Nifty Fifties Plus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Hello Everyone Empty Hello Everyone

Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:00 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

Well, we have wall-to-wall lovely sunshine here today, which is so good to see after all the horrible weather we've been having for quite a while now.  I do believe it's a bit warmer today too.  It's also good that the days are slowly getting a bit longer.

David did the essential shopping early this morning and I did the first set of my physio exercises after breakfast.  I shall do the second set later on today.  David and I then went out for a walk in the sunshine, as I had to go to Boots to get some more Vitamin D tablets.  I've also done some reading and some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.  I've yet to tackle the cryptic crossword and shall do that later today too.  David went on one of his long walks after lunch and I watched a couple of TV programmes.  David is now watching a Western on the TV.

PAULINE, Early start for you this morning and still getting on with shifting stationery out of the craft room i.e there was a paper stapling machine, plus staples, more bulldog clips and pens that you came across and they are really needed more downstairs, so have shifted the small set of filing drawers they were in and getting that all sorted.  Doing all of this actually means altering the shelf height in all of the sideboard cupboards and there are 3 of them, so taking up a bit of time, because you want to be able to get to everything easily.  Will get ready about mid morning to get out, because I want to sort things over the surgery and then off to the club.  I hope you enjoyed the time at your club.  I also hope you soon hear back from Rita and that she's all right.

JEAN, Yesterday you went out to lunch with Barry, his daughter and grandson. it made a change.

A bit later on, you were going to see Barry for coffee, as he has been banned from driveing and does not know this yet

It is a nice bright morning and have taken PEANUT out.

Well it is still fine.  Barry not too good so sad to see.  He is a lovely man.  I'm sorry to hear that about Barry and I know you'll be doing your best to cheer him up.

DIAN, Well sun is shining bright so do hope it stays.  You did get some more debris lifted and in the bin but still lots more to get rid off.  It started to rain yesterday so had to finish.

Stay safe and well, everyone!

Lots of love from me to all!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Hello Everyone Empty Re: Hello Everyone

Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:56 am
wellingborough council changed the date of the bin collection and  left the bins, so I rang up to say this and she said if not today if will be on another collection
day Friday week. good job it is not hot  feels milder today
off the club today if Barry can make it he has  yet another urine infection and may be a bit not with it.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:03 pm
Hello Everyone Ckplib56 Pauline hope you had a good day at the club yesterday .Wonder if you had a win .Hope your having a good day

Jean yes that is sad for Barry but that is nice you take him out  Hope Peanut is behaving .That was annoying about your bins

Barbara lucky you having the nice weather as it does make such a difference.  Agree with you that the days are getting longer and makes such a difference .That was nice having a walk with David in the sunshine as it does cheer us up.Also you were busy with your usual work .See David had a second walk too.

Running behind here at the moment so need to get a move on .Have a nice day ladies
Pauline
Pauline
Admin
https://nifty-fifties.forumotion.com

Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:01 pm
Hello Everyone Svhgbk10    Hello Ladies.

Yesterday enjoyed the club and our team won a couple of games of curling.  I won some Galaxy chocolate cookies and a box of mint Matchmakers, so they will do nicely for the family get-together.  After talking to the receiptionist in the surgery it now turns out that they have stopped the booking appointments ahead or on line, so it is a case of phoning in at 8 in the morning and hoping for the best, but that did work well for me last time when I got an appointment mid morning on that day and did say that I would try for an appointment next week as arthritis was getting much worse.  As far as the tablets were concerned she was putting them through for review and the doctor would sign the prescription and they would forward it through to Boots..  She did say that if there was a stop on them it would be highlighted on the computer, but all seemed well.  What I wanted to know was whether they were doing me any good, so will have to wait and ask the doctor and expect that will lead to another blood test and then I will need to book another appointent to find out the results. - what a long drawn out procedure!!

When I got home from the club I continued on with the sort out and cleared things dumped at the kitchen end, those that were still needing attention and worth saving, sorting the garden ornaments from the house and Christmas items and that meant also opening the understairs cupboard, because I knew there were some garden ornaments I had put in there.  Worked on during the evening and got all of the understairs cupboard tidied again with everything available near the front that I will need when the gardening starts again  Rolling Eyes.  So then the separated ornaments still needing attention, got taken upstairs again and now waiting in the craft room (which had been tidied with all stationery shifted from there now downstairs) and hopefully I can get back to that job next week.  All of the stationery that is now downstairs has been sorted and all kept files now in two filing boxes and everything nearly all back in the sideboard cupboards and utility acounts and things I am working on, in a file next to my computer desk. That does mean that I should be able to finish off the last bits and bobs downstairs and get all of the dusting and vacuuming of the ground floor finished today (hopefully).

Jean, hope you enjoy today at the club and that Barry is well enough for you to take him there, because when you called in for coffee yesterday, he wasn't that well..  Such a shame he is in such poor health and it must have taken a toll on him, with all of the back and forth to see Jill.  Is she still in the care home?  I see that you also enjoyed a meal out with him and his family on Sunday.  See you now have to wait for over a week for your bins to be collected as your council have changed the dates for collection.  My recycling bin was collected an hour ago, so after posting on here, I am getting that in and already got two large sacks of mostly shredded paper again, to tip into it.  Yes it is nice and bright today, but still cold out there.

Dian thank you for more emails, loved the historical photos and the cats in the snow video.  That one of the egg man - just how does he do that???  Loved the one about the atheist and just watched the one of the animals being set free - I do appreciate you forwarding them all  As you can see that bear in the gif today was one of the photos you sent to me.  I hope it did stay bright for you yesterday as see that the rain arrived on Sunday so put a stop to anymore clearing garden debris, but hope you got a lot accomplished.  Just noticed you had posted while I have been typing and see you need to get a move on as you seem to be running behind today.

Barbara, I see you appreciated the sunshine yesterday and it was the same here and again this morning, so it does give you a lift and I see that apart from the usual things, you and David got out for a walk yesterday as you had to pick up some vitamins from Boots.  Has that problem with David's phone, finally been sorted to his satisfaction?  As you can see - usual long winded procedure to go through re seeing the GP and getting a tablet review.

Hope the day goes well for all of you and it was morning when I started this, but now nearly 1 p m, but did stop to answer a couple of phone calls and did go out to collect the recycling bin, picked up the branches from the council tree all over my garden and got rid of the two sacks full of shredded paper away in the bin. 
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:53 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We're having another day of glorious sunshine and I think it's a tad warmer again, which is good news for all of us who have arthritis!  There was, however, a bit of a chilly wind when David and I went out for a walk this morning.  I have to say that although the weather seems to be getting warmer, the arthritis pains in my knees have returned but the pain in my right thigh has almost disappeared.  I keep thinking I should chase up my GP again but don't know how much good that will do, given the lack of response from him to my previous messages!

David did the essential shopping early this morning and I did the first set of my physio exercises after breakfast.  I shall do the second set later on today.  I've also tackled the cryptic crossword and have completed over half of it.  I've done some reading and have done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop, including some updates on the latter.  I've also been walking around the downstairs of our house.  David went one of his long walks after lunch and is now watching a Western on the TV.  I watched a couple of TV programmes after lunch too.

Yesterday I sent off another email to my MP regarding the aggressive beggars in Addiscombe but am still awaiting a reply from her.

JEAN,  Wellingborough council changed the date of the bin collection and  left the bins, so you rang up to say this and she said if not today if will be on another collection day Friday week.  Good job it is not hot feels milder today.  That was disappointing about the bins not being emptied.

Off to the club today if Barry can make it he has yet another urine infection and may be a bit not with it.  I'm sorry to hear that Barry is not at all well and I hope he's better soon.

DIAN, Yes it is nice having decent weather for a change.  It does seem that winter has been going on for a very long time.

Once again, many thanks for the emails.  They do brighten up the day!

You were running behind today and so need to get a move on.

PAULINE, Yesterday enjoyed the club and your team won a couple of games of curling.  You won some Galaxy chocolate cookies and a box of mint Matchmakers, so they will do nicely for the family get-together.  After talking to the receiptionist in the surgery it now turns out that they have stopped the booking appointments ahead or on line, so it is a case of phoning in at 8 in the morning and hoping for the best, but that did work well for you last time when you got an appointment mid morning on that day and did say that you would try for an appointment next week as arthritis was getting much worse.  As far as the tablets were concerned she was putting them through for review and the doctor would sign the prescription and they would forward it through to Boots..  She did say that if there was a stop on them it would be highlighted on the computer, but all seemed well.  What you wanted to know was whether they were doing you any good, so will have to wait and ask the doctor and expect that will lead to another blood test and then you will need to book another appointent to find out the results. - what a long drawn out procedure!!  That sounds suspiciously like the procedures at our surgery!

When you got home from the club you continued on with the sort out and cleared things dumped at the kitchen end, those that were still needing attention and worth saving, sorting the garden ornaments from the house and Christmas items and that meant also opening the understairs cupboard, because you knew there were some garden ornaments you had put in there.  Worked on during the evening and got all of the understairs cupboard tidied again with everything available near the front that you will need when the gardening starts again  Rolling Eyes.  So then the separated ornaments still needing attention, got taken upstairs again and now waiting in the craft room (which had been tidied with all stationery shifted from there now downstairs) and hopefully you can get back to that job next week.  All of the stationery that is now downstairs has been sorted and all kept files now in two filing boxes and everything nearly all back in the sideboard cupboards and utility acounts and things you are working on, in a file next to your computer desk. That does mean that you should be able to finish off the last bits and bobs downstairs and get all of the dusting and vacuuming of the ground floor finished today (hopefully).

After a lot of to-ing and fro-ing to different mobile phone shops, and the staff in them playing about with his old phone - without success - David eventually bought a new phone of the same type and make and it seems to be working all right now.  I hope that situation doesn't change!

You hope the day goes well for all of us and it was morning when you started this, but now nearly 1 p m, but did stop to answer a couple of phone calls and did go out to collect the recycling bin, picked up the branches from the council tree all over your garden and got rid of the two sacks full of shredded paper away in the bin.

I hope that Rita is having a good day.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:07 am
Hello Everyone Zcpit310    Hi Ladies.  Another cold start to the day, but it is a dry one again.

Well this sort out of the stationery and filing is definitely taking me longer than I expected and yesterday I found more paperwork to turn out and shred, so recycling bin is one third full again.  Making the labels to indicate what is in every file, is taking a time, but determined that nothing is being put away without info as to what is in the file or filing box. Now got all of the spare paper, envelopes and notebooks sorted that I need to keep, so on the last leg of putting all away downstairs.  I had hoped to have finished downstairs yesterday, but still more to do.  Hopefully downstairs will be finished today and will make a start on upstairs and I still have those indoor plants to repot.  Plenty to keep me busy.  This morning rembered to get the gammon joint out of the freezer, because that needs 24 hours to defrost in the fridge and then I can cook that tomorow.

Barbara, yes the warmer temperatures are very welcome for us arthritis sufferers and last evening I didn't take the Zapain, but just 2 paracetamol instead and aches and pains aren't too bad this morning, but knew when I had put myself through enough yesterday.  I reckon you need to keep chasing your GP in the hope that eventually you just might wear him down and get a reply. Yes I can now say that it is the same system at our surgery, phoning in at 8 in the morning in the hope to get an appointment that day and I do intend to do that next week to see a doctor - last time it worked well so I will keep my fingers crossed when I try.  Besides the usual things you managed to fit in some reading and t v watching and David went for one of his longer walks.  You also emailed your MP again - hope you get an answer to your problem from her. Glad to read that David seems okay with regard to the mobile phone.

Hope today goes well for you all and look forward to reading your posts when they arrive.  I did use another one of your photos this morning Dian (another lovely crystal) and hope you enjoy your club today and Jean, I hope everything went okay with regard to you getting Barry to the club yesterday.
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:56 am
sunny and windy here. been out with the dog. he got me  up at 3am to go out. my friend is coming this morning so shall see if the training worked. I do not think it did
still I have tried. he maybe will be sent back if things do not get better. it is nice having someone in the house, but my granddaughter does not come now because
of the dog.
my grandson told me a lot of lies in that he went to his brothers for Xmas. found out when the brother phoned me. he does not phone every night now.
then he told my another version of why he did not go up there for Xmas, which is more lies as he should have been going boxing day!!
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:38 pm
Hello Everyone Fgqfpy18Pauline well done with all your shredding and up to date with a lot of work .Great to be so well organized. Pleased to here your not too much in pain with your arthritis.........long may it last
Good you had some wins at the club

Jean do hope Peanut behaves today. Sorry to hear how bad Barry is quite sad.

Barbara so pleased that the better weather is helping your arthritis but you are still quite painful though some pain has improved,  David did the essential shopping this morning and you did one set of your exercises and will do more later Well done with your cryptic crossword though still have to finish it. You did some work on your phone and laptop.David went for one of his walks after lunch then watched the TV. You have still been walking around the house

Rita hope your having a good day

Well it was a wild night but not too bad today though it has dulled over and looks like more rain.I enjoyed the club but not any win on the Bingo but 2 at my table did have some wins which was good .Off now to get some work done bu
t first a nice cup of tea .......Wishing you all a nice day
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:03 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We had some sunshine this morning but then it dulled over and it's still like that now.  It's also been very windy and a tad colder.

David did the essential shopping early this morning and I did the first set of my physio exercises after breakfast.  I shall do the second set later on today.  My knees were very painful and stiff, as usual, this morning and so I rubbed in some Voltarol, which does bring some relief.  I've been walking around the downstairs of our house and that does help quite a bit.  I've yet to tackle the cryptic crossword and shall do that later today.  I've done some reading and some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.  I watched some TV at lunchtime.  David went on one of his long walks after lunch.  We were going to have a walk this morning but the bin lorry came much later than usual - it was getting on for lunchtime.  I think the driver may have got lost, lol!

PAULINE, You had another cold start to the day, but it is a dry one again.

Well this sort out of the stationery and filing is definitely taking you longer than you expected and yesterday you found more paperwork to turn out and shred, so recycling bin is one third full again.  Making the labels to indicate what is in every file, is taking a time, but determined that nothing is being put away without info as to what is in the file or filing box. Now got all of the spare paper, envelopes and notebooks sorted that you need to keep, so on the last leg of putting all away downstairs.  You had hoped to have finished downstairs yesterday, but still more to do.  Hopefully downstairs will be finished today and will make a start on upstairs and you still have those indoor plants to repot.  Plenty to keep you busy.  This morning rembered to get the gammon joint out of the freezer, because that needs 24 hours to defrost in the fridge and then you can cook that tomorow.

I know that you're right that I should keep chasing my GP and try and get an answer from him but it does feel as if I'm bashing my head against a brick wall!

I hope you continue to have some success using what our surgery receptionists call, very grandly, "the 8 o'clock system" regarding booking an appointment.  It just doesn't work for me!  I think a big part of the problem is that our area of Croydon is getting more and more built up, with monstrosities masquerading as flats shooting up all over the place and hence some residents now refer to it as "Croydon's Manhattan".  So Croydon's population has for the last few years been growing at a rate of knots, but with the amenities, including shops, and work places, gradually closing down, and with no sign of them being brought back.  Quite what our town planners are thinking of, is beyond me.

JEAN, Sunny and windy where you are today.  Been out with the dog.  He got you up at 3am to go out.  Your friend is coming this morning so shall see if the training worked.  I do not think it did.  Still you have tried.  He maybe will be sent back if things do not get better.  It is nice having someone in the house, but your granddaughter does not come now because of the dog.

How is Barry now?  Is he any better?

DIAN, Well it was a wild night but not too bad today though it has dulled over and looks like more rain.  I enjoyed the club but not any win on the Bingo but 2 at your table did have some wins which was good.  Off now to get some work done but first a nice cup of tea!

I hope that Rita is all right.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:10 am
Hello Everyone Avw2ub13   Hi Ladies.

At last all of downstairs is finished, even moved the furniture around in the dining room ready for the get-together (as it is going to be a buffet style lunch), all filing away in the cupboards and every file marked as to what is in it, plus stationery cupboard all sorted and there is a box of files and jotters that some of the family might need, so that is ready for them to go through on Sunday.  I also did get quite a bit done upstairs what with stripping and remaking my bed and almost finished my bedroom and got the items straight in the craft room that had been put in there.  Still got the spare bedroom to sort today.

This morning I cooked, glazed and sliced the gammon and that has now cooled and is wrapped in foil and in fridge ready for Sunday and also got a load of washing done (bed clothes, etc.,) in the early hours at a cheaper rate, as I was again awake several times in the night with the aches and pains, but moving around okay this morning, although still sore.  Hopefully can get an appointment next week with GP to sort this out - would keep my fingers crossed about that - that is, if I could cross them Rolling Eyes.

Jean, I do hope that the training that Peanut received actually worked yesterday when your friend called and see that your granddaughter doesn't call now because of the dog.  Problems there with your grandson and hope that gets sorted.

Dian, yes I am really pleased with having got the paperwork organised.  It had got to the stage that at my age I really did have to start thinking seriously about what Stephen ad Rachel would have to sort when I pass.  I was very thankful that my Mum eventually let me deal with her paperwork about 18 months before she died, so that made things easier for me at that time.  I see it was a wild night, the night before last and it looked like more rain yesterday your way.  See you enjoyed the club, but no win on the bingo for you this week, although two members on your table had small wins.  Hope you got through the work you planned to do when you were home, after that welcome cup of tea.

Barbara, you started off with sunshine yesterday morning, but then it dulled over.  Here we were the same and it was patchy through the day and quite honestly the colour of the sky almost looked as though we were due for some snow, but thankfully it didn't arrive.  Usual things for you yesterday and you had intended to go for a walk in the morning, but had to put that off as the bin lorry was late collecting, but you did the usual walking around downstairs and David did get in one of his longer walks in the afternoon.  I know, it must feel like banging your head against a brick wall trying to get some response from your GP.  Can well understand what you say about Croydon Council, because Northampton West and North are much the same and our town centre is so dismal and badly planned. They have now moved our market traders (that are getting less) to another side of the town where most people can't walk that far to buy from them and that is going on for the next 2 years while they sort the market square out - and we all dread to think what that will turn out like.

Must away now Ladies and make another cup of coffee and then away upstairs to continue with that.  Hope all of you enjoy your day. 
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:25 pm
saw about the market square that is not a good thing Pauline. why could they not have worked around the market as it was. they will loose money
it has turned dark and dull here today
off to see granddaughter later
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:13 pm
Hello Everyone Hwfqtq29 Pauline well done with all that work you have got done for the family reunion .Just about your spring cleaning all done too. Everything sounds lovely

Jean hope peanut behaved yesterday and did well at her commands Smile Nice to have time with your granddaughter

Rita hope your having a nice day

Barbara think we are all having weather like that just now .David did his essential shopping and you did one lot of your exercises and will do more later. Also you worked on your computer
laptop and phone. Sorry you had painful knees and did a lot of walking around the house and they did ease off. Still not done the cryptic crossword  but will tackle that later.Also watched some tv and David got a walk as you missed one in the morning as the bin lorry was late in collecting your bin.David had his walk in the afternoon

i had a nice surprise as granddaughter and her dad took me out for lunch and I did enjoy the chat .He also changed filters in my vacuum .Great to hear how the grandchildren are getting on

Now off for a nice cuppa .Wishing you all a good day
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:52 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

Well, the sun did appear here this morning, for a very short time, and ever since it's been a cloudy old day, and a tad colder than in previous days.  It did look like rain for a while this afternoon but that didn't happen, fortunately.

David did the essential shopping early this morning and I did the first set of my physio exercises after breakfast.  I shall do the second set later on today.  I've tackled the cryptic crossword but have still more to do on it, which I shall also do later on today.  I've done some reading and have watched some TV.  I've also done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.  David and I went out for a walk this morning in the sunshine, which came at just the right time.  My knees were as usual very stiff and painful but the Voltarol does help.  I've continued working around the downstairs of our house and that does help too.  After lunch, David went upstairs into our loft to play with his model railway.  He's now come back downstairs to make us a hot drink and is now watching a Western.

PAULINE, At last all of downstairs is finished, even moved the furniture around in the dining room ready for the get-together (as it is going to be a buffet style lunch), all filing away in the cupboards and every file marked as to what is in it, plus stationery cupboard all sorted and there is a box of files and jotters that some of the family might need, so that is ready for them to go through on Sunday.  You also did get quite a bit done upstairs what with stripping and remaking your bed and almost finished your bedroom and got the items straight in the craft room that had been put in there.  Still got the spare bedroom to sort today.

This morning you cooked, glazed and sliced the gammon and that has now cooled and is wrapped in foil and in fridge ready for Sunday and also got a load of washing done (bed clothes, etc.,) in the early hours at a cheaper rate, as you were again awake several times in the night with the aches and pains, but moving around okay this morning, although still sore.  Hopefully can get an appointment next week with GP to sort this out - would keep your fingers crossed about that - that is, if you could cross them Rolling Eyes.

I'm sorry to hear that the aches and pains are still keeping you awake at night.  It's not the aches and pains that keep me awake, fortunately, but it's the trips to the loo that do that! Shocked

I see that your town planners are as sensible as ours - not!  Our main shopping centre needs a major makeover but now that Westfield is just not going to happen in Croydon, it's getting more and more like a ghost town. It's such a waste.  It would have been more sensible to give the existing shopping centre a refurbishment.

My phone has just rung but with the words "No Caller Id" and so I've ignored it!

JEAN, It has turned dark and dull where you are today.  You're off to see granddaughter later.

DIAN, You had a nice surprise as granddaughter and her dad took you out for lunch and you did enjoy the chat.  He also changed filters in your vacuum.  Great to hear how the grandchildren are getting on.

I hope that Rita is having a good day.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:54 am
Hello Everyone Amhtku12   Hello Ladies.  Some of my polyanthus are out, but struggling a bit and not as colourful as that one of mine in the gif, taken last year, but hints of Spring out there and I just hope it isn't that far away.

Yesterday did some more clearing upstairs, but managed to repot five indoor plants for downstairs (those that were struggling and the most urgent), but there are still more to do and will leave them until next week, so today will continue with the clear out and tidying of upstairs.

Jean, I think a lot of us are thinking that the moving of the market stall holders and that planned work on the square, will be the end of the market.  One of the longest and well known traders died a short while ago and the number of stall holders have dwindled more and more and the entire town centre is in such a mess.  Since the old bus station closed, with its links to the Grosvenor Centre, the shops have become less in there and now Next is leaving that centre and the closure definitely damaged Sainsbury's trade, as people would pop into there before they caught a bus home.  That new bus station isn't large enough and in fact the entire town centre is a right mess, so we don't hold out much hope for the new plan.  In one part of the town near the rail station there is a new hotel planned.  Probably will end up in the hands of the Home Office to rehouse immigrants, because really there is no valid reason for anyone to wish to come to Northampton and visit.  Hope you enjoyed the visit to your granddaughter.

Dian, well I am certainly enjoying coming downstairs in the morning, knowing that everything is in order.  That was such a long job with sorting out all of the necessary files and marking them, but such a relief that is done, so now enjoying working upstairs today.  Next has got to be a clear out of the craft room, because there are many things in there that I will never now get around to doing, particularly as I don't do the table top sales now.  That was a lovely surprise for you when your granddaughter and her dad took you out to lunch and he also changed the filter in the vacuum cleaner for you.  You had a good catch up with all of the news from them.

Barbara, patchy weather for you yesterday and it looks as though it is going to be the same here today, although dry it is very cloudy with the sun struggling to come through.  You and David, after doing a lot of the necessary things, did manage to get out for a walk and although your knees still give you trouble, the Volterol is a help.  Yes, waking in the night, even for a bathroom call, is no fun, but perhaps it is a good thing for those of us with arthritis, otherwise we might be in more pain laying for a long time in one place and this morning I have used the massage pad for a while and that has helped.  You can see what I have said to Jean above, about our town centre and know how you feel about Croydon.  We know that inflation and the closure of shops hasn't helped, but your council and ours seem to act like wrecking balls!!!  No help at all Evil or Very Mad

Going to put the bird food out next and yesterday noticed the squirrel waiting on the fence for the peanuts.  After that on with the upstairs work.  Hope all of you enjoy your Friday.
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:25 am
it is so sad that there is not much to come to Northampton for. have not been for a long time. I think people are going to Rushden Lakes instead
today I have at last turned off the heating seems to be ok at the moment dull weather
Pauline I am sorry for your pain hope you get sorted soon
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:07 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We had a lovely sunny morning and early afternoon but now the sky has clouded over.  Still, it's always nice to see the sun.  It's also a bit colder today, though, and very windy.

David did the essential shopping early this morning and I did the first set of my physio exercises after breakfast.  I shall do the second set later today.  I've also tackled the cryptic crossword but have more to do on it, which I shall also do later today.  I've done some reading and watched some TV, and have done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.  I've also been walking around the downstairs of our house.  After lunch, David and I went out for a walk in the last of the sunshine, which was nice.  David has spent some time upstairs in our loft, playing with his model railway.

As we were going out for our walk, I noticed that the front door of the house opposite (the one that was broken into about a month ago) was open and it did occur to me that maybe it was being broken into again.  Happily, though, when we came back from our walk, a young man came out of that house and David asked him if he was a friend or relative of the lady that owns it, and who is still in Barbados.  The young man said that he was a relative of hers and that he was keeping an eye on her house as she's coming back home one day next week.  If it had been me, however, I'd have come straight back home.  I couldn't have stayed away under the circumstances.

PAULINE, Some of your polyanthus are out, but struggling a bit and not as colourful as that one of yours in the gif, taken last year, but hints of Spring out there and you just hope it isn't that far away.  Don't we all!

Yesterday did some more clearing upstairs, but managed to repot five indoor plants for downstairs (those that were struggling and the most urgent), but there are still more to do and will leave them until next week, so today will continue with the clear out and tidying of upstairs.

That's a good description of your council and mine - Wrecking balls, both of them!

Going to put the bird food out next and yesterday noticed the squirrel waiting on the fence for the peanuts.  After that on with the upstairs work.

JEAN, It is so sad that there is not much for people to come to Northampton for.  You have not been for a long time. You think people are going to Rushden Lakes instead.

Today you have at last turned off the heating seems to be ok at the moment dull weather.

I hope that Dian is having a good day and that Rita is all right.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:14 pm
Hello Everyone Eyffgs61Pauline see busy now upstairs with potting up your plants ect. Glad that your pain not so painful .Yes I think it is the death knell for the shops which is so sad .I like to try on any new clothes .I would be busy sending items back Smile Maybe the polyanthus will perk up soon.....hope so. Good you have potted more on .Hope all went well with the clear out of the craft room

Jean hope you have had a good day with Peanut

Barbara David got his essential shopping done and you have tackled the cryptic crossword and will do more later also You also tackled your physio exercises and will do more of them later .Good you managed a walk with David even though it was a tad chillier. Still lighter nights are creeping in fast

Hope Rita has had a nice day

Not long in from out shopping with daughter and my friend. We went to a different shopping place and enjoyed it for a change .We also enjoyed a nice snack in Greggs then a wander through Dunelm where I bought a few items .When in Greggs grandson who was at college and was in for something for his lunch came over and had a chat which was nice

Noticed it was a bit brighter today  which was a nice change .Wishing you all a nice weekend
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:07 am
Hello Everyone J65lh310  Hi Ladies.  Up far too early this morning.,  I settled down at 11.30 and was wide awake at 4.30 this morning, so have given in and been up since then.  Gone through the emails, had breakfast and after this I am going to sit for a while with the massage pad working on the back.  Have just got out anything from the freezer for defrosting in the fridge, ready for cooking tomorrow morning and next am going to get myself ready to get out early for shopping and when I get back, perhaps have a snooze for a while to get a bit more sleep.

Yesterday I vacuumed and dusted all up the stairs and upper hall, finished my bedroom after sorting out a new container to keep my cosmetics in - the ones I use regularly, so dressing table looks more organised.  While I was in the bedroom I finished off some more sewing running repair, them cleaned the bathroom and tidied the craft room.  Had done enough by then, so the spare bedroom is still full of the decoraton boxes I sorted and decided there are still too many of them, so have left that room and  next week will go through that lot again and get rid of more items. The trouble is that like all of us, there are items that hold sentimental memories, but got to be a bit ruthless before that lot go in the cupboard.

Another lot of items that need organising are hand, foot and body creams, as there are some stored in the bathroom and in two containers in the bedroom.  I think we all seem to get an overload of them over the years, because they are always in gift sets and I have already got rid of some of the expensive ones (that I won't use) as raffle prizes, along with another toiletry item - so another job for next week and as I am getting rid of quite a lot, I do have a choice of spare basket type containers I can use.  I am definitely on a mission to get all of the same type things together in one place. Smile

Jean with all that has gone on before, over the years in Northampton, I don't hold out any hope of things improving.  We still have that ugly building site where the old bus station once stood, with no definite plans for that and now they are planning to mess up the maket square before other things should be sorted.  This is supposed to be the county town and a sorry excuse from what it used to be when I first moved here.  It was a busy, bustling and enjoyable town centre to visit.  Hope you enjoyed the visit to your granddaughter. Don't know what the weather will be like today, because although it is nearly 7, it is still dark and gloomy out there, but at least dry.  Thanks for your remarks about my arthritic pain, but got to accept that we all get this at our ages and know you have pain to put up with.

Dian, I am carrying on with a vengeance here and happy that I organised all of that paperwork last week, but still a lot more clearing out to be done, so the spring cleaning continues.  I expect you have quite a lot planned for your weekend amd see you enjoyed your usual trip out with your daughter and friend for shopping and a look around.  Stopping for a bite to eat in Greggs and saw your grandson in there, getting his lunch during a break from college, so see you all enjoyed a chat with him.  

Barbara, a full day for you and David yesterday and you also got in a walk together.  You must have thought the worst when you saw the front door open of the house that had been burgled, but relieved when you found out it was a relative keeping an eye on the place and the owner will be home during next week - not a pleasant home coming for her and a lot of sorting out to do after the break and sun in Barbados.

Well Ladies, now need to get ready for the off and plan to get the bus about 8 to get that shopping done.  Hope all of you have a good start to your weekend.
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:47 pm
it is so dark here. went out early as expect5ing Andrew and family at 10.am hew has phoned and I am still waiting. might have to be put the heating back on.
did some washing today
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Sat Feb 04, 2023 3:19 pm
[c.Hello Everyone Bells_35 Well it is dull and overcast but dry so far so hoping it will be better tomorrow as the forecast looks better. Do hope so

Pauline so annoying when we get  a restless night with no sleep but good you got up and well done with more work sorted .Do hope you did manage a nice snooze .later after being out and about .Well certainly getting on with your clear out Hope your massage helped with your back pain

Jean hope you had a nice time with your visitors

Barbara hope you and David are having a nice day with no problems

Rita hope your having a nice weekend

Well changed my bedding and will wash them tomorrow as the forecast looks better .Pleased bed all made up now off for a nice cup of tea .Have a good weekend all
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Sat Feb 04, 2023 4:10 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We're having a cloudy day today but it's not as cold as it was yesterday although still very windy.

David did the essential shopping early this morning.  I did the first set of my physio exercises after breakfast and will do the second set later on today.  My knees continue to be more painful than they were before I had the steroid injection, which took away the pain in them altogether.  This latest lot of pain started up during the first cold snap we had, in December, I think.  I have to say, though, that the pain in my right thigh seems to have gone to sleep.  I hope it stays that way!  The stiffness in my knees continues and is just as bad as it was before the steroid injection.  I've ordered some knee supports to be worn under trousers, as the leggings that David went to M&S and bought for me didn't work out.

I've also tackled the cryptic crossword and have spent some time walking around the downstairs of our house, which does help with the pain and stiffness.  I've also done some reading and watched some TV, and have done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.

David spent some time upstairs in our loft, playing with his model railway before lunch and he's now watching the rugby on TV.

DIAN, Yesterday you posted when you were not long in from out shopping with daughter and your friend. You went to a different shopping place and enjoyed it for a change.  You also enjoyed a nice snack in Greggs then a wander through Dunelm where you bought a few items.  When in Greggs grandson who was at college and was in for something for his lunch came over and had a chat which was nice.

Noticed it was a bit brighter today, which was a nice change.

I agree how nice it is that the days are getting longer now.

Well it is dull and overcast but dry so far so hoping it will be better tomorrow as the forecast looks better. Do hope so.

Well changed your bedding and will wash them tomorrow as the forecast looks better.  Pleased bed all made up now off for a nice cup of tea.

PAULINE, Up far too early this morning.,  You settled down at 11.30 and were wide awake at 4.30 this morning, so have given in and been up since then.  Gone through the emails, had breakfast and after this you are going to sit for a while with the massage pad working on the back.  Have just got out anything from the freezer for defrosting in the fridge, ready for cooking tomorrow morning and next am going to get yourself ready to get out early for shopping and when you get back, perhaps have a snooze for a while to get a bit more sleep.

Yesterday you vacuumed and dusted all up the stairs and upper hall, finished your bedroom after sorting out a new container to keep your cosmetics in - the ones you use regularly, so dressing table looks more organised.  While you were in the bedroom you finished off some more sewing running repair, them cleaned the bathroom and tidied the craft room.  Had done enough by then, so the spare bedroom is still full of the decoraton boxes you sorted and decided there are still too many of them, so have left that room and  next week will go through that lot again and get rid of more items. The trouble is that like all of us, there are items that hold sentimental memories, but got to be a bit ruthless before that lot go in the cupboard.

Another lot of items that need organising are hand, foot and body creams, as there are some stored in the bathroom and in two containers in the bedroom.  We all seem to get an overload of them over the years, because they are always in gift sets and you have already got rid of some of the expensive ones (that you won't use) as raffle prizes, along with another toiletry item - so another job for next week and as you are getting rid of quite a lot, you do have a choice of spare basket type containers you can use.  You are definitely on a mission to get all of the same type things together in one place. Smile

Yes, I did think the worst when I saw the front door was open of the house that was burgled a few weeks ago and was so relieved when the young man coming out of the house said that he was a relative of the owner and was keeping an eye on the place for her!

JEAN, It is so dark where you are.  Went out early as expect5ing Andrew and family at 10.am hew has phoned and you are still waiting.  Might have to be put the heating back on.  Did some washing today.

I hope that Rita is all right.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:56 am
I shall see Barry tomorrow he was better with the pills and hope he is improving
the chip shop is closed at the moment and grandson thought we could have chicken and chips, not for another two Saturdays
aurtdays
in any event the vicar was calling to see him so he could not come. apparently the church is chagring £600 no wonder there are not many church weddings
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:52 pm
Hello Everyone Flower45Pauline hope you are having a nice day with no problems

Barbara so sorry that your knees at the moment are quite painful. David did the essential shopping this morning and after breakfast you did the first set of exercises and will do more later .Do hope the knee supports help Also got on with your usual work .Also good still walking round the downstairs David played with his trains then after lunch watched the rugby on TV .

Jean good the pills are helping Barry. Hope chip shop opens soon to enjoy your chicken and chips.That is a high price Church is charging

Rita hope your having a good day

It is not as nice as the forecast but is dry but very cold so not much drying for the washing .I am just hoping to get a strong breeze as was forecast Smile
Hope all are having a nice day
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:12 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We have lovely sunny weather but it's still very cold.

David did the essential shopping early this morning.  I haven't done my exercises yet but will do the 2 sets later today.  My knees felt really cold earlier today as well as being stiff and painful.  I've done some walking around the downstairs of our house and that has helped a bit.  I've tackled the general knowledge crossword and will have another go at it later.  I've done some reading, have watched some TV and have done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.  David went to the terrain this morning to play in the club session, for the first time in months.  He did very well, though, winning 2 games out of the 3 that were played.  He's now watching rugby on the TV.

JEAN,  You shall see Barry tomorrow he was better with the pills and hope he is improving.

The chip shop is closed at the moment and grandson thought we could have chicken and chips, not for another two Saturdays.  In any event the vicar was calling to see him so he could not come.  Apparently the church is chagring £600 no wonder there are not many church weddings.  That does seem a lot!

DIAN, It is not as nice as the forecast but is dry but very cold so not much drying for the washing.  You are just hoping to get a strong breeze as was forecast.

I hope that Pauline is having a good day and that Rita is all right.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:18 am
nice sunny frosty morning here
went  over to sons yesterday he has made a photo of his cat dressed up and hung on the wall. did not like it but could not say bhope to see Barry later
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum