Nifty Fifties Plus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Pauline
Pauline
Admin
https://nifty-fifties.forumotion.com

Hello Everyone - Page 38 Empty Re: Hello Everyone

Fri Apr 22, 2022 2:55 pm
Here again after my post this morning and back from shopping and all put away.  Dentist was okay - nothing needed doing.  Got an answer back from Jean and I had sent her a link to copy and paste and she says it comes up not found.  Well I have tried the same link and it works for me.  Now I have sent her the link below and all she has to do is click on it.  I have sent myself an email with the same link and it works, so would you do me a favour ladies and click on the link below and see if it works for all of you.

https://nifty-fifties.forumotion.com/

When it does, you should get back to the Home Page and then just press on Your First Forum under the large blue bar that crosses the page and then the next page opens up with the blue bar going across it and you will see the page to click on  (38 at the moment) to get back here.

Last edited by Pauline on Fri Apr 22, 2022 3:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
Ritadonni
Ritadonni

Fri Apr 22, 2022 3:00 pm
It's cold and very windy here, but I will not put heating on yet.  I write this on my iPad and am annoyed already as it keeps altering  words that I have spelled correctly and often into entirely different words.

Pauline, it will be good to see you on Wednesday,  I am sorry that Jean is unable to fit in that date, I will miss my fortnightly meeting for older ladies at church on that day.  Folk here complaining as buses now only every 90 minutes and town buses have also altered their times, so anyone wanting to get another bus to say another shopping centre will have to work out connecting times.

I've done usual vacuuming, dusting, etc, been looking at catalogue for a garden chair but now think will be content with what I already have, as may not use one that often.  

PAULINE the photos of the boys are good, fine lads growing up so quickly.  They will enjoy being with all family at your home this weekend. I hope you got all you need when shopping today, it's so cold standing about for buses when tired after shopping.

DIAN.  That would be so pleasant for you being at dinner with your daughter.

BARBARA. You keep busy on your computer and your exercises, do you find them beneficial? I hope David is feeling better now and managed to get out to Bowls.

JEAN,  I see you have bother getting in on line here,    I know this is frustrating for you and sorry we will not be seeing you at Northampton on Wednesday.
Ritadonni
Ritadonni

Fri Apr 22, 2022 3:05 pm
I just tried that Pauline, it took me to say the last posting ( was by me) then have to click that and get to see present/last posting. So I am here now,!
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Fri Apr 22, 2022 3:32 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 38 Omstm112    Back again.

Bless you Rita for trying that link, so you and I both know it works and if it doesn't work for Jean this time, then we know there is nothing wrong with the link or this site, but probably down to Jean not following the instructions correctly or trouble with her computer or ISP.  I just cannot find any other way now to help her.

Yes, really looking forward to meeting you on Wednesday and now know it will only be Margaret who you have met before, plus the other Maria who knew Maria and Gennie - lacking in quantity but certainly full of quality  Smile.

Buses here are at longer intervals between them, but luckily as I came down from shopping the bus was waiting and just getting ready to pull away, so lucky I caught that and I got all of the shopping I needed.  I see you have been busy with the housework and see what you said about perhaps not buying a new chair for the garden and you might be right, that perhaps there might not be too many times to use it, although let's hope for good continual weather during the next few months.  Yes, those two boys are growing well and I know they will enjoy being here on Saturday and playing with the toys (including Kylian's new presents).  

I am now off to do some cooking and preparation for tomorrow and hope you enjoy the rest of your afternoon.

BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Fri Apr 22, 2022 4:43 pm
[justify]Good Afternoon everyone!

The day started off cloudy and with a very cold wind.  Consequently, we’ve put our central heating back on for the time being.  We’re so much looking forward to having much warmer weather!

David did the essential shopping early this morning.  Later in the morning, we went for a walk, suitably bundled up.  Apart from the lack of sunshine and the very cold wind, we enjoyed the walk.  I’ve done one set of my physio exercises and will do the second set later this afternoon.  I’ve also attempted to tackle the cryptic crossword and will have another go at it, also later this afternoon.  I’ve also worked at my computer.  After lunch, David went to the terrain to take part in the club session.  He won 2 out of the 3 game that he played!  He’s looking and feeling so much better today, thank goodness.  If he’s still all right tomorrow, he’ll play in the club’s singles competition.  We've reluctantly had to switch the central heating back on and are hoping that the warmer weather will soon be here to stay for a while.  At least I won't have to wear a warm jumper in the house for a while!  I find that if I'm sitting in a cold room, one of my knees starts to get very painful.

Pauline, yesterday your bedroom got dealt with thoroughly and also the bathroom.  Did a bit more in the craftroom, but there are still items to be sorted in there and the spare bedroom, before they can be put away, given away or got rid of, so will continue that next week as today you are off shopping for the meal tomorrow and groceries for next week and when home there will be cooking to do. Looking forward to seeing the family tomorrow and on Sunday after a quick clear up you must do those Minutes ready for the club on Monday and also looking forward to the get-together next week.  Got the phone call back from Eileen (Maria's friend) yesterday and unfortunately she cannot be there as still has to go away to see her relatives, but she was making sure they were okay before she could confirm what was happening.

It was very sunny and hot again yesterday and you enjoyed a couple of short breaks from the housework sitting out there with a drink and had to water again last evening.  All of the washing (bedding) got dry out there, plus a second lot of darker items and now the ironing pile is building up again, but going to ignore that for a while. This morning no sun around, but plenty of grey cloud cover and probably the plants do need a break from the sun with slightly cooler temperatures, but the heating is still off in your house, which is a good thing.

It's good that your hands are a bit better now.  We both know how painful arthritis can be.

I've sent Jean an email asking how she is and had a reply from her, but saying that she still can't get in here, which is very sad.

After posting, you had to go and sort the shopping list ready for the centre, but before you started on the shopping you had an early dental check up to look forward to.  Haven't had any trouble with the teeth (those that are still hanging in there) so that should be quickly over and done with.

Here again after your post this morning and back from shopping and all put away.  Dentist was okay - nothing needed doing.  Got an answer back from Jean and you had sent her a link to copy and paste and she says it comes up not found.  Well you have tried the same link and it works for you.  Now you have sent her the link below and all she has to do is click on it.  You have sent yourself an email with the same link and it works, so would you do me a favour ladies and click on the link below and see if it works for all of you.

https://nifty-fifties.forumotion.com/

Yes, it worked for me, Pauline.

After posting, you went off to do some cooking and preparation for tomorrow.

Rita, it's cold and very windy where you are, but you will not put heating on yet.  You write this on your iPad and you are annoyed already as it keeps altering  words that you have spelled correctly and often into entirely different words.

You've done usual vacuuming, dusting, etc, been looking at catalogue for a garden chair but now think will be content with what you already have, as may not use one that often.

Yes,, I do find working on my computer beneficial for my hands, as I have arthritis in them, though probably not as severe as it is for Pauline.  The physio exercises I'm doing now are much more beneficial than the previous ones.  They make my knees hurt for a while but I think that's because they're waking up some different muscles!  David is feeling much better now and so he did manage to get to Petanque this afternoon.

I seem to remember that Dian said she would be going to a family member's house today.  I expect she'll be having a great time!

Stay safe and well, everyone!

Lots of love from me to all!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[
/justify]
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Sat Apr 23, 2022 10:44 am
Hello Everyone - Page 38 Flower15Pauline great nothing needing done at the Dentist .That  was lucky with getting  the bus and no waiting Enjoy your day with family and grandchildren as so nice to do catch up
Yes did find here with the post you sent

Jean hope your having a good day

Rita you will be looking forward to meeting up with friends .....enjoy.

Barbara that is good David feeling so much better now and did well with his games at the terrain .That is good your knee exercises are helping .think we are all putting heating on again but i have cut down on the time it is on.That was good you both enjoyed a walk even though it was chilly .You did one set of your exercises but will do more later. You tackled the cryptic crossword and will try it later again .do hope David is fit to play his games for tomorrow and do hope he wins

I did have a really nice day out yesterday .Daughter spent an hour on comp to try and sort it so so far it has helped.We went out for a nice dinner  then had a look round her shopping mall but so so sad to see most of it all now closed.I enjoyed a walk round Primark and bought  some items.Then we went back to her house and sat all afternoon in her back garden as it was a lovely sunny day.My garnd daughter had her prom dance the night before so was nice looking at her photos.She starts University in September for Social care.She is the youngest of my grandchildren. Later enjoyed dinner and finally got home about 9o,clock .So far computer is certainly bette r.Another nice day here though on the cool side...........wishing you all a nice weekend  
Ritadonni
Ritadonni

Sun Apr 24, 2022 12:52 am
Hi I am rather late or early? on here. It's been as usual an uneventful quiet day except that I did walk to village shop this morning then made a good lunch and dozed in chair then went to bed and did not not stir until 6.39 this evening. Lol Yes I soon get tired after walking far.

DIAN I can see that you would enjoy your day out with your daughter, younger folk are so cheering.

JEAN, I hope you find your way in here. I am sorry you are unable to meet up at Northampton, we had so hoped to meet you there.

BARBARA you will be relieved that your David is feeling better and back to his bowling, and you feel that your exercises are helping you.

PAULINE,  I guess you will be tired but have enjoyed your day with your family, and they too will have had a happy time.
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Sun Apr 24, 2022 10:00 am
Well have got on here at last. The first link did not work,  but this one has.

I find I have lost a stone in weight now, which is good, but as I am not on a diet, a bit worrying. I think it is my nerves as I could not sleep much last month.

Yesterday I went to Norwich and spent the day with my sister in law.  Before that I went on a trip to Broadway for the day in a coach and now find I cannot drive the car due to my foot.

It is that on the 27th the dog is going to be spayed and my car MOT is being done. all picked for this day.

love Jean
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:33 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 38 Oie_an12    Good afternoon Ladies.

Yesterday went very well and I had cooked a good choice of meals, all chicken based. Roasted, cooled and carved the chicken on Friday and also prepared a Thai green curry, plus chicken chasseur, both of them cooked on the Friday, so they only had to be heated through yesterday and of course the cooking of the veg, roasties, yorkies, etc. There is some chicken left with some of the chicken chasseur casserole, plus some veg so will sort that out today for meals during the week.  All the dessert got eaten and I sent the boys home with the remainder of the birthay cake, so only healthy items left for me.  Kylian was happy with his new toys and also the Batman Gotham City gift from Stephen and Rachel and both him and Hunter played happily all through the day.  Rachel had also bought them a bubble make each, so they were out in the garden some of the time laughing with those.  Rachel and Stephen helped with the washing up, so most of that was done and things put away before everyone went home, so I had an easy evening - starting on the 4th Season of Game of Thrones.  Beth also called in for a while and then went away early to get on with a project for Uni.

First of all, thank goodness that last link worked for you Jean, because if it hadn't, I really had run out of ideas.  Losing that weight (which you were actually pleased about) probably would have been due to the stress you had gone through, but so pleased to read about your trips out, but a nuisance that your foot is giving you trouble with regard to you using the car.  Shame you cannot join us on Wednesday, but hope to see you sometime in the near future.

Barbara, same here, I had to put the central heating back on this morning, because the cold was no good for my hands and making life difficult with keyboard work, but it is now off and I have those Minutes to complete after this.  It is true that the keyboard work does help to keep my fingers mobile when typing, but find that holding the mouse for any length of time gives me some problems.  After David doing the essential shopping you both went for a walk, suitably clothed against the cold wind, but enjoyed the sunshine.  After that you got on with your physio exercises, computer work and tackled the cryptic crossword and David went to play his games, winning 2 out of 3.  Thankfully he is so much better and will probably compete today in the singles comp.  I know it is so costly having the heating on again, but with arthritis we just can't cope with the cold.  That was good of you sending an email to Jean and thankfully she has managed to get back in here. Also thank you for testing that link and we all know now that it did work.

Dian thank you too for testing the link and also for the email funnies.  I certainly did watch that video of the low flying plane twice OMG.  I always enjoy the Dodo videos of animlas being helped and the remarks in the third one about the politicians were so spot on  Wink.  Good to read you enjoyed the day with your daughter yesterday and that she also worked for an hour on your computer and so far, it is much better.  It certainly is sad to see so many shops closed in some of the shopping arcades.  There is a small one now in our town that only has one shop left that is open.  I see you bought some items in Primark and then enjoyed the afternoon in your daughter's garden and also seeing the photos of your granddaughter's prom from the night before.  Really good to read that she will be going to University in September and to train for social care - hard, but very rewarding work and a lot more people needed for that - that is now the youngest of your granddaughters all sorted for her future.

Rita, I see you were on here at nearly 1 in the morning.  I had started watching Game of Thrones 4 earlier in the evening, but then dozed off so was awake again about that time, so made a drink and then back tracked on the DVD and saw the remainder of the second disc before I settled down to sleep and had a fairly good night.  You had a quiet day, but had a walk to the village shop which tired you a bit, so you dozed off after that, so that is why you were awake in the early hours.  We certainly had an enjoyable day yesterday, very busy, but good to see the family again.  Looking forward to seeing you on Wednesday.

Well I must away now ladies and continue with the Minutes for the club tomorrow and see if I can still make sense of my shorthand from three weeks ago.  Hope you all have a good Sunday and with plenty of sunshine.  
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Sun Apr 24, 2022 4:24 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 38 Memvjj17 Pauline that did sound such a lovely meal you had prepared for them all and bet not much left. Great the children enjoyed their day too and had such fun with all their gifts .A nice day for all to remember .Good too you caught up with more Game of Thrones. Still you can enjoy what was left of that lovely dinner.

Jean so good to see you have managed in again. Pleased you did get away for the weekend .I can understand how you have lost weight .Do hope you can get back to driving again if and when your foot does improve.

Rita good you did have a walk even though you were tired after it.I find just walking with my stick is tiring yet if have a shopping trolley can walk for a couple of hours no bother when out with my daughter.

Barbara do hope you and David are having a nice Sunday with no problems.

Well another dry windy day and cooler but have got a washing out so hopefully will be nearly dry when I bring it in. Trusting all are having a nice day

BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Sun Apr 24, 2022 4:44 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

I'm sorry not to have come in here yesterday but it was due to my having a painful shoulder.  I don't remember doing anything to it but maybe I just slept awkwardly.  I had a quiet day as David went to the terrain to play in an all-day competition.  Sadly, he didn’t do very well at all, which is very unlike him, but he was just getting over some kind of bug, and so maybe he wasn’t quite ready for an all-day competition.

This morning, we have lovely sunshine and it’s quite a bit warmer today.

David did the essential shopping this morning and then went to the terrain to play in the club session.  When he came back, he was more than ready for his lunch!  He won all 3 of his games and was a lot happier for it lol!

This morning, I watched a Mass online for the first time in a while and enjoyed doing so.  Since then, I’ve worked at my computer.  I shall be doing the first set of my physio exercises later this afternoon and will tackle the general knowledge crossword in the Sunday magazine.  We didn't get out for a walk  today as David was too tired when he came back from the terrain.

I have a physio appointment tomorrow morning and am hopeful that the joint manipulation and acupuncture will help with the problem with my knees.

Dian, like you, we've cut down on the time the central heating is on but I couldn't do without it all day.

I'm glad that you did have a really nice day out on Friday .Daughter spent an hour on comp to try and sort it so so far it has helped.  You then went out for a nice dinner then had a look round her shopping mall but so so sad to see most of it all now closed.  The same has to be said for our shopping centre, sadly.  You enjoyed a walk round Primark and bought some items.  Then you went back to her house and sat all afternoon in her back garden as it was a lovely sunny day.  Your grand daughter had her prom dance the night before so was nice looking at her photos.  She starts University in September for Social care.  She is the youngest of your grandchildren. Later enjoyed dinner and finally got home about 9o'clock.  So far computer is certainly better.  Another nice day here though on the cool side.

Well another dry windy day and cooler but have got a washing out so hopefully will be nearly dry when you bring it in. Trusting all are having a nice day

Rita, it's been as usual an uneventful quiet day except that you did walk to village shop this morning then made a good lunch and dozed in chair then went to bed and did not not stir until 6.39 this evening. Lol Yes you soon get tired after walking far.

Jean, I'm glad that you've got on here at last. The first link did not work, but this one has.

You've found you've lost a stone in weight now, which is good, but as you're not on a diet, a bit worrying. You think it is your nerves as you could not sleep much last month.

Yesterday you went to Norwich and spent the day with your sister in law.  Before that you went on a trip to Broadway for the day in a coach and now find you cannot drive the car due to your foot.

It is that on the 27th the dog is going to be spayed and your car MOT is being done. all picked for this day.

Pauline, yesterday went very well and you had cooked a good choice of meals, all chicken based. Roasted, cooled and carved the chicken on Friday and also prepared a Thai green curry, plus chicken chasseur, both of them cooked on the Friday, so they only had to be heated through yesterday and of course the cooking of the veg, roasties, yorkies, etc. There is some chicken left with some of the chicken chasseur casserole, plus some veg so will sort that out today for meals during the week.  All the desserts got eaten and you sent the boys home with the remainder of the birthday cake, so only healthy items left for you.  Kylian was happy with his new toys and also the Batman Gotham City gift from Stephen and Rachel and both him and Hunter played happily all through the day.  Rachel had also bought them a bubble make each, so they were out in the garden some of the time laughing with those.  Rachel and Stephen helped with the washing up, so most of that was done and things put away before everyone went home, so you had an easy evening - starting on the 4th Season of Game of Thrones.  Beth also called in for a while and then went away early to get on with a project for Uni.

I'm glad that Jean has managed to get back in here.  I know we've all missed her.  You and Rita are looking forward to your meet up on Wednesday and it's a pity that Jean won't be able to join you but she has other things arranged for that day already.

After posting, you continued with the Minutes for the club tomorrow and I hope you were able to still make sense of your shorthand from three weeks ago!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:30 am
Hello Everyone - Page 38 Tqspll10    Good Morning Ladies, Sunny, but with cloud this morning and such a cold breeze out there, so coat back on again when I go out to the club, which, as we have the lighter evenings back, is now from 13.00 to 16.00 instead of starting at 12.30.  Thankfully yesterday got the Minutes finished and emailed them to Margaret and then had a phone conversation with her yesterday.  She had printed a copy off and I have five copies already done, so enough to put around on the tables for members to look at if they want to.  Today apparently we have mixed games planned.  Taking with me a lot of mixed new toiletries and cosmetics for raffle prizes and a lot of folders that might be of use for admin.  Rachel and Stephen didn't need them, so off they go to Margaret and Lesley and that is a few more things got rid of.

I dealt with the left overs last evening and chicken with veg went into a new paprika tasty sauce and one lot for this evening with baby spuds and there are three other portions now in the freezer.  Next job feed the birds  and the garden does need watering as it is drying out badly with the wind and sun, but I am going to leave that until I get home from the club,  because there is a threat of rain today in this area and I might be saved a job.  When I get home the recycling bin is full again, so will get that out for collection tomorrow.  Switched off the central heating again last evening, but had to put it on again first thing this morning to warm up and get the hands going, but it is going off after posting this.

Dian, sounds like your weather yesterday was the same as we have today - cooler and windy, so hope your washing got dry - now for the ironing  Shocked .

Barbara, I see you missed posting on Saturday because of a painful shoulder and hope that has now cleared up for you.  Also David didn't do too well in the competition, which is unusual for him, but he seems to be still slowly getting over not being very well last week. Yesterday he did go again to the terrain and did much better and was ready for his lunch when he came home.  You have been keeping busy as usual with your exercises, computer work, tackling the competitions and you also watched Mass on line, which you hadn't done for a while.  No walk for you both yesterday as David was tired after the games in the morning.  Hope all goes well with your physio appointment this morning for joint manipulation and acupuncture.

Hope yesterday went well for you Jean and Rita and the week starts off well for all of you and now I must away from the keyboard, feed those birds and get ready for the club.
Ritadonni
Ritadonni

Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:17 pm
I am struggling with memory problems, it worries me. My tv Virgin was not working, oh it takes so long to get thro to them on the phone  and then so many questions, why do they all speak so quickly?  Anyway it is ok now. I know that I am an old lady, but it is frightening to be forgetting basic things and names.  Then I have been looking for loud ringing door bells on Amazon etc.  Takes ages and I will look again later.

Yesterday I walked with a neighbour to local shop and back, two old ladies 'sauntering'  along, it was good to have company, rest of the day very quiet.

PAULINE, you always find  raffle prizes etc in your Alladin's roomy cave!  Your Club seems now to have really got going and starting well after the Covid close down.  You have done the minutes and passed them over so members can read/approve them.    It's so cold today, I hope you wore gloves to relieve pain in your hands.

JEAN, I had hoped to see you on Wednesday, as Pauline tried so hard to get a suitable time.  I will miss my fortnighly meeting here in order to fit in. I hope your foot pain eases up, is there a foot support to wear that might help? Will the dog stay at your house, does it get on ok with Coco?

DIAN, it would be nice for you to see your granddaughter's Prom photos and then in September she will be off to University, the years fly by.

BARBARA you watched the Mass on TV, is your church near to you?  You will be relieved that David is feeling better although not yet back to his "top  form" at bowling.   I hope your pains have eased.

It's a cold dull day here, I just cannot seem to get going, but must, before I forget!  Put out the dustbin for collection first thing tomorrow morning.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Mon Apr 25, 2022 2:04 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 38 7fw3im46Pauline see it is chilly there too as it is here and we also had some light rain .See your minutes are all typed up for your members to see .Good you also have toiletries and cosmetics for prizes for your raffles also folders which might be useful for your admin .Good you managed to have more dinners from nice left overs. Hope you get the rain to save you watering the garden .

Rita good your TV now working again and know how it feels trying to get through to Virgin. I would not worry too much in forgetting names ect as think it just goes with our age Crying or Very sad as I am not much better. That was nice your neighbour walked with you to your local shop and back.Hope you do find loud ringing doorbell

Jean do hope your having a good day with Coco Do hope your foot has improved some .Hope you got out for a walk.

Barbara hope your shoulder has settled down. David,s day at the terrain did not go well but probably because he had not been too well. Next day he did do well and won all his games. In the morning you watched a mass on line which you enjoyed. You then worked on the computer and will do a  physio exercise in the afternoon also tackle the general knowledge crossword. David was too tired for a walk after being at the terrain. Do hope all went well for you this morning and it did help.

Son -in-law took me to the bank to do some transfers then home.We would have went for something to eat but he had another appointment. not long in so now off for a nice cuppa. Have a good day all
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:54 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We’ve had sunshine on and off all day today.  At the moment it’s cloudy but at least it’s stayed dry.

David is now suffering from toothache, similar to how he was suffering a few weeks ago and had to have a tooth removed.  He’s got an appointment with the dentist early tomorrow morning and I hope the dental surgery will be more helpful to him than they were a few weeks ago!  He did the essential shopping early this morning and then accompanied me to my physio appointment, which was a little disappointing this time.  At my last appointment, the physiotherapist manipulated my knees and gave me an acupuncture session, both of which were very helpful.  This time, she decided to give me a session on the Alter G (an all singing and all dancing treadmill which lifts the weight up so that it makes it easier to walk, aided by gravity).  But I think it was too soon for me to use it and I’d have been better sticking with manipulation and acupuncture today. If she suggests Alter G next time I’ll tell her the above. I also used a stick for the first time and did think that was a good idea.  After that session, I felt quite exhausted and am having a quiet time.   I still have one set of my physio exercises to do today, as well as tackling the cryptic crossword and working at my computer.  David is watching snooker on the TV.

Pauline, it's sunny, where you are, but with cloud this morning and such a cold breeze out there, so coat back on again when you went out to the club, which, as you have the lighter evenings back, is now from 13.00 to 16.00 instead of starting at 12.30.  Thankfully yesterday got the Minutes finished and emailed them to Margaret and then had a phone conversation with her yesterday.  She had printed a copy off and you have five copies already done, so enough to put around on the tables for members to look at if they want to.  Today apparently you have mixed games planned.  Taking with you a lot of mixed new toiletries and cosmetics for raffle prizes and a lot of folders that might be of use for admin.  Rachel and Stephen didn't need them, so off they go to Margaret and Lesley and that is a few more things got rid of.

You dealt with the left overs last evening and chicken with veg went into a new paprika tasty sauce and one lot for this evening with baby spuds and there are three other portions now in the freezer.  Next job feed the birds and the garden does need watering as it is drying out badly with the wind and sun, but you are going to leave that until you get home from the club,  because there is a threat of rain today in your area and you might be saved a job.  When you get home the recycling bin is full again, so will get that out for collection tomorrow.  Switched off the central heating again last evening, but had to put it on again first thing this morning to warm up and get the hands going, but it is going off after you've posted.

My shoulder is now OK again, thanks.  I’d tried rubbing in some Ibuprofen gel into it but it didn’t do any good and so I just had to wait for my shoulder to get better in its own time.  It did occur to me that it may have been caused while we had our central heating turned off.  Anyway, we’ve turned it on again although it’s not on all day now.

Rita, you are struggling memory problems, it worries you. Your tv Virgin was not working, oh it takes so long to get thro to them on the phone and then so many questions, why do they all speak so quickly? Anyway it is ok now. It is frightening to be forgetting basic things and names. Then you have been looking for Loud ringing door bells on Amazon etc. Takes she's and Ibwill look again later.  Yesterday you walked with a neighbour to local shop and back, two old ladies 'sauntering' along, it was good to have company, rest iof day very quiet.

My church is about a 15 minute walk from home and so not too far but I'll be glad when I can be mobile again and not have to rely on watching the Masses on TV!

It's a cold dull day where you are, you just cannot seem to get going, but must, before you forget! Put out the dustbin for collection first thing tomorrow morning.

Dian, son -in-law took you to the bank to do some transfers then home.  You would have went for something to eat but he had another appointment.  Not long in so now off for a nice cuppa.

I hope that Jean is having a good day.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:56 pm
Got in here.  Dog sitting tomorrow for the day.  Best wishes to all.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:49 am
Hello Everyone - Page 38 4cnhg148Pauline hope you had a good day at your club yesterday

Rita hope you are having a good day

Barbara sorry to hear David has toothache so do hope Dentist can sort it. Sorry to hear your physio was not so good as last time .Hope your physio exercises helped.You also would work on the cryptic crossword and the computer. David watched the snooker on TV

Jean hope the dog sitting goes well

Just a quick hello as going out soon with daughter.....chilly this morning
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:38 am
Hello Everyone - Page 38 Ji7b9h11 Good Morning Ladies.

Another sunny start to the day, but so cold again indoors that my heating has gone on again for a while. Got the reminder from Eon for the new meter reading and not looking forward to the cost of that, but hoping that because the heating has been turned off so many times the past month, that it won't be too much of a shock.

Yesterday enjoyed the club and got a nice surprise, flowers bought for me for doing the Minutes and here is a photo of them:-

Hello Everyone - Page 38 P1130924 A nice surprise gift.

Got home and did a bit of clearing up and went upstairs fairly early for a bath and caught up with recorded t v and then went through the 4th disc in series 4 of Game of Thrones - one more 2 part disc to watch and that is another volume watched, then onto Series 5, so almost halfway through.

Rita, as Dian said the forgetting names, etc., just goes with age - just think about all of those memories filed away in your head.  I met a lady in Tescos last week with her son and it took me quite a time to remember where I knew her from, well it was the old Wednesday club from over 2 years ago, so took a time for that filing cabinet in my head to open and memory retrieved Shocked.  I am sure you will remember about meeting up tomorrow and looking forward to that Wink.  Nearly all of the toiletries went yesterday and Margaret appreciated the files, plus popped in a couple of DVD as raffle prizes, so more items cleared and tomorrow before I meet you, I have another trolley load ready for one of the town charity shops.  Yes I did have my gloves on yesterday to keep my hands warm and when I got home I had the same job to do as you, recycling collected this morning, so took the bin out. Hope you have some luck with finding the loud ringing door bell you are after.

Dian, yesterday while we were at the club we actually got enough rain which saved me watering the garden last evening, except for watering can full for the seeds and a couple of sheltered basket and see you had rain yesterday and chilly your way too.  You got the bank sorted again when your s-i-l.took you there, but shame you didn't have time to stop for some lunch as he had another appointment to get to.  As you can see from above, all went well at the club and so thankful those Minutes are over and done with for another year and I did win a pack of 6 wicker basket style servers (supposed to be for bbq use, but think they will head off to Rachel for displaying items she has at any of her local sales). Enjoy the day out with your daughter today.

Barbara, on and off sunshine for you yesterday, but it did stay dry.  I was thankful for the light rain we got while at the club, which saved me a bigger job to do in the garden. Sorry to read that David has toothache again and hope all goes well for him at the dentist today.  I see he accompanied you to the physio appointment yesterday, that you weren't so pleased with as you had been with the previous one and hope they listen to what you prefer for your next appointment. and leave off the treadmill treatment.  

Jean short message from you yesterday when you looked in and hope all goes well with the dog sitting today.  Seeing as you can't be with us tomorrow I hope you have managed to read what has been posted about what is going on with all of us.  It is good to read about the things you have started getting involved with again.

Have a good day all of you and I am off to get any early lunch - think it is going to be a cheese omellete (using the new omellete maker) with a glass of merlot (opened on Sunday and of course, needs using up Smile ) and then see what I can start on outside perhaps.  
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:06 pm
My posts do not seem to be on here.  Anyway this morning I could not stand because of my foot, which had played up and my son rang the doctor.  I shall have to see what
happens, it has only been five years.  Read all  your posts and lovely photos.
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:28 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We’ve had gorgeous sunny weather all day today, until just now when it turned cloudy, but it was a good run of sunshine that we’ve had!

David did the essential shopping early this morning and then went to have his ‘emergency’ dental appointment.  It was largely a waste of time, though, as he saw a different dentist this time, who said he hadn’t got time to do much as he was too busy!  That happened the last time David had a problem with a tooth.  He gave a long and complicated explanation as to why David can feel what seems to be part of a broken tooth and he said that it would come out of its own accord eventually!  He didn’t do anything to help David get rid of the toothache.  Luckily, David has a scheduled appointment with his usual dentist next Tuesday.  I hope he’ll be shown more care then!  Today’s dentist also told David that he’d come at the wrong time for his appointment, even though the receptionists didn’t mention it when David arrived.  We’d change dentists but I don’t think that any others in the local area are any better, judging by comments I’ve heard from others!

I did one set of my physio exercises after breakfast and tackled the cryptic crossword.  I still have more of the crossword to do, and also the second set of the exercises.  After lunch, David and I went to a local pharmacy and bought a walking stick for me to use, as advised by the physiotherapist that I now go to.  I used it while walking back home and was a bit nervous but I’ll get used to it in time.  I just need more practice.  David is now watching the snooker on the TV.

Jean, I hope the dog sitting is going well.

When you posted today, you thought your posts did not seem to be on here.  Anyway this morning you could not stand because of your foot, which had played up and my son rang the doctor.  You shall have to see what happens it has only been five years.  You read all our posts and saw the lovely photos.

Dian, you came in here to give us just a quick hello as you were going out soon with daughter.....chilly this morning.

Pauline, another sunny start to the day, but so cold again indoors that your heating went on again for a while. Got the reminder from Eon for the new meter reading and not looking forward to the cost of that, but hoping that because the heating has been turned off so many times the past month, it won't be too much of a shock.

Yesterday enjoyed the club and got a nice surprise, flowers bought for you for doing the Minutes.  Thanks for posting a photo of them.  They look gorgeous!

Got home and did a bit of clearing up and went upstairs fairly early for a bath and caught up with recorded t v and then went through the 4th disc in series 4 of Game of Thrones - one more 2 part disc to watch and that is another volume watched, then onto Series 5, so almost halfway through.

Although I said that we had a dry day yesterday, after I'd posted, we had a rain and a hail shower but they didn't amount to much and so I doubt they did the garden much good!

Regarding the treadmill treatment, I'd used that treadmill several times before when I used to go to that physio practice and had had no problems with it - until yesterday when I found it a bit much and felt a bit shaky for a while.  I think it could only be because the arthritis in my knees has got so much worse in the intervening time and maybe I should've asked the physio to slow it down a bit.  In any case, I shall be asking her to continue with the joint manipulation and acupuncture next time.

I hope you enjoyed the cheese omelette and the glass of Merlot!

I trust that Rita is having a good day and I hope that she and Pauline have a good day tomorrow when they meet up and also meet up with others!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
x

Ritadonni
Ritadonni

Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:13 pm
I have had trouble recharging this iPad, but today after fiddling about with the wire/connection it is now charging and is still attached to plug as I write this, it's now up to 55% charged.  If any of my postings seem strange or some points do not make sense it is because this iPad seems to alter words and unless I go back thro everything I have written, so can correct what I actually wrote, then I am afraid you will just have to guess at what makes sense.

Today I went on a mini bus which runs fortnighly to Milton Keynes,  so had just 2 hours there for whatever needed, friend and I just looked round computer dept etc., at John Lewis then went for a cuppa and it was time to go for bus home, but nevertheless it was a pleasant ride out and  must be three years since I have been to Milton Keynes shopping centre.  Tomorrow I hope to get the bus to Northampton to see Pauline,  the buses now are one and half hours apart, 1 1/2 , I will get there at midday.

Barbara, what a waste of time for David at Dentist, so useless, yes, hope he gets better treatment at next appointment. Your physio appointment was not as helpful as previous time. Was it the same  person?  Or perhaps they vary the treatment advice at each session?

Dian, yes very chilly morning for you to set off with your daughter, I guess you would soon have a nice hot drink before you did much shopping.

Jean, we will miss having you with us at lunchtime in Northampton, but maybe another time! Did you get to see a Doctor about your foot?

I have been out and quickly watered a few plants, now it is cloudy, looks like rain!!
Ritadonni
Ritadonni

Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:17 pm
Barbara, word physic should be physio.
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:30 am
Hello Everyone - Page 38 Eltlw210   Hello All.

Yesterday I had a fairly easy day, giving the hands a rest and finished Series 4 and started watching Series 5 Game of Thrones.  Sorted out some more things for the charity shops in town (dropping those things off before meeting at O'Neills for lunch), got a bit of paperwork up-to-date, recycling full up bin out for collection and in again and that was about it.

Jean I noted what you said about your posts not appearing and that is because there weren't any.  Except for the last couple of days when you posted on Monday and Tuesday after getting that last link from me, there had been no post from you since Saturday 2nd April on page 34 and I know there weren't any others from you because during that time there were emails between you and me.  Anyway since the last successful link I sent to you, you are now back on here and have caught up with posts and photos from all of us. Hope the dog sitting went well yesterday and the vet's (for speying) and MOT go well today.  How are you managing with all of that (taking into account the bad trouble with your foot)? When Paul phoned the doctor yesterday, did he manage to get an appointment lined up for you? Shame you cannot be with us for lunch and hope today goes okay for you.

Dian hope you enjoyed your day out with your daughter yesterday.

Barbara good to read you had sunny weather most of the day yesterday - here it was grey and cloudy all day and has started off the same today.  That was a waste of time at the emergency appointment for David yesterday and hope he doesn't have to suffer too much pain before he sees his own dentist on Tuesday.  I had that happen once after a tooth removal and apparently at times there is a splinter of bone from the jaw bone, working its way out - apparently that often happens.  After you first lot of physio and other usual things, you and David walked to the local pharmacy and you managed to buy a stick for you - will take some practice by you, but hope you soon get into the way of using it.  Just read that you also had an unexpectd hail and rain shower, but thankfully you were back home when that arrived.  I certainly did enjoy the cheese omellete and the glass of merlot, plus the easy afternoon.  

Rita, no need to worry about any Ipad mistakes, because I sorted out the words, colour and fonts for you and changed physic to physio, just after you posted. Glad to read the Ipad started charging up correctly in the end.  That was enjoyable the trip out to Milton Keynes on the special bus for there, not that you bought anything, but enjoyable to get out ands see different scenery.  Looking forward to seeing you for lunch today.

Must away now ladies and get a move on as I want to be out of here within the next hour.  Hope all of you have a good day.  
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:54 pm
Hope you are having a good lunch.  Coco still at the vets. car still in as well.

Well I went about my foot, they gave me some cream.......and then suggested  physio and then the receptionist said they do not do feet........will tell doctor,  what a joke.

Rita love your posts,  glad you are getting on ok.

Barbara I had a broken tooth for a year, and then they sent me to Bupa to get it out(NHS).  I hope David is a bit better now. the things you get when old.

Dian see you have been about a bit, just wish I could drive, but this foot is playing me up, but now I shall keep on at them.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:37 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 38 Helo_w11Pauline good you are certainly getting through your Game of Thrones .You got your   recycling bin out and emptied .See more items for charity shops too.I am sure you will have a lovely meet and catch up also a nice lunch.

Jean so sorry your foot still so painful so do hope you can get some help for it. Also do hope Coco will be ok.

Rita that was good you got to Milton Keynes shopping centre as does you good getting to different shops

Barbara David did his essential shopping then visited a Dentist which did not help him at all. You got your physio exercise done also tackled the cryptic crossword and will do more later .David took you out to the pharmacy to get you a walking stick which I am sure will help you when you get used to it. David watched the snooker on TV when you got home

Not long in from Wed club which I enjoyed  now hoping to get out and do a bit of gardening. Sunny but still chilly .Wishing you all a nice day
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum