Nifty Fifties Plus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Hello Everyone - Page 39 Empty Re: Hello Everyone

Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:26 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We’ve had a cloudy day today and there’s a bit of a breeze but it’s not cold and it's not too strong either.  

David did the essential shopping early this morning and then went to the terrain to play in the club session.  He won all his games again and so good for him!  I did one set of my physio exercises after breakfast and tackled the cryptic crossword, completing about half of it.  I shall have another go when I’ve finished on the computer.  I also practised using my stick around the house for a good long time before lunch.  After lunch, we went for a walk and I used my stick, for the second time only, and felt a little less nervous than I did yesterday.  It’s still going to take some getting used to but it’ll be worth it in the end.  I’ve also worked at my computer.  David and I watched some of the snooker for a while and then I came on to the computer.  David is still watching the snooker.

Rita, don't worry about anything from your iPad that doesn't seem to make sense.  Sometimes computers seem to have a mind of their own, lol!

Yesterday you went on a mini bus which runs fortnighly to Milton Keynes,  so had just 2 hours there for whatever needed, you and your friend just looked round computer dept etc., at John Lewis then went for a cuppa and it was time to go for bus home, but nevertheless it was a pleasant ride out and  must be three years since you have been to Milton Keynes shopping centre.  Today you got the bus to Northampton to see Pauline,  the buses now are one and half hours apart, 1 1/2 , you will get there at midday.

Yes, David and I haven't had much luck with our medical appointments this week.  The way David was treated at the dental surgery was disgraceful but the same thing happened a few weeks ago when he had terrible toothache.  There doesn't seem to be as much patient care as there used to be.  I did see the same physiotherapist on Monday but because I told her that I'd used the super dooper treadmill before, she decided I could use it.  However, the arthritis in my knees has obviously got much worse in the intervening time and I should have asked her to slow the treadmill down.  Next time I go, I shall ask her to do joint manipulation and give me acupuncture treatment, as I think those are more appropriate for me until my knees are stronger.

Also yesterday, you went out and quickly watered a few plants, but after that, it became cloudy, and looked like rain!!  Typical!

Enjoy the meet up with Pauline and others today!

Pauline, yesterday you had a fairly easy day, giving the hands a rest and finished Series 4 and started watching Series 5 Game of Thrones.  Sorted out some more things for the charity shops in town (dropping those things off before meeting at O'Neills for lunch), got a bit of paperwork up-to-date, recycling full up bin out for collection and in again and that was about it.

That's interesting, what you said about having a splinter of bone appearing after you had a tooth out.  That must be what's happened to David.  That doesn't excuse the lack of care that he received from the dentist, though.   I've had a bit more practice with the walking stick today and felt a bit more comfortable about it.  I must keep up the practice!

Enjoy the meet up with Rita and others today!

Jean,  Coco still at the vets. car still in as well.

Well you went about your foot, they gave me some cream.......and then suggested physio and then the receptionist said they do not do feet........will tell doctor,  what a joke!

Dian, not long in from Wed club which you enjoyed.  Now hoping to get out and do a bit of gardening.  Sunny but still chilly.

Stay safe and well, everyone!

Lots of love from me to all!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ritadonni
Ritadonni

Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:11 pm
I have enjoyed my day out where I met with Pauline and Maria- whom I don't  think I had met before.

I left here on bus at 11 o'clock and got home 4 15. The bus was warm and comfy and I dozed all the way home.   It was lovely being out in such good company, just the three of us as others could not manage it this time.

I have switched  heating on as it's quite chilly here now.  My iPad which I am using now, is needing charging, but it is not charging as it should - something wrong with the plug-in connection, I must see about that, tomorrow,

I hope you Dian, Jean and Barbara have had a nice day,  I certainly enjoyed seeing Pauline and Maria.
Pauline
Pauline
Admin
https://nifty-fifties.forumotion.com

Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:32 am
Hello Everyone - Page 39 Oie_gl67
 Good Morning Ladies.  Well I don't know about all of you, but I have had to put the heating back on again this morning and am getting so fed up with having to do that and thought we needed a warming gif this morning.

Yesterday going into town, was the first time for ages and found even more shops closed.  I had taken a trolley load of things for the charity shops which ended up in the Salvation Army store, because found the Sue Ryder shop was closed in St. Peter's Sq.  In fact that entire side where that had been was empty, which included the large Argos store and going down the other side the only two shops open were Iceland and Home Bargains (where I did some shopping) and then walked back up to O'Neills to meet the other ladies.  It was only Rita, Maria (who had been a friend of Maria's and Gennie's) and myself.  Small in quantity, but good quality Wink Margaret had intended to be there, but she had purchased a new bed and delivery should have been on Saturday coming, but company got in touch with her and told her it would be delivery on Wednesday and she wouldn't know until late on Tuesday at what time to expect them, well that was 1 o'clock yesterday, so she couldn't be there.  Anyway the three of us had a good time and it was good to see Rita again.  It was nice to see Maria again - she used to do a lot for Gennie and also had known our Maria for years - working with her over a long time.

Got home and caught up with the emails and some paperwork and had an easy evening catching up with recorded t v and am well into Series 5 Game of Thrones, so heading toward Series 6 which was the last lot I watched and then I will be up-to-date again and able to watch 7 and the final 8.

Jean, yes we did enjoy the lunch together and I chose the battered cod, but with mash (instead of chips) and mushy peas.  Hope that Coco recovered well from her op and the car MOT has gone well.  Not good news about your foot and looks as though you need to see a chiropodist for some help with that.

Dian I did enjoy that outing yesterday and see that you too enjoyed your Wednesday Club and hoped to do some gardening after that - sunny, but chilly your way.  Here now for three days it has just been so grey and chilly.

Barbara I see that David won all of his games and you got on with your exercises and practicing with your stick around the house, which I expect you will soon get quite good with using it outdoors.  With regard to that possibly being a splinter of bone working it's way out through the gum, my dentist told me that often happened after an extraction and in my case, that was a narrow small splinter of bone that came through finally. Very sad to see more empty shops yesterday, but had a good time with the other two ladies.

Rita, that certainly was the first time you had met Maria and she is a friendly, chatty lady who knew Gennie and our other Maria so well.  It was lovely to see you again and hopefully later in the year we can get more ladies there.  Your bus did arrive in on time and glad to read you had a warm comfortable journey on the way back.  I have the same trouble with my phone at the moment, at times it has a message appear telling me to check the cable because charging is slow, so fiddle about with it for a while and then it works better - hope you get the charger for your Ipad sorted - perhaps you need a new charger.  Will you be off to Sainsbury's today?

Must away now ladies and force myself to wrap up warm and get out in the garden, because some watering is needed and hope you all have a good day.

Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:47 am
Coco is ok, but it is hard to give her pain killers so I put 1 on my hand and she licked it off. Should be putting the liguid down her throat, but this way seems easier.

Barbara hope this visit to the dentist goes better.

Glad you had a nice time out Dian.

How did the lunch go?
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:28 am
Hello Everyone - Page 39 Ckplib37Pauline that was a nice meet you all had and cheers all up. Well certainly winning with the Game of Thrones. Great you got rid of more items for charity and will make a difference in more space (to collect more Very Happy ) Yes my heating still on too but have been cutting down and turning lights off which I would normally leave on the upstairs landing.

Jean good Coco,s operation is done .Do hope your foot will improve and you can get out in the car again.

Rita that was good you enjoyed your meet and had a nice comfy journey home

Barbara see you are getting on with your stick .Well done David in winning his games .You did some exercises worked on the crossword  and worked on the computer .You will do more exercises later .After lunch you and David had a walk and you used your stick which you are getting used to.You watched the snooker with David for a little while then worked on your computer

Quite a nice bright morning but chilly. I have put out a small washing. Now off to catch up on some housework also hope to do some gardening Smile
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:03 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We’re having sunny spells today although the cloudy intervals seem to be on the ascendancy!  It’s stayed dry, though, and quite warm, with just a gentle breeze.

David did the essential shopping early this morning.  I did the first set of my physio exercises and then we took a walk into Addiscombe to collect a prescription that I’d been informed by text was ready for me.  I’m getting more used to the walking stick now although it still makes me very tired, probably due to the concentration that’s required at the moment.  Afterwards, I answered some emails on my iPhone.  After lunch, David went on one of his long walks and I watched some TV.  I still have to do the second set of my exercises and tackle the cryptic crossword.  I’ve just completed the puzzles in a Take A Break magazine and submitted them online; and am working at my computer.  David is now watching the snooker on TV.

Rita, yesterday you enjoyed your day out where you met with Pauline and Maria- whom you didn't think you had met before.

You left home on bus at 11 o'clock and got home 4 15. The bus was warm and comfy and you dozed all the way home.   It was lovely being out in such good company, just the three of you as others could not manage it this time.

You switched heating on as it was quite chilly there when you arrived home.  Your iPad which you are using now, is needing charging, but it is not charging as it should - something wrong with the plug-in connection, you would need to see about that, today.

Pauline, well, you had to put the heating back on again this morning and are getting so fed up with having to do that and thought we all needed a warming gif this morning.  Thanks for that, Pauline!  We all need some warming up at the moment, don't we!

Yesterday going into town, was the first time for ages and found even more shops closed.  You had taken a trolley load of things for the charity shops which ended up in the Salvation Army store, because found the Sue Ryder shop was closed in St. Peter's Sq.  In fact that entire side where that had been was empty, which included the large Argos store and going down the other side the only two shops open were Iceland and Home Bargains (where you did some shopping) and then walked back up to O'Neills to meet the other ladies.  It was only Rita, Maria (who had been a friend of Maria's and Gennie's) and yourself.  Small in quantity, but good quality.  Margaret had intended to be there, but she had purchased a new bed and delivery should have been on Saturday coming, but company got in touch with her and told her it would be delivery on Wednesday and she wouldn't know until late on Tuesday at what time to expect them, well that was 1 o'clock yesterday, so she couldn't be there.  Anyway the three of you had a good time and it was good to see Rita again.  It was nice to see Maria again - she used to do a lot for Gennie and also had known your Maria for years - working with her over a long time.

Got home and caught up with the emails and some paperwork and had an easy evening catching up with recorded t v and you are well into Series 5 Game of Thrones, so heading toward Series 6 which was the last lot you watched and then you will be up-to-date again and able to watch 7 and the final 8.

I agree with you about the empty shops being sad.  Croydon is now looking very sad and neglected (which it is).

After posting, you wrapped up warm and went into the garden to do some much needed watering.

Jean, Coco is ok, but it is hard to give her pain killers so you put 1 on your hand and she licked it off.  Should be putting the liguid down her throat, but this way seems easier.

How is your foot today?

Dian, quite a nice bright morning but chilly.  You have put out a small washing.  After posting you went off to catch up on some housework also hoped to do some gardening.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:10 pm
I think there is a slight improvement in my foot with the gel.  Hope it keeps up.  Have to go to podiatry clinic when I get an appointment.

Kaz has somebody interested in David's scooter, but they kept messing her about, coming at l.30 pm and then phoned to say there were in Cambridge, so we were both fed up. she is going back to work on Monday.

Pauline glad you had a nice time meeting up.
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:10 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 39 Omhsll10    Good Afternoon All.  Don't know about you, but this is just one day before May arrives and I am getting so fed up with these grey, cloudy, cold days and still having to keep putting the heating back on.  I did read the meters and have used less energy, both electric and gas, since the last reading a month ago, but of course, that will probably be a costlier bill with the prices zooming up.

As it is another bank holiday weekend with all the supermarkets in my area keeping to different times over this weekend, I decided to go out and do the top up shopping today and stayed on the bus a couple of stops further and visited Aldi's for a change.  Ended up spending far more money than I intended, because they had an offer on their fence paint, which I need, so bought that and also bought some chicken fillets and diced stewing steak, as the prices were lower there and I had used up all the chicken from the freezer last weekend and have quite a few packet sauce mixes that I want to use with the meat in the slow cooker.  That way I will get several individual meals put in tubs to freeze, ready for me to get out quickly after the daily garden work that I hope to get going on over the next couple of weeks.  Today I have a sausage casserole in the slow cooker, so one meal for me this evening and a couple of others to freeze.

Yesterday I had another lot of paperwork to sort out and also end of month finances, to see what I could put in savings account, read the meters and put that through, pay the water rate and finally found time to alter some seed trays, plant pots and ornaments around on the shelving and get everything watered.  Finished watching Series 5 Game of Thrones and have now started on season 6.

Just before I went shopping this morning Rita messaged me from her phone to say that she probably wouldn't be in here over the weekend, because of the trouble with the charging of the Ipad and she was going into town to see if she could get a new charger for it.  She thought I might be away this weekend, but not this weekend, although that is something I will have to talk to Stephen and Rachel about, because I haven't been to Rugby for quite a time and owe them a visit.

Jean, good to know that Coco was recovering okay, but as you say, difficult to give animals tablets and medicine.  I suppose that is going to be a long job keeeping up with the use of gel on the foot, but something that you have to keep on with and do hope you don't have to wait too long for the podiatry clinic appointment.  Also hope it keeps improving as you think that it is a bit better with the use of the gel.  So annoying when people mess you about when they have shown interest in buying David's scooter.  Have you ever thought about keeping that for you for short journeys (seeing as you said the bus stop is so far away now and you cannot use the car at the moment due to the foot)? Could be handy for you at times.  See that Kaz is back to work next week and hope that goes well for her.  Yes it was good seeing Rita again and also keeping contact with the other Maria.  Hope you can be there another time.

Dian, no I really am going to resist collecting more items, because I have enough crafting items I am keeping to keep me occupied for a long time to come and certainly lots more to get rid of.  I know we are all having to be careful about using more power than we need, remembering to turn off lights we aren't needing and do hope the weather starts to warm up again, so we can cut down on the heating.  Yesterday it was bright your way, but still chilly and see you got some washing out, tackled more housework and then planned to get some more work in the garden started.

Barbara, it certainly does seem warmer your way than it is here, although not very good weather.  After David doing the shopping yesterday and you getting one lot of exercises tackled, you both walked into Addiscombe to collect a prescription and you found you were getting more used to using the walking stick.  When home you got on with emails and computer work and after lunch David went for one of his long walks and you got on with computer work, crossword and submitted the Take a Break puzzles on line (hope you win with them) and were also going to do the second lot of exercises.  Glad you enjoyed the gif, because we do need some warming up at the moment. Yes I expect Croydon is a very sad looking area at the moment, compared to such a busy area it used to be, afraid it is the same everywhere with our towns and cities.

Must away now ladies and get the remainder of the shopping away and see what I can tackle in the garden.  Hope the rest of the afternoon and evening goes well for all of you.

BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:24 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

Our weather today was supposed to have sunny spells but they’ve been conspicuous by their absence so far.  We do tend to get some sunshine late in the day, though, and so I live in hope!  

David did the essential shopping early this morning.  After I’d done one set of my physio exercises, we went out for a walk, well wrapped up.  I’m still a bit nervous when using the walking stick but am getting better slowly and will certainly persevere with it.  After lunch, David went to the terrain to play in the club session and was very successful.  The club is running a doubles league at the moment and David and his doubles partner have won both of their doubles games so far played.  I watched some TV after lunch and also tackled the cryptic crossword, but still have more to do to it.  I’ve also worked at my computer.

Jean, you think there is a slight improvement in your foot with the gel.  Hope it keeps up.  I hope you don't have to wait too long for a podiatry appointment.  I always find them very beneficial and I hope you do too.

Kaz has somebody interested in David's scooter, but they kept messing her about, coming at l.30 pm and then phoned to say there were in Cambridge, so you were both fed up. she is going back to work on Monday.

Pauline, I agree with you that this is just one day before May arrives and I too am getting so fed up with the grey, cloudy, cold days and still having to keep putting the heating on.  You did read the meters and have used less energy, both electric and gas, since the last reading a month ago, but of course, that will probably be a costlier bill with the prices zooming up.

As it is another bank holiday weekend with all the supermarkets in your area keeping to different times over this weekend, you decided to go out and do the top up shopping today and stayed on the bus a couple of stops further and visited Aldi's for a change.  Ended up spending far more money than you intended, because they had an offer on their fence paint, which you need, so bought that and also bought some chicken fillets and diced stewing steak, as the prices were lower there and you had used up all the chicken from the freezer last weekend and have quite a few packet sauce mixes that you want to use with the meat in the slow cooker.  That way you will get several individual meals put in tubs to freeze, ready for you to get out quickly after the daily garden work that you hope to get going on over the next couple of weeks.  Today you have a sausage casserole in the slow cooker, so one meal for you this evening and a couple of others to freeze.

Yesterday you had another lot of paperwork to sort out and also end of month finances, to see what you could put in savings account, read the meters and put that through, pay the water rate and finally found time to alter some seed trays, plant pots and ornaments around on the shelving and get everything watered.  Finished watching Series 5 Game of Thrones and have now started on season 6.

You had a message from Rita to say that she was going to try and buy a new charger for her iPad and so probably wouldn't be able to post in here today.

I hope that Dian is having a good day.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:28 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 39 D3f2uy34 Pauline good you got to another shopping centre but o so sad to see so many shops closing. Yes Aldis have good prices and their meat is good .As you say our heating prices are going to rise sharply. Well done in getting to series 6 in Game of Thrones. Always good to have dinners in the freezer.

Jean good your foot is improving some .Do hope you get out soon to drive again.

Rita hope your having a good day and manage to get sorted with a new charger.

Barbara David did the essential shopping and you did your exercise. then you both walked into Addiscombe to collect a prescription. You are still getting used  to the stick  Afterwords you answered .some emails on your i-phone After lunch David had a long walk and you watched TV ..Then you did your second lot of exercises also got the cryptic crossword to do .You completed the puzzles on Take a Break and submitted them. You worked on the computer and David watched snooker on the TV.

Daughter picked me up at 8.30 then my friend at 8.45.We drove to a large retail park and daughter went off to have her hair done .My friend and I shopped in several shops.My daughter then took my friend home and then took me to a nice hotel for lunch with my granddaughter. My granddaughter then took me for my haircut then home .Daughter was meeting friends in town now off for something to eat though not very hungry. Pleased gardener coming tomorrow.
Wishing you all a nice weekend
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Sat Apr 30, 2022 12:10 pm
Well the sun is shining and I am here all day.  I usually go shopping for chicken and chips today plus a few groceries.  Could not make it today as had an attack of the runs last night..... so a quiet day for me
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:42 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 39 Hwfqtq21 Pauline hope your having a nice relaxing weekend and good you have meals made  as they always come in handy if you are busy in the garden Hope you have better weather.

Jean sorry you have had an upset stomach so do hope it has cleared Hope Coco is a bit better and maybe will get out for a walk.

Rita hope your having a nice weekend too

Barbara also hope your having a nice relaxing weekend with David

Well quite chilly here today and now the rain has arrived So pleased gardener turned up last evening instead of today and got a lot up to date .Wishing you all a good weekend
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Sat Apr 30, 2022 4:03 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We’re having gorgeous sunshine here today.  It’s really good to see it!  It’s a lot warmer than it was yesterday and there’s just a gentle breeze.

David did the essential shopping early this morning.  After breakfast I did the first set of my physio exercises and then David and I went out for a walk in the glorious sunshine.  I’m still feeling nervous when using the stick but am persevering as it’ll be worth it in the end.  After lunch, David went to the terrain to play in the Petanque Club session.  I hope he’s winning all his games, lol!  I tackled (and completed!) the cryptic crossword and watched some of the snooker on the TV before working at my computer.  I shall do the second set of my exercises later this afternoon.

Dian, Yesterday, your daughter picked you up at 8.30 then your friend at 8.45.  You drove to a large retail park and daughter went off to have her hair done.  You and your friend shopped in several shops.  Your daughter then took your friend home and then took you to a nice hotel for lunch with your granddaughter.  Your granddaughter then took you for your haircut then home.  Daughter was meeting friends in town.  After posting, you went off for something to eat though not very hungry.  Pleased gardener coming today.

Well quite chilly here today and now the rain has arrived.  So pleased gardener turned up last evening instead of today and got a lot up to date.

Jean, well the sun is shining and you are at home all day.  Usually go shopping for chicken and chips today plus a few groceries but could not make it today as had an upset stomach last night.....  So a quiet day for you.  I'm sorry to hear that, Jean.  Hope you're better soon.

I hope that Rita and Pauline are having good days.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Sat Apr 30, 2022 5:34 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 39 Y0ckuv11    It certainly is nice to be able to work outside in warm sunny weather today.  Not that the work I am doing is enjoyable. I am trying to clear the corner where the garden furniture is kept to work out exactly how I want that placed and also where the wooden structure should be built to protect that.  I did work so hard sieving all of that fibre when emptying planters and pots last year, but didn't have the time to clean and store them, so they were all piled up behind the furniture, together with the full sacks of sieved fibre and that is what I am clearing today.  It will be so satisfying when it is done, but hard going at the moment.  There are a few planters that are beyond repair, so they are being broken down and got rid of and then I have to face cleaning all of the others that are still okay.  I actually found some begonias that had survived in one of the small broken planters, so have repotted them.

Dian, I just came in for a drink and found your emails, which I enjoyed looking at, so have had a bit of a break.  Got the bill through from Eon and although I had used less, the bill is higher than last month, but not as bad as I expected.  Sounds as though you and your friend had a really enjoyable day with lots of shops visited while your daughter had her hair done.  After that your daughter took your friend home and then you both went to an hotel for a nice lunch with your granddaughter and then after that your granddaughter took you to have your hair cut while your daughter met some friends in town.  One busy and enjoyable day for you all. That was good that your gardener actually turned up last evening and got quite a bit of tidying done for you, as today you have rain and it is chilly again.

Same here Barbara, we only got the sun late on Friday evening, but it has been lovely today and so nice to work out in it, although it is cooling off a bit now and getting cloudy again. Yesterday after doing one lot of exercises and David finished the shopping, you both went for a walk and you are still getting used to the walking stick.  After lunch David went to the terrain and was succesful with the games and you did more exercises, worked on the computer and watched some t v.  As you can see from what I said to Dian, my power bill was higher, but not as bad as I expected.  Sunnier weather for you today, like we have here and  another walk for you and David after you had done one lot of the exercises and then David went for his games.  You have done the work on your computer and watched some t v and plan to do the other lot of exercises this afternoon.  

Rita I hope you managed to get the new cable yesterday for the Ipad.

Jean, shame you aren't too well today, so that has put a stop to your shopping trip and chicken and chips today.  Hope you feel better soon and that Coco is recovering well and also the MOT went well and that didn't turn out to be too costly.

Well ladies I must get back to do a bit more in the garden and then in for a bath to get rid of the garden dirt and continue with Series 6 of Game of Thrones.  I also sorted out with Rachel yesterday when to go to Rugby and she was happy because she has had a promotion at work (bit more money) and has actually booked the Jubilee bank holiday week off, so I will probably go up there on the Wednesday and stay until the following Monday, so got that all sorted.  Enjoy your evening ladies.
Ritadonni
Ritadonni

Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:45 pm
I did a long, post and then it said "no post specified"  and It's gone, I cannot find it.

Muriel's son is here from Oz and next week is going to do all extensive alterations to her bathroom.  Muriel and Ken will stay in a B&B while it's done.
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Sun May 01, 2022 9:41 am
I tried the scooter out,  but it is not for me.  maybe if we cannot sell it I will have another go.

Trying to rain on the dog walk, so glad I went early.

See you had a good shopping day Dian.

Good idea to stay in a b & b whilst having repair work done Rita.
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Sun May 01, 2022 11:01 am
Good Morning everyone!

We have a day here so far of sunshine interspersed with cloud but rain is forecast for some time during today.

David did the essential shopping early this morning and now he’s gone to the terrain to play in the club session.  He didn’t do very well with his games yesterday and so I hope he does better today, lol!  After breakfast, I did the first set of my physio exercises and will do the second set later on today.  I also tuned in to watch and listen to a Mass from my parish church but they seem to have discontinued broadcasting it.  It’s strange that they also have no current newsletter online and so maybe there’s a technical glitch but Masses from other local churches weren’t to be found either.  I also have the general knowledge crossword to attempt and will also work at my computer.

Pauline, yesterday you enjoyed being able to work outside in warm sunny weather.  Not that the work you are doing is enjoyable. You are trying to clear the corner where the garden furniture is kept to work out exactly how you want that placed and also where the wooden structure should be built to protect that.  You did work so hard sieving all of that fibre when emptying planters and pots last year, but didn't have the time to clean and store them, so they were all piled up behind the furniture, together with the full sacks of sieved fibre and that is what you cleared yesterday.  It will be so satisfying when it is done, but hard going at the moment.  There are a few planters that are beyond repair, so they are being broken down and got rid of and then you have to face cleaning all of the others that are still okay.  You actually found some begonias that had survived in one of the small broken planters, so have repotted them.

We've been charged the same amount as for last month by eon, as we queried the even larger amount that they quoted, but we were told that the monthly charge would have to go up again!  Promises, promises! Crying or Very sad

After posting, you did a bit more in the garden and then in for a bath to get rid of the garden dirt and continue with Series 6 of Game of Thrones.  You also sorted out with Rachel on Friday when to go to Rugby and she was happy because she has had a promotion at work (bit more money) and has actually booked the Jubilee bank holiday week off, so you will probably go up there on the Wednesday and stay until the following Monday, so got that all sorted.

Rita, you did a long, post and then it said "no post specified" and It's gone, you cannot find it.

Muriel's son is here from Oz and next week is going to do all extensive alterations to her bathroom, Muriel Ken will stay in a B&B while it's done.  It's a good idea for them to stay in a B&B!

Jean, you tried the scooter out but it is not for you.  Maybe if you cannot sell it you will have another go.

Trying to rain on the dog walk, so glad you went early.

I hope that Dian is having a good day.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Sun May 01, 2022 11:24 am
Hello Everyone - Page 39 Leafy_12Pauline that is certainly a lot of hard work you have got in the garden but will make a big difference. As we know garden work never ends .You certainly getting through the Game of Thrones.That will be nice to look forward to when you go to visit Rachel and Stephen later on.

Barbara that is good you are having nice sunny weather.Hope the rain stays away and do hope David wins his games today.Sorry your mass on line seems to be discontinued. After breakfast you did one set of your exercises and will do another later on. Also have your general knowledge crossword to work on and also work on your computer

Jean do hope your foot feeling a bit better.Good you got out with Coco before the rain arrived

Rita know how you feel when a post disappears into cyber space. That is wise Muriel staying in B&B with her husband when all that work is getting done. when her son arrives from abroad.

It has been raining during the night but is starting to brighten up now.I must get a move on as had a lazy day yesterday. Have a good day all
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Sun May 01, 2022 12:17 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 39 Qvfqqg10    Good Morning Ladies,  Well it certainly isn't dancing around the Maypole weather this morning.  It is chilly, grey and we have had rain.  If it doesn't rain again I suppose I should wrap up and get out there again and continue with the outdoor jobs.  It was a slow job yesterday dealing with the clearance and I wish I could have got more accomplished, but am getting there slowly and even managed to see to the narrow strip of garden between the fence and pavers at the side and dig in some of the previously sieved fibre and compost.  When I went indoors I got out  one of the small tubs of chicken casserole from the freezer, heated that and cooked some potatoes to go with that and enjoyed that warming tasty meal and then upstairs for a bath and have finished Game of Thrones 6.  Watching that I realised that when I started that a few years back, it was one of those that I never did finish watching, so now up-to-date and can start on Series 7 which I have never watched.  Also caught up with a few recorded programmes too.

Rita, what a nuisance losing the long post and did you manage to get the new cable you were after for the iPad?  Think that is a very good idea both Muriel and Ken booking into a B & B while her son (who will be over from Oz) is seeing to the extensive bathroom alterations.

Jean I see you thought about my suggestion and tried the scooter out, but you don't think it is for you, but if it doesn't sell, you might think about that again.  Good to read you had taken Coco for a walk before the rain arrived.  It wasn't too heavy here, but enough to make everything damp and creating more of a messy job for me to continue with.

Dian, that video you sent of the cheetah family was amazing.  I enjoyed watching that. Garden work never does end and I will look forward to that break with Stephen and Rachel over the Jubilee bank holiday week.  I see you want to get a move on today as it has now brightened up after rain during the night.  Wish the rain here had arrived during the night and dried up by this morning, but hopefully we won't get anymore today and I will get on with another session out there.

Barbara, I see you had sunshine earlier today, but the rain is forecast to reach you. David has done the necessary shopping and is now at the terrain and hope he does better than yesterday.  No Mass for you to watch from your parish church or other churches either, so having done one lot of physio you have the general knowledge crossword to tackle and also computer work.  I see you had to query the Eon bill as it appeared to be the same for you, but were told that it would go up - well I think we would never get over the shock if we were suddenly told our power bills were lowering - can't see that happening ever again.

Well ladies, having treated myself to a bacon sandwich this morning, I think I had better wrap up and get outside again and do some more physical work.  Whatever the weather is like your way I hope you all have a pleasant Sunday.
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Sun May 01, 2022 4:11 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 39 Coffee10  Back again, because it has still rained on and off so got on with indoor jobs. I had some bird seed to put away that I bought in Aldis. so got started on that job and sorted out more from that large kitchen cupboard and decided there were perhaps too many plastic storage boxes in there, so they have gone in the recycling along with some more paperwork I have shredded and while I have been doing that, I have had the t v on watching A Dinnr of Herbs - one of the Catherine Cookson stories always well worth watching.  Going out to feed the birds now their food is sorted and then back in for a warm drink and when that t v film has finished I am going to do a bit more in the craft room.  Just hoping for better weather tomorrow so I can get through some more garden work and hope the day is going well for all of you.
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Mon May 02, 2022 9:17 am
Dull and dark today.  So far have not been out,  a bit tired today. Barry (Jill's husband) is coming round for coffee, have not seen him for a while.

Yesterday had dinner with James and Coco did not like the puppy!!   They will get on eventually.

Was watching Banished for the second time
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Mon May 02, 2022 10:52 am
Hello Everyone - Page 39 1i6fjy60Pauline well certainly winning with the garden work.I always liked Catherine Cookson TV series as they were done very well and reminded us how we were treated as woman . Sad   I am sure the craft room now looking nice and organised again.

Jean that is nice Barry paying you a visit .Laughed at Coco with the pup but as you say will soon become pals.

Barbara do hope David did win his games yesterday. That was strange no Mass on the TV as you say maybe a technical fault. You got one set of exercises done and will do more later .You had a general knowledge crossword to work on and some computer work .Hope you have better weather today

Rita hope you had a good weekend

Well turned chilly here and we have had more rain but pleased I got some work done in the garden yesterday but still more to do.Wishing you all a good day
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Mon May 02, 2022 3:32 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We had a lovely sunny morning until we went out for our walk, which is when the clouds came over.  Luckily it stayed dry and really quite warm.

We did get some rain yesterday afternoon and it went on and on and on!!!

David did the essential shopping early this morning.  After breakfast, I did the first set of my physio exercises and then we went out for our walk.  On coming back home, I tackled the cryptic crossword and once again completed about half of it.  After lunch, David went to the terrain to see if any other club members had turned up.  He’s still out now and so I hope they turned up and that David is winning all his games!  I watched some TV after lunch and have now put the snooker on.  It’s the world championship and so it’s a long competition with a long way to go.  There’ll probably be an evening session to wind the competition up.  I’ve also worked at my computer.

Dian, It had been raining during Saturday night but it started to brighten up yesterday when you posted.  You needed to get a move on as had a lazy day on Saturday!

Thanks for sending me some more emails.  I do enjoy them and so does Andrew!

The Sunday Masses are usually broadcast via Facebook but there was no sign of one yesterday.

Well turned chilly there today and you have had more rain but pleased you got some work done in the garden yesterday but still more to do.

Pauline, Well it certainly wasn't dancing around the Maypole weather yesterday morning.  It was chilly, grey and you had had rain.  If it doesn't rain again you thought you should wrap up and get out there again and continue with the outdoor jobs.  It was a slow job yesterday dealing with the clearance and you wish you could have got more accomplished, but are getting there slowly and even managed to see to the narrow strip of garden between the fence and pavers at the side and dig in some of the previously sieved fibre and compost.  When you went indoors you got out one of the small tubs of chicken casserole from the freezer, heated that and cooked some potatoes to go with that and enjoyed that warming tasty meal and then upstairs for a bath and finished Game of Thrones 6.  Watching that you realised that when you started that a few years back, it was one of those that you never did finish watching, so now up-to-date and can start on Series 7 which you have never watched.  Also caught up with a few recorded programmes too.

I'm afraid David didn't do very well at Petanque yesterday either.  He'll have to pull his socks up, lol!

After posting, you wrapped up and got outside again to do some more physical work.

You came back in again, because it had still rained on and off so got on with indoor jobs. You had some bird seed to put away that you bought in Aldis. so got started on that job and sorted out more from that large kitchen cupboard and decided there were perhaps too many plastic storage boxes in there, so they have gone in the recycling along with some more paperwork you have shredded and while you had been doing that, you had the t v on watching A Dinnr of Herbs - one of the Catherine Cookson stories always well worth watching.  I'm sure I've seen A Dinner of Herbs, Pauline, but it was a long time ago and I don't remember much about it.  I always liked Catherine Cookson stories, though.  You went out to feed the birds now their food was sorted and then back in for a warm drink and when that t v film had finished you went to do a bit more in the craft room.  Just hoping for better weather tomorrow so you can get through some more garden work.

Jean, dull and dark today so far did not go out a bit tired today.  Barry (Jills husband) was coming round for coffee, had not seen him for a while.

Yesterday had dinner with Ja,mes and Coco did not like the puppy!!  They will get on eventually.

Was watching Banished for the second time.

I hope that Rita is OK.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ritadonni
Ritadonni

Mon May 02, 2022 6:33 pm
Hello.

JEAN that was nice for you that Barry came to see you, I guess you both needed the chat.  Good that you had dinner with James and the puppy will soon be friends with Coco. It has not rained here yet, cloudy but gardens so dry.    We friends on here are not far a part, but the weather still varies so much.

PAULINE, it's frustrating for you when you are wanting to be busy in your garden and you get rain! Yes, like you I enjoy the Catherine Cookson dramas, all her books are so absorbing.

DIAN you had some rain too, but was still able to do a bit in your garden. Always plenty to keep busy in gardens.

BARBARA it's disappointing when you cannot find your local Mass at usual place on computer.  You  enjoyed your walk and then got on doing your crossword keeping busy.

My niece came for dinner today then we went  for a walk, me with two walking sticks, along a woodland path, of course dog walkers go that way too and I felt upset to see plastic bags of dog poo tossed by the side of the path.  Why do they take plastic there and leave it, better to leave the natural Poo than plastic.  Grrrrr. It is years since I was on that particular walk but nothing seems the same.

When we got home Sue managed to get friend Jackie on line and we were able to see and chat with her.   Jackie had her cat resting in bed with her, she is crippled with Motor Neurone disease, fed thro tubes, etc., now,  but 14 years ago she was told probably had only months to live?.. ..she was a Police Sergeant.  There is a new Gym rehabilitation Centre  in her name, she is so much admired.   As usual she was cheerful, said had been watching TV.    We count our blessings!
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Mon May 02, 2022 9:29 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 39 Rounde16   Hi Ladies.  I worked out in the garden for as long as I could and despite the on and off rain yesterday, it wasn't enough for the garden so the final job was watering everything and hosing down where I had made a mess working - used a lot more of the sieved fibre in some planters and continued with that small edge by the side fence and then turned over all of the compost and emptied the last of the bags into that, so all of them have been cleared away.  Found one more shrub that had taken well in a small pot (Himalayan Honeysuckle) and have potted that in a much larger planter and found another couple of plants that were hiding away in old pots, so those two were rescued.  Have sorted out the bags that the sieved fibre was in and got rid of the ones that aren't black plastic (as they can't be recycled) but cleaned off and kept the black ones.

I worked as late as I could, as tomorrow I have the residents meeting and want to continue with the craft room and hand over a lot of things to the lady who now runs this, as she is connected with one of the other community cetres, where they have quite a few sales to raise funds and can give quite a bit to her for those sales.

I only had cheese on toast tonight, as I didn't fancy doing any meal preparation and now need to go up for a bath, shampoo and set my hair and catch up on some recorded progammes.  Sorry I haven't had the time to read and answer your posts this evening, but will do that in the morning when my hands have had a rest and wishing you all a peaceful night.

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum