Nifty Fifties Plus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Hello Everyone - Page 3 Empty Re: Hello Everyone

Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:35 am
Hello Everyone - Page 3 0sfnge29Just a quick hello as got lots to catch up on and in the mood to tackle them .Weather so far is dry but chilly .Annoying when we have to cut out the perm Pauline but it will make a difference when you have that trim. Enjoy your club today

Jean hope all goes well with your feet treatment.

Barbara I am sure you enjoyed the company of your sister also with Andrew. Do hope your knees have been less painful

Need to get a move on if I want to achieve something today Smile  wishing you all a nice day
Pauline
Pauline
Admin
https://nifty-fifties.forumotion.com

Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:29 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 3 Wjbous11    Today I got out early and managed to get all of the shopping I needed and home with plenty of time to put it all away before going to the club.  At least I know my memory is okay, as I wrote a shopping list and left that at home, but remembered to buy everything that was on the list!!  There is one thing I haven't dealt with yet and that is a very large bag of bird seed - none of the smaller ones were available, so bought the large one and not an easy job lifting that and getting it into the trolley and have actually left that to do when I have posted on here.  I will have to get the trolley onto its side and drag it out, because I think lifting it in there hasn't done my back much good today as it is really aching now.  Also I have to get the recycling bin out ready for tomorrow, as that is nearly full once again.  Yesterday I did a bit more stripping of the wallpaper, caught up with emails, did a bit of reading, also trimmed my hair and then washed and set that again.  It actually turned out quite well today (because it was getting far too long), but that does mean after cutting that much off, I will be heading for another perm, probably next month.

Another job lined up for me to tackle, was after I saw a request on Freecycle from a school teacher, who also runs a sewing club in a school and she was requesting material for the club.  Well I do have far more material still left and don't suppose I will ever have the time to deal with it all, so another good reason to continue with the clear out to let her have quite a lot, which she will be collecting when I am ready.

Jean I do hope all went well for you with regard to the appointment about the toe.  I realise that seeing to something like that is so important when you are diabetic, but shame you didn't have the time to book the hospital transport and hope the taxi wasn't too expensive.  Yes it was a very gloomy day yesterday and despite the weather and your foot problem, you managed to get Peanut out for a walk and also go to the church.  We certainly do keep on reading about the beast from the east and just hope it doesn't arrive here

Dian, I know we don't like thinking about our birthdays when they arrive, but you were still getting the good wishes from me, although a day late!!  I did that jigsaw in bits and pieces, each time I went past the table it was on and it wasn't so hard, with all of the different lettering and colours and today I took it in as a raffle prize and the lady who wanted it actually won it.  It is going to be easier for her, because I put all of the edge pieces in one bag and the main ones in another.  Good to read the weather was okay for you yesterday and you managed to get some of the garden work done and wanted to crack on with more things today.  Oh, so annoying when we have to start trimming the hair and cutting out the perm, but I did get that last perm done in November, so coming to three months since then, but I never do look forward to having to tackle that again.  At least you got halfway through sorting out a wardrobe before you started the garden work yesterday and wondering if you completed that job today.

Barbara, expect you enjoyed the weekend with Andrew and looking forward to hearing your news.

Enjoy the evening Ladies and I am off to put out the recycling bin and then tackle that bird seed.  Don't think I need an evening meal to prepare tonight, because we had a special tea ahead of St. Valentine's day at the club and still feeling a bit stuffed from that..  No win for me today, but enjoyed the time there.
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:24 am
Hello Everyone - Page 3 Pvjx0210  Good Morning Ladies.  Quick look in this morning before I get on with a long list of small jobs.  At 7.00 it was still very dark and with thick fog and now we do have daylight, but still plenty of fog around and forecast is for it to hang about here until at least mid morning, when we might get a sunny day - well I look forward to that.

Hope the weather is better where you all are and you get a pleasant day  
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:01 am
looked out of the window to find it is foggy and generally yuck. glad I am not driving today
the foot clinic was fine and I have to go back in 6 weeks, this time to Wellingbolrough, which I can ma nage
toe is sore today.
I am a bit tired today as well, will be short dog walk before the club
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:08 am
Hello Everyone - Page 3 4cnhg169Pauline  yes it is good that it is now a lot brighter in the mornings and evening  .Wise not to be lifting anything too heavy and it is surprising how heavy the birdseed can be  That is good you can give the teacher lots of items for the school who will appreciate it .I am due a perm next month .Hope you get lucky at the club today

Jean that is good you got your toe attended to. hope you get out with Peanut

Barbara do hope your knees have eased off some.and you manage out a walk with David

Popped in as still trying to catch up with a clear out. Going out this afternoon with daughter as she is away at the weekend so no jaunt out on Friday. I did get quite a lot lifted for the garden bin but still a lot to be done. Dry but dull here this morning so hope it does brighten up .
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:30 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We've been having lovely sunny days here, though a tad cold, but it's so good to see the sunshine.

We had a lovely time with my sister on Thursday and then at the weekend with Andrew.  He arrived here around 11am on Saturday and then went home on Sunday afternoon.

I haven't been doing much since then, as my knees have been playing up, big time.  I rang the surgery yesterday morning and asked for a telephone consultation with my GP, and waited all day for it, which was annoying.  However, I had a call from him this morning and he was really apologetic.  He said he'd realised this morning that he should've rung me yesterday and didn't know what had gone wrong!  Anyway, he asked me how I'd been and I told him that it hadn't been good for the last few days.  He asked if I'd be able to go to the surgery but I said that I wouldn't be able to walk that far, and told him why.  He asked if David could drive me there but I said that we no longer have a car.  He decided that he'd try and come to the house to see how I am but couldn't say yet when that would be.  I asked him to let us know in advance as David may have to go shopping, and that it takes me ages to get to the front door at the moment.  I'm glad that's all sorted out, as we've known him since he was a student and it didn't seem possible that he'd just abandon me!

I won't stay long on here today as I'm feeling very tired, but I've read all your posts and wish everyone well.  I do apologise for the short post.

Stay safe and well, everyone!

Lots of love from me to all!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:59 am
Hello Everyone - Page 3 Qujtd810    Hello Ladies.  Different start this morning and instead of the fog yesterday it was that much colder with frost again, but sun arrived earlier than yesterday when it seemed to be midday before we got the full sun.  Taking into account the aches and pains and in the back I did some more stripping of the walls in the downstairs loo, but took it carefully and there is one small patch at the bottom on one wall that needs attention, but didn't push it too much and gave the back a rest, but will do a bit more today.  I even did a bit of clearing in the garden after getting in the emptied recycling bin.  Glad that got emptied because apparently, according to the posts on Nextdoor, there were several that weren't emptied and I did notice one on my bank that was still full and there had been several stickers posted on them as to why they weren't emptied.  Now that is usually due to the fact that bagged rubbish had been put in the recycling, or incorrect items, but there were several that were okay and the council admitted they had received several complaints and that means they should be emptied today.  Those contractors seemed to do just what they want to and glad it didn't happen to mine, so I didn't have to waste time moaning about it and now they have created more work for themselves as they have to come back to this area again today.

Jean, good to read all went well at the appointment, although your toe was a bit sore yesterday.  Next time you only have to attend the clinic in Wellingborough and that is okay for you.  That teacher I mentioned who wants some of the material, actually works at Croyland Primary in Wellingborough.  See it was a short walk for Peanut yesterday and hope you enjoyed the club.

Dian, I see that you managed to get quite a bit lifted from the garden (although still more to do) and hope you enjoyed the trip out with your daughter yesterday (instead of the usual Friday outing) and have a good time at the club today and hope it's a winning visit this time.  Yes I guessed it was nearly time for another perm for you soon.

Barbara, That will make a nice change if the doctor can make a home visit for you, but you asked him to let you know when that would be as David does need to be in to open the door for him, as it takes you quite a time now to get there because of the bad arthritis and the difficulty you have walking.  Nice to read that you had such a good time when your sister visited and you both enjoyed the weekend with Andrew - good to catch up.

The first thing I am going to tackle this morning (as I got out the hot glue gun and the paint), is doing some of the repair and brightening up of a few of the Christmas items (and that means I will have finished them and boxes can be closed) and also some of the garden ornaments and then do a bit more stripping of the paper.  Hope all of you enjoy your day.
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Wed Feb 15, 2023 2:55 pm
all whiye frost again today but later it turned out sunny and Peanut had two walks
hopefully the rain well not come yet,.
lost some letters from David from our youth and hope I can find them
sorry about your knee B Barbara what an honour having the doctor call.  hope he does something for you
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:40 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We're having another of those lovely sunny days today and it does seem a bit warmer.  I just hope it's good for my knees!

David did the essential shopping early this morning and I did the first set of my physio exercises.  I hadn't done them for a few days because of the pain and stiffness and therefore my mobility having got worse but then I realised that it wouldn't do any harm to do those exercises and it may even help.  So I'm going to carry on doing them.  I shall do the second set later on today.  I've done some reading and also some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.  I haven't tackled the cryptic crossword yet but shall do that later on today.  I've also been walking around the downstairs of our house, with rests in between, and with the aid of my walking stick.  David has been even more helpful to me since it's all worsened, bless him!

With regard to my phone conversation with my GP yesterday, when he apologised for not ringing me as requested on Monday, I hope I won't have to wait too long for him to come to visit me, but I haven't heard back from him today.  He did say he didn't know when it would be but would try and arrange something soon.

Pauline, Different start this morning and instead of the fog yesterday it was that much colder with frost again, but sun arrived earlier than yesterday when it seemed to be midday before we got the full sun.  Taking into account the aches and pains and in the back you did some more stripping of the walls in the downstairs loo, but took it carefully and there is one small patch at the bottom on one wall that needs attention, but didn't push it too much and gave the back a rest, but will do a bit more today.  You even did a bit of clearing in the garden after getting in the emptied recycling bin.  Glad that got emptied because apparently, according to the posts on Nextdoor, there were several that weren't emptied and you did notice one on your bank that was still full and there had been several stickers posted on them as to why they weren't emptied.  Now that is usually due to the fact that bagged rubbish had been put in the recycling, or incorrect items, but there were several that were okay and the council admitted they had received several complaints and that means they should be emptied today.  Those contractors seemed to do just what they want to and glad it didn't happen to yours, so you didn't have to waste time moaning about it and now they have created more work for themselves as they have to come back to this area again today.  The same things happen in Croydon.  The Council tells us to go on their website if our bins don't get emptied on time but the answer always comes back "Bin not put in correct place", which in our case we know isn't true.  We have Veolia here.  Are your contractors the same as ours?  I'm sorry to hear that you're still having the same aches and pains.  They're awful, aren't they!

The first thing you were going to tackle this morning (as you got out the hot glue gun and the paint), was doing some of the repair and brightening up of a few of the Christmas items (and that means you will have finished them and boxes can be closed) and also some of the garden ornaments and then do a bit more stripping of the paper.

Jean, All whiye frost again today but later it turned out sunny and Peanut had two walks.

Hopefully the rain well not come yet.

lost some letters from David from your youth and I hope you can find them.

Thank you for your kind remarks about my knees and I agree that it will be an honour having the doctor call!  Watch this space!

I hope that Dian is having a good day and that Rita is well.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Wed Feb 15, 2023 5:09 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 3 7fw3im53Pauline busy as ever and you did get quite a lot done .

running away behind today as at the Wed club and no win today.

Jean good still getting out with Peanut

Barbara so sorry to hear that your knees really playing up so do hope doctor arrives soon

I have had a tiring day and comp has been playing up so hope to get this done before it decides to play up again
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Thu Feb 16, 2023 7:51 am
Hello Everyone - Page 3 Tsvwes10    Hello Ladies.   We had some very slight rain late yesterday afternoon and now it is here again this morning and I have got to go out in it, as I have the dental check up this morning, but no shopping needed, so I will come straight home after that.  

Yesterday I did get to finish the bottom part of that wall where it needed stripping, which meant getting down on my knees for that, but didn't have to stay on them too long thankfully, so at least one wall has been completely stripped and washed down and the wall above the sink is nearly done - that one is the outside wall which is half tiled from above the sink down to the floor with the small window in that one, so not too much to finish there and slowly getting  it done. Got the painting done also on some of the decorative items and that made a change and will continue with those jobs when I get home today. Finished the book I was reading, so that can go back to the club and after this I am going to give myself 20 minutes on the massage pad, which does help.

Jean, I hope it doesn't take too long to find those letters from David, that he wrote to you when you were both young - they will bring back some memories for you.  See you managed to get in two walks with Peanut yesterday, but that rain has now arrived and expect it is the same your way.

Barbara, with the sunny weather I do hope you got some relief fron the knee pain - can't say it has done too much for me lately, as I haven't seemed to get much relief from the arthritic aches and pains.  Wise of you to get back to the exercises again, although it might be painful doing them, not to continue with them canot be a help. You have also kept up the walking around indoors even though it is painful for you and David has been even more helpful during this painful time for you.  I just hope you don't have to wait too long for the visit from your GP.  Yes same here Barbara, it is Veolia who have the contract from our council for rubbish and recycling bin collection.  I can say that if fly tipping or non collection of bins is reported to them, they do make sure it is sorted quickly.

Dian, you were running a bit behind yesterday after the Wednesday club and wanted to get a move on, but you did have a tiring day.  Shame no win for you yesterday from the club bingo   That was a surprise yesterday about Nicola Sturgeon resigning as First Minister - frankly I think it is more to do with the fact that she just hasn't managed to achieve what she wanted to and don't think she would ever get that second referendum for independece for Scotland.  I don't know how you feel, but I think that it wouldn't benefit any of us to make our small nations any smaller.  I know during the last time you were really fed up with the pressure put on you all by the SNP, with the campaigning on your doorsteps and being stopped by their supporters each time you went out. Interesting to see who will take over.

Hope all of you have a good day and I had better get a move on to get ready to go out for the appointment.
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:40 am
grey and yuck here. P_eanut got me up at 12am to eat his dinner...  been for short dog walk toot playing up
I saw Nichola Sturegon as afraid of the Salmon person. could see that on tv.
Barbara hope that doctor has been
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Thu Feb 16, 2023 4:37 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We had early sunshine this morning but it's been cloudy for most of the day.  There's been no rain, however, and maybe the weather is starting to get a bit warmer.

David did the essential shopping early this morning.  I haven't yet done all of my physio exercises but will complete them all later on today.  I've done some reading and some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop and have tackled the cryptic crossword but didn't do very well with it.  I've also done some walking up and down in the downstairs of our house.  I'm still very slow in walking, even compared to how I walked before the cold snaps arrived.

My GP came here this afternoon to see how I am.  He asked me to walk up and down to see how I did, which was very slowly.  He wasn't really able to do anything to help me but at least he's showed some concern.  He took my blood pressure and asked where exactly the pains are in my knees.  He mentioned I might be able to get an attendance allowance to maybe help with things like taxi fares to help me get around.  At least he's done more for me than his practice partner, who did next to nothing in that regard.

Dian, You were running away behind yesterday as at the Wed club and no win sadly.

You had a tiring day and comp was playing up so hoped to get this done before it decided to play up again.

Pauline, You had some very slight rain late yesterday afternoon and it was here again this morning and you had to go out in it, as you had the dental check up this morning, but no shopping needed, so you came straight home after that.

Yesterday you did get to finish the bottom part of that wall where it needed stripping, which meant getting down on your knees for that, but didn't have to stay on them too long thankfully, so at least one wall has been completely stripped and washed down and the wall above the sink is nearly done - that one is the outside wall which is half tiled from above the sink down to the floor with the small window in that one, so not too much to finish there and slowly getting  it done. Got the painting done also on some of the decorative items and that made a change and you continued with those jobs when you got home today.  Finished the book you were reading, so that can go back to the club and after posting you are going to give yourself 20 minutes on the massage pad, which does help.

No, I haven't had much relief from the arthritic pains either but the physio exercises do help.

Jean, Grey and yuck where you are.  Peanut got you up at 12am to eat his dinner... been for short dog walk toot playing up.

I must admit I hadn't noticed Nicola Sturgeon being afraid of Alex Salmon but he does look a bit scary!

I hope that Rita is having a good day.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Thu Feb 16, 2023 5:42 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 3 Dwisnx15 Pauline well done with the scraping of the bathroom wall .Do hope all went well at the Dentist.........Hope the time on the massage pad helped .

Barbara that was good the Doctor did pay you a visit even though not much he could do for you .Also you got on with your usual work on computer and laptop ect.

Jean do hope you have had a good day

I went to a local club in my scheme which I did not know about.Just tea and sandwiches but did enjoy it as got to speak to people that I have not seen for a long time so was nice to catch
 up on Met another neighbour and had a good catch up with her then got a phone call from neighbour who lost her husband just a few months ago.

Now off for something to eat.
Re Sturgeon afraid I was not a fan of hers mainly because of her wanting the break up of the union so I was so pleased she has gone or will be also to do with her gender rules especially after the man that raped 2 women then claimed he was a woman but still had his manhood intact and was put into a womans jail caused an uproar till he was put back into a male jail.
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:02 am
Hello Everyone - Page 3 Oyjkox10  Hello Ladies.  My sleeping patterns are all over the place.  Think it was about 10 last evening when I fell asleep and of course, awake at 4 this morning and feeling wide awake, so have got on with the emails and the surveys and now it is  5.45 and after catching up with you Ladies, I will get on with some tidying, cleaning and painting of a lot of the garden ornaments.  Don't know what the weather is going to be like today, but it is dry out there at the moment.

Yesterday mainly used the hot glue gun and got a lot of things repaired, so now to cheer them up with the acrylic paint and then complete them with clear varnish. I phoned Greg yesteday and he is so busy that I have got to wait until 15th March for him to measure up for the new toilet cistern and give me a quote, so no rush for me there with the downstairs loo, but don't mind waiting for that. Dental appointment went okay and as I didn't need any shopping I stayed on the bus to go along to Aimie, as when they were here she left a spare pair of Kylian's trousers and got them back to her and spent a little time with them.  They were having an easy day (and Sean had a day off) as Hunter had a sleepover there with some of his friends, so all recovering from a busy previous evening.

Jean, yes it was grey and damp yesterday after the rain, but I did manage to get to the dentists with only a few spots of rain and yes, it was yucky out there for your walk with Peanut and see your toe was playing up a bit.  Thinking about Nicola Sturgeon, she didn't achieve anything positive for Scotland.

Barbara, good to read that your GP called yesterday in the afternoon and he did suggest trying to get Attendance Allowance.  Be prepaed to fill in a 30 odd page form and when you do, fill it in as if it was your worst day and make sure they understand that you have been diagnosed with the bad arthritis and the number of appointments that you have to attend and that your doctor has visited you at home.

Dian, yes all went well for me yesterday and that was good to read that you found out about another club and went there yesterday and enjoyed it all with the tea and sandwiches and meeting several old friends.  Also you got a catch up phone call from your old neighbour, who lost her husband last month - always good to catch up with people and see how they are doing.  I know you aren't a fan of Nicola Sturgeon and definitely that plan of hers with regard to the easing of the gender legislation, was a disaster.  I hope you get through that bad windy weather that is forecast for your area, without any damage being done.

Well Ladies I am off to get out of my pyjamas and into the old work clothes that can take the odd paint splashes and hope you can all have a good day.  

Last edited by Pauline on Sat Feb 18, 2023 9:47 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : one spelling mistake)
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Fri Feb 17, 2023 9:15 am
I hope you get that allowance Barbara and great the doc. came to see you.
my friend has to wait for five weeks and she has cancer....
dull and horrible here yet again. I have a headache
as for that Scottish woman best she has gone.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Fri Feb 17, 2023 10:57 am
Hello Everyone - Page 3 81323122Pauline that sure was an early rise and good you felt wide awake and getting on with more chores .Good news from the Dentist See Gregg is busy up to March but that is a good sign. Aimee would be pleased you popped into see them

Jean hope you have a good day with Peanut

Barbara that was so good that your Doctor popped in to see you and do hope you get that benefit which will be a big help for you.hope you and David are having a nice day

Popping in this morning as granddaughter and her dad are taking me out for lunch shortly so will be too tired when I get in to post and never know when this comp plays up Crying or Very sad

So far it is a dry bright morning but not too sure if we are going to get some bad weather Hoping it is for further up the country

Wishing you all a good day with no problems
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Fri Feb 17, 2023 4:24 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

The sun came out this morning but then the sky clouded over and it's been like that  for the rest of today.

David did the essential shopping early this morning and I did the first set of my physio exercises after breakfast.  I shall do the second set later today.  I've also done some reading and some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.  I've also done an update on my laptop and have tackled the cryptic crossword and will try to complete it later on today.  David went out for a walk this afternoon.

DIAN, Yesterday you went to a local club in your scheme which you did not know about.  Just tea and sandwiches but did enjoy it as got to speak to people that you had not seen for a long time so was nice to catch
up on.  Met another neighbour and had a good catch up with her then got a phone call from neighbour who lost her husband just a few months ago.

After posting, you went off for something to eat.

Popping in this morning as granddaughter and her dad are taking you out for lunch shortly so will be too tired when you get in to post and never know when this comp plays up.

You had a dry bright morning but not too sure if you are going to get some bad weather.  Hoping it is for further up the country.

PAULINE, Your sleeping patterns are all over the place.  Think it was about 10 last evening when you fell asleep and of course, awake at 4 this morning and feeling wide awake, so have got on with the emails and the surveys and now it is 5.45 and after catching up with you Ladies, you will get on with some tidying, cleaning and painting of a lot of the garden ornaments.  Don't know what the weather is going to be like today, but it was dry out there at the moment while you posted.

Yesterday mainly used the hot glue gun and got a lot of things repaired, so now to cheer them up with the acrylic paint and then complete them with clear varnish. You phoned Greg yesteday and he is so busy that you have got to wait until 15th March for him to measure up for the new toilet cistern and give you a quote, so no rush for you there with the downstairs loo, but don't mind waiting for that. Dental appointment went okay and as you didn't need any shopping you stayed on the bus to go along to Aimie, as when they were here she left a spare pair of Kylian's trousers and got them back to her and spent a little time with them.  They were having an easy day (and Sean had a day off) as Hunter had a sleepover there with some of his friends, so all recovering from a busy previous evening.

Thanks for your advice on how to fill in that 30 odd page form for the attendance allowance!

JEAN, Your friend has to wait for five weeks for treatment and she has cancer....

Dull and horrible there yet again. I'm sorry to hear that you have a headache and I hope it eases off very soon.

I hope that Rita is all right.

Lots of love from me to all

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Sat Feb 18, 2023 10:10 am
Hello Everyone - Page 3 O7bnms10    Hello Ladies.

Another gloomy start to the day and it wasn't that wonderful yesterday either, but I did get more work done in the downstairs loo - very tedious that, getting off that painted fresco paper, but getting there.  Had a sit down with the massage pad for a while and started reading a new book and then started with the painting of a lot of the garden ornaments and cheering them up  Finished several of them and now they are waiting for a coat of varnish.  Another lot are waiting for some pollyfilla attention e.g there is a nice glass sun plaque with discs around it and 3 of them have left their holders, so a bit of polyfilla will deal with them and there is that treatment needed on a few more items.  Won't get on with a lot today, because Rachel is taking me out for a surprise somewhere - I know where it is, but don't know what is on and have resisted the urge to look it up and looking forward to the surprise and a break from the work.

Jean, Hope you got through yesterday okay, because I know it was the anniversary of David's funeral, so would have been a difficult day for you, but hope you were able to get out and keep busy.  Agree with you about Nicola Sturgeon.

Dian, I expect you enjoyed the lunch out with your granddaughter and her dad and yesterday so far it had been a bright morning.  Hope you didn't get that bad windy weather later.  Had a laugh with the two emails and thanks for them - keep them coming when you can and hope your computer is behaving. This morning mine was so slow and to my knowledge any updates had been the day before yesterday, but who knows what Windows gets on with, while the pc is shut down, but whatever it was, I had to turn the entire thing off and start all over again - seems okay now, but had to log into everything again this morning.

Barbara, usual things for you and David yesterday and see you were back to your exercises.  Hope the laptop update went well for you.

Must away now Ladies and get a few more things done before Rachel arrives and hope you all enjoy your Saturday.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Sat Feb 18, 2023 12:53 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 3 F1wevx39 dull and overcast but dry so far
Pauline nice to have a surprise to look forward to .Well done with all the painting of your garden ornaments .Enjoy your trip out

Jean thinking about you today........hope all goes well for you

Barbara David did his essential shopping and you got one lot of exercises done and will do more later.  Also worked on your phone and laptop .also did some reading and computer work on your mobile phone and laptop. Good David got out for a walk in the afternoon

Rita hope your having a nice time with your daughter and family

I had a really nice afternoon out yesterday .After we had a nice lunch we then visited a nice garden centre where we had a nice cup of tea and a snack then a walk round the plants.
Could not resist buying some forget me nots and daisy like flowers so will need to get them potted up.I told them not to let me buy plants but I managed to buy them before they caught up with me Smile  Off now for something to eat.......
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Sat Feb 18, 2023 1:34 pm
nota lotgoing ontoday havea newlaptop, well new to me brain done in at the moment
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:56 pm
[font=Arial]Good Afternoon everyone!

We had a nice sunny morning but just before lunch,  the drizzle started and it went on for a long time.  It's not long stopped.

David did the essential shopping early this morning and I did the first set of my physio exercises.  I shall do the second set later on today.  I've tackled the cryptic crossword and have completed all but one of the clues.  I've also done some reading and have done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.  David was looking forward to a walk out this afternoon but was prevented from doing so by the drizzle.  He's now watching horse racing on the TV.

PAULINE, Another gloomy start to the day and it wasn't that wonderful yesterday either, but YOU did get more work done in the downstairs loo - very tedious that, getting off that painted fresco paper, but getting there.  Had a sit down with the massage pad for a while and started reading a new book and then started with the painting of a lot of the garden ornaments and cheering them up  Finished several of them and now they are waiting for a coat of varnish.  Another lot are waiting for some pollyfilla attention e.g there is a nice glass sun plaque with discs around it and 3 of them have left their holders, so a bit of polyfilla will deal with them and there is that treatment needed on a few more items.  Won't get on with a lot today, because Rachel is taking you out for a surprise somewhere - you know where it is, but don't know what is on and have resisted the urge to look it up and looking forward to the surprise and a break from the work.

The update on my laptop seemed to go well but when I next logged in, and again today, Safari had disappeared and I had to search for it for the first time since buying the laptop!

DIAN, You had a really nice afternoon out yesterday.  After you had a nice lunch you then visited a nice garden centre where you had a nice cup of tea and a snack then a walk round the plants.  Could not resist buying some forget me nots and daisy like flowers so will need to get them potted up.  You told them not to let you buy plants but you managed to buy them before they caught up with you.  After posting, you went off for something to eat.......

JEAN, I understand this is a sad time for you and so I hope things get better very soon.

Not a lot going on today.  You have a new laptop, well new to you.  Brain done in at the moment.

I hope that Rita is having a good day.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[
/font]
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:20 am
I am tired Peanut got me up at l1m and then went outside and barked,....should be off for dinner in the hall today
sun is shining so hope dog walk goes well
computer came and will work on it when brain has cleared......
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Sun Feb 19, 2023 10:05 am
Hello Everyone - Page 3 Nbwynd10    Hello Ladies.  Well cannot say it is quite Spring yet, but getting there, with plants pushing through and some blooming and this morning it was quite good daylight by 6.30 and the sun is out, although still a lot of cloud around.

Yesterday the surprise was a visit to the Royal Theatre, which is all part of the Derngate complex and we saw "Unexpected Twist".  Rachel thought it had a lot to do with Oliver Twist, well in a way it did, based on the Charles Dickens' story, but with a cast of ten taking different parts and all songs and music done without musical instruments, but sounds made by cast.  It showed that the streets really hadn't altered much and some of today's children are as much in danger as they were in Dickens' times.  Well acted and well performed, but not that appealing to either Rachel or myself.  A long time ago I decided that Waterloo Road on t v wasn't for me, so best way to describe the performance at the Royal, is Waterloo Road/Oliver Twist to classical rap music  Rolling Eyes  

Dian, we did enjoy the trip out, although not what Rachel quite expected, but it was good to see different viewpoints.  Nice to read that you enjoyed the lunch out and then a cuppa at a garden centre and as soon as I read it was in a garden centre, I guessed you would end up with more plants.  Well those forget-me-nots you will never lose.  Mine come up year after year and they were from a seed pack many years ago (which was at least 2 year old) and have flourished so well since then.  That reminds me that a club member has asked me for some plants, so will dig up some of those tomorrow morning before I go to the club.  I just knew you couldn't resist and had bought them before the family had caught up with you  Laughing

Jean, I suppose it will take a time to get used to the new laptop, so wishing you luck with that. I expect you have already been out with Peanut for a walk as it is good weather and see he had you up in the early hours.  Enjoy the lunch out at the Hall today.

Barbara, it was drizzle on and off here yesterday, but thankfully all dried up this morning and hope it is better your way today.  You and David did the usual things, you with your exercises, reading, computer work, etc., but after doing the necessary shopping David had wanted to go on one of his longer walks but rain stopped that, so he was watching t v instead.  Hope you have got Safari back on the laptop, which had disappeared.

Going to make a cup of coffee and then get on with more work on the garden ornaments and have some gold metal paint spraying to do.  Have a nice Sunday all of you.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:51 am
Hello Everyone - Page 3 1fayhn12Pauline good you enjoyed your day out with Rachel though   not really your cup of tea but you did still enjoy it  .See you are still painting up your garden ornaments. Think I should be doing that too as quite a lot of mine looking like they need sprucing up

Jean do hope you enjoy your outing today .I am sure you will sort out your new computer

Barbara see you were busy with your usual exercises and computer work also your crosswords too and some reading David did his essential shopping in the morning.. He was going to go out for a walk in the afternoon but the rain arrived so no walk but he watched the TV instead .

Rita enjoy your weekend

Dry so far this morning but know the rain is not far away and to be wet all week ....grrrrrrr Have a good day all
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum