Nifty Fifties Plus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Hello Everyone - Page 23 Empty Re: Hello Everyone

Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:07 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 23 D9ypv050
Pauline so annoying with your fingers  being so painful so do hope they improve for you soon .Liked that photo of the nice garden..Do hope Rachel is doing ok.

Jean do hope you have enjoyed your break

Barbara do hope you and David have had a good day .Hope not too much rain either .I am sure you will be busy with your exercises puzzles crosswords and computer work and wonder if David visited the terrain if so hope he won a few games

Just in from Wed club and did not win anything but did enjoy the company .I just might start to trim a few shrubs
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:43 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We had some early sunshine this morning but the weather has mainly been cloudy and with intermittent showers.  It's also a bit chilly and very windy.

David did the essential shopping early this morning.  I've done the full range of my exercises.  We then watched some TV.  After lunch, David and I did the washing up together.  I watched some more TV and David went to the terrain to practise his shooting.  He was able to stay at the terrain quite a bit longer today than yesterday but once again, he just about made it home before the rain started again.  Then I came in here and David is now watching a Western on TV.  He's made us a nice hot drink each.  I've done some reading.  I've also done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.  I have tackled the cryptic crossword in the daily newspaper but have more to do on it and so shall attempt to do so later this afternoon. The engineer from Orange Badge came here to deliver and fit a part to the drainage element of our shower.  Hopefully the shower is now back to normal, which we'll know tomorrow morning when we've had our showers.

PAULINE: You put a fantasy garden gif on today, because getting so fed up with not being able to do anything in yours - colours out there are so lovely, but it is going wild.

Cannot type anything more, because of useless fingers, so wishnig you all a happy day.

PAULINE: I do hope you can be helped to get back to normal with your gardening and everything else.  It's such a shame that you're having these difficulties.  By the way, how is Rachel doing?

DIAN: David did go to the terrain this afternoon but only to practise his shooting, as he was the only club member there.  Today isn't one of the club session days but he likes to go there to get some practice in.

Just in from Wed club and did not win anything but did enjoy the company.  You just might start to trim a few shrubs.

I hope Jean has enjoyed her visit to Hatfield and that Rita is having a good day.

Stay safe and well, everyone!

Lots of love from me to all!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Pauline
Pauline
Admin
https://nifty-fifties.forumotion.com

Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:33 am
Sorry Ladies, feeling so rough this morning after a really bad night and had to stop those new tablets.  Hopefully will feel better tomorrow and explain all.  Hope you all have a good day.

Thanks for those photos Dian, they are great.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:33 am
Hello Everyone - Page 23 7acpi423
Pauline sorry to hear you are in so much pain as know how painful it is and does drag you down .Do hope it eases soon

Jean hope your having a good day with Peanut

Barbara sorry you lost the good weather .That is good David got to the terrain  to practice.
David did the essential shopping while you got on with your usual exercises .Later after lunch you both washed up and David made a nice hot drink for you both .David then went to the terrain .You then got on with your usual work

Another wet wild day .Just waiting on S_I_L as he will take me shopping as they are away  this weekend .Tried to cut some shrubs back but had to give up as back was too
painful.......grrrr
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:29 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We've had lovely sunshine here today.  It's a little chilly but we've had no rain so far.  There's also a gentle breeze, which is nice.

David did the essential shopping early this morning.  I've done the full range of my exercises.  We then watched some TV. After lunch, David and I did the washing up together.  I watched some more TV and David went to the terrain to practise his shooting.  He was able to stay at the terrain quite a bit longer today than yesterday and his session wasn't interrupted by any rain this time..  Then I came in here and David is now watching a Western on TV.  He's made us a nice hot drink each. I've done some reading.  I've also done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.  I haven't yet  tackled the cryptic crossword in the daily newspaper but shall attempt to do so later this afternoon.

PAULINE: Sorry Ladies, feeling so rough this morning after a really bad night and had to stop those new tablets.  Hopefully will feel better tomorrow and explain all.  Hope you all have a good day.

Pauline: I'm sorry to hear what a bad time you're still having and that you've had to stop taking the new tablets.  I do hope you feel better tomorrow.

DIAN: Another wet wild day.  Just waiting on S_I_L as he will take you shopping as they are away this weekend.  Tried to cut some shrubs back but had to give up as back was too painful.......grrrr.

Dian: I'm sorry to hear that your back has become painful again and I hope you feel better soon.

I meant to say to you that I thank you for the funnies you sent me!

I wonder if JEAN has come back from Hatfield yet?  I hope that RITA is having a good day.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:33 am
Hello Everyone - Page 23 0oew0s10  Hi Ladies.  Nearly midnight, but I have already had 4 hours sleep,so now wide awake, so good time to read your posts and answer them and then if I am still awake, explain what has been happening to me.

I hope Jean posts and lets us know how her trip away was.

Dian because of the weather I see you had to give up on the cutting back of the shrubs and when you posted you were waiting for your s-i-l to take you shopping as they are away at the weekend and hope the shopping goes well and the family enjoy their weekend away.

Barbara, I see the weather has been quite changeable your way, but you and David have still been getting on with your usual things and I do hope you now have a working shower

Rachel still staying cheerful and feeling okay, but will still have to wait a while for the results.

Susi and Aimie will be here on Tuesday to start on the garden mainly and they have been busy with Kylian's 5t birthday this week.

Now to me, after the appointment on Monday and Susi getting me to the club for a quick look in and then getting me home, later that eveing the upset stomach started (but no sickness).  This got worse during Tuesday and Wednesday and I was back and forth to the bathroom and feeling so bad too with just as many aches and pains.  I haven't taken any further of those tablets since one on Wednesday morning and during Wednesday night in between visits to the bathroom I started getting things together, because I honestly thought I would have to phone for an ambulance and get to hospital. 

Okay, so from this morning I started feeling that much better after that awful night, weak and washed out, but certainly better and pains were disappearing.  Now whether those tablets worked in washing all of the acid through the body (and that is the root of arthritis) I don't know, but pains have eased in the knees. although still a nuisance in the hands, but not so bad there.  Today been living on a lot of water, dry crackers, scrambled eggs, etc., and forcing myself to eat and drink and I took 2 of my Zapain tabs this morning and just taken 2 a little while ago.  

Now I will see how I go over today and the  weeekend, because I have a covid jab booked for Monday, followed by a visit to the club, but if still a bit iffy, then I will cancel the covid jab.  I did check with Susi to see how she had been, because I know the novavirus is around, but she was fine, so I am sure it is down to those new tabs and I won't be taking them again.

That has got you all up-to-date and now we are into Friday so that is my post for today and wishing all of you a peaceful night and be too - different from last night.
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:12 am
Hello Everyone - Page 23 Wyakkc15 Now awake after a shift pattern of sleep, but my post in the early hours was meant for today and has brought you up-to-date.  This morning it is a bit windy out there and gloomy too, but my aches and pains in the knees are far better, but fingers and hands still suffering.

Hope you Ladies have a good day and enjoy the weekend coming and I am going to try some physio..
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:01 pm
gosh Pauline sorry you havde been so ill  I too am feeling ill since being at Carols weak and wobbly
poor Carol do not know what is happening there i.e. we had a flat tyre, she did not know how to get it fixed so I did that
then
she took the tyre tgo the garage and made an appointment for it to be done and last night said they did not want to do ti and go to quick fix
sorry for all the mistakes
Carol is on holiday at Warners with her friends who all know she is not ok. supposed to have had a TIA out with one of them and went home on
#the bus.l.... the other one shojuld have called am amb ulance she xcannot watch tv for any olength of time before cdhanging channels
did not know I had taken her out to dinner etc.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:50 pm
[url=https://servimg.com/view/20102617/1695]Hello Everyone - Page 23 Bxsrrr29[/url]
Pauline you are certainly having a rough time so do hope it all improves soon for you and you will feel much better .Great Susi and Aimee going to attend your garden which will cheer you up Cant believe Kylian,s 5th birthday .How time flies .Do hope the warmer weather will help you (if your lucky to get it ).Good to hear Rachel is doing fine

Jean sorry to hear Carol not doing so well .Good that you could help her with her car.Hope she improves soon

Barbara David did the essential shopping while you got on with your exercises .After lunch you both washed up .You then watched some tv. while David went to the terrain to practice and spent quite a while there .Good that there was no rain .He made you both a nice hot drink when he came home. You then got on with your usual work

Well so far it is dry but chilly .I showered and set my hair but it is badly needing cut but pleased getting it done next week in fact it will be a perm........
Wishing you all a good weekend ladies
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:50 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We''ve had lovely sunshine here today but also we had a little rain earlier and also some cloudy weather, plus a gentle breeze.

David did the essential shopping early this morning.  I've done the full range of my exercises.  We then watched some TV. After lunch, David and I did the washing up together.  I watched some more TV and David went to the terrain to take part in the club session.  He's still there now.  I've done some reading.  I've also done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.  I've  tackled the cryptic crossword in the daily newspaper but have still more to do on it and I shall attempt to do so later this afternoon.

PAULINE: Nearly midnight yesterday, but you have already had 4 hours sleep, so now wide awake, so good time to read your posts and answer them and then if you are still awake, explain what has been happening to you.

You hope Jean posts and lets us know how her trip away was.

Rachel still staying cheerful and feeling okay, but will still have to wait a while for the results.

Susi and Aimie will be here on Tuesday to start on the garden mainly and they have been busy with Kylian's 5t birthday this week.

Now to you, after the appointment on Monday and Susi getting you to the club for a quick look in and then getting you home, later that evening the upset stomach started (but no sickness).  This got worse during Tuesday and Wednesday and you were back and forth to the bathroom and feeling so bad too with just as many aches and pains.  You haven't taken any further of those tablets since one on Wednesday morning and during Wednesday night in between visits to the bathroom you started getting things together, because you honestly thought you would have to phone for an ambulance and get to hospital.

Okay, so from this morning you started feeling that much better after that awful night, weak and washed out, but certainly better and pains were disappearing.  Now whether those tablets worked in washing all of the acid through the body (and that is the root of arthritis) you don't know, but pains have eased in the knees. although still a nuisance in the hands, but not so bad there.  Today been living on a lot of water, dry crackers, scrambled eggs, etc., and forcing yourself to eat and drink and you took 2 of your Zapain tabs this morning and just taken 2 a little while ago.  

Now you will see how you go over today and the weekend, because you have a covid jab booked for Monday, followed by a visit to the club, but if still a bit iffy, then you will cancel the covid jab.  You did check with Susi to see how she had been, because you know the novavirus is around, but she was fine, so you are sure it is down to those new tabs and you won't be taking them again.

That has got you all up-to-date and now we are into Friday so that is your post for today and wishing all of you a peaceful night and be too - different from last night.

Now awake today after a shift pattern of sleep, but your post in the early hours was meant for today and has brought you up-to-date.  This morning it is a bit windy out there and gloomy too, but your aches and pains in the knees are far better, but fingers and hands still suffering.

You hope we Ladies have a good day and enjoy the weekend coming and you are going to try some physio.

Pauline: I hope you soon feel better.  You're going through a very rough time at the moment.

JEAN: Gosh Pauline sorry you have been so ill.   You too are feeling ill since being at Carols weak and wobbly.

Poor Carol do not know what is happening there i.e. you had a flat tyre, she did not know how to get it fixed so you did that and then she took the tyre to the garage and made an appointment for it to be done and last night said they did not want to do ti and go to quick fix.

Sorry for all the mistakes.

Carol is on holiday at Warners with her friends who all know she is not ok.  Supposed to have had a TIA out with one of them and went home on the bus.l.... the other one should have called am ambulance.  She cannot watch tv for any length of time before changing channels.  She did not know you had taken her out to dinner etc.

DIAN: Well so far it is dry but chilly. You showered and set your hair but it is badly needing cut but pleased getting it done next week.  In fact it will be a perm........

Wishing you all a good weekend ladies.

I hope that RITA is having a good day.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:07 pm
not my day today f irist split the drink and then the chips dog had a dirty protest as I did not take him to the car because I had to fit his straps found that out when I came to get him
,miss Carol today home alone again no visitor today
Had a stomach pain like a ball in it last week no idea what that was fine now
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:29 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We're having lovely sunshine again today with no sign of any rain so far but with occasional heavy winds.

David did the essential shopping early this morning.  I haven't done my exercises today as my back has been hurting. Hopefully I'll be doing the full range of exercises again tomorrow.  We then watched some snooker on the TV.  After lunch, David and I did the washing up together.  I watched some more TV and David went to the terrain to take part in the club session.  He's still there now.  I've done some reading.  I've also done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.  I've  tackled the cryptic crossword in the daily newspaper but have still more to do on it and I shall attempt to do so later this afternoon.

JEAN: Not your day today first split the drink and then the chips.  Dog had a dirty protest as you did not take him to the car because you had to fit his straps.  Found that out when you went to get him.

You miss Carol today.  Home alone again.  No visitor today.

Had a stomach pain like a ball in it last week.  No idea what that was but fine now.

I hope that PAULINE and DIAN are all right and that RITA is having a good day.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:43 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 23 Eyffg100
Pauline do hope you are not in too much pain .     I am sure some of the family will be checking up on you so do hope after stopping those pills you will be feeling a bit better .Hoping you are having a good day

Jean hope you are having a good weekend with Peanut and do hope Carol is doing fine too

Barbara sorry to hear that your back is painful again so do hope it settles down soon .David and you watched some snooker on the tv. After lunch you both washed up .David went to the terrain to take part in the club session .Hope they did well  Meantime you got on with your usual work

It stared out a pleasant day but now is overcast .I sat out the back in the sun and cat joined me .After it dulled down came in as got chilly Very pleased son popped down and cut my front grass also did the back so was pleased that got done. He had got a new lawn mower so good excuse for trying it out .Now off for a nice cup of tea  Wishing you all a nice weekend
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:32 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 23 Fvka5n10  Hi
Ladies

Talk about building myself up with fibre.  I have just sat here and had a banana and a couple of Weetabix, which Stephen kindly brought in for me today, having phoned on the way over to ask if I needed anything.  Anyway he came over with one of the vans to shift the old bed base, mattress, drawers from the base and a couple of other things that needed going and we also had a nice talk with some cuppas.

Yesterday, feeling that much better and taking things slowly, I actually did all of the housework in the lounge and this morning have stripped the bed (not that I have used it much for sleeping as still more comfortable in the recliner) so certainly getting more energy back, but being careful.

Jean, yes I certainly did have a bad time of it, but thankfully getting through it. It doesn't sound as though your week with Carol did you much good, because you are obviously worried about her and she doesn't seem well at all, plus you aren't feeling that good and today didn't start off well for you what with spilling the drink and the chips and Peanut playing up.  Yesterday when I did the lounge and dusted my ornaments in there, with the lack of grip and feeling I have in the fingers, one ornament got broken, but I did remove another one safely to go to the charity shop, so a bit more space whether I intended it or not.

Dian, thank you for your good wishes too and it has been a rough time, but certainly feeling so much better than a few days ago.  Stephen getting rid of the unwanted furniture today has been a great help and certainly looking forward to the garden help from Aimie and Susi on Tuesday.  You are so right, it doesn't seem that long ago it was Kylian's 2nd birthday and here he is now 5.  I know how you feel about needing a perm, I have cut most of mine out now and just cannot feel with these fingers to even set it properly, so getting used to looking like Worzel Gummidge. Today started off pleasant enough to let you sit outside for a while with the cat and your son has cut the front and back grass for you with his new lawn mower, but it has dulled over now and hope you enjoyed the break for a cup of tea.

Barbara,  Yesterday pleasant weather your way and David got the shopping done, you got through your full range of exercises and after a few tasks together  and watching tv, David went to the terrain and hope he did well there. Thank you for your good wishes too and it certainly was a rough time, but feeling a great deal better now.  Yes, same here with lovely sunshine, although it did dull a bit around lunchtime, but is back again now.  Sorry to read that you have had to miss out the exercises today, because the back is causing you pain again and hope that improves quickly.

Wishing you all a restful and peaceful Saturday evening.  
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:54 am
woke up at 5am coughing so that sorted me out no more sleep taken dog out but still do not feel too great
son shound come this afternoon going over for dinnerhave not seen him for 9 weekse
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:58 am
Hello Everyone - Page 23 Rz11   Good morning Ladies.  Lovely sunny start on this Sunday morning, but there are a few clouds around.

Not sure what I am going to do today, but whatever it is, it will be done slowly and carefully and there is one thing I would love to lose and that is the pain in both hands, that is making life so difficult and particularly using this keyboard.

Jean. such a nuisance waking up that early and sleep has gone and see because of that you have already taken Peanut for the walk.  I expect you are looking forward to seeing your son for dinner at his house this afternoon, after that long gap of not seeing him.  Must admit it was nice me having a one to one with my son yesterday.

Dian and Barbara hope you have nice plans for today and next for me is a high fibre breakfast, which slowly is getting me back to rights.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:46 am
[url=https://servimg.com/view/20102617/1697]Hello Everyone - Page 23 Gml_fa18[/url
]Well wish it was like that in the Gif but is dull and overcast also showers of rain

Pauline that is good to hear that your pain is not so bad especially in your hands .That was nice having time with Stephen and so good he has taken items away for you .So glad to hear that family will help with the gardening too .Hope Rachel is fine too .

Jean sorry you have had a rough week so do hope it improves for you soon .Enjoy your dinner at your sons house .

Barbara wishing you and David a nice weekend with no problems .Wonder if Andrew will visit this weekend

It was a nice day yesterday but certainly not nice today as we now have the rain again. So pleased grass got cut yesterday. Off now for a snack then maybe some housework done
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:41 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We started with lovely sunshine today but it wasn't long before the clouds came over.  It's been very windy and chilly too, although the sun has appeared from time to time, only to disappear behind the clods again.

David did the essential shopping early this morning.  I haven't done my exercises today as my back has still been hurting. Hopefully I'll be doing the full range of exercises again tomorrow.  I'll try again anyway.  Later in the morning, David went to the terrain to play in the club session.  He won both games this time, which we were both pleased about.  I watched Laura K's programme on the TV and then did some work on my laptop, while watching some of the snooker on TV.  After lunch, David and I did the washing up together.  We then watched some of the London Marathon on the TV.  I've done some reading.  I've also done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.  I've  tackled the cryptic crossword in the daily newspaper but have still more to do on it and I shall attempt to do so later this afternoon.

DIAN: David won 1 game out of 3 yesterday at pétanque.  He's done a lot better today.

It's a real nuisance when my back is painful.  I expect you know all about that too.

Yesterday your weather started out a pleasant day but was then overcast.  You sat out the back in the sun and cat joined you.  After it dulled down came in as got chilly.  Very pleased son popped down and cut your front grass and also did the back so you were pleased that got done.  He had got a new lawn mower so good excuse for trying it out.  Now off for a nice cup of tea.  Wishing you all a nice weekend.

Well you wish your weather today was like that in the Gif but is dull and overcast also showers of rain.

No, Andrew had no plans to come to us for this weekend but I don't suppose it'll be long till he comes here again.

It was a nice day yesterday but certainly not nice today as you now have the rain again.  So pleased grass got cut yesterday.  Off now for a snack then maybe some housework done.

PAULINE: Talk about building yourself up with fibre.  Yesterday you have sat here and had a banana and a couple of Weetabix, which Stephen kindly brought in for you today, having phoned on the way over to ask if you needed anything.  Anyway he came over with one of the vans to shift the old bed base, mattress, drawers from the base and a couple of other things that needed going and you also had a nice talk with some cuppas.

The day before yesterday, feeling that much better and taking things slowly, you actually did all of the housework in the lounge and have stripped the bed (not that you have used it much for sleeping as still more comfortable in the recliner) so certainly getting more energy back, but being careful.

It's good to know that you're feeling much better now.  You've had a very bad time of it.

Thank you for your kind words about my back pains.  It's starting to feel a bit better now, thanks.

Lovely sunny start on this Sunday morning, but there are a few clouds around.

Not sure what you are going to do today, but whatever it is, it will be done slowly and carefully and there is one thing you would love to lose and that is the pain in both hands, that is making life so difficult and particularly using this keyboard.

JEAN: You woke up at 5am coughing so that sorted you out.  No more sleep.  Taken dog out but still do not feel too great.

Son should come this afternoon.  Going over for dinner.  You have not seen him for 9 weeks.

I hope that RITA is in fine fettle.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:48 pm
It's me again, folks!

Just to say that I forgot to mention that I've completed my application for a postal vote for the mayoral election and the local elections taking place on 2 May.  It was a bit of a chore but it'll be worth it if we get the right results!
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:36 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 23 F1wevx47Pauline hope you have had a good night with not too much pain .Hope you got to your Monday club or maybe still to much pain for that .You will be looking forward to getting your garden up to date. Hope all is still good with Rachel .

Jean hope your having a good day with Peanut

Barbara David did the essential shopping but as you are still not doing your usual exercises wonder if you got them done today. Well done David in winning 2 games at the terrain. You watched a Laura KS programme on the tv. then did some work on your laptop while watching some snooker on the TV. After lunch David and you both did the washing up . then David and you watched the London marathon on the TV  Also you got on with your usual work .Hope you finished your cryptic crossword .
Good you got your postal vote sorted for the Mayor election

It was quite a nice morning so tackled to try and trim back some shrubs.Got started but had to give in as back played up but pleased got started Might try again later

Hope all are having a good day
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:57 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

Well we started off with lovely sunshine as usual this morning but it was terribly cold but with just a gentle breeze.  Later in the morning, the clouds came over, as usual, and then there was a shower which didn't last very long.  It's still cloudy now but we may get some last minute sunshine later this afternoon.  That often happens now.

David did the essential shopping early this morning.  I haven't done my exercises today as my back has still been hurting. Hopefully I'll be doing the full range of exercises again tomorrow.  I'll try again anyway.  I then watched some TV  After lunch, David and I did the washing up together.  David went out for a walk after that and there were police around as someone was seen walking on the tram tracks.  There aren't any trams at the moment as there's engineering work being done on them, which should be nearly finished.  David came back home and has made us a nice hot drink each.  He's now watching the snooker on the TV and I came on here.  I've done some reading.  I've also done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.  I've  tackled the cryptic crossword in the daily newspaper but have still more to do on it and I shall attempt to do so later this afternoon.

DIAN: It was quite a nice morning so you tackled to try and trim back some shrubs.  Got started but had to give in as back played up but pleased got started.  Might try again later.

I hope that PAULINE and JEAN are all right and that RITA is having a good day.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:16 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 23 Fdvkk411   Hello Ladies.  Late today, but it has been a full one.  Started off early and got to the centre and did the shopping I needed and cash from the bank then the bus to the pharmacy for the covid jab and collect prescription, then to the club.  Enjoyed it there and we had a talk from a lady who belonged to a group that studied post boxes and she had so many photos and items on display - so interesting.  We won the quiz and I won a tin of tuna in the raffle.  Home after that to get the shopping away and been working on the finances since then and they have worked out right.

Won't be long off of settling down, as early start tomorrow when Susi arrives followed by Aimie and a start to be made on the garden so I do hope the rain stays away, unlike today.

Jean I do hope you enjoyed the meal over at your son's.

Dian, that was a good job that the grass had been cut, because it wasn't gardening weather on Sunday.  My knees were aching again today and hands sore, but you can see from above I got to the club and also did everything else I needed to (with the help of the pain killers). Rachel still waiting for the results, but seems okay, when I spoke to her on the phone this evening.  Don't push yourself too much taking into account how your back is playing up, but I know you wanted to tackle more work on the shrubs.

Barbara, weather seemed the same all over on Sunday - quite unsettled and see you were still having trouble with your back. I see you sorted out your postal vote and I have one of them and posted mine off today.  Agree with you, it certainly did get cold today and was glad I had several layers on waiting for the bus back home from the club and we have had rain too - a miserable day really. You are hoping that you will be able to get back to your full range of exercises tomorrow and I am wondering when I will be able to tackle all of mine again - still not able to do all of them.

Well enjoy the rest of the evening Ladies and wishing you all a peaceful night.  
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:20 am
the meal at sons was the usual one with aoll frozen stuff and slow cooked meat  not my idea of a meal but at least I saw hime
the sore on my leg is playing up where peanut jumped on me it was his claws may have to go to docs about that
not too bad on dog walk but still cold
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:04 am
[url=https://servimg.com/view/20102617/1699]Hello Everyone - Page 23 1o3wsa61[/url]
Pauline well done in getting out and about also great you did get to the Mon. club .Well you will be looking forward to the girls tackling your garden .Do hope the rain stays away for the girls .Good hear Rachel so far is fine

Jean good you got out to your son for your dinner .Would be wise to get the sore on your leg looked at too

Barbara I am sure you will be having a nice day with David .Do hope the weather is dry and sunny for you

So far it is a nice bright sunny morning so just going to hang out a washing and then maybe tackle another few shrubs
Have a good day ladies
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:31 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 23 Citgmv15    Hi Ladies,

Jean, like Dian has said, you really should have that looked at on your leg and not take any chances with that.  Particularly as it might have been from a scratch when Peanut  jumped at you.  Well the meal might not have been to your liking, but at least it was family time together.

Dian, I reckon I did a bit too much yesterday, or it could be because of the covid jab, but knees are suffering so I am going for a rest in a little while.  i hope the dry weather has stayed with you and you have got the washing dry and more shrubs tackled.

Barbara, I expect we will hear from you later and hope your day is going well.

Susi and Aimie have just left and will be back on another day to continue and get the bags of rubbish to the local recycling centre.  All the ivy has been taken down and the honeysuckle saved and we need a new 6ft tall post (Susi is going to get that for me) to match the one holding the wooden trellis across the pathwy (which is for one of the clematis) and then we can get the new trellis into place for some of the honeysuckle - looks so much better now with more light coming into the lounge. We did get rain on and off for a couple of hours during the time they worked, but they  still were able to get things done and we slotted in lunch during one wet hour.,

I really must away for a rest now and hope knees appreciate it and hope you enjoy the rest of the afternoon and evening.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum