Nifty Fifties Plus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Ritadonni
Ritadonni

Hello Everyone - Page 2 Empty Re: Hello Everyone

Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:32 pm
Best wishes to you all. I am not pleased. I did a long post to all and then It said someone posting at same time etc., did I want to proceed .. I did, but cannot find  it.   So ladies I hope you have a pleasant weekend.  Bye for now.
Pauline
Pauline
Admin
https://nifty-fifties.forumotion.com

Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:37 am
Hello Everyone - Page 2 Lnfspp11   Hello Ladies.

Rain back again, so it is indoor jobs again for me and there is still some ironing to do and this morning I have been sorting through the material for the bandanas and I also picked up on some ideas at the exhibition, one of which was small material bags attached to a keyring in which you can keep the doggie bags with you when walking your pets and I do have some spare keyring holders in my craft items.

Rita, if someone else has posted while you have been typing your post, when you press send, the info will come up that someone else has posted and it does give you a choice at the bottom of your post that says "Save" or "Modify".  I use the "Modify", read what the other member has posted and then alter my post accordingly, but it will probably be easier for you to press "Save" and your post will appear.  If you want to you can then follow with another post, answering what the other member has posted.  Thanks for the friendship request on here from you and I have accepted this.

Barbara I am sending a Friendship request to you and that makes life a whole lot easier, because at anytime when I need to send the same message to you all, I can do this by using the message service on here.  All of you can send messages to one another through the friend request service.

At the top of the page where we are posting there is a blue bar and if you press the word "FAQ" it will explain everything you need to know about this site.  Now I know it is probably boring to read everything, but there are easy explanations in that list that appears that will make it so much easier to use this site.  Unfortunately when we lost the site we were on previously, because of its closure, it was very difficult for me and time consuming to find a site where we could post safely without the whole world wide web looking in and this was the best one I could find.  Please everyone, use a bit of your time to study this and it will make things a whole lot easier for you to use this site.

Hope all of you are enjoying your weekend, despite the horrible weather I think most of you will be receiving and I am now off to make another coffee and then back to the ironing and material sorting xx  
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:59 pm
Went up to get our booster jab this morning and got David in ahead of many others.  Mine is stinging a bit now, not many people up there.

it is raining like cats and dogs here, poor dog has not been out either.

Glad all are ok.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:45 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 2 Btbyty10 Pauline see you have the rain too. That sounds a good idea with the keyring for the doggie bags. I always think the wet days are good for ironing. Really wet wet here today Pity Rachel had to put her work on hold due to the the virus

Jean that is good you both got your booster jab. No walkies then for Coco.

Barbara do hope you are all having a good day with no problems and hope you are feeling a bit better

Rita know the feeling when a post flies off into cyber  space. so annoying. Hope your enjoying a nice weekend.

Sorry I did not manage to post yesterday but it was a long day and was so tired when I got home. Covid test was clear as got news for it this morning. Not looking forward to Monday. Wishing you all a good weekend
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:53 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

The weather forecast for today was for heavy rain and thundery showers.  We're getting plenty of the heavy rain but no thundery showers yet, and I hope they don't materialise!  The wind has also become very strong.  It's also turned very cold.

On Thursday evening, while we were having dinner, I had a phone call from one of the doctors who works at the glaucoma clinic in Purley that I went to last Monday.  She's concerned about some of my test results, as it seems that my left eye is now showing early signs of glaucoma.  She's prescribed yet another set of eye drops and they were delivered to me by courier from the Croydon hospital last evening, which was a very good service.  I started using the drops last evening and then again this morning, as well as continuing with the other drops that have been prescribed for me.  Yesterday afternoon, I rang the surgery (once again!) to ask if my test results had yet been received back from the Croydon Hospital, but they still haven't arrived.  I shall have to ring the surgery again on Monday afternoon!

David went to Central London (Greenwich) very early this morning to take part in a massive Petanque competition, taking place in honour of Mark, one of our friends who died last year from Covid.  There are 64 triples teams taking part and play is due to go on till 10 o'clock tonight for those who don't get knocked out!  I just wish the weather wasn't so horrendous!  Andrew is having a quiet day today, having gone out last night to meet up with one of his old uni friends.

Today I've worked a lot on my computer, done a lot of walking up and down in our downstairs, and watched some TV.

Jean, yesterday you lost a post.  That's so annoying!. Had text from docs to say they wanted David to have another blood test. so you went up there to collect form, to be told he could not have one unless it was marked urgent and you told her he had one marked urgent which would still be waiting if you hadn't phoned up.  Eventually she did it.  Do not need this, the appointment, or for you to see the duty doctor.  She did it....you don't need all this and worn out now.  No wonder you're worn out.  That's how my surgery makes me feel now.  I keep waiting for John Cleese to appear!

You and David went up to get your booster jab this morning and got David in ahead of many othersl  Well done on doing that!  Yours is stinging a bit now.  There weren't many people up there.  It's raining like cats and dogs where you are, poor dog has not been out either.

Pauline, yesterday you were still indoors because the weather has been so changeable, some sun, plenty of wind and rain on and off, so again no outdoor work and looks like that for quite a while.  The previous day you never did get the ironing started, but did sort out the finances and found another job that none of us like - looked at your nice new oven and decided that it needed cleaning and got it done, so ironing is going to be done after this posting.  Yesterday morning you spent a lot of time on line trying to decide where to order the light bulbs to stock for the new kitchen spotlight, also some padded heel grips and a couple of other things, but have given up on that for a while - just got fed up with trying to make decisions and will leave that for when you have more time another day.

Such odd weather patterns we have had this year and your one and only surviving chrysanth is covered in flower buds, the evening primrose is now starting to flower, alstromerias and roses still blooming and of course, the grass is still growing and no suitable weather to cut that in, so you're feeling a bit frustrated about all of that.  You must do some shopping either tomorrow or on Sunday, because on Monday you have to take those Minutes at the meeting and now have only just been told that directly after that you have a Residents meeting on Monday evening, straight after you get back from the club - nothing timed right for you.

Yes, I did manage to get the remainder of items on my prescription but am still waiting for my test results.  I'm glad to say that I'm feeling fine after having the flu jab.  I feel as hopping mad as you do about what happened to Sarah Everard in particular, but also about what's happened over the years to other women and girls.  If Sarah's murderer had been arrested for the previous dreadful things he'd done, he wouldn't have been able to put handcuffs on her, and then rape and murder her.  How to protect lone women and girls has been a subject of debate for a very long time but no positive action has ever been taken, by any government!

Rain back again, so it's indoor jobs again for you today and there's still some ironing to do and this morning you've been sorting through the material for the bandanas and you also picked up on some ideas at the exhibition, one of which was small material bags attached to a keyring in which you can keep the doggie bags with you when walking your pets and you do have some spare keyring holders in your craft items.

Thanks for sending Friendship Requests to us all and I can see how they can make life easier.  Thanks also for the explanation about where to find the "FAQs".

Rita, you're not pleased.  You did a long post to all and then It said someone posting at same time etc., did you want to proceed .. You did, but cannot find  it.  I know how annoying that can be.

Dian, you didn't manage to post yesterday but it was a long day and you were so tired when you got home.  Covid test was clear as got news for it this morning.  Not looking forward to Monday.  I'm glad your Covid test was clear and I wish you well for Monday.

Stay safe and well, everyone!

Lots of love from me to all!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ritadonni
Ritadonni

Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:56 pm
Hi there. I've just been watching the dancing, phew! Such energy! Quiet here, I have not been out since Sainsburys on Thursday, but weather has been awful so content staying in. I had little text chat with young friend who is poorly with Motor Neurone illness. Her carers come from Greece, lovely ladies.
DIAN, you have hospital on Monday, I do hope you get seen straight away as so often one is kept waiting past the time for the appointment.

JEAN,  you would be relieved to get ahead of the queue with David for the Booster Covid shot, so that is done now, have you had the Flu jab?  I had it on Tuesday and seem to have been extra tired since then.

BARBARA, you will be pleased that all is going well with Andrew's house purchase although you will so much miss having him at home.  Now that the weather is worsening, how long do the outdoor bowls continue?  I am guessing  that this wet weather is not helping your aches and pains.  Have you been given any form of exercise to do indoors to help with your walking?    I am waiting for one lot of my eyedrops from Pharmacy, there seems to be a delay  in them receiving delivery (I have two kinds, take a few minutes apart).    Are you ok for petrol, so much delay for essential services.

PAULINE,   I got your email re. Posting, I did it right but still disapeared ?  I have said before that I think your upstairs cupboard must be like Alladins cave, you can always produce something to make/turn into something else I.e. Now making things for Rachel's sales.  Did you just use detergent to clean your oven or one of the special oven cleaners?  I should clean my oven as a wipe is not  enough now.  My washing machine takes so long, seems  to go on and  on.  I must see if they have any special instructions on the Internet as the instruction leaflet re faults is no help.

One finger on laptop takes ages so I will bid you all GoodDay best wishes, byeeee.
Ritadonni
Ritadonni

Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:01 pm
It seems that Barbara and me were posting at same time, but I did as Pauline told me, ticked modify and then Send again.
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:07 am
It is quite cold out there. Had delivery from Tescos this morning.  Have just a pain in the arm from yesterdays covid booster.  

I am awaiting a call from son before I can take Coco out. It is Oscar's birthday tomorrow and he will be 8 time has flown by.

Sorry to hear about your eyes Barbara, good that they are doing something about them.

Dian forgot what you have to do on Monday? hospital?

Pauline hope you are ok.
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:27 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 2 Uqqddi11   Hello Ladies - nice sunny morning here with a brisk breeze and if we got this for a couple more days then I could cut the grass, but still too wet out there to tackle that and I still have plenty to do indoors.

I thought I would have to go shopping today because of what I would have to pack in tomorrow, but since found out that when I come back from taking those Minutes tomorrow, I won't have to go to the Residents meeting, as wrong date given and now know it is Tuesday evening, so will go shopping tomorrow morning before I go to the club for the meeting there.

Got some more ironing still to do, because a lot of the material I have found for the bandanas needs ironing ready for cutting out and today I am going to do my best to sort out the sewing machine.

Jean, it was such horrible weather yesterday and reckon Coco wouldn't have wanted to go out in that.  See you just have slight pain from the jab and you are waiting for Paul to phone before you take Coco out today.  Oscar's 8th birthday tomorrow and it is Hunter's 7th on Thursday - yes time does fly.  Yes thanks I am okay and busy.

Dian, pretty gif there yesterdy that you put on your post.  It wasn't Rachel that had the hold up in her work, but her sister Nicky whose oldest son, age 15, has the Covid. so she had to stop her meal home delivery service because of it and won't continue until she knows they are all clear of it.  Think Rachel would have liked a break because she told me last night that her and Stephen had been all day constructing the Christmas bauble packages and had got through a third of them so far - after constructing them and leaving one side open for filling with the doggie treats, they have got to have the ribbon threaded through the top of them (and she was thankful of the bodkin I sent them home with), then filled and ribbon pulled to keep them together.  Here are a couple of photos of Ozzie having a good look at them:-

Hello Everyone - Page 2 Ozzie_10 Hello Everyone - Page 2 Ozzie_11

Good to read that you got news that the Covid test was clear for you and do hope all goes well tomorrow at the hospital.

Barbara, you were lucky not getting that bad weather on Friday, but see it arrived yesterday.  That is not good news for you about the Glaucoma, but the doctor wasted no time in letting you know and you now have to apply two sets of drops (like Rita), but good service the delivery of them from the Croydon hospital.  Still no news from the surgery of the other test results and you have to keep chasing for them.  Hope the games went well in Greenwich that David attended in memory of his friend and do hope the weather didn't cause too much trouble.  Andrew was having a quiet day after meeting up with his Uni friend on Friday evening and you were dealing with things on your computer, doing walking around the house and watching tv.  As you said the attacks on women have been talked about for a long time and now let us hope there is going to be some positive action and a change in the attitudes of a lot of the politicians and the police forces. Glad to see you have found the FAQs page and hope it helps everyone and it certainly is easier if we can send messages from one another on this site by getting all of us joined up with the Friendship requests.  

Rita, well done you with managing to save your post by using the "Modify" or "Save" buttons and that was a lovely long post and know how much time it takes for you to do that with a one finger exercise.  Taking the time to read some of the info on the FAQs section can be a help and gradually it becomes second nature following a lot of the instructions.  Not the weather to want to go out in and see you have stayed indoors since your trip to Sainsbury's on Thursday.  You mentioning the Motor Neurone illness, we have the head office of that charity in Northampton, started by a couple who live in Northampton and were friends of David Niven (the actor who died of that) and that was one of the charities that Maria and I raised funds for at one of our table top sales.  Yes I certainly did find quite a few things for Rachel's exhibition stall in my craft room (no it wasn't the cupboard) it is an entire room that is my Aladin's cave  Wink  Smile.  Because my oven was new and not too bad I just used the normal washing up liquid in water, but had to do a bit more work on the wire shelves - I will try and keep that up, so I don't have such hard work when we tend to leave them too long.  Hope you can sort out your washing machine - I use the cold wash on mine for most things - besides being environmentally friendly and saves power, it is a quick wash.

Away I must go as it is now 12.30 in the afternoon, so make a cup of coffee and try and sort out that sewing machine.  Have a good afternoon and evening everyone.  See it is the first couple that have to go this evening from Strictly and am enjoying that now it is back again.  

Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:35 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 2 C4s9sg14Pauline just know you will be busy as ever. Would not take long for cleaning your oven as  so new

Barbara I am sure David will have done well in that special match .Good the hospital picked up on your eye so have drops for that one too.They are treating you well for your eyes .Andrew is having a quiet day after being out with friends. Think we are all having cold wet weather which is miserable.

Jean cant believe Oscar is 8 as can remember when he was born .How time flies. That is good having your covid booster. Hope David is having a good day.

Rita maybe your washing machine has different lengths of washes My machine has a twenty minute quick wash and just about an hour for main wash.Check your instructions as your machine might have a short wash. Hope so

Well going to be a miserable day as nothing to eat just to drink and not looking forward till later as have drinks to take which has you sitting on loo ....grrrr
Have a good day ladies Afraid another wet day here too.but sun pops out for short time then the rain appears

Pauline just seen your post........laughed at the cat .......good you can get your shopping tomorrow.......laughed at how you always can produce items which people need .
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:55 am
Hello Everyone - Page 2 Tfclot11  Hello Ladies.

Got through a bit more ironing yesterday and broke away from that from time to time to do some sewing and running repairs and today off shopping after this and then to the club to take those Minutes of the meeting.  This evening, make sure I can make sense of my shorthand and start typing them up.  More rain during the night, so no hope yet of the garden drying up enough to cut that grass.

Dian, I am trying to keep that routine up with the oven, so it doesn't become such a massive job, but it is one of those boring things that we all put off.  Glad you enjoyed the photos of Ozzie looking at that pile of work.  Rachel phoned last evening and said that the double sided tape was such a help - so glad about that and that had been in my craft room for ages and suddenly that job turned up that it could be used for - worth hanging onto a lot of the crafting items and tools, because I never know when I will need them.  I do hope the hospital appointment goes well for you and you get the results quickly and there is nothing too serious that needs attention.  That was a horrible day for you yesterday - no eating and having just those necessary drinks that are used to clear you through, with a lot of loo visits, but at least that is out of the way.

Talking about crafting above, I don't know if I have mentioned it since I have been home, but popping into Aldi's last week with Rachel, I managed to get some spray paint (gold and silver) that I needed for some of the garden items and other crafting (at a reasonable price) and I was completely out of that, so just might go to Aldi's today when I shop (just means staying on the bus for another couple of stops) and see if I can find any other interesting items.  

Hello to you other ladies and hope you all have a good day - looks cheerful this morning here with the sun out already and I will be back again tomorrow.
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:13 pm
Dian, David had to spend the night on the loo to have camera put up,  horrible, he was clear anyway.

Today I have been to Morrisons (they are charging for the trolleys again), Asda and a butchers shop where I got the mince I wanted.  Also put my name down for a rabbit when they come in.  Had ordered turkey crown  from Tescos and that was not delivered.  Also Baileys for Lorraine and it seems they only have the big ones.

Pauline glad you got your spray paint.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:48 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 2 1i6fjy46 Pauline  hope all, goes fine at the club tonight

Just popped in to say all went well at the hospital.........got a hiatus hernia and a reflux problem but otherwise  all went fine but feeling tired so going to have a lie down

hope one and all have a good day
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:52 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We had some heavy rain early this morning but fortunately it didn't last for very long.  David was able to do the essential shopping and get home before the rain started.  Later in the morning, he accompanied me on a walk, giving me his helpful arm.  On returning home, I saw that I had a missed call from the chiropodist who does home visits.  He had a spare appointment early this afternoon and so he came to the house.  Now my feet feel so much better!  I usually go into Croydon to the chiropody clinic but didn't feel able to do so this time, due to the problems with my legs, and so was grateful to have had them attended to at home.  This afternoon I phoned the surgery to ask if my test results had been received.  The only answer I was given was that I'll have to have a phone consultation tomorrow.  The saga goes on!!!  Andrew has been busy all day working upstairs in our office, only coming downstairs to make and eat his lunch.

I've read all your posts and thanks to everyone for your kind wishes to me and to my family.  I'm sorry not to have replied to you individually but the kitchen will be calling me soon!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:41 am
Dian glad everything went well. David has a hernia as well, but apparently it was not bad enough to do anything about.

I got toothache yesterday, only went to the dentist two weeks ago for a check up. Hope it will go away.

Carol said she was to tired after having the two jabs together.

Barbara glad you had your feet done.  When is Andrew leaving?  You will miss him.
Ritadonni
Ritadonni

Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:49 am
Good day to you ladies.

It seems to take me ages to do everything nowadays, I used to whiz through. Still I am coping ok.  Yesterday I painted my drive gates, need another coat whenever it's a fine day and I can manage it.  The fence paint I had bought at Wilko was in my shed and I had used it previously  to paint gate to footpath . I lifted it up the heavy tin out of shed to bare earth and took  lid off then noticed paint at bottom! Disaster! Paint running out onto ground!   Fortunately I had kept a large empty container  former paint jobs and quickly transferred the paint. I found that the plastic bottom had a crack across the whole bottom!! ?   Just had to leave spilled paint, a lot of it to eventually soak into the dip in the ground, then I got on and painted both sides of drive gates, which were badly in need of painting.  They need another coat of paint, but got to wait for another fine day.  I was shattered so dozed in chair rest of the day.

Hairdresser coming this afternoon to cut my hair.

DIAN. After anxious time before hospital tests you will be relieved to know about the hernia. My niece Sue had all kinds of tests then told it was a hernia, which gives occasional pain, but she has found which foods to avoid.  My other friend Muriel has had various tests, told hernia too, but she has also got heart problems.    I am so thankful I am ok.   So are you to carry on as usual DIAN and Is all well otherwise?

JEAN. I hope your toothache has eased, maybe it's neuralgia?

BARBARA, it's good that your menfolk are ok and things going well for them.  Your problems with medical communications seem never ending, so frustrating and upsetting for you.

PAULINE, I have an unopened pkt of two oven liners, for bottom of oven, which I have not yet used.  I just wipe, but must 'have a go"and get it clean and shining then put on the liner which can then be pulled out, as i tend to loose balance when bending over.  Lol!  I hope your meeting went off all right, an agreeable time and can look forward to seeing your friends.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:55 am
Hello Everyone - Page 2 54ywe112Pauline hope all went fine at the club last night. Just know you will be busy with something

Barbara that was good having your feet done at home. Good you got a walk with Davids help

Jean they said the same for me no treatment other than certain tablets. I am just waiting on hearing from the Doctor if I ever do

Rita hope your having a good day. Just read your post Well done with the painting .Good you managed to have a container to save your paint

Just hung out a small washing so hope it does not rain......Have a good day all
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:52 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We had some heavy early rain this morning and then there was some more around lunchtime.  Other than that, it's been a dry but chilly day.  The wind was very cold and quite strong.

David went out early this morning to do the essential shopping and just got home in time before the early rain started.  I had a phone consultation with one of the locum doctors at our GP surgery.  One of our own GPs is on the long term sick and the other one isn't available at the surgery till next week.  I was glad to speak to the locum doctor, though.  She told me that the sample that was sent to the hospital didn't contain any infection, which was good news.  She thought the source of my problem was to do with my bladder, the problem having been diagnosed 3 or 4 years ago, at the hospital's bladder clinic.  The nurse there gave me the pelvic floor muscle exercises to do and they did help a great deal.  The doctor I spoke to today said that she'd prescribe some tablets that would help me and she emailed the prescription to my pharmacy.  I'll phone them tomorrow to find out if they're available and then David will kindly go and collect them.

After my conversation with the locum, David accompanied me on a walk locally.  It's just as well we went out when we did, as it was not long after that that some more rain arrived!

Andrew has once again been working hard upstairs in our office, only coming downstairs to make and eat his lunch.  His firm is running a corporate event tomorrow and Wednesday for their US clients and so those will be longer than usual days for him.

Jean, you got toothache yesterday, only went to the dentist two weeks ago for a check up.  I hope it soon clears up.  We don't yet know when Andrew will be leaving for Essex as all the processes are still going through.  We certainly will miss him, though, but we just want him to be happy and to lead his own life.

Rita, I'm with you in that it take me ages too to do things nowadays.  I'm glad you're coping ok.  Yesterday you painted your drive gates, need another coat whenever it's a fine day and you can manage it.  The fence paint you'd bought at Wilko was in your shed and you'd used it previously to paint gate to footpath.  You lifted it up the heavy tin out of shed to bare earth and took lid off then noticed paint at bottom!  Disaster!  Paint running out onto ground!  It was indeed fortunate you'd kept a large empty container former paint jobs and quickly transferred the paint.  You found that the plastic bottom had a crack across the whole bottom!! ?   Just had to leave spilled paint, a lot of it to eventually soak into the dip in the ground, then you got on and painted both sides of drive gates, which were badly in need of painting.  They need another coat of paint, but got to wait for another fine day.  You were shattered so dozed in chair rest of the day.

You'll be glad of the hairdresser coming this afternoon to cut your hair.  I always feel so much better after it's been done.

You've right that medical communications in this neck of the woods aren't in the best of health!

Dian, I'm sorry to hear that you have a hiatus hernia and acid reflux.  I have those too and they're not pleasant.

I hope the rain stayed away in time for your small washing to dry.

I hope that Pauline is having a good day.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:18 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 2 Uql2na12   Hi Everyone.  Well rain through the night and again today, so continue with the indoor jobs.

Yesterday didn't go quite as planned and got held up with a few phone calls in the morning, so decided there wasn't the time left to go shopping before the meeting and got on with more ironing and sewing and decided the shopping would have to be done after the meeting.  Got to the club on time and we all had a social natter and a cuppa before the meeting started and that went well, with officers and their deputies decided on, then another cuppa with cake followed and a quiz.  I have to get the Minutes typed up and emailed to Margaret (that will get done on Friday), because although Margaret is now Chair again, (and not the Secetary) Margaret has the knowledge to deal with these on her computer and also has a printer, but Lesley who is Secretary doesn't have such good computer knowledge or a printer.  On Monday Margaret, Lesley and Pauline the new Treasurer (another Pauline and not me) will go to the bank with those Minutes and other paperwork now completed and get the account working and the money available again for the club.  Now the club can start running properly again we can invite new members - which reminds me, I have got to put a message on our Nextdoor site to promote this.

I just broke off from posting to get that message on the Nextdoor site and have already received a reply from a lady who used to belong to one of the other clubs and then got a phone call from Margaret, so back here again after another hour gone.

I did get the shopping done after the club meeting and decided I had to give Aldi's a miss, as it was getting late in the day and I did need our local shopping centre for other things, birthday card for Hunter and the bank, so the shopping got done at Tescos instead.

Now getting ready for the Residents meeting this evening and finding the paperwork for that and tomorrow Margaret is calling here in the afternoon to have a look at my sewing machine and see if she can sort that for me.  She has already ordered two of Rachel's Christmas baubles for her friend's dogs but there is no way she is getting charged for them after the material she has supplied me with in the past and the fact she is going to try and sort out the sewing machine.  After Margaret has left, depending on what time, I will probably get along to Aimie with Hunter's birthday card, or it might have to be on Thursday morning, when it is his birthday.

This has been such a mixed up day jumping from one thing to another, that I missed out on lunch and know that when I get back from the meeting this evening I won't feel like eating and as it is too early for an evening meal at the moment  I have just cooked some cheese on toast with a mango sauce on top of that and that will see me through and very tasty it is too.

Jean, see you got to Morrisons, Asda and the butchers shop where you got the mince you wanted and put your name down for a rabbit.  Tescos didn't deliver the turkey crown you wanted or the size of Baileys for Lorraine - definitely shortages starting now in the supermarkets.  Wish I had the time to have gone to Aldi's yesterday in the hope for some more spray paint, but ran out of time for that.  I do so hope that toothache goes away for you that has arrived today - horrible to have to put up with that.  One of the old roots started hurting before I went to Rugby, but has eased up now and my dental appointment is next Monday morning.

Dian, not such bad news after your hospital visit.  My Mum had one of them for years and used the Gaviscon liquid to deal with that.  You will soon find out (looking on the internet too) what foods are likely to upset it and gradually learn to deal with that.  Yes thanks, you can see from above that all went well with the club yesterday, but now got the Residents meeting to cope with tonight.  Reading your post today I see there are certain tablets you are going to have to take for the hernia and waiting to hear from the doctor about them.  I hope you got that washing dry today, because the rain has been on and off here again.

Barbara that was lucky that you managed to get the home appointment for the chiropodist, having missed the call originally and see you feel so much better now your feet have been seen to.  Still the saga went on yesterday with phoning the surgery. Today sounds as though your weather has been the same as here with the rain. At last you managed to get a phone call with the doctor (the locum) and she told you there was nothing untoward with regard to the sample sent to the hospital, which is good news, but that your problem seems to date back from when you first attended the hospital re the bladder and pelvic floor exercises were recommended.  She is going to prescribe tablets and get the prescription sent to the pharmacy for you.  Perhaps it might be a good thing to do the exercises again.  Hope the walks with David and exercising around indoors are helping you with regard to the knee problem.  All is going well for David and Andrew has another big 2 day event to cope with from tomorrow, for the firm's US clients, so he is working hard as usual.  As far as I am concerned, it has been a busy and bit of a disruptive day, but got some things achieved.

Rita, oh what a nuisance about the bottom of the paint plastic tub splitting, but you managed so well with that, transferring the paint into another available container and then completing that first coat of paint on the driveway gates.  You get through so many jobs I reckon you are marvellous.  Hope you get another dry day soon to get the second coat on them.  All of my old paint I keep indoors away from frost in the understairs cupboard, but when I had to sort out the cupboard for paint and brushes with regard to the kitchen refit, I found a lot of old cans that were past saving and when the old cabinets were removed I had a lot of fun using the old lumpy stuff on the cement floor - so under the new cupboards and the new flooring it is a bit like a rainbow, but a good way of getting rid of the paint and then I was able to put the empty cans out for recycling. I bet you are looking forward to the hairdresser arriving today to cut your hair for you. Sorry to read that Muriel also has heart problems that have to be dealt with, besides the hernia, makes you feel thankful that you are okay and me too.  We don't want you tipping over when you do the oven - such a horrible job as they get older and we will see if my determination to keep mine up-to-date with cleaning, does actually get done.  Yes, club went well and the meeting too and it is nice to be getting back to some normality.

Must away now ladies and get ready for the meeting this evening and hope you all have a pleasant evening to look forward to.

Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:14 am
David could not take his blood pressure pills this morning, due to nausea, so I cancelled ringing the dentist, off and on toothache. to make sure he was ok.  Finally he did take them.

Rita maybe it is neuralgia,  I managed to clean my teeth today without much bother.  Well done on all that work you have done.  I must admit I feel a bit weird today, maybe awaiting that B12 jab on Friday.  The sun is shining and it is lovely out there, but the wind, summer dresses on for tomorrow maybe?

Barbara glad you are getting sorted at last.

Pauline hope the meeting went well for you.

Dian, David has never had a special diet for his hernia.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:30 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 2 Eyffgs36 Pauline good all went well at your club and nice for everybody to catch up with each other. See rather wet for any gardening .I am sure your club will run a lot more smoothly now. Good you got most of your shopping done after the club

Jean hope David feeling better now Hope you feel better after your B12 jab

Barbara good you got speaking to your locum Doctor and she informed you there was no infection in your sample. She will give you some pills to help
Andrew working as hard as ever and will have a corporate event tomorrow. Good David will take you out for a walk.

Rita hope your having a good day Must say you did great in painting your gate

Not long in from our Wed club .Won one game at Bingo but enjoy the chat with friends and the nice cuppa which we have .Changed bedding last night and got it washed so pleased I did that as out on line and it has turned into a nice sunny day. Off now to check light bill as have changed supplier
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Wed Oct 06, 2021 5:46 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 2 Xygrcn11  Hi Ladies.  This morning I managed to quickly get out in the front garden and clip back the plants that were leaning over the steps going down to my front door and also tackle any of those that had started overhanging the pathway, so that is one job out of the way and done in sunny weather too.  There is still a lot more to do out there, but at least the access to the front door is cleared.  Came in and dusted and vacuumed all of downstairs and then got the sewing machine down for Margaret to have a look at.  She found out what was wrong - there is a tiny screw on the bobbin that just needed a little tweek, so now all is working once more so I can get on with the making of the bandanas.

I had intended to go along after Margaret had left, to take Hunter's birthday card and present along, but it was getting too late and I had a number of messages to answer on the Nextdoor Site, enquiring about our Monday club after I posted the info on there, so they are now answered and while Margaret was here my phone rang and it was the surgery, so I am booked in for tomorrow for the Covid jab (and will go along to Aimie after that to see Hunter when they return from school).  I am also booked in for Friday for the Blood Pressure check and next week the flu vaccine arrives.

Sorry ladies, so many emails and messages still coming through that I have to reply to, but think they will have to wait as I am falling asleep over the keyboard and eyes are playing up, so got to go and have a rest and will look in later or tomorrow to read and answer your posts.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:35 am
Hello Everyone - Page 2 7acpi417 Well maybe not as bad as gif.......but wet all the same
Pauline good your sewing machine working again also more work on front garden .Bandanas do sound nice Good news with your Covid jab. I  am sure you will be getting Hunters card and nice to see them soon. Good too you will be getting flu jag .and your blood pressure checked .Another busy day for you.

Jean hope your day goes  well. and  tomorrow with your b12 jag

Barbara also hope  your having a nice day with David and Andrew will be busy.

Rita wonder if your out shopping today

Wet morning but a bit brighter now. Waiting on a visit from a friend so need to scoot
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:52 am
David has a cough and so rang the surgery to be told they did not deal with covid tests, so it took me half an hour to fill in a form on here to go and get one!!! It is a  wonder they did not ask what he had for breakfast!!!  So maybe appointment for tests tomorrow will be cancelled.
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:58 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We're having a partly sunny and partly cloudy day today.  It hasn't rained so far but there's a cold wind.

David did the essential shopping early this morning and then he accompanied me on a walk to a local pharmacy, who'd sent me a text to say that my prescription was ready.  We went to collect the prescription but on reading the accompanying leaflet as soon as I arrived home, I saw that the medication isn't to be taken by anyone with glaucoma!  I'm surprised that the locum who prescribed it, didn't see on my notes that this wasn't a good idea!  I rang the surgery to try and speak to the locum but was told that no doctors were available for me to talk to, as they were all giving phone consultations!  I was advised to ring back tomorrow morning at 8 am (along with all the other patients needing to speak to GPs).  This I shall do but as you can probably guess, I'm not very happy about it!  It means yet another delay to my getting help from the surgery!

Andrew is once again taking part in his firm's virtual corporate event.  He had a break for lunch at noon and so David ordered a light meal from a local cafe, to be ready at that time, and he went to collect it.  It was a very nice meal!  Yesterday, Andrew was working from 12 noon till 10.30 last night, and I expect the same will happen today.

After lunch, I rang the physiotherapy practice that I used to go to until about 2 years ago, and arranged an appointment with them, so as to get some help with the problem with my knees.  It'll take place on Friday of next week, at their premises.  I did ask if they do home visits but was told that they stopped providing those because of Covid.  I shall just have to walk there and back, with David's help.  I've received no response from NHS Physio, to whom I was referred by my GP.

I've also attempted the cryptic crossword, and completed about half of it once again, and have been working on my computer.

Pauline, Monday didn't go quite as planned and you got held up with a few phone calls in the morning, so decided there wasn't the time left to go shopping before the meeting and got on with more ironing and sewing and decided the shopping would have to be done after the meeting.  Got to the club on time and you all had a social natter and a cuppa before the meeting started and that went well, with officers and their deputies decided on, then another cuppa with cake followed and a quiz.  You have to get the Minutes typed up and emailed to Margaret (that will get done tomorrow), because although Margaret is now Chair again, (and not the Secetary) Margaret has the knowledge to deal with these on her computer and also has a printer, but Lesley who is Secretary doesn't have such good computer knowledge or a printer.  On Monday Margaret, Lesley and Pauline the new Treasurer (another Pauline and not you) will go to the bank with those Minutes and other paperwork then completed and get the account working and the money available again for the club.  Now the club can start running properly again you can invite new members - which reminded you, you have got to put a message on your Nextdoor site to promote this.  You broke off from posting to get that message on the Nextdoor site and had already received a reply from a lady who used to belong to one of the other clubs and then got a phone call from Margaret, so you were back here again after another hour gone.  You did get the shopping done after the club meeting and decided you had to give Aldi's a miss, as it was getting late in the day and you did need your local shopping centre for other things, birthday card for Hunter and the bank, so the shopping got done at Tescos instead.

You were getting ready for the Residents meeting on Tuesday and finding the paperwork for that and on Wednesday, Margaret is calling on you in the afternoon to have a look at your sewing machine and see if she can sort that for you.  She has already ordered two of Rachel's Christmas baubles for her friend's dogs but there is no way she is getting charged for them after the material she has supplied you with in the past and the fact she is going to try and sort out the sewing machine.  After Margaret has left, depending on what time, you'll probably get along to Aimie with Hunter's birthday card, or it might have to be on Thursday morning, when it is his birthday.

In fact, I've never stopped doing the pelvic floor muscle exercises!  The ones the nurse at the bladder clinic recommended replaced the ones I was taught while in hospital after Andrew was born!  Everything changes, doesn't it!

Yesterday morning you managed to quickly get out in the front garden and clip back the plants that were leaning over the steps going down to your front door and also tackle any of those that had started overhanging the pathway, so that is one job out of the way and done in sunny weather too.  There is still a lot more to do out there, but at least the access to the front door is cleared.  Came in and dusted and vacuumed all of downstairs and then got the sewing machine down for Margaret to have a look at.  She found out what was wrong - there is a tiny screw on the bobbin that just needed a little tweek, so now all is working once more so you can get on with the making of the bandanas.  You'd intended to go along after Margaret had left, to take Hunter's birthday card and present along, but it was getting too late and you had a number of messages to answer on the Nextdoor Site, enquiring about your Monday club after you posted the info on there, so they are now answered and while Margaret was with you your phone rang and it was the surgery, so you're booked in for tomorrow for the Covid jab (and will go along to Aimie after that to see Hunter when they return from school).  You're also booked in for Friday for the Blood Pressure check and next week the flu vaccine arrives.

Jean - David could not take his blood pressure pills yesterday morning, due to nausea, so you cancelled ringing the dentist, off and on toothache, to make sure he was ok.  Finally he did take them.  I did think things were getting sorted for me but once again, there's been a Fawlty Towers-type event at our GP surgery, to do with my medication!  David has a cough and so rang the surgery today to be told they did not deal with covid tests, so it took you half an hour to fill in a form on here to go and get one!!! It is a wonder they did not ask what he had for breakfast!!!  So maybe appointment for tests tomorrow will be cancelled.

Dian, you posted when you were not long in from your Wed club.  Won one game at Bingo but enjoy the chat with friends and the nice cuppa which you had.   Changed bedding last night and got it washed so pleased you did that as out on line and it had turned into a nice sunny day.  Off now to check light bill as have changed supplier.  Today you had wet morning but a bit brighter now.  Waiting on a visit from a friend so need to scoot.

I hope that Rita is having a good day.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum