Nifty Fifties Plus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Pauline
Pauline
Admin
https://nifty-fifties.forumotion.com

Hello Everyone - Page 2 Empty Re: Hello Everyone

Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:19 am
Hello Everyone - Page 2 Reh3xi11  Hello Ladies.  You know I am sure that I posted early yesterday morning, but it certainly didn't arrive, so catching up again.

We all enjoyed yesterday and Hunter and Kylian, were quite happy using all of the little notebooks, drawing books and spare paper, along with the felt tips, crayons and colouring pencils that I had put all together downstairs, so not so many toys to clear up at the end of the visit  Smile.  Sent the family and friends off with some of the spare food (although there wasn't that much) and put away in the fridge what I was going to use during the week and then called it a day and went upstairs to catch up with a lot of the recorded t v programes from the week and those that were on last evening.  This morning I have caught up with the last of the washing up (not that much, because Rachel and Mary did a lot of it for me), polished the glasses and put everything away.  Off to the club later and the last couple of days I have used the massage pad for about 20 minutes each morning and that has made me feel better.

Jean, my heating got turned up again last evening, but during yesterday with everyone here, we had the door open some of the time, but woke up to frost this morning although lovely and sunny.  Expect you enjoyed the visit from Andrew and family on Saturday, but no chicken and chips for any of you (as Andrew had planned) because the shop is closed at the moment.  Vicar was supposed to be calling in to talk about the church wedding and that is quite a cost for a church wedding these days.  You were over at Paul's yesterday and seeing Barry today, so hope he is a bit better than he has been and you both enjoy the time together.

Dian, dull and overcast for you on Saturday - it wasn't too bad here when I got out for the shopping and it was sunny while I was out.  Got to admit I really should find the time each day to use that massage pad, because it does help.  I see you stripped the bed on Saturday, but leaving the laundry until Sunday, hoping for better weather.  You never did get the weather you were hoping for yesterday and there wasn't much drying weather about, so you were hoping for a strong breeze to help and hope you did get most of the laundry dry outside.  Loved the email about not messing with the seniors.

Barbara, it was dull your way too on Saturday, so I seemed to be the lucky one with the sunshine.  At least the thigh pain seems to have disappeared for a while, but your knees are now going through it badly again - that is the trouble with arthritis, it doesn't disappear, but seems to travel to another place to nag away. I have some of those knee supports and found them to be a help.  Back to sunshine yesterday and it was quite mild here yesterday and back to frost this morning, but sun with it.  You got on with walking around the house to get the knees working and got on with your usual things and David went to the terrain for the first time in months and did very well, winning two games out of three.  You must miss being able to play petanque, like you used to do.

Well I had better get a move on and get ready for the club and will sort out a couple of raffle prizes for that before I go.  Hope all of you have a good start to the week.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Mon Feb 06, 2023 2:27 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 2 7fw3im52Pauline that was a nice day you had with the family .and I am sure they all had a lovely time especially the children with the pens and books ect. Good you had time for yourself later .....hope you have some wins at your club today

Jean hope you and Barry have a good day

Barbara sorry your knees are quite painful so hope you can manage your exercises later .that was good David now back at his club

Grrrrrr this is my third post as the first 2 disappeared so have gave up grrrr.
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:38 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We're having a lovely sunny day here today although it's still very cold, and is the start of another cold snap, according to the weather man.  I'll be glad when we get to springtime and hopefully the weather will stay warmer, at least for a while.

David did the essential shopping early this morning and I did the first set of my physio exercises.  We watched some TV this morning and then I did a self referral to Talking Therapies as I feel I need some kind of boost while I wait for my hospital appointment.  I'm now waiting for a phone call back from Talking Therapies but haven't been given any idea of when that will be.  I've spent a fair time walking around the downstairs of our house and it does help a bit.  I've also rubbed some Ibuprofen Gel into my knees.  I've found Voltarol to be quite a bit better but have run out of it.  I've yet to tackle the cryptic crossword but I've done some reading and have done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.  David has been upstairs playing with his model railway and is now downstairs watching a Western.

JEAN, nice sunny frosty morning where you are.  I'm glad we have the same weather!

You went  over to sons yesterday he has made a photo of his cat dressed up and hung on the wall.  Did not like it but could not say.  Hope to see Barry later.

PAULINE, You all enjoyed yesterday and Hunter and Kylian, were quite happy using all of the little notebooks, drawing books and spare paper, along with the felt tips, crayons and colouring pencils that you had put all together downstairs, so not so many toys to clear up at the end of the visit.  Sent the family and friends off with some of the spare food (although there wasn't that much) and put away in the fridge what you were going to use during the week and then called it a day and went upstairs to catch up with a lot of the recorded t v programes from the week and those that were on last evening.  This morning you have caught up with the last of the washing up (not that much, because Rachel and Mary did a lot of it for you), polished the glasses and put everything away.  Off to the club later and the last couple of days you have used the massage pad for about 20 minutes each morning and that has made you feel better.

I'm glad you've found the knee supports helpful.  I'll be happy when mine are delivered!

I certainly do miss playing Petanque and am hoping to get back to playing it some time soon.

DIAN, I'm sorry to hear that you had trouble posting today, the first two having disappeared, and so you had to give up.  I think it happens to us all at some point, sadly.

I hope that Rita is having a good day.

Stay safe and well, everyone!

Lots of love from me to all!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:06 am
nice bright and sunny morning but cold. so far the bins are frosted up so cannot put the rubbish out there.
shall ring Barry to see if he is going to the club.
my friend is taking Peanut out today to see if she can get him to calm down. I told her on her head be it.
now I find I have lost all my bookmarks. do not understand this. had a phone call last night followed by another so wanted to look up the phone no.l
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:28 am
Hello Everyone - Page 2 Jmqgnl10    Hi Ladies, well all thoughts of Spring have gone this morning and we are back to very cold weather with a frosty start and earlier the sun was out, but it is a bit patchy with cloud around.

Naughty of me, but yesterday I just didn't feel like going to the club and hanging around for the buses in the cold weather that we had yesterday, so made my excuses and cleared around (dusted and vacuumed) downstairs to get it tidy again after Sunday and then got the first box of items down that need attention, with the hot glue gun.  I didn't start them, but they will get sorted today.  When they were all here on Sunday, Sean wasn't feeling too good and actually slept most of the time and I am wondering if I picked something up from him, because I don't feel that active and a bit under the weather and this morning, although I was up early and did intend to phone through to the surgery to get that appointment, I have put that off and I will be staying in until this current extreme cold weather goes away, so yesterday afternoon  I stretched out all nice and cosy and watched another DVD. It had been won months ago in the club raffle and I thought it was basically a war film, but it was the true story of an American conscientious objector (Morman faith) who won the right to go into battle as a medic without bearing arms and single-handedly saved so many wounded soldiers from the Japanese at a place call Hacksaw Ridge,  Wonderful story and a good film to watch.

Dian, as you can see from above, I gave up on the idea of going to the club as it was so cold out there and I wasn't that feeling too good, so no chance of winning anything yesterday.  What a nuisance when you lose a post and you had to make 3 attempts to get anything on here, but glad you did.  Had a laugh with the senior parachute club email.

Barbara, yes according to the weather forecast, yesterday was the start of another cold snap and I have decided to stay indoors until it warms up again.  I see you did a self referral to Talking Therapies (I haven't heard of that before) and you are waiting to hear back from them.

Jean, Thankfully I haven't got a full bin, so that doesn't have to go out, but see you have the problem of your bins being frosted up and a problem getting them out for collection today.  Hope Barry is okay for the club today and your friend has some luck with walking Peanut.  Good luck with sorting out the techology that has disappeared.

Enjoy your day Ladies. 
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:10 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 2 Fvlifi45Pauline that was wise cancelling the club and hope you are feeling a bit better. it is a good way Io relax watching a good film .Still you did get some more work finished and organized again .Yes the weather has turned very cold here again but so far has stayed dry but too cold for me to work outside which I was hoping to do .

Jean hope Barry did go with you.to your club. Hope Peanut behaved out with your friend. Annoying when the lids on the bins are frozen shut so hope they thawed out later for you

Barbara David did his essential shopping and you got one set of exercises done and will do more later Good you are still walking around downstairs to help your knees. Hope talking therapies phoned you back and helped you..You got most of your usual work done.David played with his trains and watched some TV.you also got some reading done too .Hope you manage to get your voltarol which is better for your knees

Rita hope you are having a nice day

I thought it was going to be a better day but no such luck.It is really quite chilly so no chance of working outside Sad  Now off for a nice cup of tea
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:36 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We had a frosty morning but that's now gone and we're having lovely sunshine once again today but it's still very very cold and not nice at all.  The arthritis in my knees has been really quite bad today, due no doubt to the current cold snap.  I've managed to get some more out of the tube of Voltarol and that has eased the pain in my knees.  David is going to buy me some more Voltarol tomorrow.

David did the essential shopping early this morning and I did the first set of my physio exercises after breakfast.  I shall do the second set later on today.  David went to Boots to collect a prescription for me but between them, the surgery and Boots had mucked it up and I had to ring them to sort it out.  I hope it all does get sorted!  I waited till early afternoon for the phone call from Talking Therapies (talkingthereapies.nhs.uk) and then rang them.  The person I spoke to said that my referral hadn't been processed yet and then very kindly processed it while I was on the phone.  He then offered me a telephone appointment for tomorrow morning, which I was glad to accept.

I've done some reading and have done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.  I haven't yet tackled the cryptic crossword but will have a go at it later today.  I've also watched some TV.  David has been upstairs in our loft playing with his model railway and is now downstairs watching a programme on the TV. I've also done some walking around the downstairs of our house, but with great difficulty due to th pain.

JEAN, You had a nice bright and sunny morning but cold.  So far the bins are frosted up so cannot put the rubbish out there.

You shall ring Barry to see if he is going to the club.

Your friend is taking Peanut out today to see if she can get him to calm down. You told her on her head be it.

Now you find you have lost all your bookmarks.  Do not understand this.  Had a phone call last night followed by another so wanted to look up the phone no.l

PAULINE, Well all thoughts of Spring went this morning and we are back to very cold weather with a frosty start and earlier the sun was out, but it is a bit patchy with cloud around.

Yesterday you just didn't feel like going to the club and hanging around for the buses in the cold weather that we had yesterday, so made your excuses and cleared around (dusted and vacuumed) downstairs to get it tidy again after Sunday and then got the first box of items down that need attention, with the hot glue gun.  You didn't start them, but they will get sorted today.  When they were all here on Sunday, Sean wasn't feeling too good and actually slept most of the time and you are wondering if you picked something up from him, because you don't feel that active and a bit under the weather and this morning, although you were up early and did intend to phone through to the surgery to get that appointment, you have put that off and you will be staying in until this current extreme cold weather goes away, so yesterday afternoon you stretched out all nice and cosy and watched another DVD. It had been won months ago in the club raffle and you thought it was basically a war film, but it was the true story of an American conscientious objector (Morman faith) who won the right to go into battle as a medic without bearing arms and single-handedly saved so many wounded soldiers from the Japanese at a place call Hacksaw Ridge,  Wonderful story and a good film to watch.

I think you're very wise to stay indoors while this latest cold snap lasts!

DIAN, Yes, I did contact Talking Therapies this afternoon and have a triage telephone appointment with them tomorrow morning.

You thought it was going to be a better day but no such luck.  It is really quite chilly so no chance of working outside.  After posting, you went off for a nice cup of tea!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:51 am
another nice frosty day  going out a bit later as dangerous under foot.
Pauline I hope you feel a bit better this morning
Barbara I did try and phone you but the no. would not connect and writing of phones had a call at 8.15am to say it was from the bank
saying that my bank card had been used,. strange that as it was in my purse.
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Wed Feb 08, 2023 1:28 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 2 Wdo7t010    Good Afternoon Ladies.  Well another day for me yesterday with plenty of me time.  I tackled a few of the repair jobs and then settled down on the settee again and watched a couple more DVDs.  Had a couple of sessons with the massage pad and went to bed without taking any pain killers and not so bad this morning with another session with the pad.  The sneezing has stopped this morning and yesterday I wised up that it is now February and those tree catkins are out on the Alder trees and on Sunday we had the door open for quite a while, so seems as it was my usual attack of seasonal tree pollen and have taken the antihistermine again (took one yesterday).  Hopefully that was it with me, but this morning after talking to Rachel, Stephen has now developed the same symptoms as Sean with neck and shoulders aching too (and they took Sean and family home), so fingers crossed that he gets better soon.

Last evening I should have gone to the Residents meeting, but didn't bother. Anyway today I will do a few more of the repair jobs and not bother to do too much.  Yesterday I printed off the bank statements and checked all was in order with them, checked the John Lewis broadband/landline bill and am still in credit with them because of that breakdown, printed off two vouchers that I had earned with Tesco Clubcard ready for the next lot of shopping and just recently claimed £35 from one survey firm to go into PayPal and this morning claimed another £10 of Amazon vouchers, so each time I do some of the boring surveys, I have to remind myself that it is worth it.

Jean, yes thanks I am feeling much better.  Hope you managed to get Barry to the club yesterday and you both enjoyed it.  As you say another very frosty start to the day, but sun is getting rid of a lot of it again.  Those scam calls are such a nuisance and glad you didn't fall for that one and it was an early call too.  How was Peanut when your friend took him out for a walk?

Dian, very cold weather your way again and it was definitely the right thing for me to do to stay indoors in the warm.  You had planned to do some work outdoors, but didn't go through with that because of the cold temperature.  Again yesterday too cold for you to get outside and get on with what you wanted to do and you were going off to make a nice cup of tea after posting - much better idea than outdoor work in the cold.

Barbara, Much colder temperatures again your way and your knees were giving you a lot of pain, but you managed to get some more out of the Volterol tube and Davd is going to buy more of that for you today, but see he had his time wasted yestrday, because when he went to collect the prescription for you, between the surgery and Boots it had been messed up again, so more phone calls for you to make, along with chasing Talking Therapies that had promised to phone you back. The person you spoke to sorted your application while you were on line with him and promised you a phone call today, so hope that does happen.  I certainly wasn't going anywhere outdoors with this current cold snap again and wisely stayed in the warm, like you.

Well Ladies the morning has disappeared, so had better get a few more of those jobs tackled and later will catch up with another DVD and have another bit of me time, taking it easy.  Hope the day goes well for all of you.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:50 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 2 A_zpsd25Pauline good you are feeling a lot better and as you say worth doing your surveys when you collect the monies owed to you .Pleased you are feeling quite a lot better .Do hope Stephen recovers quite quickly too .At this time of year lots of viruses on its rounds. Very good no more painkillers required. Wise of you not going out to the Residents club .Great you have plenty of dvds to watch and enjoy

Jean hope you are having a good day and do hope Peanut is behaving .Good you dealt with that scam...........scum bags thats what they are

Barbara David did the essential shopping and you got one set of exercises done and will do more later. Good you did get to speak to Talking Therapy .That was annoying the mix up with your prescription. good got it all sorted. You worked on your usual computer work and crosswords and some reading .David played with his trains and watched some TV. Do hope your knees do improve with your walking round downstairs .Hope David did get your voltarol ointment

Not long in from Wed club but no win at Bingo. Did enjoy the chat.Dry but very cold here so no garden work done and it is beginning to annoy me ......grrrrr
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:10 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We're having another sunny day here although once again it started with a heavy frost though not the fog that was also forecast.  It's still bitterly cold and I shall be glad when the cold snaps are over!

David did the essential shopping early this morning and I did the first set of my physio exercises after breakfast.  I shall do the second set later on today.  I've also tackled the cryptic crossword and have almost finished it.  The package with the knee supports arrived a little while ago and it all looks good.  David went out again this morning and bought me some more Volterol.  I had the phone appointment with Talking Therapies and the therapist didn't think the problem with my knees had been caused by anything other than arthritis.  It had occurred to me that there might have been something psychological going on but that's turned not to be the case and it seems it's just something medical, which will be discussed when I have my appointment with the orthopaedic specialist next month.  I've also watched some TV and have done some reading, together with doing some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.  As usual, I've done some walking around the downstairs of our house, with it being just as difficult as it was yesterday, because of the pain and stiffness in my knees.  David has been upstairs in our loft, playing with his model railway but he came downstairs for when my parcel arrived, as I didn't want to miss the delivery, what with me being so slow to move to the front door!

I probably won't get online tomorrow, as my sister is coming to see us for the day.

JEAN, Another nice frosty day, going out a bit later as dangerous under foot.

Had a call at 8.15am to say it was from the bank saying that your bank card had been used,. strange that as it was in your purse!

How did your friend get on when she took Peanut out yesterday?

PAULINE, Well another day for you yesterday with plenty of me time.  You tackled a few of the repair jobs and then settled down on the settee again and watched a couple more DVDs.  Had a couple of sessons with the massage pad and went to bed without taking any pain killers and not so bad this morning with another session with the pad.  The sneezing had stopped this morning and yesterday you wised up that it is now February and those tree catkins are out on the Alder trees and on Sunday you had the door open for quite a while, so seems as it was your usual attack of seasonal tree pollen and have taken the antihistermine again (took one yesterday).  Hopefully that was it with you, but this morning after talking to Rachel, Stephen has now developed the same symptoms as Sean with neck and shoulders aching too (and they took Sean and family home), so fingers crossed that he gets better soon.  I hope they're better soon but at least you've solved what it was that was making you feel ill.

Last evening you should have gone to the Residents meeting, but didn't bother. Anyway today you will do a few more of the repair jobs and not bother to do too much.  Yesterday you printed off the bank statements and checked all was in order with them, checked the John Lewis broadband/landline bill and you are still in credit with them because of that breakdown, printed off two vouchers that you had earned with Tesco Clubcard ready for the next lot of shopping and just recently claimed £35 from one survey firm to go into PayPal and this morning claimed another £10 of Amazon vouchers, so each time you do some of the boring surveys, you have to remind yourself that it is worth it.

DIAN, Not long in from Wed club but no win at Bingo. Did enjoy the chat.  Dry but very cold here so no garden work done and it is beginning to annoy you ......grrrrr.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Thu Feb 09, 2023 7:06 am
Hello Everyone - Page 2 Qyuyxv10    Hello Ladies.  In the gif that is how my Mahonia looks like in my front garden, when the frost is around and it is coming out with a lot of yellow buds on it, so hope they survive this cold snap.  

Yesterday, stayed indoors again, except for putting out some rubbish and the bird food.  Bit by bit I am strpping the wallpaper in my downstairs loo and slowly getting there.  I got two rolls of new fresco wallpaper when I visited the charity shop last week and bought them.  Have been intending to redecorate in there for quite a while, so now it is gradually underway.  Also got on with a few more repair jobs, some reading and watched another DVD, so still taking it easy and not rushing at anything, but feel a lot better.

Jean, I hope yesterday went well for you,  with no further scam calls on your phone.

Dian, yes there are so many viruses around at the moment and thankfully I am sure it was the start of the tree pollen affecting me, so I am taking an antihistermine each day and, yes I hope Stephen gets over the virus he seemed to have picked up from Sean.  The very cold weather is now starting to annoy you, as you cannot get on with the garden work you wanted to do and I was thinking that suddenly we will be plunged into so much work out there, when the temperatures rise again.  No win for you at the club yesterday, but you enjoyed the chat with other members.

Barbara, Hope you enjoy today with your sister and see that you have now received the knee supports that you are pleased with and David got some more Volterol for you.  You also got the call back from Talking Therapies and the person who spoke to you did think the aches and pains were definitely down to arthritis and hope you can get some positive help when you see the orthopaedic specialist next month.

I was up at 5 this morning, but did get 6 hours sleep, so suppose that might lead to a snooze this afternoon, but this morning I got on with the emails, tidied up my desktop on the computer and sorted some more images for gifs and did all of that before getting on here, so now think it is time for me to get a breakfast.  Hope you all enjoy your day.

Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:09 am
Peanut was sick at 3am,. 4am and the other end at 5am. I am whacked., he got on with my friiend and the other dogs ok.
but they are more adults there not just me. will take him around the houses later.
frosty again. sun is just coming through,.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:25 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 2 Eyffgs63 Pauline your mahonia looking nice so do hope it survives .Good to hear you are still improving. See work now ongoing in your bathroom .Also you got some more repairs done before watching a DVD You will be pleased that you are feeling a lot better

Jean sorry to hear Peanut was sick so hope he has improved. Enjoy your walk with him.

Barbara no doubt you will be having a nice time with your sister.Do hope your not bothered much with your knees .Hope the items David got for your knees are helping .Do hope so

Another very cold morning but now the sun has come out. Going to daughters tonight for dinner so looking forward to that.Hope all having a nice day
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:52 am
Peanut woke me up at 2.30am but did not want anything. got back to sleep
have to go to the docs. now for a foot check very frosty here,.
my phone went grey twice yesterday for no reason and my sister in law in Norwich. said hers did as well. very strange other people in the hall where she was had the same thing happen to them as well
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:42 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 2 Mhecrh11
Hello Ladies,  Another sunny day, but clouding over here now.  Yesterday I got on with more of the little jobs, did some reading (no DVD watching, or today either) and I have started on checking a large jigsaw which I did win from one of the raffles, but that can go back for another prize on Monday.  Interesting one showing a lot of the products on sale in the shops during the Coronation year of 1953 and a lot of them still exist to this day, but with very differet packaging. Quite an appropriate one as we are now in a Coronation year.

Jean, glad that Peanut only woke up once during last night, not like the night before when he was sick several times.  See he behaved okay when he was out with your friend and hope it continues when you take him for a walk.  Not quite so thick the frost here this morning and expect it soon cleared your way too with the sun, but now we are back to the cloud again.  Sounds as if that was a large network outage yesterday affecting the phones.  I didn't use mine much yesterday, so didn't notice anything.  Hope the foot appointment has gone well today.

Dian, that work is only in the downstairs loo (not a very large room) and my bathroom doesn't need attention thankfully (just a clearout of the cupboards) which is one of the next jobs.  Yesterday with the loo I did get as far as starting to damp down some of the paper.  What has been on there is the heavy duty fresco paper which I painted, so of course, stripping that is a slow job, because you get the top layer off, but it always leaves behind the thin paper backing, so that has to be damped before I can scrape it.  Bit of a slow job, but I am not rushing it.  I expect you enjoyed the meal at your daughter's yesterday evening and hope today is going well for you.

I expect Barbara is enjoying the visit from her sister today.

Must away now Ladies and back to finish checking the jigsaw and get that out of the way.  Enjoy the rest of the afternoon and evening.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:54 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 2 4cnhg168Pauline well done with your jigsaws and scraping your bathroom as can be hard work .You do really well with your jigsaws.

Jean hope your having a nice day with Peanut and no problems

Barbara just know you will have a nice day with your sister. Do hope your knees not too painful .I am sure David will have done his essential shopping

Just in from having a nice day out with my friend and daughter so now off for a nice cuppa. Wishing you all a nice weekend with no problems
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Fri Feb 10, 2023 3:51 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We had another sunny but frosty start to today.  Fortunately, the frost didn't last very long.  The skies have now clouded over but the sunshine was good to have anyway.

David, Jane and I enjoyed the day yesterday, having good chats about anything and everything!

David did the essential shopping early this morning and I did the first set of my physio exercises after breakfast.  I shall do the second set later on today.  I've done some reading and watched some TV but haven't yet tackled the cryptic crossword, which I will do later today.  I've also done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop and have been walking around the downstairs of our house.

I'm afraid that after a hopeful start, the knee supports were a disappointment.  I knew that they'd have to be close fitting to do my knees any good but eventually had to take them off as they were giving me terrible pains, especially in my right knee, which is a bit swollen.  I'm not going to try and get any more items to help my knees now but will wait till I have my hospital appointment and see what the consultant has to say.

I've read all your posts and wish everyone well.  Normal service will be resumed tomorrow, probably in the early morning, as Andrew will be coming here later on to spend the weekend with us!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Sat Feb 11, 2023 1:01 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 2 Fvlifi46Pauline hope your scraping off the wall paper went well Smile Hope your jigsaw  was all there and no pieces missing. I will need to do that with the clutter in my bathroom as just know they are items well out of date. Hope your having a nice weekend .

Jean hope your foot check went well and hope Peanut behaving

Barbara that was a nice day spent with your sister also nice to have Andrew  visiting too  Sorry your items for your knee did not work for you so do hope the Doctor can help

Out today with younger daughter and her husband for breakfast and a nice walk round a garden centre which I had never been to before .Needless to say ended up buying 3 plants which will need potting up grrrrr said I would not buy any Smile Off now for a nice cuppa and might do a small washing..........enjoy your weekend all
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Sat Feb 11, 2023 2:46 pm
First of all before I do any further posting today, here is a birthday gif for you Dian and so sorry I forgot to put it on here yesterday when it was your birthday.

Hello Everyone - Page 2 6hmzi910
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Sat Feb 11, 2023 3:09 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 2 Rounde21    Hi Ladies.  I finished that jigsaw this morning, so that is ready to go and now back to the other repair jobs.  This weekend I also need to trim my hair, wash and set it, because it is now getting a bit too long.  That means cutting some of the perm out, so that will be another thing to do in the not too distant future.

Dian, Apologies for missing putting the birthday gif on for you yesterday and hope you enjoyed the shopping trip with your daughter and friend.  That was one jigsaw too many that I could't hide away so now that is ready to go back in the raffle at the club on Monday and no pieces missing.   I am still taking it slowly with the stripping of the downstairs loo and thinking I will get in touch with Greg, my plumber and get a more modern cistern fitted. The one I had has been there since I bought the house and although it is one of the narrow ones that doesn't take up too much room, it now looks discoloured, so a new one is called for and will get that done before I paper. See you got out today with your younger daughter and her husband and spent a nice time at a garden centre - of course, you had to buy three new plants  Wink  and hope you get the chances to get some of the garden work done.

Barbara, same here yesterday with a small amount of frost that soon disappeared, but today although temperatures are up, it is cloudy with no sun and wondering if the threatened rain might arrive.  Good to read that you and David enjoyed the time with your sister on Thursday and yesterday back to the usual things for you.  I know you have found the knee supports a bit tight, but mine have got more comfortable as I have worn them quite often and seem to do the trick, so perhaps you could persevere with them for a short time each day until you are used to them.

Hope the weekend has started well for you Jean, with no early calls for you to get up from Peanut.

Must away now Ladies and get a late lunch and get on with the jobs.  Enjoy the rest of Saturday.
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Sat Feb 11, 2023 3:32 pm
my toe is playing up but still took Peanut out appointment on Monday have booked a taxi as cannot drive that far.  it is so quick for this app;ointment
said to go to A & E if it got worse.
have put the heating back on now. thought it was warmer today
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Sun Feb 12, 2023 8:27 am
Hello Everyone - Page 2 Xaiekr10   Quick look in this morning as I have caught up with the emails and after posting on here I am going back up to trim my hair and get that washed and set ready for tomorrow.

Jean, that was lucky for you getting an appointment so quickly with regard to the toe and hope it hasn't got any worse and you don't have to go to A&E.

Dian, I hope you have enjoyed your birthday weekend and you have had a pleasant weekend Barbara.

Not very pleasant weather here at the moment - dry and warmer, but very dull and cloudy.  More depressing news with some of the B & Q, T K Max ad Home Sense shops closing, thankfully not in Northampton or we wouldn't have anything left.  I did go in Home Sense when I was in Rugby over Christmas and wasn't that impressed.

Thought you might be interested in that jigsaw and the items we could buy in the 1950's, so here is a photo of the finished item:-

Hello Everyone - Page 2 P1140040
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Sun Feb 12, 2023 1:47 pm
it is horrible and dull here today. been out for dog walk and church not many there and the vicar is ill.
I saw in the paper the beast from the east is coming back, not looking forward to that cold enough now
Shall be glad when I have been  to the foot place, (Wellingborugh has one but no Kettering so taxi for me if it comes) this is being
done as i I diabetic.   too late to book the ambulance car.

somehow posted twice...............
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Sun Feb 12, 2023 6:21 pm
Thank you Pauline for birthday wishes but now try and forget them Sad  Well done with the jigsaw as I would still be trying to finish it .Yes annoying when hair grows and need to cut it you loose perm .Weather here not bad today so did get some winter rubbish cleared but still more to do .I was halfway through sorting out a wardrobe when I realized needed to work in garden so still have to finish the wardrobe but will leave that for tomorrow.

Hello to Jean and Barbara  and hope you both had a good day
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum