Nifty Fifties Plus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Hello Everyone - Page 2 Empty Re: Hello Everyone

Wed May 11, 2022 2:27 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 2 63708421Pauline nice photo of Stephen and Rebecca so    yes need to keep the weight off Smile Easier said than done but so nice to have that to look forward to Great you can now get to see the Doctor so do hope you get your painful hands fixed .Still with all  the garden work you have done it would not have helped. Great you have a car boot sale coming up so great  for your sales .

Jean what a lovely photo and you look so happy in it Loved the cake  mmmm. Pleased you have now joined another club and so nice of them  to wish you Happy Birthday  

Rita   that is good you now have tablets for your dizzy spells so do hope they work if not be sure to contact your Doctor again .

Barbara what  a terrible time trying to contact your Doctor you must have felt like screaming getting shoved from pillar to post .David did the essential shopping and after your phone call David went out to do some more  shopping .After that you both watched the Queens speech .After lunch you did your exercise and tackled your cryptic crossword. David watched a Western on TV. you also worked on  your computer.

Not long in from Wed club ..Enjoyed  it but no win at the Bingo. We have had showers off and on .Got a small washing out so need to watch for another shower to get them in.Have a good day all
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Wed May 11, 2022 4:55 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We’ve had miserable weather here again today.  It started with grey skies and strong winds.  Later in the morning, the rain arrived and it’s been quite a bit colder today than it has of late.  It did try to brighten up a bit this afternoon but it didn’t try very hard!

David did the essential shopping early this morning.  After breakfast, I rang the GP surgery and got through quite a bit quicker this time.  The receptionist asked me what my call was about and so I told her that the GP had asked me to ring.  She seemed surprised about that!  Anyway, he rang about 20 minutes ago and confirmed that he’s going to refer me to an orthopaedic consultant.  I still don’t really know why he had to confirm that!  All I have to do now is to wait for the referral to come through but I suspect it may well be a long wait as no doubt orthopaedics have a long waiting list, as do all the other hospital departments.  I have another physio appointment tomorrow afternoon.  Later in the morning, David went to the terrain to play Petanque and he won most of his games.  After lunch, I watched some TV while waiting for the GP to ring and then David watched some horse racing.  With all the waiting around today, I haven’t yet done my physio exercises but will do them later this afternoon.  I’ve also tackled the cryptic crossword, not very successfully and have worked at my computer.

Pauline, that's a lovely photo that you've put on here of Stephen and Rachel!

David and I have been asking the same question - why didn't my GP ring me if he needed to speak to me?  Well, all I can think of was there may be some sort of protocol involved.  If there is, it's an unnecessary one!

Yesterday evening, you were sitting waiting for the washing machine to finish and creating more jewellery displays and watching DIY SOS at the same time - think you need that team here to help with your clear out!!!   You knew that programme was being made as you had heard about it on your local news (it was in Kettering, another town in your county).  How sad for that family, but lovely how local people get together to help.

Well it had got to the stage where the garden was getting desperate for rain, so had to water last evening and of course, today it is pouring and looks as though it is in for the day.  That means indoor jobs and getting on with the jewellery displays and packing again for hopefully a car boot sale when you are in Rugby over the Jubilee part week and weekend.

For the past 9 days your Freeview reception has had continual interruptions, which has meant failed recordings, so have had to catch up on BBCiPlayer and ITV Hub this morning on the computer, for some of the programmes you couldn't watch live, but you are now up-to-date and the Freeview signal is now back to perfect in this area (thank goodness). There has been a big outage throughout the south, midlands and further north towards Manchester (where the problem was with that transmitter), but apparently the work on this problem is now over, so fingers crossed (which of course, you cannot do with the state of your hands) that is the end of that problem.

With regard to the hands and fingers problem, this morning got a phone call from the surgery following the second lot of blood tests yesterday and the doctor will be phoning you on Friday morning 20th May to talk about that problem.  Quite a wait, but at least you will get that phone call with the doctor contacting you, unlike all of that nonsense that Barbara has to go through.

Rita, it certainly is such a performance to get through to a Doctor, and much patience is certainly needed.  We got there in the end when he rang me earlier this afternoon but it was a long day while waiting for it to happen!

Today your local chemist delivered to your door your prescribed tablets for the dizzy spells which frequently bother you.  I hope they help you.

The Doctor had phoned you after you had left a message and she said if the tablets do not work you must make appointment to see her at the surgery.  

You have been to bed this afternoon and have since dozed in chair, hence your being up late now but you are ready for bed again.

Dian, yes, I did feel like screaming down the phone while trying to contact my GP but it wouldn't have done any good, unfortunately.  I just had to keep my cool, which wasn't easy!

Not long in from Wed club.  Enjoyed  it but no win at the Bingo.  Better luck next time, Dian!  You have had showers off and on.  Got a small washing out so need to watch for another shower to get them in.

I hope that Jean is having a good day!

Stay safe and well, everyone!

Lots of love from me to all!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ritadonni
Ritadonni

Wed May 11, 2022 11:11 pm
Hi ladies. Heavy rain today but it cleared this afternoon. This morning I had phone call from neighbour down the street saying she was poorly and needed me. So I put my coat on with my bag and phone and went down.    Maureen was very confused, but I gave her her pill and a cup of tea, and she needed to talk but gradually  breathed easier.  She seemed to think she had been robbed of photos and paperwork!!   I stayed with her a couple of hours then came home. I popped down  at six tonight and she was ok having talked on phone to her daughter who lives nearby, but was away at her son's, but will be back tomorrow. Maureen is 97 lives alone.  I have done very little this afternoon but will go as usual shopping at Sainsburys tomorrow.

PAULINE! That is a good photo of the Happy couple and it will not be long before you will all celebrate at their wedding.   I am glad you will actually see your Doctor on Friday and find out what can be done to ease your pains.

BARBARA , at last you spoke to the Doctor, so now you are waiting for a hospital appointment, and that could be a long wait.  I hope your Physio appointment is beneficial for you. David is back on form and winning Pétanque matches again.

DIAN. I see you had a nice time at your Wed club but didn't win on the bingo this time!
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Thu May 12, 2022 10:26 am
Good Morning everyone!

We have a lovely sunny day here so far and it looks as if it’s going to stay that way for the whole day!  What a change from yesterday’s miserable weather!

David did the essential shopping early this morning and now he’s clearing out our understairs cupboard in readiness for the work that’s going to be done, starting next Monday, with a walk in shower being installed in our bathroom and the old bath being taken away.  The workmen will need access into our understairs cupboard so that they can do the necessary work regarding the cabling.  I have a physio appointment this afternoon and so am going on my laptop now as I don’t suppose I’ll feel much like doing computer work afterwards!  I’ve done one set of my physio exercises and will do the second set later today.  I shall also be tackling the cryptic crossword later.

Rita, you had heavy rain yesterday but it cleared in the afternoon. In the morning you had phone call from neighbour down the street saying she was poorly and needed you. So you put your coat on with your bag and phone and went down. Maureen was very confused but you gave her her pill and a cup of tea, and she needed to talk but gradually breathed easier. She seemed to think she had been robbed of photos and paperwork. ,!? You stayed with her couple of hours then came home. You popped down at six last night and she was ok having talked on phone to her daughter who lives nearby but was away at Her son's but will be back today. Maureen is 97 lives alone.  That was very kind of you, Rita, and it must've been very worrying for you.

You had done very little in the afternoon but will go as usual shopping at Sainsburys today.

I hope that Pauline, Dian and Jean will all have good days.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Thu May 12, 2022 10:40 am
The sun was shining when I got up and James took me to the doctors for the blood tests, now it is chilly due to the wind.

James brought his puppy and Coco and Theo went for a walk.

See you have all been very busy and Rita good that you helped that lady.

Nice photo of Rachel and Stephen, Pauline, as for doctors well where are they?
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Thu May 12, 2022 12:05 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 2 Ckplib39Still morning just.
Pauline hope your blood tests help when you see your Doctor .tomorrow and hopefully get something to help .Do hope you do manage too sell some of your jewellery with all the hard work you put into sorting them and even your own money.

Rita that was so good of you to help your neighbour when she really needed you .Sometimes that, is  all you need is someone to be there. That was so kind that you popped down later to check in on her and she was more settled .Hope your tablets are working for you too.

Jean that was good James took you to the Doctors also took the 2 dogs for a walk. Do hope your toe is healing

Barbara good you did finally get all sorted with the Doctor .I know everything to do with health care is really struggling My daughter said that they are so many Doctors coming up for retiring  age and not many staying on also short of practice nurses ect. Good you are still doing your exercises .See David still doing well at the Terrain.

It has been a bright morning but high wind gusting so will not venture into the garden .I have showered washed and set hair for tomorrow .Now off for a snack
Pauline
Pauline
Admin
https://nifty-fifties.forumotion.com

Thu May 12, 2022 1:36 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 2 Mfffxm10   Hi Ladies.  Very slow work for me yeserday as I was stuck indoors due to rain and getting on with the jewellery - not very quickly either due to the fact that with my fingers the way they are, it isn't that easy to open the necklace hooks to get them displayed, but getting there slowly.

This morning as it started off sunny and calm I though I might try and clear some of the garden rubbish that needed burning in the incinerator, but then a wind picked up, so not sure what to do next out there.

Dian thanks for the remarks about the photo of Stephen and Rachel and so far have taken off another couple of lbs this week - slow but sure and must keep it up.  Will have to wait now until the end of next week for the doctor to phone me on Friday 20th to see what is planned for me.  See you got some washing out in between showers yesterday and hope that dried for you.  No win for you at the Wednesday club this week, but you enjoyed it.  High gusty wind for you today, so you don't plan to go in the garden, but have got your hair set ready for the outing tomorrow and hope the weather improves for that.

Barbara, miserable weather for you yesterday, like I had here.  Thankfully you did get the phone call from the doctor after you getting through to the surgery and explaining it all again.  As you say, that phone call really wasn't necessary, but suppose he thought he would get his bit in to say he was referring you, although it wasn't him who suggested it!!  See you have another physio appointment today and the weather is better for you. David is busy clearing out from the understairs cupboard and getting ready for the installation of the shower, which starts on Monday and I do hope that all goes well. Thanks for your remark too about the photo of Stephen and Rachel.

Jean, see you have had the bloods taken and James got you there.  Yes, that wind is chilly and don't think it is calm enough for me to get the incinerator going.  See that James took his puppy and Coco for a walk and expect they will get used to one another that way.  Thanks for the remarks about the photo of Stephen and Rachel. As you say, where are the doctors?  I only saw a training doctor and the next contact for me next week is a phone call from one of the fully trained doctors (I hope), to see what they have decided what treatment I need.

Rita, That was so good of you to go and help Maureen when she phoned you and glad that you managed to get her calmed down and medication taken.  Sounds as though she was very confused and good that her daughter will be back today.  I see you also popped in again in the evening to see how she was.  Thanks for your remarks too about the photo of Stephen and Rachel and not long to go now until the wedding.  As far as seeing my own doctor, well not too sure about that.  I had the two lots of bloods taken and before that I saw a trainee doctor who  ordered the blood tests, then texted me to say that I was low in Vit D and since the second lot of blood tests the surgery phoned me to say that a doctor would be phoning me next week on Friday 20th - not sure if it will be my own doctor contacting me, or whether it will be another locum, but got to wait for that phone call to see what they have planned in the way of treatment.  Hope your trip to Sainsbury's went well this morning.

I just made a cup of coffee and had a break in between typing this and went out in the garden.  Checked out one lot of trellis that I want to get up in place of the broken one that runs above the end of the pathway and at least that will fit, so might get out there and tidy that up and then get some fresh stain on it before it goes up and that will be another job I can cross off of the list.

Have a good day all of you.
Ritadonni
Ritadonni

Thu May 12, 2022 7:45 pm
Good news. I popped down to see Maureen. What a transformation! I was so pleased to see  that she was well dressed with necklace, etc, chatting, bright and cheerful , so I did not go inside just chatted on doorstep. I think her daughter will call to see her today.

So I had just returned from Sainsbury's and was putting food  away when friend Barbara called in and I enjoyed chatting with her.  Then I made and had my lunch and was dozing off when my son Peter came, ready to sort my garden.  I think I  mentioned before about Age Concern gardener did not come or contact to make further appointment, so I have definitely cancelled  them  from any more.  As stated before, first they had made appointment late February (rained  off) and then excuses until finally made appointment,  but once again it  rained so no gardener. End of contact.

JEAN, it's good to see your family looking out for you and that you had and are having attention to your poorly foot.  Coco will be happy to have the puppy to play about with when James brings him.

BARBARA, I hope your Physio appointment went well, not too tiring for you.  You will be looking forward to having your new shower, but not for the upset whilst the work is being done.

DIAN. I guess if it's been good weather that you have been in your garden.

PAULINE, take care of yourself, try to rest occasionally. I hope you get some  good advice from your Doctor on Friday.
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Fri May 13, 2022 9:25 am
Well the doctors just rang saying I need another blood test because they did not put the diabetic one on.... so another trip. Fed up with it all.

The wind is blowing a gale here and it is cold, but the sun is making a break through.

Glad you have had lots of company Rita.
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Fri May 13, 2022 10:19 am
Hello Everyone - Page 2 Laburn10    Hello Ladies.  Yesterday I eventually dealt with the trellis section I needed.  Put in three new down struts and got it all straightened up and repaired.  I didn't stain it because it looked as though rain was arriving, but will get that done this morning and try and get it in place today, so that the clematis that I have draped over the shrub below it, can be hooked up onto that and some of the hanging garden ornaments can be placed back where they used to be. One more job off of the list.  I also got on with displaying more of the jewellery and dealing with some computer work.

This morning there is so much cloud around (some sun here and there) and there is a cold wind, so after sorting the new piece of trellis I think it is going to be indoor jobs again, but will see what else I might be able to do out there (well wrapped up against the wind).

Dian, hope you enjoy the day out with your daughter today and thank you for the emails - always enjoy them.

Barbara, expect we will hear from you later and hope the sort out is going well with regard to clearing things ready for the shower installation.

Rita, that certainly was good news as to how Maureen had brightened up when you checked on her yesterday and hope her daughter is now back from her break with her son.  Glad that the Sainsbury's trip went well and as you were putting the shopping away your friend Barbara called to see you and you enjoyed the time with her, then after preparing your lunch and eating that and as you were settling down for a rest, Peter called to deal with the garden for you.  Hope the work wasn't too heavy for him and I am so glad to read that you have cancelled out the so called garden help from Age UK. Their continual cancellations certainly weren't good enough and you know how I felt about the charges - far too high and I mentioned to you when we met, that I thought you should cancel them out.  Rita I certainly don't rush at things these days - not possible anyway - so take things at a slower pace, but of course, everything takes much longer to do.  Very frustrating as you know, but something we have to accept.as we get older.

Jean, got your email about our blood tests and as frustrating as it is about you having to go back today for the diabetic one they had missed, at least we are both getting attention gradually.  Yes certainly chilly wind out there this morning, so any garden work I will do, will be with me well wrapped up.

Enjoy your day Ladies and I am off to get the stain and paint brush out and deal with that trellis - better get that done today as we are forecast some nasty stormy weather by tomorrow evening, but hope we miss that.  
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Fri May 13, 2022 10:23 am
P.S I see that my post has started off on page 42, but be prepared for a new section to open up starting from a fresh page 1.  This usually happens when we get over page 40 as each secton seems just to contain 40 pages.  Think I have mentioned it before, but we can always look back over previous postings (all in their sections of 40 pages).
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Fri May 13, 2022 3:55 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We’ve had mixed weather today.  It started off nice and sunny but then the clouds came over and the wind became stronger and it was quite cold again.  The sun is back with us now, thank goodness!

Yesterday’s physio session went very well.  First of all, I went on the exercise bike and had a great time as well as it being good for my knees!  Then the physiotherapist did joint manipulation on my knees.  It did hurt but not as much as it did last week!  I felt much better walking home than I did walking to the clinic, although I was very tired.

David did the essential shopping early this morning and then was able to pass a lot of the contents of our understairs cupboard to a local rag and bone man.  There was nothing there that we needed or wanted to keep.  I’ve done the first set of my physio exercises and will do the second set later.  I’ve tackled the cryptic crossword and will try and finish it later this afternoon.  I’ve done some work at my computer too.  David has gone to the terrain to play Petanque and I do hope he’s winning all his games!

Well, ladies, I've read all your posts and wish everyone well, but I'll close for now, as I'm a bit tired, but will be back tomorrow!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Fri May 13, 2022 4:05 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 2 Ndgfk513Pauline great you have got your trellis all sorted again and just waiting to get the stain on . That  was good getting more jewellery sorted out. also good got more computing work finished .

Jean annoying having to get more tests done but will be worth in the end. Yes we are having chilly weather here too also strong cold winds Sad

Rita so pleased to hear Maureen recovered so well again .Brilliant Peter also popped in to do some gardening for you. Nice too your friend Barbara also popped in for a visit which does cheer one up .Think wise to finish with age concern gardener .Enjoy your weekend .

Barbara hope you and David have had a good day too Having a shower will be a big help for you Still having it done will be a nuisance but will be worth it in the end.

Not long in from day out with daughter .We picked my friend up at 10am then off to the shops .We visited Matalan B&M also HB. Stopped for a nice snack before coming home. It was dry but strong chilly wind blowing .Laughed at the cat this morning as he rushed round back garden with tail in the air as though the devil was chasing him. So funny to watch. Off now for something to eat though not really hungry so might wait till later. Bought more plants too Smile now just need to get them potted up but not today .Have a good weekend all .
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Sat May 14, 2022 9:08 am
Well I am waiting for the washing machine to finish.  Have been sent another photo, but so far have not been able to download it.

It is sunny here, hopefully it will keep shining.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Sat May 14, 2022 11:24 am
Hello Everyone - Page 2 Gml_sa11Jean hope you get your washing out to dry
Just popping in for a quick hello to all as hoping to get out and pot up the plants I bought yesterday Not too sure how the weather is going to be .Windy and dry at the moment. hoping to pop back in latetr

Have a nice weekend all
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Sat May 14, 2022 12:37 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 2 Rdglas10  Today it is lovely weather and going to tackle more garden jobs.  Here is a photo of the trellis repaired, stained and up in place and now to get the clematis sorted out and trained towards that. There is also another photo of three pieces of trellis that I usually use on other parts of the fencing where climbing plants need some support, so will try and get them in place today. Obviously more staining to do on patchy fences, but that can wait for another day, but at least the stain and brush is available for more work.

Hello Everyone - Page 2 P1130937 Hello Everyone - Page 2 P1130938

Now another photo received from Jean showing more of her birthday party:-

Hello Everyone - Page 2 J_s_bd10

Jean, looks as though you were all having such a good time.  Yes hopefully the sun will keep on shining today and don't think you will have a problem getting that washing dry today outside.

Barbara good to read that your physio sesson went so well on Thursday and Friday was going well for you both.  That was handy the rag and bone man taking a lot of items from the clear out that you no longer needed.

Dian that was a busy day out with your daughter and friend, with so many different shops visited.  You mentioning the cat with the wind up his tail, I used to notice that when I used to take the money at senior school lunch times - the pupils were always more agitated on days like that.  It is reckoned that it is to do with the ions in the air being stripped of a lot of things and people and animals reacting to this in a strange way - hence the saying "an ill wind".  Unfortunately the suicide rate is higher too on days like that.  See you couldn't resist buying more plants - something I have talked mself out of lately, seeing as I have plenty of seeds flourishing now.  See it is still windy, but dry today so you are hoping to get those new plants potted up.  Thank you for the new emails which I enjoyed looking at today.

Rita, hope all went well for you and Peter with the garden clearance and you are enjoying your weekend.

Must away now ladies and get back to the garden - first get the clematis lifted up and sorted and then, not quite sure what to tackle next, but will enjoy working in this weather and hope you all have a good day.

Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Sat May 14, 2022 3:39 pm
I have not seen anybody all day and spent it in tears,  but last week I had a great time.  It is too hot to take Coco out for another walk.  We would have gone to the seaside if David was here,  I miss him so much.
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Sat May 14, 2022 4:09 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We’re having glorious weather here today, with lovely sunshine, blue skies and a gentle breeze, and still no rain, although we could do with having some, as everything outside is so dry.

David did the essential shopping early this morning and then he went to the terrain to have an extra practice before tomorrow’s all day competition.  After lunch, he went back to the terrain to play in the club session.  He’s just come home and he won the first game but lost the other two.  Hopefully he’ll do better in tomorrow’s competition!  I still have my physio exercises to do and will do the first set on finishing on the computer today.  I’ve tackled the cryptic crossword and have just one more clue to solve.  I’ve also worked at my computer and have sent some emails.  I’m having problems with one of my toes, which has some recurring hard skin underneath it.  The mobile chiropodist is coming on Monday afternoon and so he’ll be able to file it down.  Unfortunately, it keeps coming back and apparently there’s no cure as it’s caused by my gait, which I can’t do anything about.

I can’t remember if I’ve already said, but we’ve had a call from Orange Badge, which is the company that’ll be installing our walk in shower.  They were due to come and start work on Monday but it’s been put back to Tuesday due to their job in the week just gone overrunning.  I hope there won’t be an even longer delay!

Dian, when you posted yesterday, you were not long in from day out with daughter.  You picked your friend up at 10am then off to the shops.  You visited Matalan B&M also HB. Stopped for a nice snack before coming home. It was dry but strong chilly wind blowing.  Laughed at the cat this morning as he rushed round back garden with tail in the air as though the devil was chasing him. So funny to watch.  I bet you'd wished you'd taken photos of him!  After posting, you went off for something to eat though not really hungry so might wait till later. Bought more plants too.  Now just need to get them potted up but not straight away.

This morning, you just popped in for a quick hello to all as hoping to get out and pot up the plants you bought yesterday.  Not too sure how the weather was going to be.  Windy and dry when you posted.  Hoping to pop back in later.

Jean, well, this morning you were waiting for the washing machine to finish.  Have been sent another photo, but so far have not been able to download it.

It is sunny here, hopefully it will keep shining.

You posted again this afternoon but were feeling very upset.  I'm sorry to hear that, Jean.  It's good that last week you had a great time.  It was too hot to take Coco out for another walk.  You would have gone to the seaside if David had been there.  I know how much you miss him.

Pauline, today it is lovely weather and going to tackle more garden jobs.  Thanks for posting the photo of the trellis repaired, stained and up in place and now to get the clematis sorted out and trained towards that. Thanks too for another photo of three pieces of trellis that you usually use on other parts of the fencing where climbing plants need some support, so will try and get them in place today. Obviously more staining to do on patchy fences, but that can wait for another day, but at least the stain and brush is available for more work.  Thanks also for the lovely photo taken at Jean's birthday party, with lots of nice smiley faces!

After posting, you got back to the garden - first got the clematis lifted up and sorted and then, you weren't quite sure what to tackle next, but enjoyed working in this weather!

I hope that Rita is having a good day.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Sun May 15, 2022 11:27 am
Hello Everyone - Page 2 C4s9sg24Do wish it looked like that giff this morning but instead a really miserable wet one.

Pauline your garden looking a treat with all the hard work you have put in.It really cheers you up when you can see what a difference  all that hard work does make .Do hope your hands did not suffer too much

Jean sorry you are having such a down day .Loved your photo all looking so nice and happy .Hope your day improves so you can take coco for a little walk.

Rita wishing you a good day with no problems

Barbara so nice to have that nice weather. Do hope David did well with his games today Good you did get your exercises done after your computer work .You nearly finished the cryptic crossword then worked on the computer and sent some e mails. Good the chiropodist is coming on Monday to fix your hard skin under one of your toes.You will be looking forward to having your new shower.

Yesterday turned out really nice so did get some plants potted up and also cut the back grass and so glad I did as it is such a wet miserable day.
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Sun May 15, 2022 12:14 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We have wet weather here today, which is a mixed blessing.  No one likes getting wet but our gardens are so very dry and I’m hoping this amount of rain will help with that.  The good thing is that it’s not really cold.  Maybe summer has arrived at long last!

David did the essential shopping early this morning and then went to the terrain to play in an all day competition.  He gets there early so that he can rake the piste and does a good job.  I just hope he’s not getting too wet.  He normally takes a raincoat with him.  I took part in an online Mass earlier this morning, joining in with the responses.  Again, this was broadcast from another parish, as my own one has discontinued the live streaming, as presumably covid isn’t as much of a threat now, although I have my doubts about that.  I hope one day soon to be able to attend Mass in person.   I’ve just put the washing machine on and it’s whirring away nicely!  I’ve also done the first set of my physio exercises and will do the second set later on today.  I shall also be attempting to complete the general knowledge crossword in the Sunday magazine.  David and I watched part of the Eurovision Song Contest last night but didn’t stay up for the results.  It goes on far too late, in my opinion.

The mobile chiropodist is coming here tomorrow and I hope he’ll be able to file down the hard skin underneath one of my toes so that walking stops being painful, at least for a while.

Dian, that's a lovely gif you've posted and I too wish our weather looked like it but instead, we have a really miserable wet one too!

Yesterday turned out really nice so did get some plants potted up and also cut the back grass and so glad you did as it is such a wet miserable day.

I hope that Jean is feeling better today and that Pauline and Rita are in fine fettle!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Sun May 15, 2022 12:34 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 2 Uxe6cl10    Hello Ladies.  This morning it does look a bit cloudy compared to the sunny day yesterday and also we have had rain during the night.

Yesterday my neighbours decided they would have their own Eurovision Song Contest from quite early in the morning, so there was no way I was getting up the step ladder to deal with the clematis, particularly as they were chopping up goodness knows what and burning on the bbq, so kept my head down and under the smoke.  Started clearing the remainder of the things that had been dumped on the garden table, which included the last lot of poles from the undamaged gazebo frame and as they were dry, wrapped them up in two plastic sacks and placed them in the old shopping trolley I had kept for shifting things around, so having cleared a lot of that and as it was a calm day and my neighbours were already burning, I then got on and sorted out the full up incinerator.  Got that all sorted and started to burn some of the items with it then only a third full and gradually added more to it and completely cleared it all finally.

Came in after that from the noise from next door and not too pleasant cooking smells and continued with the jewellery displays, going well into the evening, while watching the Eurovision Song Contest, which this year seemed to be well worth watching and well done Sam for the UK (with that magic touch of David Bowie and Brian May).  What is left now for me to sort through are the earrings which are never easy to display, but got to be done and will try and finish that lot today.

Jean yesterday in tears was probably down reaction from the good time you had last week with your family and you will still get days like that for quite a while.  At least you have the good memories of places you visited with David.  Weather today isn't too hot for a walk with Coco, but a bit miserable after the sunshine from yesterday.

Barbara, usual things for you yesterday and David got in some practice at the terrain and then went back for the games and hope all goes well for him today in the competition. You have booked the chiropodist who will visit tomorrow afternoon and deal with that hard skin that builds up under one of the toes.  Shame that the work on shower installation has had to be put back to start on Tuesday and hope that day is when they do start, having been held up in their previous job, but these things do happen.  Thanks for the remarks about the photos of the trellises all repaired and stained - was good to get a start on them. As it is quiet nextdoor I might just try and get that clematis sorted out today and trained to that replacement trellis. Just caught your post from today as I was getting ready to post this and see the rain has arrived with you and you are hoping that David isn't getting too wet.  You have managed to see a Mass this morning, got the washing machine on, done one lot of your exercises and attempting the general knowledge crossword in the Sunday magazine and hope you complete that.  

Dian, shame you have got a miserable wet morning and it is very gloomy here too.  It was a bit difficult repairing that trellis, with my hands they way they are - found it very hard to pick up the nails and screws I needed, but got it done in the end.  Same with trying to undo necklace fastenings, but getting their slowly.  I see you are so pleased that you got a lot of garden work done yesterday while the weather was so good - potting up, grass cutting at the back, etc. I see I have a couple of more email funnies from you to look at next and just know I will enjoy them.

Rita, do hope all is well with you this weekend.

Well ladies must away now and think the first thing I will do (seeing as there is no noise or smoke from nextdoor) I will get that clematis in place and see if there is anything else I can do outside - just putting off dealing with all of those fiddly earrings.  Enjoy your day ladies.

Ritadonni
Ritadonni

Sun May 15, 2022 8:25 pm
Hi there, it's been a quiet day, but I did get out into the garden for an hour and weeded and cleared a small patch round a rose tree and put some seeds in.  Bit difficult leaning on walking stick.

Yesterday I went with a neighbour on bus to Olney, a pleasant little place, we were not sure of bus times back so sat for an hour on a seat at the bus stand. Buses are one and half hours apart and there are no current times shown at bus stops. Nevertheless it was good to get out and about and have a cuppa in outside cafe.

Pauline, my goodness, you did well to get that trellis in place and all painted too. You must be well pleased with all you have done.  Did you talk to your Doctor on Friday, was he/she helpful?

Dian, I see you too have plants to put in place in your garden and looking forward to them blooming there.

Barbara, I hope the weather is fine for when your shower gets installed, always better for workmen treading in and out.

Jean, you have nice Birthday photos, your family looked after you well. You will have many sad lonely days but you have good caring family there.

I am going to watch TV now, programme celebrations from Windsor.
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Mon May 16, 2022 8:54 am
It is raining hard today.  Just had a phone call that Barry (Jill's husband) has had to go to the docs and they will phone me later as they want to see me.

See your neighbours are at it again Pauline, hope they stopped by bedtime.  How did you get on at the docs Pauline?
Ritadonni
Ritadonni

Mon May 16, 2022 10:06 am
That is a mysterious phone call you had Jean from Barry, was it about Jill? It's a long time worry for him when he is not well himself.

It's a dull damp day here, so not a washing day for me.  Last night I wrote on here then it said someone else (Pauline) posted at same time, did I want to amend it?,  but I just left it as written.  I sat down to watch Tv last night then just when singers, etc., were due to come in, tv went off, so by time it came back on it was horses etc.

Pauline, I guess the damp air is not helping your aches/pains, but you probably still find something to do in garden (maybe burning something!).

It's probably an indoor day for us all.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Mon May 16, 2022 11:59 am
Hello Everyone - Page 2 1i6fjy62Pauline see your horrible neighbours playing up again .You did well getting more finished in the garden .Good you also got more jewellery attended to and must be difficult with your hands being so painful. Do hope the nasty smells were blowing away.

Jean hope your having a good day Do hope nothing serious wrong with Barry. See you are having the wet weather too

Rita that was good getting out with a neighbour to Olney and enjoying a nice cuppa .Well done in getting some gardening done and really hard with a walking stick.

Barbara hope David did well at the terrain .That was nice taking part with an online Mass. Good you got one of your exercises done and will do more later.Also you tackled the Sunday crossword .Hope David did not get too wet .Later you both watched the European contest but did not watch to the end.

Well another Wet day  so will just catch up with some housework
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum