Nifty Fifties Plus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Pauline
Pauline
Admin
https://nifty-fifties.forumotion.com

Hello Everyone - Page 21 Empty Re: Hello Everyone

Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:54 am
Hello Everyone - Page 21 Ocigku10   Good Morning Ladies.

Got up--to-date news from Rachel.  Pre op is 8 tomorrow morning and then on Friday they are going to take a sample of what they think is a skin cancer from her arm (both of those done here in Northampton, so she can get to work conveniently) then next week (in Coventry) they will carry out the hysteroscopy to take samples and hopefully they will get the results quite quickly back from that.  Rachel's Mum was a bit worried about the speed it was being done, but both Rachel and I think it is because it was a wrong diagnosis that caused all of this trouble and they are dealing with this quickly before anything happens - we both are staying positive.and seeing as they spotted pre-cancerous activity, they want to deal with this before anything does go wrong.

Me, I did sleep on top of the bed last night with light covers over, but woke up with a load of arthritic pain and that was after rubbing the gel into the knees before settling down, so will have to contact GP again, as advised by physiotherapist.

Got an email from Rita this morning saying she was well and had spent part of the Easter weekend with her family in Norfolk and that son Peter took her to the cemetery yesterday morning as it is 25 years since she lost her husband. She hoped I was well, but had to tell her the hip was wonderful, but the rest of me still not so good and told her about Rachel, so not the good news she was hoping to hear from me.  She wrote on her Ipad and asked if I had a new computer yet - I wished that was so, but told her that would have to wait until I could afford it.

Barbara, that is a hefty charge each month for Acorn maintenance and glad that you made the point that nothng was told to you about this previously.  You want to make sure they do carry that out each month and I take it that does cover the cost of any parts that might be required?  Make sure of that.  Glad you had a lovely weekend with Andrew.

Jean, do hope you have your energy back after the trips out and weather good today for a walk with Peanut.

Dian, expect you are enjoying the club and hope the winning streak is with you.

Must away now Ladies, as have to phone Susi and let her know the news about Rachel.  Enjoy your day.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:22 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 21 D9ypv048
Pauline well done you in having a bath .Good Rachel is getting seen to so soon and I am sure will be fine as caught early but still a worry .Well still early days for you but you are doing so well and you will soon have better weather to look forward to

Jean do hope you are having a good day with Peanut .Hope your son gets back to you soon .

Barbara that was good having the weekend with Andrew .Yes that was not fair the lift people not telling you about the monthly sum .I am sure it does make a difference for you .

Well just in from Wednesday club which I enjoyed but no win at the bingo .Afraid we are having plenty of rain at the moment. Roll on spring
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:26 pm
had another disaster today took the car to the car wash and the paint where it had been repaired came off. unforuntately did not see this until I  home
goodness knows what it will cost to be put riight
hope things go ok for Rachel and you are feeling b etter Pauline
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:49 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We had lovely sunshine first thing this morning but then the clouds came over and it did look like rain for a time.  

David did the essential shopping early this morning.  I still haven't done my exercises due to having hurt my back but it's feeling a bit better and so I'll see how it feels tomorrow.  David went to the terrain later in the morning to play in the club session and also to pay his annual membership fee.  He tried to pay it one day last week but the treasurer wasn't there.  Anyway, David paid it today.  After lunch, David and I did the washing up together.  I watched some more TV and then I came in here and David is watching snooker on the TV, having made us a hot drink each.  I've done some reading.  I've also done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.  I have tackled the cryptic crossword in the daily newspaper but have more to do on it and so shall attempt to do so later this afternoon.

PAULINE: Got up--to-date news from Rachel.  Pre op is 8 tomorrow morning and then on Friday they are going to take a sample of what they think is a skin cancer from her arm (both of those done here in Northampton, so she can get to work conveniently) then next week (in Coventry) they will carry out the hysteroscopy to take samples and hopefully they will get the results quite quickly back from that.  Rachel's Mum was a bit worried about the speed it was being done, but both you and Rachel think it is because it was a wrong diagnosis that caused all of this trouble and they are dealing with this quickly before anything happens - you both are staying positive.and seeing as they spotted pre-cancerous activity, they want to deal with this before anything does go wrong.

You did sleep on top of the bed last night with light covers over, but woke up with a load of arthritic pain and that was after rubbing the gel into the knees before settling down, so will have to contact GP again, as advised by physiotherapist.

Got an email from Rita this morning saying she was well and had spent part of the Easter weekend with her family in Norfolk and that son Peter took her to the cemetery yesterday morning as it is 25 years since she lost her husband. She hoped you were well, but had to tell her the hip was wonderful, but the rest of you still not so good and told her about Rachel, so not the good news she was hoping to hear from you.  She wrote on her Ipad and asked if you had a new computer yet - you wished that was so, but told her that would have to wait until you could afford it.

Must away now Ladies, as had to phone Susi and let her know the news about Rachel.  Enjoy your day.

Pauline: Thank you for your advice regarding the monitoring of our stairlift and the cost of the maintenance.  We will certainly keep an eye on Acorn to make sure all is done as it should be!

DIAN: Thank you for what you too have said about the monitoring of our stairlift and the cost of the maintenance.  Now that we know about it, we'll certainly be keeping an eye on Acorn!

Well just in from Wednesday club which you enjoyed but no win at the bingo.  Afraid we are having plenty of rain at the moment.  Roll on spring!  That was what my Dad used to say every year!

JEAN: Had another disaster today.  Took the car to the car wash and the paint where it had been repaired came off.  Unforuntately did not see this until I got home.  Goodness knows what it will cost to be put right.

Hope things go ok for Rachel and you are feeling better Pauline.

I hope that Rita is having a good day.

Stay safe and well, everyone!

Lots of love from me to all!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:38 am
Hello Everyone - Page 21 D9n78011
Good Morning Ladies.  That is me in the gif, looking miserable because I can't get on with sewing any seeds because I haven't the room indoors and definitely cannot find any clear space to deal with them outside,  so they are going to be really late this year, or I won't even attempt them and just hope they are okay for another year

Thank you all for your good wishes for Rachel and before the day was out yesterday they had got back to her about the hysteroscopy and she has got to be at the Coventry hospital at 7 this Sunday morning, so they are certainly getting a move on.  

Dian, that was on Tuesday the physiotherapist said to have a dry run getting in and out of the bath before a real bath, well didn't try that after seeing her Tuesday and ran out of time yesterday and got too tired to try that out, but that is next lined up for me this morning and looking forward to a nice hot bath once again.  See you enjoyed the club yesterday, but no win and you are getting plenty of rain.  Not far off the official Spring (which is 20th of this month), but the flowers in my garden and the way the grass is growing is telling me that it is here - plenty of bees buzzing around too.

Jean you certainly aren't having a good time this week, with another problem turning up.  That sounds as though it wasn't a very good job done on that originally and  hope you can push for that to be redone with no extra cost to you. I am still not feeling that good and wish I could cut down on the pain killers, but you can see above what I wrote about that appointment for Rachel.

Barbara,  yes plenty of rain again and here it went on through the night and has really only just stopped a little while ago.  I quickly looked up on internet about Acorn maintenance and they are certainly full of the fact that everything is fully guaranteed for 12 months, but not very forthcoming about the cost after that and also state that it should be maintained every 12 months, so you are paying £10 a month just for a yearly check and that certainly sounds steep to me and hope that does cover to cost of any parts that might have to be renewed.

Okay Ladies I am off now for the bath and hope you all have a pleasant day and no further problems..
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:41 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 21 7fw3im66
Pauline that is a worry about Rachel but at least she is getting it all attended to quickly which is so good .Do hope your aches and pains do ease up soon. That was good hearing from Rita and nice she spent time with her family It would be wise to maybe hold back on any gardening just yet

Jean so sorry to hear about your car. There is always something needing attention .Hope you are having a better day

Barbara David did the essential shopping and later went to the terrain to play also he paid his fees After lunch you and David did the washing up together Do hope your back will be a bit better tomorrow .Yes that was mean about your chair lift in not giving you all the right details about the true costs .

Will not be going out with daughter tomorrow but we will go out early on Saturday morning I showered and washed and set my hair and will do some more housework.
Have a nice day ladies.
So far some sun today with no rain so do hope it stays that way
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:38 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We've had lovely sunshine on and off for most of today, but with cloudy skies in between and it looking as if it were going to rain.  So far it's stayed dry.  David and I did try to go for a walk this morning but after initially being nice and sunny when we set off, that was when it turned cloudy and looking as if it were going to rain at any minute, and so we got so far on our walk but then decided to turn round and come back home.  As it turned out, we could have continued on our walk, but we weren't to know that at the time!

David did the essential shopping early this morning.  I've done the full range of my exercises today and my back feels fine and so I shall continue with them from now on.  On coming back from our walk, such as it was, David made us a nice hot drink each.  After lunch, David and I did the washing up together.  I watched some more TV and then I came in here and David is watching snooker on the TV, having made us another hot drink each.  I've done some reading.  I've also done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.  I have tackled the cryptic crossword in the daily newspaper but have more to do on it and so shall attempt to do so later this afternoon.

PAULINE: Good Morning Ladies.  That is you in the gif, looking miserable because you can't get on with sewing any seeds because you haven't the room indoors and definitely cannot find any clear space to deal with them outside,  so they are going to be really late this year, or you won't even attempt them and just hope they are okay for another year.

Thank you all for your good wishes for Rachel and before the day was out yesterday they had got back to her about the hysteroscopy and she has got to be at the Coventry hospital at 7 this Sunday morning, so they are certainly getting a move on.  

Pauline: That's good news that they're getting on with looking after Rachel and I hope and pray all does turn out all right for her.

DIAN: Yes, Pauline is right about Acorn not giving us all the right details about the true cost.  We're going to have to watch them!

Will not be going out with daughter tomorrow but you and she will go out early on Saturday morning.  You showered and washed and set your hair and will do some more housework.

Have a nice day ladies.

So far some sun today with no rain so do hope it stays that way.

I hope that Jean is all right and that Rita is having a good day.

Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:49 am
well it is monsoon again my legs will not go hoping that will go away soon  no reason
went to centre yesterday and they had a nice singewr
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:29 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We had heavy rain very early this morning.  In fact David got caught in it again when he came back home with the shopping.  Since then, though, we've had beautiful sunshine, and blue skies and fluffy white clouds.

David did the essential shopping early this morning.  I've done the full range of my exercises today and my back feels fine and so I shall continue with them from now on.  After lunch, David and I did the washing up together.  I watched some more TV and then I came in here and David is watching snooker on the TV, having made us a nice hot drink each.  I've done some reading.  I've also done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.  I have tackled the cryptic crossword in the daily newspaper but have more to do on it and so shall attempt to do so later this afternoon.

I had a phone call this morning from Specsavers at Home, letting me know that my new gasses will be delivered to me on 11 April in the afternoon, and that they'll phone me on the day to let me know what time to expect them.  They really do provide an excellent service.

JEAN: Well it is monsoon again.  Your legs will not go.  Hoping that will go away soon.  No reason.

Went to centre yesterday and they had a nice singer.

I hope that Pauline and Dian are all right and that Rita is having a good day.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Fri Apr 05, 2024 6:23 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 21 Cqvrhw50
Pauline do hope you have had a good day with no problems........great Rachel is having her op tomorrow........wishing her well

Jean good you got to the center and enjoyed it

Barbara you and David had a good day .Great  that you now can do all your exercises again

This is just a quick post.........daughter phoned me this morning saying she would be finished early and she came and took me out shopping which I did enjoy She will also pick me up tomorrow morning as going to visit crematorium where book is opened at day  husband died which is 20 years tomorrow.
Just gave my meter reading too EON .........hope all had a good day
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Fri Apr 05, 2024 7:19 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 21 Wjbous12    Hello Ladies.  Well it certainly couldn't start the day without rain again, but the rest of it has been lovely and sunny and again, drying everything out.

Update on Rachel, today's appointment for the skin cancer was cancelled out until next Friday, because they didn't want any risk of infection seeing as the Hysteroscopy is early on Sunday.  I just hope she takes it easy tomorrow and relaxes before that early start on Sunday.

Jean, yes it had to start with heavy rain again today.  Definitely monsoon weather and your legs sound the same as mine.  Glad you enjoyed the singer at the centre the day before.

Dian, I did manage to enjoy the bath yesterday and it was lovely after being so long wthout one, but decided it would be a good idea to order one of those bathseats which make it easier getting into the water and also very handy to lean on when getting out.  That Attendance Allowace again arrived today and is getting used for that type of thing.  Rachel is certainly being dealt with quickly and I hope everything will be okay for her.  See there was to be no shopping trip for you today, but you are out early tomorrow with your daughter, so hope you enjoy that.  Just seen your post from today and see it was all change around and you did go on the shopping trip as your daughter had finished early and then tomorrow you and her will visit the crematorium as the book will be open on the page your husband died, 20 years ago. That is similar to the trip that Rita made the other day to the cemetery with her son David (25 years ago she lost her husband).

Barbara,  I see that you and David set out for a walk, but clouds looked a bit threatening, so you turned round again and headed for home. as this weather is so unpredictable.  Thank you too for your good wishes for Rachel.  More heavy rain again your way this morning, same as here and I see that David got caught in it this time on return from the shopping.  That is handy knowing that Specsavers will be delivering your new glasses on 11th and that they will phone you with the time they will be calling - hope they are all correct for you and you are happy with the look of them.

Well Ladies I hope you have an enjoyable evening and I intend to try and catch up again wih my boxset of The Last Kingdom and it feels like all day I have been getting rid of and filing paperwork - where does it all come from?
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:27 am
hope promised sunshine comes today s o I caqn get  out in the garden nsot that I can do a lot with these legs   thiese fingers keep putting stuff in
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:03 am
Hello Everyone - Page 21 B8ebnt30

Pauline do hope you get good news for Rachel .At least she has been lucky in getting attended too .Do hope you are getting stronger each day too........sounds like it

Jean do hope as the weather improves it will be a lot easier for you

Barbara hope you and David are having a nice weekend

Well good luck to those who are having nice weather

It is blowing a gale here at the moment. Daughter took me  this morning then we had a nice breakfast in local cafe .Now off for another nice cup of tea and do hope the wind eases off some so I just might get some more tiding up done........
Wishing you all a nice weekend
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Sat Apr 06, 2024 2:32 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 21 Smx40n10   Hi Ladies,

Jean hope you do get on okay in your garden today.

Dian, weather not too good for you today (here it is windy, but it is dry and we do have sunshine).  See you and your daughter enjoyed the trip to the crematorium this morning and then on for a nice breakfast at a local cafe.  See you are hoping to do some garden work too today.

Hope your day is going well Barbara.

I would love to be doing some garden work, but arthritis preventing it.  I can say that I have never had such pain in my hands and knees as I am getting now and will have to go back to the doctor next week.  Going to phone Rachel and Stephen next and see how she is today and whether that is a one day op at the hospital for her tomorrow.

Enjoy your Saturday Ladies.
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:54 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We have lovely sunshine here today with not a drop of rain in sight.  The clouds do come over sometimes but in the main I'd say that that the sunshine is winning!  It is very windy though and probably due to Storm Kathleen which is mainly affecting the western side of the UK but we're getting some of it here too.

David did the essential shopping early this morning.  I've done the full range of my exercises today and my back feels fine.  After lunch, David and I did the washing up together.  I watched some more TV and then I came in here and David has gone to the terrain to play in the club session.  I've done some reading.  I've also done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.  I have tackled the cryptic crossword in the daily newspaper but have more to do on it and so shall attempt to do so later this afternoon.

DIAN: This is just a quick post.........daughter phoned me yesterday morning saying she would be finished early and she came and took you out shopping which you did enjoy.  She also picked you up this morning as going to visit crematorium where book is opened at day husband died which is 20 years today
Just gave your meter reading too EON .........hope all had a good day.

Well good luck to those who are having nice weather

It is blowing a gale here at the moment.  Daughter took you this morning.  Then we had a nice breakfast in local cafe.  Now off for another nice cup of tea and do hope the wind eases off some so you just might get some more tiding up done........

PAULINE: Well it certainly couldn't start the day yesterday without rain again, but the rest of it has been lovely and sunny and again, drying everything out.

Update on Rachel, yesterday's appointment for the skin cancer was cancelled out until next Friday, because they didn't want any risk of infection seeing as the Hysteroscopy is early on Sunday.  You just hope she takes it easy today and relaxes before that early start on Sunday.

You hope we all have an enjoyable evening and you intend to try and catch up again wih your boxset of The Last Kingdom and it feels like all day you have been getting rid of and filing paperwork - where does it all come from?

You would love to be doing some garden work, but arthritis preventing it.  You can say that you have never had such pain in your hands and knees as you are getting now and will have to go back to the doctor next week.  Going to phone Rachel and Stephen next and see how she is today and whether that is a one day op at the hospital for her tomorrow.  I'm very sorry to hear that you're still in a lot of pain, Pauline.

Enjoy your Saturday Ladies.

JEAN: You hope promised sunshine comes today so you can get out in the garden not that you can do a lot with these legs.  These fingers keep putting stuff in.

I hope that Rita is having a good day.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:04 am
well I was so cold yesterdag it was the wind, going out for a walk with dog before I go out to lunch with the group
#hope your fingers are less painful today Pauline my legs are still not working
Barbara good you are going out walking now
Dain how nice t
o be taken out
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:30 am
Hello Everyone - Page 21 R37jmp12  Good Morning Ladies.

Barbara, glad you got that letter written to Acorn about those charges you weren't informed about.  Am I right in thinking that when you had that fault develop last year,  it was you that had to get in touch with them?  So where was their remote monitoring then?  Glad to read you enjoyed the weekend with Andrew staying with you over Easter.

Jean this weather certainly doesn't help with our aches and pains, but glad to read you enjoyed the lunch out yesterday.

Dian hope your weekend is going well.

Pain was so bad yesterday in joints and hands, that I had to start on another course of Ibuprofen tablets and finally managed to get about 3 hours sleep from 3.30 this morning and have taken two more of those tablets now, plus the one I am supposed to take (to protect stomach) when on them.  So far much better this morning, but not pushing my luck and staying on the keyboard for too long and now waiting for the phone call or message from Stephen to say all is going well for Rachel.

Enjoy your Sunday Ladies.
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:57 am
Hello Everyone - Page 21 1o3wsa60
Pauline hope the news for Rachel is good........sorry you have been in so much pain as really does pull you down so hope it clears up soon for you

Well think we are having storm Kathleen as blowing well all day yesterday and today but got my washing out and dried Very Happy

Jean sorry you are in so much pain so do hope it improves for you

Barbara that is good news  that your back has improved .After lunch you and David did the              washing up together .Later David went to the terrain while you got on  with your usual work

Rita hope all is fine with you

Well storm Kathleen is blowing a gale hear at the moment so just might get on with more tiding in the back if it calms down some
Wishing you all a good day
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:58 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We're having lovely sunshine again here today, with hardly a cloud in the sky, and no rain.  It's still very windy, though, probably at least partly due to Storm Kathleen, although she's mainly affecting the western side of the country.

David did the essential shopping early this morning.  Later this morning, he went to the terrain to play in the club session.  He won 2 games but then the 3rd one was abandoned, as people wanted to go home.  I've done the full range of my exercises today and my back feels fine.  After lunch, David and I did the washing up together.  I watched some more TV and then I came in here and David has been watching snooker on the TV.  He made us a nice hot drink each.  I've done some reading.  I've also done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.  I have tackled the cryptic crossword in the daily newspaper but have more to do on it and so shall attempt to do so later this afternoon.

JEAN: Well you were so cold yesterday.  It was the wind, going out for a walk with dog before you went out to lunch with the group.

Your legs are still not working.

PAULINE: Pain was so bad yesterday in your joints and hands, that you had to start on another course of Ibuprofen tablets and finally managed to get about 3 hours sleep from 3.30 this morning and have taken two more of those tablets now, plus the one you are supposed to take (to protect stomach) when on them.  So far much better this morning, but not pushing your luck and staying on the keyboard for too long and now waiting for the phone call or message from Stephen to say all is going well for Rachel.

DIAN: Well think you are having storm Kathleen as blowing well all day yesterday and today but got your washing out and dried.

Well storm Kathleen is blowing a gale hear at the moment so just might get on with more tiding in the back if it calms down some.

I hope that all is well with Rita.

Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:40 am
Hello Everyone - Page 21 1i6fjy95
Pauline do hope you have had a good weekend .Hope Rachel gets good news and hope she does get her operation soon and all goes well for her. Hope your not in too much pain today .

Jean hope you have had a good weekend and not in too much pain

Barbara well done David in winning his games at the terrain yesterday. Good your having nice weather which makes a big difference so hope you still have nice weather

Well so far it is quite a pleasant day so do hope it keeps up .I got more tiding up of the back .Cleared underneath bushes at the back Lots of small twigs and dead leaves .I also seeded a small patch of grass so hoping it works .i was so tired when I came in but pleased got that work started .Garden bin half full but it is getting collected today

Trusting you will all have a pleasant day
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:47 am
Hello Everyone - Page 21 Flower17  Good Morning All.  Had to go back on the IBProfen tabs and of course, have to make sure I take the correct tablets at the correct time, with the other tablet with them (which is once a day and IBProfen are 2x 3 times a day and stick to the regime that goes with them), including food and drink and the pain killers too, but having started that again yesterday, I did feel so much better and again today.

I did want to go shopping first before the club today, but will have to see how that goes, fitting the timing in with regard to reaction to tablets and getting in the three main exercises that the physiotherapist wants me to concentrate on.

Away from my medical problems and day looks a bit gloomy out there, but so far it is a dry one.  I find it so frustrating looking out on that garden that needs so much tidying and not being able to get on with it.  Susi and Aimie are busy with the boys as it is Easter holidays and fitting in their activities, so their time helping me is limited.  Rachel got home from the procedure yesterday at 1.30 in the afternoon and just wanted to sleep when she got back.  Hope we don't have to wait too long for the results and they are good ones..  Also Susi is going to fit in renewing a lot of the sealant on my porch outside and the new door step for the front door has been delivered.  Yesterday I also finished watching the last of my boxset of The Last Kingdom and very impressed with that.

Dian, thankfully the tablets seem to be working and pain not so bad this morning with regard to the hands.  I know it seems I am moaning all of the time, but never had such pain before in my hands that badly and just hoping it will eventually go when this excess fluid has worked its way out of the body.  The wind did get worse here yesterday, but seems you got the worst of it your way, but at least got the washing dry without losing any of it.  Hope it did calm down for you and you did manage to get more tidying done in the back yesterday, but do be careful not to agitate your back. Just seen your post arriving while I was tidying up and correcting mine and whow, you certainly did get through a lot of garden work and no wonder you were tired when you finished. You are making me itch to get out in mine.

Barbara, although it was windy your way and mine, looks as though Dian got some bad patches of the storm yesterday.  See David went to the terrain yesterday, but only got in 2 matches as other members wanted to go home.  You got on with  your usual things and back to your full range of exercises.

Jean, hope yesterday went well for you.

Must away now Ladies and see what I can fit in before the club, but reckon the shopping will either have to be done after that or tomorrow - depends what time I have and what I feel like.  If you could see the mistakes and missing letters on my original typing and no correct gaps between words, you would understand how long it takes me to get it all in a legible condition, so that is another big chunk of time used up  Rolling Eyes   Hope the week starts off well for all of you.
BarbaraR
BarbaraR

Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:45 pm
Good Afternoon everyone!

We had lovely sunshine early this morning but then the clouds came over.  Now the lovely sunshine is back again!

David did the essential shopping early this morning.  I've done the full range of my exercises today and my back feels fine.  After lunch, David and I did the washing up together.  I watched some more TV and then I came in here and David has been watching a Western on the TV.  He's made us a nice hot drink each.  I've done some reading.  I've also done some computer work on my mobile phone and on my laptop.  I have tackled the cryptic crossword in the daily newspaper but have more to do on it and so shall attempt to do so later this afternoon.

DIAN: Well so far it is quite a pleasant day so do hope it keeps up.  You got more tiding up of the back.  Cleared underneath bushes at the back.  Lots of small twigs and dead leaves.  You also seeded a small patch of grass so hoping it works.  You were so tired when you came in but pleased got that work started.  Garden bin half full but it is getting collected today.

PAULINE: Good Morning All.  Had to go back on the IBProfen tabs and of course, have to make sure you take the correct tablets at the correct time, with the other tablet with them (which is once a day and IBProfen are 2x 3 times a day and stick to the regime that goes with them), including food and drink and the pain killers too, but having started that again yesterday, you did feel so much better and again today.

You did want to go shopping first before the club today, but will have to see how that goes, fitting the timing in with regard to reaction to tablets and getting in the three main exercises that the physiotherapist wants you to concentrate on.

Away from your medical problems and day looks a bit gloomy out there, but so far it is a dry one.  You find it so frustrating looking out on that garden that needs so much tidying and not being able to get on with it.  Susi and Aimie are busy with the boys as it is Easter holidays and fitting in their activities, so their time helping you is limited.  Rachel got home from the procedure yesterday at 1.30 in the afternoon and just wanted to sleep when she got back.  Hope you don't have to wait too long for the results and they are good ones..  Also Susi is going to fit in renewing a lot of the sealant on your porch outside and the new door step for the front door has been delivered.  Yesterday you also finished watching the last of your boxset of The Last Kingdom and very impressed with that.

Must away now Ladies and see what you can fit in before the club, but reckon the shopping will either have to be done after that or tomorrow - depends what time you have and what you feel like.  If we could see the mistakes and missing letters on your original typing and no correct gaps between words, you would understand how long it takes you to get it all in a legible condition, so that is another big chunk of time used up.   Hope the week starts off well for all of you.

I hope that Jean is all right and that Rita is in fine fettle.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dian Gavin
Dian Gavin

Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:18 am
Hello Everyone - Page 21 6ujrhj40
Well it is a really wet wet morning here so am hoping it might ease up later and then get weeding the front path as pleased got the back one done and still more moss to get rid off .

Pauline do hope you had a nice time at your Monday club. Hope some good news for Rachel .Wonder  if you had a win at your club .They  would be pleased to see you back

Jean hope you and Peanut are having a nice day.

Barbara hope you still have the dry weather Great you are now back exercising your back again .David did his essential shopping while you got on with your usual work out .After lunch both of you tackled the washing up .You watched some tv before coming in here .David watched a western  then made you both a nice hot drink

Still heavy rain so really hoping for it to ease off .Now need to go and get some housework done.........hope all are having a good day
Pauline
Pauline
Admin

Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:51 pm
Hello Everyone - Page 21 4cpvzp12  Hi Ladies.  Yesterday, despite everything having to be done at my slow pace, I did manage to get the shopping done and called into the bank before I got to the club.  AGM yesterday and this time there is no way I could have taken the Minutes and it wasn't that long a meeting, mainly spent on what money there was and what trips we woud like to go on.  Then we had a quiz and after I got home I did manage to get the recycling bin out, after I had put the shopping away and caught up on emails, all with the help of pacing myslf with the taking of the tablets, but sleep not so easy last night.  Anyway had to take the first lot of tablets this morning at 6.30 amd I dont really want o take another lot until 1.30, but am now feeling the fingers starting to throb and there are going to be a lot of mistakes for me to put right before I can post this.  Recycling bin was emptied about 11.30 and it was so windy out there, so wondering where my bin will have shifted to when it has calmed down enough to bring it back in.

Sorry comments are short today on what you have posted.

Barbara, usual day for you and David yesterday, with patchy weather like here. We had heavy rain and wind again early hours of this morning and now it is drying up, but gloomy and at least calmer.

Dian, I did have one win yesterday - a jar of strawberry jam to add to my shopping aleady in the trolley.  I see you were hoping the rain would stop yesteray, so you could weed along the front path and there is a lot of moss to get rid of, but if it was still raining you were going to get on with the housework instead. Yes, we are hoping for good results from that hysteroscopy that Rachel had on Sunday.

Hope the week started off well for you Jean.

One bit of good news in an email yesterday was from Bon Marche (we lost our shop in the local centre,but still have one in Northampton) and it informed me that David Emanuel is back designing for them and I did used to like his trouser designs.  I do have enough black ones at the moment in good condition, but a brown pair I could do with, so there might be a reason for me to go into town.

Must away now Ladies and not punish my fingers any further and have about an hour's reading left to do of my current book, before it is tablet time and I might just be able to sort through some more paperwork jobs when fingers stop throbbing.  Hope the day goes well for all of you..
Jeanmay
Jeanmay

Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:48 pm
went to the club today  came home and put the heating back on as it is so cold. found my green bin had fallen over or maybe pushed over as I had a delivery
still all weak and horrible
we did tea tea tasting at the club today it was all horrible
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum