Nifty Fifties Plus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Pauline
Pauline
Admin
https://nifty-fifties.forumotion.com

Hello Everyone - Page 40 Empty Re: Hello Everyone

Sun Oct 29, 2023 10:03 am
Hello Everyone - Page 40 R9xroa10Well at least the animation is working in that gif, although the leaves were supposed to be falling and not bobbing up and down.

Spent a long time in the front garden yesterday, doing more cutting back and clearing of those cuttings and clearing out the old black rubber bin that is there (which I had left full of cuttings), because I am due a delivery of that leaf blower, which might arrive tomorrow while I am at the club and if I am not in, that is one safe dry place to dump parcels in.

I would really like to start again in the back today (as the sun is out now) and would have loved to cut the grass, but it looks far too wet after the rain arrived as I finished up yesterday and poured through the night, but might be able to dig over a bit more in one of the beds previously started. If I do get out there, I won't stay out there too long, because I want to get a bit more sewing cleared on things going to the charity shops (buttons need attaching to quite a few of them) and I like deliver them in good order.

Dian, yes I reckon that leaf blower will be a big help and looking forwad to that arriving and was really happy with what I managed to get through yesterday.  You had good weather yesterday so got some washing hanging out and hope you managed to achieve the leaf lifting. I had a good laugh with those emails you sent - really enjoyed them.

Jean, see you have been out already this morning with Peanut for his walk in nice sunny weather we have here.  Sorry to read about the fall your sister-i-l had and hope she will be okay.  It looks as though the hospital were very thorough and did a number of tests, but of course, you will worry about how she is.

Barbara will still be enjoying the company of Andrew, but expect he has to return home today.

I am off to the garden now Ladies and enjoy your Sunday and did you remember to put the clocks back and enjoy that extra hour?  
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:06 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 40 7fw3im59

Well not a nice afternoon here and the morning not much better

Pauline well done with your gardening work and see also working indoors too .That black bin is a nice safe place for your parcels so hope your leaf blower arrives

Jean so sorry to hear your s-i-l had a bad fall and now is in hospital. Do hope she gets home soon .Well done in getting out with Peanut

Barbara and David  would have enjoyed having Andrew over the weekend

I got an invite for my dinner today at my sons so looking forward to that .I did get more leaves lifted yesterday and another lot down but not going out in the rain to lift them .I had just put on a necklace when the wire broke and had to collect all the beads .Pleased was just a cheap one even though I did like it .Got plenty more cheap ones Smile
Enjoy your day ladies
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:55 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We started out with lovely sunshine early this morning but it didn't last!  All too soon the rain started and it got heavier and heavier.  It's rained for most of the day apart from one short pause and it's so chilly with it.

Andrew went home late this morning.  He delayed going till the rain had eased down a bit but I'm sure he'll have come across heavier rain on his way to Southend.  He was meeting some friends for lunch and he sent me a photo of his meal!  I couldn't see what it was but I'm sure he'll have enjoyed it anyway!

David went out early this morning to do the essential shopping.  I've done the gentle exercises for my neck and have been walking around the downstairs of our house.  I've tackled the general knowledge crossword but will attempt to complete it later this afternoon.  I've watched some TV and have done some reading.  I've also done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.

I've read all your posts but will only comment on today's as there are so many of them.

PAULINE: Well at least your animation is working in that gif, although the leaves were supposed to be falling and not bobbing up and down.

You spent a long time in the front garden yesterday, doing more cutting back and clearing of those cuttings and clearing out the old black rubber bin that is there (which you had left full of cuttings), because you are due a delivery of a leaf blower, which might arrive tomorrow while you are at the club and if you are not in, that is one safe dry place to dump parcels in.

You would really like to start again in the back today (as the sun is out now) and would have loved to cut the grass, but it looked far too wet after the rain arrived as you finished up yesterday and poured through the night, but might be able to dig over a bit more in one of the beds previously started. If you do get out there, you won't stay out there too long, because you want to get a bit more sewing cleared on things going to the charity shops (buttons need attaching to quite a few of them) and you like to deliver them in good order.

I'm glad that the funeral went as well as it could.

DIAN: Well not a nice afternoon here and the morning not much better.

You got an invite for your dinner today at your sons so looking forward to that.  You did get more leaves lifted yesterday and another lot down but not going out in the rain to lift them.  You had just put on a necklace when the wire broke and had to collect all the beads.  Pleased was just a cheap one even though you did like it.  Got plenty more cheap ones

I hope that Jean is having a good day and that Rita is all right.

Stay safe and well, everyone!

Lots of love from me to all!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:32 am
[url=https://servimg.com/view/20102617/1542]Hello Everyone - Page 40 1i6fjy86[/url

Pauline I am sure you will be  all organized  for your club today  Do hope you had a nice weekend and bet you got some gardening done .or maybe carried on with some sewing

Jean hope you will have a nice day and hope you get to your club with Barry

Barbara that was a nice  time  you and David had with Andrew and I am sure you will be missing him

I really enjoyed a nice dinner at sons yesterday and caught up with all their news .Not sure how the weather will go but know there are more leaves to be lifted if the rain stops
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:00 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 40 Oie_g102
 Good Evening All.  Got in from the club and have been catching up on the computer for the past 2 and half hours, but now up-to-date and after this I am going upstairs for a bath and a restful evening and catch up on some of the recorded programmes, as I got my evening meal cooked and eaten just after getting home.

Yesterday I did manage to get a bit more garden work done out in the back and dug over a bit more of the bed I had been working on - cut down the phlox and a couple of other plants and placed that large white ceramic planter where it looked good, so gradually getting one bed tidy, but made a real mess of the grass - back and forth on that section when it was so damp.  Good job I hadn't intended to stay out there for too long, because that leaf blower got delivered late afternoon (when that was supposed to be due today) and already had the note written to leave for them to ask them to leave it in the black bin, so didn't need to do that and today, after getting home from the club, the two garden arches were delivered (and they weren't supposed to be here until later in the week), so now all deliveries in and don't have to worry about listening out for them.  Don't know if there will be any further garden work this week, because we are supposed to have another storm coming.

Today we had a long talk at the club from one of the charities, about hearing loss and that was interesting, but she took a long time, so no quiz today, but I did win a jar of cherry and amaretto jam (laced with french brandy) - that sounds tasty and Tricia, who sits on my table, won the witch's hat that I took, with the large spider attached, although I took it as a laugh, because there is one lady who they have started calling a witch because she always seems to win, but I reckon I must have put a curse on her, because no win for her today.  Twisted Evil

Jean I hope your week has started well and you have heard some good up-to-date news about your sister-i-l.

Dian, not good weather your way yesterday, although here it wasn't too bad when it dried up and I did get some more garden work done.  As you can see from above, all my deliveries have arrived, so eager to try out the leaf blower.  I see you did get some more leaves lifted, but then more came down and you weren't going out in the rain to lift another lot, plus one of your necklaces broke, but you said it is only a cheap one, so not one that matters.  I tell you, I still have heaps of them waiting to be sorted in the craft room that were given to us for the sales - one day I might find the time to start on that lot.  Nice to read that you enjoyed the meal at your son's in the evening and today there are more leaves again to shift, but you aren't going to tackle them in the rain which you have there today.

Barbara, wet weather your way yesterday and Andrew waited until the rain eased before be went off for home late mornnig,. but you know he arrived safely as he sent you a photo of his meal he was having with friends when he arrived in Southend.  You and David got on with the usual things yesterday after Andrew left, but expect you enjoyed the time he spent with you.  Yes the funeral went very well and I was happy for Ann's family's sake that the weather stayed dry, after the rain the day before.

Well Ladies I am off for that hot bath first to ease some of the aches from today and hope you all have a restful evening.
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:47 am
my sister in law is home now and has to wait to see a heart person.
it is very dull and wet here so far have not been out but should go to the club
I do not know what is happening to Barry some person from ITC was going out there last night, because he cannot get up the stairs, so far have heard nothing else
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:20 am
Hello Everyone - Page 40 Pvmdh411

Using my favourite Halloween fun gif this morning to cheer things up, because it is a very damp grey day, but must admit, that looking out of my side window, the leaves on the trees opposite are a lovely colour and still plenty of them left to fall.

Because it is so damp out there, I don't think I will get any garden jobs done today, so having got fed up a bit with all of the sewing and having mentioned those broken necklaces yesterday, I decided to start sorting out a lot of the broken jewellery.  Some of it can be repaired and some of it will be turned into Christmas hanging ornaments and so far have gone through all of the broken earrings, paired a lot of them that can be repaired and now looking at the broken bracelets - the ones that are on elastic and so far have actually repaired two of them, so more raffle prizes on the way.

Jean. I do hope that your sister-i-l doesn't have to wait too long for an appointment with regard to the heart trouble and that Barry can get the help he needs.  Yes very damp out there this morning and hope you get to the club and enjoy it.

Dian and Barbara, hope the day has started off well for both of you.

Going to make a cup of coffee and then back to the broken jewellery sort out and will try and be creative.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:44 am
Hello Everyone - Page 40 1o3wsa50

Well so far a nice bright morning with some sun

Pauline well done with the gardening .That was a lot of work on the computer .Great you had a nice time at your club. That was a nice relaxing evening you had .I would love to have a bath but just know I would get in but not out Sad

Jean good your s-i-l is now home but good someone is going out to see her. Hope you got out to the club .Maybe Barry could get more help

Barbara you got on with your usual exercises ,walking around downstairs and work on your phone and laptop also some reading and TV.
Andrew went home but was meeting up with  some of his friends
David did the essential shopping..........I am sure you will miss Andrew

It has turned out a pleasant morning here.Yesterday I did get out and lifted more leaves and I was putting bird seed out and I need to stand on a stool to reach the branch which the container is on and silly me forgot I was on the stool and fell off and landed on the ground. Luckily just a small bump on side which is a bit tender today but will not tell family as would just get a lecture .Luckily when I fell kept my head from hitting the ground but was stuck there for 5 minutes till I managed to get myself up I was glad nobody was around
Off now for a snack
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Tue Oct 31, 2023 4:13 pm
Good Morning everyone!

We've had lovely sunshine for most of today.  The only exception was for a short while this morning when it looked as if it was going to pour with rain but then changed its mind!

David went out early this morning to do the essential shopping.  I've done the gentle exercises for my neck and have been walking around the downstairs of our house.  I've tackled the cryptic crossword and will attempt to complete it later this afternoon.  I've watched some TV and have done some reading.  I've also done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.

DIAN: Yes, we enjoyed having Andrew here for a long weekend and are missing him like crazy but we're slowly getting used to it.

You really enjoyed a nice dinner at sons on Sunday and caught up with all their news.  Not sure how the weather will go but know there are more leaves to be lifted if the rain stops.

Well so far today a nice bright morning with some sun

It turned out a pleasant morning there.  Yesterday you did get out and lifted more leaves and you were putting bird seed out and you need to stand on a stool to reach the branch which the container is on and you forgot you were on the stool and fell off and landed on the ground. Sorry to hear that, Dian.  Luckily just a small bump on side which is a bit tender today but will not tell family as would just get a lecture.  Luckily when you fell you kept your head from hitting the ground but were stuck there for 5 minutes till you managed to get myself up.  You were glad nobody was around.

After posting, you went off for a snack.

PAULINE: Got in from the club yesterday and have been catching up on the computer for the past 2 and half hours, but now up-to-date and afterwards you went upstairs for a bath and a restful evening and catch up on some of the recorded programmes, as you got your evening meal cooked and eaten just after getting home.

On Sunday you did manage to get a bit more garden work done out in the back and dug over a bit more of the bed you had been working on - cut down the phlox and a couple of other plants and placed that large white ceramic planter where it looked good, so gradually getting one bed tidy, but made a real mess of the grass - back and forth on that section when it was so damp.  Good job you hadn't intended to stay out there for too long, because that leaf blower got delivered late afternoon (when that was supposed to be due yesterday) and already had the note written to leave for them to ask them to leave it in the black bin, so didn't need to do that and yesterday, after getting home from the club, the two garden arches were delivered (and they weren't supposed to be there until later in the week), so now all deliveries in and don't have to worry about listening out for them.  Don't know if there will be any further garden work this week, because you are supposed to have another storm coming.

Yesterday you had a long talk at the club from one of the charities, about hearing loss and that was interesting, but she took a long time, so no quiz yesterday, but you did win a jar of cherry and amaretto jam (laced with french brandy) - that sounds tasty and Tricia, who sits on your table, won the witch's hat that you took, with the large spider attached, although you took it as a laugh, because there is one lady who they have started calling a witch because she always seems to win, but you reckon you must have put a curse on her, because no win for her yesterday.

I'm glad the funeral went very well and you were happy for Ann's family's sake that the weather stayed dry, after the rain the day before.

After posting, you went off for that hot bath first to ease some of the aches from yesterday.

Using your favourite Halloween fun gif this morning to cheer things up, because it is a very damp grey day, but must admit, that looking out of your side window, the leaves on the trees opposite are a lovely colour and still plenty of them left to fall.

Because it is so damp out there, you don't think you will get any garden jobs done today, so having got fed up a bit with all of the sewing and having mentioned those broken necklaces yesterday, you decided to start sorting out a lot of the broken jewellery.  Some of it can be repaired and some of it will be turned into Christmas hanging ornaments and so far have gone through all of the broken earrings, paired a lot of them that can be repaired and now looking at the broken bracelets - the ones that are on elastic and so far have actually repaired two of them, so more raffle prizes on the way.

After posting, you went to make a cup of coffee and then back to the broken jewellery sort out and will try and be creative.

JEAN: Your sister in law is home now and has to wait to see a heart person.

It is very dull and wet here so far.  You have not been out but should go to the club.  You do not know what is happening to Barry.  Some person from ITC was going out there last night, because he cannot get up the stairs, so far have heard nothing else.  I'm sorry to hear that, Jean.  I pray that he'll be all right.

I hope that Rita is having a good day.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:31 am
Barry is having carers three times a day at the moment do not know what is going to happen there next week
it rained a lot last night and I am debating whether to go to the club today it is not cold have taken Peanut out
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:22 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 40 Csylyp11
Well another heavy downpour this morning, after rain during the night, so everywhere is too drenched to do any garden work, so will continue with the jewellery sorting and repair.  Have made up several bracelets that can go as raffle prizes and it is a change to get back to crafting for a while.  It is also creating more spaces in the craft room.

When I tried to get on here this morning, I had to log in, as Firefox had been updating all of the settings and while I was waiting for that to sort I looked at the ads at the bottom of the page and they were for property and I spotted the house we had first moved into when we came to Northampton (next door to Gennie's) and it was up for sale - no I am not thinking of leaving here and going back to a 3 storey  Wink .  Here is the photo of it:-

Hello Everyone - Page 40 4d095510

Dian, thankfully I can just manage to get into the bath and carefully slide into it down the back of the bath, but getting out is a different matter. Because I have the water hot and it eases the pains, I quickly first turn on my side and then put one elbow down and then the other hand I turn into a fist and lift myself up onto my knees and having had the hot bath I don't feel the pain in the knees then, but get off of them and upright very quickly and then very carefully hold onto the sides of the bath to get out.  That is why, when I had those other tablets and they were causing pain everywhere, it was awful to put that weight onto the top half of my body - very painful on the arms and shoulders and thank goodness that stopped when I didn't take any more of those tablets., but easier now.  I do wonder thought, how much longer I will be able to do that.  See the weather was okay for you yesterday and the day before you lifted some more leaves and then had that accident falling off of the stool seeing to the bird seed.  So glad that you didn't hit your head, but expect you feel bruised from that and do hope you can get to your club today, with not so many aches and bruises from that nasty fall.  I know, we do keep these things from our families - very naughty of us, but we don't like to worry them.

Barbara, usual things for you and David and you were lucky with the weather yesterday, but I have a feeling today that you won't be so fortunate and you have probably had the downpours like we had here and more threatened for tomorrow.  After Andrew being with you for those few days, you will both be missing him.

Jean, glad you got a chance to get out with Peanut for his walk in between the rain.  Seems as though Barry has not been well at all, with the carers coming into to see him three times a day and hope he improves.  Hope you do get to the club today.

Going to get a sandwich for lunch with a coffee and then back to the jewellery crafting and hope the rest of the day goes okay for you all, despite the bad weather.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Wed Nov 01, 2023 2:21 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 40 08d4ao12

Pauline liked the house you used to live in and bet it kept you all fit Smile Well certainly doing well with the jewellery repairs which make nice gifts and raffle prizes .Think we are all having the wet miserable weather .Still feel as though cannot moan about it as could be a lot worse and be flooded .Well certainly a wet miserable day here and seems we are going to have wet miserable rainny days in the next week or so .Still good excuse to miss the gardening

Jean so sad for Barry so do hope he gets help .Pleased to hear you getting out with Peanut

Barbara David did the essential shopping while you got on with your usual exercises and work on the computer ect. Lucky you in having a nice sunny day .Hope the walking is still improving for you.

Just in from the WED club but still no win .It is a wild wet day and laughed at the cat when he went out as was not long out till he was back in .No lifting of leaves today as still wild and wet here .Now off for a nice cup of tea........Hope all are having a good day
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Wed Nov 01, 2023 3:38 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We had rain overnight and plenty of it during this morning.  It eased off around lunchtime and it's stopped altogether now but I gather there's more on the way and tomorrow we'll be having Storm Kieran.  Oh what joy!

David went out early this morning to do the essential shopping.  I've done the gentle exercises for my neck and have been walking around the downstairs of our house.  I haven't tackled the cryptic crossword yet but will attempt to do so later this afternoon.  I've watched some TV and have done some reading.  I've also done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.

Yesterday I once again attempted to find out when I can expect to have the covid jab but no one could tell me.  I shall just have to keep plugging away at it!

JEAN: Barry is having carers three times a day at the moment.  You do not know what is going to happen there next week.

It rained a lot last night and you are debating whether to go to the club today.  It is not cold.  Have taken Peanut out.

PAULINE: Well another heavy downpour this morning, after rain during the night, so everywhere is too drenched to do any garden work, so will continue with the jewellery sorting and repair.  Have made up several bracelets that can go as raffle prizes and it is a change to get back to crafting for a while.  It is also creating more spaces in the craft room.

When you tried to get on here this morning, you had to log in, as Firefox had been updating all of the settings and while you were waiting for that to sort you looked at the ads at the bottom of the page and they were for property and you spotted the house you had first moved into when you came to Northampton (next door to Gennie's) and it was up for sale - no you are not thinking of leaving your present house and going back to a 3 storey.  Thank you for posting a photo of it.

After posting, you went to get a sandwich for lunch with a coffee and then back to the jewellery crafting.

DIAN: You were just in from the WED club when you posted but still no win.  It is a wild wet day and laughed at the cat when he went out as was not long out till he was back in.  No lifting of leaves today as still wild and wet here.  After posting, you went off for a nice cup of tea.

I hope that Rita is having a good day.

Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:22 am
well dark and dull with rain again does not seem to be windy~
heard a fighter jet early which woke me up . have not seen the news but often wonder why they are overhead
didi try and get my NHS records but so far not successful nobody came about the covid plan do not expect anything
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Thu Nov 02, 2023 2:53 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 40 Eyffgs91

Pauline see you are still making nice items for charity or prizes at your club. Seeing your old house would bring back lots of memories spent there .Feel so sorry for the people caught up in that latest storm .Looked so dangerous and so much damage done.Hope none of us get caught up in it

Jean you should be hearing about your jags very soon .Wonder if you got out with Peanut today

Barbara see you are having lots of rain .David did the essential shopping while you got on with your usual exercises computer work also watched some TV and reading.
That is annoying not hearing about your jags yet so do hope you hear soon

Well another wet miserable day so do not think I will be lifting any leaves.I have showered washed and set my hair for tomorrow .Pleased time for my perm next week. Have a nice day
all
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Thu Nov 02, 2023 4:02 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We've had heavy rain and very strong winds for most of today, with a slight lull later on this morning.

David went out early this morning to do the essential shopping.  I've done the gentle exercises for my neck and have been walking around the downstairs of our house.  I haven't yet tackled the cryptic crossword but will attempt to do so later this afternoon.  I've watched some TV and have done some reading.  I've also done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.

JEAN: Well dark and dull with rain again does not seem to be windy~

Heard a fighter jet early which woke you up.  Have not seen the news but often wonder why they are overhead.

Did try and get your NHS records but so far not successful.  Nobody came about the covid plan.  Do not expect anything.

DIAN: Well another wet miserable day so do not think you will be lifting any leaves.  You have showered washed and set your hair for tomorrow.  Pleased time for your perm next week.

I hope that Pauline is having a good day and that Rita is well.

-------
Since too many posts were made, this topic has been divided automatically. You can find the rest of this topic here :
https://nifty-fifties.forumotion.com/t23-hello-everyone
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum