Nifty Fifties Plus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Pauline
Pauline
Admin
https://nifty-fifties.forumotion.com

Hello Everyone - Page 38 Empty Re: Hello Everyone

Sun Oct 15, 2023 11:15 am
Hello Everyone - Page 38 Tepcli11 Hi Ladies.  Quick look in this morning.

Yesterday all the housework got completed and beef cooked and sliced (now in foil waiting to be reheated) and potatoes peeled and they are on part boiling while I am doing this post.  The cherry tree being put in the garden was a step too far, but I did get the shelf up in the downstairs loo and that makes it much tidier in there with a proper place for the liquid soap dispenser and hand sanitiser, etc, and after that was done I did put the drill and the screwdriver away again.

Jean, just like all of us, we get a bit forgetful at our ages and that is why I have a pill dispenser with the days on it, so am sure when the right ones have been taken on the right days.  See the nurse is coming back on Monday,  but the others have now finished and would have to start charging.  I am afraid that you will have to learn to cope with the wobby legs like me, but see you are still thinking of driving.  Enjoy the lunch today with Barry and Sally at the club - at least you don't have to cook it like me stuck with feeding the family - although I am not moaning about it,  as I wlll enjoy catering for them all and the catching up, but these days takes longer and is a bit painful standing for too long doing the cooking.

Dian, As you can see from above, I gave the cherry tree a miss, but glad I got the shelf up and made things a bit clearer in that downstairs loo.  I will enjoy seeing the family today and catching up with all that has been happening.  I see that Duke didn't stay out for long in the windy weather and you were carrying on with indoor jobs.

Barbara, chop and change weather for you yesterday, here it stayed fine all day and has started off with lovely sunshine this morning, but that much colder and we were threatened with rain today, but so far we are okay.  Usual things for you and David and you were hoping he wouldn't get caught in the showers in the afternoon while he was at the terrain.

Sorry it is a quick answer this morning - potatoes were just starting to boil over, so had to turn them down for a bit further cooking before they got into the roasting tin.  Hope all of you enjoy your Sunday.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Sun Oct 15, 2023 2:08 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 38 Ndxgb412

Pauline all organized and up to date with everything .Great you got the shelf in the bathroom up even though you still have the cherry tree to do.

Jean just be good to yourself and just take your time till you are stronger. Go and enjoy the club with Barry.

Barbara think we are all having unsettled weather  .David did the essential shopping while you got on with your usual exercises and work on the computer and laptop .and will tackle the crossword later .You also watched some tv and got some reading done
I do hope David won his games and missed the rain  or else hope he sheltered if it did  rain..

So far it is dry here but high wind is blowing and has turned chilly but I hope to maybe get more leaves lifted if the wind calms down
Have a nice day all
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Sun Oct 15, 2023 4:12 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We have the lovely sunshine back today although it's slowly getting dark again, with just the last minute sunshine still being around.

David did the essential shopping early this morning.  I've been walking around the downstairs of our house and have been doing the gentle exercises for my neck.  I've tackled the general knowledge crossword, but have still more to do and will attempt to do so later this afternoon.  I've watched some TV and have done some reading.  I've also done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.  David went to the terrain this morning and he won all 3 games that he'd played.  Well done to him!  He seems to be getting his form back.  He's now watching a ladies football match.

JEAN: Well the people say they are not coming anymore.  Or it is £50 an hour.  Told them your legs are still wobbly.  Went down to the car yesterday as the nurse said you could and one of them came and of course you were not there.  This you think is part of the discharge.  The car tyres are playing up. and you will see if you can get down there today just to check it.  Should be going out to lunch at the club with Barry and Sally.  These people said you should go.  Did you go, Jean?  The people don't sound very caring, somehow.

PAULINE: Yesterday all the housework got completed and beef cooked and sliced (now in foil waiting to be reheated) and potatoes peeled and they are on part boiling while you are doing this post.  The cherry tree being put in the garden was a step too far, but you did get the shelf up in the downstairs loo and that makes it much tidier in there with a proper place for the liquid soap dispenser and hand sanitiser, etc, and after that was done you did put the drill and the screwdriver away again.

Sorry it was a quick answer this morning - potatoes were just starting to boil over, so had to turn them down for a bit further cooking before they got into the roasting tin.  Hope all of you enjoy your Sunday.

DIAN: So far it is dry here but high wind is blowing and has turned chilly but you hope to maybe get more leaves lifted if the wind calms down.

I hope that Rita is having a good day.

Stay safe and well, everyone!

Lots of love from me to all!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Mon Oct 16, 2023 3:04 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 38 7fw3im58
Pauline I am sure you would have had a nice time with your family...........hope you got to your club today

Jean hope you get out today and hoping you are maybe feeling a little bit better

Barbara also hope you and David are having a nice day with no problems

Well quite a pleasant day so managed round my local shop for a few items. Son popped in for a quick chat .I managed round to  the local shops and got a few items .Pleased to say I  got another lot of leaves lifted yesterday and got them in the brown bin so it is now half full so maybe get more tomorrow .
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Mon Oct 16, 2023 6:23 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 38 Zswbfo10
 Good Evening All.

Apologies, because this is going to be quick this evening and I will catch up tomorrow.  Had a lovely day yesterday and this morning did quite a rush around getting the remainder of the beef and veg into the slow cooker, putting away all of the plates, glasses, cutlery, etc., and then off to the club.  Enjoyed the club and got in to do a bit more clearing, but feeling very tired and reckon all of the rush around over the last few days has got to me, so am off for a quick meal and an easy evening and I will be in tomorrow to read and answer all of your posts.

Hope you all had a good start to the week and wishing you a relaxed evening and restful night.
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:53 am
went to the lunch with Barry and Sally and then yesterday to the day centre, whilst I was coming home on the wellibus the nurse asked why I was not home, I was told
to go and it was arranged the nurse would come about 3.30pm so he rang me at three instead. they were coming to do a blood test and urine tests. anyway
another nurse came as he was not qualified to do this...........................she told me that the hospital had been unable to process my urine test as it had the wrong
details on it...............should be collecting Peanut today. they are coming here for the urine test tomorrow as I could not go yesterday
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Tue Oct 17, 2023 11:06 am
Hello Everyone - Page 38 1o3wsa49
Pauline just know you would have had a really nice time with the family and catching up on all their news .Also I am sure you would have enjoyed your Monday club and maybe a nice win .
No doubt you will be itching to get into the garden again .

Jean bet you get a great welcome from Peanut and he will be so glad to be home with you .Well done in getting out too .Makes us feel better

Barbara do hope you and David are having a nice day with no problems

Just off to hang out a small washing and hope the rain stays away...........Have a good day ladies
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Tue Oct 17, 2023 2:28 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 38 Oie_g101 Despite wanting an early and restful evening yesterday and feeling tired, there was still quite a bit I had to do that had been hanging about on the computer, so forced myself to print off the bank statements and check them (all okay and tallied with my accounts), then an email came through from my daughter so answered her and explained about the funeral next week and think that I will be going with Susi, because spoke to Rachel about this on Sunday and she was going to find it a bit difficult to get there that early (having to check into work first), so got back to Susi to accept her offer of being there and had to answer her email and let her know the details as soon as I could, so she can get sorted.  I will be seeing Susie on Friday here and will sort out more things then.  Got to go to the centre and sort out the flowers and arrange to collect them on Monday ready for early Tuesday.  I eventually got upstairs much later than planned and caught up with some of the recorded t v from over the weekend and yesterday and finally settled down to sleep about 2 in the morning.

Of course, up later than usual this morning and couldn't believe how much there was to catch up on again in the emails and that has taken the last couple of hours getting that lot up-to-date, but here at last.

We all enjoyed Sunday and Hunter was so pleased with his presents.  After they had all gone I just cleared the food and left the rest of the putting away until yesterday morning, because I had promised that dressing up outfit to one of the club members - her daughter had wanted something Victorian and I had a long apron made out of blue and white striped material with a mob cap and that had originally been thrown together quickly for a carnival float - cannot remember whether it was the Old Woman who lived in a Shoe or Old Mother Hubbard, but had to sit there and do some running repairs on that and get some new elastic through the frilly mob cap, so that took up anough of that evening and had to leave the items piling up on the computer.  That was another job yesterday morning I had to tackle before the club - ironing that outfit.

Enjoyed the club yesterday and the lady who wanted the dressing up outfit, was pleased with that.  I had left the slow cooker on with the left over beef and veg and that cooked very well while I was at the club.  No wins for me yesterday, but enjoyed the company.  Now back to catching up and reading your posts.

Dian, yes still that cherry tree to do and I was hoping to get that done this afternoon as nasty storms promised from tomorrow evening, but as you mentoned, I did get that shelf up and pleased with how that looks.  Hope the wind calmed down for you on Sunday and you were able to get some more leaves lifted, as it was dry weather,  but chilly.  I had a laugh with that first email this morning and the second one - what an illusionist he was.  I can see from your post yesterday that you did get rid of those leaves and now have the brown bin half full.  Trip for you around to your local shop for a few items and then enjoyed a chat with your son when he popped in.  Hope today keeps going well for you and see it is dry enough to get some washing out.  Enjoy your club tomorrow morning.

Barbara, yes it was lovely sunshine here also on Sunday, but noticing how quickly the evenings are drawing in now.  Usual things for you and David and good to read that he seems to be getting back to his good form with regad to the Petanque.   Hope everything went well for you yesterday.

Jean apologies that I haven't had the time to put any colour in your posts or enlarge the fonts, but still trying to catch up here.  See you are getting Peanut back today and enjoyed the lunch at the club and hope the urine test gets sorted.

While I have been typing this I have had to reset the keyboard again because this time suddenly when I wanted to put a "b" I was getting an "a" and thankfully corrected that, but don't know why it is playing up.  Must away now Ladies and try and get something done in the garden, while the sun is shining.  Hope the rest of the day and evening goes well for all of you.  

Last edited by Pauline on Wed Oct 18, 2023 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Put Sunday for flower collection instead of Monday and needing them for early Tuesday and not Monday.)
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:05 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We had a dull old morning for weather today but it's perked up now and we have lovely sunshine!

I'm sorry I didn't get in here yesterday but I'd forgotten to let you all know that I had an appointment with the Neuro Rehab lady that afternoon.  It all went well once she'd arrived but she'd got held up with other patients and so didn't arrive until 5pm, whereas she'd previously said that she'd be with me between 3 and 5pm.  Anyway, she was extremely helpful and really nice.  She asked me a lot of questions and tested the resistance in my legs.  She gave me lots of suggestions to make life easier for me and David and I were very impressed. She did say though that our GP didn’t know what he was talking about re neuro rehab! There is no place near the old maternity hospital where I could go to have physio sessions. She will come here when necessary. She’s coming back on 24 October to take me out to show me how to use the outdoor walker better and then we’ll take it from there.

On to today!  David did the essential shopping early this morning.  I've been walking around the downstairs of our house and have been doing the gentle exercises for my neck.  I haven't yet tackled the cryptic crossword, but will do so later this afternoon.  I've watched some TV and have done some reading.  I've also done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.

The chiropodist came this morning to do my feet and they as usual are feeling much better now!

David went on one of his long walks after lunch.  He's now watching a Western on the TV.

DIAN: Well yesterday was quite a pleasant day so managed round your local shop for a few items. Son popped in for a quick chat.  You managed round to  the local shops and got a few items.  Pleased to say you  got another lot of leaves lifted on Saturday and got them in the brown bin so it is now half full so maybe get more tomorrow.

Today you went off to hang out a small washing and hope the rain stays away.

PAULINE: Apologies, because this is going to be quick this evening (Sunday) and you will catch up on Monday (today).  Had a lovely day on Saturday and yesterday morning did quite a rush around getting the remainder of the beef and veg into the slow cooker, putting away all of the plates, glasses, cutlery, etc., and then off to the club.  Enjoyed the club and got in to do a bit more clearing, but feeling very tired and reckon all of the rush around over the last few days had got to you, so you are off for a quick meal and an easy evening and you will be in on Monday (today) to read and answer all of your posts.

Despite wanting an early and restful evening yesterday and feeling tired, there was still quite a bit you had to do that had been hanging about on the computer, so forced yourself to print off the bank statements and check them (all okay and tallied with your accounts), then an email came through from your daughter so answered her and explained about the funeral next week and think that you will be going with Susi, because spoke to Rachel about this on Sunday and she was going to find it a bit difficult to get there that early (having to check into work first), so got back to Susi to accept her offer of being there and had to answer her email and let her know the details as soon as you could, so she can get sorted.  You will be seeing Susie on Friday here and will sort out more things then.  Got to go to the centre and sort out the flowers and arrange to collect them on Sunday ready for early Monday.  You eventually got upstairs much later than planned and caught up with some of the recorded t v from over the weekend and yesterday and finally settled down to sleep about 2 in the morning.

Of course, up later than usual this morning and couldn't believe how much there was to catch up on again in the emails and that has taken the last couple of hours getting that lot up-to-date, but here at last.

You all enjoyed Sunday and Hunter was so pleased with his presents.  After they had all gone you just cleared the food and left the rest of the putting away until yesterday morning, because you had promised that dressing up outfit to one of the club members - her daughter had wanted something Victorian and you had a long apron made out of blue and white striped material with a mob cap and that had originally been thrown together quickly for a carnival float - cannot remember whether it was the Old Woman who lived in a Shoe or Old Mother Hubbard, but had to sit there and do some running repairs on that and get some new elastic through the frilly mob cap, so that took up anough of that evening and had to leave the items piling up on the computer.  That was another job yesterday morning you had to tackle before the club - ironing that outfit.

Enjoyed the club yesterday and the lady who wanted the dressing up outfit, was pleased with that.  You had left the slow cooker on with the left over beef and veg and that cooked very well while you were at the club.  No wins for you yesterday, but enjoyed the company.  Now back to catching up and reading your posts.

While you have been typing this you have had to reset the keyboard again because this time suddenly when you wanted to put a "b" you were getting an "a" and thankfully corrected that, but don't know why it is playing up.  Must away now Ladies and try and get something done in the garden, while the sun is shining.

JEAN: Went to the lunch with Barry and Sally and then yesterday to the day centre, whilst you were coming home on the wellibus the nurse asked why you were not home, yo were told to go and it was arranged the nurse would come about 3.30pm so he rang you at three instead.  They were coming to do a blood test and urine tests. Anyway another nurse came as he was not qualified to do this...........................she told you that the hospital had been unable to process your urine test as it had the wrong details on it...............should be collecting Peanut today.  They are coming here for the urine test tomorrow as you could not go yesterday.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:49 am
a bit worn out today awaiting the nurse for urine sample
yesterday the man came to tell me I have to go up to the docs about my foot he was going to sort it. so much for that did not know he was coming
collected peanut and am not broke
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:12 am
Hello Everyone - Page 38 Pd78kz11
Good Morning All.

Yesterday I did manage to get that cherry tree dug into the garden and the large white ceramic planter it came out of, now contains a couple of foxgloves, wallflowers, antirrhinums, the last winter pansy and a couple of polyanthus, so quite a mixture, but all plants that don't mind the shade or winter months.  I did water where the cherry tree had been planted and also the planter, but didn't worry too much because we are supposed to have that storm and rain arriving today.  This morning I am going to the cente to order the flowers for Ann's funeral.

Jean, see you have Peanut back and you are waiting for the nurse to take the urine sample today.

Barbara, You and David were very impressed with the advice from the Neuro Rehab lady when she visited on Monday and she told you that she would come to you when necessary and will also be calling on 24th October and see that the chiropodist called yesterday, so your feet are feeling much better after the attention.

Dian expect you will enjoy the visit to your club today and hope you have a bingo win this week.

Must away now Ladies and get ready to go out and hope you all enjoy your day.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Wed Oct 18, 2023 2:38 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 38 4cnhg181

Pauline that was a busy weekend with family and see you finally did get your cherry tree planted. and potted up plants in the cherry tree container which does sound nice .That  is good Susi will go to the funeral with you.. Hope the storm does no damage to your garden.

Jean hope your having a nice day with no problems .Bet you had a nice welcome from Peanut

Barbara that was good having the Neuro Rehab lady as she gave you lots of good information and advice about your walking and using your walker .She is coming back to advise you on your use of the walker and gave you lots of good information .

Pleased it has stayed dry so far but strong wind is blowing We did not get in to our club as someone had not opened up but thankfully some one did turn up with the keys and the heating was on in the hall .Still dry here but strong wind is blowing. Stll no win at the club but enjoyed the company
Now off for a nice cup of tea.
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Wed Oct 18, 2023 4:41 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

Our day here started off dull but later on in the early afternoon, the rain started and it's still raining now.  It doesn't look at all nice although not quite as bad as was forecast.

David did the essential shopping early this morning.  I've been walking around the downstairs of our house and have been doing the gentle exercises for my neck.  I haven't yet tackled the cryptic crossword, but will do so later this afternoon.  I've watched some TV and have done some reading.  I've also done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.

David went to the terrain this morning but fortunately came back just before the rain started.  He's now watching a Western on the TV.

JEAN: A bit worn out today awaiting the nurse for urine sample.  Yesterday the man came to tell you that you have to go up to the docs about your foot.  He was going to sort it.  So much for that.  Did not know he was coming.

Collected peanut and you are not broke.

PAULINE: Yesterday you did manage to get that cherry tree dug into the garden and the large white ceramic planter it came out of, now contains a couple of foxgloves, wallflowers, antirrhinums, the last winter pansy and a couple of polyanthus, so quite a mixture, but all plants that don't mind the shade or winter months.  You did water where the cherry tree had been planted and also the planter, but didn't worry too much because we are supposed to have that storm and rain arriving today.  This morning you are going to the centre to order the flowers for Ann's funeral.

Must away now Ladies and get ready to go out and hope you all enjoy your day.

DIAN: Pleased it had stayed dry so far but strong wind was blowing.  You did not get in to your club as someone had not opened up but thankfully some one did turn up with the keys and the heating was on in the hall.  Still dry there but strong wind was blowing.  Stll no win at the club but enjoyed the company.  After posting, you went off for a nice cup of tea.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Thu Oct 19, 2023 12:36 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 38 21174312
Hi Ladies.  

Yesterday I managed to get to the centre before the rain arrived and ordered flowers in purple and white colours  (purple being Ann's favourite colour) and have arranged to pick them up late afternoon on Monday when I come from the club.  I also got the top up shopping and on the way home the rain started slightly, so got off the bus and made it home as quickly as I could, got the shopping away and started doing indoor jobs again, including more sewing jobs and replacing elastic on some items where it was needed.

Before I went out I had tested that meat and veg in the slow cooker and decided that something else was needed, so added paprika to that and that did the trick, so this morning, having cooled that off, have put that away in four individual tubs in the freezer.  I have done a bit more ironing and got the ironing board away again and also chased up that x-ray appointment and that is going to be on Tuesday 7th November and although I had mentioned the right hip, my GP has requested a full x-ray on the pelvis, so will have to wait and see what that shows up.

Tomorrow Susi will be here and she has confirmed that the time for the funeral on Tuesday is okay for her, having made sure that Kai will be available to keep an eye on Cas (being half term week).  So got quite a few things sorted yesterday and this morning.

We got the rain (and plenty of it), but not the storm that was forecast and it is certainly too wet out there to do anything further with regard to garden work (although the sun is shining today and it is calm), so again it is going to be indoor jobs - general housework needed again downstairs after Hunter and Kylian had the toys out and Hunter opened his birthday presents - and my family just love screwing up the wrapping paper and throwing it at each other (and that is the adults Rolling Eyes)

Jean, hope the nurse turned up to collect the urine test and wondering whether you have been to the docs yet, about the foot.

Dian, another week with no win for you at the club, but you enjoyed the company when you got in there after someone finally arrived to open up and at least, the heating was on.  At the time you had posted, there was still no rain, but quite a strong wind.  We got the rain, but no high winds and no damage done in my garden, but the rain was needed.  At least when I can get out there again, it is making it easier to dig over the earth and it was quite easy to get that cherry tree in.

Barbara, looks as though the rain arrived with you about the same time we got it here.  Usual things for you and Davd had gone to the terrain and got home before it started.

Enjoy the rest of the day Ladies and I am off to make a sandwich with a coffee for lunch before I get back to the indoor jobs. 
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Thu Oct 19, 2023 1:46 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 38 Flower50

Pauline busy as ever and see all ship shape after the family had gone .Good you got to the centre before the rain arrived .See also you got your flowers ordered with Ann,s favourite colour
also will pick them up after your club on Monday .Also see you were busy again repairing items and replacing elastic on some items .Good you now have an appointment for your hip xray
That is good Susi will go to the funeral on Tuesday with you.  So sad to lose a close friend

Jean hope your feeling a bit better today and will be nice to have Peanut back home.........bet you got a nice welcome

Barbara David did the essential shopping while you got on with your usual exercises and computer work also crosswords.
David returned from the terraine before the rain arrived and then watched a western on TV

Well another wet windy day so far.I am getting picked up at 6pm by my granddaughter who has just bought her flat so looking forward to that. I maybe just get out if rain stops for awhile to lift another bundle of wet leaves
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Thu Oct 19, 2023 2:08 pm
could not sleep last night no reason so tired. been to the dentist today irt has just started raining again
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Thu Oct 19, 2023 3:42 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We've had a lot of rain today, interspersed with sunshine.  At one point during today, we had them both together.  I wonder where the rainbow was?

David did the essential shopping early this morning and he bought a few extra items in case he can't get out to the shops at all tomorrow, as Storm Babet may be on the horizon. I've been walking around the downstairs of our house and have been doing the gentle exercises for my neck.  I haven't yet tackled the cryptic crossword, but will do so later this afternoon.  I've watched some TV and have done some reading.  I've also done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.  David went into Croydon this morning to draw some money from what is now our nearest bank.  We're having problems with our 'new' toilet, the one upstairs in our wet room.  This is the second time we've had problems with it and it's still only about 18 months old.  We now are having to have the innards replaced as well as having a new toilet handle.  It's a local plumber who'll be doing the work, as we've decided not to go with Orange Badge any more.  David is now watching a Western on the TV.

PAULINE: Yesterday you managed to get to the centre before the rain arrived and ordered flowers in purple and white colours  (purple being Ann's favourite colour) and have arranged to pick them up late afternoon on Monday when you come from the club.  You also got the top up shopping and on the way home the rain started slightly, so got off the bus and made it home as quickly as you could, got the shopping away and started doing indoor jobs again, including more sewing jobs and replacing elastic on some items where it was needed.

Before you went out you had tested that meat and veg in the slow cooker and decided that something else was needed, so added paprika to that and that did the trick, so this morning, having cooled that off, have put that away in four individual tubs in the freezer.  You have done a bit more ironing and got the ironing board away again and also chased up that x-ray appointment and that is going to be on Tuesday 7th November and although you had mentioned the right hip, your GP has requested a full x-ray on the pelvis, so will have to wait and see what that shows up.

Tomorrow Susi will be here and she has confirmed that the time for the funeral on Tuesday is okay for her, having made sure that Kai will be available to keep an eye on Cas (being half term week).  So got quite a few things sorted yesterday and this morning.

You got the rain (and plenty of it), but not the storm that was forecast and it is certainly too wet out there to do anything further with regard to garden work (although the sun is shining today and it is calm), so again it is going to be indoor jobs - general housework needed again downstairs after Hunter and Kylian had the toys out and Hunter opened his birthday presents - and your family just love screwing up the wrapping paper and throwing it at each other (and that is the adults).

Enjoy the rest of the day Ladies and after posting, you went off to make a sandwich with a coffee for lunch before you got back to the indoor jobs.

DIAN: Well another wet windy day so far.  You are getting picked up at 6pm by your granddaughter who has just bought her flat so looking forward to that.  You maybe just get out if rain stops for awhile to lift another bundle of wet leaves.

JEAN: Could not sleep last night.  No reason.  So tired.  Been to the dentist today.  It has just started raining again.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Fri Oct 20, 2023 9:30 am
a bit rough this morning dizzy awaiting nurse
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Fri Oct 20, 2023 3:04 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

It rained during last night but we've had no rain at all today, although it was forecast.  I think we must've had it last night instead of during today.  It feels a little chillier today, though.

David did the essential shopping early this morning.  I've been doing the gentle exercises for my neck and have also been walking around the downstairs of our house.  I've tackled the cryptic crossword, but have yet more to do to it and will do so later this afternoon.  I've watched some TV and have done some reading.  I've also done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.  David went to the terrain after lunch to take part in the club session.

JEAN: You were a bit rough this morning, dizzy awaiting nurse.  I'm sorry to hear that, Jean, and I hope the nurse has been in to see you by now.

I hope that Dian and Pauline are all right and that Rita is having a good day.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Fri Oct 20, 2023 3:41 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 38 D3f2uy48
Pauline hope your having a good day with no problems

Jean do hope the nurse can help you and hope you start to feel a lot better soon

Barbra David did his essential shopping while you got on with your usual exercises computer and watching TV also tackled the cryptic crossword and got some reading done.
David visited the terraine so hope he did win
hope you got your toilet fixed

Well I had a lovely night at granddaughter, new flat .They have also just got a lovely little black cat called Guiness .That was his name in the cattery so they just kept it .Really a cute little cat.
Lynn picked me up as usual this morning and we did our usual Friday shop.
she is going to take me for injection for the flu and covid jag on Sunday morning .
Wishing you all a nice weekend
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Fri Oct 20, 2023 5:21 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 38 Shs4pw11
Good Afternoon Ladies.

Enjoyed a natter and a few cuppas with Susi and she left here with another load of things for the charity shops (saving me the journey) and also some dressing up things for Halloween for Cas.  Phoned Becky while she was here and sorted out the last minute things for the funeral on Tuesday and decided that when I pick up the flowers on Monday afternoon, I will take them over to Becky and then on Tuesday morning we can make straight for the cemetery  Anyway go that all sorted.

The rain arrived here at 7.30 last evening and was quite heavy and then it stopped, but it certainly was heavy again this morning when I woke up at about 5.30, but had stopped by about 8.  No storm with it, but looks so bad in parts of Scotland and see that two people have lost their lives.

Dian, yes it is going to be sad on Tuesday at the funeral, but afraid we have to face these things as we get older. See it was wet and windy your way yesterday, but your granddaughter was picking you up in the evening to see her new flat.  From today's post I see you enjoyed the time with your granddaughter and seeing the new flat.  Cute name for the the cute cat they got from the cattery. See you enjoyed your usual Friday shopping this morning with your daughter and she is taking you for your flu and covid jab on Sunday and hope those go well and the weather doesn't worsen your way.

Jean, hope your dental visit went well yesterday and yes, it certainly was a rough morning today and has stayed dull and gloomy all day.

Barbara, you never did find the rainbow even though yesterday you had a mixture of sun and rain, but if the weather was like ours today, you probably got enough of the rain.  Don't blame you for going with a local plumber to see to the upstairs toilet, because you certainly weren't happy with the firm used through Orange Badge.  Hope it is all sorted for you correctly this time.

Off now to sort out my evening meal, think I need something warming on such a dull, grey day.  Hope you all enjoy your evening Ladies.
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Sat Oct 21, 2023 9:09 am
bit better today thank g oodness rain and more rain today hope you arf not effected by the weather Dian
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Sat Oct 21, 2023 11:48 am
Hello Everyone - Page 38 Wcidu510 Hi Ladies.

Today I am going to carry on with more sorting things, because the amount that Susi took away yesterday makes me feel as though I am really getting somewhere and plus I have more room to work in.  I brought back that spare plastic crate from the club the other day and that is all cleaned up and can actually put some bags of trimmings in that, instead of them sitting separately in the old wardrobe shelving in the craft room and label the crate as containing trimming.  Also a chance to go through more of them, zips, bias binding, webbing, etc., because there is another lady requesting bits and pieces for sewing on Freegle.  I also have an overload of sewing thread, so will sort through those too.  Also this weekend I am going to sort out the purple outfit for the funeral, so plenty to do indoors, because again it is still too damp after the deluge to do anything outside. Got to get a move on too, because am fed up with feeling aches and pains, while sitting here, so must get some exercise in and walk around indoors.

Jean I did wake up too early about 5, but it wasn't raining then and I went back to bed again after a bathroom call and finally woke up at 8, but no rain then either., so hoping we have seen the last of it here for a while.  We were so lucky considering what some people have been through with the flooding.

Despite the weather, try and enjoy your Saturday Ladies and I must away and get moving.  
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Sat Oct 21, 2023 1:43 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 38 Fvlifi63

I feel so sorry for all the people that have been flooded and think there has been a few deaths which is really sad .Thankfully the worst so far has been further north and they have had it really bad. Today is dry and hopefully for the next 3 days.

Pauline see you have been really busy again and got lots of items all sorted and more for charity. That is great all fixed for Tuesday which will be a really sad day for you and good to have family with you.Do hope all goes smoothly

Jean good to hear you feel a bit better .Have a nice weekend

Barbara I am sure you and David will be having a nice weekend.

Hope Rita is doing well with no problems

Well off now to get some work done as felt really tired this morning so have to move myself and catch up with lifting more leaves as brown bin emptied on Monday .

Have a good weekend all
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Sat Oct 21, 2023 3:26 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We had rain during the night again and on into early this morning.  We had showers interspersed with sunshine for some time and then it finally cleared up around noon.  David was undecided about going to play petanque but then decided to do so when the rain appeared to have cleared up.  However, he came back about an hour later, which was just as well, as the rain had decided to come back.  He's now watching the horse racing from Royal Ascot and has just made us a hot drink each.

David did the essential shopping early this morning.  I've done the gentle exercises for my neck and have been walking around the downstairs of our house.  I've tackled and have completed the cryptic crossword.  I've watched some TV and have done some reading.  I've also done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.

DIAN: No, we haven't had our toilet fixed yet.  I meant to say that it doesn't just need a new handle this time; all of the innards need replacing as well!  We're waiting for the plumber to source the parts and then he'll ring us to arrange an appointment.  We're having to pour hot water into the toilet bowl every time we use it, for the time being, including during the night, and then David pours hot soapy water down there in the morning to make sure it's all been flushed away.  It's so annoying for both of us but we're just having to put up with it for now.  Grrrrr!!!!!!

Well you had a lovely night at granddaughter, new flat on Thursday.  They have also just got a lovely little black cat called Guiness.  That was his name in the cattery so they just kept it.  Really a cute little cat.  Lynn picked you up as usual yesterday morning and you did your usual Friday shop.  She is going to take you for injection for the flu and covid jag on Sunday morning.

You feel so sorry for all the people that have been flooded and think there has been a few deaths which is really sad.  Thankfully the worst so far has been further north and they have had it really bad. Today is dry and hopefully for the next 3 days.

Well off now to get some work done as felt really tired this morning so have to move yourself and catch up with lifting more leaves as brown bin emptied on Monday.

PAULINE: Enjoyed a natter and a few cuppas with Susi and she left here with another load of things for the charity shops (saving you the journey) and also some dressing up things for Halloween for Cas.  Phoned Becky while she was here and sorted out the last minute things for the funeral on Tuesday and decided that when you pick up the flowers on Monday afternoon, you will take them over to Becky and then on Tuesday morning you can make straight for the cemetery.  Anyway go that all sorted.

The rain arrived there at 7.30 on Thursday evening and was quite heavy and then it stopped, but it certainly was heavy again yesterday morning when you woke up at about 5.30, but had stopped by about 8.  No storm with it, but looks so bad in parts of Scotland and see that two people have lost their lives.

No, I didn't find that rainbow, Pauline,  but you're right that I'd had enough of the rain by then!

You're right that we were so lucky considering what some people have been through with the flooding.

After posting, you went off to sort out your evening meal, think you needed something warming on such a dull, grey day.

Today you are going to carry on with more sorting things, because the amount that Susi took away yesterday makes you feel as though you are really getting somewhere and plus you have more room to work in.  You brought back that spare plastic crate from the club the other day and that is all cleaned up and can actually put some bags of trimmings in that, instead of them sitting separately in the old wardrobe shelving in the craft room and label the crate as containing trimming.  Also a chance to go through more of them, zips, bias binding, webbing, etc., because there is another lady requesting bits and pieces for sewing on Freegle.  You also have an overload of sewing thread, so will sort through those too.  Also this weekend you are going to sort out the purple outfit for the funeral, so plenty to do indoors, because again it is still too damp after the deluge to do anything outside. Got to get a move on too, because am fed up with feeling aches and pains, while sitting here, so must get some exercise in and walk around indoors.

JEAN: You're a bit better today thank goodness.  Rain and more rain today.  Hope you ar not effected by the weather Dian.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum