Nifty Fifties Plus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Hello Everyone - Page 38 Empty Re: Hello Everyone

Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:23 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We've had lovely sunny weather here today, nice and mild but very windy.  When David and I went for a walk this morning, I thought we were going to be blown away!

David did the essential shopping early this morning.  After breakfast, I did the first set of my physio exercises and then we had our walk in the sunshine.  I shall do the second set a bit later today.  I've yet to tackle the cryptic crossword but have done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.  I shall tackle the cryptic crossword later today too.  David is now watching snooker on the TV and I've got one eye on it while typing!  I've also caught up on some TV I missed yesterday due to the visit from my sister, which was most enjoyable.  We all had a good chat and a good laugh.

I've read all your posts and wish you all well.  

Pauline, thanks for adding the colour and font size to my last post.

Yes, this cold weather isn't helping us with our arthritis.  I'm sorry to hear that your shoulder is still suffering after 3 months.  No, my GP hasn't got back to me but I had a feeling that the receptionist I spoke to wouldn't be giving him the message.  When I asked her to do so, she said, "I'll try" and then laughed.  I think those receptionists may be afraid of the doctors for some reason, or else she was just being awkward.  I don't know which.  I'll try ringing again on Monday morning and leaving him a message, this time making the point that he'd suggested I do so the last time I spoke to him.

Dian, Yes, my sister's visit yesterday did help to cheer me up, thanks.  Thank you once again for sending me those video "funnies".  I always appreciate them.

Jean, I hope your hand soon recovers from the incident with Peanut's teeth.

I hope that Rita is having a good day.

Stay safe and well, everyone!

Lots of love from me to all!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:02 am
well it is more yuck weather today. dark and dull
my son told me yesterday when I said I would love a steak to go to a reaturant on my own., or cook one at home. I cannot believe the pain he causes me
just wish David was here
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Sat Jan 14, 2023 11:40 am
Hello Everyone - Page 38 1o3wsa40Well it was a wild cold morning but sun has now popped out but not for long I am sure

Pauline hope your having a good day with no problems

Jean do not let your son spoil your day maybe he is having a rotten day too so just ignore and give Peanut a cuddle but know how you feel .

Barbara that is so annoying having such trouble at the Doctors but heard on TV lots of people all having such trouble with their Doctors .That was really nice having that nice time with your sister.Does cheer one up

Well I have had a lazy morning so now must jump and get some work done
Pauline
Pauline
Admin
https://nifty-fifties.forumotion.com

Sat Jan 14, 2023 1:48 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 38 Gpk1t510    Hi Everyone and we have another rainy day.  Last evening it was dry, but I went and picked up a couple of bowls of the bird food and put them under the shelter, because I just had that feeling we would get more rain and didn't want that load of food wasted - after all, it is expensive enough to purchase and on Monday I will try and get out shopping early and got to top up the bird food first of all in B & M, get to the bank and pay in a £10 cheque from Age UK from a win on their lottery.  Mind you I usually pay in £8.68 each month and only ever win £10 about once every 18 months, but all for a good cause.  After that got some top up shopping to do and then to the club.

With all of the jobs here and there I am doing around the house with the mini spring cleans, I don't seem to have managed to get one room completely done. After changing those bedroom curtains and doing some dusting in there, I had to bring down Henry for vacuuming and picking up more tinsel downstairs, so my bedroom really didn't get completed and was up early this morning stripping the bed and getting that load of laundry in at the cheaper rate, but at least got the bed remade, but still need to do more dusting and vacuuming in there.  Before Henry goes upstairs again I have got to completely vacuum downstairs as I just seem to be finding more clearing out to do - like yesterday the kitchen and dining room was nearly completed, but decided to tidy up some photo frames on some shelving next to the computer and that meant also pulling out a box from the bottom shelf which contained put aside paperwork, which again started a good clear out of a lot of garden catalogues and travel mags, which again led to me pulling out a lot of pages from them (flower and Christmas designs, etc., which will do for decoupage crafting), so still more clearing to do from that, but at least I have a nearly cleared box to put current paperwork in and a nearly full up recycling bin..

I suppose I am getting on with so much clearance, but it still doesn't feel as though I am getting anywhere fast.

Jean, I shouldn't bother to make those remarks to Paul - don't give him the chance to upset you.  I know you do like going out as often as possible,  but you have found the club and church to go to, plus the outings with them and do you still go to the Ladies' evenings near you?  Now I never mind staying indoors and always enjoy finding things to keep me busy.  Anyway dont't give him the chance to upset you.  How is your hand?

Dian, plenty of words of wisdom in that last email and liked a lot of them.  Glad to read that you enjoyed yesterday out with your daughter and friend and the day was a dry one while you were out and your granddaughter joined you.  Hope the last exams goes well for her with regard to the nursing and then she will be fully qualified, so good wishes to her and yes, that time has flown.  Those scam calls are such a nuisance.  I got one the other day and usually I let the answerphone take them and of course, no messages left, but saw the number and knew it was probably a scam and felt like making the caller's life difficult and yes, it was one - male voice with Asian accent telling me that at 10.30 the evening before, someone called David had tried to purchase something from my account with Amazon, so told him he was a scumbag and was there any other scam he wanted to try while he was on the line and of course, the call was cut off- how pathetc can they get   So true, changing curtains is time consuming, but glad I got that lot sorted yesterday.  Today started off wild and wet, but then you got sun - here it was the same, with plenty of rain, but all we got was cloud when the rain stopped.  See you were having a lazy morning, but jumping into action this afternoon.

Barbara, Glad to read that you didn't get blown away when you and David went for a walk, because those gusts were really strong here too.  Funnily enough nothing seemed to get blown around the garden, because the wind seemed to be quite high up, but you could hear it roaring.  Good that you enjoyed the visit from your sister and had a good talk and laugh together.  I reckon you should phone again on Monday, which you plan to do and speak to that receptionist and say you were doing what the doctor asked you to do and you do expect a callback from him, but I think we are all in the same boat with regard to our GPs and very surprised how easily Jean got to see her doctor for the tetanus shot - she was lucky,

Well Ladies I must away and just hope I can complete one room at least today.  
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Sat Jan 14, 2023 4:42 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We had that wet and windy weather during last night and into this morning.  The rain did stop some time in the late morning but the wind carried on and it was horrendous!

David did the essential shopping early this morning, and after breakfast, I did the first set of my physio exercises.  I shall do the second set later on today, along with attempting to complete the cryptic crossword, of which I've already done about half.  I've also done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop, along with doing some reading and completing some of the puzzles in the latest Take A Break.  David has been watching snooker on TV and has now gone upstairs into our loft to play with his model railway.

Jean, Well it is more yuck weather today. dark and dull.  I see we have similar weather!

Regarding what your son has said to you about steaks, do try not to let it upset you.  Maybe he's having a hard time at the moment, although he shouldn't take it out on you.  Please do what Dian has suggested and give Peanut a nice cuddle!

Dian, Well you had a wild cold morning but sun has now popped out but not for long you are sure.

I too have heard on TV that a lot of people are having trouble with their doctors.  At least a lot of us are in the same boat, not that that's any real consolation!  Yes, it was really nice having that nice time with my sister.  It does cheer one up!

Well you have had a lazy morning so now you need to jump and get some work done.

Pauline, You have another rainy day.  Last evening it was dry, but you went and picked up a couple of bowls of the bird food and put them under the shelter, because you just had that feeling you would get more rain and didn't want that load of food wasted - after all, it is expensive enough to purchase and on Monday you will try and get out shopping early and got to top up the bird food first of all in B & M, get to the bank and pay in a £10 cheque from Age UK from a win on their lottery.  Mind you you usually pay in £8.68 each month and only ever win £10 about once every 18 months, but all for a good cause.  After that got some top up shopping to do and then to the club.

With all of the jobs here and there you are doing around the house with the mini spring cleans, you don't seem to have managed to get one room completely done. After changing those bedroom curtains and doing some dusting in there, you had to bring down Henry for vacuuming and picking up more tinsel downstairs, so your bedroom really didn't get completed and you were up early this morning stripping the bed and getting that load of laundry in at the cheaper rate, but at least got the bed remade, but still need to do more dusting and vacuuming in there.  Before Henry goes upstairs again you have got to completely vacuum downstairs as you just seem to be finding more clearing out to do - like yesterday the kitchen and dining room was nearly completed, but decided to tidy up some photo frames on some shelving next to the computer and that meant also pulling out a box from the bottom shelf which contained put aside paperwork, which again started a good clear out of a lot of garden catalogues and travel mags, which again led to you pulling out a lot of pages from them (flower and Christmas designs, etc., which will do for decoupage crafting), so still more clearing to do from that, but at least you have a nearly cleared box to put current paperwork in and a nearly full up recycling bin.

You are getting on with so much clearance, but it still doesn't feel as though you are getting anywhere fast.

I shall indeed be phoning the surgery again on Monday morning to request a call back from my GP, seeing as that was what he advised me to do if I have any problems, and I shall be telling that to whichever receptionist I speak to.  I think some of the receptionists think they're guard dogs to the doctors!

I hope you were able to complete one room at least today!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:11 am
Today am taking Barry to the hall at Gt..Doddington for lunch. this is the first time they are doing it.

Been out for a walk with Peanut.

My grandson has stopped ringing me now at night, no reason except he wants to go to bed earlier as he is so tired.  Pity him for that.  I feel all alone now and  will try not to let son upset me.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:44 am
Hello Everyone - Page 38 B8ebnt17Pauline well might not have finished one room but certainly have got a lot of spring cleaning well started .Just reminded me I need to fill the bird containers up.It is appalling that all those scammers are getting away with it I keep getting supposedly calls from Microsoft and as you say all with Asian  accents....grrrr

Jean that is nice to be getting out with Barry again and hope you get back to any clubs you once went too.Peanut will be great company. Wishing you a good day

Barbara do hope you manage to contact your Doctor. It is so annoying that you have to jump through hoops to contact your Doctor .Good still doing your exercises and computer work ect. That is good David enjoys his trains .Yes it is nice when your sister visits you

Hope Rita is having a good weekend

So far is dry so will go and fill up the birds containers .Duke is still getting his drops in his ears but not sure if they are doing any good so far .Now off to do some work
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:59 am
Hello Everyone - Page 38 2fk5ap10  Wouldn't it be nice to open the windows and see this scene greeting us, instead of all of the gloom and rain, but then again, I expect later in the year we will be complaining about the heat and lack of water!!

Jean enjoy your meal with Barry today when you take him to Gt. Doddington Hall and hope it helps to cheer you up.

Barbara, that weather was again awful, so much rain at the moment and a lot of flood warnings around the country - here we have the usual one from the River Nene and just hope all this rain stops for quite a while.  You got on with your usual things yesterday including the puzzles and cryptic crossword and David enjoyed the snooker and then got on with his train set.   Good luck with the phone call to the surgery tomorrow.

Dian, yes mostly all of the scam calls are with Asian accents - such time wasters. Because the weather has been so bad I have tried to keep a few spare bird food containers filled indoors so I can switch them over quickly and not be out in the bad weather for too long and need to see to that after this post and see you are going to do the same today.  This morning I have actually finished all of the dining room and kitchen area and did a lot more shredding and getting rid of paperwork - makes us feel good when we have caught up with that.  I see that Duke is still having to have the ear drops, although you aren't sure if they are doing him any good.  

Another hot coffee first for me and then out to see to the bird food and before I get involved in the housework again or any further clearance, I must set my hair, because I washed it yesterday and just left it to dry without a set, so that is definitely needed.  Have a good Sunday all of you.
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Sun Jan 15, 2023 4:24 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We've had lovely sunny weather here today, though it's been a tad chilly but not as windy as it was yesterday.

David went out early this morning to buy a newspaper and other bits and pieces.  I've done the first set of my physio exercises and will do the second set later today.  I've also tackled the general knowledge crossword in the paper and will have another attempt later.  I've also done some reading and have done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.  David has been watching snooker on the TV and has now gone upstairs into our loft to play with his model railway.

Jean, Today you are taking Barry to the hall at Gt..Doddington for lunch.  This is the first time they are doing it.  It sounds nice.

Been out for a walk with Peanut.  How is Peanut doing now?  Does he still bark at other dogs?

Dian, I'll be phoning the surgery tomorrow morning and leaving a message for my GP to ring me back, as he advised me to do if I have any problems.

It was dry this morning and so you went to fill up the birds containers.  Duke is still getting his drops in his ears but you're not sure if they are doing any good so far.  After posting, you went off to do some work.

Pauline, Yes, it would be nice to open the windows and see that lovely scene greeting us, instead of all of the gloom and rain, but then again, no doubt later in the year we will be complaining about the heat and lack of water!!  Twas ever thus!

Thanks for the good luck message to me for when I ring the surgery tomorrow!

Another hot coffee first for you and then out to see to the bird food and before you get involved in the housework again or any further clearance, you must set your hair, because you washed it yesterday and just left it to dry without a set, so that is definitely needed.

I hope that Rita is all right.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:34 am
The meal at the hall was fine, so we shall go there once a month.  It feels very cold today, so far have not been out.

My sister in law was worried that her brother was on that plane that crashed in Nepal, but it seems he is ok.  He lost his daughter to carbon monoxide poisoning there and goes every year now to where they died.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:37 am
Hello Everyone - Page 38 1i6fjy73 Well it has been a cold frosty night and now cold frosty morning but sun has now popped out so hope it stays and maybe melt the ice

Pauline see still have to set your hair but good to have got it washed. Yes do hope the rain has finally stopped for you so no flooding occurs Must be a terrible worry for folk who get flooded .I am always glad when January has left us .Good to see light nights slowly happening .Roll on spring

Jean that was good you got out for a nice meal with Barry  .Hope Peanut is keeping ok.That was a dreadful plane crash and so near the airport

Barbara good your weather had improved some. David did his shopping and bought a few items while you did your exercises and will do more later. You also tackled the general knowledge crossword and will attempt to finish it later .Also did some reading and work on your laptop and phone .David was watching snooker on the tv then went to play with his trains

Rita hope your having a nice day

Yesterday was quite a nice day so pleased I got out in back garden and lifted the end of the leaves and dead plants.I got a good load into bin which was emptied today so pleased at least got started on the tiding up of winter debris.Sun still shining so do hope its clearing any ice away
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:02 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 38 Reh3xi10    Hello Ladies.  

With all of my plans ready for today and up early to go to the centre and then to the club, well all of those plans fell by the wayside.  Received a message from Amazon to say that a delivery planned for tomorrow was due to arrive today and the order is being sent in two parts with another package possibly arriving today or tomorrow.  Now I have to be in for the delivery, as part of the order was a set of 4 cheese knives, plus some DVDs and I have to show ID to receive the knives (good to know that Amazon are being careful about knives), but this has really messed my plans up with their early delivery - only put the order through on Saturday) and it could also mean that I have to be here tomorow also, because they haven't made it clear which parcel the knives are in.  If they arrive today, then that is okay and if the parcel tomorrow is just a couple of DVDs, then that will go through the letterbox and it won't be two days wasted and means I can get to the centre, hopefully before we get the threatened snow!!!

In a little while I have to phone Margaret as I got a message from another member yesterday, asking me to let them know that he had unexpected things to attend to today, so he wouldn't be there and now I have to explain why I am not there.  Got my hair all set ready for this week, but that is going to stay in rollers now, with a scarf over it, as I might be doing some more dusty work.

At the moment I am going through the two crates of car boot items to see if any of these can go to charity or our raffle, plus there is at least one item I am going to put on Facebook Marketplace to sell and that is the video of Brian Dennehy in the film To Catch a Killer (playing the part of John Wayne Gacy, the serial killer) and this is very hard to find now and has turned into a collector's item, so I will see if I can sell that and possibly might find a few more items that will sell.

Barbara, I see you and David got on with your normal things yesterday and just hope you had more luck when you were going to phone the surgery, aking for your GP to get back to you.

Jean, thankfully your s-i-l's brother wasn't on that flight in Nepal and I must say, with him visiting every year because of his daughter having died there and what with the bad safety record of Nepal's airline, that sounds a very dangerous place to visit on such a regular basis.  Good to know the meal was okay and now that will be something carried on every month.

Dian, a cold frosty morning for you, but the sun has now arrived.  I see they are threatening us with snow now and apparently there are so many places flooded again.  As you say, you are glad when January is over, because we do seem to have gone through the worst of the weather by then.  As you can see from above, the hair got set, but as this is a wasted day, the rollers are still in, covered by a scarf Wink.  Well done you for getting in the garden yesterday and lifting the last of the leaves and dead plants and getting that all in the bin, which has been collected.  Bet you were pleased to see it looking much tidier. That is more than I can say about mine.  Hope that ice does clear away in the sunshine today.

Well ladies I must away and just got this finished before midday and now off to phone Margaret.  Hope all of you have a good day.
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:42 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We've had a mostly dull day today and a cold one too.  We did have some sunshine for a short while but in the last hour, we've had sleet showers, which have now stopped and the sun is once again trying to shine.  Talk about all 4 seasons in one day!

David did the essential shopping early this morning.  I did the first set of my physio exercises after breakfast, after which David went into Croydon to buy some trainers as there was now a hold in one of them.  He bought some from M&S and they look nice and sturdy.  I've also attempted the cryptic crossword, done some reading and also some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.

Early this morning, I phoned the surgery and left a message for my GP to ring me back but so far haven't heard from him.  The receptionist I spoke to today sounded a lot more trustworthy than the last one and so I hope the message got through to my GP.

Jean, The meal at the hall was fine, so you and Barry shall go there once a month.  It feels very cold today, so far have not been out.

Your sister in law was worried that her brother was on that plane that crashed in Nepal, but it seems he is ok.  He lost his daughter to carbon monoxide poisoning there and goes every year now to where they died.

How's Peanut doing now?

Dian, Well it has been a cold frosty night where you are and now cold frosty morning but sun has now popped out so hope it stays and maybe melt the ice.

Yesterday was quite a nice day so pleased you got out in back garden and lifted the end of the leaves and dead plants.  You got a good load into bin which was emptied today so pleased at least got started on the tiding up of winter debris.  Sun still shining so do hope its clearing any ice away.

Pauline, With all of your plans ready for today and up early to go to the centre and then to the club, well all of those plans fell by the wayside.  Received a message from Amazon to say that a delivery planned for tomorrow was due to arrive today and the order is being sent in two parts with another package possibly arriving today or tomorrow.  Now you have to be in for the delivery, as part of the order was a set of 4 cheese knives, plus some DVDs and you have to show ID to receive the knives (good to know that Amazon are being careful about knives), but this has really messed your plans up with their early delivery - only put the order through on Saturday) and it could also mean that you have to be here tomorow also, because they haven't made it clear which parcel the knives are in.  If they arrive today, then that is okay and if the parcel tomorrow is just a couple of DVDs, then that will go through the letterbox and it won't be two days wasted and means you can get to the centre, hopefully before you get the threatened snow!!!

After posting, you had to phone Margaret as you got a message from another member yesterday, asking you to let them know that he had unexpected things to attend to today, so he wouldn't be there and now you have to explain why you are not there.  Got your hair all set ready for this week, but that is going to stay in rollers now, with a scarf over it, as you might be doing some more dusty work.

You are going through the two crates of car boot items to see if any of these can go to charity or your raffle, plus there is at least one item you are going to put on Facebook Marketplace to sell and that is the video of Brian Dennehy in the film To Catch a Killer (playing the part of John Wayne Gacy, the serial killer) and this is very hard to find now and has turned into a collector's item, so you will see if you can sell that and possibly might find a few more items that will sell.

I wholeheartedly agree in being glad when January is over, with the weather that's appearing and being threatened!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:09 am
well it is so cold today minus 4 apoarently. have not been out as yet.
Carol phoned me last night with severe pain in both arms. told her to ring 111. she said she felt so ill. have not heard what happened tossed and turned all night
I will not ring her asyet as she sleeps in as she has no reason to get up
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:38 am
Hello Everyone - Page 38 Mmo7cu10 Good Morning Ladies.

Yesterday both packages arrived from Amazon, so I am going out to do the shopping I had intended to get yesterday.  Very heavy frost this morning, but think I had better get supplies in because of the winter weather forecast and will go out well wrapped up.

Yesterday because I was stuck indoors I managed to get the lounge more untidy because I started going through those two boxes of carboot items (that had been hidden behind the bar) and decided that several good items could go to the charity shops today (DEBRA and Barnardos behind Lidls), then into Lidls (after emptying the trolley) and into the centre to visit Tescos and the Bank (got the £10 winning cheque to pay in from Age UK) and finally go across to B & M to get the necessary bird food (and think that will be really needed with the weather that is forecast).  Then home to get on with the sort out.

Stephen and Rachel phoned last evening - they are home after a wonderful holiday and both admitted they had put on weight with all of the good food and I know that during the coming weekend Rachel has got two late Christmas things to attend, so looks as though we can get together to celebrate Stephen's birthday possibly the following weekend and will sort that out with them later in the week. Good to know they are home safely and had such a great time.

Barbara, four seasons for you all in one day.  Here it was cloudy all day, with a bit of rain thrown in, but early evening I took some recycling out and was surprised to find that everything had dried up from the rain, but the lids of my recycling boxes were firmly stuck down with frost, although it wasn't glistening or apparent and the bird bath had quickly frozen over - at that point more like black ice, but a heavy glistening one this morning.  Should be collection of the recycling today, but as mine is only two thirds full, I think I will leae that for two weeks time.  You got on with your exercises and attempted the cryptic crossword and after doing the essential shopping, David went into Croydon to buy some new trainers and got a sturdy pair in M & S.  You got some reading in and also the usual computer work. At least you felt you had left the message with a more capable receptionist, but didn't get any call back from your GP and just hope you might get that today.

Jean. yes much colder again today and that is why I will get well wrapped up and get that shopping done, because we are forecast even worse to come.  I do hope that Carol is okay today when you phone her.  See you didn't sleep too well after the phone call from her.  I still have that horrible shoulder and arm pain and the arthritis attack seems to be going across the back and into both arms and I get several bad nights because of it - finding the best way to lay and having to get up every couple of hours, so possibly could be that for Carol with the drop in temperatures and an attack of arthritis.  I know my heating bill is going to be so high at the end of this month, but just cannot let my house get coid, beause I would end up crippled with the pain.  All this advice to keep the heating down and getting wrapped up in these furry things that are being sold, absolute nonsense, because if you do have the onset of arthritis or already suffer from this, you just have to keep moving around and from what Barbara writes you can see how she keeps up with the exercises and walking around, even if it is indoors.  Perhaps it would be a good thing if you did phone her early today, because staying in bed, isn't what she needs to do.

Dian, I expect you have another busy day planned.

Must away now Ladies (and finally my hair is out of rollers and set is good) and off to do that shopping.  Hope all of you enjoy your day.

Last edited by Pauline on Tue Jan 17, 2023 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:28 am
Hello Everyone - Page 38 4cnhg167Well it is certainly very cold this morning so need to be well wrapped up.

Pauline good you got your parcels so no need not to get out .I remember that film which was very good and so scary that he got away with so much killing before he was caught. A real evil person............Yes will need to be well wrapped up Good you did get a lot done yesterday .Yes the birds will be busy feeding to keep warm.
Thats  good Stephen and Rachel had such a nice holiday and the food was really good .So easy to put on weight when the food is so nice

Barbara see your having the cold weather too. David did the essential shopping then he went to M&S and bought nice sturdy trainers. You got one set of exercises done and did some computer work on phone and laptop also some reading .Do hope you hear from the Doctor today

Jean do hope Carol is a lot better today and nothing serious wrong with her. Sorry you had such a bad night. Think we a re all having bad winter weather so wrap up well if you manage to get out with Peanut

Rita do hope all is well at your end

Sun now out so do hope it clears the frost away .It is really cold winter weather....brrrrrrrrrrrr Wishing you all a nice day
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Tue Jan 17, 2023 3:58 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We had a heavy frost this morning.  It did eventually clear apart from our lawn, which is still white.  It's been nice and sunny but oh so cold.  It's also making my knees even stiffer and they've become painful again, along with the severe pain in my thigh.  I keep rubbing Voltarol into my knees and Deep Heat into my thigh.

David did the essential shopping early this morning and I did the first set of my physio exercises after breakfast.  I've also done some reading and have done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.  I haven't yet tackled the cryptic crossword but will do so later today, along with the second set of my physio exercises.  David and I watched some TV this afternoon, including the indoor bowls.

I still haven't heard a dicky bird from my GP.  The trouble is that I have no way of knowing if yesterday's receptionist passed on the message to him.

Jean, Well it is so cold today minus 4 apparently where you are.  You have not been out as yet.

Carol phoned you last night with severe pain in both arms.  Told her to ring 111.  She said she felt so ill.  Have not heard what happened tossed and turned all night.  You will not ring her as yet as she sleeps in as she has no reason to get up.  I hope that all is well when you ring her.

Pauline, Yesterday both packages arrived from Amazon, so you are going out to do the shopping you had intended to get yesterday.  Very heavy frost this morning, but think you had better get supplies in because of the winter weather forecast and will go out well wrapped up.

Yesterday because you were stuck indoors you managed to get the lounge more untidy because you started going through those two boxes of carboot items (that had been hidden behind the bar) and decided that several good items could go to the charity shops today (DEBRA and Barnardos behind Lidls), then into Lidls (after emptying the trolley) and into the centre to visit Tescos and the Bank (got the £10 winning cheque to pay in from Age UK) and finally go across to B & M to get the necessary bird food (and think that will be really needed with the weather that is forecast).  Then home to get on with the sort out.

Stephen and Rachel phoned last evening - they are home after a wonderful holiday and both admitted they had put on weight with all of the good food and you know that during the coming weekend Rachel has got two late Christmas things to attend, so looks as though we can get together to celebrate Stephen's birthday possibly the following weekend and will sort that out with them later in the week. Good to know they are home safely and had such a great time.

It was cloudy all day there, yesterday, with a bit of rain thrown in, but early evening you took some recycling out and were surprised to find that everything had dried up from the rain, but the lids of your recycling boxes were firmly stuck down with frost, although it wasn't glistening or apparent and the bird bath had quickly frozen over - at that point more like black ice, but a heavy glistening one this morning.  Should be collection of the recycling today, but as yours is only two thirds full, you think you will leave that for two weeks time.

I'm sorry to hear that you still have that horrible shoulder and arm pain and the arthritis attack seems to be going across the back and into both arms and you get several bad nights because of it.  All this advice to keep the heating down and getting wrapped up in these furry things that are being sold, absolute nonsense, because if you do have the onset of arthritis or already suffer from this, you just have to keep moving around, even if it is indoors.

Dian, Well it was certainly very cold this morning so need to be well wrapped up.  Sun came out while you were posting so do hope it clears the frost away.  It is really cold winter weather....brrrrrrrrrrrr.

I hope that Rita is all right.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:51 am
the sunis shining and so hopefully it will be ok to go for a walk later
I took Barry to the club, he inisisted it was not frosty
Carol is better but still not right. maybe something to do with how she fell down on Boxing Day. so cannot help her there
Peanut casnnot understand why we have not been out......
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:43 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 38 Dsivju10  Hi Ladies.  Such thick white frost this morning and there were also a very few small snowflakes apparent on the bin lids, but all cleared now with the strong sushine, but it is still very cold out there.

Yesterday I did achieve all I wanted to do while I was out and even got the cushion insert pads I was after, from B & M, £5 for 2, as two of the cushions in the lounge had got a bit lumpy with their filling, so another job to be done.  There were some items still unavailable, one of those is the coffee whitener (Tesco's own brand) that I keep in the cupboard as a standby and now the Carnation Coffee Mate isn't available.  Found some reduced bargains, so a fairly good shop. Paid in the cheque to the bank and dropped off the items to the charity shop, but didn't leave there without parting with some money.  Got 10 DVDs for £1 (had a good search to find some I had never seen) and then bought a large bunch of artificial poinsettias and a beautiful door wreath full of red artificial berries of all sizes, both at a low price - thinking ahead of more crafting for next Christmas and always need to start on that early.

Finances to sort out today and get on with the sort out of the car boot items to see what else can go to the charity shops or be used in our raffles.  

Although I started this in the morning it is now afternoon - got a phone call from a friend and had a natter for a while.

Dian, yes that was such a scary film and Brian Dennehy acted the part so well of such an evil person. So far no request for this, but only been on the marketplace for a day.  I had to laugh about Stephen and Rachel putting weight on - he said they had both brought home clothes they couldn't get into now!!!.  Hope the weather your way doesn't stop you getting to your club today.

Barbara, same here yesterday, the frost didn't clear from the grass at all, but today it has thawed fast as the sun seems much warmer out there.  This weather certainly doesn't help with our aches and pains and see you felt you were getting stiffer than ever.  Thanks for your remarks about the pain I get, but just one of those things with age, the colder temperatures and also the dampness affecting the arthritis, so keep moving as much as I can.  You got through your exercises yesterday and the usual things.  David did the necessary shopping and both of you watched the bowls on the t v later.  Still no response from your GP - how annoying is that after he wanted you to speak to him.  Hope you keep trying.

Jean, yes that sun is much stronger this morning, so expect you got out for a walk with Peanut and hope you enjoyed that.  See you had taken Barry to the club and that Carol was feeling that much better.

Off to make a hot drink and then on with the sorting out.  Enjoy your day Ladies..  

Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:33 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 38 Aobkms26 Pauline think we are all getting such cold weather nearly everywhere .I hate the icy days .Certainly had a good day yesterday with quite a few bargains too .I am sure Stephen will get his weight off when he gets back to his work.Laughed with you thinking a head to next Xmas .Good you got more cd s to watch.

Jean hope you got out with Peanut. Pleased to hear Carol feeling bit better Great that you got Barry to the club

Barbara hope your pain has eased off some as not nice when in pain .David did the essential shopping and you got one set of exercises done and will do more later Also did work on your computer and laptop and did some reading. Sorry you have not heard from your Doctor yet.You and David watched the TV and the indoor bowling. I quite enjoyed the indoor bowling too

Rita do hope all is fine with you

Not long in from Wed club and no win at Bingo but my friend had a win Very cold and frosty here this morning but nice blue skies. Off now for a cuppa
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:37 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

This morning we had a heavy frost again but it didn't seem to take as long to clear as it did yesterday.  We've also had lovely sunshine for the whole day but it's still somewhat cold.  At least it's stayed dry.

David did the essential shopping early this morning and I did the first set of my physio exercises after breakfast.  I shall do the second set later on today.  I've also tackled the cryptic crossword but still have more to do later on today.  I've also done some reading and have done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.  We watched some TV this morning and at lunchtime.  David is now watching the indoor bowls again and I have half an eye on the programme too.

I still haven't heard back from my GP and am doubtful that the receptionist passed on my message to him.  I'm going to send him an email but will have to think carefully how to word it as I don't want to put his back up.  Watch this space!

Jean, The sun is shining and so hopefully it will be ok to go for a walk later.

You took Barry to the club, he insisted it was not frosty.

Carol is better but still not right.  Maybe something to do with how she fell down on Boxing Day. so cannot help her there.

Peanut cannot understand why we have not been out......

Pauline, Such thick white frost this morning and there were also a very few small snowflakes apparent on the bin lids, but all cleared now with the strong sunshine, but it is still very cold out there.

Yesterday you did achieve all you wanted to do while you were out and even got the cushion insert pads you were after, from B & M, £5 for 2, as two of the cushions in the lounge had got a bit lumpy with their filling, so another job to be done.  There were some items still unavailable, one of those is the coffee whitener (Tesco's own brand) that you keep in the cupboard as a standby and now the Carnation Coffee Mate isn't available.  Found some reduced bargains, so a fairly good shop. Paid in the cheque to the bank and dropped off the items to the charity shop, but didn't leave there without parting with some money.  Got 10 DVDs for £1 (had a good search to find some you had never seen) and then bought a large bunch of artificial poinsettias and a beautiful door wreath full of red artificial berries of all sizes, both at a low price - thinking ahead of more crafting for next Christmas and always need to start on that early.

Finances to sort out today and get on with the sort out of the car boot items to see what else can go to the charity shops or be used in your raffles.  

Although you started this in the morning it is now afternoon - got a phone call from a friend and had a natter for a while.

After posting, you went off to make a hot drink and then on with the sorting out.

Dian, You posted when you were not long in from Wed club and no win at Bingo but your friend had a win.  Very cold and frosty there this morning but nice blue skies.  After posting, you went off for a cuppa.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:49 am
gosh it feels cold out there so far have not been out  have to go to the dentist later perrhaps you can feel my knees knockhing from here!!!
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:29 am
Hello Everyone - Page 38 D1lsep10    Good Morning Ladies.  I was up early and carried on with sorting out the inserts of my lounge cushions and satisfied with what has been accomplished so far and decided that I need another double pack from B & M, as I was happy with the pack I bought the other day.  Also did a few more sewing running repairs e.g one of the tree fairies dressed in red velvet with white fur trim, had a golden gauze stole stretched across thin wire and this needed repair, so now that is done and she can be put away and another Christmas decoration box closed.  Gradually getting there with the fiddly jobs and the sorting and clear out.

Have also caught up with the emails this morning and after posting this I will got out to Aldi to get a couple of things I need there, then back to B & M to get that double insert pack (and will be warmly wrapped up).

Yesterday was the type of day I had been waiting for, no wind, warm sunshine that cleared the thick frost quickly and left everything dry, so took the opportunity to make up the oil spray I have to use on the cherry trees and get both of them treated.  That should have been applied in December, but the weather hadn't given me a chance, so another job out of the way.

Jean good luck at the dentists and hope nothing needs attention, yes need to be warmly wrapped up when you go there, but at least the sun is out again this morning.  To save my knees knocking I will have the leggings and long socks on under the trousers Wink

Dian, cold and frosty for you yesterday, but with a lovely blue sky - we have the sun this morning and there was a brilliant blue sky, but now we have clouds coming over.  No win for you yesterday at the club with the bingo, but your friend had one and once you were home you were going to make a warming cup of tea.  Hope today the weather stays bright again.  Thanks for the two emails and love those Friendship ones and thought those cartoons were brilliant.  How is Duke at the moment?

Barbara, same weather for you yesterday as it was here and this morning it is much the same and the frost wasn't so thick.  Usual things for you and David yesterday and you also got some reading in and David watched the bowls on the t v and you had an eye to that also.  Still nothing from your GP and how annoying is that.  It is a bit like the problem I have - once those blood tests were done and the GP put me on two different types of tablets, he asked for me to have further blood taken 3 months later.  I did this and asked the receptionist to ask him to let me know the results.  Well that never happened and now I have to get a review about those two other tablets, before I can order them again.  Well I am going over to the surgery and will say that I too would like to know the results and whether those tablets are working, or whether it is a waste of time for me to take them.  They were supposed to be for lowering cholesterol and for mobility - well the mobility bit I know isn't working!!!

Enjoy your day Ladies and I am off to get ready to go out. 
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:40 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 38 Eyffgs58Pauline busy as ever and a pity the Doctor did not get back to you about your pills. Well done in getting the cherry trees done .Your tree fairy sounds so nice and pretty. Hope the weather stays nice for your visit to Aldis. Duke,s drops are now finished and will need to wait and see how he goes .He is eating well so hope thats a good sign .Will just need to wait and see......fingers crossed

Barbara sorry you still have not heard back from your Doctor and as you say have to word your letter carefully .David got his essential shopping and you did the first lot of exercises and will do more later. Also worked on the computer and laptop and tackled the cryptic crossword but still have to finish it.David and you watched some TV. and will watch more later with David. Good he is enjoying the indoor bowling

Jean think it is very cold everywhere just now Hope all goes well at the Dentist .

Rita hope all is good at your end

Another bright day but still very cold .I am tiding some cupboards out and must throw some items out .I  have cleaned the microwave out and the fridge and will do some more work
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:55 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We had a thick frost again this morning and it took a long time to clear.  We've had a lot of glorious sunshine, though, but it's still very cold.  Brrr!

David did the essential shopping early this morning and I did the first set of my physio exercises after breakfast.  I shall do the second set later on today.  I've also tackled the cryptic crossword but still have more to do on it, which I'll do later today.  I've done some reading and also some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.  David and I have watched some TV and now David is watching the indoor bowls.  After lunch, he went upstairs to play with his model railway.

This afternoon, I emailed my GP about the arthritis, trying to word it carefully.  I hope I succeeded!

I was reading a post this morning on nextdoor about a nasty situation that keeps on happening in Addiscombe, with either beggars, or pretend ones, harassing members of the public for money and becoming very aggressive about it.  I say "pretend ones" as some of those doing the harassing having been seen coming out of a halfway house not far from the main shops.  I wondered what I could do to help and so emailed our MP, who is also the Shadow Minister for Policing.  Apparently while all the harassing was going on, there were 2 policemen sitting in their car for 30 minutes right outside Greggs the Bakers, which was in the part of the town, and they just stayed sitting in their car until it was time for them to go and get their lunch from Greggs.  I await my MP's reply.

Jean, Gosh it feels cold out there where you are.  So far have not been out.  Have to go to the dentist later.  You wondered if we could feel your knees knocking from where we are!!!  I hope it all went well for you.

Pauline, You were up early and carried on with sorting out the inserts of your lounge cushions and satisfied with what has been accomplished so far and decided that you need another double pack from B & M, as you were happy with the pack you bought the other day.  Also did a few more sewing running repairs e.g one of the tree fairies dressed in red velvet with white fur trim, had a golden gauze stole stretched across thin wire and this needed repair, so now that is done and she can be put away and another Christmas decoration box closed.  Gradually getting there with the fiddly jobs and the sorting and clear out.

You also caught up with the emails this morning and after posting this you went out to Aldi to get a couple of things you need there, then back to B & M to get that double insert pack (and will be warmly wrapped up).

Yesterday was the type of day you had been waiting for, no wind, warm sunshine that cleared the thick frost quickly and left everything dry, so took the opportunity to make up the oil spray you have to use on the cherry trees and get both of them treated.  That should have been applied in December, but the weather hadn't given you a chance, so another job out of the way.

I do hope you can get the problem sorted out with your GP about the results of the blood tests and whether the tablets are working, or whether it is a waste of time for you to take them.  They were supposed to be for lowering cholesterol and for mobility - well the mobility bit isn't working!!!

Dian, You're having another bright day but still very cold.  You are tiding some cupboards out and must throw some items out.  You have cleaned the microwave out and the fridge and will do some more work.

I have tried to word my email to my GP carefully!  Fingers crossed!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum