Hello Everyone - Page 38 81323112    Good Morning Everyone.

After putting those items away and just generally tidying up it got very dull and miserable looking outside so decided on an easy and restful day and watched two dvds from the collection I hadn't seen yet, then caught up with some recorded t v ready to watch Endeavour and Vigil and managed to settled down at a reasonable time last night.

Today a couple more phone calls to make, order the prescription on line and see if that works again and I just might try and get a couple of the baskets sorted for the winter, but then it is off to the club at midday and hopefully there might be more people there than last week.

Rita, sorry you lost your post and hope you enjoyed your weekend and it went well except for the hiccup on here.

Barbara, what a shame there was that mix up with regard to the Vauxhall games and David with his club members and one more club arrived there to find the event had been cancelled, but at least he managed to get in his games at the local club, so ended up coming home and watching a western on tv.  I hope Andrew had a restful weekend and see you had a quiet one and wish you luck with trying to get through to your surgery this morning.  It might be the new medication that left you feeling slightly sick, but best to find out about that.  Yes definitely a hint about me moving to Rugby, but they both understand that I enjoy being here and getting on with the jobs around my house and garden, while I am still able to, plus friends and clubs are here.

Expect you will be posting later Dian and Jean and hope all of you enjoyed your weekend.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:04 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 38 Gal_mu17 Pauline good you had a nice relaxing day for a change and caught up with your tv viewing .Good you are happy where you are and handy for your clubs.

Jean hope your having a nice day and all are feeling ok

Rita know how you feel when post disappears into cyber space Sad

Overcast but dry so have potted up 2 plants into larger containers. Just popped in from the back when the phone rang. It was the Doctors surgery saying Doctor wants to see me about my bloods so an appointment made for WED.....grrrrr always something. Off now for a cuppa.
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:25 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We're having fairly good weather here at the moment but could do with some more sunshine.  However, it's not at all cold.  Unfortunately we're forecast thunderstorms for all day tomorrow.  After that, we're supposed to be going back to dry weather.

David did the essential shopping early this morning and then went out to do some other shopping that he couldn't get earlier.  He also went to the surgery for me to collect some items for a test I need to have.  He'll take the sample into the surgery tomorrow morning ready for it to be collected by a courier and taken to the lab at the local hospital.  Andrew is once again working hard upstairs in our office, only coming downstairs to make and eat his lunch.  This morning, I had a phone consultation with one of our GPs, who gave me some helpful advice and sent a prescription for me to our local pharmacy.  He advised me to discontinue the tablets that may have made me feel sick.  I've also been walking around downstairs a great deal to try and strengthen my legs.

Rita, sorry to hear that your post didn't make it into here.  It's so annoying when that happens!

Pauline, after putting some items away and just generally tidying up it got very dull and miserable looking outside so decided on an easy and restful day and watched two dvds from the collection you hadn't seen yet, then caught up with some recorded t v ready to watch Endeavour and Vigil and managed to settled down at a reasonable time last night.  You must've been glad of the relatively restful time.  Today a couple more phone calls to make, order the prescription on line and see if that works again and you just might try and get a couple of the baskets sorted for the winter, but then it is off to the club at midday and I hope there were more people there than last week.

Yes, that was a dreadful mix up about the competition in Vauxhall Gardens on Sunday but luckily, David's club had a message late on Saturday evening to say that the event had been cancelled.  It was members from one of the other London clubs that turned up on the day, only to be disappointed.

Dian, your weather today is overcast but dry so have potted up 2 plants into larger containers. Just popped in from the back when the phone rang.  It was the Doctors surgery saying Doctor wants to see you about your bloods so an appointment made for WED.  Always something.  I hope all is well.

I hope that all is well with Jean and David.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ritadonni
Ritadonni

Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:25 pm
This will be very short in case I get booted off!

Pauline, How did your meeting go, were there very many there? Did you have a good catch up with those you had  not seen for a while? Then maybe put your feet up and watched tv when you got home?

Dian, you wll be wondering, and I hope not worrying, about why you need to talk to your Doctor about your recent blood test. One good thing is that you are getting some attention in these difficult times.

Jean, I hope all is well with you and David, did you get out in the car today?  I know Monday used to be your day out.

Barbara, I do hope that your walking and other problems bless, are easing for you, thank goodness you are now getting some medical attention.  That was a mix up at David's bowls, so many disappointed. Is Andrew still house hunting?

I am feeling very tired, but satisfied and pleased with myself. I have managed to complete painting my small front gate. Walking stick in one hand and painting gate with right hand.  Put one coat on this morning and second about 4 this afternoon.  it's very cloudy so I am hoping it will not rain.

Yesterday I enjoyed company of my niece and her friend as we went to local pub for a roast dinner then back here for eclairs and cuppa.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:07 am
Hello Everyone - Page 38 Eviffi28.Pauline hope you got your winter baskets potted up. Hope more people turned up at  your club and you all had a good time and catch up.

Barbara wonder if you got your thunderstorms .Hope not. David shopped twice in the morning also collected items for you for tests which you need to have. Good you also had a phone talk with your Doctor who gave you good advice and sent a prescription to your local pharmacy. Also told you to discontinue the tablets which did not agree with you  . Wise that your walking around the house to strengthen your legs. Andrew busy as ever working upstairs.

Jean hope your having a good day with no problems

Rita that was a nice outing with your niece and her friend for a nice lunch .Great you also got your gate painted. Well done you

Wet morning and chilly. Pleased got  2 plants potted up yesterday. Have a good day ladies
Ritadonni
Ritadonni

Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:41 am
I am shattered. So stiff and achy, painting the gate was a bit too much for me. but it is done before the heavy rain today. I don't think I will ever manage to do the drive gates,  but tomorrow is another day....

My niece was on line, she has gone to Warwick for a few days, not been there before but as she is on holiday leave from work she is staying there on way to her friends, hope the rain clears.
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:41 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 38 Autumn10  Good Afternoon Ladies.  On here after a lot of long phone calls this morning and also last evening when I got home, arising from the club yesterday.  Discussion held with 16 people attending, including Age Uk Rep Ken, and vote was taken that nobody wished to wind down the club and all wanted it to continue, so a meeting has been arranged for Mon 4th October, giving Mike (present non attending Treasurer) plenty of time to be aware of this and although we know he won't be there (not having had his jabs), he does have the chance to contact one of the officers during the meeting by phone.

We have all become aware that he is trying to cause division and trouble between existing members and officers and threatening to give the money to charity, which he says are the words in the constitution if the club is wound down.  Now the club isn't being wound down, but he just might try and insist that it is and all are worried that the money (which is nearly £7,000) needs to be handed over.  After taking shorthand notes of the discussion I was asked if I had a copy of all of the AGM Minutes that I had ever taken and said that I had and came home and found them. 

In all of them it is agreed that there is no alteration to the Constitution and it stands as it is, but the strange thing is that the copy of it that Ken held from the first AGM of that club (I wasn't a member at that time, so don't know what went on at that first AGM) is different from the copy that Margaret (now resigned chair) had been given by Mike when she took over as chair and which Kathy deputy chair and her were studying yesterday.   Now as this is supposed to have never been altered and adopted as it stands each following year, then it does look as though the alteration just might have been done by Mike.  Looks as though our Treasurer has been very sly on the quiet and started altering things to how he wanted them. 

Unfortunately Lesley our Secretary has never been into computer work, so all work has really slid into his hands i.e every AGM I have taken the Minutes for, I have had to email the copy to him and not the Secretary and I have never really been happy with how other officers have felt pushed out. It is glaringly obvious that Mike has now been able to manipulate everything the way he wishes.  Now he has done a lot of good things for the club, but has become very dictatorial and controlling, plus the fact he refuses to have the vaccine jabs unless they are brought to him at his home  Rolling Eyes, so this has now got to be faced and sorted out. No quiet life for any of the officers for a while and I have got to be ready with my shorthand notebook and sharpened pencils ready for that meeting and then type up those Minutes!!!

Yesterday there had to be a quick sort out of who would be willing to be officers again prior to the meeting on the 4th October, but that is one thing I put the bar up at - I will take the Minutes, but refuse to take on any further responsibility of being an officer - have done a lot of that type of thing over the last 40 years since moving to Northampton plus doing my working life jobs, but feel that I now need to stop all of that and get on with things that I need to do for myself home here.

Rita, as you can see from above there was no chance for me to rest or put my feet up after that meeting yesterday - more trouble for the club officers to sort out and more Minutes for me to take soon, so no it wasn't a pleasant afternoon at the club and my potting up is still waiting to be done.  Tomorrow I have promised to pop over and see friend Anne as it is her birthday the day after, so even if the weather is good I don't think there will be any further time for me in the garden until Thursday.  I bet you are still shattered after that work yesterday with the gate painting and definitely no chance today so far to deal with the driveway gates, because of the rain, but lucky what you did yesterday all managed to dry before the rain arrived.  I reckon you managed that so well holding onto the walking stick at the same time as painting with the other hand.  Warwick is a pleasant place to visit and hope Sue enjoys it on her way to visit her friend during her leave from work and also I see you enjoyed the pub lunch out with Sue and her friend.

Dian, as you can see from above, the club was definitely not relaxing, but a problem that has to be sorted if we are all to enjoy the club once again and the outings we used to have.  You managed to get some potting up done as although it was dull, the day stayed dry yesterday, then you got a phone call from the doctor about the blood results and now you have got an appointment on Wednesday with him.  Not something to look forward to, but good that you have got that speedy attention.  See it is a wet chilly morning your way today and the same here, so you are pleased you got that potting up done yesterday and that is more than I managed to do - the pansies are still waiting.

Barbara see it was fairly pleasant weather for you yesterday and reckon the forecast for your way today might be right and you have ended up with plenty of rain like we have here.  David got the shopping done and then collected what you need for the test from the surgery and today is taking the sample back there ready for collection by courier to go to the lab.  I see you managed to have a phone call with your GP and he was sending a prescription for you and advised you to leave off the medication that was making you feel sick.  Andrew working hard as usual during this week.

Jean I hope that you and David are okay, as we haven't heard from you, but as Rita has mentioned, it might have been because you were both out yesterday for a trip, knowing that Mondays was the day you usually choose to go somewhere.

Must away now ladies and do a bit of tidying of current paperwork.  Have a good day all of you, even if the weather is bad.
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:58 pm
Somehow I have not got a post from nifties so have looked bad, must be me.

Well today it is raining hard and David insisted on going up the docs because he is worried about this prescription being wrong, so guess who took it in there.  Got out of the car and walked through a puddle not there when we parked, it came over my ankle.  Handed the prescription in saying it should be 5ml and not l and a half, so she took it away and it should be sorted. do not hold your breath.

Then came back, changed out of wet clothes and fell over!!!!!  Do not think there is any damage done.

Rita, David cannot go far at the moment, out of breath etc.  Scary for me as he will not let anyone help him. he is having that echo next Wed and I got my pills from the chemist, 112 instead of 56, is everyone not capable of doing their job now?

Dian no blood tests here at the moment and for us no flu jabs either.

Barbara that sounded a right mix up at David's club.  I expect ours will be like that on Thursday, they have put up the rent, we either have to put the fees up or pack it in.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum