Nifty Fifties Plus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Ritadonni
Ritadonni

Hello Everyone - Page 3 Empty Re: Hello Everyone

Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:59 pm
I have read back and am glad you are all getting on alright.  This morning I walked to local pharmacy and had booster Covid  jab, then called in to see friend (son's ma in law) I took cream cakes, so we enjoyed those and a chat,  by the time I walked home I felt shattered so made sandwich for lunch and have done absolutely nothing since, just dozed in chair.   Reading on here of how busy you all are I feel useless today, but as long as I can look after myself and keep my house very clean, then I have just got to realise that some days are rest days.   I did not get to go on usual trip to Sainsburys today.
Pauline
Pauline
Admin
https://nifty-fifties.forumotion.com

Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:10 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 3 Gek_au10  At least one thing went right today, instead of me having to go along to see Aimie with Hunter's card, she was going shopping at the centre and called in to see me first and we had a good natter and a couple of cuppas and Kylian enjoyed playing with the toy cars again.  After they had gone there was still loads for me to catch up on with regard to answering people about the club and catching up with other things on the computer.  Then I had some time left before going for the booster jab, so read the meters, seeing as Eon were forcing me to do this earlier than I would normally have to do, by assessing the bill.  When I read these and eventually put them through this afternoon, my electric reading was lower than their assessment and they came back with "are you sure about that reading, as it is lower than then last one".  Well of course it was correct because their assessment was too high.  They then accepted the reading and told me they were sorting out my Direct Debit, well they are going to have a hard job because I don't pay them with Direct Debit - can any admin staff get things right these days. Evil or Very Mad Rolling Eyes.  

Then I get told at the doctors that it will probably be better for me to book the flu jab at the chemists, so got on line to Boots as the surgery still now don't know when theirs will come in, so got on line to Boots when I got home and booked - first one is 5th November, filled in all of the details and got the confirmation, then there is a link I am supposed to confirm back and that isn't working - by this time getting more fed up, but got to keep calm as my BP check is tomorrow and reckon my BP is going up by the minute with all the mistakes I am having to sort out.  At least the covid booster went well today, but we had such a long queue to cope with so instead of 3.10, got the jab at 3.45.  This time it was the Pfizer jab, because they now have a small unit to store them and that is why they were trying to fill up the appointments for today to use the jabs all up.  Now got to get on with those Minutes in case the arm starts playing up tomorrow, as Margaret must have them by Friday.

Back to reading all of your posts from yesterday through to today and catch up with your news.

Jean, I am glad to read that eventually David did take his pills, but you put off phoning the dentist to care for him. Yes thanks, the meeting went well, but was too tired to do much after I got home from that.  Had to laugh about your remark about back to summer dresses because it was a lovely day yesterday and eventually we got the sun again today, but not as warm as yesterday.  I see you had a real bother getting the covid test, because of David's cough, but eventually managed to get the forms for those and do hope you don't have to cancel the appointment for the B12 tomorrow and that the toothache has eased.  Hope Oscar enjoyed his birthday today.  I made a mistake the other day and put down that it was Hunter's 7th birthday, which it wasn't, I was getting mixed up with the date, he was 6 today. 

Dian glad you got to your Wednesday club that you enjoyed and won one game of Bingo and was glad of the natter with friends with a cuppa.  See you got the bed changed and the washing out yesterday and hope that all dried for you in the sunshine.  Good luck with checking the electricity bill and hope that is correct as you have changed suppliers.  Can certainly see the change in your weather with the gif you used.  You can see I now have to get the flu jab from Boots, because the receptionist told me today that they are still not sure about the flu vaccine arriving next week, as they had hoped.  At least I got the booster jab and see what reaction I will have from this, because this time it is Pfizer and my first two were the AZ.  I am really pleased that Margaret got the sewing machine going for me, so now I have got a lot of cutting out to do before I can start whizzing away with that.  Hope your friend arrived for the visit and you enjoyed the time together.

Barbara, I see you still keep up the pelvic floor exercises along with all the others that you now have to do and when David went with you to the pharmacy today for a walk, that was such a good job that you read the leaflet with the medication and found out you weren't supposed to be taking them if you had Glaucoma - what a bad mistake for that locum to make and even the Pharmicist didn't pick up on that one.  Now you have the usual job of trying to get through to the surgery at the usual 8 in the morning - as you say, everything changes, but can say there doesn't seem to be an improvement in many things.  I see that David ordered a light meal from a local cafe so that was ready to collect at the time Andrew was stopping for lunch, which I expect he enjoyed too as he is in the middle of a lot of hard work.  I see you have decided that it will mean visits to the private physio for you as you still haven't heard from the NHS about this and unfortunately they no longer do home visits, so you will have to walk there with David's help.  As you can see from above, I got through a lot of things that needed doing, but not in the order they were planned and that was nice that Aimie was able to visit me which saved me going along to them.

Rita, I really do think you deserved a rest because you certainly aren't slow with all you achieve and think about the gate painting that you got through and see you gave the Sainsbury's trip a miss as you got your booster covid jab (same as me today) and then visited David's m-i-l and enjoyed a cuppa with her and the cream cakes that you took with you and that was after walking to the pharmacy to get the jab, honestly Rita you did enough today.

Well I think I just might have caught up with you all and hopefully all that needs doing at the moment on the computer, so now I am going to sort out the finances again and just before I started on here I printed off the latest Bank Statements, which seem to be the same as my accounts, but better check what has been spent and what I need to pay out next week, then get on with those Minutes.  Have a good evening all of you.

Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:29 am
Today started off well, rang the docs about David to be told I will have to wait for the covid test, so I replied if he does not get help today he will die....

That sorted it and I am having a doctor ring back. I could not believe yesterday that David put the phone down in rage when they were so rude to him about the covid test. not like him at all.  So all tests are cancelled for today, I shall be like a zombie until I get that jab and as for David he has suffered so much with this parathyroid thing for which he was not ill enough to be seen. it is all beyond words.

Luckily the toothache has eased up.
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:38 am
Just got an email to say the test is negative, still awaiting mine.
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:08 am
Hello Everyone - Page 3 Oie_gl56    Good Morning Nifty Ladies.

I managed to get the attention of E-on and the amended bill is correct and they have woken up to the fact that I pay directly to them the full amount and I don't and won't have a Direct Debit.  Think I will keep them waiting until Monday when the next lot of pension arrives in my bank, but at least know what amount I need to pay now.  I will have to call into Boots (possibly on Monday when I have the dental appointment near the shopping centre) to sort out the confirmation of the flu jab and see if they can sort out the fact that the link isn't working, that I was supposed to click on after receiving their confirmation.

Arm is just a little bit sore this morning and I did take a couple of pain killers last evening before settling down for the night, but not too much bother so I am getting on with the Minutes this morning before going over the surgery for the BP check.  Also received another query about our Monday club, so hopefully from the info I put on the Nextdoor site, we will get some new members.

Jean well at least you have the confirmation about the covid test for David and he is clear, but see you are still waiting for yours and at least the toothache has eased for you.  Well done you for wording it loud and strong to the surgery on the phone and do hope you get that return phone call and try and insist, when the call comes through, that he does get some treatment for that parathyroid.  Not good enough the lack of care for him from that practice.  That is a shame that you have had to put off the B12 injection because of the current situation and hope you can get that soon.

Expect you other ladies will be posting again today and hope all of you have a smooth running day.  I am back to the Minutes now and will see if I can achieve completing them before my appointment at 12.15.
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:46 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We've had a cloudy old day today, with no sign of the sun, and it's been quite chilly.

David did the essential shopping early this morning and then accompanied me on a walk.  After lunch, he went to the terrain to play in the club session.  He won 2 games out of 3.  

This morning, I phoned the surgery to ask for a phone consultation with one of the doctors.  The locum who prescribed those tablets for me wasn't in today after all, but I had a call back from one of our own GPs.  I explained to her about the tablets not being suitable for me, as I have glaucoma, but she said that they would after all be all right for me to take, which did shock me a bit.  Afterwards I went on to the NHS website, where it explained that providing the glaucoma drops are monitored and controlled, which mine are, it's safe to take the tablets.  Having had the GP's opinion and finding an item on the NHS website and confirming what the GP had said, I now feel more secure in taking the tablets.

Andrew's boss let all the staff who worked on the virtual corporate event have today off, which was kind of him.   Andrew has had a fairly quiet day but has this afternoon gone into Croydon to do some shopping.

I've also worked a lot on my computer today, including doing another one of those updates.

Rita, you've read back and are glad everyone is getting on alright.  Yesterday morning you walked to local pharmacy and had booster Covid  jab, then called in to see friend (son's ma in law).  You took cream cakes, so you enjoyed those and a chat,  by the time you walked home you felt shattered so made sandwich for lunch and have done absolutely nothing since, just dozed in chair.   There's no need for you to feel useless.  I think you do very well in all you do.  You're right that as long as you can look after yourself and keep your house very clean, then you need to realise that some days are rest days.  You didn't get to go on usual trip to Sainsburys yesterday.

Pauline, at least one thing went right yesterday, instead of you having to go along to see Aimie with Hunter's card, she was going shopping at the centre and called in to see you first and you had a good natter and a couple of cuppas and Kylian enjoyed playing with the toy cars again.  After they'd gone there was still loads for you to catch up on with regard to answering people about the club and catching up with other things on the computer.  Then you had some time left before going for the booster jab, so read the meters, seeing as Eon were forcing you to do this earlier than you would normally have to do, by assessing the bill.  When you read these and eventually put them through yesterday afternoon, your electric reading was lower than their assessment and they came back with "are you sure about that reading, as it is lower than then last one".  Well of course it was correct because their assessment was too high.  They then accepted the reading and told you they were sorting out your Direct Debit, well they are going to have a hard job because you don't pay them with Direct Debit - can any admin staff get things right these days.  I'm beginning to wonder that myself, Pauline!

Then you got told at the doctors that it will probably be better for you to book the flu jab at the chemists, so got on line to Boots as the surgery still now don't know when theirs will come in, so got on line to Boots when you got home and booked - first one is 5th November, filled in all of the details and got the confirmation, then there was a link you're supposed to confirm back and that wasn't working - by this time getting more fed up, but got to keep calm as your BP check is tomorrow and reckon your BP is going up by the minute with all the mistakes you're having to sort out.  At least the covid booster went well yesterday, but we had such a long queue to cope with so instead of 3.10, got the jab at 3.45.  This time it was the Pfizer jab, because they now have a small unit to store them and that is why they were trying to fill up the appointments for today to use the jabs all up.  Then you had to get on with those Minutes in case the arm starts playing up, as Margaret must have them by Friday.

Well, I take it all back about the locum and the tablets she prescribed!  The GP you spoke to today told me to ignore the leaflet.  Having looked at the NHS website, I'm very glad I did ignore it!

After completing the above post, you sorted out the finances again and just before you started on here you printed off the latest Bank Statements, which seem to be the same as your accounts, but better check what has been spent and what you need to pay out next week, then get on with those Minutes.

You managed to get the attention of E-on and the amended bill is correct and they have woken up to the fact that you pay directly to them the full amount and you don't and won't have a Direct Debit.  Think you'll keep them waiting until Monday when the next lot of pension arrives in your bank, but at least know what amount you need to pay now.  You'll have to call into Boots (possibly on Monday when you have the dental appointment near the shopping centre) to sort out the confirmation of the flu jab and see if they can sort out the fact that the link isn't working, that you were supposed to click on after receiving their confirmation.  Arm is just a little bit sore this morning and you did take a couple of pain killers last evening before settling down for the night, but not too much bother so you got on with the Minutes this morning before going over the surgery for the BP check.  Also received another query about your Monday club, so hopefully from the info you put on the Nextdoor site, you'll get some new members.  I hope all went well at your appointment at 12.15.

Jean, today started off well, rang the docs about David to be told you'll have to wait for the covid test, so you replied if he does not get help today he will die.... That sorted it and you're having a doctor ring back. You couldn't believe yesterday that David put the phone down in rage when they were so rude to him about the covid test. not like him at all.  So all tests are cancelled for today, you shall be like a zombie until you get that jab and as for David he has suffered so much with this parathyroid thing for which he was not ill enough to be seen.  It is all beyond words.  Luckily the toothache has eased up.

P.S.; You just got an email to say the test is negative, still awaiting yours.

Stay safe and well, everyone!

Lots of love from me to all!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:27 am
Hello Everyone - Page 3 Wyakkc11    Hi Everyone.  Well I don't know if it is to do with the jab or the fact that I was up about 5.30 this morning and probably didn't have enough sleep, but am going to have a lay down for a while because I am falling asleep again after doing a lot of catching up once again on the computer, printing things off and generally getting all cleared ready to do some cutting out of the bandanas and then get going on the sewing machine, but just know I have got to have a rest before starting that lot.

Yesterday the Minutes got typed up and I managed to get them into 3 pages of A4 and printed off a copy for me, then emailed them through to Margaret and she was happy with them.  The BP check the nurse ran about 3 times and found it to be slightly higher than normal, so have got to go back next Thursday for another check - told the nurse it was probably due to me having to sort out the E-on bill and the fact they hadn't got things right in the first place.  That is all sorted now and will pay that on Monday.  The gas used is lower than this time last year, but of course I am cooking now by electric, but had thought with the heating going on now and again quite early in the year it would be higher use than last October bill, so pleasantly surprised.  Electric was also lower, considering I am doing cooking with that now, so the new electric appliances must be working efficiently.  Got to go to the dentist on Monday and while I am up at the centre I will check out that query with Boots about the link not working on the flu jab appointment and then onto the club.  I want to get a lot of the bandanas done this weekend in the hope that the good weather continues next week and I can get on with the garden.

Barbara, glad to read that is sorted with regard to the medication that you now know can be taken while you are using the drops for the Glaucoma and you did get a phone call from the doctor about this.  See that David is getting in games at the terrain and hope that Andrew enjoyed his day off yesterday and the shoppping in Croydon.  See you got on with the computer work and an updae on there - so keeping busy all of you.

Jean I hope you have got the results of your covid test and you Dian and Rita had a good day yesterday.

Off for the siesta (although it isn't afternoon yet) and then to work on the sewing machine.
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:46 am
Still no result for me, I expect it has gone in outer space so more hassle for me. David is better today, and has the occasional cough, plus pain in the stomach from all that coughing.

He is so annoying, got the prescription from the chemist, they were kind enough to bring round and on the notes it stated you should not take this if you have AF which he has. The doctor did say he thought the cough would be gone in another two days and to wait before taking the tablets.  Well he would not let me ring up regarding these pills and the AF.  Pauline you know he drives me mad.

Barbara I see  your doc told you to ignore the notes and take the pill anyway.

Rita glad that you had nice cream cakes, you deserve them.

Dian hope you are fine, cannot take any jabs until I get the result, just try ringing 119  It is a nightmare.
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:21 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We had a thick fog for quite a long time this morning but it eventually disappeared and the sun came out.  It's been with us for most of the day though it's clouding over a bit now.  It's also been nice and mild again.

David went out early this morning to buy a newspaper and then went to the terrain to help set up for an all day competition.  He's still playing now and I hope he's winning!  I've had an easy day today apart from putting the washing machine on; and trying to complete the cryptic crossword.  I'm currently waiting for the washing machine to finish so that I can hang up the clothes.  Andrew has had an easy day too and is watching a programme on TV about aeroplanes during World War 2.

Pauline, you don't know if it's to do with the jab or the fact that you were up about 5.30 this morning and probably didn't have enough sleep, but are going to have a lay down for a while because you were falling asleep again after doing a lot of catching up once again on the computer, printing things off and generally getting all cleared ready to do some cutting out of the bandanas and then get going on the sewing machine, but just know you've got to have a rest before starting that lot.  

Yesterday the Minutes got typed up and you managed to get them into 3 pages of A4 and printed off a copy for yourself, then emailed them through to Margaret and she was happy with them.  The BP check the nurse ran about 3 times and found it to be slightly higher than normal, so have got to go back next Thursday for another check - told the nurse it was probably due to your having to sort out the E-on bill and the fact they hadn't got things right in the first place.  That is all sorted now and will pay that on Monday.  The gas used is lower than this time last year, but of course you're cooking now by electric, but had thought with the heating going on now and again quite early in the year it would be higher use than last October bill, so pleasantly surprised.  Electric was also lower, considering you're doing cooking with that now, so the new electric appliances must be working efficiently.  Got to go to the dentist on Monday and while you're up at the centre you'll check out that query with Boots about the link not working on the flu jab appointment and then onto the club.  You want to get a lot of the bandanas done this weekend in the hope that the good weather continues next week and you can get on with the garden.

I hope you enjoyed your siesta.  Well, it's afternoon now, lol!

Jean, still no result for you, and you expect it has gone in outer space so more hassle for you.  David is better today, and has the occasional cough, plus pain in the stomach from all that coughing.  He's so annoying, got the prescription from the chemist, they were kind enough to bring round and on the notes it stated you should not take this if you have AF which he has. The doctor did say he thought the cough would be gone in another two days and to wait before taking the tablets.  Well he wouldn't let you ring up regarding these pills and the AF.

I hope that Dian and Rita are having good days.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:04 am
Finally got my test result, it had not been registered...beyond words. luckily I had the bar code from which they traced it. It was ok.

David tried to get the car out this morning but gave up because he was too weak. same as me today.  Who would have thought missing that injection would wear me out.  Shall have to see if he can get out tomorrow.

Pauline see you are tired.  Hope you have a good sleep and feel better.  We are not as fit as we used to be because of covid.  I am seeing if I can manage the dog walk.it is raining at the moment.

Barbara that is a very good hobby that David has, keeps him fit.
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:50 am
Hello Everyone - Page 3 Fx5vja10    Sunny Autumn morning out there and today Stephen has a couple of items to deliver this way, so is picking me up and we are going out for Sunday Lunch - probably the Elwes Arms near me - nice village pub with Sunday Roast, so looking forward to that.  Rachel is away for four days with her Mum and Beth and unfortunately her sister couldn't join them - she tested positive for Covid, caught off of Caiden her son.

Yesterday when I went upstairs for that early siesta it actually didn't happen, because I got involved with cutting out a lot of the material for the bandanas and that tiredness wore off - I reckon it was probably the affects of the jab and all soreness from that has gone and am certainly wide awake this morning after about 5 hours sleep.   So far have caught up with the emails and tidied up downstairs again (swept up all of the cottons on the floor from the sewing machine activity).  Still having trouble with the tension, depending on what type of material I am sewing, but getting there.

Dian, we haven't heard from you since Thursday, so do hope you are okay and you have just been busy with family members and going out.

Rita I hope you are enjoying your weekend with this lovely weather.

Barbara, same here, yesterday and the day before - foggy early morning.  I see that David was involved in setting up for a competition at the terrain and went there after the shopping. Hope he did well with his games.  I see that Andrew was enjoying another easy day and you were too, having put the washing machine on - that is one household item that we certainly all would miss these days.  As you can see from above, that tiredness did wear off and I never did get the siesta, but got on with the bandanas.

Jean,  I know David can drive you mad at times, but that is most men for you, so obstinate, when of course, us women always know better (of course we do  Wink), but they take no notice of us.   I am glad that you got your test result, but that was only after you chasing it and fortunately you could give them the barcode, so they traced it. Fortunately it was clear, but sorry to read that you feel weak today and David too, so the car didn't come out.  That tiredness wore off for me, so reckon that was one of the reactions to the booster jab, but all symptoms now disappeared.  Whow - you are only a few miles away from me and so far this morning it has been sunny and no rain like you had.  Hope that has cleared up for you and you can get out with Coco for her walk.  Will be good if you can get another apppointment fairly quickly, for the B12 jab that you had to cancel.  I see your post this morning turned onto page 43 and we are still on the same section - strange that fact, because usually when we reach page 40 it closes down and another section opens up.

I must away and get a bit more machining done and then get ready to enjoy that Sunday roast - unexpected surprise that.  Enjoy your day everyone.  
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:53 pm
[b]Hello Everyone - Page 3 Bells_23 Pauline wise to catch up on your rest but see you did not get it. That is a nice surprise Stephen taking you out for lunch See Rachel got to go on a break with her mum and Beth. Also you are still having trouble with the tension on your machine .Good you got up to date with  e.mails  and also tidied up. Enjoy your lunch with Stephen

Jean hope you manage to get that jab soon and feel so much better. Hope David has a good day .

Barbara David went out early as he has to help at the terrain ............hope he did win .You did have an easy day apart from doing a washing and computer work
also Andrew had a lazy day

Rita hope your day is going along nicely.

Just waiting on younger daughter to pick me up as having dinner at her house she has just got another rescue dog so looking forward to seeing him.Now off to hang out a small washing and hope it does,t rain. Have a good day ladies
[/b]
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:49 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We're having very mixed weather here today. It started off misty and then turned cloudy. Just before lunchtime, we had a short shower, followed by the sun peeking out. Since then, it's alternated between sunshine and cloud. It's not at all cold, though.

David went out to buy a newspaper early this morning and then went to the terrain to take part in the club session. I'm pleased to say that he won yesterday's competition and came home with a trophy and a bottle of wine! He came 2nd in the shooting competition which took place in the lunch break. He'd been hoping to win it again but no such luck on that score! Still, he did well to win the main competition! After lunch today, he kindly accompanied me on a local walk. I've also attempted the general knowledge crossword in the newspaper and have posted my answers to the latest Take A Break magazine online. Andrew has had another quiet day, ready for his return to work tomorrow.

Jean, finally got your test result, it had not been registered...beyond words. Luckily you had the bar code from which they traced it. It was ok. I'm glad your test result was ok but it seems that your surgery is just as chaotic as mine! David tried to get the car out this morning but gave up because he was too weak. Same as you today. Who would have thought missing that injection would wear you out. Shall have to see if he can get out tomorrow. Indeed, Petanque is a very good hobby and does keep the players fit. It's not a strenuous sport but it means being on one's feet for a long time, which, during an all-day competition, can be tiring in itself. I wish I hadn't had to give it up due to ill health but that's life.

Pauline, you had a nice sunny Autumn morning and today Stephen had a couple of items to deliver your way, so picked you up and you went out for Sunday Lunch - at the Elwes Arms near you - nice village pub with Sunday Roast! Rachel is away for four days with her Mum and Beth and unfortunately her sister couldn't join them - she tested positive for Covid, caught off of Caiden her son.

Yesterday when you went upstairs for that early siesta it actually didn't happen, because you got involved with cutting out a lot of the material for the bandanas and that tiredness wore off - you reckon it was probably the affects of the jab and all soreness from that has gone and you were certainly wide awake this morning after about 5 hours sleep. So far you've caught up with the emails and tidied up downstairs again (swept up all of the cottons on the floor from the sewing machine activity). Still having trouble with the tension, depending on what type of material you're sewing, but getting there.

David certainly did do well with his games in the main competition but was a little disappointed not to win the shooting competition for a 2nd time. There's always next year!

Yes, what would we do without our washing machines!

Dian, you were just waiting on younger daughter to pick you up as having dinner at her house. She has just got another rescue dog so looking forward to seeing him. After posting you hung out a small washing in the hope it didn't rain! I expect you enjoyed your day at a your daughter's house.

Rita, I hope you're having a good day.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:39 am
Hello Everyone - Page 3 Rs4vsf13

Hi Ladies.  Getting some lovely Autumn colours now to look at outside.  Yesterday enjoyed the lunch out and got there about 2 in the afternoon - roast beef meal for both of us followed by sticky toffee pudding with custard and caramel sauce, which left both of us feeling we shouldn't have had that dessert, but it was enjoyable.

Busy day today and was up early, but went to sleep earlier than usual.  Gone through all of the emails so far and got up-to-date with them, reposted the ad on the Nextdoor site for the social club in the hope that new members will turn up today and printed out a copy of that for the club officers with a list of the names of people who have said they would be interested in joining.  Got the dental appointment at 10.25 and after that will go into Boots to sort out the link that didn't work with regard to the flu vaccine and do need to do some top up shopping, then home to put that away and then off to the club.  The rest of this week I will do my best to get on with the garden jobs (looks as though the weather is going to be dry) and later in the days try to make some more of the bandanas.

Dian I did enjoy the lunch out with Stephen and expect yesterday was enjoyable for you having dinner at your younger daughter's house and also meeting her new rescue dog.  Do hope the weather was good like it was here and you got the washing dry outside.

Barbara, see it was mixed weather for you yesterday and it was strange here that Jean (in Wellingborough, just a few miles along from me in Northampeon) got the rain and we didn't - in fact it was perfect weather all day and warm too.  After David got the newspaper yesterday he was off to the club and the day before came home with a trophy and a bottle of wine for winning in the competition and achieved second place in the shooting comp.  After lunch yesterday he accompanied you on a walk and then you got on with the competitons in the newspaper and Take a Break magazine and posted off the results - hope you get a win from them.  Andrew making the most of a relaxed day away from work, ready to start gain today.

Jean hoping that you manage to get another appointment quickly lined up for the B12 injection and that both of you feel that much better today.

Rita, hope the weekend went well for you and you got some visits from your relatives.

Must away now ladies and get ready to leave here about 10.00 a.m.  Hope all of you get a good start to the week.

Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:53 am
Hi  Dian. I am sure you had a lovely meal out with your daughter and Pauline see you had a nice lunch out.

David is a bit better this morning and I am as well.  Will try and get those appointments later, as it is no use ringing them today, l will be 50 or so in the queue.

Tescos has brought the grocery and I managed to get 2 small turkey crowns for when the family come at Xmas, also some sprouts which I could not get before.

I think it is a bit cold though and have the heating on. our house is always cold. I expect that is the insulation.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:58 pm
[b][b]Hello Everyone - Page 3 1i6fjy47Pauline good you and Stephen enjoyed your lunch out.Do hope you will get some new members for your club. Trusting  all went well at the dentist and you enjoyed the club.

Jean good you are feeling a lot better also David too  Hope you manage to get your appointment. Good you got your turkey crowns from Tescos

Barbara well done David with his wins and prizes. Nice that he took you for your walk Hope you win the crossword in the newspaper. Andrew having a nice quiet day too.

Rita trusting that your having a nice day

Quite chilly here today so just got to accept that from now on till the spring..........wishing you all a nice day
[/b][/b]
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:32 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

Today started off with some dull weather but the sun came out shortly afterwards and has been with us ever since.  It's good to see it!  It's also not at all cold.

David did the essential shopping early this morning and then he went into Croydon to buy some socks.  After lunch, he accompanied me on a walk into Addiscombe where I bought some household items.  He's now watching snooker on the TV.  Andrew is back at work today, upstairs in our office, only coming downstairs to make and eat his lunch.  I've also tackled the cryptic crossword in the newspaper and watched a couple of TV programmes that I've missed, on the computer.  I have a private physio appointment booked for this Friday but am hoping they'll have a cancellation in the meantime.

Pauline, getting some lovely Autumn colours now to look at outside.  Yesterday enjoyed the lunch out and got there about 2 in the afternoon - roast beef meal for both of you followed by sticky toffee pudding with custard and caramel sauce, which left both of you feeling you shouldn't have had that dessert, but it was enjoyable.  It's so easy to feel like that after a nice big meal, isn't it!

Busy day today and was up early, but went to sleep earlier than usual.  Gone through all of the emails so far and got up-to-date with them, reposted the ad on the Nextdoor site for the social club in the hope that new members will turn up today and printed out a copy of that for the club officers with a list of the names of people who have said they would be interested in joining.  Got the dental appointment at 10.25 and after that will go into Boots to sort out the link that didn't work with regard to the flu vaccine and do need to do some top up shopping, then home to put that away and then off to the club.  The rest of this week you'll do your best to get on with the garden jobs (looks as though the weather is going to be dry) and later in the days try to make some more of the bandanas.  I do hope your dental appointment went well.

Jean - David is a bit better this morning and you are as well, which is good to hear!  Will try and get those appointments later, as it is no use ringing them today!  Will be 50 or so in the queue.  Tescos has brought the grocery and you managed to get 2 small turkey crowns for when the family come at Xmas, also some sprouts which you couldn't get before.  It's a bit cold though and have the heating on.  You've said that your house is always cold.  You expect that is the insulation.

Dian, it's quite chilly today where you are and so just got to accept that from now on till the spring.  My Dad always used to say: "Roll on springtime!"

I hope that Rita is having a good day.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ritadonni
Ritadonni

Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:26 pm
I thought I had posted on here this morning but I cannot find it.  Yesterday I had taxi to town and met my niece and her friend for lunch then we looked round at some stalls. One was selling all products, cheeses etc of SHEEPS milk. Another of home made wines. Paintings etc. We did not buy and as my knee was not stable I got taxi home.  Today I put brace on my knee and managed to put another coat of ranch paint on drive gate. I was struggling, walking stick in one hand but got it done, just got into house when Oakhouse delivered some ready meals, so I heated one up and enjoyed it, then dozed off, then went to bed, slept for three hours.  Had another ready meal. It's months since I had any from Oakhouse, prefer to cook properly but I was so very glad to have  them today.

I am keeping ok for my age but it is difficult some days.  I must make myself go out otherwise like many old folk I do not see anyone at all, my TV  has no subtitles which I rely on, I believe there is some kind of headquarters problems/faults affecting all commercial tv channels.

I have read back to your posts.

Jean I am sorry you have such worries about David, it's hard to cope I know. I see you are planning for Christmas and got Turkey, so your dinner assured

Dian, I hope you are feeling better and getting out with your family.

Barbara, it's good your menfolk are doing well, and  you are trying your best to 'get going' in spite of your walking and other problems.

Pauline, it's good that you got out for lunch with Stephen and then today you would be with friends at your club, getting it all back to nice meetings with friends.

Cheerio  then.
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:42 am
I am half sharp today, got appointment for jab tomorrow thank goodness. David has one for his blood test, both were cancelled on Friday.

Rita you do get about. Nice meeting up with friends. Never had sheeps milk.

Hope Pauline is ok, believe she is going to the dentist?
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:04 am
Hello Everyone - Page 3 1o3wsa27 Pauline hope all went fine at the dentist and your club.

Jean good news getting your jab. Hope David feeling a bit better today

Rita that was a nice outing you had with friends. Always cheers us up. Well done with more painting of your gate .Good you enjoyed your ready meals.

Barbara  David did his essential shopping and then into Croydon to buy some socks. After lunch he took you into Addiscombe where you bought some household items. Andrew busy as ever upstairs. Hope you do get a cancellation for the physio .

Well it is dry so far so do hope it stays that way .Finished the ironing yesterday so now going to vacuum upstairs. Wishing you all a good day
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:18 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 3 Toadst10    Hi Ladies.  On and off sun out there this morning with plenty of clouds passing by, but still dry and hopefully no rain today so that I can get in the garden after posting this.  Emails caught up with, so am up-to-date on the computer.

Yesterday the dental appointment went okay - existing teeth (what is left of them) still hanging on in there and all okay, then I went across to the centre where I saw two ladies that used to go to the club and tried to encourage them to come back, knowing that they were two people that Michael  (former Treasurer) had regular phone contact with and had tried to tell them not to join again - in his words would now be Lesley's club (and not the same), which we know isn't true as without him all of the members are now getting a better say in what does and doesn't happen, so did my bit of P R there.  

After that called into Boots and they confirmed my flu appointment and said not to worry about the link that didn't work.  Lady there did confirm that was probably because they couldn't take any further bookings at the moment, because they were now short of the flu vaccine, so looks as though I got booked just in time.  

Got the shopping done in Tescos and on leaving there saw Pauline (new Treasurer) and Lesley (Secretary) and they said they had gone to TSB, but on their advice the account should be closed with them, so former Treasurer couldn't see what was going on and apparently they had already called into NatWest who didn't want to take the account on (not sure I quite believe that one) and decided that they should go to Barclays - and think that is because Lesley herself banks with Barclays.  On leaving the centre got the bus and Margaret was on that one and we both got off at my home and had a cup of coffee while I put the shopping away and we had a natter.  Think Margaret was of the same opinion about choosing Barclays, but nothing can be done at the moment as Lesley is off on holiday for 2 weeks and as the money isn't urgently needed (and there is a large float available) Bank matters can be sorted on her return with the three officers.

We both went off to the club and got there at 12.30 and there were two more members on the bus on their way to the club.  One new member did turn up from my write up on the Nextdoor site and that was a man, so now there are two male members, plus Ken from Age UK ( who calls in from time to time) and there were another 3 out of those that contacted me, said they might be there in 2 weeks, so hopefully next week we might have grown the membership a bit further.  Had the general natter at the start with a cuppa and biscuits and this week we had a raffle that was based on food items and next week going to be general items (no books) and I have some DVDs that can go to that (I didn't win anything this week) - we are going to pick on a different theme each week and one week it could be toiletries, cosmetics, etc., and another one Christmas items.  Had a game of indoor kurling this week and then more cuppas with cake and then home after a happy afternoon.  

Got off the bus and one of Cathy's neighbours (old friend who died, who started off the sales with myself, Gennie and Maria and who used to go to the Residents Council) was waiting at the stop for the bus, so a quick exchange of greetings with him - certainly a day of bumping into people.

One thing that was a bit disturbing yesterday was that the council had been round grass cutting (missing the bit outside my house as usual - growling about that and will contact the contractors with a moan) and at the other end of my terrace of four, on a fairly wide bit of grass bank that had been cut, there was a dead fully grown rat.  Bit worrying, because until now we haven't seen them around our small area as they are usually on the other side of the road where Billing Brook flows.  Because I put out bird food and have had hedgehogs in the garden, I do keep a keen eye out for any rodents and honestly over the years have only spotted a mouse in the garden on two separate occasions.  Although I like cats, but do moan about them hiding in my garden and going after the birds, I am still glad they are around, because they are the only good deterrent as far as rats and mice are concerned.  Talking about the wildlife I was having a good laugh this morning at the squirrel who was perching on my side fence and reaching the berries on the Himalayan Honeysuckle outside of the fence and having a good feed on them.  I know the blackbirds love them, but that is the first time I have seen the squirrel feeding off of them.  This is the plant I am talking about:- Hello Everyone - Page 3 Hh10

Well it is now afternoon and I am still not out in the garden yet, so got to get a move on with this -  Received a couple of phone calls since starting this and that has taken up quite a bit of time.  Reading your posts now.

Jean, Glad to read that you and David both felt a bit better yesterday and today have sorted out your appointment for the B12 for tomorrow and also got one of David's blood tests booked in.  Yes thanks, as you can see from above, the dental appointment went okay and it was a fairly full up Monday.  That was good that your Tesco order arrived and that you managed to get the 2 turkey crowns ready for Christmas, also the sprouts that you hadn't managed to get before this.  My heating went on for a while yesterday evening, but switched it off again later and it is still off today - every day we can get away without using it,  is going to be a help.  I did finish off yesterday by paying the Eon bill, which wasn't too bad.

Dian you can see from above that at least one new member turned up and hopefully there will be more next week, as some of those that replied did state they would see us in a couple of weeks and yes all went well at the dentists.   Expect you enjoyed your meal with the family at the weekend and meeting the new rehomed dog.  See it was chillier your way yesterday, but as you say, have got to accept that now.  Still dry for you today and you are going to get on with some housework and yesterday you got the ironing finished and tomorrow it will be your club day.

Barbara, yes it was nice to see the sun yesterday and the warmth with it and it was the same here (bit colder in the evening though for us).  David went into Croydon to buy some socks yesterday after the essential shopping and then accompanied you on a walk into Addiscombe where you bought some household items.  Andrew was back at work as usual and you later tackled the newspaper cryptic crossword and then caught up with some t v programmes you had missed.  You have the physio appointment booked for Friday, but you are hoping for a cancellation so you can get in earlier for that.  

Rita, that was an interesting outing for you meeting up with your niece and her friend for lunch on Sunday and looking around the different stalls displaying several interestig items.  Same as Jean, me too, never seen cheese made from sheeps' milk and other things from that - certainly very different, plus there were wines and paintings, so all sounded very entertaining.  Taxi home for you after that.  Lot more hard work for you yesterday completing the other coat of paint on the gates - tiring too, having to hold onto your stick while doing that, so well done Rita.  Handy to have the Oakhouse delivery of meals, so you were able to make use of them before and after a good sleep after all of the hard work.  You certainly didn't need to be doing any cooking from scratch after that hard work.  I hope by now the subtitle problem has been sorted on your t v service, because we know how you rely on them.  It certainly is good to get at least one of the clubs back and running smoothly again and I am enjoying that.

Later than I planned to get in the garden, so going to have a quick lunch and then get cracking out there and hope all goes well for you all for the rest of the day.
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:24 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We've had a dry day again today, with some sunshine at times.  There was a slightly cool breeze.

David did the essential shopping early this morning.  Afterwards, he mowed our lawn.  He then accompanied me on a walk and it was good to be out in the sunshine.  After lunch, he went on a long walk, collected his prescription and bought some new tea towels.  He's now watching some snooker on the TV.  It's the Home Nations Tournament.  Andrew is working hard once again upstairs in our office, and only came downstairs to make and eat his lunch.  This morning, I tackled the cryptic crossword in the newspaper, but once again only completed about half of it.  After lunch, I watched some TV and then did some work on my computer.

Rita, the day before yesterday you had taxi to town and met your niece and her friend for lunch then you looked round at some stalls. One was selling all products, cheeses etc of SHEEPS milk. Another of home made wines. Paintings etc. You did not buy and as your knee was not stable you got taxi home.  Yesterday you put brace on your knee and managed to put another coat of ranch paint on drive gate. You were struggling, walking stick in one hand but got it done, just got into house when Oakhouse delivered some ready meals, so you heated one up and enjoyed it, then dozed off, then went to bed, slept for three hours.  Had another ready meal. It's months since you had any from Oakhouse, prefer to cook properly but you were so very glad to have them that day.

It's good to know that you're keeping ok for your age but it is difficult some days.  You need to make yourself go out otherwise like many old folk you do not see anyone at all, your TV  has no subtitles which you rely on, you believe there is some kind of headquarters problems/faults affecting all commercial tv channels.

Thank you for your kind words to me.

Jean, you're half sharp today, got appointment for jab tomorrow thank goodness.  David has one for his blood test, both were cancelled on Friday.  I hope all goes well for you both.

Dian, you've had a dry day so far so do hope it stays that way.  Finished the ironing yesterday so now going to vacuum upstairs.  Yes, I'm still hoping to have a cancellation before my physio appointment on Friday.

Pauline, on and off sun out there this morning with plenty of clouds passing by, but still dry and hopefully no rain today so that you can get in the garden after posting this.  Emails caught up with, so are up-to-date on the computer.

Yesterday the dental appointment went okay - existing teeth (what is left of them) still hanging on in there and all okay, then you went across to the centre where you saw two ladies that used to go to the club and tried to encourage them to come back, knowing that they were two people that Michael  (former Treasurer) had regular phone contact with and had tried to tell them not to join again - in his words would now be Lesley's club (and not the same), which you know isn't true as without him all of the members are now getting a better say in what does and doesn't happen, so did your bit of P R there.  Good for you!  After that called into Boots and they confirmed your flu appointment and said not to worry about the link that didn't work.  Lady there did confirm that was probably because they couldn't take any further bookings at the moment, because they were now short of the flu vaccine, so looks as though you got booked just in time.

Got the shopping done in Tescos and on leaving there saw Pauline (new Treasurer) and Lesley (Secretary) and they said they had gone to TSB, but on their advice the account should be closed with them, so former Treasurer couldn't see what was going on and apparently they had already called into NatWest who didn't want to take the account on (not sure you quite believe that one) and decided that they should go to Barclays - and think that is because Lesley herself banks with Barclays.  On leaving the centre got the bus and Margaret was on that one and you both got off at your home and had a cup of coffee while you put the shopping away and you had a natter.  Think Margaret was of the same opinion about choosing Barclays, but nothing can be done at the moment as Lesley is off on holiday for 2 weeks and as the money isn't urgently needed (and there is a large float available) Bank matters can be sorted on her return with the three officers.

You both went off to the club and got there at 12.30 and there were two more members on the bus on their way to the club.  One new member did turn up from your write up on the Nextdoor site and that was a man, so now there are two male members, plus Ken from Age UK (who calls in from time to time) and there were another 3 out of those that contacted you, said they might be there in 2 weeks, so hopefully next week you might have grown the membership a bit further.  Had the general natter at the start with a cuppa and biscuits and this week you had a raffle that was based on food items and next week going to be general items (no books) and you have some DVDs that can go to that (you didn't win anything this week) - you are going to pick on a different theme each week and one week it could be toiletries, cosmetics, etc., and another one Christmas items.  Had a game of indoor kurling this week and then more cuppas with cake and then home after a happy afternoon.  The kurling sounded especially fun!

Got off the bus and one of Cathy's neighbours (old friend who died, who started off the sales with yourself, Gennie and Maria and who used to go to the Residents Council) was waiting at the stop for the bus, so a quick exchange of greetings with him - certainly a day of bumping into people.

One thing that was a bit disturbing yesterday was that the council had been round grass cutting (missing the bit outside your house as usual - growling about that and will contact the contractors with a moan) and at the other end of your terrace of four, on a fairly wide bit of grass bank that had been cut, there was a dead fully grown rat.  Bit worrying, because until now you haven't seen them around your small area as they are usually on the other side of the road where Billing Brook flows.  Because you put out bird food and have had hedgehogs in the garden, you do keep a keen eye out for any rodents and honestly over the years have only spotted a mouse in the garden on two separate occasions.  Although you like cats, but do moan about them hiding in your garden and going after the birds, you are still glad they are around, because they are the only good deterrent as far as rats and mice are concerned.  Talking about the wildlife you were having a good laugh this morning at the squirrel who was perching on your side fence and reaching the berries on the Himalayan Honeysuckle outside of the fence and having a good feed on them.  You know the blackbirds love them, but that is the first time you have seen the squirrel feeding off of them.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:26 am
Pauline  is the rat still there?  Maybe the council will take it (environmental health?).   I once phoned them over a rabbit which had been poisoned by that drug that was given out to kill the rabbits off, and they did turn up. I could not do anything because of the dogs.

I am debating as whether I should resign from bowls, yesterday Colin asked me to lift the mats and could not understand that I could not do it.  Hopefully the jab should help today.  David is not too good and I will have to help him into the surgery, because he does not appear ill and people think he is not.
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:49 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 3 5etred10    Good Afternoon Ladies.

Morning has gone doing small indoor jobs and computer work and as far as yesterday was concerned, when I finally got into the garden I spent a long time clearing all of the leaves from the flower beds, planters and lawn ready to cut the grass and as soon as I had completed this ready to get the mower working, down came heavy rain - beaten again in what I wanted to do.  All I can say is that another layer of leaves is now all over the garden, which need clearing again before cutting, but think I just won't say what I plan to do today, just in case the weather hears me Rolling Eyes  Mad.

Barbara, I needed the weather that you got yesterday and it was promised for here, but didn't happen as you can see by what I said above and I see that David did manage to cut the lawn and later accompanied you on a walk and after lunch went for a long walk and got some extra items from the shops.  Andrew working as usual and you got half of the cryptic crossword completed, watched some t v and did the work on the computer.  

Jean, I haven't walked that way where the rat is since Monday, but just have too much to do at the moment to write individual complaints, but if it is still there (have to go out tomorrow for the blood pressure check) I will take a photo of it and then with that photo and a few others, showing the shambles of a council bank outside, that hasn't been cut and the state of the front pathway, plus another moan about that awful tree that causes so much damage and work to the properties under it,  I will send them in an email to our local lady councillor (who just happens to be on the pensioners' forum) - she is Labour (and I have got to say that our Liberal councillor is a waste of space) and see if I can get any action through her.  When you spoke about that rabbit, that was the time when local councils did take things seriously and had to clear that rabbit.  The local councils just don't care these days and with cutbacks, state that they don't have the resources.  I have a real mixture here with two councillors representing different political parties and Michael Ellis is our Conservative MP (now Paymaster General) and I just recently had a real go at him about the lack of action on climate change and he came back to me with the usual waffle about what the Government intend to do by 2050 and I pointed out to him that was a bit too late.  Unusual for me not to get an answer directly back from him, but this time he is keeping quiet - obviously hit the nail on the head about the attitude of our Government hosting the Glasgow summit and demanding other countries to do more, when they are still backing the new Cambro oil/gas field that is proposed.

Just because you are chair of the bowling club, that doesn't mean that you should have to do all of the clearing by yourself.  When we do the indoor kurling (obviously not so heavy as your indoor bowling) all the members collect the equipments up after the games have finished.  I see that David isn't too good today and you will have to help him to get in for the blood test and you thankfully, will get your B12 jab today - hopefully you will feel more energetic after that.

Dian and Rita, hope your day is going well and you might be on here later today.

Off to the (won't say the word, because it is clouding over again out there  Rolling Eyes ) to see what I can do.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:38 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 3 Eyffgs37Pauline good all was fine at the Dentist. You sure had a busy day yesterday and sorry the rain arrived when you were about to cut the grass......know the feeling. Good all seems to be going good for your club with new people joining. Just saw in my back garden so many leaves have fallen since the last batch I cleared up.

Jean do not see why you should resign from bowling   ........everyone should help.Do hope you feel better after your jab. Sorry David still not feeling any better

Barbara David shopped early then mowed the lawn. After that took you for a walk  which you enjoyed in the sunshine. After a long walk after lunch he bought some items also collected his prescription. Then watched snooker tournament on tv. Andrew working hard as ever upstairs. After lunch you watched some TV and worked on the computer.

Rita hope your having a good day

Not long in from Wed club which I enjoyed .Now off to make a nice cuppa and might lift some more leaves
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum