Nifty Fifties Plus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Pauline
Pauline
Admin
https://nifty-fifties.forumotion.com

Hello Everyone - Page 39 Empty Re: Hello Everyone

Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:52 am
Hello Everyone - Page 39 Hi_l_s10    Good Morning Ladies.

After all of that stress and sorting through paperwork and phone calls from Monday evening round to last evening I felt quite worn out, but knowing that Margaret (who lives on the other side of the town) is going to be at the centre tomorrow for hair appointment, I came up with the idea that Lesley and Kathy could meet her and they should go into the bank with the paying in book that Lesley has and all their identities, possibly passports to prove who they are, explain the situation, tell the bank there is a meeting arranged for 4th October when all would be sorted and officers appointed and to ask the bank (TSB) to freeze the account for the time being so that no money can go in or out of that (which means that Mike cannot switch any money from there in the meantime).  I phoned Ken of Age UK and told him about my suggestion and he thinks that is the best move, so at least got something sorted because I know that the three ladies were very worried that Mike would make a move like that.  In the meantime Mike has confirmed to Ken that he won't be returning, but he has definitely caused as much upset as he can with phone calls to certain club members telling them not to return because it will not be the same club, which is completely untrue.  Why he has acted in this way is a mystery to all of us, but that is the situation.  

Anyway today I am clearing up the paperwork that I had to get out, finish typing the points raised at the meeting on Monday and then off to visit friend Ann and get a break from all of it. There is plenty of noise and digging up going on along the bank outside with this new broadband installation and will be glad to get away from that.  On the way back from Anne I will call in and see if my prescription is ready at Boots and if any items, I haven't been able to get during shopping recently, are in the shops - still I cannot find that laundry liquid for dark clothes. Also think I had better get one more tray of pansies from B & M.

Jean that wasn't a good day for you yesterday and do hope you aren't suffering because of that fall yesterday.  Lots of muddles for you to sort out again with regard to your surgery and as you say, can't anyone get their jobs done correctly these days.  Same here, no flu jab info from surgery.

I caught up with you other ladies yesterday and hope you all enjoy your Wednesday.
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:04 am
This morning  I went down to Sainsburys to find  only one check out open.  David has run out of marg and just cannot get the hang of putting the item on a list.!!  Then got some toys for Mason and Oscar as they say there is going to be a shortage of them and everything around Xmas.

Last night had four calls from the surgery whilst doing dinner.  David cannot get there soon enough, and it turned out that they want him to go for a blood test. and I thought there were no tubes available.  The man said he will not be there until Thursday so why ring yesterday?  At the moment David is not having it as he goes to that scan next Wed.......................
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:31 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 39 7fw3im36 Pauline so sorry you are now having such a bother with the Monday club which you could well do without.do Hope it all gets sorted out with not too much trouble .That was smart of you to freeze account till it is all sorted.

Jean good you managed to get the toys you wanted ....wise. hope David gets his blood test and sorted Hope his scan goes well

Barbara do hope your day has gone well .I am sure David and Andrew will be busy as ever

Rita no wonder you were shattered after that painting of the gate .Hope your niece enjoys her break

I enjoyed my morning at the WED club and won 3 games at Bingo.......S_I_L picked me up after the club and took me for a shop then took me to Doctors. They want me to go for tests  so not sure what is going on. Turned out a nice sunny warm day.
Ritadonni
Ritadonni

Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:34 pm
Hi Ladies, rain has stopped.

PAULINE, What an upsetting start to your Club  and  good that you and other ladies are now wary and will keep a watchful eye on everything.  Nothing is ever straightforward and relaxing as  a Club should be, instead you have  to be constantly "on your toes".  Not all are as capable/caring as you.

DIAN. Will you have to go to Dr surgery or hospital for tests?  I guess that means more appointments and then waiting around for results.    Will you be having many Autumn bulbs, pansies in your Garden?  I will try to get pansies, a few to put in pots and  few in between plants.  Not much as I will not be bothering  to do anything else in garden, (if weeds are green then it will be colorful) haha!

JEAN! I think you are right in saying  that  standards have dropped for shops etc, no one seems bothered getting things done well.   I have a mix up with my eyedrops,, chemist says I should go to a Doctors to sort it out, I will try writing.     You are wise getting Xmas gifts early as cannot be sure of them being available later on.

BARBARA, I do hope you got your medication and that you are feeling some relief of pain and can walk better  Do you have Sticks?  I find my  walker so helpful, wish now that I had bought one that converts to a seat on top, so good to rest on, if waiting in a queue anywhere.

I feel better myself today,  just lazed around tho, apart from going to the shop this afternoon as I needed milk, and of course could not resist buying creamy chocolate eclair.   I tell myself to stop eating  sweet - but cannot resist a cream cake - no will power!
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:28 am
Rita glad you are fine. My friend in Canada says they are stopping the ambulances getting into the hospitals, they should all be locked up.

Went up the docs to say we would be there from between 10am and lpm today for that phone call, why should we hang on the phone here?  Explained that David could not get to the home phone quickly and to let it ring................we shall see.  Also had to take a toy back as could not get it to go, and got a gift card for £8. and they had charged me too much for the bear.

Off to bowls this afternoon.

Dian where did you go for the blood tests?

Pauline nice day out there for the garden.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:43 am
[b]Hello Everyone - Page 39 G_m_l_17 Pauline hope you had a nice time with Ann and could forget about all the hassle that man has caused you and the club.

Jean got bloods taken at Doctors last week. Hope you enjoy the bowling. Good you got the toy refunded. Hope David feeling a bit better

Rita no pansies so far but will look out for them. Yes will be a nuisance going back and forward for tests grrr such is life .

Barbara do hope you are feeling a lot better.No doubt David and Andrew will be busy as ever .

Quite a nice morning so far so just going to put out a small washing and hope it stays dry. Have a good day ladies
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:38 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 39 Tvnskd10  Hi Ladies.

It was nice to escape yesterday when I went to see Ann from all of the noise outside with the diggers and drills.  Had a cuppa and a good chat with her and she had some shopping to do in the centre so gave me a lift back to there and first I went into Boots and the prescription was ready to pick up, did a small amount of shopping after that (things like fresh milk I needed), then over to B & M and bought the other tray of pansies that I needed and walked home.  That was about 4.45 and I thought it looked as though the work outside the house was being packed up for the day, but oh no, that went on until after 7 in the evening.  This morning they started again about 9 and that went on until 1.30 and now they are working a bit further along the road. All I kept seeing this morning was the shovel of the digger appearing above the height of my fence and going past it 6 inches away, so there was me sitting here with fingers crossed that they were going to miss the fence - fortunately all seems intact outside, except for holes dug everywhere and some filled in, so there will be muddy patches everywhere when it rains and probably during all of the winter until the grass and weeds start growing again on those areas. Margaret said to me last evening on the phone, that they had left a real mess on her side of the town.  Anyway I told her, Lesley and Kathy that Ken of Age UK thought that was a good idea about the bank account and Margaret and Lesley are going into TSB today and sorting it all out - taking their id with them - getting the account frozen for the time being and hopefully they will find out what is actually left in the account.  Margaret might let me know later when she phones, what went on.

I have been sorting out work on the computer all of this morning and I have got that typing done of the informal discussion on Monday,  caught up with the emails and surveys, plus I have to confess I have been ordering some items from Ace Catalogue - earlier in the year I ordered some firm control panties and they were really good, so ordered a further couple of multi packs of them, pyjama bottoms, 2 sets of fleecy pyjamas (for the winter), two jumbo towels I needed, pair of boots in a different colour from what I already have and a couple of other items.  Most of the items were at a reduced price but the total came to an amount where I get the delivery free of charge, so happy with all of that.  It  has now gone 3.15, so after this I hope to get a couple of hours in the garden and perhaps get some of the baskets sorted and hopefully it will be more peaceful to work out there, better than this morning.

Jean see you were busy yesterday with visits to the shops, but have had to take one of the toys back today and also get a refund for an overcharge.  I have seen a lot of people already shopping for toys and Christmas items in B & M, because of this threat of shortages for the Christmas period.  Quite a few phone calls from the surgery in the evening, wanting David to go for a blood test and you went to the surgery early to tell them that the phone call that you were supposed to be receiving today should be made between 10a.m and 1p.m and you asked them to keep it ringing for quite a while to give David time to get to the phone - hope they follow those instructions, because I see you will be out at bowls this afternoon.  Yes it is nice weather and hopefully I will get to the garden next.

Dian, that muddle with regard to the club really did give me a headache, but looks as though my idea of freezing the bank account was the best thing to do and I just hope we are now on the way to getting it up and running smoothly again.  I certainly did enjoy that catch up with Ann yesterday. Good to read you enjoyed your morning at the Wednesday club where you won 3 of the bingo games.  I see your s-i-l picked you up from there and took you shopping and then to the doctors where you found out they want you to have some test, but you don't know what for - hope it is nothing serious.  So far it is nice weather today and hope you get the small amount of washing dry.

Rita, you are so right about that being upsetting with the club wanting to start up again and finding all of these problems and because of the Treasurer's attitude we have started to become aware of more upsets he has caused and quite a few discrepancies with his balance sheets from previous years.  I just hope it can all be sorted out at the meeting planned for the 4th October, taking into account that he has confirmed to Ken of Age UK that he won't be returning.  Apparently it took poor Ken an hour and a half phone call speaking to him and of course, during that phone call it was mostly about him and complaining about everyone else.  None of us know why he has turned out like that since the lockdown, but it is what it is and looks as though we will be glad to be rid of him.  I had to laugh about your shopping trip yesterday during a lazy day (and you certainly deserve them) about your chocolate eclair and got to admit that when I did that big shop with Tescos, I came home with a pack of two custard tarts, which I should have avoided.  This week I have been clearing up the salad items left from last weekend and trying to have those with sensible things, but there were a few sausage rolls left!!!

Barbara I hope yesterday went well for you and also today and that the weather is as pleasant your way as it is here.  Probably that has allowed you to get out for some further walks with David's help.

Must away ladies and finally get to the garden now it is peaceful outside and hope you enjoy the rest of your day.  
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:42 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

I'm sorry not to have been in here for a couple of days. I'm OK, though still very much incapacitated, but have been busy in a good way, one of them being a visit from my sister yesterday. I've also been having more walks with David's help.

I hope to post more tomorrow.

Hope all is well with everyone.

Stay safe and well, everyone!

Lots of love from me to all!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:40 am
That chemist at the doctors phoned yesterday and they agreed a further blood test in three months and then we got a letter from the consultant saying he wanted this and that test so this morning at 8am duly rang the docs about this.  It took 45 minutes to get through, the upshot of which is that his doctor is ringing him after 3pm this afternoon.  He is not sleeping well and this is to do with the parathyroid, which was not bad enough for him to be seen so waiting for that.

Bowls was ok yesterday and they will be putting up the fee at the annual meeting.

Rang the vets for some more steroids for Coco and have to collect them in the morning.  The vets do not let many people in there and take your temperature, unlike the docs.

The sun is shining so dog outing.
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:10 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 39 Rs4vsf12  I can certainly put on some Autumn gifs now, as my garden is getting covered with leaves.

Yesterday I managed to get some garden jobs done and started by transplanting a lot of foxglove plants that had shot up in planters where they shouldn't be, plus the same with antirhinum seedlings and put them in empty pots.  Removed all of the begonias from the baskets which are still blooming so well and have put them in spare planters to give a good display until the frost arrives and today will do the same with the busy lizzies and sort out the overload of creeping jenny that tends to take over in the baskets.  After clearing all of the baskets I can then get the pansies in for the winter and I have started to make good use of the compost and a lot of the potting fibre that I sieved through last year.  The robin was keeping me company yesterday and I have also got up another lot of asiatic lily bulbs and want to finish that lot today and get them settled in a large planter for the winter.

Margaret phoned me this morning to confirm that she and Lesley went into the bank and explained all of the situation and the bank gave them several sheets of paperwork to fill in and marked the spaces they had left that need to be filled in, but that has all got to be done on 4th October at formal meeting, once new officers are appointed and they are going to send a copy of the last statements to Margaret.  Anyway that has started the ball rolling with regard to getting the club up and running smoothly again.  She did take a call from Michael yesterday evening, but of course it was all about him and he is still waffling away about whether he should have the vaccine or not and told her a completely different story from that which he told Ken of Age UK and never confirmed to her that he would be handing over the paperwork.  Also with regard to the Wednesday and Thursday clubs apparently he still has the funds with him and there never was a bank account for them - totally unsatisfactory, but at least we know the Monday club is on the way to being sorted.

Barbara that was nice getting a visit from your sister and although you are still incapacitated you are doing your best to keep moving and getting in the walks with David's help.  With regard to arthritis it is just a case of perseverance, however painful it might be.  

Jean, such a lot for you to sort out with all of the phone calls with regard to the treatment for David, besides keeping control of your own medication and checkups.  I see he has to wait for a phone call from the docs today with regard to the letter he got from the consultant asking for different tests and tackle the problem about him still not sleeping well.  Yes it is quite pleasant weather now, but about 6.45 this morning it was grey with a strong cold breeze, but it has improved, so it is garden work again for me and see you were off to give Coco her walk.

Dian I expect you will be posting later and wondering if you, Rita, went to Sainsburys yesterday.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:44 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 39 7sevta22 Not quite evening but not far off Smile
Pauline busy as ever in the garden  and good all nearly sorted for the Monday club. Pleased to say not many leaves down yet in back garden but know will not be too long now before they arrive .

Barbara sorry you are still not able to get about on your own but great David does help you for walking. that was nice having visit from your sister. Would cheer you up Andrew I am sure will be busy as ever.

Jean what a run around you get at your Doctors surgery Hope David has a better night tonight .Good getting  Cocos steroids from vets .Coco would enjoy her outing. 90099]24]Good you got bowling[/b]

Daughter picked me up at 9am and took me to building society then we picked my friend up .We went to large shopping complex where we shopped in several stores then we had lunch then home Really enjoyed the day out
[/size]
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:47 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We've had more lovely sunshine here today but the sky has just clouded over.  The sunshine was good while it lasted!

David did the essential shopping early this morning.  This afternoon, he went to a local pharmacy and had his flu jab.  He's going to help me walk to the pharmacy, possibly tomorrow, and then we've both had the jabs.  After that, he went to the terrain to play in the club session.  Unfortunately, he only had a 50% success rate, having won 2 and lost 2.  Andrew is working hard once again upstairs in our office, only coming downstairs to make and eat his lunch.  I've had quite a disappointing day, as I phoned the GP surgery early this morning, to request a telephone consultation, but missed the call this afternoon, having gone to the loo and not had my phone with me.  My mistake!

I hope that Rita is all right.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ritadonni
Ritadonni

Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:45 pm
I wrote at length then lost it. Was fed up so left and got on with other things. Now trying again, short version.

Pauline, you are busier than ever in your garden, whatever the season there is always work to be done and your Robin keeps close to you watching for tasty morsels.  I hope you and friends will find that all is sorted for the Club and that you can look forward to happy get-togethers.

Dian, it was good that you and daughter  and your friend enjoyed a day round the shops and meal after. Having cheery company makes such a pleasant day.

Jean,  what a carry on you have at your Drs and hospital, seems like "the right hand does not know what the left hand is doing"?  It is so confusing.   It seems that your Vet for Coco has all safety precautions taken.

Barbara, it is so very frustrating, you stayed by the phone and the minute you moved away it  rang, grrrr. Why don't they try again but probably the Dr goes straight on to make another call. It would be cheering for you having a visit from your sister.

Well Thursday I did go to Sainsburys and everyone was ready and got on the bus to return home but one lady was very late, the driver went to look for her, she finds it difficult to get round the shop in an hour.  As usual after my lunch I dozed off in my chair and at night couldnt sleep and so was up watching TV recordings at 3a.m.
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:15 am
Hello Everyone - Page 39 Nsbtxe10  Good morning Ladies.  I have dealt with the emails, etc., and had breakfast, so it is back to the garden after posting this. Nice and sunny out there, but a very misty start and was a typical September morning.  Yesterday I managed to sort out the plants on the shelving and have got the geraniums and fuchsias on one set and all of the begonias and busy lizzies on the other - they will last until the frost gets at them and I will protect the fuchsias as usual, but quite honestly don't think I will give myself the bother of cutting back, repotting and bringing in the geraniums - cutting down on the work I give myself.  Having done all of the transferring of plants out of the baskets and tidying that creeping jenny in them that does tend to take over, I at last got one lot of pansies in one basket and want to finish the other 7 today.

Jean, hope that phone call came through for David and expect you are out with Coco for her walk already - nice weather for it.

Dian, I see you enjoyed another day out when your daughter picked you up - got the Building Society visit out of the way first and then picked up your friend and off to a large shopping complex where you all did quite a bit of shopping and enjoyed a lunch while there.

Barbara, I suppose you missing that phone call means you have got to start all over again and does that mean you will have to wait until Monday, or is your surgery open on Saturday mornings?  See David has received his flu jab and you hope to get yours with his help.

Rita, You all being held up on the bus back from Sainsbury's, really it must be a very hard job to get around the store in just under and hour and through the checkout too.  I know I don't think I could do that at their large Sixfields store in Northampton and that is why I am glad that if I decide to go there, the 5 bus stop is right near me and takes me to just outside their store - does take over 50 minutes journey though, but good time to read on that journey.  I hope you have managed to find some pansies and I am not sure if you can get to your nearest B & M, but they do have them in.  Yes more garden work for me today and happy that more has been sorted out towards the smooth running of one of the clubs, at least.  Even though your sleep patterns are topsy turvy, you do have the recorded programmes to watch during the early hours.

Enjoy your Saturday ladies.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:30 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 39 Hwfqtq15 Pauline well you certainly are on top with the garden with all the work you have put in.I bought 3 plants yesterday and told myself no more but of course could not resist so will need to get on and get a new home for them....

Barbara that was so annoying missing the Doctors call.......sods law ....grrrr.....Hope you do manage to catch up with it. That is good David has got his flu jab and will take you to have yours.See David did not win all his games but taking part is the best bit. Andrew busy as ever upstairs .Wonder how his flat search is doing.

Rita know just how you feel when you loose a long post. Sad An hour really is not long enough for a weekly shop especially when you know you only have that time .I think it is best to get up when you cannot get to sleep.Can be so annoying

Jean hope your having a good day with no problems and do hope David is feeling a bit better.

Well at least it is dry so going to go and hopefully get the back grass cut and hope it is its last one but somehow think not  grrr. I did get some paper work up to date and spent a good time shredding. Have a good weekend ladies
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:25 am
Hello Everyone - Page 39 Rwafwy11  Good Morning All.

Looks as though rain is expected today, so I am going to try and get into the garden early and clear some of the branches that have been laying drying and get them into the incinerator before they get soaked, as yesterday I burnt all of the cuttings that were in there early evening and now just left with a small amount of ash.  I would also like to cut the grass, but don't think I will be able to fit that in before the rain arrives.  All of the baskets have been completed and in fact, I made a new one up which now means I have 2 half moon ones, 6 large round ones and one smaller round one.  I have about 7 pansies left over and they can go in planters as I gradually get them ready for the winter.  I have got up all of the asiatic lily bulbs and they are covered at the moment to get the damp earth off of them and I want to clear and sieve the earth/fibre they came out of to make sure there are none of the lily beetle larvae in it.  All of the composting, burning and sieving is quite a bit of work, but you do get a healthier garden because of it. Digging up weeds is also time consuming, but much better than using the weed sprays, which are so harmful. My biggest moan, is that having cut out the slug/snail bait (which is supposed to be banned from Spring next year) I have had so many of those to find and get rid of.

Dian I see that you bought 3 more plants on Friday while you were out, even though you keep telling yourself no more and I have been nearly tempted to get one of those Bottle Bushes, but talked myself out of it and closed down the advert on the computer.  You were hoping to get the grass cut yesterday and that is what I am needing to do, but don't think it will be the last one for this year, particularly with more rain and then sun forecast, but I see you got up-to-date with paperwork and got a lot shredded and that never does end, but at least with garden work we do get some break from that during the winter.

I expect you other ladies will be posting later today and hope all of you are enjoying your weekend and now I must get my breakfast and plough on with the garden jobs and if the rain does arrive then I have plenty to do indoors and I never have got around to printing off the notes from the informal discussion last Monday and must do that and get a few copies done ready for the club tomorrow.
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:07 am
I do not know where yesterday went. I went to Sainsburys to get a few ready meals and there is a note saying they cannot get more at the moment.  The doctor rang Thursday and left David some sleeping pills, and said cannot do the blood tests because they have no blood tubes...so what did that  idiot ring for in the morning.

Barbara it is the old story, you get the meal on the table and the doctor rings. It was asking too much thinking he could ring twice..... our phone drives me crazy.  There was a message on there about the flu jabs and it disappeared after I had tapped it, drive me mad,  so another trip there and I have to go to the dentist on Monday...

Maybe my son will ring and give us 3 minutes of his time today.  Lovely day yesterday I sat in the sun.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:11 pm
Well done Pauline in getting so much more finished in garden.and so you are busy today too

Jean hope your day goes well

Rita have a good day too

Barbara do hope you are feeling a bit better

Computer playing up so just short today as son picking me up shortly as going to their house for dinner.I  did get the grass cut and finished when the gardener appeared but he did do the front.Suppose the exercise would do me good Smile Have a good day all
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:22 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We had a lovely sunny morning today but the heavy rain has arrived, as forecast, this afternoon.

David went out early this morning to buy a newspaper and then went to the terrain to play in the club session.  He had a much more successful time today, having won all 3 of the games that he played!  He and Andrew are going to watch a football match later this afternoon, between their respective teams!  I hope they're still friends at the end of it!  I didn't get my walk out assisted by David today and probably won't tomorrow, as I'm going to try and get a phone consultation.  If the GP rings me early in the day, I'll get a walk out in the afternoon, but it's more likely that he won't ring till much later in the day!  I'm hoping to get my flu jab on Tuesday.

Rita, yes, it was great having a visit from my sister.  It's good that she lives only a short tram ride away from here.

On Thursday you went to Sainsburys and everyone was ready and got on the bus to return home but one lady was very late, the driver went to look for her, she finds it difficult to get round the shop in an hour.  As usual after your lunch you dozed off in your chair and at night couldnt sleep and so was up watching TV recordings at 3a.m.  I think that if you can't sleep, it's best to get up for a while and it's good that you have the TV recordings to watch.

Pauline,  yesterday you dealt with the emails, etc., and had breakfast, and then went back to the garden after posting. Nice and sunny out there, but a very misty start and was a typical September morning.  Yesterday you managed to sort out the plants on the shelving and have got the geraniums and fuchsias on one set and all of the begonias and busy lizzies on the other - they'll last until the frost gets at them and you'ill protect the fuchsias as usual, but quite honestly don't think you'll give yourself the bother of cutting back, repotting and bringing in the geraniums - cutting down on the work you give yourself.  Having done all of the transferring of plants out of the baskets and tidying that creeping jenny in them that does tend to take over, you at last got one lot of pansies in one basket and want to finish the other 7 today.  You also printed off the notes from the informal discussion last Monday and got a few copies done ready for the club tomorrow.

Yes, missing the GP's call on Friday will mean I'll have to start all over again and ring tomorrow, which is a real nuisance, being as it's so difficult to get through before all the appointments have gone!  It's a shame they did away with the Saturday morning surgeries.

Jean, yesterday you went to Sainsburys to get a few ready meals and there was a note saying they cannot get more at the moment.  That's happening all over the country now and it's getting worse!  The doctor rang Thursday and left David some sleeping pills, and said cannot do the blood tests because they have no blood tubes.  There was a message on your phone about the flu jabs and it disappeared after you'd tapped it, drive you mad,  so another trip there and you have to go to the dentist on Monday.

You're right - it is the old story, you get the meal on the table and the doctor rings. I did think that maybe he'd try again to ring me, but no such luck!

Dian, you had a dry day yesterday and so you got the back grass cut and hope it is its last one but somehow think not. You did get some paper work up to date and spent a good time shredding.  Today your computer playing up so just short today as son was picking you up shortly as going to their house for dinner.  You did get the grass cut and finished when the gardener appeared but he did do the front.  I expect  the exercise did you good!

Andrew has settled on one of the flats he's seen and he's waiting now for all the processes to go through.  It's "fingers crossed" time for him now!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ritadonni
Ritadonni

Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:04 pm
I  lost a good chat on here as my son came to door and by time I had been to door and back I lost what had written, all my fault this time and David's.

It has rained  most of the day here, dog walkers dashing out onto the green space opposite here, brr they would have to dry the dogs when they got them home!

Barbara, I wish you luck getting through to a Doctor on Monday morning, it is so frustrating for you, so much time taken just trying to make contact. That is good news that Andrew has settled on a flat and now waiting for legal work to go through, you and David will miss him being in the house. I hope they enjoyed watching the football.

Dian, I am sure you would enjoy your lunch at your son's, nice and relaxing with family.

Jean, yes I too noticed some gaps in the shelves at Sainsbury's. I had email from Dr surgery to say they are waiting delivery dates of flu vaccines so cannot make appointments until then.  Delays for everything everywhere.

Pauline, you have never ending work waiting in the garden,  but rain today will have stopped that, but, as you say, you will not be idle and find plenty to do indoors.   Will you go to your Club this week, is it a weekly meeting?

I had a reminder in the post saying that Xmas soon be here and time to buy Xmas cards.   ...? We don't seem to have had any Summertime  yet!  My son came this afternoon,  they will go to a country cottage in Yorksire for his 70th Birthday in October - time flies!
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:22 pm
Well this morning started well, my temporary filling for the last two years fell out whilst eating porridge. Luckily I had that dentist appointment today and he put a filling in, then said he does not think it will last, cost £65 and should I have a crown around £300. I would have it out but after the last attempt when It took an hour to get out and leaving the roots in I did not bother.  Then last night my blood sugar machine packed in, so as well as sorting the flu jab I got another one.  Our flu jabs are on Saturday no mention about extra covid jab.

I think that man who runs the clubs for you Pauline is something else, and if he does not have a covid jab, well I should not let him in.

Then there were those protestors again on the road, causing a lady to have a stroke with no way of getting to the hospital. who do they think they are, should be inside.

Barbara you will miss Andrew when he goes, anywhere near you?

Rita Sainsbury's getting smaller and smaller for food, my friend says it is the same in Canada.

Dian envy you your outings.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:09 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 39 Oie_gl27Pauline well garden must be nearly up to date with all the work you have put in. hope all goes well at your Monday club today. Will; be interesting to hear how it all went.

Jean sorry to hear about your filling ....so annoying and expensive. Yes see lots of shops now have empty shelves. Thats good news having the flu jab on Saturday

Rita just know how you feel when we loose a post.That sounds a nice place your son will have for his 70 birthday.

Barbara that is good news about Andrews flat .hope it all goes smoothly for him. Well done David on winning his 3 games Hope the "boys" enjoyed their football Do hope you finally got to talk to your Doctor

Quite chilly here today .I did enjoy my time at my sons .Spent the evening there too and enjoyed the chat with my granddaughter on the way home. Got call from Doctors as have iron tablets to take and to have a check up ??? Well had better get on with some housework again .
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:03 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We're having a dull old day for weather here today.  The sun did try to appear but failed dismally!  It's a tad colder than it's been but it's still mild for the time of year.

David did the essential shopping this morning and then went out again to do some more shopping.  He also posted a referendum form for me regarding whether or not we should have a mayor elected by the people in Croydon instead of councillors choosing a mayor.  I voted to have the former.  Andrew is working hard upstairs in our office again today, only coming downstairs to make and eat his lunch.  I had a phone consultation this afternoon with one of our GPs and there was a mix up within the surgery regarding a test I had done and so I've had to provide another sample bottle, which was once again taken there by David.  He'll take the bottle back to the surgery tomorrow morning for the GP to test its contents.  I'm still walking up and down in the downstairs of our house to try and strengthen my legs.  There's still no word from the company which gave me a digital assessment a week ago regarding my knees.  I think I might have to go private on this one.

Rita, it rained  most of yesterday where you are, dog walkers dashing out onto the green space opposite here, brr they would have to dry the dogs when they got them home!  You had a reminder in the post saying that Xmas soon be here and time to buy Xmas cards.   ...? We don't seem to have had any Summertime  yet!  Your son came yesterday afternoon,  they will go to a country cottage in Yorksire for his 70th Birthday in October - time flies!

Amazingly, it didn't take me long this morning to get through to the surgery but I had to wait till this afternoon for the GP to ring me!  Yes, David and I will definitely miss Andrew once he moves into his new flat but we just want him to be happy and to get on with his life.  We'll still be sad, though!

Jean, well this morning started well, your temporary filling for the last two years fells out whilst eating porridge. luckily you had that dentist appointment today and he put a filling in then said he doesn't think it'll last cost £65, should I have a crown around £300. You'd have it out but after the last attempt when It took an hour to get out and leaving the roots in you didn't bother.  Then last night your blood sugar machine packed in so as well as sorting the flu jab you got another one.  Your flu jabs are on Saturday no mention about extra covid jab.  Then there were those protestors again on the road, causing a lady to have a stroke with noi way of getting to the hospital. who do they think they are, should be inside.

Yes, we will miss Andrew when he goes.  He's moving to Essex as he can't afford to buy anything around here.

Dian, thanks for your kind words about Andrew.

Your weather has been quite chilly today.  You did enjoy your time at your sons.  Spent the evening there too and enjoyed the chat with your granddaughter on the way home. Got call from Doctors as have iron tablets to take and to have a check up ???  You did some more housework after posting.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:31 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 39 H4dfsu12    It certainly is a lovely evening here and I got in about 5.15 after going to the club and then to the centre for a small amount of top up shopping and looked at the times of the bus arrivals and decided that I could walk home quicker and get back before the buses arrived in, but my feet have had enough now. Good meeting at the club and we played curling (first time for almost 2 years) and enjoyed that.  Also had a small discussion about the formal meeting on 4th and we do have the three officers decided on - just other club members to offer to be their deputies.  There are only 5 matters listed on the Agenda for the meeting, so hopefully I won't have too many Minutes to take.  

Yesterday the rain beat me to it and by the time I had finished doing all I needed to do the rain arrived, so nothing got done in the garden and all of the cuttings that were laying in a heap got wet, so no chance of cutting them up for the next incinerator use, but the new plants in the baskets looked good after the rain.  I just got on with indoor jobs and as it will be nearly the end of the month while I am away I sorted out the finances and decided on what money I could transfer into the savings and brought forward a couple of payments I need to make at the end of each month, plus started sorting out the clothes I will be taking to Rugby.  

Also started early to print off those notes taken at the informal meeting and then hit trouble - black ink need replacing in the printer and got that in and then the magenta and yellow decided that there wasn't enough left in them, so got the new cartridges in for them - went to print after all of those replacements and printing was fuzzy, so then had to twice run a nozzle check - finally managed to get them done with a few copies for the people who needed them and in the end decided that it was a good job the rain had arrived early and I hadn't got involved in the garden jobs.  Tomorrow I will try to get some more garden work done and then call a halt to all of that because I will need Wednesday to pack for Rugby and indoor jobs finished.  I am looking forward to that break from the Thursday afternoon round to Tuesday when I get home.

Jean I see that your Saturday disappeared with the various things you had to do, including more sorting out of medical matters and a trip to Sainsburys where you couldn't get all you wanted because of the shortages.  Hope you got the phone call from Paul yesterday that you would have liked and see you managed to sit in the sun for a while.  I have just read your post from today and what a bad start for you with regard to losing the filling, but at least it was on the day when you were seeing the dentist, but that certainly cost enough seeing to that, seeing as he doesn't think it will last for long and I can see why you haven't gone for the other options.  At least you have got the flu jabs sorted for Saturday, but see you also had to get a new blood sugar machine as your existing one gave up.   All I can say is that I do hope the rest of the week goes better for you.  There is no way Michael will be allowed to attend any of the club meetings as he hasn't had the vaccine and glad we will be shifting him out, because there are more things I have seen in a lot of his balance sheets that I am querying.  At least the Monday club is getting sorted, but Margaret is still worried about the Wednesday and Thursday clubs held at a different community centre.  Apparently, there is no bank account for them, no Constitution or other officers and apparently he has the money for those two clubs still in his house and no accounts ever presented.  I think she will have to sort this out with Carol (who was a member of all three clubs and used to help out with these two), but unfortunately during school holidays she will be unavailable because she now has to look after an autistic grandson and Margaret cannot run them by herself.  I reckon they are going to have to talk to the council officer who is in charge of the running of that particular community centre.  Agree with you about those protestors - no way to carry on a protest and they should be arrested and charged.

Dian I was happy with what I got done on Saturday in the garden, but as you can see from above there was no chance yesterday and somehow have a feeling that I will never get done all I want to before the weather changes, but you cut some of your grass and then the gardener appeared, so he did the front - mine is still waiting for action. I see your computer was playing up - technology is great when it is all working properly, but a real nightmare when it goes wrong  Crying or Very sad.  Glad to read you enjoyed the time at your son's yesterday and the lunch and then stayed there until the evening when your granddaughter took you home and you enjoyed the chat with her on the way back.  Chilly for you today and you have had a call from the doctor and he wants you to take iron tablets and go for a check up and you now want to catch up with some housework today.  Yes thanks, the club went well today and hopefully will do so in the future.

Barbara, sunny start for you on Sunday, but rain in the afternoon and here it arrived much earlier than forecast which put a stop to any garden ideas for me. I see that David did well with his games and you were hoping for an amicable time between him and Andrew when they watched their different football teams play in a match against each other. You certainly will miss Andrew when he moves to his own flat and hope all goes well for him. Dull day for you and colder - here it has been sunny and finishing off with a lovely evening, but now much colder again.  Well at least the public have been consulted your way about the election of a mayor and you have filled in the referendum that David will deliver for you and see he is also going to take the sample again for you, as the first one has been lost - how annoying.  See you managed to get through to the surgery this morning, but had to wait for the doctor to get back to you this afternoon, so all you could do was exercise around the house.

Rita see you lost a post while you were answering the door to David - a bit like my typed notes on Word Pad doing a disappearing act and having to tackle them again.  Rain for you yesterday most of the day and it certainly started early here and stopped my garden work plans.  Difficult for the dog walkers in the rain and our dog (when I was younger), she had a fairly long wavy coat and needed drying off after a walk in the wet.  Mind you, there were times I had to duck when she decided to shake it off first when I was approaching with the towel Rolling Eyes.  Yes the club is a weekly one although I will miss it next week because I will still be in Rugby, but will be there for the 4th when the meeting takes place and just hope it starts running smoothly again. As you have said, hardly really any Summer and now there are Christmas reminders everywhere.  Will be nice if we get a longer sunny Autumn, but each week we are losing half an hour more of daylight.

I have been munching away at my meal in between typing this - being good and having salad with a chilli dressed fish fillet that was tasty and got a couple of more things to clear on the computer and then upstairs for a bath and watch Manhunt that starts tonight and goes on over the next four nights, so will see the last episode in Rugby.  Got to record the other programmes on the other channels that I watch, so will have more to catch up on.  Have a good evening and restful night ladies.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:53 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 39 Eyffgs35 Pauline you will be looking forward to Rugby and you can relax there. Always nice to have company Pity you never got your garden finished but bet it is still looking good .Pleased you enjoyed the club and the curling. Hope all goes well on the formal meeting on the 4th.

Barbara David did the essential shopping but also shopped later on .Sorry you are having so much trouble with the Doctors but think most of them are the same all over Yes you will miss Andrew a lot  but will still be pleased for him. Do hope the walking up and down the stairs is working for you and does help to strengthen your legs

Jean hope your having a good day with no problems also hope David is feeling a bit better .Wonder if you got out with Coco

Rita hope your having a good day with no problems

Quite a nice morning but chilly and good breeze blowing so bedding washed and out on line. Hope the rain stays away..Now off to get some more work up to date.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum